Fraternal Twins

Printer-friendly version

Bru: So you are afraid that your son may be transgendered? So what, your child will still be the same person, only happier if you accept and support her.

Friend: Are you sure?

Bru: Sure, nearly 20 years ago some other friends of mine had twins. Fraternal twins, a girl and a boy. According to gender stereotyping the boy should be a great athlete like the father and the other artistic, sensitive and dance ballet and so on like their mother. Well, it sort of turned out that way.

When the twins were 13 they faced a similar situation as you do now when their child came out as transgendered. Of course it upset my friends but they were wise and supported their child. Nothing really changed that much. They still drove their children to baseball practices and ballet classes respectively. Of course they attended all their children’s games and ballet recitals. They still went camping and one child loved it and the other one still went along just because it was a family thing. Now one of them just signed a contract with a minor league team and the other is on the way of becoming a clothes designer.

Guy butting in: I know who are. You are the one that writes those silly short stories with a twist at the end at BCTS and now you are going to tell us that it’s the baseball player that used to be the boy!

Bru: Not at all! It’s the future clothes designer and ballet-dancing boy that was born a girl.

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

good one

Nice twist of a twist, can safely say that it was not what I expected!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

In today's world

Bobbie Sue's picture

That was a very good twist. It was a delightful change of pace.

When a gender-neutral term is used...

Daphne Xu's picture

"...when their child came out as transgendered." That's typically a clue that the person referenced is going to be female when normally he would be male -- especially if one doesn't want to give it away. So one person is concerned about her son possibly being transgendered, and tells about his "child" who turned out transgendered...

-- Daphne Xu