Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 45

Printer-friendly version


Drew and the half term break
By Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 45 Gaby and the Plains People.
Once again Gaby left the Plains People and dived down to Longleat House. As the riders landed they transformed to their human form. For a while many of them were stunned as it had been so long since they assumed that form. Gaby was still dressed like a teenage girl when the Lord of the Plains approached her.

“I thought you were upon my back but it turned out to be some of the Plains Indians. The Golden Dragon appeared from nowhere and dived down at the Indians and then vanished.”

As he was speaking Draco and the others arrived from Africa. “Gaby we checked the continent of Africa out. We had very little to do. Although we did get a request for two for lifts to greet the mistress from some we previously missed. The African’s when they saw the film of what happened to Robert decided to behead all his supporters. There was very little for us to do. We saw the Lord of the Plains riding the wind. Alas we could not catch him up.”

Lord of the Plains. “Lord Draco I am pleased to meet you. I was hoping to get help from the Purple Dragon but she was not around. A great Golden one though did appear and then vanish.”

A Procession of tiny people made their way to Gaby. “Thank you Dragon & Cat People for the lift. We must now go and freshen up before we greet our Queen.” They then saw Petal. “Please Golden Pixie is there somewhere that we might clean ourselves and as we are out of magic. Could you please find or magic us some clean clothing so we might at least look respectable when we meet our queen.”

Draco, Simba & Samba cracked out laughing as the parade went away with Petal.

Lord of the Plains. “Draco what is so funny about the little people asking for help? I know my wives have before now fed many of the little people. We might even have brought some with us.”

Simba, “Brother it is you that does not understand. You like the tiny people see but do not see. I knew as soon as the cubs appeared. You heard our roar and obeyed it. You also asked for the help of the Purple Queen. Well at the command of the Golden Queen she helped you ride the winds. Did not the Golden Queen appear over America? Did she not terrify the plains Indians? They will find the sacrificial knife embedded in a block of stone with words inscribed in English and the ancient language of the tribes. You are already owned by the Golden Queen. It was with her help you rode the winds.”

The Beardash along with his companions almost crawled towards Gaby. Gaby, “You are among friends. Currently you are in England. Soon you will be at one of my Northumbrian homes. First you all must kiss me on the lips. Draco as they have all done as requested will you and your brothers escort them so they may be dressed for their wedding. Now to you Lord of the Plains we have plenty of room for all your family. I though need to see what you actually collected. ”

A little head stuck itself out of a pocket in the clothing of the Plains Lord. “Hello where are we? Oh you are not Buffalo or Bison they give us food. How did we get here?”

Gaby, “I think you all better come out of hiding. Did you not hear your cousins from Africa go off with Petal? Sepal you better come here and help your cousins who seem to be rather perplexed.”

Sepal appeared looking none too pleased. “Sepal has much to do. Did you not hear Petal the first time? Sepal is angry and cannot waist time with dirty children. I would scrub you all clean but do not have the time. Queen tells Sepal to come and collect you. Queen did not say I could not use magic to clean and tidy you all up.” There was a flash from Sepals hand and all the little ones where clean and tidy.

A rather elderly male came to the front. “Golden pixie Sepal no pixie I ever have come across before could do that. May I introduce myself I am Ulric Von Trapp Spirit of the Plain’s. We have quite an assortment here, Pixie, Dwarf, Fae, Spirit and those who lost their luck.”

Gaby, “Ulric I am pleased to meet you. We have a few other spirit peoples residing with us. You are quite correct Sepal like her sisters is born of Draco and Justine’s blood. That was dragon fire you just saw come from her hands. Sepal please take the group and sort them out into the various groups. Now Lord of the Plains before they go it is time for you to meet the Purple Queen.”
The little people all cheered as she flew down.

“I thought she would be massive for the stories the birds told us was there was only one who could keep control of her.”

The Purple Queen, “I was with you all the time you rode the winds. As for payment. I think that has already been covered as your wives have fed and cared for my cousins. However the Golden Dragon will require payment for riding the winds.” The Lord of the Plains looked round rather nervous.

“Golden Queen as in the Dragon who appeared and then vanished?”

The Purple Queen, “Some Lord you are. You cannot fly without my aid. You greet our Empress like she was a school girl. You do not give her the respect due. Even the Plains Indians managed that.”

One of the two females either side of the Lord of the Plains spoke. “Our husband is having difficulty seeing your Empress as the Golden dragon. We though can see the golden halo that surrounds her. So we as the head of the females have no doubt that the young female in front of us is your Queen and ours. If that is so then we have to present all our children.”

A man with blond hair stepped forward. “I am Peruses chief of the Equine who came at the call of the Lord of the Plains. Unlike my brother I have no difficulty recognising the queen of the Heavens. I also can see the daughter of Herne in front of me. Herne would not let his daughter associate with Human or anybody of less status than himself. I also thought I saw Pan hiding at the back.”

Galadriel clapped her hands, “Peruses you always was a charmer. You though are quite correct for Gaby is my granddaughter many times removed as she is Draco’s. Gaby would you be so kind as to unfurl your wings so the Lord of the Plains may see you as Queen of the heavens as he has already seen you as the Golden Queen.” With that Gaby did as requested. She then soared into the air. As she flew back she changed to the Golden Dragon and then changed back.

One of the two females either side of the Lord. “Apparently our husband is lost for words. He now knows he erred big time. Please accept our apology.”

White socks looked at the group with Peruses. “I see you have brought many of my father’s people. As his daughter I claim them all. I further notice there are several felines with you. Lords Simba or Samba will have claim on them.”

A group of ladies with very long necks stepped forward. “Mistress we represent the Giraffe and Antelope peoples. As you can see we still retain longer necks than most. The felines with us protected our group from other cats and hunting dogs.”

Gaby looked at the young females. “I can use all of you. I have a group of young sometimes cubs that need looking after. These include Cleo the daughter of the lion Queen.”

The young women all looked at each other. “Mistress that would not be the Cleo who got the great lord Simba to submit to her would it?”

Lord Felix, “All the feline lords submit to Cleo and her companions. They often want to play with their cousins and you would be ideal for seeing they come to no harm. Now will you all line up in your respective groups so the Gaby can see what we have here.”

With that the remaining groups lined up. Gaby started to walk the lines like a general inspecting her troops. She tapped several of the Equine group. “Lord Perseus. Those I tapped will join me now, the rest I will have in Valhalla.” Gaby continued on the ranks. Eventually she got to the Lion Ladies she could see they had somebody on the ground. Gaby looked at the creature. “So the lion ladies give protection to a daughter of Oberon.”

“Please mistress they have not harmed me. I am Lilac daughter of Lord Oberon and have broken wing if I can get to father he can heal it for me.”

Gaby shook her head, “I seem to keep finding Fae with broken wings. Not long ago one asked me to swish her. That request I did not agree to. You seem to be in good shape other than the break. Some dragon fire should heal the breaks.”

Jets of blue flames left Gaby’s hands and hit Lilac on the wings. Gaby and the group turned round when they heard. “Bravo, Bravo, that is the best bit of magic I have seen in a long time. I was on my walkabout looking for my brother Shamus. As his elder brother it is my duty to find him and take him back to Oberon. Would such a queen as you have an opening for the likes of me?”

Gaby smiled. “I presume you would like a position as a Royal?”

“Mistress I am called Tam brother to Shamus. I promised Lord Oberon I would find my brother and drag him back for his wedding. Now I cannot refuse the position as a Royal. I hitched a lift grabbing hold of one of the lion ladies to preserve the last of my gold. This is the last I have mistress. Will you protect me from the wrath of Oberon?”

Lilac, “Tam you saw the magic. I though felt it. It is not often one such as you is offered the position as a Royal. You must accept it for even father does not have the power the maid in front of you has. Likewise she healed me and so I must become her friend and companion. Father will replenish your gold. Will you create for me a wedding dress with the last of your gold? ”

Gaby, “Princess Lilac it is time you tested your new wings. As you have not flown for some time I will accompany you.”

Lilacs wings unfurled. “Oh these wings are now more like those of Cousin Lucy.”

up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos