Just a Normal Girl 6

Printer-friendly version

Well, I've got a costume now.

Costuming class was a bit odd at first, but what the heck. It wasn't that hard. And I could use an "easy" class or two.

I went with the skintight bodysuit as a base. With strategic reinforcing. After one of the other kids let slip something about the combat finals, I got serious about reinforcing things and making sure I could still move well while getting some protection.

Plus, it'll be easy to hide under a lot of my clothes.

I have to admit I stole part of the look from the classic Catwoman catsuit.

I got my "symbol" from daydreaming in geometry class. We were covering "normal" lines. Which led to someone making a joke about my codename.

So I got to wondering about what would be "normal" (in the geometric sense) to a girl.

Pretty soon I'd doodled the standard female symbol vertically bisected by a line that was an extension of the "plus" symbol at the bottom.

On my costume, the "normal" is hot pink (and done with electroluminescent fabric) so it will glow. But only when I want it to. The rest of the symbol is a darker pink against the sky blue of the suit.

Needless to say, that part of the outfit is the most heavily reinforced.

Still working on the utility belt. Smoke pellets and a few things like that. I'm working hard in BMA, but I know I'm not up to a stand-up fight with most of the other kids. So I'm going for stuff that's good for escape and evasion.

Thinking about a shoulderbag like some versions of Batgirl have. You just can't fit much stuff into those tiny belt compartments.

up
214 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

costume time!

interesting.

DogSig.png

Why not,?

Why not,?
L'eggs (TM) certainly crammed all sizes of pantyhose into their very tiny plastic "eggs'.

Moebius

In canon there is a gadgeteer named Moebius, who designs utility belts in the classic Batman style. The pockets on the belt have pocket dimensions inside them, so that the inside is larger than the outside. Ayla bought several and keeps an impressive array of stuff in the pockets. He also took over marketing the belts and dramatically raised the prices. But perhaps Normal could receive one as a hardship grant. Being normal, having a good utility belt would definatly be an asset.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Catwoman!

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Catwoman look, interesting connection there. While Female of course, so maybe I should say Batgirl, I am guessing she will have to be like Batman, as the classic example or archetype, and others from that universe, all tech and trained skills but no real super powers. Unless ........ of that is she activates.

Interesting concept. I was wondering, since I mainly only know the Super Heroes who have exploded beyond the comics medium, are there other no innate powers heroes out there?

Nice Story, I just noticed it and caught up(read them all at once). I hope it is not such a long time between chapters, in the future. I'd love to see where this goes.

*sends a burst of pixie dust for inspiration*
~Hypatia >i< ..:::
.

PS. Would be interesting to see something similar added to the X-Men Universe, a mutant with totally useless powers but identified as one and stuck living with all the rest of the consequence. Maybe an incomplete chameleon effect hair and skin take on the predominant surrounding colors but no where near enough to actually act as camouflage.
Note: Everyone feel free to borrow this idea for stories!

PPS. lol - My comment is as long as the chapter! *giggles*

There are lots of folks with

Brooke Erickson's picture

There are lots of folks with "useless" powers in the Whateley universe. I seem to recall someone with the power to turn things pink, for example.

There's even a group at the school for such. Known as the Underdogs. Though some of them have found out their powers aren't quite so useless.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Smart

Tas's picture

This girl is certainly a mutant to be blessed with such a developed power known widely as common sense. And wit. She's got a good bit of that too haha

-Tas