Did you hear?

Printer-friendly version

Did you hear?

Authors note: my quote key is not working. Sorry.

Hey Conner, did you hear about Matt?

No, whats up?

She might be coming out of the closet.

No way. Really?

Her sister Mary said her parents found Matt's girl stash. There is gonna be a family meeting about it after church Sunday.

Geez, I hope it goes well for her.

Well, Mary thinks it will. Matt being a girl isn't a shock to her folks.

Can't see how it could be. She might as well be wearing a sign that says girl on it.

If Matt makes the leap, you think she will come to school as herself?

Would make sense to, but I could understand her being scared.

How well would it go over, you think?

Well, I am pretty sure the other football players would have her back. I mean, girl or not, she is a dam fine wide receiver.

You think she will still play?

Well, why not?

From what I've read, many girls like her feel like they have to be super girly girls, or the powers that be wont consider her a serious candidate for transition.

That kind of sucks. I mean lots of girls are tomboys, what's wrong with her being one?

Its just the stereotypes, I guess. But I think most of the girls would accept her.

Yeah, and she is such a nice person, I cant imagine too many haters.

Well, if you find out how things went, let me know.

You got it. Here is hoping for the best. She deserves happiness. And maybe even a boyfriend, if she wants one.

You never know there might be someone interested if she was interested.

You ?

Well, she pretty cool to be around, we might have fun on a date ... you know, if she wanted one.

You gonna ask her, if she starts going to school in girl mode?

Might wait a bit, dont want to overload her right off the top. But maybe ...

(giggles) I think you two would make a cute couple. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Sounds good.

Later. Anyway, I better get going. See you Monday.

See you.

End

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A cute little story...

... even with out any quotes.

Dottie I just finished work and got here to read and saw your little story. Curious as I am, I I read it... and even as it was kinda hard to read without any quotes it was well written so one could follow the conversation.
It made me smile reading that dialog.

Thanks for this pearl

--
>> There is not one single truth out there. <<

thanks, Saphira

Its frustrating to be without the quote button. I am glad you could follow the story anyway.

DogSig.png

A couple of workarounds. If

Brooke Erickson's picture

A couple of workarounds. If you are using a PC, hold down the Alt key, then type 34 on the keypad.

For a story, where you have a decent editor, use some character you wouldn't normally use (say |) Then when you are done, you can use search and replace (and the alt-34 trick) to change all of the | to "

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

You're welcome

Brooke Erickson's picture

I have long experience both working with dodgy keyboards and needing to enter weird characters. That's why I have several spare keyboards around (from machines that died or from upgrading to better keyboards.

Silly note. One of the spares was used so much that there are *hollows* in some of the keycaps, and an actual *hole* worn into the enter key (long fingernails).

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Your personal story form

LCS (Little Cute Story). And sure no quotes needed. Thank you for posting.

Love it, and it was so very

Love it, and it was so very nice to see she already had friends standing by her and willing to be by her if necessary. How very cool that is.

Delightful

Don't we all wish we had friends like that at the important time. I love the ambiguity of identity for the two dialog voices; male, female, or trans all would make sense.

Hiker_JPG_1.jpg

thanks, Torrey

appreciate the comment !

DogSig.png