Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 27

Printer-friendly version


Drew & the Half Term Break
by Sharp
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 27 East Morton Yorkshire.

Wilma came to see Gaby. “Can I borrow our archaeological team for a personal project?”

Gaby, “What is the Project?”

Wilma, “I have a cousin who lives 13 miles away on a farm. Part of the farm he owns outright the rest he leases from Yorkshire Water. Recently I noticed Yorkshire Water was selling the ownership of the land. This does not affect the leases it has still a long tine to go. What interested me was the reservoir & the standing stones that are included in the deal.”

Gaby's ears picked up. “Standing stones?”

Wilma, “They were originally called the nine sisters.”

Gaby, “Stop Wilma. Rather than you repeat yourself again I will convene a meeting now.” They all found themselves in the great Hall. “Wilma has just come with a rather interesting story so I will let her take the floor.”

Wilma, “I received a letter from my cousin who is a farmer. Concerning some land he has on a very long tenancy. Apparently the owners Yorkshire water want to sell the land. The sale includes a reservoir & the nine sisters & also a demolished paper mill. I had been looking at an old book & according to that there was also the mother stone close to the nine sisters. That apparently vanished about 120 years ago.”

Amanda, “This is too good a chance to miss I vote we buy the land immediately & carry our own archaeological survey out on what we have purchased.”

Wilma, “My cousin already owns all the surrounding land & he has tried previously to purchase the Great Allotment. He has been turned down on the previous occasion. If he buys it he will get it cheaper as a sitting tenant.” After much discussion it was decided to purchase the land.

Gaby, “First though Wilma I want a little chat with your cousin. Wilma gave the co-ordinates for the farm. Darcie, Maddy, Little Lily Wilma & Starr went to the ancient farmhouse that stood on the edge of Ilkley moor. Amanda was looking at the out buildings while the rest of the group went to explore the surrounding area.

Gaby, “I hope you don't mind but some of my partners have gone to explore.”

Richard, “The reservoir is over a mile long & nobody seems to know the actual depth of it. The sale of the land has come at the same time as the adjoining farm has also come up for sale. To get it I will have to mortgage this.”

Darcie, “We have a proposal for you. We are interested in these sites”. Pointing to a map. We would be willing to fund the purchase of your neighbour’s farm & the land you currently tenant. You merge your current farm with what we already own. You do not pay rent but we receive a proportion of the profits from the farm. In the event of your death there will be no death duty as your farm is owned by a company & you are a director of that company.”

Marion, Richard's wife, “So we just continue living here as if there was no change.”

Amanda knocked at the door, “I have seen all I need to. This was built at the same time as the castle in Skipton It looks like it could have been a grange or similar.”

Marion, “We have the original deeds if you are interested. Darcie & Amanda looked over the deeds.

Amanda, “It gives the location of the missing stone (The mother stone).

Richards’s eldest son William, “Oh that thing it is in the Great allotment I hit it with the plough last week.”

Gaby, “Do not destroy it. That is one of the reasons we are here to locate it & restore it to its correct position.”

Richard, “So you are more interested in the nine sisters than the farm land as such.”

Marion, “The nine sisters are a bit of a mess. People from Ilkley keep coming & dumping their rubbish there.”

Gaby. “We will be carrying a full Archaeological survey & dig. These are the areas that interest us.”

Richard, “Be careful on the great allotment. We keep turning bombs & land mines up each time we plough the land up there.”

Darcie produced the documents. Richard, Marion & their two sons all signed, as did Gaby for the company.

Gaby, “Richard I need you to keep away from the sale of the farm. Wilma & Starr can go & bid. We need to go to the offices of Yorkshire water in Leeds.”

Richard found himself accompanying Gaby, Maddy, Darcie & Little Lilly to the offices. The man overseeing the sale, “Sorry for the delay but I was trying to sort out these.

Gaby. “Just how many plots have you for sale? He brought up a computer screen of the areas for sale.

Darcie, “How much where you wanting for them?”

The man, “This is what we want on the open market but as tenant's you are eligible for a 70% reduction.”

Gaby, “In that case we will take all Yorkshire Water are selling off.”

The man, “You did say all we are selling.” He made a few phone calls. “I have been authorised to give you an 80% reduction if you are going to take everything.”

Darcie looked at the asking price, “That seems fair.”

Maddy, “Exactly what have you just bought.”
Gaby, “All the moorlands from the Scottish borders down to & including Derbyshire. “All together there are about 1200 farms we have just purchased from Yorkshire water.”

When Lady Ann discovered what Gaby had acquired it brought a smile to her face. Ann, “You have managed to get back most of that which was taken from me.”

Gaby, “Elizabeth has been instructed to check all estate agents for land sales & to buy them up if reasonable.”

Gaby & her group got back long before the others returned. Apparently everything had been auctioned off & the house & land where the last on the list.

Starr, “Everything was going very cheap. “I got this laptop for only 50p.”

Gaby looked at it & said, “It is only a few months old.”

Starr, “It is far better than mine so I thought it was a good investment.”

Gaby, “So what else did you buy.”

Starr Started to laugh. “Well I bought a lot of old books & I will need help sorting them out some smell very musty. This is one of them. It has grim**** on the front of it.”

Zelda looked at the book, “Are all the others similar?”

Starr , “I am not sure as I cannot read them but I was going to ask Amanda if they where Latin or Greek or something.”

Zelda, “Nobody has to touch any of these books until they have been checked out by Galadriel.”

Galadriel came in. “Who called for me? What is the problem we should be celebrating?”

Starr, “The problem is I bought some interesting lots at the sale & Zelda has forbidden anybody but you to look at them.”
Zelda handed a book over, “This is why.”

Galadriel, “Are the others similar?”

Starr, “They all appear to be in a foreign language or something.”

Galadriel, “Starr you did right in purchasing all these books. Zelda you where also right in saying I will have to check them out. Until I have checked them out it would be best if they are not handled by many people.” Galadriel waved her arm & all the books vanished.

Starr, “These were the other lots I bought Amanda. This is a box of Roman coins & a knife.”

Amanda looked at the knife, “Galadriel can you put this with the books?” The rest of Starr purchases were old paintings.

Starr, “Nobody wanted them & I bid 10p each.”

Galadriel, “Well I can see why you wanted them all & they will decorate the Castle nicely.”

Starr, “This was the biggest one I bought.”

Richard, “Did you get the land?"

"Well sort off I made a mistake. When the lot came up I bid up to £100 for it. Then a man started to bid against me & it soon got to £250. The man with the big hammer brought it down three times & said, Young lady how much do you require? I said, I want the lot. The man who had been bidding against me got quite nasty."

“You better make sure she has the money."

"The Man with the big hammer was very nice & said to me. You do realise we are dealing in Acres & there are 1000. Well I have not heard of acres but I knew you wanted all the land. I went to the side room & counted out the money into 25 piles of 1000. I also paid for my other purchases at the same time. I got told that because I had bought everything it also included the farm house & buildings. The auctioneer called this my luck. The man who had been building against me was still there & started getting nasty again. I read his mind & discovered he intends to come tonight with some friends & firebomb the house & buildings.”

Richard cracked out laughing, “You did very well. As I would have been willing to pay six times the amount you paid. I could do with you the next time I go to the auction.”

Gaby, “Well I have purchased more land than I intended to today.”

Starr, “So you also got the other land including the nine sisters.”

Gaby, “I am going to have to do something to protect the nine & I think I will have to recall Zita's protection team.”

Richard, “There are several footpaths which cross the land & I cannot stop people from walking on them.”

Gaby. “We can though protect a scheduled monument from the desecration that is taking place. From tonight a team is going to be on duty restoring the site.”

Richard, “Not tonight a massive storm is forecast & we shall receive the brunt of it.”

Maddy. “The police have been alerted & will be waiting for the fire raisers tonight.”

That night the men watched as a group of girls went into the farmhouse & then they went into the farm buildings & started to pour petrol over the barn. One was in the process of going to light the petrol when they realised they were surrounded by the police. They fled into the building they had doused in petrol that was an old wooden building. There was a crack from the sky & then the whole building blew up. There was nothing the officers could do to help the men the heat from the fire was too intense. All they could do was let the fire run its course.

A few seconds later the most torrential down pour in living memory came. The girls shouted to the officers to come inside & dry out.

The inspector, “If only they had surrendered to us they would still be alive. I could do nothing for them it was the lightening that ignited the petrol.”

The officers looked round & saw the farmhouse looked larger than first they thought.

Gaby, “You might as well make yourself comfortable as it is not safe for man or beast tonight.”

Pegi came, “I know you all should report in. I managed to send an e-mail before everything went down.”

The chief constable, “You all have to stay put until at least 09.00 tomorrow by then the worst will have passed.”

Zita, “The fire is out the rain extinguished it.”

Starr, “If I had not read their minds they would still be alive.”

Princess Gita, “They have nobody else to blame but themselves.”

Maddy, “I have thought of something. Gaby do you remember the storm in Lincoln. Could we use the power of the storm to restore the nine sisters & the Mother Stone?”

Gaby, “Winds North, South, East or West remove the detritus of the centuries & give it back to those who dumped it. Let the nine sisters & the mother stone be restored to their full glory.”

Maddy brought some cocoa & blankets for the officers. They all soon fell asleep.

Tinkerbelle, “It is the eye of the storm I could go & see.”

Gaby, “The door stays closed until the storm has subsided in the morning & then we will look in day light.”

Starr, “Lily what do you make of this lot?” The two of them began playing a game with the police officers. “Nothing very interesting in this lot here,”

Lily, “What do you make of these two?”

Starr , “Well I make it that those two are siblings & they have another two at home.”

Little Lily, “Go deeper into their past.”

Starr did, “I think we had better call Gaby.”

Gaby “Is there a problem.”

Starr, “Not exactly. Lily & I where playing a game of get into their minds. We got to these two well look yourself.”

Gaby, “If they are as close as their minds suggest then I should go for their sisters. Can you two move them to Oberon’s palace & I will bring their sisters. Bluebell & Tinkerbelle you are coming with me.”

They found the two girls fast asleep in the armchairs waiting for their brother’s return. Tinkerbelle & Bluebell took one each & soon they were also in Oberon’s palace fast asleep.

Tinkerbelle, “How did you spot them?”

Gaby, “They were brought to my attention by Starr & Lily who were playing a game of read the minds of police officers.”

The following morning the inspector said, “We will soon have to be going.”

Gaby, “Not before breakfast & before your transport arrives. All the cars that were outside have gone. All the out buildings that were not made of stone have also gone. Other than a scorch mark there is no trace of a fire all the ash & cinders has vanished.” The inspector did a roll call of his men & realised two men were missing.”

Gaby, “Nobody left here I have the key & the door is still locked.”

The inspector, “I hope they managed to shelter in one of the outbuildings otherwise they must have been in the barn when it blew up.”

Zita came in, “Right who is for kippers & scrambled egg on toast?” All the officers where ready for the breakfast. After eating they all went outside the scenery had changed rather a lot. Gaby & the others went to look for the nine sisters. They found all the rubbish had been swept away they could even see a track & followed it to a massive stone laid on its side. Gaby snapped her fingers & the stone was positioned upright once again. Gaby touched the stone & it started to glow.

Gaby, “Can you get the nine to each touch one of the stones.” The nine did as request. A bolt of light went from the Mother Stone up in to the air & then came down hitting first one & then all nine of the sisters. The ground shook. Gaby took her hand off but the connection remained. She went & told the others they could also remove their hands. Watch this, See that old dead tree.” Gaby raised her hand & what looked like an electric charge left her hand. It hit the tree & it burst in to flames. One by one the nine all tried the same & found they could do it.

Maddy, “Can those who are part of you but not the nine do it.” Lily & Maddy raised their arms & found they could do it.”

Gaby, “The stones are charged once again & are in perfect alignment. They act as an accumulator for my powers.”

They got back to the farmhouse the inspector had not found the two missing officers. The transport had finally arrived. The officers that came said, “You all did the right thing staying where you were. A massive torrent of water swept down the hillside & into Ilkley causing some devastation but no loss of life. The council is busy clearing up all the rubbish that has been swept into the town centre.”

The inspector, “Did two of my officers turn up at the station.”

“Sorry nobody from up here had got to the station.”

The inspector, “I fear they may have both died in an incident last night along with several felons who were trying to set the barn alight. It just blew up & everything in it was incinerated. The storm has swept away all the remains. Inform the cleaning teams in Ilkley to retain anything that looks like bones or ashes. Thank you for hospitality & we will be back with a report for you to sign. At least the insurance will cover the cost of the damaged buildings.”

Before they left they searched but found no ash or human remains.
Constance & Renate came in with Astra & Candy. “Gaby we need to get back to Oberon.” They all left together.

Oberon, “They are all still asleep.”

Gaby, “I have this recording for them all. It is a memorial service for two police officers who gave their lives in the pursuit of their duties, Lily, Starr, Faith & Candy you can wake them all up.” As they rubbed their eyes Gaby said, “Ah good you all finally have awoke.”

The two who where police officers, “We have to be getting back to our job they will be missing us.”

Gaby, “Just sit & watch this it was made especially for your sisters as they were unable to attend.”

At the end of the film the two officers said, “They think we are dead.”

Gaby handed a cheque over to the sisters. “This is in settlement of your brothers accidents. This is in lieu of their pension & for compensation for what happened. The next cheque is for their life insurance policies. The last is for the outstanding wages.”

The two officers, “We cannot accept them as we are alive & well.”

Gaby, “Mark & Anthony are both dead only their sisters survived.”

One of the girls, “Do you mind if I go to the toilet I am getting the urge to go rather badly.” All four of them decided to go. It was only when they got to the toilet they realised they were wearing dresses.

“Mark have you looked yet? “I appear to be a girl & I look like our sisters.”

“Same here brother. We could not go back to our old jobs. Who would believe us?”

Their sisters replied, “We would but the rest would think you had gone crazy.”

“Martha & Thera did you notice the girl who spoke to us?”
Mark, “You two used to call us that when we had to dress up for you.”

“Well from now on we are going to have to dress you.”

Martha, “OK yes let’s revert to the old names & yes she reminds me of mum & Granny.”

Thera, “Do you suppose she is a long lot relative or something.”

Martha, “Well there is one sure way to find out. Let us all remove the bracelets for each other. Mum taught us enough to protect ourselves from harm if we are together.”

Thera, “She also told us never to take off the bracelets unless we suspected family was close by.”

Little Lily, “They are suspecting that family is close by & they are about to take off the bracelets.”

Gaby snapped her fingers & all four of them did not realise they had been moved to the great Hall. It was not until a voice said, “Well are you four going to introduce yourselves now you are here.” They looked round & saw people clad in Robes.

Martha, “These are my sisters & I am Martha Eldest Daughter of Viola. This is Dawn, Allison & Thera. “

A voice said, “Stop I cannot allow this to continue. You four are improperly dressed. Come with me.” They did as instructed. They followed the person dressed in gold.

Another voice, “Take your seat Viola I will deal with them.”

“Yes mum. Will you present them?”

“Viola when I come in with them then we will present my granddaughters together.” Viola went & took her seat.

Galadriel took her time. She inspected every last detail & then said, “OK you four are ready now.”

Allison, “I know where we all are. The storm killed us all & we are in heaven. Granny would have to be a very old lady by now.”

Thera, “We are all together & we promised we would stick together.”

Galadriel, “I will tell you only once. When we go into the great hall you all will curtsy & greet the Empress.”

Allison, “Like the greeting Granny insisted on in our play.”

Martha. “I remember now. It went. All hail to thee Queen of the wild wood, Queen of the waters & Seas, All hail Queen of Heaven Empress of All.”

Galadriel, “So you all do remember then. What else where you taught?”

Thera, “I remember now. We have to approach the throne in pairs & hand our bracelets to the Empress.”

Allison, “Then we step to one side & the other two join us. After they have handed their bracelets over we have to turn & say Sisters can we the daughters of Viola have we your permission to become Eternal companions of the Empress?” They followed Galadriel into the room.

Viola joined Galadriel & jointly they said, “Empress may we present,”

Galadriel said, “Grand Children” & Viola said, “Children.” The four of them said their piece and said it word perfect.

Gaby turned to the four, “You ask here.”

Martha, “All four of us have somehow gone back in time & we are reliving promises we made long ago. As Children we made a blood pact we promised our Granny that we would only ever marry the Queen of Heaven & that would be when the four of us became as one again. This would only ever be done once we were of age.”

Gaby, “Sisters you heard them all ask in the Great hall.” Gaby waved her arms & the four found they were wearing wedding dresses. “You four made the vows as children. You no longer are children and I accept your offer. Do you four accept & wish to become eternal companions of the Empress. You accept the authority of the Empress & those she appoints to help her.”

They all said, “We do.”

Maddy, “You handed your bracelets to the Empress she has presents for you all.” Darcie placed the necklace on while Maddy put the earrings on. Little Lily & Rose came with a charm bracelet each for them. Finally Candy came and handed each of them a little silver wand.

Thera, “These are like the training wands of Galadriel. We used to play & practice with them.”

Gaby, “In that case you four shall give us all a demonstration of what you are remembering.”

Thera, “First we need to look the part.” They touched each other & all looked like children. “Granny would oversee us she would be sat in a chair & we would be sat at her feet.” Gaby snapped her finger & the group were sat in front of Galadriel.

Thera, “Previously only two of us managed the tests but we all remember them.” One by one they light & extinguished a small fire. Then they levitate themselves. They made themselves invisible & then visible again. Eventually they performed all the tests. There was great clapping from the rest of the group.

Gaby, “Congratulations on passing your practical exams with flying colours. All four of you have been accepted. I have had several requests about you four. The first are from Galadriel & Viola. They feel you all would benefit if you stayed as you currently are. The second request is from my friend & youngest companion Little Lily. She along with the others feels you all need to start a new & that you all should become as her & become a pre teen.”

Princess Beatrice. “You will find it is rather a lot of fun & as soon as you passed all your exams you go to the next stage.”

Martha, “Previously only two of us could complete the tasks. We all have now done it. Can Grandma still train us?”

Gaby, “Grandma is responsible for the training of us all even me.”

Martha, “Lily will you be our friend & show us how you get into peoples minds?”

Lily, “Come on. We can have a practice session using Sophia as she is the easiest to access. Sophia was not too happy but let them do it. Each one of them projected a thought to Sophia. Lily monitored everything they did.

After the quick lesson Thera said. “Sophia I am going to try something Please do not get upset with me.” Sophia lay down on the floor & started to squirm about. Thera kissed her. “Empress may the Princess Sophia accompany us to our sessions.”

Sophia, “You stopped me from doing magic.”

Gaby. “Sophia you have been part of me now for a while all your previous existence has been wiped away. You may begin lessons with these if you wish.”

Galadriel, “You will have to sit your practical first.”

Thera, “Let us demonstrate & then you can do it”.

Gaby handed Sophia a training wand. “Remember Sophia the consequences if you start to misbehave.”

Sophia, “Mother I am not bothered about passing anything above the practical. If Thera & the other want me to do the classes with them then I will.”

Galadriel, “Well you can start with your practical here now in front of us all.”

Thera, “Do not be scared just hold the wand like this & say to yourself I promise to be a good fairy.”

Sophia. “I felt a tingle.”

“Now we promise to be the companions of the Empress & take whatever life throws at us. The next step Sophia is to light a little fire & then extinguish it.”

Gaby, “Congratulations Sophia you have passed all the basic tests. You may now join the others if you so desire.”

Sophia handed the training wand back to Gaby. “I will do the rest without this.”

Sophia whispered something to Gaby who smiled. “Are you sure. Granny can you take over for a while I need to go and have a chat with Sophia. OK Sophia I will grant your request but we will do it now & then I will go to Oberon’s.” Gaby absorbed Sophia & then went to Oberon’s palace where she gave birth to a baby girl. Gaby named her Sophia. Eventually it became time to leave & return home. All Sophie's mind had been completely wiped clean & there was no trace of her former self. Gaby re-entered the great hall & handed Sophia the training wand.

Gaby, “Sophia has requested that she be allowed to do the tests again without the help of anybody else.” Sophia did the test perfectly.

Thera, “You look younger already.”

Sophia went to Galadriel, “Granny will you train me to be a good fairy like Little Lily?”

Gaby, “For now though we are all to return to the farm & the moorland. They all got back to the old farmhouse. They walked to the stone circle. Overnight it had apparently grown.

”Will all of you who have not already touched one of the stones go and place your hands on one of the stones.” As they did so a beam shot from the nine sisters to the nearest stone & then on to the next. The Nine sisters & the Mother stone where completely surrounded by the stones.

"Galadriel I need Chang's family & all Zita's attendants here also.” The next second they all found they where touching a stone. Lightning flashed as electrical discharges flashed from the stones.

Amanda, “This circle is now larger than Avebury or Stonehenge.”

Gaby, “It will continue to grow as more companions are added. Stones connect with your sisters around the world.” There was a great roar & then a blue light left the ground.

Maddy, “What is happening now?”

Gaby, “Stones you are now all mine to command. Search out my missing sisters & send me the results to my laptop.” Within seconds Gaby got a reply, “Thank you may I go into standby mode until required again.”

Gaby looked at the results that had appeared on her computer, “There are rather more left than I anticipated. We will recover them all eventually.”

Gaby went to see Richard, “You should have sufficient land with the new good pasture. Do not touch the Great Allotment or the standing stones. I intend to inspect the reservoir next & have it cleared out so I will be dropping the water lever for a short while. The woodland was soon cleared of rubbish. It was all piled on to a great heap in an open glade. At the same time all the over growth was removed.

Herne turned up. “I was informed you where all here clearing up. I have brought additional help.” The larger animals helped move the larger branches & fallen trees. The pile of rubbish got larger & larger.

Gaby, “Herne will all your children who have helped us come to the great stone circle. Will all the birds & animals go to one of these stones there is one for each different breed. This is the stone for the rabbits place your paws on the stone. The rabbit & hares did as told & found they could change into humans. “You will find you can all do the same once you have touched the stone. You are all the guardians of this place it is sacred to us all. Bring your children & their friends & share your luck with them.” The great stag that had been helping when he changed he looked like Herne.

Herne, “I have a brother now to help me with the children of the woods.”

Gaby, “I have already bought or acquired most of the surrounding moorland. Hunting is forbidden on any of my land. I want this to become a wildlife haven.”

Lily, “Empress may we all now light the bonfire?” They all raised their Right arms & a bolt of energy flew from them to the fire. The heat from the fire was rather intense eventually though it began to die down. They then danced around the embers of the fire. By dawn all that was left of the rubbish was a few ashes. The birds of the Forest & hedgerows began to sing a great eagle settled down on Gaby's shoulder.

Gaby looked at the dying embers. “Well I suppose we should put the fire out now.” They all raised their left arms & rain fell on the fire. The steam came off it but it was soon out. All the remaining ashes were scattered around the tree trunks soon there was no trace of the bonfire.”

"We will be returning shortly as these ruins interest me. Herne I know children use the old Quarry & ruins for shooting Air rifles at targets. They are not to be harmed.” Gaby & the girls all left.

Richard was doing his rounds looking at his sheep when he saw a deer with its foot in a snare. Richard was apprehensive at helping the deer. He went up and began to speak to the deer.

Richard, “I am not going to hurt you. I would like to get who ever set this snare. Do not struggle & I will release it. I have a bandage in my farm and I could put that on you. It would be better if you come to the farm with me.”

He lifted the deer into the back of the trailer & took it to the farm.

Richard telephoned Wilma & asked if she knew about injured deer.

Wilma, “I will have help around soon.” Richard had only put the phone down when there was a knock & there was Gaby & Herne.

Gaby, “Where is the injured animal?”

Richard showed them the trap, “I wish who ever set this could get caught in a trap like this.”

Herne, “Richard can you show me where you found the deer & trap. Diana appeared with some rather nasty looking dogs. Richard showed them the site. The dogs set off & they soon found & destroyed another trap. They spent the day destroying traps.

Richard, “Whoever is setting these has no regard for man or animal. Some have been set on public footpaths.”

Herne, “Richard I could use your help tonight to try and catch who is doing this.”

The Gypsy Poachers.

That night Gaby & Herne awaited the arrival of the poachers. By the sound of it there was a pair of them. One was saying, “I have only come with you because I promised mother I would try & keep you out of trouble.”

“You are nothing but a great big fairy. The Nancie's in Armley Jail will have a great time with you. Bloody hell that is another trap that has gone.”

The second voice, “Well I am not going any further you can if you want.”

“That's right cop out again.”

“I will wait for you here.”

“Scared the bogie man might get you. See you later sissy.”

After his brother had left him he noticed a roe deer in a trap the other side of the wall. He climbed over. “Little one please do not cry out for if he finds you he will kill you. I will release you but you must stay quiet.” He finds the snare & releases it. Little one I have this cream that is supposed to heal wounds. I will put some on you. After we have gone go into the woods as we are not going there.”

The brother returned fuming, “Every dammed trap has gone. We will have to return in daylight & look for them.”

“Mother told you not to come here.”

“You think the ravings of an old gypsy woman will scare me. If Old Nick himself appeared in front of me I would not be sacred.”

The Brother, “Well this land belongs to GB & mother says she is not to be trifled with. According to mother all will bow down in front of her.”

“No teenage Diva is going to terrify me.”
“Well I am not going to help you poach.”

“Quiet did you here dogs.” One brother began to run. The other stayed put. He jumped over the wall. “Quiet little one somebody is hunting with dogs. I will try & protect you but all I have is a stick. The dogs came past & sniffed the air. They looked in his direction & then raced on. He heard the sound of his brother’s car start up & drive away. “Well little one I am going to cuddle up to you & perhaps the dogs will not get either of us in the morning I will take you to the farm house I noticed on the way here. I hope I have stopped your bleeding as I seem to be covered in your blood.”

The following morning he awoke in a bed with satin sheets. He looked around & realised he was no longer in the field. A little girl came in, “Good you are awake. The mistress wants to talk to you about setting traps & poaching.” He was led into a room that felt more like a court. He saw Gaby & bowed.

“It has been reported to me you were poaching last night & where found with the blood of a deer on you.”

“Please may I defend myself? I accompanied my brother after I learned he had previously set traps. I tried to persuade him to abandon the idea of poaching but he would not listen. I was covered with blood because I tried to help a deer that had been caught in a snare. The last I remember is somebody hunting with dogs. I lay down with the injured deer & must have fallen asleep as that was the last I remember until I awoke this morning here.”

Gaby, “I find it hard to believe that you just fell asleep with an injured deer.”

The person assigned to defend him, “We will play last night’s video & see what happened.”

Gaby, “You may sit while we watch what happened.”

Seth saw himself & Lot set off from home with their mother warning Lot not to go poaching. Seth saw the argument he had with his brother & him leaving. It showed him releasing the deer & treating it & then the devil dogs coming right up to him & him collapsing onto the deer. “It showed his brother take off & get into the car & not stop until he got home. At home he bolted all the doors & windows.

His mother wanted to know where his brother was. Lot, “I think the dogs came after me & left him alone.”

The mother, “I will go & find your brother & should anything have happened to him you will regret your actions.”

The gypsy woman went to the castle in Skipton. “Please can I see the mistress?”

Little Lily.” Come with me we have to go elsewhere. Gaby we have a guest who wants to speak to you.”

Gaby, “So this is one of your sons.”

The old gypsy lady curtsied, “There has to be some mistake as this one would not hurt anybody.”

Gaby, “We have found him covered in blood but asleep. He has been cleaned up but is still asleep. In the morning we will decide what action to take against him.”

The old gypsy lady, “Please he would not even have been there but for the fact I asked him to persuade his brother not to go.”

Gaby, “It is too late to return you now so you can sleep here & then attend the trial in the morning.”

The next was three witnesses. The first two witnesses where a pair of hunting dogs. They transformed into humans. “Empress He had already freed the deer when we got to the snare. He was terrified of us but was going to defend the deer & himself with his walking stick. He fainted as we went after his brother. We failed to catch the brother & returned for this one but your companions had already found him.”

The next was a deer who spoke. “Yes he freed me & kissed me & told me to be quiet & with luck the dogs might not bother us. We fell asleep together. I awoke when the companions came. He was fast asleep all the time. Even when I cleaned him up.”

The old gypsy lady, “I have to ask a question or two. The blood was it yours or his.”

The deer, “The snare cut us both & the blood was from the two of us.” The cream he put on me cured my cuts & I rubbed the same on him.

The old gypsy lady, “I will be returning without my son for he has become one with the deer. Please though may I see who the deer really was?”

Maddy transformed in front of her, “I am Maddy number one companion of the Empress.”

“Your son saved his life & that of his brother by helping me.”

The old gypsy, “This one always was far to gentle & would rather treat injured animals.”

Herne came, “We all saw you talk to the animals & treat them. I would willingly offer you a job treating the ill & injured animals.”

Gaby, “Before I give my decision I want you to have a blood test.”

“The doctor came & took the blood. “Empress it is as we feared.”

Gaby, “Herne I am sorry neither you nor the mother will be getting Seth. Seth you are found not guilty. However I cannot permit you to leave here. As his mother you can read minds & so already know why Seth cannot ever leave us. You will always be welcome here. I doubt that your other son will ever want to go out without you. I have a suggestion for you.”

The gypsy lady, “I will do as you say & see what happens.” She got back to the caravan & found her son shaking away. “We have to move away from here. First you have to get a good wash & dye your help.”

Lot found all his body hair came out & the hair on his head turned blond. His mother handed him a dress & said put it on & the sandals. She sprayed him with some sort of scent.

“If the dogs come after you now they will not smell you only girls. So long as you dress as you are & keep spraying on the scent you should be safe. Herne had his dogs howl outside the caravan for the next week.

The mother, “We need to destroy all your clothes & anything with your scent on.”

Lot thought for a moment, “We could put all your clothes & anything of value in the 4X4 & leave the caravan where it is with all my clothes & Seth's clothing in it. The dogs will continue to smell me here. Perhaps I could change my identity completely. They set off with everything of value & called an auction house & handed everything over including the 4X4 Unknown to the son the mother had also sold the caravan & had arranged for all the remaining clothing to be destroyed. The two of them got to Leeds & visited the shop run by Wendy.

Wendy, “So you want to change your life style completely.”

Lot, “I wish I could take a tablet that would make me 5ft 6in with long blond hair & 36, 24, 36. & totally vegetarian.”

Wendy, “Can I get you a drink.”

Lot looked at the items on sale. “Mum do I have to get anything from here can we not wait until tomorrow when more stores will be open.”

“Well, we could just get you a nighty for now & some of those bath salts. If you have a long soak it would totally mask your smell. After having the drink they went to the Queens hotel & booked in. Lot went & had a very long soak he even washed his hair in it. His mother came looking for him to see he was OK.” He had fallen asleep in the bath his mother noticed the changes taking place & said, “The dogs will never find you now.”

During the night she kept changing the water & ensuring it was constantly hot. Finally the changes where completed. She changed the water one last time, “I have two daughters now.”

Lot woke up with a start, “Mum did I drop off asleep?” “He failed to notice the changes & dried himself.” He put on the clothing passed to him. He went to the bed & fell asleep again.

The mother also got into the bed. “You my daughter are in for a bigger shock in the morning.” In the morning Lot awoke & went to the toilet. There was a blood-curdling scream from Lot.

His mother woke with the noise. “What are you screaming at now Lucinda?”

“But mum.”

The mother, “You are a girl & as such I have to choose you a husband.”

“But I am your son.”

“What are those two objects on your chest & what is between your legs?” Lot's hands went to her breasts & then to her legs.

“It is true then I have changed.”

The mother, “I already have had one person ask for you as a wife & have decided to accept it. You sacrificed your brother well now you can provide me with grand children. You will be married tonight. Your new partner wants you compliant & has asked me to place this on you.” She places a necklace on Lucinda “All you ever want to do is produce babies for your partner & will be constantly pregnant. Come now we have to go.” They appeared at the castle & where let in.

Maddy, “You had no problem then.”

Herne terrified him. “Can you arrange for Herne to appear with his antlers on & try to claim him as new breeding stock?” When Lucinda saw Herne she was terrified & managed to create a pool of water where she stood.

Starr had got into her mind, “Lucinda say these words now before it is too late & you become one of Herne’s breeding animals.”

Lucinda although scared, “Empress I have wronged you & ask for your forgiveness.” Lucinda fell to her knees & began sobbing, “I inadvertently have caused the death of my brother. He tried his best to talk me out of the poaching. I was pig headed & only saw the money I had been promised by the butcher. I miss Seth. The biggest laugh is this should have been Seth he was always the most feminine of us. I did love him & then I let him down.”

Gaby, “Have you anything else to tell me?”

Lot. “The Butcher supplied me with 30 traps & everyone of them vanished.

Gaby, “What is the name of the butcher & where does he live.” Lucinda gave all the details. “How many of the forest children did you kill?”

Lucinda, “I completely botched it & lost all the snares on the first attempt & have not tried again. I have been hiding from the devil dogs & the devil himself. Empress take this miserable sinner & make me thine.”

Gaby, “Will somebody take her away & make her more presentable & mop up this puddle.”

Starr & Candy led her away. “You have been lucky so far. Had those dogs got you? You would have been torn to shreds.”

Lucinda, “I presume when they could not get me they turned on my brother.”

Candy said Go & take a shower & we will find replacement clothing what sizes are you.”

Lucinda, “I do not honestly know I changed last night & was brought here by mum.”

Starr produced a tape measure & took several measurements. “I will get the clean clothing while you shower.”

Sandy came in as she was drying, “Starr called for me to come & trim your hair.”

Little Lily, “Give me your hands.” Lucinda just did as she was told & sat back.

Eventually Lucinda was led back to the main room. Gaby said, “Gypsy Rose Lee have you anything to say”

Rose Lee, “Empress I have decided to go & live with my friends Titania & Tatiana. My children I place in your care.”

Gaby, “Lucinda. I want you to phone the butcher & say you have caught a deer in the trap but your transport has broken down. Can he come & give you a hand?”

“If you do this then I will not give you to Herne.” Lucinda was given a mobile phone. She rang the number & a voice said, “Exactly where are you?”

Lucinda, “Do you know where the nine sisters are. I am close to them”.

Gaby, “All you have to do is wait for the butcher & waved her wand. Lucinda found she was a roe deer. She was led to the stone circle & the snare place around her leg. “We will be close by so you will be in no danger but you may be terrified when he tries to kill you.”

The butcher turned up with his van & saw the deer. He has not bothered to kill it I will have to get a knife from the van & kill & skin it here. He went back to the van and got a massive knife out. The deer was laid close to one of the stones. As the butcher took a swipe at the deer to kill it a discharge from the stone sent the knife flying in the air. It landed backstabbing the butcher in the foot. He tried again & this time he got sent flying in the air & landed across the altar stone. He tried to get up but found he was stuck. He watched as Gaby & the others materialised apparently from the stones.

Gaby, “I see you have voluntary offered yourself as a sacrifice.”

The butcher “I was trying to kill the injured deer but my knife slipped out of my hand & stabbed me in the foot. Somehow I was transported to this stone.”

Gaby, “The stone will not let you go until the blood has stopped flowing.”

Herne came, “Can I have his body for my dogs.”

Gaby, “The courts may be rather lenient with poachers & those they supplied but I am not. This is a haven for wildlife & is under my protection.” She sent a bolt of lightning & it stemmed the flow of blood. You may get down now.”

“You may now here my sentence on you. You are to personally replace every animal you have purchased from poachers & in addition you are to supply Herne here with the names & addresses of those that supply you.”

The butcher, “My last supplier was legal and died saving a young girl from a wild stag. I got a gypsy lad to supply me but he failed to deliver.

Gaby, “My lawyers will be going over your property & through all your accounts. In the mean time you can begin by replacing the children of the woods. Herne you now have your breeder to replace the poached animals. Return him once they have all been replaced.” The butcher found there was a harness around his head & he was been led away. “Right Lucinda you are free to go now.”

Lucinda, “I cannot go as my mother has placed me in your care & that binds me to you.”

“What to do with you now,”

Little Lily, “You could still hand her over to Herne as breeding stock.”

Gaby, “No she delivered on her promise & Herne is happy with the breeder he has now got. If we are to keep you here we need to find a talent that is of use to us.”

Lucinda, “I can read cards. I can train horses & ride them. When I attended school I also did office skills but that is of no use to me. I also did all the cooking at home while my brother kept the place tidy.”

Little Rose, “Can you swim & dance.”

Lucinda, “There is nothing better than swimming if you want I will race you. As to dancing. I have never gone in for Ballet Classical or Disco. I much prefer clog, Folk & Square dancing.” Lucinda did a tap dance to prove it.

“Bravo, Bravo you did that good.” A girl was approaching Lucinda.

The Girl said, “Can you do that again but also do this.” Lucinda copied the girl. “Now we add this & this.” Lucinda did all she was shown. She noticed the others where clapping their hands.

Darcie, “Your office skills I presume where not on the latest computers.”

Lucinda, “I managed to adapt what I learned & have been going to the library. So although I do have certificates in computing skills & have managed to use them. I am not used to the latest ones.”

Petrova, “Gaby I could use a dance instructor & I could teach her all the other dance moves.”

Elizabeth spoke up, “We are shortly to be running office skills & catering courses as well as mother care.”

Lucinda, “The man with the devil dog will you give him this. It is a healing balm I make for major or minor injuries. For centuries my people have made herbal remedies that will cure people.”

Gaby. “Lucinda do you know them.”

Lucinda, “I have put them all to disk & if you have a computer here they can be assessed with the correct password.” Gaby handed Lucinda the laptop. A short while later she had accessed it. “I pay for space on a server. I use GB computer services for this.”

This brought a roar of laughter from the rest of the group.

Lucinda, “Have I said something funny. Everything my accounts, my cookery & my potions are all on even some new dance steps are saved on the computer.”

Gaby, “I presume you only have access at a library.”

Lucinda, “It would not have been the done thing for a big bloke like I was to be seen to be playing with a computer or a Typewriter.”

Gaby, “What is your pass word?”

Lucinda looked sheepish, “Fairy Princess.”

Gaby, “For now you may go with Petrova & dance but I want you back here in a week.” Lucinda left with Petrova.

Petrova, “We will not be long & then we will be at the studio. First I have to get you fixed up with a locker & all your dance wear.”

Lucinda, “I cannot do the other dances.”

Petrova, “By the time I have finished you will be as good as all the others. They danced all morning until lunchtime, “I presume you have not got a wardrobe yet Lucinda. I should have remembered you need to be fitted out. Nicole what is the latest fashion for the girls? We have one here who needs fitting up.”

Nicole, “Gaby usually deals personally with new ones. As you are here we will fix you up & bill Gaby.” Lucinda found she could take the Folk dancing classes. After the students had gone she still had to put in practice with Petrova.

Petrova, “When we return you can have tea & then we have computer classes together.”

Lucinda, “You have to do classes?”

Petrova, “We all have to take every subject as you will find out. We finish the day with a swim.” While Lucinda had been dancing Gaby, Aunt Jean & Galadriel looked at the potions & recipes.

Aunt Jean, “We can transfer all these recipes to Lucinda's work book so she can access them when it is her turn to cook.”

Galadriel looked at the recipes & deleted all but six. “We already had them on the computer. These I need to check out so I will be putting a block on anybody but myself accessing them.”

Darcie, “Granny it would be better still if they were all transferred over to your closed section”. Darcie looked at the accounts. “They have been surviving by supplying three of the potions to these firms.” Gaby noticed one of the companies was Stephanie in Manchester. She went to see Stephanie.

Stephanie, “I have been testing the cream out on some of my customers & it apparently worked. These others do not work very well. Although this is great.”

Gaby went to see Galadriel & showed the creams. “According to Stephanie only this works.”

Galadriel, “In that case we will look at it first.” Galadriel looked at the ointment. “Compare it with this.”

Gaby, “It appears to be the same or similar. What is that?”

Galadriel, “The pill we supply to the Nuns. Apparently Lucinda or somebody in the family has stumbled on the same thing as us.”

Gaby, “We need another chat with Lucinda.”

Darcie, “We certainly do. I have been going through the records of Seth & Lot & found this on their files.”

Gaby, “Leave Seth alone for the moment we will concentrate on Lot & see what happens.”

Lucinda worked hard & by the time she got to bed she was shattered. Gaby called to see Petrova. “Petrova how is she doing.”

Petrova, “She is certainly doing her best at the dancing. You will also have had reports that she is doing very well with the computing & has already passed stages one & two. I am going to struggle to keep up with her as I am only on level 3.”

Galadriel, “I think we should slow down on computers & begin her on potions. Before we do that I need to chat with her.”

Gaby clapped her hands & they all found themselves in the Great Hall. “Lucinda we have a few more questions for you.”First you told us neither you nor your brother had children. We find this is untrue.”

Lucinda, “To my knowledge neither of us have produced children.”

Gaby, “You where asked if you had any children not if you had produced children & there is a difference.”

Lucinda, “Neither of us have children. We both do give to two girls each in West Africa. Neither of us had much although we had more than the girls. We send £5.00 per month for their upbringing. We get photos & letters from the girls & we write back to them. The poaching was because I wanted to raise money to bring them over for a holiday. We could not afford the money involved. Seth sold the potions for the same reason.”

Gaby, “So Seth mixed the potions.”

“No Seth only mixed one & I did the others.”

Gaby, “Who taught you two them.”

Lucinda, “Mum has some books she hides away that belonged to Granny. Neither of us could read them as they were in a funny language. We remembered watching her make some of the healing potion. Granny used to mix the potions & we remembered how to produce them. The healing balm worked a treat. I had intended that Seth tested out the one he produced but he died before we could test it out. According to the lady in the shop it works OK.”

“So the preparations where all done from memory. That accounts for five of them not working & being wrong.”

Lucinda, “If Seth was here now I gladly would swap places with him.”

Gaby, “Now to the children again.”

Lucinda, “I have sent the money for Seth's girls it is the least I can do. They already have lost their parents & now they lose what he gave as well.”

Gaby, “We take the care of children very serious here.”

Lucinda, “Please do not do anything to me. I am trying to work hard & still intend to bring the girls here to stay for a while when I can afford it. I want to ask Darcie if it will be possible to set up a trust for all four girls so that even if something happens to me there is something for the girls.”

Lucinda noticed the door open & somebody comes in with some children but took little notice. The person walked sedately as did two of the children the others ran to Lucinda.

A voice said, are you our mummy Lucinda?” Lucinda looked to see two ebony girls with lovely white teeth.

Lucinda, “Chantell & Charlotte.”

The girls threw themselves at Lucinda, “We have been told you need us to look after you.”

Charlotte, “Serena said we had to also bring our baby sisters & you & she would look after them.”

Lucinda, “Are the older girls Colette & Connie?”

Mummy Serena, “The family was to be kept intact although only four of us where adopted by you.” Serena came slowly down carrying a baby & each of the older girls carried a baby also.

Gaby, “You found them all then.”

Serena, “Thank you for transporting them.”

Ursula looked at the girls & spoke to them in their language. Ursula, “The girls have asked if they can stay with their new mums & live here. I have explained their skin colour will fade & eventually becomes a light tan”.

Connie, “The witch doctor in our village gave us something to drink so that when we met our new mums we would change to look like them in the morning. I also have to ask all our new mums to sign this.” Serena signed it & so did Lucinda. Gaby looked at it & also signed it & passed it to the others all to sign. Eventually it arrived back with Ursula who read it & signed it.

Ursula, “We all have agreed to become mothers to these girls.”

Lucinda, “Serena you look familiar to me have we met before?”

Serena giggles, “We sure have met before.” “Do you not remember us sleeping together?”

Lucinda, “I know for sure I have never slept with you.”

Serena, “We have slept in the same room & used the same bath for as long as I can remember.”

Lucinda, “Oh my god it is Seth.”

“No it is Serena now. Thanks for the payment for the girls.” Gaby sent me to collect them I did not at first realise there was also 3 baby sisters. I decided they had better come with us. Remember what mum said she wanted grand children. Well this way she instantly gets seven to look after. I was terrified at first & then I realised they are all very nice including Herne who caused you to wet yourself.”

Lucinda, “You where there then.”

“Not only there but as usual ended up clearing up your mess. There was you the big man telling me that even the devil would not scare you. Mum said you never left the toilet for a week after the dogs chased you.”

“If they had come after you then you would have had the runs also.”

Serena, “They did but I stayed my ground with a deer that was caught in one of your traps. I had just released it when the dogs came I thought that both of us where goner's all I had was my walking stick. They came right up to me & I must have passed out for the next I remember is been brought in front of the Empress & been given various tasks.”

“Well I have been dancing & playing computers.”

Serena, “You have only just let on about the potions though.”

Galadriel is very displeased with you. I gave them my code for accessing but I did not give them yours although they have properly worked out that we both have accounts with the same firm.”

Serena, “Well my password was Fairy Princess. How on earth did you manage to read that last potion in the book it was all mumbo jumbo to me.”

Galadriel, “So one of you managed to read the text.”

Serena, “Yes it was an old potion that was supposed to help such as me. I hoped I had made the mixture correctly & tried it on myself. Then I tried to stop you from poaching & you know the rest.”

Lucinda, “Well we both need new documents now & we have a family to support.”

Galadriel, “Serena where are the books now?”

Serena produced them. “They belonged to my mother's grandmother & are very old.”

Galadriel looked at them. “I will place them in the library with the others.”

Serena, “We have to get these to the nursery & feed them.”

Lucinda, “Neither of us can do that.”

“Well that is where you are wrong again sister. I have been feeding them & so can you.” Lucinda followed the example of her sister. Then as the babies’ fed they changed to Blue eyed blonde’s females with a white skin. They tucked the babies up in the cots & went to bed where they found they each had additional two bed mates.

The following morning they were awakened by the girls saying mum are we going to collect our sisters & feed them. Lucinda found her schedule had changed drastically. She also discovered she was still expected to look immaculate in the shop. Lucinda continued to work hard over the next few weeks. Eventually she found herself in front of Gaby again & wondered what she had done wrong this time.

Gaby handed her a card. “Lucinda read this to us.” Lucinda began to read the card aloud.

Gaby, “Stop obviously your potion work well. I discovered why Seth could read the book. Seth was born both male & female. Had he been male like you then he would not have been able to read it. You though mixed the potion for Seth & at some point ingested some of the mixture.”

Lucinda thought for a moment, “I used my arms to stir the mixture & I may have licked my finger.”

Gaby, “That would have been sufficient to get it inside you. Obviously in your family's past somebody has been good at mixing potions so I have decided that the two of you shall begin with potions & then go on to spell craft & magic if you pass all your exams.”

Lucinda thought for a moment. “No if I do that I will never see my daughters except in bed. I am not a robot. I am a person with feelings just like you. Even if it means getting the sack from you. I have no intention of spending less time with the girls than I already do.”

Gaby, “I am glad to hear that because the girls will be attending with you & you will be dropping the computer lessons for a while until you are up to scratch. Your teaching lessons will continue though & I understand you have four new pupils for some of them.”

Young Boy.

Elizabeth signalled Gaby that a young boy was approaching the circle. He was carrying something. It was obvious he was very upset. He sat down near one of the stones. The stone amplified what he was saying. “You are my only friend & I am been forced to let you go. They are coming for me tomorrow to take me into care. Since my family got killed in the crash I have been alone but for you.” The boy noticed there were some rabbits in the stone circle. “Rabbits will you look after my friend for me as I am going to have to leave her here as I am not allowed to take her to the home I am been sent to.” The boy was crying away, “My friend I am going to place you on this stone & give you one last kiss & cuddle. I wish there was a way that we could have stayed together.” He placed her on the stone. “Good by Snowy I will always love you.” As he walked away he heard a noise & turned around.

A voice said. “Ernie come to me.” He walked to the voice. Where he had placed the rabbit there was a beautiful girl.

The girl, “Ernie kiss me.” Before he could kiss her though other girls began to appear from the stones.

The boy closed his eyes, “Snowy I am dreaming the very stones are coming alive.”

Snowy, “They come because I asked them to. Come & sit on my stone with me.” He looked again & saw his pet rabbit & ran over to it. He jumped on to the stone & picked up the rabbit.”

The boy, “Snowy I do not understand. I must be seeing things. For a minute there I thought you were a beautiful woman. Snowy I will call you the Queen of Rabbits as you stand out from the rest.”

Eric, “Snowy I am keeping hold of you forever. I am closing my eyes as the stones appear to be coming alive.” Eric thought he heard a voice next to him. He looked to see & found he was cuddling the girl. Eric said, “Please do not harm my Snowy. She is all I have left after my family died. Dad had some relatives but they refused to take me in. They where rather annoyed that I did not die also then they would have inherited my parents estate. As it is the state is to make me a ward & everything has to be sold & put in a trust fund for me.”

The girl, “Yes Eric I know all about that. That is why you brought Snowy here to keep her safe.”

“To be honest I do not want to ever be separated from Snowy. She is my good luck.”

Another voice spoke, “Eric Tichmarch I presume. We have come to take you with us.”

Eric, “You must be the lady from the social services. Well I am not leaving here without my Snowy.”

Gaby, “Eric I would not dream of separating the two of you.”

“If I come with you Snowy can stay with me?”

Gaby, “I insist you bring Snowy with you.”

He kissed Snowy again, “Snowy I think we both have got a new mum.”

Gaby smiled. He jumped off the stone & picked up the rabbit once again.”

Eric, “Where are we going?

Gaby, “Only to the farmhouse the others are awaiting you.”

He noticed they appeared to be walking on a track way, as the surrounding area was rather boggy. He followed the lady into the house. In front of him was laid a spread. The first thing he did was to select some items for Snowy “Have you some water I could give her please.”

Gaby, “Snowy Queen of rabbits show your true self.”

Eric, “You are the girl who comes when I am asleep & cuddles up to me.”

Gaby turned to Snowy, “Sophia just what did you think you were doing.”

“Mother he called to me & I had to go he is special like us.”

Gaby turned to Eric, “Why are you special?”

Eric, “Can Snowy read my mind.”

Just then Little Lily & the leprechauns returned. “We got some of the contents from the house sale."

Eric, “ER did you unpack them?”

Little Lily. “We did & put everything away for you. I also got these at the sale Gaby.” Gaby looked at the Ring & then looked at hers.
She read it on the inside. “With all my love GB.” “I also got these among the books & this is interesting.” Gaby looked at the books & handed them to Galadriel. She then looked at what looked like a miniature copy of her sceptre. She found the top was loose.

Gaby lifted the top off & lifted out two pieces of parchment out. On one it read “Ventura First class Hon, Sister of the Royal Venetia’s coven.” The second piece read, “If you are reading this then in all probability I am dead or injured. To whom it concerns I give you my son & daughter to bring up as your own. If you go to Barclays bank in Ilkley & hand this note over you will find a trust fund has been established for the two of them. My daughter is currently missing after having a disagreement with me. She will eventually return looking for her little brother. Do not let her bossiness put you off she is actually a good child. Lastly I am worried about Eric & what is happening to him. He spends Monday to Saturday as a girl & Sunday he reverts to Eric. It is as if he is two different people.”

Little Lily & the girls had vanished with Eric & took him to his room. He began to cry. “You got all my things thank you.” He went for a shower.

“Lily do you mind getting me the fairy dress & all the accessories. Lily laid them on the Bed & Eric came through with a towel wrapped around him just like a girl.

Lily, “Do you mind if I do your hair while you get ready. All you need is a wand now.”

“Oh I have one of them also.” Eric goes to a box & pulls out a little silver wand.

Lily looks at it, “That looks exactly like mine.”

Eric, “Please call me Erica when I am like this. I am only Eric on a Sunday.”

Little Lily, “Do you want to join our group & be a fairy with us?”

Erica, “I made a promise that if I was dressed like this I would only ever be a good fairy. Will I get to meet the fairy queen or Empress?”

Lily giggled, “I think you have already met her.”

“You mean Snowy? No that is Sophia one of the Empresses daughters & by the look of it you are her special friend. You are well in there you get Gaby as your new mum & get to sleep with Sophia.”

“Will they not think I am strange changing from a boy to a girl?”

Lily, “No more strange than the rest of watch me.” Lily began to develop wings & flew up in the air. I think you can properly do the same if you are taught. Just think of a great eagle & then outstretch your arms. Now bring your arms above your head. Now put your arms on my shoulders.” They flew to the top of the great hall.”

Little Lily, “That wand gave you away. That has come from the fairy queen herself & therefore you must have some fairy blood in you.”

Erica, “That would account for why I keep changing.”

Titania came in, “Lily just what do you think you are doing.”

Erica, “It is my fault I wanted to be a real fairy & Lily has told me I was one all along.”

Titania, “Lily how did you come to that conclusion?”

Lily, “The dress for one thing it is the rank of a Princess of Oberon. For a second thing the wand is a gift of the fairy Queen to her daughter Ventura.” Thirdly no mortal can change sex at will & fly.”

Titania, “Please can I look at the wand Erica.”

Erica hands it over & Titania looks at it. “Give me your hand Erica.” On the right wrist was a silver bracelet with a fairy on.

“I cannot get it off & it has been there for as long as I remember.”

Maddy came into the room. “Gaby wants everyone in the Hall of Valhalla something has come up that need immediate attention.”

Erica, “I better get changed again.”

Titania, “No you go as you are & I think it will be rather appropriate. Lily Can you & the others bring her in to the hall in the coach.”

Lily smiled, “Do we get to use the golden unicorns this time?”

Titania, “It would be appropriate.”

Titania went & took her seat & noticed that Gaby had summoned Neptune & Oberon & Odin. Every seat was taken & the children sat on the floor. Sophia drove the coach with the girls in.

Gaby, “Thank you for coming at short notice. A young boy with a pet rabbit came to my attention yesterday. After a quick investigation I adopted him as my child. Whilst clearing his house out I made some discoveries. Oberon can you tell me who Ventura is or was? Secondly I would like the fairy Queen to come here & examine this child.”

The Fairy Queen, “Oberon is not going to reply to you but I will. Ventura was one of my daughters. She fell in love with a mortal & since that day her name has never been spoken. Oberon removed his mark from her & her kin.”

Erica got out of the coach & was taken to the Fairy Queen she looked at the child. “There is no doubt in my mind as to who the mother is.”

Erica, “Little Lily has said, I have to show you the wand mummy gave me & told me I had to take great care of it.” She looked at the wand & then handed it back to Erica.

“Gaby you have adopted this child as your own. I thank you for that & as her grandmother I will be visiting her rather a lot.”

Neptune called the child over. “I gave that bracelet to Ventura when she was a child.”

Erica, “Mummy placed it on me when I was a baby & I have worn it ever since. I do not even know how to remove it.” Neptune pressed & the bracelet came off.

He watches as Gaby's mark appeared on the child. Then he replaced the bracelet. Neptune, “I will accept you as the Empresses daughter.”

Gaby laid, the mini Sceptre & the opal ring on the table & said, “Who can tell me about these?”

Amanda, “The ring looks like Venetia’s ring but you wear that. Barbara looked at the ring & read the inscription inside it.

Even Oberon looked puzzled. ”I will be back in a minute.” He returned with Venetia’s.

Venetia’s, “You have still to bring Hadrian to me.”

Gaby, “Venetia’s we have called you here because we need some help & think you may be able to enlighten us. First, “Can you explain two rings one I am wearing & this. Secondly can you explain this mini sceptre that appears to be a mini copy of mine?”

Venetia’s, “Where did you get these from?”

Erica, “When the cleared my house out they found them in mum’s jewellery box.”

Venetia’s, “You have already adopted the child I take it?”

Gaby, “I have after I discover Sophia & this one where the best of friends.”

Venetia’s, “Give me your hand & slipped the ring on Erica's hand. Gaby please hand me the sceptre & the mini sceptre. He screwed them together. “It was split into several parts. You will find it works better than ever now. Your parents I take it that some sort of accident happened to them.”

Erica, “They left me with friends while they visited the Italian lakes. The lady where I was staying received a phone call to say they had been killed in an accident & that they had been buried as to the local tradition.”

Gaby, “Erica do you know where it happened.”

Erica, “Yes as we went there often it was in Bavano on the shore of the Lake.”

Gaby turned to Oberon, “Uncle I insist you restore all the marks you may have removed.”

This brought a smile to the Fairy Queen, “He will do it for you but not for me.”

Oberon, “I cannot restore the child because she is yours now & you take precedence over us all.”

Gaby, “Yes Erica is now my daughter & will be treated as such. She is also a fairy princess & likewise anybody not respecting her as such will incur the wrath of the fairy Queen.”

Erica disappeared with Lily & the other younger ones. Gaby handed a casket over to Venetia’s & said, “This is what you wanted. I had intended to bring it to you but I seem to be busy.”

Venetia’s, “I will be back often if only to keep an eye on the child. Oberon was not the father I was that is why he banished the child once she was of age it was nothing to do with been with a mortal.”

Gaby, “In that case the mother shall also bear my mark regardless of where she is.”

The Fairy Queen, “Thank you. You do intend to find her. I recognise that look anywhere.”

Gaby, “I already have an idea where she already is. Lily bring the children back here.”

Italian Lakes.

Gaby, “Right we are all going to Italy.” “We are going to Bavano & are all going to have an ice-cream.”

Oberon, “Well I better be getting back.”

Gaby, “You & Venetia’s are both required. Gaby turned to Odin & Neptune & said can you ensure these two do not begin fighting.”

Loki, “I will help. I thought I was the only bad one. If you two do not behave the Empress may turn you in slugs or something.”

Oberon held his hand out, “Truce friend lets go & recover our daughter.”

Venetia’s shook his hand, “For years you have given me shelter. We all have to respect the authority of the Empress & therefore as far as I am concerned our petty squabble is over.”

Gaby turned the sceptre & they all found themselves in the Cemetery in Bavano. Oberon was the one to find the tomb.

Venetia’s, “Gaby the mini sceptre will open any lock.” The door of the tomb gave way & opened.

Gaby let the air Ventilate before they entered. Oberon & Venetia’s carried the coffin out & unscrew the lid. Ventura looked as if she was made of alabaster.

Neptune, “Is this the same area my daughter was found Gaby”

“Yes.”

“Well as we are all here. Perhaps it would be a good idea to inspect the other tombs.”

Gaby, “Lily, Starr, Candy & team.”

“While we sort this out can you all work your way around the others & see if there are any others here who warrant our help.”

Oberon, “She looks so peaceful.”

The fairy queen, “In the advanced state she is in only you could help her now.” Gaby pointed the sceptre into the air & a blue light shot out of it & hit the coffin.

Ventura Rubbed her eyes, “Mum, Dad & you are all here. Uncles you are here also.” She looked at Gaby & the mark on her wrist. “You have claimed me.”

Gaby, “I have adopted your daughter as my own.”

Ventura, “By this you have also made me yours also. My partner can anything be done for him?”

Gaby, “I am not sure but we can only try.” When they opened the coffin they found it empty. Lily called Gaby who closed the tomb again.

They all walked to where Lily was. “The only one we could find with any signal was this & it is like a multi story building.”

Oberon, “Even I can detect them.”

Amanda read the inscription, “This is the family tomb of the Capulet family.”

Gaby, “I have heard that surname before.” Gaby used the key to open all the doors at once. She then turned the beam on & it hit the tower. One by one the girls began to climb down from it. Eventually there were no more signals from the tower & the door was closed again.

One of the girls, “Mama Mia it is judgement day.”

Gaby, “Not quite but it is resurrection day for you. Can one of you please explain who you all are?”

One girl stood up, “I will try my best.”We are all descended from a lady some might call her a witch. When it became apparent we inherited some of her knowledge we are placed alive in the tomb. Any girl who shows the slightest inclination to magic is placed in the tomb.”

Gaby “By any chance is or was Verona your home?”

The girl, “It was for all of us but we can never return there.”

Gaby,” That is exactly what we are going to do. Who was the first to be placed here & when was it & who was the last & what was the date?”

The girl who had been speaking said, “I was the last & it was 30th June 1966. Since then there have been no others.”

One of the others, “I was placed here 30th June 1306.”

Gaby looked at her watch & said & today is 30th June 2006.” If I am correct then they will be bringing another unfortunate girl to be placed in here.”

As Gaby spoke they heard a procession coming closer. Gaby waves her hand & they all became invisible.

Gaby could see the one who was obviously the mother of the girl crying & pleading with the men to let her go. Gaby decided to intervene & her voice appeared to come from the tower. “People of Verona you come here to murder my children for this you will be eternally cursed.”

The mother & some of the women ran to the coffins & removed the lids & extracted the girls. As they climbed out of the coffins the girls & their mothers vanished one by one.

One of the men said, “We have managed to unleash 700 years of vengeance against the city.”

Gaby, “Return to Verona & sacrifice no more of my children. Soon I shall walk among you & judge you accordingly.” Gaby turned to the one who had been buried first. “Where any entombed in Verona.”

One of the mothers, “There is only the tomb of Desire in Verona all the others are men.”

Gaby, “We will be there long before they return”. “First I need your name & relationship to each other.”

Maddy typed their name into a computer & eventually all but one fitted together.”

The odd one. “I was unfortunate to be in Verona & objected to what was happening & found myself here. I am called Orial. I think you may be my cousin or something similar.”

Neptune looked at the girl, “Show us your wrist?” Orial turned it over. Gaby you have just acquired another mermaid as a partner.”

Orial turned to her father but did not recognise him. “I am a free spirit nobody but my father can give me away.”

Neptune, “You are wrong, All of you are now tied to the person that freed you.”

Ventura, “He is correct I was the first to be freed & I am bound.”

Neptune, “Orial for once in your life you will do as you are told or I will put you over my knee here & give you a good spanking.”

Orial curtsied, “I am sorry I did not show you due respect.” She turns to Neptune, “Papa put me over your knees for failing to show the Empress the respect she was due.”

Gaby, “Orial you will join your sisters & mine & become one of my partners.” Gaby noticed the others all kneeling.

“Your majesty we are not worthy of your attention.”

Gaby, “Oberon is Desire one of your daughters?”

Oberon, “No but she may be one of Violets missing daughters.”

Violet came, “Gaby my daughter’s name was something similar but not the same. I suppose it is possible that these are her offspring.”

Gaby, “First all change.” She waved her hand & all the new girls & their mothers found they were wearing white robes.

Gaby, “I need to find the Tomb of Desire.”

One of the ladies, “It is in the cathedral.” They all found themselves walking into the Cathedral. Their Gaby found & located the tomb. The Marble lid slid off.

Gaby. “Desire your Empress commands you appear before her. Desire appeared wearing the Gold & purple of her rank. She curtsied as Gaby closed the tomb once again.

Desire looked around and saw her mother. She looked at the girls in the white robes, “Somebody has quite a job to do to present all these.”

Violet, “That job falls to me, You & Galadriel.”

Desire, “I don't recognise Galadriel & I hardly recognised you mother. Your eyes gave you away.”

Erica was holding tight to Sophia, “Snowy is all of this because I took you to the stone circle?”

Sophia, “It is because The Empress found you she then found all these others.”

Erica, “Although my original mummy is back will you still sleep with me.”

Sophie, “If I know my mum we will continue doing everything together & you mum will begin to get younger until she also looks like a teenager.”

Ventura, “As the daughter of a queen I claim the privilege of asking the Empress for permission to choose a new mate.”

Gaby said, “Do you have the permission of your intended?”

Ventura. “That is the problem. All princesses have to have the permission of the Empress. I though want to join my sisters & be returned to the fold.”

Gaby. “You already bear my mark.”

Ventura, “Fathers' will you both give me to the Empress?”

Oberon, “I promised Gaby all my daughters.”

Venetia’s, “With the exception of one Gaby has all mine.”

“Yes we your Fathers will give you to the Empress for all eternity.”

Ventura, “My former husband is out there somewhere.”

Gaby, “If you magic has rubbed off on him he will eventually be found.”

Desire, “You have already accepted Orial & Ventura as your partners. Is there room for the daughter of Violet & her children?”

Gaby, “It can be hard work but also fun. If you & all your family wish to join us then you all are welcome.”

Galadriel, “Desire is there any books or implements that we should remove.”

Desire, “If they are still in the library of the Capulet then yes we should remove them.”

Daisy & Buttercup & family where detailed to go & find & remove any magical item. They returned with the books that where very dusty.

Daisy, “We found this apparently they used to use another site outside Verona. It is now full.”

Desire, “Can we all go there before they realise that we have been here.”

One of the old ladies, “It is not far from here about 300 meters.”

Gaby. “Led the way.” They soon found the correct tomb.

The door was opened & a light bounced into it blowing the top completely off the tomb. The blast also removed all the coffin lids. The girls all scrambled out. The blast was felt in the town, as was the debris as it fell on the town. Whilst they where there the tomb of Desire blew up in the church. Other than destroying the tomb there was little damage. The Tomb in Bavano also blew up all the debris from that also fell on Verona.

The mayor of Verona stated, “I told you all that it was stupid & that we would regret it. Had you listened to me then we would have sent any girls we suspected to this place & paid for them to stay permanently there. At least we would not be killing anybody. It could not be much worse if VERSUVIUS blew up & covering us and a large part of Italy. At least that is impossible but we should be prepared for the wrath of the Gods.”

A man came running into the town & shouted the Earthquake it has caused the dam to crack and it could go in any second. No sooner had everybody made for the higher area than the dam gave way a great wall of water rushed down the valley. There was no loss of life. Only one house was totally destroyed & that was the home of the Capulets. Everybody else found their houses survived although they where rather wet.

One of the men, “They are to blame for all our woes for centuries they have killed our children because they may be descended from a witch. Well we all are suffering we would have been better off living with a witch or two.”

The mayor, “You & I know the church would never permit us to let them continue to live here. I propose rather than kill your daughters if they show signs we send them to this place I have found about. We raise the money to keep them there by a local tax. This way they are safe & we are not incurring the wrath of the church or Desire.”

One of the locals, “We have to ensure future generations are not able to revoke the agreement or the tax”.

The Major, “This Company will charge us a one off fee per a person we send them. I have arranged for a chat with a director of the company. “Two days later the town decided they wanted to meet the directors of the company. They found that Gaby Darcie, Amanda, Maddy & Little Lily all appeared.

Gaby, “Our services are expensive but the very best.”

The mayor, “These are our children we are talking about & they must be kept safe but secure.”

Gaby, “I presume you still want to maintain contact with them.”

The mayor, “We got it wrong previously & have paid for it.”

Darcie, “If you can arrange for all the inhabitants of the town & surrounding area to come to the Municipal hall once yearly we can do test & remove all those you do not want.”

Gaby,” Our prices are in Sterling not Euros.”

The Mayor, “I will issue an order that everybody has to come to the football stadium on Sunday.” Sunday came & Gaby & her team began checking the entire town. They had got through most of the town before they came across the first girl. She was asked to wait in a side room. Her sisters & cousins all followed her in as did her mother & Aunts.

Gaby spoke to the mothers to find out where their husband where. The women looked sheepish & would not answer.

One of the girls, “With the exception of two of our brothers we are here & they shall return tonight looking for us. Our dads changed ages ago.”

Gaby, “So I am to take it you are all descended from Desire.”

One of the mothers, “Are you going to kill us like they did to our sisters.”

Gaby, “Did the men not tell you what happened in Bavano?”

The girl, “No only that. All those brave men were shaking like leaves as if the hounds of Hell were after them.”

One of the girls, “Pepe never left the toilet for the next three days. They did say they were all gone the girls & the mothers & sisters. We thought they had all been killed.” Gaby snapped her fingers & the other girls all came in.

For a moment the girls celebrated their friends’ release. One of the women recognised the last girl to be put into the casket. She looked at her & said, “These I can understand but you should have been dead for 40 years.”

“I am not sure how I came to survive but I do know who released me & the others. We all have to leave our home & go to a new home where we are wanted & loved. Verona though will be paying for a long time. Eventually they will decide they have no need to pay but a reminder from Desire will bring them to heel.”

The two brothers turned up looking for their family & they were also found to be positive. Gaby to the Mayor, “How do want to pay for our services? One off per a person or a yearly amount. I think you should come with me & see. These are all ones you need removing.”

The mayor, “I cannot sanction the removal of so many.”

Gaby. “You do not have to. All you have to do is pay us a yearly fee to keep them away & to run a heath check each year for you. Darcie here will arrange all the legal aspects but the money must be paid immediately & yearly at this date.”

Gaby noticed the sweat pouring from the Mayors head, “Are you OK.”

The Mayor said, “Nobody in the town realised there was so many descendants of Desire in the town.”

Gaby, “Next time we come in a year’s time we will check a larger area for you”. Little Lily had already swept the rest of Italy & knew there was no more.

Desire came to see Gaby, “What do intend to do with us?”

Gaby, “Well to be honest you with the help of & Violet & Galadriel have to present all of these.”

Desire. “All including the boys?”

Gaby, “By the end of the day there will only be girls here.” Gaby spoke to all that had been rescued, “I am going to have to ask you to sign these. They are authority for GB to sell your Houses & liquidise all your assets. By the end of the day there will be no trace left here of any of you. You will all return home with me. The remainder of your sisters & cousins & aunts are already preparing for you.”

One of the ladies, “We have some things at home we would like to take with us.”

Daisy, “Everything you want or need has already been moved. Just so that you can see it for yourselves we will go to your homes. The homes where completely empty & the gardens had been stripped bare. One of the women went to a corner of one of the gardens & began to dig with her hands.

Lily, “Are you looking for these.”

The Woman, “I am only the current Guardian of it. When the time is ready it must be handed to the true owner.”

Gaby handed the woman the box. “Do your duty.”

The woman took everything out of the box & placed it on herself. “Sisters this is the last time I wear this for tonight it once again must be passed on. Until that time I will continue to wear the regalia.”

Desire, “There is nothing here for us now. The rest of our family is long gone. The Empress has come to take us all home & we must obey. For some it is a new life in a strange country for others we are at long last returning home.”

Gaby, “Before we return home I have some friends to visit on an island.” All of them found they were on the island in Lake Majorie. Gaby walked into the church with the others following. The cardinal was just about to celebrate when they walked in.

“Your sisters I presume. Would you all like to take the host?” For some of them it had been a long time since they had taken it.”

Gaby, “My friends they are still here.”

The cardinal, “Yes. They were expecting you. Once you return home everything can get to normal again. The earthquake totally destroyed the tomb of one family. The strange thing is it also destroyed them on another two sites.”

A teenage boy was waiting by the door he bowed to Gaby. “Please take me with you. I have nothing to live for now. You saved my girl where I could not. They bound & gagged me & left me here. The old man & lady found me & freed me.”

Gaby, “Cardinal let him present the host to each of us. He has to be blindfolded & we will come up he has to decide if his true love is here is she is they will be married immediately.”

As the girls stepped forward he would say “No”, on one he said, “That is Conceta whom I used to go out with.”

Little Lily was monitoring, “Gaby he is reading their minds.” Eventually they got to his girlfriend.”

The boy, “Cardinal this is the girl I want to marry.”

The cardinal, “That may be but you have still the others to go through first.”

Gaby tapped the girl, “Go to the end of the queue.”

“That is Victoria my girlfriend’s mother.” She giggled. Eventually he got back to his girl friend.

He was puzzled for a minute. “Somebody is playing a joke on me or else my girlfriend has an identical sister in that case I will claim the two of you as I cannot tell the difference.” She removed the mask & kissed him.

The other two boys came, “If Romano is getting married then we are. We ask our Mother & Aunt for permission to marry our twin Cousins Letter & Leda.” All the boys found they were wearing Morning suits & the Girls Silk dresses.

Gaby, “Cardinal perform your duty.”

After the wedding the Cardinal, “You missed a couple you know. He led Gaby to a very ornate tomb.

“This is the last resting-place of Romeo & Juliet. “They lay eternally together & in death they are bound.”

Little Lily, “Their signal is hardly discernible at all but it still is there.”

Gaby, “Cardinal you are a friend. Otherwise I would not have permitted you to see.” The door of the tomb opened. “The houses of Capulet & Monteque have ceased to exist. The Feud had long since died. Romeo & Juliet awake from your slumber & return to your family.”

Juliet was the first out & then Romeo. Gaby closed the tomb again. The cardinal crossed himself.

Gaby, “There is one final wedding to take place that of Romeo & Juliet. The cardinal completed the wedding in record time. You do realise that eventually you will sit in Peter’s seat in Rome.”

When they all got outside Gaby said, “Tonight all four couples are booked into the hotel Aquileia in Lido Di Jeslo. In the morning after visiting Milan we return to home & for some of you a new beginning.”

One of the twins whispered something to Juliet & all four decided to share one large room. The girls kept the boys active all night. Eventually they all fell asleep in each other's arms. Romeo was the first to awake & realised he was under a pile of girls & there was no boy to be seen. He kissed Juliet who reciprocated. Gradually the others awoke.

One of the boys, “So it is true we change to girls & that is what happened to my brothers & father.”

One of the girls, “That may be but all four of you have managed to get us all pregnant.”

Romeo thought for a moment & said, “All eight of us.”

“Yes silly you as well in nine months we all will have twins.”

Romeo, “The shopping we have to do in Milan.”

One of the other girls said, “We all need our new uniforms & you all need complete wardrobes.”

Juliet, “They are not the only one all I have is what I got married in.” The was a knock at the door Juliet answered it. It was Little Rose.

“The Empress sent me with these for you all. I have been instructed to tell you to get dressed in these & leave everything in the room it will be taken care off. I hope it was not too much of a shock to you Romano. The twins where changing before we turned up & even if they had not got married they would have still been as they are, only not pregnant. The same with you. You for centuries have been united. Once awakened nature would take its course. The last one of you knew exactly what was going to happen as he has been reading all the girls minds. According to my sister & the Empress you are very good. The Empress though needs to attend to all your bruising & cuts.”

His wife, “Did we do all that to you?”

Rose, “No you did not do all that. It was because of you he got them. Switch the television to channel 8 & I will show you.” They watched the procession coming out of Verona with the girls all tied up. They watched as a solitary boy tried to prevent his girlfriend been taken. They saw him been beaten up & then taken across to the Island & dumped in front of the church. Two people came & released him & he set off to go to Bavano. He collapsed & was carried to a bed & there he lay until Gaby & the girls arrived. It was apparent that he was still weak from the beating.

His wife, “I did not see all this last night.”

Rose, “The Empress wanted his last night to be memorable. Now though before breakfast we must get you healed.”

Two of the girls supported him & they took him directly to the Empress. Her fingers glowed as she placed her hand on him, “We will have to think of new names for you four now.”

Juliet, “I am a direct descendant of Desire.”

Gaby. “Yes I know exactly what relationship you are. I have you all here.” Gaby brought the family tree up on the computer.

Juliet, “Empress can you show us your tree.”

Gaby, “I will do better than that & bring up all of our trees. Starting with Helen or Helena as she was sometimes called.

Juliet looked at the tree. “According to this every one of us regardless of our surname you rescued is related to you. Including the stranger the townspeople grabbed.”

Gaby. “That is my cousin Orial & along with Ventura will be married to me for all eternity.”

Juliet, “Would the Empress consider accepting all of us from the mighty Desire to the humble Juliet.”

Gaby, “Juliet, Desire's mother is already both my aunt & my partner. In truth though she tends to spend most of the time with her sisters. She has though given birth to my child. I defer to number one partner & the nine for a decision on this & I will abide by it.”

Juliet, “Maddy why.”

Maddy laughed, “It is a cop out on Gaby's part.” The Empress promised she would not take additional partners without my permission. She knows & I know she intends to accept you all regardless of whom or what you are. You are in for a few more changes yet.”

Juliet, “What sort of changes.”

Maddy, “Well your hair colour will change to Blonde.” “Your eyes will become blue like mine. You all will become younger again. Like me & the others you thought we were all teenagers. Some are very old but do not look it. If you eight want to stick together that is OK. Like all the others though you all will have to go to school. There are many things on the curriculum but languages, Computers, Magic are a must for all of you as is mother craft. You are also expected to swim & dance.”

Lake Como & Garda.

Desire, “Gaby I have conducted a roll call of those who should be here and several are still missing. If possible I would like to return to the lakes and check them all out as the missing ones must be nearby.”

Erica, “Gaby my daddy is still missing the coffin was empty. Snowy has promised to help me look for him.”

Gaby, “I take it you also wish to come with us Desire?”

“This is something I would not miss”

Gaby. “Who else wants to go?” There was quite a few hands went up.

Darcie, “There was a story of a Venetian treasure ship going down in Lake Garda. I wondered if we could use this for practise with the little ones.”

Ariel, “At least here we do not have to worry about sharks. Darcie booked them in the Duke of Savoy hotel. The hotel was impressive and had gardens down to the lake. Near the lake was a secluded boathouse. Gaby asked if they were allowed to swim.

The manager. “You can if you want although most people find it is far too cold. You can use the boathouse if you wish to change.”

The boathouse proved to be ideal for their swim. The manager, “These crazy English want to go swimming.” Mean while the children where all practising with their new motorised floats. Erica was the first to find a coffin and then so did several of the others. With the discovery a full-scale search of Garda was organised. Eventually all the coffins where removed to the boathouse.

Gaby, “Are these the missing ones or have we to search the other lakes?”

Desire, “Some are but others I do not know.”

Maddy pointed the scanner and lowered the setting. “It appears some of these have the same abilities as Starr It might be as well to recall her.” Starr looked and said yes some of these could be our sisters but they would harm nobody.”

Odin was watching and fuming. “Whoever did this shall pay?”

Gaby, “They will pay ok for tonight the coffins shall appear in the Town Square in Verona.

Elizabeth, “I am getting very week signals from Lake Como also. The search team went to Como and found more coffins.

Gaby, “I know we have been in Majorie but we did not search it thoroughly.” One more coffin was brought up from there. It looked brand new.

Erica looked, “That was my daddy. He looks like mummy now.”

Gaby, “Desire, Starr & Erica say the names please. As they did a blue light shot out of Gaby’s fingers and hit each coffin. As it did the occupants sat up and then got out.

Erica ran across to her dad. “You look like mummy now.”

“Where is your big sister Erica or at least I presume you are going by that?”

“Mum is safe & big sister has not been near. Aunt & uncle placed me in a children’s home. I think they wanted me dead.”

“They grabbed your mother and said Desire Walks. I was hit over the head and placed in the coffin. There was a storm as they crossed the lake they intended putting me in a different cemetery to your mother they said I was a changeling and that was where they went.”

Desire smiled, “I know where the others are then. They have been taken nearer to Venice.”

Gaby set the co-ordinates and the group found themselves in a graveyard. They found a man weeping over a grave. “I live up in the mountains and did not realise they had done this to him.”

Desire, “I am glad you are here because it will save us searching for you.”

“My Lady my family has served you through the generations and I am the last of my line.”

Gaby,” Kiss me and then Desire.”

The man gulped, “If I do that I will change like the others.” He knelt to the ground. “Mother I have been ordered to kiss Desire. If I do then I will be stone like my brother.” He heard a voice in his head. Unwittingly he said the words that came into his head. “Mistress Desire I cannot kiss you or any other female as I took a vow long ago. I live in the mountains for a reason. As a child my family served you. My mother insisted I be given to another. From that day only the Queen of Heaven can lay claim to me.”

Gaby smiled, “I have a job for you.” I require you to go to Verona and run down the street shouting Desire seeks vengeance for the hurting of her children. First though you shall see your family walk again.” Once again the blue light emanated from Gaby’s’ fingers. The man did not need a second telling to run down the main street in Verona and tell what he had seen. The town council at first thought he was mad and then they saw the coffins all lined up in the main street.

The Mayor, “Where else are the children of Desire buried.”

“Some went in the lakes but they were accidents. That included the English man.”

The mayor, “The last time she removed the house of Capulet from the town what will she do now.” As they spoke the very ground trembled and all the occupants fled to the Cathedral.

The priest was not much help as he said, “You have released all the fiends of hell on yourselves. You would not listen to me or the Mayor you all knew better. Be it god or gods it is obvious to me you have released them with your sacrifices. Now they come for your very souls.”

Bluebell was listening. “Gaby the priest terrified me let alone those simple towns’ people.”

There was another thunderous crack and they all fled the Cathedral to see coffins lining the streets. There was a notice written on the town cross. Take heed all who pass through this town it is cursed until the day all these coffins are filled with gold and silver. Then the curse will be lifted. The Towns people will pay for their and their ancestor’s crimes against my children. As each coffin was filled it vanished. The remaining inhabitants brought out all they had of value eventually three coffins were left.

Odin decided to send a thunderbolt. The Mayor said, “Obviously we have not yet paid for our crimes.”

The priest brought out all the church silver and said, you all will have to replace it eventually. Even then there was one left.

The mayor spoke to all the towns’ people. All we have left now is the Gold of the Mayors robes. I will wear them one last time and then they must go. He laid the robes in the coffin but there was still plenty of room to fill. The town’s people said, “We have no more we gave our all.”

The priest called the mayor over and spoke. My child takes your gown and put it on and wear your badge of office. Perhaps you can communicate with her. First take the host.” One of the girls from the village ran up to him and threw herself at him. They both fell into the coffin. There was a crack and it was gone.

The priest, “It appears they have accepted the final sacrifice or our mayor and his companion and now we have given our all.”

The girl got up and looked around. “Mama Maria protect me.”

The mayor, “You knew when you left me before I was a child of Desire.” The girl though put herself between the others and the Mayor.

Gaby pointed her finger at the coffin, “Grand father you may send a little reminder to the town each year the tribute is due. Now what to do with you as obviously you have chosen your mate. Unfortunately I cannot just send either of you back. You both came as part of the tribute.”

Desire, “Alicia is terrified but would fight to the death to save her mate.”

Gaby pointed her finger at the woman. “Alicia freeze. Now to see who your family really is.”

The mayor saw Gaby release silver strips from her wrists and ankles. “She will go crackers they have been with her from being a baby. I know because she was left with my mother and brought up as my sister.”

Gaby, “Unfreeze.” The woman knew immediately and looked at her wrists.

“Who has branded me? I am not like cattle or sheep to be branded.” She ran over to the Mayor, “Look what has been done to me.”

He bowed. “Nobody branded you. That mark was under the bracelet you wore from being a child.”

“As a child of Desire I must tell you eventually I will follow my brothers and father. There are those here far more powerful than Desire and you bear one of their brands. I must though request we be married soon for I do not know how much longer I have to live.”

Desire looked at the bracelets, “Mithral Silver.”

Galadriel examined the silver items. These came from from Mercury. Show me your wrist.”

The woman obeyed and Galadriel said, “Ah so you were not dead after all. Elizabeth here and show this miscreant your wrist.”

The girl looked at Elizabeth, “You look like me.”

Gaby, “Well aunt are you going to take this one as your child?

Little Lily came up, “It is obvious to us all that to all intents and purposed you already think of the Mayor as your mate. Do you wish to take Godfrey as your partner with all that it entails?”

A very quiet “Yes” emitted from her lips.

“You promise to love him for all eternity regardless of how he looks.”

“Yes”

Little Lily, “In that case you may kiss your partner. Godfrey looked around and saw the man who had run through Verona.

“You Godfrey were lucky not to see the dead rise from their graves like I did. To say I was terrified was an understatement. Even though I am promised and have been for a long time. I was still scared. Now I must join my family. He kneels in front of Gaby and then said, I thought Desire had freed herself but I was mistaken. Desire may be powerful but she has not got the anywhere near power that I saw. No mortal can do what I saw. The bible tells of similar happening like Lazarus walking out of his tomb. This time though it is not the Christ who walks the earth but the Queen of Heaven. I am still pure the only female who has touched me is my mother. I was promised to you long ago. Like my brothers I am changing and it will not be long before I join you my Queen.”

Alicia, “He is delirious and needs help.”

Gaby, “Actually he speaks the truth as did your partner.”

“If that is the truth then you must be who he said you are. I know a great secret but I need help. I was told you must tell this only to the Queen of the Seas by a very old man. Only she or her legions will be able to recover it. Under the island of the saint is a great cave and in there is a ship loaded with treasure.”

Gaby, “Aunt you will dive with us and we will search round the island.” First we go and visit some friends on the island.

The cardinal noticed their appearance, “Mistress I see you have returned again.”

Gaby, “The Madonna was not the only statue in the lake.”

The Cardinal, “I heard a coffin fell in the lake as it was being transported to its final resting place.”

Gaby, “That has been recovered already.”

“Ah mistress you finally have come for something else. I think if you dive in front of the church you should find what you seek. They are ready to return.”

Gaby looked at the empty alcoves, “She will always protect her own.” They found the entrance to the cave blocked by a rock fall. Gaby’s Trident appeared in her hands and she ordered everyone out of the water. There was a judder, which was felt all over Italy. When the others got back in the water as it was just beginning to clear. They could see a cave in front of them.

Alicia, “The old man told me correctly.”

Gaby. “We had better wait for darkness before they are restored.”

The cardinal spoke to his two companions. “We had best get a meal prepared for them. Did you do all that I asked?”

As darkness descended the statues were all brought to the surface. Maddy said, “They look like their counterparts.” Gaby pointed her finger at each of them as they floated to their alcove. She then touched the Madonna and like the nine sisters a blue light emanated from the Madonna to each of them. Even the Pope knew something had happened.

“Ah mistress you have restored them to their home. I have just taken a call from the Vatican the Pope intends to visit the island. Now the mother stone and these are restored. I will continue my search for my missing family. I have another task to perform though. The ship I will now recover.” The ship was immediately transported to the boathouse.

As Gaby was talking to the cardinal. Maddy, “It appears the Pope could not wait to get here as he is coming by helicopter.”

Little Lily, “The others have already taken their places.” Gaby appeared to vanish.

The Holy Father, “I had to come and see if it was true.”

“Come holiness they are home again. He looks at the statues and says you do realise you will be my successor for Peters seat.”

“That I have already been told.”

“You for some reason have become a chosen one. Unlike me you have seen the Madonna and her angels.”

“Holiness I cannot summand her but if we both pray she may make an appearance.”

The Pope kissed the statue, “It does not matter I will wait until I see Peter. As the Pope walked away the blue light flashed.

“Holiness they did that when they were installed.”

Gaby. “I have a job can you restore these to the Domo in Verona. Tell the Priest I cannot accept these and they are returned. I though expect the yearly tribute.”

“My friend John-Paul would have loved to see this day.”

Gaby “Give me your hand and you shall have a glimpse of my garden.”

The angel on the back door greeted Gaby who said, Go and fetch John-Paul and all those who sat on Peter’s seat.” Peter himself brought them to the garden.

John-Paul. “Old friend from here we can clearly see what has been restored. Never again will man try and move them they are now fully protected. You were promised a glimpse and now it is time to return as it is not your time yet.”

The Pope opened his eyes and he was back by the Madonna. He went and kissed each of the remaining statues and said, “I will be back at least once a year to repeat that and will insist that those who follow me do the same.

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos