Felicia's Second Life Side Story #2

Printer-friendly version
Princess_Knight_Felicia.jpg


My name is Prince Hans The Great. I've always been great. Everything I want, I get. Whether it be by hook or by crook. Nobody makes a fool out of me and lives to tell the tale.

That was until I met a young lady by the name of Felicia Belphere Metrune. Purge be her evil existence!

Felicia's Second Life Side Story #2
The Prince's Forgotten Night

Corresponds to Chapter 8, Volume 1
By Shinieris

[Please take note that this story is told from Prince Hans's POV]

"Lady Felicia Belphere Metrune thanks Prince Hans, Lord of Lytis for granting me another audience," she said with a curtsey.

"Always a pleasure, Lady Metrune. Carlton, please give the lady a chair," I said to my loyal knight Carlton, who had been with me for the past 15 years.

Yes, he has been my knight since before I was born. He's probably 27 this year. Although he looks like a knight, he actually has the rank of a viscount, the second highest rank a person not of royal blood can attain.

"Thank you for your kind gesture, your highness," she said as she sat down.

Oh, I can see a little hint of legs.

What's with all the curtseying, though? Ever since I came to Lytis, every female had been curtseying to me the moment they met me. I guess it's true that the culture of River Country is more similar to Forlendia than to Surfes. If I had asked any of my sisters to curtsey to me, I'd get a bloody nose, every time.

"Kaito, please bring forward the gold."

Her three henchmen came forth carrying three chests full of gold. Despite that, this doesn't look enough. Or did I make a mistake?

"I'm sorry, your highness, I couldn't get enough money for the ransom. I only have 380 gold with me."

I see, yes, my memory is not wrong.

"I appreciate your honesty, my lady. Too bad, but this is still not enough," I said. I wonder how many gold I asked. Was it 400? 500?

She fidgeted, looking so pitiful. "I-I know, but surely we can work something out?"

Oh, please don't act like that. You're looking so irresistible right now.

"I can release both the baron and your brother. As for the others, you will have to choose who to bring home."

I'll have to ask Carlton how much money I actually asked her for the ransom later.

"Please, your highness. Is there another way? I can't choose who will live and who will die. Please don't force me to make that choice, your highness!"

Stop! Your begging is too seductive! Good ancestors, I need to get laid.

"Impossible! Unacceptable! I have already reduced the ransom amount greatly. You want me to reduce it even more? No, you will have to choose who to bring home. There shall be no more negotiation, unless..." I paused, as a wicked thought came to mind, but instead I said, "No!"

"What is it, your highness? Is there a way?"

Yes, but...

"You won't like it."

Unless you're a whore.

"How would you know I won't like it, your highness?"

"Well," 'because you're a lady' was what I wanted to say, but I took out something from the chest beside the throne instead and handed it to Carlton while saying, "Would you wear this, my lady?"

Please say yes. Please say yes!

She accepted the leather-wrapped package, opened it and took out a lacy silk teddy. The look of shock on that beautiful face was priceless! I had originally prepared this for my sister Rellina's wedding, but this feeling is much better. Pranking my sister can be done any day.

"I-I suppose I could wear it... for my husband. Is this a gift, your highness?"

You can take it if you'd wear it for me. Of course, I won't be your husband. I'm not going to settle for the first girl I bed.

"Yes, it's a gift, but I want you to come to my bedchamber tonight, wearing that."

It took her a few seconds to process my words, but when she finally understood what I said, her face went red as she started yelling some kind of insult.

"You pervert! Lolicon! Scum! Lecherous bastard! Dirty douchebag!"

Okay, I can understand pervert, scum, lecherous bastard and dirty. What does lolicon and douchebag supposed to mean, though?

Her henchmen started drawing their swords, which prompted my soldiers in the hall to move forward and raise their spears in my defense. Truly marvellous readiness and responsiveness. Carlton trained them well. What will I ever do without Carlton?

"It's funny. I hear you say something, but half of it is total gibberish, my lady. Is it safe to assume that those were all insults?"

It sounded like an insult. It'd be strange if those were praises instead.

"Damned right they were! You worthless excuse of a human being! No, not even human. You're dirt! Toilet dirt! I will market another brand of toilet paper with your name on it!"

Toilet paper? What is this? Is it something you use to clean the outhouse? Or some kind of announcement that you nail to the outhouse? Do Forlendians charge people for using the outhouse? Is that what it's for? An fee notice of 1 silver for pissing and 3 silver for taking a dump?

"Is that so? I don't know what this toilet paper is, but I'm pretty sure it's an incredibly offensive insult."

"Of course it's an insult, pervert! Everyone will know your name as that thing they use to wipe their butts with!"

I see, so in Forlendia they use 'toilet paper' in place of straw and leaves. I bet everyone in Forlendia have rough butts now. How can they wipe their butts with something so thick, hard and rough? Wouldn't that be like rubbing your butt on a piece of tree bark?

Well anyway, that did sound like a really bad insult. "I see. Carlton, execute everyone in the dungeon."

"Wait, you damned bastard! How can you just execute over 100 people just like that?"

Ohhh, this is what I've been waiting for. The shock, the anger, the terror. You are making me very excited with your expressions, my lady.

"They're your people, aren't they? You've just insulted me with what you've just admitted is the worst insult possible. My heart is very sensitive, I'm terribly hurt by your words. Carlton, please make sure they're executed by tea time. I'd really hate to wait."

Sensitive heart (lol). Me? Sensitive heart? I didn't even cry when my childhood friend was executed for attempting to spy on the crown.

"It will be done, your highness."

Good man, Carlton. Though I wonder if he understands that I wasn't really serious.

"Wait wait waaaaaaait!!!"

Oh, this is a new face. This is desperation, isn't it? I like this expression as well.

"Is there a problem, my lady?"

"Damned right there's a - uhum!" she forced herself to make the sweetest smile she could, "Hehe, it was a joke, your highness. Just a joke. Why are you being so serious?"

Is it okay to act like this? You're giving me a half smile and you're emitting an aura of hostility, my lady. You're not fooling anyone. But I must admit, this is adorable.

"A joke? Didn't sound like a joke to me." Because if this is a joke, then why are your eyes twitching?

"Oh you know us Forlendians. We joke all the time. That's how we greet each other. My father insulted me all the time. I insult my brother all the time. Everyone knows it was just a friendly banter. You shouldn't take it seriously, your highness. Hohohoho!"

I don't think that's true, but let's just pretend like I believe her.

"Is that so? So you don't mind wearing that and sleeping with me in my bedroom tonight?"

Let's try this again.

"That-"

"Carlton, tell the jailors to execute-"

"Waaaiiitttt! Yes yes, I look forward to sleeping with you tonight, your highness."

Perfect!

******

"Oahh..." I groaned while rubbing my head.

Looking around the bedroom, I tried to piece together what happened. The last thing I remembered was the lady entering the room. Then we got into an argument, the content of which I couldn't recall. In the end, we shared many goblets of wine and then... what?

What happened next?

Was I so drunk that I passed out shortly after?

Could it be I can't hold my alcohol?

That would be embarrassing. I hope nobody else hears of this.

"Your highness."

I looked at the partition that hid the door. "Oh, it's you, Carlton. What kind of wine did you choose for me? That was nasty!"

My head still hurts, Carlton.

"I'm not sure what you mean, your highness. That was a mild Elouene wine. You've drunk it before, your highness."

"That was Elouene?"

"Yes, I can't understand how you could've collapsed from that."

Elouene. The most mild wine, so mild that most adults consider it grape juice. A wine so mild that every kid in Rotenheim would claim to have drunk it at least once before they turn 10. I got drunk from that? Maybe I should stop drinking from now on.

"Where is she? Where's that lady? Did she wake up before me?"

"The lady of Metrune wasn't drunk. She left some hours ago."

"Even though we agreed to spend the night?"

"She left a letter for you, your highness. I left it on the table beside the bed."

A letter?

I turned to the table in question, discovering a letter placed next to a single chest. I picked up the letter and read it quietly.

Hi handsome. I hope this letter reaches you safely. I just want to say I really enjoyed tonight. You were really good. I'll never forget this night. I hope you won't forget me too. Goodbye and thank you for lowering the ransom to 200 gold.
 
Love, Felicia
 
p/s: Nobody actually calls you The Great.
 

"Wait, what's this about lowering the ransom to 200 gold?" I asked, while opening the chest on the table at the same time.

"You told me to release the prisoners for 200 gold, your highness."

"What?! I did no such thing!"

"You did, your highness. You were probably already drunk, but I heard it clearly, your highness."

"I wasn't drunk!"

"I stand corrected, your highness," Carlton said with a bow.

To think I negotiated in a drunken state, what was wrong with me? Wait, was there even a negotiation? I can't remember anything.

"I assume she took her father, brother and some of the Forlendians then. So how many left are still imprisoned?"

"None, your highness. We sent them all to the lady"

"What?!!! All Forlendians?"

“All of them, your highness. Not just Forlendians.”

“All? Even the political prisoners, the artists, the spies... all of them?”

"That was your instruction, your highness."

"I said release them all?"

"I did point it out to you, but you ordered me to release all of the prisoners. Naturally I assumed that you meant all of them instead of just prisoners from Forlendia... did I understand you wrong, your highness?"

I fell back onto the bed as I swore "I will never drink again!"

"Where is she now?"

"She has already left the castle, your highness."

"Send some soldiers. I want at least the spies back, Carlton."

"That may not be a wise move, your highness."

"Why not?"

"Duke Rafjar the Victorious took on her ship in battle without consulting either you or me, your highness."

"What? So uncle has her and the prisoners now? Damn! Negotiating THAT would be a pain!"

"No..."

"Something went wrong?"

"They escaped."

"Why didn't uncle chase her? He never lets his prey go."

"He had nothing left to chase with."

"Explain."

"The lady's ship sank 24 ships and the crew of the surviving two triremes resigned from the navy. They said the experience was too terrifying for them and they do not wish to see it again. If you wish, I can take you to the scene of the battle. Nothing much to see but debris, though."

"Wait wait, 24 - no, 26 ships? I thought uncle only has 14 triremes in his fleet right now? When did he bring home his Northern Sea Fleet?"

"The other 12 triremes were yours, your highness. They were Lytis's local patrol."

"My triremes? 12 triremes?"

"Yes, your highness. The chamberlain also asked about the toilet paper – your highness, are you alright?"

My vision blacked out as I again fell unconscious onto the bed.

 

 

*Thank you for reading. As usual, your comments are greatly appreciated. Please comment, your comments make me feel all fuzzy inside and motivates me greatly.
**Many thanks to awesome Eric for proofreading this chapter so quickly again.
***Sorry for the late post. Been busy with work and couldn't work on my writing much.

up
133 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh Wow!!!

And the biggest LOL!!!
It's so good, funny and love it to the core. I bet the prince will be looking to capture Felicia now. The best candidate for a Queen. Lol

lol

shiinaai's picture

Thanks a lot for your comment. Please look forward to more lols in the future. Please keep supporting me.

To hate Or to love.

You are welcome, big thanks to you too. I have been waiting for your Felicia story.
I just feel that as much as Prince Han would curse Felicia evil existence to hell, yet I think deep inside he know he is craving to have her perhap as his sadistic lover. Lol.
Thanks again.

Day

shiinaai's picture

Thanks please keep supporting me and look forward to the third sidestory.

Payback is hell, or so it is

Payback is hell, or so it is said Dear Prince Hans. Or at least it is in your life. Never, ever get Felicia angry at you, you WILL lose every time. :) :)

Payback

shiinaai's picture

Payback from Felicia will be harsh. I can guarantee it :P Please keep on supporting me.

more

zulu mack's picture

Shin I hope that will write more on Felicia I really enjoy all that you have written so far and hope that there is lots more to come

Felicia

shiinaai's picture

Thank you for your support. Yes, there will be lots more. For next week at least, I'll be posting the third side story. Please look forward to it.

fantastic side story

I laughed until Hans fell asleep.

Spies?! There were spies in the dungeon?

Will Felicia learn of them and be able to interview them? I expect she would learn things that would aid her politically and to get under Hans' skin.

Will the Hans toilet paper be embossed with his coat of arms?

Spies

shiinaai's picture

Yes, there were a few, but of course, they won't admit to being spies. Will Felicia get to use them later? Maybe, maybe not.

There won't be a Hans toilet paper in the future. Felicia has already settled the score with Hans so she's no longer angry. Vandalizing enemy properties is incredibly soothing. Pwning enemy fleet is very relaxing.

Thanks for your support, please keep on supporting me.

Penelope's 108 suitors

I take it the author of this comedy is unfamiliar with Greek mythology. As soon as news of Felicity's latest exploits become known, every noble family within a thousand leagues will be sending an emissary to her grandfather (the king) with an offer of marriage. Felicity will be old enough to be married off on her next birthday (in medieval times girls were often married at twelve (12)).

Another problem is that with over two hundred new retainers, a mercenary company (currently contracted to an enemy kingdom), and a fleet of ships, Felicity has become a potential threat to the king (and a very real threat to the Crown Prince). I am sure that some of the Kings retainers (especially after her treatment of the Kings emissaries) will regard Felicity as a threat to their lives.
The Crown Prince's retainers (hopefully not as incompetent as the Crown Prince) should fear that Felicity might replace the Clown Prince (pun intended). So there will be many toungues advising the king to get rid of the threat (by killing her or marrying her off to another kingdom).

Now that would be really funny...

I wonder what the author would think if someone called Lee were to write a story about a ship of strangers calling themselves Einlanders showing up and meeting Felicia???

Marriage, threats and getting rid

shiinaai's picture

All will happen in due time. I vaguely recall the story of Penelope, but I didn't base Felicia off the story of Penelope. All that I have written and will write will be based on what's logically and naturally going to happen. If a person is very powerful, it's of course natural to want to align yourself to that person. If a person is too powerful, it's of course natural to want to get rid of that person. Be assured that it will eventually happen naturally. Felicia's grandfather is the duke, though, not the king.

If you want to read a spoiler for Felicia's life in the future, look up one of my blog contents about the delay Felicia's Second Life. I wrote the spoiler in white font so that people didn't accidentally read it.

I'm not sure if I know of anyone named Lee. But if it's Einnlanders by a certain Lane, I don't mind if they want to meet Felicia. If they're there for an invasion though, Felicia will say, "Bring it on!"

The nymph story is put on hold for now until I can release this story. Despite having already mapped the story to its trilogy conclusion, I am neither in the proper mindset for it nor do I have time to release two stories at this time. The nymph story is a lot easier than my other stories, but I don't see it making money for me anytime soon, so I'm putting it on hold for now. It's great to know that someone still waits for it though, I promise I'll continue it once money is no longer an immediate issue.

Thanks a lot for supporting me.

Penelope, Lee, and Einlanders

Penelope was the wife of Odysseus (or Ulysses). After the fall of Troy, Ulysses took ten years to get home to his wife. During that time, Penelope was besieged by 108 suitors who tried to force her to marry one of them. She was able to outwit them until her husband came home and with his son, slew all of the suitors who had despoiled his palace. Felica seems to be even more clever than Penelope.

Lee is a (fictional) writer (in the series " Baddasses of the Multiverse" (here on Big Closet). In this series, (the fictional) Lee wrote a series of stories using famous characters from anime, manga, and movies. Unknown to (the fictional) Lee, his stories affect the characters in his stories (where most of the male characters are involuntarily transformed into women). When the characters figure out that Lee is responsible for their transformations, these pissed off women go after Lee to exact REVENGE.

In "Somewhere Else Entirely" and "Julia of Blackstone", Garia doesn't give any indication that Anmar is smaller than Earth. Therefore, there should be another continent out there. Although your series has a different premise (reincarnation vs. "wormhole aliens") than Penny's and Julia's series, they would fit together smoothly. A voyage by the Einlanders would be an easy way to merge the two (2) worlds.

I find the Einlanders to be very appealing (think Richard Widmark and Rhonda Flemming)... Unfortunately, there doesn't seem much room for them unless there is a voyage of discovery (Saga of the Einlanders).

I like multi-chapter stories, but I get really annoyed when I invest my time reading a series only to see it just disappear (unfinished). Which is why I asked my question about the water nymph. I was relieved to read that were planning to complete the series.

Am enjoying this series

Am enjoying this series greatly!!

alissa

"also asked about the toilet paper"

WillowD's picture

I am so giggling right now. This book was awesome. I am looking forward to reading your other stories.

Hahahaha!

This side story will never get old to me. Wish this part was longer but what can be told if Hans already fainted. hahhaha!