The Lyssa Kordenay Missions - Book 36 - Transitions

Printer-friendly version

 

Transitions cover.PNG
Book 36 of The Lyssa Kordenay Missions!
  The recruits are in training
 but an old problem thought
  once solved has reared its deadly head.
 

WARNING: The Lyssa Kordenay Missions may be hyper-violent for some readers!

 

 


 

Transitions

 
 
 

CHAPTER 1

Shawna dragged herself out of the surf gasping for breath as she followed Tiffany onto the beach followed by Krystel. Lyssa in the lead, as always, as they ran down the side of the runway to protect their bare feet from the concrete. She'd increased their distances by a mile again. every week it was another mile. They'd been on the private island for almost six months and they'd already adjusted to the hormonal replacement regime. For three weeks they'd all broken down sobbing at various points daily as their moods swung radically. PT six days of the week followed by their skill training.

Monday mornings on the ranges with Lyssa, Rodrick and Pete, afternoons in computer class with Kimberly. Tuesday morning was Rotorcraft with LoneStar and afternoon ballroom dance with Lyssa in the home studio. Wednesday morning site penetration with Lyssa and in the afternoon was
fixed wing with Rodrick and Pete. Thursday morning was surveillance with Kimberly, afternoon was maritime ops with Rodrick. Friday morning was
hand to hand with Lyssa, afternoon was emergency field medicine with Carl. Saturday morning was assassination with Lyssa and afternoons was
international studies with Kimberly. saturday night a formal dinner or cocktail party at Lyssa and Rodrick's house. Every evening Tiffany had ballet class with Lyssa and they all had noon to 1:30 p.m. for lunch and beach-time.

Sunday was their only day free but were encouraged to experiment with make-up, wardrobe and cooking. They realized after the third visit by one of
the others that they were being observed. As if it were learn on your own course because either Lyssa or Kimberly would show up in the evening and 'offer tips and pointers' or one of the men would come by in the early afternoon with a contribution from a fishing or dive excursion.

Tiffany was the only one keeping up with the training schedule, due to her time in Rangers and Special Forces had been through strenuous training schedules before so she was accustomed to the demands. All three quickly came to the conclusion that they essentially were back in Boot camp and Advanced Individual Training, AIT, all over again. they were also to weekly follow a strict menu with the exception on sunday.

The end of the first month revealed why. They lost body mass. High physical condition without the male bulkiness. The hormonal regime redistributed body fat into more feminine locations making them develop their desired curvature.

Monday would start a different training schedule. all classes with Lyssa and Rodrick would be switched to some variation substituted by LoneStar, Pete, Eddie and Carl, who was a part-time diving instructor in Nassau, a sailboat enthusiast and had even been on the winning crew of a previous
America's Cup race as well as load-master on the cargo aircraft. LoneStar had been stationed close to Seattle for a while and learned a very vicious street-fighting style that Lyssa also incorporated into her fighting style. Pete boxed at almost professional ranks both before and while he had still been in the Marine Corps.

Eddie and Carl also re-educated them on their bar/night club etiquette and very quickly found themselves employing the same tactics used by women all over the world; from back-water dives in South America and Indonesia to posh VIP clubs along the Mediterranean and Caribbean. From how to instigate a fight between two stevedores to finessing tab information out of bartenders and where to find smugglers of both ends of the spectrum.

Eddie and Carl reminded them that though they would have superior fighting skills that its best not to reveal them unless as a last resort. Getting a guy to take up for them not only was strategically sound but also a good tactical decision as it could cover an escape from both overly friendly and downright hostile pursuits.

Lyssa and Rodrick's return from her European commitments marked an all new level. She became more vicious in their PT but also suspended regular classes to update their knowledge of current fashion and how the latest trends did and did not affect them. Lyssa also re-emphasized the distinction between fad and style. She also had the latest upper-echelon gossip of who was really who and what they were doing, where and how that information could be exploited for strategic advantage when operational. When she found out about the specialized training Eddie and Carl had instructed them in she found it amusing, though with much merit; two days later resumed the training schedule.

 

~o~O~o~

 

"Good god has it really been six months already," Krystel asked as they lay on the beach during their sunday break.

"Look at your boobs girl, they prove it,"Tiffany replied.

They all giggled at that. The training schedule had been changed to now having social instruction instead of ballroom dance lessons. Social instruction comprised of vocal and body language retraining as well as how to make intentional mistakes and appear charming for it. The saturday night party now included dancing and they each took turns at planning and hostessing it. They were evolving on many fronts and had definitely shown that change in their attitudes as well.

As of late they had begun a theme day during the week also and trying very hard to improvise certain looks with their wardrobe and make-up.That bit of inventiveness had been applauded by Lyssa and Kimberly. They even participated in the exercise as well. The rules for theme day were simple; 24 hours previous notice and nothing that required more than 4 hours of prep-time. Krystel had taken a monday and dubbed it Bond Day.

Pete and Rodrick, amused by it, taught the ranges in tuxedos while Lyssa wore an evening dress. Carl had gotten in on the act and found a way to
blare the Bond theme song over speakers in the killhouse.

"I heard Pete tell Kimberly that Madison was jealous she couldn't be here for Shawna's Charlie's Angels day," Tiffany commented.

"How much you want to bet that if we ever do it again they'll find a way to have the Major call in first thing in the morning and say good morning to us," Shawna asked.

"No bet. Too obvious. He'd do it," Krystel answered, "he already jumped on Tiff's Mission Impossible day."

Tiffany quickly said, "hey that was cool for them to come up with that for our training. A mock mission was a blast."

Shawna turned over to sun her back, "you know that it was based off of one of Lyssa's missions right?"

Krystel turned as well, "no way."

"Monte Carlo. Kimberly told me," Shawna answered.

Krystel asked, "did you see that we're going to be doing interrogation training as well now."

"Yeah, but our class will be more advanced than yours because you have to take computer forensics. Its Lyssa and Rodrick teaching the advanced
interrogation. Kimberly doesn't do interrogation at all," Tiffany replied.

"Advanced how," Krystel asked.

Shawna answered, "well its more psychological but just to let you know our class will include chemical agents and information extraction. Tiffany will
be more apt to using that than I will."

"ok those terms are masking what you really mean Shawna," Krystel said warily.

Tiffany responded after a few moments, "candy-coating aside; torture techniques Kryssie. What I'll be doing is illegal in every aspect to begin with
but nobody will know about me. Shawna on the other hand will be in front of cops and agents and all those guys so she has to work within the law most of the time. I don't."

Krystel thought about it for a few minutes then asked, "is that why you had an advanced assassination class and Shawna had crime scene forensics?"

Tiffany said softly, "mhmmm. And that's also why Shawna had criminal psychological pathology and neither of us did. We get a new language this week too. Hi warlock."

Krystel looked up quickly and saw the black belgian shepherd investigating them and she froze. It didn't take long to learn that Krystel was uneasy
around dogs. Especially Warlock since he was a tactical dog. She kept absolutely still as he sniffed around her blanket then relaxed after he wandered off.

"Krystel you're going to have to get over the dog thing. Lyssa and Kimberly both will expect you to be able to command Warlock if neither are here and he is," Shawna reminded her.

"Dogs scare me. I got bit once when i was little," Krystel reminded them both.

Tiffany looked over, "Warlock won't hurt you. Speak with authority and he'll obey."

Tiffany couldn't see Krystel scowl but did hear her mutter,"easier said than done."

 


 

CHAPTER 2

Madison felt down and gripped the pistol inside her purse as the nervous looking man cautiously stepped out of the elevator. He looked vaguely
familiar.

"Welcome to Global Interactions. How may I help you Sir," Madison asked.

"I need Dannigan," he whispered.

"I don't an appointment for you Sir," Madison said warily.

He glanced around, "Senator Jason Wesley and I need to see Dannigan. The CIA is trying to kill me."

"I'm sorry Senator but I don't have an appointment for you," Madison said.

"Its ok Madison," Dannigan interrupted, "I'll see the Senator."

Wesley all but ran into Dannigan's office. Dannigan closed the door then sat behind his desk. Wesley didn't see him press a small button at the right side of the edge.

"Do you have a SCIF here we could talk in," the Senator asked.

"This is a SCIF and it just killed the transmissions coming from the bug in your right shoe," Dannigan said and turned the computer screen around to
show it.

The look of horror on Wesley's face telegraphed loud and clear he had no idea it was there. Dannigan wasn't about to tell him that actually the bug had been killed in the elevator.

"So why would the CIA want you dead Senator," Dannigan asked in a bored tone.

"Well I currently sit on the..." Wesley began.

"The house armed services committee. The Intelligence Oversight Committee. The Senatorial Internal Investigation committee and the Federal Agency Oversight Committee, Justice and you're a member of the local Rotary and Lion's Club. yeah yeah yeah. The point Senator, I'm busy and you aren't helping," Dannigan cut him off then looked intently at him.

"They want me to get The Savage out of the Vault," Senator Wesley finally said.

"After everything the CIA did to catch him and put him in there," Dannigan asked in disbelief.

"You don't know the half of it," Wesley muttered.

"Sorry Senator. I do know. I know all about it. I actually knew Savage, before he went bat-shit crazy," Dannigan corrected him.

"I found a suicide note in my email. My suicide note," Wesley stated sounding more frantic.

"Being that it seems to have upset you, I take it you are not wanting to commit suicide at this particular time Senator," Dannigan asked sarcastically.

"DAMN IT I CAME TO YOU FOR HELP," Wesley yelled.

"The CIA doesn't want Savage out anymore than you or I do. The question:who does," Dannigan stated.

"Brad Kerrigy; CIA,"Wesley prompted.

"No way. Not Kerrigy," Dannigan said hotly.

"I'm telling you it is," Wesley stated.

"How the hell does a man I put two bullets in the chest of do that Senator? HOW,"Dannigan demanded.

"I'm telling you its him. He's CIA and wants the Savage," Wesley insisted.

Dannigan snatched up the phone and dialed Langley.

"Extension 452," a cool female voice answered on the second ring.

"Put me through to Decosta. Now," Dannigan said in a growl as he typed on his terminal.

"I'm sorry but there is no Decosta...." she began.

"MaryMargaret Jolson-Winters. West fourth floor, door 712. You live at 1696 Oakmont Dr. Virginia plate AXT-387 on a 2012 nissan sentra, blue. Your son Dex is currently failing algebra; for the second time and your daughter Haley is currently skipping school for the tenth time in the past two months. Now put me through," Dannigan said coldly.

Dannigan heard the receiver taken, "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!"

"Decosta you lying sonofabitch. It's ScorchedSky,"Dannigan seethed over the line.

"Fuck me. Paul Dannigan," Arlan Decosta murmurred.

Dannigan growled, "It is and you definitely are! How dare you not tell me Kerrigy is not only alive but running around loose working for you assholes!"

"Hey! Fuckin' whoa! Waitafuckinminute! Kerrigy? As in Brad Kerrigy? As in 'I saw you put two bullets in his chest in front of God and everybody in the Pentagon nine years ago' Brad fucking Kerrigy," Decosta asked.

"Yeah. That one," Dannigan said flatly.

"Ut-uh. No way. I saw you give him the double-tap myself and read the autopsy. Hell I even signed off on it Paul. He's in a deep hole," Decosta insisted.

Dannigan paused then said slowly, "well I have a terrified Senator that says otherwise."

Decosta mulled that over then said, "this requires discussion."

The dial tone hummed in Dannigan's ear.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Two hours later a man roughly the same age as Dannigan walked in. Decosta sat in the other chair opposite the desk when Dannigan pointed at it.

Dannigan said clearly, "Park it. We're gonna fucking talk."

 

~o~O~o~

 

Lyssa came into the hangar and saw Rodrick zipping up his g-suit.

"Mmmm. You don't put on that to go gallivanting around," she purred stepping closer.

"Paul wants me to go pick up somebody and bring them back here. told me to tell you we're on 'war time footing',"Rodrick replied.

Lyssa lost all pretense then.

"We're blown," she asked.

"I dunno but he called not messaged," Rodrick answered.

Outside the Tomcat fighter could be heard starting up.

Lyssa's eyes caught a harsh glint, "how bad is this?"

Rodrick looked into her steel grey eyes, "I haven't heard Paul in that tone since the fight we had in his office about you. He's beyond pissed off. If I had to venture a guess; some other agency royally screwed up and he got stuck with the clean-up."

Rodrick kissed Lyssa then walked out to climb the ladder into the cockpit.

One last look to her then he closed the canopy and turned out. Moments later the fighter roared off the runway heading north.

 

~o~O~o~

 

After passing over Key West he air refueled and pushed the throttle forward accelerating to supersonic as he stayed several miles out in international airspace. He refueled again off the coast of South Carolina then finally brought inland off the coast of Virginia and put in at Anacostia Naval Air Station. Dannigan waited on the tarmac and when a ladder was propped on the side of the jet he climbed up to talk to Rodrick while he was refueled again.

"Senator Jason Wesley. Take him back with you and keep him safe. Gonna be a real job because there's a guy I killed after him," Dannigan instructed.

"No zombies allowed on my island Paul," Rodrick commented.

"We both wish. You never heard of Brad Kerrigy but he's worse than Randall Kagan so don't play around," Dannigan warned.

Rodrick's expression turned stoney, "We got this."

Dannigan nodded then climbed down. The ground-man gave Rodrick the thumbs up and saluted.

Rodrick returned the salute and closed the canopy, "All strapped in back there?"

After a moment of fumbling Wesley answered, "uh. ye-yeah. I mean...roger."

"Yes and no works just fine Senator. Try to relax and enjoy the flight," Rodrick said.

Within minutes they were heading south along the same path going supersonic.

 


 

CHAPTER 3

Brad Kerrigy looked at the weasel looking man and asked again, "What do you mean the bug went dead?"

Squirming he replied, "Wesley went into the building and two minutes later the bug went dead. I tried to laser mic the windows but two floors went static. Three hours later he left driven by a big guy in a suit to Anacostia. The big guy left alone an hour later. During the time there. Two C-130's, three C-17's, a C-5 and various fighters came and went."

"what kind of fighters," Kerrigy asked pointedly.

"a bunch of F-18's and one Tomcat," he answered, "the hornets went west and the tomcat went southeast."

Kerrigy looked on his laptop for any aircraft carriers cruising off the coast and saw that only one was but it was north not south or east. A few calls got him the flight plan; south to Key West. A call to an old Coast Guard contact revealed that the plane actually by-passed Key West and continued south to the Bahamas and landed somewhere on an island. The contact said also that rumor had it an ex-SEAL ran a charter service somewhere in the island chain.

A few more calls got him the name. Rodrick Mason. Mason owned an island in the chain and ran a questionable charter service. Also recently married to a ballerina and model. She'd be the weak link. Once he had control of her he'd control the man and then the Senator. Within six hours he and his team had a stolen seaplane and were headed for the Bahamas.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Kimberly stood in front of the plasma screen, "Brad Kerrigy; until recently thought to be deceased. CIA combat specialist. Trained with Delta and DEVGRU SEALS and can hijack anything from a single engine Cessna to a Los Angeles class attack sub. His team is comprised of six miscellaneous types. All dishonorably discharged from various services including Special Forces, Force Recon Marines and possibly one SEAL, maybe two."

"Jesus...its like a bad guy version of us," Krystel commented.

"That's one way to look at it," Rodrick replied.

"We're in for the fight of our lives ladies. That's a fact. This guy and his bunch are seriously bad fucking news," Lyssa said.

"Kill on sight orders," Tiffany asked.

Rodrick answered," absolutely. Kimberly hacked the FAA and got a flight plan for a seaplane headed into our general vicinity so it doesn't get anymore obvious that they're coming here and bringing anything that kills with 'em. The hangars are hardened so they'll need 500 hundred pound
bombs to crack them. We want them away from the hangars though so we'll give them plenty of reason to be on the other side of the island in the bush."

"ETA on the bad guys," Shawna asked.

"Five hours tops," Kimberly answered.

Lyssa went over the plans and told them all to report to the main hangar in ten minutes.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Tiffany lay still watching the surf come in from her sniper's nest. The polarized lenses of her scope allowing her to see deep into the water. Night
had fallen and the moonlight gave her good visibility. She finally noticed an off-shape in the water moving against the cross the current. She knew it to be running parallel the beach and clicked her mic twice; enemy detected.

Slowly she scanned back and forth looking for more. There weren't, it was a ruse. A decoy. A lone figure came out of the water slowly. He radioed in. That was her clue, calling back that he'd not been engaged. That would signal others to follow or to proceed inland from another point. Krystel on the other was monitoring all signals and would lock onto that frequency and eavesdrop from then on. Tiffany also knew that LoneStar would be vectoring in one of the drones now.

Moments later, sand burst up around the lone swimmer and he dropped. The gun-run from the drone had done its job. The drone attack protected her position keeping her concealed. Another two clicks came over the comms. Somebody else had sighted the enemy. Soon four more double clicks followed.

A male voice made the quick statement,"green 2."

It was Pete. Swimmers coming ashore on the northeastern shore. Tiffany resisted the urge to jump up and run to that area. Lyssa's orders were specific; stay in position until ordered out. She realized why a two minutes later. Six more swimmers came ashore in front of her so

Quickly she called it in, "six swimmers white 11."

Rodrick called out, "Shawna to Tiffany with Lyssa. Carl and me to Pete. Find that fucking transport high guard."

LoneStar's cold voice came back, "searching. Buzzard 1 orbiting northwest, Buzzard 2 extending orbit north."

Tiffany didn't move when she heard Lyssa's whisper, "on your six."

She wasn't alone, Tiffany heard Warlock's soft growl.

As the team waded out of the surf slowly Krystel's voice came up, "I got 'em. main force: northwest. Backup on northeast. Deploy accordingly."

"Eddie to northeast. I'll proceed northwest," Rodrick answered.

Moments later auto-fire erupted from the northeastern area as Rodrick slipped into the northwest firing line.

"We're engaged! HOOORAAAAAH," Pete called out.

Lysa took the left end of the line and Rodrick the right; putting Shawna and Tiffany in the center.

"Sweep forward," Lyssa instructed, "I want Kerrigy alive."

Slowly they slithered and stalked through the underbrush moving forward toward the men moving inland from the surf.

"Target acquisition," Shawna whispered.

"Same," Tiffany whispered.

"Clear us to fire," Rodrick called out softly, "I have primary in sights."

"Cut'em to ribbons," Lyssa ordered.

The short assault rifles roared as they triggered off the concentrated bursts of fire.

Lyssa called out over their comms, "Shawna and Tiff, close ranks right. RamRod tighten the gap forward. High Guard gun-run between opposing
force and the waterline."

Rodrick then noticed that Lyssa was firing single shots and they were wider of the mark. From his own training he knew what was happening, Kerrigy and his SEALs would notice that and perceive weakness in the ambush and focus their attack to punch through the line of fire. Lyssa was luring them to her. True to form; that's exactly what happened. Exactly the way she wanted, those fools. They now belonged to her.

 

~o~O~o~

 

CHAPTER 4

Brad took note of the close-ordering of fire, sweeping to their left and circling around when a line of bullets tore into the sand behind them. Single, erratic shots were coming from his right. that was the weak point of the ambush. SEALs never retreat; they counter-attack.

"Focus half-right and push forward," he called out to his men and led the modified charge.

"Biggest motherfuckin' mistake putting the scare-dy cat on the flank," he growled and began emptying a fresh magazine into that area.

Slowly they pushed forward. The firing never stopped, corrected or moved for cover. Finally they realized why. An assault rifle strapped to a sapling
and a string pulled the trigger. Suddenly a dark blur leaped up, snarling and took down one of his men.

"DOG," one yelled out.

Before he could say anything else a single shot rang out and his head exploded. Another man began trying to turn back toward the water and immediately went down screaming after a crashing sound was heard.

"OH FUCK ME! TRIPWIRE," another bellowed.

Another snap was heard then an explosion and another man screamed. Something hard thwacked the side of Brad Kerrigy's head and he stumbled
then fell over stunned. He tried to sit up and find a target to shoot at but a moment later pain flared through his head from the base of his skull and all
went dark. The last thing he heard was one of his men yelling out.

"Surrender! I SURRENDER! OH FUCK!!!!!"

The scream was cut short then he heard nothing else as the dark claimed him.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Senator Wesley sat in the uncomfortable chair in the corner of the room as the source of his terror, Brad Kerrigy slowly came to his senses in the chair in the center of the small shack. Another of his men hung limply from a large stick hanging from the ceiling. Kerrigy raised his eyes and saw the Senator squirming in the chair across from him.

"You caught me. whoopee-shit. Never hold me gutless-shit," Kerrigy smirked.

The Senator looked down to the floor.

"Nothin' ta say cock-breath," he asked with a smirk.

"He doesn't get to talk," A large man walked in flanked by three women.

"Must be Mason and honeys," Kerrigy scoffed.

"We'll start with his flunky," the impressive blonde stated.

The brunette and another blonde stood by the wall and watched as did Kerrigy and the Senator. The woman took out a zippered case and opened it, revealing three ampules and syringes. Carefully she withdrew some of the clear liquid into the syringe, held the hanging man's head still and injected his neck.

"The serum takes effect in moments. You can tell by watching his eyes. Like now. See," she asked directing the question to the other women.

"What is this? show and tell night," Kerrigy asked sarcastically.

"first comes the feeling of heat. He feels his body burning. In a minute the burning fades and he feels coldness. Now. This when you may begin," She stated as if teaching a class.

Rodrick stepped forward and slammed a punch to the man's face then gut.

"You assholes think fuckin' him up is gonna do somethin' for me," Kerrigy asked chuckling.

The man looked up at Rodrick then shook his head and looked again.

Immediately he started muttering, "Not real. just a man. just a man."

"This is the effects of Innana. Reality is no longer his world. He now lives in a Hell, and we are the demons that rule it,"Lyssa explained in a quiet voice.

Kerrigy heard her words and shut up immediately. He'd heard the rumors of the chemical interrogation drug. He'd also heard that a certain person that used it never failed to extract every bit of viable and critical information, He now knew he was in the room with that mysterious operative. Lyssa stepped forward and pulled the Marauder from the back of her thigh and began cutting through the subject's clothing top remove it.

"Welcome to Forever my toy," she whispered.

The man whimpered as she then traced the blade tip into the skin of the back side of his arm. Holding the skin against the flat of the blade with her
thumb she quickly yanked down, a strip of flesh and skin ripping away. At the trailing edge of the man's scream Lyssa looked at each person until their eyes met her own.

Lyssa said coldly," Not a single one of you are to look away. That includes you Senator Jason Alexander Wesley. Mark well Bradley Isaac Kerrigy. This; is your future. Past the gates; before the throne. I've been to Hell, I'm taking you back with me."

For three hours she methodically skinned the man alive. It took only five minutes to make the Senator vomit, another ten and he fainted. Kerrigy stared straight ahead at the wall the whole time. His man had given them everything he knew within the first ten minutes. Kerrigy had nothing to
bargain with, even if a bargain could be struck. He knew that his only purpose now was to be nothing more than a practical exam for the woman's
two students. A woman that was infinitely more sadistic than anyone he'd ever heard of not being permanently locked in an institution or dead already.

Finally Lyssa sliced through the carotid artery of the mangled man making him bleed to death. Someone hit Kerrigy on the back of the head making
him blackout. When he regained his senses he found himself suspended and facing the two women. He closed his eyes and prayed they would bore quickly as one injected his neck. Two minutes later he saw the demons coming. Seconds later he began the first of his screams.

 

~o~O~o~

 

"Where is everybody," Krystel asked Pete.

"LoneStar's doing post-flight on the drones with Eddie. Carl is going over everything we found on them and getting the boat ready. Kimberly's
reporting in to the super-spook and you and me are talking about it," Pete answered.

Krystel waited a moment then asked, "What about Lyssa, Rodrick, Tiff and Shawna? And that Senator? Where are they?"

Pete shook his head.

"They're interrogating aren't they," she asked him.

Pete shook his head, "I know what you're thinking. Don't go out there. The last thing you want to do is go out there. Trust me on this. What's going on right now, you don't want no part of. You aren't like them, it'll fuck you up. Bad."

"I've seen forced interrogations before," Krystel said.

"Kimberly had to do what they're doing. Once," Pete explained, "it fucked her up. She still has problems. its not as bad now, but she'll never be the same again."

Krystel turned and walked away and within ten steps came face to face with Warlock sitting down at the hangar door.

"Will you please move, I want to go inside," she asked in german.

Warlock sat still looking at her.

"Please Warlock. I want to go in," she asked again.

The belgian shepherd ignored her statement.

"Go find somebody," she told him but he only stared at her silently.

Anger slowly crept into her trying to nudge her fear aside.

"I don't like dogs, go away," she said hotly.

Warlock looked up at her face then paying attention to her.

"Go Home," She said angrily in german finally.

Warlock stood and began trotting away toward Lyssa and Rodrick's house.

Pent up breath blew out of Krystel and she started to walk inside when an icy voice came from behind her.

"Well done," LoneStar commented.

She spun and faced the helmeted figure of LoneStar.

"Warlock understood the command well enough but what made him respond was your tone," he explained," Warlock actually doesn't understand
he's a dog. He does know he's a soldier, and like any soldier he obeys an order from a superior authority. Treat him like that, a subordinate. Not an
animal."

Krystel looked around, "I'm scared of dogs, Sir."

LoneStar stepped closer to be heard better, "we know that. All of us, each and every single one, are afraid of something. Let anger push that fear aside in order to do your job. Its what we all do, you should be no exception. You can be a snail that hides in her shell or you can be a dolphin that swims free. Your choice Evanson."

With that LoneStar turned and walked back toward the hangar housing the drones. As Krystel walked inside she wondered, what on earth did LoneStar fear.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Later that day Rodrick and Pete were escorting the Senator onto the Gulfstream and flying him back to Washington. He looked as if he'd witnessed Hell on earth as he stumbled up the stairs into the jet. Carl had went out on the boat, he returned later and nodded to Lyssa. the unspoken question of body disposal was answered. The seaplane had been destroyed by a missile from a drone. No traces of the hostile incursion remained.

Lyssa gave the trainees the next day off but resumed the schedule the following day as if nothing had happened. Tiffany and Shawna somehow found just a little bit more effort to give her and pushed their training even harder though every now and then Krystel would see them staring into space or trading a knowing nod to each other. Neither would tell her what went on in the shack.

 

~o~O~o~

 

Dannigan stared at the Senator, "Enjoy your sojourn to the Caribbean Senator?"

Wesley looked back to him with horror filled eyes and tried to speak but no words came forth.

"Sometimes secrets are meant to be kept,"Dannigan commented.

Still not able to form words Wesley simply nodded.

Dannigan's face held no humor, "Normally this is the part where I'd comment about wanting a budget increase, but I'm far from being in that mood. Pass along this message to the CIA, Get their collective shit together. I will not continue to keep cleaning up their messes."

Wesley nodded.

"That'll be all Senator. I don't think I need to remind you that what you now know is to be kept confidential under penalty of death. Or worse," Dannigan commented.

Wesley shook his head then slowly stood and walked out. The Senator now understood there were things worse than death, had seen some of them. He wanted nothing to do with any of it. As far as he was concerned the Office of Immediate Covert Action only existed on paper and their budget was untouchable. He prayed he'd never cross paths with Major Paul Dannigan or his people ever again. They could do whatever they wanted as long as it was far away from him.
 
 
 
 

Lyssa Kordenay returns in Touch me not; Forget

Me Not!!

up
511 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good chapter

I like it more now that you have the whole gang involved. So many personalities, but one mission and goal. The trainees are coming along nicely, soon Lyssa has help if needed. As usual an excellent job of writing.
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Moonlight?

I thought the traditional attack time is when there is a new moon?

Gorie Chapter

Another gorie chapter for the whole gang "putting out brush fires" and "trash collection/disposal". The senator witnessed stuff nightmares are made of.

Time, experience and practice make for a better operative. Given that there are other people involved, nothing will ever be perfect. .

Great story as usual Snowfall. You're an excellent story teller.

Joanna

There truly are somethings that it's better not to know.

D. Eden's picture

I see it every day at work, or shopping, or in the eyes of the girl who runs the cash register at the restaurant where I ate dinner tonight. I see it all around me each and every day.

The innocence. It's like a glow in their eyes, eyes that have never been haunted by the sights that I have seen. Eyes that will never know what it's like to see your assailant drop like a doll with all of the stuffing removed. Eyes that will never share the anguish of having a friend bleed out in your arms because the dust off was just that little bit too slow. Eyes that will never see the light in another's eyes slowly extinguished at your own hands.

And when I see that look of innocence, that bright sparkle of joy and happiness, then I know that I have done my duty. I know that they will never need to see the things I have seen because I and many others like me stood there between them and the evil that would defeat them. I take pride in the fact that my nightmares and demons will never get to them - because I will not let them.

As George Orwell so eloquently put it, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." I will never have his turn of a phrase, but I have stood watch on that wall, and I would gladly do so again if called.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

And for every rough man

There are the geeks who develop the tools used by them to do their job. The defense industry aint pretty but things would be uglier without the technological edge modern soldiery requires.

We may not agree on politics but know that the work makes the mission possible.

kudos kudos kudos

Really good chapters. Its getting better.

Weak link

Jamie Lee's picture

So the model was the weak link? Experience proved that to be an ignorant assumption.

This is another well written, and intense, chapter.

Others have feelings too.

Yeah, I started laughing when

Brooke Erickson's picture

Yeah, I started laughing when I read that bit.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

lessons applied to RL (in story)

Didn't Lyssa, Carl, and Eddie teach the girls to take advantage of being underestimated? At times even play up being weak or a bit of an air head?

Didn't Lyssa put the lesson into practice with the AR-15 tied to a sapling?