Slayers Crossed - Chapter 2 Hold on! Fall down The rabbit hole?

Printer-friendly version
Slayers Crossed
Chapter 2 Hold on! Fall down The rabbit hole?
SC-02
By Lukas.I

Special thanks to jkoc for excellent proofreading.


Crossplay? How embarrassing can that be? And they say that curiosity killed a cat. You know what they say. Whatever doesn't kill you...


Chapter 2 Hold on! Fall down The rabbit hole?

Few meters from my house and I already began to feel weird. Well weirder than before. Light evening breeze gently played with my wig. I brushed strand of hair from my face.

"So where to first at the con? Cinema or stores?" I said turning back to others while walking backwards few steps and getting rid of hair blocking my vision. While Amy came behind me from side and pinched my ass.

"Wherever you want Lina." She laughed.

"Don't call me that!" I said angrily. I stumbled a bit after I slipped on the small rock or a piece of concrete chipped from the pavement.

"Getting into character ain't you. You will be hit tonight, you make very convincing Lina." Joked Peter.

"If I was was in character you would be dead meat by now." I Shot back. Jenifer just smiled and embraced my waist like I used to do often when we walked around town together.

"Don't bug my sweet Lina you two." I was really embarrassed now. And it showed. Amy saw this. Took camera from me and snapped us few times walking together like that. As we walked we met Steve a friend of mine from school.

"Damn! Hide me he can't see me!" I Hid behind Jenn and lowered my head which didn't help one bit.

"Hey guys. Going to the con? I wanted to come to but I don't have costume." He said looking around.

"Where is Luke and Jenn? I thought you are going with them Pete. And who are these two?" He asked confused.

"Well..." Pete didn't know how to answer. I was now back to back with Jenn and trying to hide real bad.

"It is them, can't you recognize them?" Pete continued.

"I will kill him!" I whispered to Jenn.

"Is that you Luke? You seem taller than usual." I felt like I swallowed my heart. Luckily Steve asked Jenn. I thought I could just run for it. Of course I had no such luck.

"No, he is behind me. It is me Jenn by the way." She said with a smile and grabbed me by the waist forcing me to turn around to face Steve.

"Wow I would never recognize you Jenn...." He paused as I came to view. He tried really hard to keep his laugh in check.

"Now that is something! Is it really you Luke?" I tried to struggle a bit but Jenn held me tight. I couldn't make a run for it.

"Yeah it is me. Please, don't tell anyone.." I said as I put my head down.

"This is rich I could never tell that is you. I still have problem believing it is really you seeing and hearing you. You did great job on those costumes. You are very convincing. How did she get you to wear that?"

"Forgotten bet, Judas father and enthusiastic mother." I crossed my arms over my chest which made it stand out more.

"Don't trust her Steve she enjoys it you should see her just few minutes ago." Pete added to my pile of trouble.

"Damn don't make up stuff like this and don't ever refer to me as she again!" I cracked my knuckles which must have looked really silly in those gloves I was wearing.

"Calm down Lina. A nice girl like you should not be so violent." Pete Just kept going.

"That is it you are going down you hear!" I shouted at him as I tried to free myself from Jenns grasp but was unable to.

"Jenn let me go I will just kill him and then we can go."

"No Calm down he doesn't mean it like that do you Pete?"

"No I just wanted to have a bit fun that is all." Said Pete as he winked at me.

"See Luke? Do you promise to behave if I let you go?"

"Sure. I am ok now." I said feeling hurt. Steve just laughed.

"Next year I must go to, you are fun." Steve managed to say even that he was still laughing.

"Don't expect anything like this! I will not go dressed like this ever after this." I said with still bit angry voice.

"Luke calm down they don't mean it badly and you have to admit you look good like this. If Jenn was to wear it you wouldn't look as good as this. That difference in height is really noticeable. She has also much larger breasts than you. And don't take it bad way but you have nice figure too." Amy stated.

"I do not have any figure nor breasts!" I yelled back

"Sorry. You know I didn't mean it like that."

"Please could we just go? You can come with us if you want Steve." I tried to change the subject.

"No thank you. I would love to but I have to go. If you could I would love to take few photos with you."

"Sure. Why not." I replied. We took few pictures. Steve commented on me smelling like a girl with that perfume and all. I barely managed to keep calm. We parted ways and continued ahead. We took few more photos of each other doing funny poses as we arrived to the con. Our first stop was cinema, to see latest news and trailers. We been in this cinema before to watch few movies together. It is nice place with red velvety chairs really stylish all the way. They also have a 3D and Imax which is really neat. They were screening few good trailers and one for new slayers movie which just made me remember what I was wearing. I was glad slayers came back after this long time. Needless to say that we were instant hit there. Quite few people wanted to get a photo taken with us and even more with me which made me feel uncomfortable and confused at same time. We checked out the new toy vendors and other stands. Jenn bought us few Manga magazines. There was even group with
Akane Tendo so Peter had his own share of fun taking pictures. I lost count how many times Jenn and I meet slayers groups that complimented us a great deal on our costumes and recommended we enter the competition. Amy had lot of fun with many of the cosplayers dressed as sailor scouts. We took a lot of pictures and almost filled a memory card and even had to charge the camera from my phone.

"Luke I want to enter the contest they talked about. Remember the fun we had at the one we entered last year." Jenn Begged.

"I don't know I want to go anywhere near that stage in this getup." I tried to weasel my way out of this.

"Well you didn't mind all those people taking pictures of you as you posed for them?"

"That is different!"

"In what way?"

"They asked me politely." I said winking.

"What if someone outs me when I am on stage? What then?"

"Nothing like that will happen. Quit making excuses."

"I will go then, but just because you want me to." Jenn Smiled and Hugged me.

"Alright Lina lets go." She grabbed me by the hand and ran to the registration counter dragging me behind her.

"Hey don't rush so much. Can't you take it slow?" I tried to catch my breath while leaning on the counter breathing heavily.

"Don't want to give you a chance to change your mind." She said as she checked us in and got our contestant numbers. Then we waited to for our turn. There were lots of great cosplayers there.

"And now we have here a pair that took a little detour on their journey to Zephillia and dropped by to pay us a visit." Said a moderator to the microphone. Our numbers lit up. My legs turned to stone.

"Come on Lina Lets go!" Said Jenn as she pulled me to the stage. I slapped Jenn's hand in reflex but it was to late so I played my role and hoped for the best.

"Damn Gourry don't you ever learn. Where did you get us this time you jellyfish brain?" I shook my head in disbelief.

"I just wanted some witnesses." This made me remember last year. I hope she doesn't want to do that!

"For what? What are you talking about again."

"Lina Inverse Will you marry me?" Jenn dropped to her knee and took mine hands into hers." Damn she did want to do that. This Left me speechless. What does she think she is doing. I know it is payback for last year! It has to be. I blushed like a red tomato. I decided to still play along I was really deep in it now.

"What are you talking about Goury? Did you eat something bad or what?" I hoped that something would save me like a plane crashing or stage collapsing or wild animals running loose but is was not to be.

"I love you Lina." Jenn repeated.

"Ohh.. Ok, this is so sudden you know. I never thought about this." Then I saw Amy and Pete who were in front of stage laughing to the irony that was lost on other people in the crowd.

"Accept it Lina" Pete suddenly shouted tears welling in his eyes.

"Ohh Goury, I love you to. Yes, I will marry you." I managed to blubber out. Jenn Stood up and took me by my shoulders which caused me to blink.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss ..." Amy started mass shout and rest of audience joined. Jenn kissed me and crowd went wild. I felt as if she grabbed my butt when she kissed me. Then it came . She looked into my eyes and took me by my legs and flipped me. She took me in her arms and carried me off the stage as all cheered. I looked in disbelief. What got into her?

"Comic con is like Vegas Lina, this marriage is valid." Pete made fun of me as Jenn put me down under stares. I didn't know she was that strong.

"When did you get so strong Jenn?" I asked blushing.

"I am not, you are not heavy so, it isn't problem."

"I got to start some serious work outs even my girlfriend is stronger than me!" I said in shame. About 15 minutes we got called out again. We were awarded with the first place plaque of the con. Jenn got us first place that was grand. We posed few more times and accepted few audience requests. They all knew we are crossplayers but they were more excited by us posing for them. Finally we sat down at a restaurant for dinner. I was famished and tired from walking in the boots. I didn't want to admit it but I had a good time. I even began to relax a bit.

"This will be on youtube in no time. I would be worried if it wasn't there. The people at the con were so nice." Jenn Said.

"Because you two were fantastic on that stage." Amy commented.

"Yeah And you really looked like a girl when Jenn kissed you. You just blushed furiously and were red as a tomato Luke."

"Well I never knew Jenn was so strong and that she can lift me up. It is just that she surprised me. I think she even grabbed my butt on the stage when she kissed me."

"Yeah I did grab your behind." She then grabbed me again. I jumped Almost knocking table over. Which caused all to smile.

"You're really enjoying this Jenn." I made an observation.

"Yeah why shouldn't I? When I get another chance. At least you know how I felt last year when you kissed me on stage. I had to trump you this year so I carried you from the stage in my arms. Don't tell me you didn't enjoy all that interest this raised from people"

"I don't know maybe or I was just too embarrassed being dressed as a girl and being carried by my girlfriend from the stage."

"You two are so lucky, you are perfect for each other. The way you blushed there Luke proves my point." Said Amy. Peter kissed Amy and she blushed a bit to.

"I see your point Amy." I said in return. Other people approached our table.

"Could we interrupt you for a minute?" One of them asked.

"Yeah, sure what would you like?" I said

"We saw you two in the costume competition. Could you sign these photos for us?." He asked politely. Presenting me with a few photos and white marker.

"I think you two just went viral." Amy teased while I was stunned.

"Sure I will sign them but please tell me. Where did you get these?"

"Oh, the costume competition officials have a table selling them."

"Thanks. Do you want me to write anything special?" I asked.

"Just your Lina Inverse kind impression of signature if you don't mind."

"Alright then." I said as I signed every photo and Jenn did to.

"Thank you very much miss." He said while I handed back the white marker.

"Can't you tell I am not a girl?"

"Sorry, I think I got carried away." He apologized.

"One more thing. How many people bought these?" I asked.

"Lots of people. I think they are still there selling them." This made me really uncomfortable.

"Thanks." I said. They thanked us again and said their goodbyes.

"Creepy! I don't want to be mistaken for a girl." I Said with regret planting my face on the table.

"What are you talking about they were nice and polite. I also saw that spark in your eyes you enjoyed playing a movie star and signing those photos." Jenn Said.

"I did but he called me miss!" I said muffled by the table.

"No big deal he just used wrong word don't make such fuss about it." Pete said.

"Hey, We should do this next year also." Amy proposed.

"I ain't going dressed as girl next year!" I declined as quickly as I could.

"You know. You make a great girl. Even too good. It is scary. Maybe it is because you feel comfortable with this character." Peter teased as he saw my defiant expression.

"You might have a point there. I can see the similarities now when you pointed them out." Amy winked.

"Yeah, he is totally Lina. When he eats he gulps it down like last food on earth. He tosses and turns too much when he sleeps and has terrible temper when it comes to his faults. He likes shiny things and is resourceful. On the good side he is really caring and gets what he wants." Jenn informed others which caused me slight discomfort. I couldn't be that bad. Could I?

"Hey! You three. This isn't nice at all. Why do you tease me like that? I admit this costume isn't uncomfortable but I hate it when people stare at me. I feel like some freak dressed like this everyone must think that I am some weirdo who likes to dress this way. It is no secret that Lina is my favorite character in slayers but that doesn't mean I want to be like her."

"You kidding right? Do you remember? Those people didn't vote for you cause you are boy dressed as Lina. They did it because of how convincing you looked and behaved." Jenn tried to make a point.

"Yeah you even adopted few tricks she does like the way you brush those strands of hair from your face. Also that hand on your hip with hand gestures are dead giveaway. It shows you feel comfortable playing this character even if, you don't want to admit it." Amy nailed my defense.

"That wig gets in the way! I bet real hair don't do that this much and what do you mean by gestures? It is because of the gloves. I also put my hand on the hip to support my shoulders this armor is heavy.

"Lets just leave him be he doesn't want to admit it. I wouldn't. Luke what about an eating contest?" Peter Challenged.

"A challenge. Ok lets just keep it coming."

After dinner we headed home. We all had few drinks so we loosened good deal. We met a few people on our way home who wanted us signed their photos too. We also had to pose a few more times. Jenn was walking again holding me by my waist and I was just grinning because it was somehow comforting in a way and I was bit tipsy so I needed that little more balance. Peter held Amy same way we walked next to each other. Those two were really getting closer to each other but they were nowhere as close as Jenn and myself.

"You know Jenn I love you so much I can't even find the right words to tell you how much." I said putting my hand around Jenn too.

"I know Luke. I know."

"In the end I am glad you made me do this. It was fun. I will admit I liked it." I said. Then I noticed a store I never saw before and I went this way almost every day. We decided to check it out. From outside it looked like the shop was there some time. It looked like an antiques shop. We decided to check it out. There was no one at the counter only sign "Be right back." Stuff in this shop looked really expensive and old. just when I wanted to call it quits and go (Which I should have) I saw an old box with some weird writings.

"Guys look at this strange box" I exclaimed. As I looked back at it the strange symbols were gone and there was plain English. What the heck I thought. Am I imagining things? On the box was written in English yet still in some weird font

"You are what you wear." I took it in my hands and checked it. It had a snap lock on the lid so I tried to open it. It went hard but it budged. At that instant I was blinded by a flash of light and some smoke that felt like tiny glass shards were entering my lungs. The rest I don't remember. I only know what they told me. Jenn had to carry me out of the shop. When they exited the shop thru the same door they stepped onto a meadow in a forest. I was unconscious and sickly white. The rest were not feeling too good themselves. But they were lucky to find an old cabin and managed to light a fire in the fireplace so we wouldn't all freeze. I only remember waking up from my blackout as rays of the morning light shined on my face.

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

neat start. I always gota

jennifer breanna's picture

neat start. I always gota kick out of Linna's overkill spell casting on slayers.

An interesting beginning.....

D. Eden's picture

I'd love to see where you go with this.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Pretty funny, she goes to a

Pretty funny, she goes to a "comic con" and get herself engaged and she isn't even a girl.Looks like her next costume will be large and very, very white, covered in lace and pearls and come with a darling veil.

Nah not really. It was

Nah not really. It was intended as a little fluff not having a significant impact on the story overall. Or was it? Let's wait and see.

What doesn't kill you

Generally leaves you in the hospital with multiple injuries. ;-)


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Yeah. You are right. It was

Yeah. You are right. In real life. Here It was intended as a reference to the dark knight's trilogy Joker. I am a sucker for double meaning titles. "Whatever doesn't kill you...simply makes you stranger."