What were you thinking??

Printer-friendly version

WARNING: This fictional story gives an indication that physical violence in the home is socially acceptable.

DA…DING… DONG…

Karen opened her door and let her son, Donald in. She could tell at a glance that he was very upset. As soon as she closed the door and turned to face him; he burst into tears, collapsing into his Mother's arms.

“Oh Momma, momma...” He sobbed. “Please help me..”
“Shh… What's the matter?” she asked, noting his black eye. “Where's Elaine?”
“At work” Donald answered between his sobs. “I can't be married to her! She is so mean. Look what she did to my face..”

“Tell me what happened” Karen ordered. Just now taking notice that he wasn't wearing any makeup, and looked like he'd thrown on a dress he'd probably worn a day or two before. “Did Elaine discipline you?” She asked him, her tone indicating he'd better tell his mother the truth!
“yes” he muttered as she lifted his chin, forcing him to look at his mother.

“Why?”

“And just how did you get here from clear across town young man?”
“I called a cab.” Donald muttered, almost unable to meet his mother's eyes.

“You mean to say, you took a taxi cab clear across town looking like this? What were you thinking young man?”
Tears started down donald's eyes again, knowing he'd made another big mistake. And it wasn't even noon yet.

Trying hard not to cry again, he sat down on the sofa as his mother went to make a phone call. A shiver ran down his spine as he realized who she was calling.

“Elaine will be here in about ½ an hour for you” Karen announced when she got off the phone. “She will deal with you when she gets you home. Just where did I go wrong? I know I raised you better than this ”

Not knowing what to say, and fully aware he was in even bigger trouble now, all donald could do was look down and rub the fabric of his dress between his fingers; knowing there was worse punishment in store for him now.

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wha. . .!

OK, cooling down now.
Nice start - sure got me awake and the blood pumping. Hope this isn't just a one-off and that you continue,'cuz this JUST IS NOT RIGHT!! just not right!!!

I've seen worse stories on

I've seen worse stories on here. I don't understand what is so not right about it...

Not the story

Andrea Lena's picture

... the hurt is wrong....not the writing - the pain of the child

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Hi mom...

The scars that don't show always take the longest to heal...if ever.

Da Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrat

PKB_003b.jpg

What the heck!!?? What a

What the heck!!?? What a horrible bitch the mother is. No love shown for her son/daughter. How sad. And then to top it all off, is placing him/her right back into the same situation.

The writing is fine, The

The writing is fine, The physical pain is bothersome to me.

Cefin

Just found this

Cressar's picture

from the main page. I'm trying to figure out what the point of it is.

Radio Cressar - not available on FM

Seems fairly obvious

laika's picture

It's a parody of cultures where severe misogyny and sexism are the rule, showing how wrong this is by reversing the roles. But what I'm not sure of is who the intended audience is. Anybody here (I should hope) already knows this, and any males in one of those filthy male supremacist mud-holes of a country (where toilet paper is considered the work of the devil) aren't likely to read this, or if they did, to be swayed from their evil fucked up thinking by it...

At least that's how I interpret this story, which from the comments
was successful in stirring up outrage. I gave it a thumbs up...
~hugs, Veronica

"I've got something to say
And I thought it might be worth a mention
If you're not pissed off at the world
Then you're just not paying attention
And you can turn off the TV
And go about your day
But just 'cos you don't see it
It don't mean its gone away..."

~Kasey Chambers, Ignorance