Alex & Chris Chapter 42

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad
A Gaby fanfiction

Chapter 42 Merling Wood & Team Bond.

“Yes as this place is open to the public. Ariel & Lorelie supervise the water park. Some of the others are in the Hospital & Shopping complex. A few of our senior members are across in Scarborough where we now have a department store up and running called the Poshest of the posh.”

Alexis, “In addition to them we have a small group at Merlingwood Thornton in Craven. This group comprises of our Junior Cycle team and their parents.

Lydia, “I have heard of the German company who sponsored the ladies team & their British Champion Jenny Bond but I did not realise there was a British Junior team.”

“Well there is and would you be surprised to find out Jenny is the mother of several members including the Captain.”

“Gaby Bond is the team captain. Oh my god I saw her thrash some lads down in Dorset. I did not realise she was the daughter of the world champion.”

“Actually Lydia she is already junior world champions and had beaten many considerably more experienced of both sexes in Open races. She entered the Three Peaks race which requires you to carry the bike part of the way. She was the youngest to enter but came first. Gaby lives for riding and has her own support team. You will get to meet her soon when she enters the milk race.”

“Others entered including Jenny and the full German team. Lance Armstrong and the Bond-Peters team. This race has already attracted considerable attention. As mothers will be racing against daughters. Many of the media companies have already been making arrangements for getting the filming of the race.”

Lydia, “Well I have never seen Jenny race but she is going to have a hard job not to lose to Gaby. I would put everything I own on Gaby winning or coming a close second.”

“Baby what do you think?”

“Well Gabby could just pull it off if she does then Jenny will want to try and regain her crown.”

Over the next few weeks the underground rail system was greatly extended. The hobbits liked nothing better than digging and so they dug followed by the Fay builders. Every so often they had to put in air vents but they tried to use natural features. The digging got trickier when they approached Manchester. But they soon found a route to where they wanted to be. Alexis’s home in Skipton became the centre of the network and members could soon be transported where they needed to be rather quickly. Alexis was well aware of the tragedy that had transpired in London and the backlash that followed throughout Europe & the Americas.

As a result of the bombings many innocent Muslims now found themselves in concentration camps or being deported as undesirable aliens. Others had fled to Pakistan & India only to find they were not welcome although they were allowed to stay. As a result of the bombings many countries made it a crime to even be a Muslim. Many of the African countries decided they no longer want any Muslims residing in their county and drove them out. Saudi Arabia & the other Arab states took in many of the refugees and at the same time expelling westerners, American & Africans left those countries. Even between India & Pakistan there was a further exchange of populations. Both India & Pakistan gave the disputed territory of Kashmir its independence and many Sikhs from both countries went there. For a while it looked like there could be a major war but then sense prevailed. Saudi Arabia looked round and realised that although she was the Largest Arab state she was now the only Muslim one left. One of the benefits was that the dispute between Israel & the Palestinians was resolved as only the Christians remained. Initially Saudi Arabia thought it had a major bargaining chip with its oil wells and shut down production at the wells. Other states countered by increasing production and Saudi Arabia quickly realised she was been frozen out & If she was not careful only a handful of states would want her oil.

Saudi Arabia quickly realised she could soon be labelled a terrorist state like Iraq & Afghanistan and become subject to American vengeance. With this in mind the King of Saudi Arabia ordered the arrest of many individuals who had taken up residence in his country. The King spoke in Arabic and English to the World. “A few individuals by their actions have brought the world in which we live to the brink of war. I have no doubt that had it been started this would soon have been a nuclear wasteland. I have ordered my forces to route out all terrorists as this country will not be a sanctuary for them. As they have brought nothing but shame and sorrow I have no alternative but to try them by the law of the Koran. I invite all countries to watch as we deal with terrorists our way.” The world watched as beheading after beheading took place. Many of the reporters where physically sick with revolution.

Pakistan took the hint and the newly installed president Bluto ordered a similar trial in Pakistan. All clerics who were verbally uttering anything like death to the west where rounded up and executed. The remaining Muslim countries carried out similar purges. By the time they had finished only the moderate Muslims where left.

Alexis watched but did not intervene. “Why did you not help Alexis?”

“I cannot be seen to favour one side over the other.” They have all done what was needed although they should have done it long ago and then it would not have been as drastic. It was no different to the Gulls attacking like they did. It was with great regret I had to order their destruction.

Likewise the governments concerned have had to search their hearts and do what was required. In a few weeks you will notice a great change as the leaders of the remaining Muslim countries; Christian countries & Jews all come together. Now we have a re-enactment to plan and Gaby has a bike race to win.

"Linda & Linze how are preparations going?”

“We have coach laid on for Sherwood Foresters in addition we have had a telephone call from America. Apparently Gaby's American Team also wants to be here for the race. With this in mind we have arranged accommodation for the girls and a direct flight to the New Lady Anne Airport.”

Yellow, “Sister we are also getting lots of flights bringing home our people. The Hobbits and Fay builders are enjoying themselves making more new homes. While we could not get the men who form the group of re-enactors for the Clifford White coats we have gone one better. We have Battalions of Fay archers & Riders all of whom were at the real battle. We have also restored the castle to what it looked like prior to the siege.”

Alexis, “Remember this is a re-enactment and not a real battle.”

“Empress do we need to provide the enemy or will somebody else provide them?”

“We have been lucky to get the Roundhead re-enactors of General Lambert's Regiment.”

The eyes of the army lit up and one of the Fays spoke. “We can still beat them even if it is a re-enactment.”

Alexis looked at the Fay, “Why do I feel this is one re enactment that will not go the same as the original siege.”

“Empress you are not going to tell us we have to lose again are you?”

Alexis looked at this outspoken Fay, “You can play the part of Sir Edward Mallory the governor of the castle.”

“Yes Madame and we will not fail you this time. We intend to prove we can overcome our ancient enemy.”

“Now how about the stands and costs?”

Linzee spoke up.” “Yes we have the stands and we have a full evening of entertainment. If the re-enactment is true to form then we know where all the enemy guns will be placed. We need to capture these guns. And if possible take some prisoners. Now we have to decide who wins in the bike race.”

Baby, “The race is the greatest wish for one young lady who loves and respects her mother, but still wants to beat her and so if I am correct Gaby & Maddy will both give their all in the race. Jenny will have an incredibly hard time defending her title against her daughters.”

Back at Merlingwood

Gaby & friends had discovered the old disused quarry behind their home.
Ally, “Gaby this could make a great circuit if we can get it sorted out.”

“Yes you are correct if we could perhaps persuade some of the Hobbits to help us.”

Saskia who was near, “What do you want Hobbits for?”

“We thought this would make a great race track and training area if we could tidy the area up a little.”

“I agree but it is Fay builders you need. Why do you not go for your lunch and when you come back bring your bikes and Jenny and then we will talk about it.”

At tea Gaby said, “Mum we have discovered an old quarry that would make a great circuit area for us to train.”

Jenny, “We will come with you and look it over after we all have eaten.” It was obvious to all the adults the youngsters had found something of real value.

Carol, “Well we own it so there will be no problem clearing it and making it a practise area. Before long the group had finished their meal and had cleared all the crockery away.”

The youngsters returned with the parents. Jenny looked around and said, “It looks like it has already been prepared for us to practise.” Jenny looked at the semicircle that the rock face formed.

Saskia “Is this okay or do you require more work.”

Jenny, “The surface is fine. I was thinking that we have a natural Arena with the rock face and it would not take much to clear the shrubs and put seating in.”

Saskia, “While you all are practising I will sort that out. But first I would like you all to see this.”

Carol, “That would make an ideal swimming area.”

“When I first saw it I called for expert advice.”

Lorelie & Ariel said, “Hello all we have been inspecting the water and decided it will not take long to clean up and then it be incorporated into the arena. We will arrange to drain it so the Fay builders can get to work.”

Gaby, This move we did is great. We now will have our own sports arena & Swimming Pool.”

Maddy, “I wonder how long it will take them to complete it.”

“Well Alexis will not allow them to use magic to construct building works but I do understand they are allowed to take a potion that makes them work faster.”

Carol said, Jenny I am going back for my bike and then I better start practising as well”. Jenny set the girls off in pairs and timed them. Maddy & Gaby raced each other after their initial warm-up ride. Carol came back with a bike and a visitor.

Gaby, “John what are you doing here?”

“Well I came to see if team GB wanted to come on a training ride but by the look of it you have almost all the facilities you need here. Do you mind if I ask some friends to come here and ride with you?”

Jenny, “More the merrier and Gaby will work harder if she has some decent opposition.”

Several mini vans with bikes on pulled up in the courtyard at Merlingwood.” Saskia was waiting, “Have you come for the race track? Building work is going on with the arena but that should not affect you.”

“John I thought you said about a training Run?”

“I did but this will do nicely.” The others had a cycle round the course.
“Jenny this is brilliant trust you to have an arena in the grounds of your home.”

“It is not completed yet but when it is I expect it will have all the amenities an arena should have. Gaby would you like to rest while these have a warm up and then we will race young against old.”

Jules sneaked away and used the telephone. Hello this is Jules I have to ask you all to get here as fast as you can. Gaby and the team need some support she is practising with team GB.”

“Ok Jules we will be there as soon as we can in full support gear.”

Jules saw Endora, “I presume you would like full catering services as well.”

Gaby and the others sat out for an hour and a half and then John said, “We are taking a short break and then it will be team Gaby Bond against team GB.

Kat, “Cool I get to race against Gaby’s mother but mine will be missing out.”

John laughed, “I think you could have her as a guest member today.”
All too soon the riders where on the starting line. They were off and team GB where well into the lead. Gaby then noticed her cheerleaders where there and that did it. Maddy & Gaby where off they passed most of the team members and then caught up with Jenny & Carol. The cheering got louder and as the cheering increased so did Gaby’s pace. Maddy was struggling to keep up but she just managed it. On to the final lap and they where well in the lead.

“I cannot believe we have just pounded mums team like that.” Jenny came in third. After her daughters. The cheering was reverberating around the arena. Gaby looked around and realised she had an audience. Chanting was coming from the stands Go Gaby, Go Gaby, Go Gaby. With that Gaby cycled round one more time holding her hand up high.“

A voice spoke, “Congratulations Gaby on a ride well executed.”

Jenny took the microphone and spoke. It looks as if I will have to continue riding for a while as my daughters are after my title.” “Being the junior world champion is not enough for Gabriel she wants my title as well.”

John, “Well done we were just coming for a ride out.”

The men captain came across, “Jenny your daughters are something to be proud of they beat me hands down & I want to challenge them again.”

Gaby, “Well at the moment we have no races at weekends so until we have would you like to make it a regular event here?”

The teams looked at Jenny, “Well you are supposed to be training together but I did not expect that to be at our home.”

John, “It looks like we have had quite an audience. We could do with this team of builders for the Commonwealth games arena. Manchester has run into problems with the current builders.”

Jenny, “They are a much specialised team and I do not know if they will be allowed to work for you. I can ask though if they can help out although the final decision will be nothing to do with me.”

As they spoke a voice spoke, “Can first, second and third come to the podium please.” Baby was waiting. “Congratulation Gaby on winning the first Fay Cycle race. Jenny you have nothing to be ashamed of as all first six places where take by your family.”

John came across, “Excuse me but are you responsible for the builders.”

Baby giggled, “Not exactly but your request to Jenny has already been noted and action taken.”

Gaby, “John this is Baby and she is the main sponsor of team Gaby Bond.”

The Captain, “We have been making arrangements for us to train here with Gaby.”

“Is there anything else you might need?”

John, “Well this track is level and can be utilised like a race track. In Manchester we have a full Gymnasium and medical assessment teams.”

Baby, “Oh is that all. I better show you what this can do.” She pressed a button and a new floor came into place. “Would this suit you all better?”

Gaby said, “This is like the Veladrome at Manchester.”

Baby laughed, “My team only gets the best. Come look at this.”

Jenny looked round, “It is better equipped than our national team’s gymnasium. Full medical assessments can be carried out here. Oh and we have a little swimming pool as well in case Gaby decides to enter a triathlon.”

John looked at the pool, “Remind me to bring my trunks next time as I love swimming.”

Meanwhile Gaby was chatting away with her former school friends. “No wonder you moved I would love to live somewhere like this.”

The game teacher who had brought the girls up spoke. “Would we be allowed to pitch tents here and then we can spend all weekend with you?”

Endora, “We have accommodation for all of you if you are training all weekend. Likewise catering has already been taken care of.”

John, “Actually I was going to tell Jenny the Cycling federation have decided to make two days of cycling in Skipton the world Championship Race. Not only will you have all these but riders from all round the globe.”

Gaby's eyes lit up, “In that case I need all the practise I can get.”

Jenny looked at the timings, “I did a personal best today.”

John, “All three of you broke, British, Commonwealth & Olympic records.”

Kat, “This is our home so do we qualify as locals.”

John checked, “There are prizes for first local female and male & First local Junior home. Then there are prizes for first home and first female and first junior.”

Gaby said, “When is the actual race John?”

“23rd-24rd July 2008.”

“That does not give us all long to train.”

Jules, “Oh I forgot to tell you your reserve cheerleading team will be here by then as well.”

The British captain, “Well I for one am off to William Hills bookmakers and placing a bet on Gaby winning.”

This caused some laughter among the others.

“I hope you have plenty of room Gabriel as you could collect a lot of silverware in that Race.”

John, “Gabriel you have already beaten some of the best in the world. You showed what you could do back in America with only a small support team. The Ambassador was over the moon with your performance.”

Gaby looked at Kat, “John this is my friend Kat. To others she is known as Princess Katrina of Bavaria.”

John bowed, “No wonder you have all these facilities.”

Kat, “Actually uncle has nothing to do with them. Please call me Kat like the others do as it gets embarrassing with all that bowing & curtsying.”

Gaby, “We have an invitation to take team Bond Peters to Newswanstein in Bavaria in September and stay with Kats Uncle.”

John, “I think the Germans are going to love you as much as they love your mother.”

Kat, “Correction we are Bavarians from the Kingdom of Bavaria not Germans.”

“Sorry your Highness.”

“I instructed you to call me Kat not Princess or Your Highness.” Gaby chuckled as John was told off.

Draco put in an appearance and said, “I understand you have a problem with the construction site for the Commonwealth games.”

“Yes several of the firms have gone bankrupt who won tenders and now it look like we will have to find alternative sites as some facilities will not be built on time.”

“In that case if you can come to this address with full details we may be able to help.”

“We only have two years to complete the complex.”

The following morning John turned up with several officials. John tells us your company can complete the complex on time.”

Draco called in Saskia who looked at the plans and said, “These plans have faults in them that will need correcting. I could call our teams off other projects to complete this.”

Saskia returned a few minutes later with revised plans, “This is what we are willing to do and will come in on budget.”

The men looked at the revised plans, “This is what we wanted originally but we were told constantly nobody could do it on budget.”

Draco, “If Saskia says it will come in on budget it will.”

The men looked at each other, “If we hand you the entire contract when can you start?”

Draco, “Once you sign my team will start immediately.”

John, “If you have any doubts I could show you some of their work.”

“Yes please John as normally this is not a company we have dealt with previously.”

John rang Gaby. “Is it ok with you if I bring a few guests round to see the construction.”

Gaby, “I am having some friends for a few swimming sessions but you are still welcome.”

John arrived with Draco and the Commonwealth committee. “This is a marvellous facility John.” John led the men to the swimming pool.

“Full-size Olympic pool with deep diving pool.”

“Well sir if your company can do work to this standard then you have my vote. Err do you mind if we stop and watch the girls race?”

One of the men was timing them with his watch. “I recognise that young lady as Jenny Bonds daughter.”

Draco, “That is correct this is her home and training facilities.”

“The other girls are they all British?”

Draco, “Not all of them but they all live here or close-by.”

Two of the men were getting excited. “They are all faster than any of the top Olympic swimmers.”

Draco said, “Come with me and I will introduce you. Ariel this is Sir Basil Basset of the British Olympic swimming team.”

“Pleased to meet you sir. Do you like our little Pool?”

“Yes it is very nice in fact we are going to give this gentleman the contract to build something similar.”

“Oh Great we like pools of this size as we can get a decent swim.”

“Yes we happened to notice you practising with the Bond Girls.”

“Oh Gaby is not as fast as us yet but she will be soon once she gets her practise in.”

“I must say I have never seen anybody race in costumes like those before.”

“I will tell you a secret myself and some of the girls suffer from an allergy and so have to wear full-body suits. We have these made to fit each of us exactly.”

“So if I was to ask you to swim for our team you would need similar.”

“Ariel blew her whistle, “Medley Breaststroke, Butterfly, Backstroke and Freestyle.”

All six of the men looked at the timing on the wall. “Basil the whole lot are far superior to anything we have. How many of the girls were born in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man or Channel Isles?”

Ariel, “Not us we were born on Cyprus so that lets us out.”

“Actually it does not as it is a British Protectorate.”

Neptune put in an appearance. “Father these men where wanting us to swim for their country.”

“Have you told then you have an affliction and can only swim in those
costumes.”

“Sir if your daughters are willing to swim for us we will have similar costumes made in Red white and Blue.” Saskia brought some samples out. “Similar to these would they be ok?”

“For the Commonwealth games you would all swim for your country.”
Ariel, “I would rather swim for England than Cyprus.”

One of the men looked at Neptune, “Did you serve in the Navy sir?

“Oh yes you could say I was having a maritime adventure when they were born.” This brought a fit of giggles. “I was born in Ebor.”

“In that case we will have no problem in any of your daughters swimming in our team as you are English. Miss Gabriel Bond I recognise you from your photos. I was in Washington when you pounded the opposition. I see you have a Royal companion. Princess we would have asked you to swim but as you are Bavarian.”

Kat giggled, “I will be having to look after Gaby and ensuring she is fit to race in the Games." “I will with my mother though be competing in the world championship cycle race.”

“Sorry princess we have got distracted from our original purpose which was to see if the company that built this could complete the new sports complex and accommodation for us.”

Draco, “Time wise it depends what had been done and what has to be redone to our standard but we can easily complete it on time & perhaps with some to spare. We will ask for payment once all building work has been completed. I trust you all enough to see we get paid once the contract is fulfilled.”

Saskia, “While we are on with contracts would you like to sign up for some costumes like ours for the swimming team? They could come here and be fitted and then try the pool once they are fitted.”

“Okay young lady you are quite a sales person.”

Saskia, “They tend to cut down the drag factor when swimming by about 10%. Tell you what bring the entire team this coming weekend and I will have them all fitted and checked over. Saturday they can swim in their normal team strip and Sunday in their new strip.”

Draco, “Saskia my Daughter Alexis may want to be here then to supervise the fitting of the costumes as each is individually made for the person concerned.”
As he was speaking Draco heard some little voices say, “Hello Grandpa we have come to meet your friends.”

Alexis held her hand out, “They wanted to try the new facility.”

“Even your little ones wear the same costumes.”

Alexis, “They were developed for the ones with the affliction but now we all wear them.”

The men were not taking much notice initially and then one of them said, “Bloody Hell. Have you seen how fast those little ones can go they are like torpedoes?” As they were watching Gaby and friends all took to the water.

Alexis, “Well gentlemen it looks like we are in for several races.”

The klaxon sounded and the first group set off as they neared the opposite side it sounded again. At 30-second intervals the klaxon continued to sound. “They are all being set off every 30 seconds.”

“Yes that is correct.”

“Your children must be doing something correct as the times beat many of our best swimmers.”

Draco, “You could almost say they are water babies.”

Astrid came bouncing out or the water and came across to where the men
were sat, “Did you enjoy our little race I was a bit slow today? Gaby and team are improving and we will soon have them to our standard. Aunt Atlanta is going to put the team through their running paces. Do you want to watch they have to run a mile around the track?”

“You are training them to do a triathlon.”

“Not exactly for a triathlon just to build their leg muscles up. Gabriel and friends also take dancing, as do all the girls here. Gabriel is just a little better on the bikes while Ariel & Lorelie are better swimming.

“That young lady could take on the best of the men & probably still win.”

Astrid,” No aunt would not race men as if they lose they throw things at her. Luckily the men did not notice Astrid’s slip up.

“Your Aunt deserves her name. Her parents must have known what she was going to be like, to name her after one of the old gods. Atlanta was one of the ancient gods or a daughter of the gods. Like the other two their parents must have been in to ancient mythology. That reminds me Mr Draco we signed the building contract, but do you know of anybody who can decorate the arenas & stadiums like those of ancient Greece and Rome. We want to give the impression it is fit for the ancient Gods.”

Alexis chuckled. “Yes we know an expert or two on those ancient countries. I take it we will have a separate budget for decoration? Come with me. I can show you something similar to what can be done if you wish.” The men followed Alexis to an underground station and boarded a train. “It gets too busy on the main road so normally I use the underground service between my homes.” Within five minutes they where disembarking. “This is what we wanted to show you. It is dedicated to the mother of the gods.”

As they were talking Endora walked in, “Alexis you did not tell me we had guests.”

“These gentlemen would like the new sports complex to be decorated in an authentic Greek-Roman style that would be fit for the ancient Gods.”

“Well it is a bit short notice but I think we can help you out. I am afraid I will have to use family members as the models for the statues. Other than that I will get it as authentic as I can.”

“The Old Gentleman who was supervising the swimmers could you ask him nicely if he will be your model for King Neptune. Likewise Mr Draco would make a good Jupiter or Zeus.”

“Gentlemen your requests will not come cheap. I will have a considerable amount of work to do.”

“Alexis would it be possible to build us an underground railway from the Airport to the accommodation and stadiums.”

“It would but that would be extra as it was not in the initial specifications.”

As they were talking one of the men took a phone call it was security on the Building site. “Boss new builders have started working on the site and it is fantastic to watch them and the speed they are working at. If they continue at this rate they will certainly be finished ahead of time.”

“Alexis your father are certainly a gentleman of his word as the building team has already started work. Alexis we will lay all our cards on the table this is the total budget we have to cover everything Medals, Building, Catering, Transport, & Housekeeping. We had built in an overspend on the building work and with the problems we have had with the builders that ate into the budget for other things.”

“How about selling me the entire site and I develop it to what you originally wanted. In addition I will run all the catering, security & housekeeping for the Games. You will get a total package deal. Each year for seven years you will pay into a special account this amount. Starting this year at the end of the seventh year the facilities will be totally yours and I will have no further interest in them. Up till the seven years are up I will share the profits with you. After the seven years are up you will have to find your own staff and run the complex yourself.”

“Alexis forgive me if I appear dense but. This appears to be basically a rental purchase with a profit sharing scheme.”

“To put it bluntly you cannot afford to do all you promised the selection Committee. This way there will be no shortcuts and everything you planned plus more will be delivered. In addition you will have one of the finest sports arenas in the country without having to borrow to get what you want. I see you are all wondering what will happen if this goes over budget? It will not but if it did that would be my concern not yours. The price I wrote down will not alter that is fixed.”

“So by 2012 we will own and have to staff the complex ourselves.”

“Correct Gentlemen & before that date I expect I will be called in to rescue another venture.”

Two on the Committee looked rather sheepish, “We know that tenders are due to go out for that contract & we could put you on our list of preferred bidders.”

“I prefer to work on one project at a time but should you run in to problems then I would be willing to help you out.”

“Well we know the site is being cleared and it has to have a full archaeological survey before the work can start. It will be a year before the actual work could officially begin possibly longer.”

“Ok gentlemen I will put a tender in and that will be to run everything. I could if the British Olympic committee also come to the same or similar arrangement as I have with you for the Commonwealth games.”

"Alexis would that would be based on when the actual work started.”

Alexis, “In that case you are silly putting the contracts out when all the preparatory work has not been done. Costs can escalate considerably in that time. Tell you what gentlemen if you give me a call when the archaeologists have finished I might consider it. By then the Manchester project will be completed or nearing completion.”

After a few phone calls the date of the tenders was delayed. A letter went out to those tendering that because of archaeological work the start date had been delayed by a year. Several of the firms asked for their bids back and said they would have to revise their costing for the new start date. Some decided not to re-tender.

After the men had left Alexis, “Well I suppose we had better get on with our preparations for the race and other events that have been planned. Now before I do that can somebody please tell me who authorised a fully equipped sports complex for Gaby and team?”

Saskia, “Well nobody actually. Gaby was with the others and came across the old quarry and said, it would make a great Arena if we can get it cleared and tided up. Her supporter’s team decided they would tidy the area up and before you could say Gaby there was a fully equipped arena for the team to use.
Similar with the pool. Ariel’s advice was asked about clearing the quarry pool of debris & Uncle Neptune became involved and hey presto we have an Olympic sized pool with all facilities we need. The hobbits where getting rather bored so they decided to construct the underground to here.”

“I suppose Grandma just happened to have a few models of Ancient gods lying around to decorate the area as well.”

Titania & Tatiana, “The actual cost was minimal. We all gave our time and energy and did our own thing. It also gives us a good excuse to visit Gaby.”

“Ok I get the picture nobody actually authorised it. It was a present from you all to show your support to our team.”

Baby, “Actually Uncle Neptune authorised the pool and Poseidon all the equipment.”

Draco, “Alexis you know jolly well your entire people will be rooting for our team and the Junior Champion in particular. Gaby has not received payment & those who could not help contributed to the overall costs. Gaby and the team have training facilities that even our best athletes could only dream about.”

John came back, “Sorry for springing them on you. I came back to double check everything. I also wanted to ask a few questions about your works foreman. I think I may have met him previously. Also I need to talk to you about Drew\Gaby.”

“Do you believe in magic because I do? I believe Drew has been enchanted. No normal human could be a boy and then become a girl unless some magic was involved. Also everyone but me appears to have forgotten Drew ever existed. I have even checked all the records and they all say that Jenny had twin daughters Gabriel and Madeline. Look I am going to break a promise I made long ago. I have seen real magic not the illusions you see at the theatre. It is out there and I believe Drew like me is a victim.”

“John why do you think you are a victim?”

“Alexis this has to go no further as I now have a new home. Back in 1645 I was due to fight with the Scottish army for our king. In a way my farewell kiss brought me luck. The Laird saw me kiss his yellow haired daughter and bang I woke up in the 1990,s in a cycle shop. The Laird could do real magic. In a way his wrath protected me as all my clan mates were killed in the great battle. I realise you think I am crackers but since arriving I have never aged a day. I often wonder what happened to the Laird and his daughter. I hope his magic protected them like it did me. I do have a problem though & I think the same magic that infected Drew has had a similar effect on me.”

Alexis, “John do you mind if the team’s consultant checks you over. I also need further details of when you were born and where.”

“That is easy I was born the only son of Robert & Flora McDonald of McDonald. I was born August 9th 1620.”

Alexis called Draco, “Not guilty Alexis until today I had never met John.”

Alexis, “John I believe every word of yours & I also believe my father Draco.”

John’s face paled “Oh my god I have gone and told the very ones I was told never to tell. She told me her brother Draco was very protective where she was concerned and woe to any man found with her.”

Draco, “I presume you kissed my sister & did you like it?”

“Sir I was in love with your sister and would have married her if I had not been transported to the future. I was confused with her though as some times her hair had blue streaks and other times green streaks.

Alexis, “John I promise no harm will come to you & my father lord Draco will see to that. I do need you to go for a full medical & by the time you get back to me I will have the report. As to your fiancée I think that can be sorted out quite easy.”

Helen did the medical, “He is quite advanced & it looks like he has been infected by more than one source.”

“Tell everyone I want to see them in the throne room in 30 minutes in full regalia. Saskia can you bring John in?”

“You all may wonder why I summands you all here today. Information has come to me that inform me at least two of our number has had an affair with a human. This was some time ago and both the culprits may have forgotten their dalliance. Apparently their father found one of them about to kiss the young John McDonald of McDonald and immediately banished him. John was telling me because he thought Gaby had been enchanted and was concerned for Gaby's well being.”

John was brought in and he looked at Alexis. Alexis, “Draco you thought you knew the culprits. Will this narrow down the results? John I have something to tell you. No wonder the girls warned you not to tell Draco. You apparently went with all of his sisters and never realised other than the different tints in their hair. Had things gone to plan you would have been mate to the one you proposed too?”

“John McDonald of McDonald only son of supreme clan chief Robert McDonald of McDonald my people owe you an apology.”

“No Alexis or whatever your name is. Lord Draco came to warn my father not to get involved with the uprising. My father always was pig headed and led our people to the slaughter that was Culloden. I failed in my duty as I was cavorting with my girlfriend or apparent girlfriend.”

Alexis, “John have you any idea who I am?”

“I was not sure but now I know the tales of my old nurse are true. According to the welsh Celts Lord Draco ruled the dragon people who I took to mean Vikings. You are his daughter but obviously command him and all the others. You also did not flinch when I mentioned magic. So obviously you must be used to it. The doctor has informed you I have been infected many times over. That means that I have had to be in regular contact with magic beings. I presume something similar happened to Drew.”

“John your father saved Endora’s life & it was with great sadness she could not save his life although she tried. As for you it was not your fiancées father who brought you to the future, but those whose love you shared. What I have to do is claim your estates as clan chief of McDonald of McDonald. I want you to name your successor as Johanna McDonald of McDonald.”

“But I am not married nor have any children.”

“John do not question just do as I ask.” John signed all the documents laid before him.

“John I can see you are still wondering about Gaby. I promise none of us would do anything to harm her. In fact should anybody try to harm her they are in for a very nasty shock? My grandfather and brothers do not take lightly to anybody doing harm to family members. Like Gaby you have been under observation for some time. Nobody would have done anything without your permission. Endora might not have been able to save the father but she could the son.”

John’s mind went back to his childhood and his old nurse. “John this is very important, sometime in the future you may meet the Queen of Queens. The Golden Queen of all do not anger her least you have a death wish.”

John was thinking aloud. “Alexis Queen of Queens the Golden Queen ruler of all.”

Alexis was still smiling. “Sorry Alexis I was thinking of my old nurse and those words came into my head. I still have the ring I was going to give my fiancée but it will be off little use now. I am becoming as female as the girls I once kissed and then there will be no John left.”

“No but there will be Johanna. John there is no reason why you cannot continue you’re cycling duties. However there is one thing I MUST insist on. You must select a companion from those in this room.”

John once again thought of his old nurse. “If I have to select partner then can I ask you to put a scarf around my eyes and ears so I cannot see or hear any of you. Also will all those eligible please stand in the centre and will one of the little ones guide me round.”

John found he had a little hand leading him around. He was led round the circle three times and then heard his nurse’s voice. John remembers how you played this before. Make sure you choose the correct one and your choice is binding. Several times John stopped, “I would have loved to have you as a partner but I must choose only one.” Eventually he stopped, “I know I have made the correct choice because I can feel your love. The others I could feel the pull from them but it was stronger from you.” As the blindfold was removed John heard giggling.

Alexis, “Would all those John selected step forward.”

John, “Am I allowed to kiss them all?”

“John the damage is already done so the answer is in the affirmative.”
First was green, “Ah your kisses are like a field of hay but you are not the one I selected.” Blue was next. “Your kisses are cold like the deep ocean.” Next was Brown. “You have an earthy taste.”

Some of the others said, “We have never heard their kisses described that way. It was then Reds turn. Once was not enough for John, “You are the closest so far, but your fire is not as intense as the one I selected. I could have easily chosen you do you mind if we do that again.” The next was Yellow, “Well you are not one of the originals but your kiss has slightly more fire than the other lady.” After kissing her several more times to make sure Johns said, “Sorry you are very close, but not the one I selected.” John looked down the row, “Alexis one of those I selected is missing. Each one of you has a distinct taste & none of these is quite correct.”

“John close your eyes now kiss the one in front of you.”

“Yes that is the one I will marry if I have to be married.”

Draco chuckled, “Keep your eyes closed are you certain this is the one you want.”

“Lord Draco I am certain.”

“Which ever of your sisters this is I ask your permission.”

Draco turned to Chris, “What do you think should John be allowed his choice?”

“A little voice piped up I think he should he has been looking after Gaby and he is a great favourite with your sisters and daughters.”

John started quaking please tell me I did not select your daughter lord Draco.
“You chose two of my daughters Yellow and her Golden sister.”

Alexis. “John they are teasing you. As I said before your choice was binding on all parties, my aunts already knew what the choice would be. You are the first who is still male who has asked to be my companion. As such our wedding invitations better go out immediately while you are still male.”

Endora, “That has already been done. All living members of Clan McDonald have been invited to the wedding. As for Lord Draco’s family we are all here or will be shortly when the rest of the males arrive.”

Neptune arrived, “So you are the son of the McDonald who saved Endora's life. Pleased to meet you John. Sorry we have not been introduced just call me Uncle Neptune the rest do or grandfather. Have you kissed our Alexis yet?”

“Sir I am in a bit of a pickle because I managed to kiss all your sisters and your mother & Gaby. Not to mention Yellow and Alexis.”

Neptune cracked out laughing, “You better do the same with the rest. Especially this little one she does not like been left out.”

John picked her up, “You are the one who led me round the others. I had better kiss you also.” As John did he looked puzzled.

Neptune. Something wrong John?”

“I could not tell the difference between Astrid and Alexis it is as if they are the same person.”

Neptune, “Alison, Jade & the three remaining little ones please. John kiss each in turn and tell me honestly what you taste.”

John did as instructed, “They are all Alexis.”

“Now tell us what you taste.”

“A very strong fishy taste with a mixture of Honey.”

Endora positioned herself at the bottom of the line. “I would know my nanny even if I was blind as I soon learned to recognise her smell. Lord Neptune I presume the others you had me kiss where your daughters.”

“Yes they where and I bet none of them ever realised somebody could detect them by their kiss. As for the others Alison & Jade like yellow are Alexi’s sisters but slightly closer. The four little ones are Alexis’s children. To be more precise Alexis clones. I was surprised you could detect the difference with Yellow. As time goes on I doubt that even you will be able to tell the difference. Yellow has only recently been united with her sister. What I doubt though is that any of them will have told you, is that you do not just get Alexis you get the total package. Alexis and all her companion of which you will be one shortly.”

John thought for a moment, “I am not just growing female attributes am I. That was what the rush was to get me married officially. Will I ever have children?”

Neptune looked at John, “John will not but Johanna may well have many children.”

Endora, “John you where never masculine as a child. Why do you think your father allowed his only son to stay with me when he went to battle? He knew if the worse came to the worse I could disguise you as a maid and escape. I did not count on you courting the girls or them having their own escape plan.”

Red came across, “We all truly loved you and did not want you to come to harm. We always thought of you as our little sister. Shortly that is what you will be and like us all companions of Alexis. I would not rush to find out how to have a child to many of your older sisters are already with child and may need your help. As for your job you will find it continues just as normally. Nobody will notice you have changed from male to female.”

“I did with Gaby.”

“Only those very close to you will ever know.”

“I take it you have not kissed anybody since arriving in the 1990s?”

“To be honest other than Gaby when she won a race. I have kissed only one other girl. She worked with me for a while and for a short time I thought we might be an item. She got called away for other duties and we somehow went on different routes. We did kiss quite a bit she was like peppermint. Alexis is she already here because she always wore a ring like that?”

Alexis, “John what name did she give you?”

“Elvira or was it Evita. She said it meant morning star in another language. If she is here will I be allowed to be her friend.”

“Grandmothers can you both take over and interview the next person as I have an important guest to deal with.”

Morning star appeared in full regalia. “I was ordered here and instructed to come in full dress regalia.”

Titania, “Previously we have had our differences. The Empress has decided to take a male partner. She has chosen you as her chief bridesmaid. Have you ever had a boyfriend?”

“Empresses I was close to having a partner when I was summoned here. For four years I had gone out with a young man. He was gentle and more feminine than most males. I know he was going to choose a ring for me. I had a decision to make which almost broke my heart. I could not have both and I put loyalty to my Queen first.”

“Did you explain to the young man once you had intercourse he would wake up female.”

“No your Majesties I did not. I was going to explain to John but then the call came. I have not seen nor spoke with John since I hope he has found somebody nice.”

“I take it you truly loved him?"

"Yes & it was the hardest decision I have ever to make.”

John was watching through the two-way mirror. Alexis, “Well John is she the one?”

“You know full well she is. Just as you already know how advanced my change is. I would have loved to give her a child but that is not to be.”

“Stay here John. Morning star thank you for coming I wish you to be my Chief Bridesmaid and carry out all the duties expected of a chief bridesmaid. May I ask why you where crying when I entered. I cannot have you unhappy can I. I have a problem. A young man came to me concerning Gaby as he thought she was in danger. I have assured him she is safe. It came to light that the young man had courted my aunts can you imagine that. Well Father was furious & wanted to zap him there and then, but I said he was a guest. He was blindfolded and asked to choose a bride. Unfortunately I was chosen. I have to abide by our law and the marriage must go ahead. I have explained to the young man what will happen to him.”

“Alexis do you wish me to take your place in the bedroom if for some reason you were unavailable. I presume you wish his change to be as quick as possible?”

“Once the change is completed Morning Star you will be with child can you cope with that? You have not asked me the name of this person yet.”

“Your Majesty yes I can cope with a child although I wish it was my Johns child.
Sorry I never told you I was courting a human when I was called back to the fold. He was lovely. You would have liked him. In fact I doubt that there is not a female here who would not have fallen for those baby blue eyes. I never got chance to say goodbye or that I still love him. I though would have had John carry our child Empress.”

Alexis giggled, “Why would that have been.”

“Oh John would make a super mother and so should not be denied the only chance he would have. That would have been my wish if thing had gone to plan.”

“I rather put a spanner in your plans for John.”

“Empress I would still make the same decision again.”

“What if I gave you the choice to live with him?”

“That cannot be I am one of your Fay companions. I would die if I was separated from you.”

“Yes Elvira I know all about your antics. John is here and will stay with us permanently. Apparently he already is a ward of Grandma Endora. You where quite correct all my aunts where attracted to him as was my Yellow sister.”

Morning Star put her arms round Alexis and gave her a hug, “Do you still wish me to carry my plans out for John?”

“I want you to finalise John’s transformation. Perhaps you should get reacquainted now & not later.” Alexis left the room while the two got reacquainted.

Endora, “You do realise neither of them will wait until the wedding.”

“Endora I was counting on that & I had a mask made of Johns face. When he takes his vows he will be as another female companion. Morning star is happy she finally got her man.”

Endora's prophecy was correct and the two of them where at it like rabbits. They woke up in the morning still cuddling each other. Morning star, “John we have done something terrible.”

“Sorry John has gone only Johanna is left now. Stop worrying had Alexis not wanted us to be together she would soon have stopped us. I was already changing and I think this was a way for you to say goodbye to John.”

Endora called, “The Empress wants to see the two of you in the pool.”

“Morning it is such a nice day.”

“Joanna will you come and give me a kiss please.”

“Ok Alexis no problem with that.”

“Even as a female you are a good kisser now you Morning star please.”

Endora. “Remember she is your queen.”

“Empress I would be pleased to.”

“Now kiss each other.”

When they eventually broke free from each other Johanna said, “Your kiss is changing from Peppermint to a raging fire like the Empress.”

“Oh that can only mean one thing. We are both two of the Empress chosen companions now.”

John looked at Morning star, “You do not mind me being female.”

“Look around how many men do you see round here. Not many in fact less than the fingers you have on your hands.”

“I was worried about telling you what would happen if you took me as your partner.”

“You know if we had been honest with each other we could have spent longer together. Also I would have been able to accompany you when you where summands to return. Joanna I better tell you something else. You are pregnant. I am also.”

“I thought I would be pregnant by you, but you already know who made me so.

A kiss from the Empress like we had unites us both with her body. We both have the Empresses children growing inside us.”

“Well if that is the case I better marry her as planned. We cannot have our children as single parents can we.”

“You are silly all the others will always help us. You may even go back for more. On the other hand some only have one set and then get on with their work. Look if it means being with you and the others then I would gladly have a child every nine months or so."

"Be careful what you say because you may be held to those words.”

Yellow entered the room, “Are you two not ready yet the wedding is in Half an hour and the guests are all here. Just a minute I will get you ready the quick way.”

Morning star, “John is in a wedding dress.”

“I understood you are Johanna.”

“Yes I took that when I changed.”

“In that case all is correct; I have the remainder of your bridesmaids and flower girls.”

The organ began to play as they walked down the aisle. A man wearing a kilt spoke “Johanna McDonald of Macdonald, Only child of Supreme clan Chief Robert McDonald of McDonald we greet you as our chief. After your wedding to Alex Middletown he takes over the title of Clan Chief as your spouse. Your children will eventually inherit the title. For a short while we crown you supreme clan chief.” Alex and Johanna both took their vows.

Then the same man came and spoke, “Alex Middletown you have united the McDonalds with the Middleton’s. Take your bride Johanna McDonald of McDonald-Middletown and greet your new clan.”

Alex. From today McDonald-Middletown will be our name. I intend that there shall be many McDonald-Middleham’s to keep the name alive.” At this a great cheer went up.

“Three cheers for our new clan chief and his lady wife.”

After they had all gone. Johanna, “Am I actually going to carry your child?”

“Johanna the word is Children and yes you are already with child.”

“So I cannot get pregnant by kissing you again. I told Morning Star I would gladly have as many children as you wish me to have. I would like to continue with what I was doing if that is permissible. Yes I think that can be arranged but you might have to have a companion like Morning Star to accompany you."

"I was thinking of Drew/Gaby did she have to go through a similar process to me.”

“I better try and explain what happened to Drew. When he was born he was declared male but actually he was intersex. Through junior school his parents noticed he was always more friendly with girls. When puberty kicked in he started to develop like girls do. For some of the races Drew had been binding himself so others would not notice. Then one day he collapsed and was admitted to hospital & it was discovered he was intersex. Even then the doctors wanted to let nature take its course. Over time Drew became more feminine. This was upsetting for Drew who realised even his girlfriend preferred him in skirts. He was to collapse yet again and was admitted to hospital. Dr Helen was the one to check him over and she called me. We both realised this was no normal case. It took a bit of sorting out but Gaby was suffering from the same symptoms I did when I was male.”

“Helen & I realised Gaby must be a relative of some sort. Hence the interest in her career. I had my team check Gaby's background. What surprised me was her father had not changed as I would have expected. He is changing but the changes are very slow. Once Gaby fell into Helens hands the changes where dramatic in very fast time. Helen was examining her when she had her first period.”

“Regardless of whether it was Drew or Gaby I always ensured Drew was credited with the points for the race. Actually she races even better as a girl. I was down in Dorset when she won those races and brought the bully down a peg or two. I did not get to her first race in America but I understand she showed up many of the American riders.”

“I take it you are quite a fan of Gaby's as well as her friend."

"Alexis like many others I was rooting for her in the practise she had with Team GB. I doubt that will be the last time she beats her mother and Aunt. Now Jenny and Carol both know Gaby can beat them they will be trying harder to retain the pole position. Come I think it is time we went and visited team Gaby Bond.”

They boarded the underground train and within 5 minutes they had arrived at their destination. They found two teams practising side by side. “Hi Johanna we have all been working hard. Most of us have increased our timings but none of us can beat the Bonds.”

Alexis looked at the timing printouts, “So I see there is no difference between mother and daughter.”

Gaby, “I like these new cycling suits I can go for a swim with them still on. This is great I always liked swimming but now I have a pool in my back yard.”

“Are you honestly happy as you are Gaby?”

“I know what you are getting at but that part of my life is over. Yes Joanna I am very happy & according to your aroma so are you.”

“Does everybody know what has happened to me?”

“All those within the group will know. Even I can recognise the scent after a person has slept with the Empress. Are you having a child or twins? Usually it is twins.”

“Have you met Lord Neptune the old man with a long beard?”

“Oh yes he had me kiss all his daughters. That was after I kissed his sisters and nieces.”

“I take it you where infected before you got here.”

“Gaby I am a lot older than I look & I once courted Lord Draco sisters.”

“Cool John.”

“Then unknown to me I was courting and engaged to a Fay princess.”

“Ah Morning Star I wondered why she was so depressed. She missed you.”

“Yes from the greeting I got that was obvious.”

“Alexis will never separate you two just like Maddy and I will not be separated. We work better as a team & Alexis knows that.”

“You seem to know a lot about Alexis.”

“Well she is sort of my cousin and I tend to hear all sorts about her. She was once just like us two. Helen saved her sperm, but what we did not know was she also has the ability of the Mer when in water. I presume you kissed her in the pool.”

“Err yes.”

“100% success rate in the pool they all come out with swollen tummies. Everybody knows when the time is right for them. Take Arial she is addicted to having swollen breasts full of milk and as soon as she can she will be having another. Come you can swim with me. Just do as the others do and leave your clothes on the side. When the green light is on it is ok to skinny dip but once the Red light goes on we have to wear our costumes.”

“So is Ariel a proper mermaid?”

“Ariel would you mind showing Johanna your tail please.”
“Do we all grow them like you?”

“Not you Johanna, You might grow wings though as you fell for Morning Star in a big way & also Draco sisters and Daughters. Did Grandma Endora ever breast feed you?”

“When she was my nurse she might have done.”

“Who was your mother Johanna.”?”

“I never gave her a thought as I was told she had died when I was a baby and the only mother I knew was Endora so I suppose I could claim Endora as my mother.”

“No wonder Johanna my aunts always referred to you as their little sister. Well will you give me a cuddle like you gave them?”

“Ariel I am not the only one who has been with the Empress. When are your mermaids due? I can clearly taste the Empress on you.”

“She said you had an unusual ability when it came to kissing, but then you always used to enjoy me looking after you.”

Johanna looked puzzled. “You still have not realised who I am have you?
Think back to when you where very little. Who looked after you if Endora did not?”

“It was a girl Endora knew. No you cannot be the one I think you are. For you are no older than a teenager. The girl I knew had a birthmark like a trident and she used to let me feed.”

“You do remember then Johanna. Look at my wrist and tell me what you see.”
“The Trident does that mean you are King Neptune’s daughter?”

“Yes Johanna it does. He is my big brother then.”

“I suppose he is if you look on Endora as your mother. Likewise Draco and Rombald are.”

“They warned me to beware of Draco and he could not have been nicer. When I look back I have been surrounded by one or another of you all my life. Even when I was transported to the future there was Elvira looking after me. Does she know you are here with me?”

“She is coming to terms with being a mother herself. She has the same fire burning in her belly that we do. Well Joanna it appears I will have to welcome Morning Star to our club.”

“Sorry Ariel I cannot get over how young you look and yet I know you are older than I am. I am still thinking of when you used to feed me I really enjoyed that.”

“Do you want to have a go for old time’s sakes? I still produce plenty. So there will be plenty for you if you wish.”

“I always enjoyed the sessions with you the best & often wished you could continue feeding me forever. Well I suppose just for old time sake one more time will not go a miss.” Johanna started to suckle.”

“Yes you always where a good baby for me. Perhaps that is why they are letting me do this with you. Your sisters wish to mother their baby sister so it will be some time before you return to normal size.”

Morning star came in, “I see she could not resist your nipples.”

“She never could.”

“You wanted another baby can you cope with Johanna again? She has already regressed to a few hours old and will have had her memories completely removed. She is yours to bring up as you see fit. I along with the others will do our duty but Johanna was never Endora’s & She is better with her true mother. The only difference is Empress Alexi’s genes have replaced Lord Robert McDonalds.”

“You vanished shortly after the child was born but Endora recognised her as your daughter.”

“I had to go although it broke my heart to leave her. Father would have been furious if he had found out the truth that I had mated with a human on land. He always thought I was looking after Endora's child not my own. In fact he thought Johanna was his little sister so I had to go on with the deception until now. The Empress along with others has returned my daughter to me.”

Neptune,” Thank you Ariel for finally being so honest with me. At least now I know she is my Grand Daughter & also My Brother Draco’s Granddaughter. I also will have to ensure she receives her bracelet like all the others. I did not give it previously because I was unsure who the mother was. Now I know and all is as it should be.”

“Father that may be but John has been looking after Gaby and the team and doing all the timings.”

“Taken care of already as Uncle Arran needed a job and who better to take over than him. He after all has decided to live here now. The new underground system has made his job of commuting very easy indeed.”

“That is all very well father but people are going to notice John is missing.”

Arran. “Ariel to all intents and purposed John will still be there. Nobody will notice any difference and now you have your child as you should have had to start with. May I hold her?”

Ariel hands over the child and Arran, “I need your help to take over Johns jobs.” For a second or two John regained his memories. “Thank you John. If they are ever needed they will be there for you but for now they are in the deepest part of your mind. Now you can truly grow up as Ariel’s daughter.”

Astrid came in. “Mum has sent me to find you. Oh you have had a baby. I will have a new friend to play with. Can she go swimming with me please?”

“Astrid she is only very young.”

“Please, Please, I promise to look after her. She can borrow my Lady if she wants.”

“I think she might be too young to go on lady but I suppose we could go to the pool.”

“Thank you Ariel thank you.” Ariel got to the pool to find her other charges waiting.

“I suppose you all want to be here for her first swimming lesson with me.”
Ariel removed the blanket and placed the baby in the water. “Woo she is fast where did you wind her up Ariel?”

Ariel, “All little mermaids are like that when they get in water for the first time.”

Lorelie came across. “This child is yours I believe sister.”

“Oh she is fast asleep Ariel.”

Lorelie laughed, “That super powered burst took all the energy out of her and so she needs to recharge by sleeping. When she awakes she will need feeding girls.” The girls all continued with their swimming lessons.

Johanna awoke and cried, “You are finally awake. Would you like a meal?”

Astrid looked at herself, “Ariel will mine grow as big as yours?”

“At the moment they are full of milk to feed Johanna but eventually they will get a bit smaller again.”

Alexis came up “I was looking for Arran, as there was a phone message for John.”

“I see Johanna has had her first lesson.”

“Mum she is having a meal and then she can go swimming again.” By now most of the other females had got in the pool. When Ariel put her down she started to work her way around all the females and children. Eventually she got to Alexis and put her arms up. Alexis picked her up and as she did so Johanna attached herself to Alexi’s nipple.

Alexis, “She is attached like a limpet. And she is fast asleep again. Well it looks like I will have to go around with her attached to me until she wakes up again.”

Ariel giggled, “I get chance to bring her up again & she prefers you.” No amount of coaxing would persuade Johanna to relinquish her hold.

Endora, “When she gets hungry she will let go.”

Ariel looked at Alexis, “In that case it could be a very long time.”

Teri came in, “Alexis there are some people to see you.”

Alexis, “Gentlemen & Ladies you caught me when I was feeding my child. What can I do to help this time?”

The women all came to look at the baby. “Oh she is bonny. Is she asleep?”

Alexis. “And firmly attached like a limpet.”

One of the older men spoke. “My late wife always fed them that way some even tried to suck me but of course they could get nothing. It always annoys me when places put nursing mothers in toilets or somewhere similar. How would they like to have their meal on the toilet? Sorry but it really annoys me.”

“You miss her a lot?”

“Got killed by a drunk driver last year at this time. Yes I miss her. She is still with me in my heart. She was my angel & kept me on the straight and narrow.” “I hope she is there for me when it is my turn to go.” “Sorry I am getting all Morbid & sentimental.”

“I understand from members of the British Olympic Committee you have facilities that would put many countries to shame. We should be hosting the international Athletic games. They are not as prestigious as the Olympics or Commonwealth games. Never the less It is a main event in the Athletic calendar. We have had a slight mishap down in Birmingham. The recent tornado damaged the stadium and it will not be ready for the games now.”

Alexis, “My facilities are ok for training but we could not accommodate the numbers of people that sort of event generates.” “I do have a proposal though. I am building for Manchester council & Commonwealth Games a new sporting complex. The main structure is finished. We have not yet finished all the accommodation.”

One of the women spoke, “Can we see it?”

Alexis, “Can somebody bring the bus round we will go in that.”

Draco brought it round but at the same time orders had gone out to finish as much as could possibly be done before they got there. Draco said, “The stadium has not yet received the coating of paint although it looks finished. Remember the stadium will also need interior decoration. We will be about an hour before we get there.”

As the coach set off Johanna awoke and started to cry Alexis picked her up. Ah a stinky po. I better clean you.” After been cleaned Joanna was hungry again.
The women all asked to be allowed to hold Johanna. After feeding she was passed around. “Is she related to John?”

“Well as you all know I married John. So you could say so.”

“I thought she had a look of him just as she looks like you.” Johanna was eventually handed back to Alexis who started to feed her again. The journey took a little longer than Alexis expected due to roadworks on the M62, but they eventually arrived.

“I thought there were problems with the building.”

“It is not completed but as you can see most of the major construction is already done. We still have the underground and the accommodation to finish but I will show you what is finished. We have plenty of car parking and coach parking.”

“Can we see the finished accommodation?” Draco led then to the finished blocks. This will eventually be used for student accommodation once the games are over. We have three blocks currently finished and another two will be ready by the time of your competitions.”

“Mr Draco three blocks will be sufficient for our needs. We need to discuss terms of the hire.”

Draco, “We will provide all catering, Security and hospitality services.” “As this is supposed to be for the Commonwealth games all carpets and furnishings used will be disposed of after the event and new ones brought for the Commonwealth games. There is no charge for using the venue, but there will be for the services.”

“We had already where hoping you might think on those lines. Thank you for helping us out like this.”

Draco, “Well we can use it as a trial to ensure everything is perfect for the Commonwealth games. Now let me show you the other facilities we have on site. This is the onsite labs for the testing of all athletes for banned substances. We also will be checking all officials as well. This is the pool when it is full. And this the deep diving pool.”

“That is one part we do not need as it is just athletics this time.”

Draco, “In that case we can seal this off so nobody has access.”

Alexis, “I am afraid we are going to have to return. Will this do for you?”

The old gentleman came forward, “Do you mind if I have a cuddle of your princess?” Alexis handed “Johanna over and the old man smiled.” “I wish my lady could have seen her.”

Alexis looked at him, “She is stood at the side of you smiling and says I have to tell you she will come herself when your time is up. You have no need to worry about where you will be going.”

“I hope there is plenty of little ones like this then we both can look after them.” The old man sat on his own in the coach. The old man looked at the seat next to him and spoke. “Hello dear is it time?”

Alexis smiled as they waved to her. By the time they returned to Thornton his friends touched him and he just fell over and the women screamed.

Draco touched him, “He must have died while we were travelling back.”
The body was collected and his tearful friends left but not before one of the women asked, “Can we hold his funeral service here.”

The woman. “All his children died young so he has no relatives.”

Alexis, “I will arrange everything as he took a liking to my daughter.”
“Perhaps we can call the games after him.” A rather tearful group left.

“Ariel would you like to take Johanna now while I have a little chat with two angels.”

The wife, “Thank you for sharing your baby with us. We have to go to the light now.”

“Not yet you do not. The two of you are needed here apparently my daughter has requested your services. I promise you will both be together.”

Husband looked at wife, “Is Alexis our boss she could see you when I could not.”

“James we are both Angels now. Some are allowed to stay on earth. Especially when a Princess of Heaven puts in a request. James Alexis may live on earth but she is Empress of the Heavens.”

James bowed, “Please to abide with the princesses wishes.”

Alexis, “James all angels are female. So I suppose we should call you Jane please stand still a second or two. June & Jane you may look at yourselves.”

“We look like teenagers now.”

Alexis, “We do need nurses to look after the children and you did say you hoped you could look after the children so your request is granted. Your friends will return here in a couple of days for your funeral service, but they will not recognise you.”

Jane, “Mistress when do we take up our positions.”

Astrid came in, “Mother are these the new nurses for us all?”

True to form a considerable amount of friends from the sporting world turned up for the memorial Service. After they had all left Jane said, “Empress I did not realise I was as respected as I appeared to be.”

“John you helped many people in your life time. Your greatest sorrow was the loss of your children. While at the moment I cannot return them to you I can share mine with you both.”

There was a knock and several young people entered. “We came to see why our parents have not returned to Heaven as planned. Empress we did not realise you where here also.”

“Your parents are looking after my children.”

“Have we permission to stay with our parents Empress?”

Astrid, “Only if you wish to play with the children.”

Alexis, “I take it you are all here together. If so then you may stay if it is your desire.”

June & Jane spoke, “Mistress these are all our daughters, but we also had a baby son who died in infancy.”

Ariel came back carrying a child. “Is this adorable child somebody’s?”

“Thank you mistress we are now complete.”

up
41 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos