Marley for the Win Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Marley for the Win Part 5

“Yeah Mom, your new boyfriend thinks you have two daughters,”

Marley stopped and just stood there, his sister was laughing, but his Mom looked seriously upset. That guy Mom knows thinks I’m a girl, God this is messed up, Marley thought. Oh and she likes him, and now I’ve screwed that up, Marley’s embarrassment bubbled over and he yelled “Damn it this isn’t funny!”

“Yeah knock it off Ann,” Lisa said. “I’m so sorry Marley, this was such a stupid idea, listen let’s just get you back to normal and go home.”

“But what about your race?” Marley asked.

“Forget about it, it’s no big deal,” his Mom replied.

“No, that’s no fair, you should get to race,” Marley said.

“But what are you going to wear?” Lisa asked.

Marley just pointed at his pink jersey, “This I guess,” he said. His Mom came forward and hugged him and kissed him on the forehead.

“Thanks son,” Lisa whispered. “OK you two, get something to drink and eat, I’m going to go for a little spin and I’ll see you at the podiums in about 20 minutes,” his Mom said handing Ann a 20 dollar bill.

“Why, we didn’t win anything?” Marley asked.

“You guys at least both got 3rd place in your age groups,” Lisa said.

“Mom there were only 3 girls in our age groups,” Ann said.

“So, you still get a medal,” Lisa replied as she rode off.

Marley and Ann went over to the vendor tents and grabbed some food, there was a Mexican food truck and Marley got some excellent Nachos, Ann got her usual chicken tacos. They took seats at a picnic table and began to devour the food.

“So how’d it go?” a voice asked. Marley turned around to see the bigger guy from the hallway earlier, Will.

“Good I guess,” Marley said.

“I saw you too finish together, you guys finished strong,” Will said. Like before he was radiating friendliness and confidence. He stuck his hand out to Ann, “I’m Will he said, I gave this young lady a pep talk back in the school.”

“Hi, I’m the young ladies sister Ann,” she replied.

“Well look, I don’t mean to go on and bother you, but I think it’s so awesome that young people, and especially girls are into cycling, I wish my own kids weren’t so lazy,” Will laughed. Your parents get you guys into riding?” He asked.

“Our Mom got us into it,” Marley said.

“Lisa May, er well it used to be Lisa Mattingly,” Ann replied.

“Ohhh, yeah, I thought you guys looked familiar, your Mom was in our bike club back in college, man she could ride,” Will said.

“Really, you knew her,” Marley asked.

“Yeah a little bit, she was good friends with Paul, they used to go race all over, there’s a picture of her in the shop,” Will said.

Marley and Ann looked at each other with wide eyes, “Mom told us she used to ride but she didn’t say anything about racing,” Ann said.

“Heck, she was good, won a lot, I guess that was about,” Will began counting fingers off his hand, “Yeah she won the 1999 state championships, so that was 15 years ago.”

The smile faded from Ann’s face, “Huh, she never told us.”

“Well I’ll let you too eat, hope to see you at more races,” Will said as he walked off.

“Oh my God Marley, do you realize Mom stopped racing because she had me,” Ann said.

“Well, yeah, she couldn’t go race pregnant,” Marley said.

“Yeah I guess not, but I wonder why she didn’t start racing until now.” Ann said with a frown. The brother and sister scarfed down their food and in a few minutes their Mom showed up.

“You didn’t tell us you used to race,” Ann said.

“Well, I told you I rode, and I think I mentioned a few races,” Lisa answered.

“Yeah but you didn’t tell us you were good, like 1999 state champion,” Marley said.

“Who told you that?” Lisa said a bit defensive.

“Some guy named Will,” Ann said. “That’s so awesome you were state champion.”

“Well, that was a while ago, I just hope I don’t make a fool of myself today.” Lisa said.
“You’ll do fine Mom,” Ann replied.

A crackly intercom voice flooded the area, “Girls Junior results are posted, podium awards in 10 minutes, please check your results and wait to receive your rewards. The May’s rushed across the grass to the organization tent where a large bulletin board contained several print outs for the day’s results.

“Here we are,” Ann said running her finger down the line. “Huh, well I got 3rd of 3, and you Marley, you got 2nd of 3.” Marley couldn’t hide his smile, he’d beaten someone, the girl who went on the suicide hill attack. There was also a sheet that showed the overall results for all the junior girls. Ann was 8th, Marley 9th placing them right in the middle of the results. “I guess that’s not so bad,” Ann said.

The announcer called up the winners starting with the 16 to 18s, Paul’s stern daughter Amy was, of course, on the top step having set the fastest time and winning the overall race. Marley thought she might have cracked a slight smile, but she still looked mostly serious. Amy’s younger sister, Mandy, won her age group, the 14 to 15s. She smiled bright and waved to the crowd. Ann took the 3rd place step and smiled big as well.

Marley just then realized how many people were taking pictures, he had a mini panic attack. He was getting ready to get called up to the podium dressed like a fairy girl cyclist and get his picture taken. It’s going to end up on the web, he thought. His world froze and he didn’t even notice his sister return, he was called up and didn’t take a step. He was just about to make a dash for it when his sister pushed him forward. Suddenly aware that he was standing in front of a big crowd, Marley gingerly stepped up and took the second step of the podium. He tried to smile but couldn’t quite hide the fear from his eyes.

After what seemed like a million pictures he stepped down an examined the little medal, it had a bike rider on the front crossing the line in victory and on the back it was engraved, “Junior Girls 12-13 second place.” Wow, great, my first medal and it’s for a girl’s race, Marley thought. Still, he was glad to have raced and thought it was pretty cool for his Mom to come up with this crazy idea to save the day. Man, she would do about anything for me, he thought.

In a short time the May family repeated the number pinning and hug routine for their Mom and Lisa took her place on the start line for Women’s Cat 4 race. Despite the fact that this was supposed to be a beginner’s race Lisa was one of the few women not wearing a team kit of some kind. There were, of course, plenty of BikeTech jerseys, and Marley spotted the elder Miss Business Solutions. I hope she’s get better strategy then her daughter, he thought. The race was a bigger field then the juniors, with over 30 riders, but it was still only one lap.

Marley and Ann took a spot up the road a bit and were both jumping and screaming encouragement as their Mom went by. In a few moments they were out of sight down the road. Marley was thinking of something as they walked back towards the staging area, but was embarrassed to ask, finally he said, “Umm, did you bring extra clothes.

“Yeah, what I was wearing and something to change into, why?” his sister replied.

“Well, I was thinking, umm, I really want Mom to get to go out with that guy after the race,” Marley answered.

“So that means you’ve got to go as a girl and you need something to wear,” Ann said with a smile.

“Yeah I guess, trust me, I don’t want to, I’m not enjoying this, I was just thinking, Mom does so much for us, and I just want to do something for her,” Marley said. Ann hugged her little brother.

“That’s really sweet of you, all right, let’s go change, I’m tired of this sweaty stinky stuff anyway. Back at the van Ann handed Marley the jeans and top she’d worn this morning and packed her bag with shorts and a lighter top for the afternoon. Marley looked over his new outfit, and held them up to him. He’d seen these jeans often enough, low rise hip huggers that flared out at the bottom, he frowned at the colorful designs embroidered on the pockets and legs. The top had mid length sleeves that ruffled out and it was cut so that it widened and got a bit ruffled below the boobs. Its color was an intense pink.

“Oh man, this stuff is so girly,” he moaned.

“Well do you think I should dress like a dude, jeans and T-shirt every day, I think not. You could wear my shorts, and this top,” Ann said as she held up some shorts that were extremely short and a floral patterned sleeveless top that was trimmed in lace.

“No this will do,” Marley said.

“Oh one more thing,” Ann handed Marley a pair of panties.

“You’re not serious,” Marley said.

“Your waistband will show in those jeans people are going to wonder, why is this girl wearing fruit of the looms?” Ann explained. Marley rolled his eyes at his sister and stuffed the colorful underwear in his bag. As they walked back towards the school Ann said, “I think we need to use the regular restrooms.”

“No way!,” Marley said.

“Yes way, I don’t think I can talk us out of trouble again if the bathroom police come around, it’s just a bathroom, just walk in go to a stall, change clothes and walk out, it’ll be fine.” Ann said. Marley just grumbled. There were a few people in line at the restrooms and they settled into wait, Marley tried to avoid eye contact with everyone.

“Hey you two, what’s up?” the bubbly Mandy asked coming up from behind.

“Just going to go change clothes, Ann answered.

“Oh come on follow me, you don’t have to wait,” she said grabbing them both and pulling them out of line.

“Umm, is there another bathroom?” Ann asked.

“Yeah, come on, follow,” Mandy said nearly dragging them down the hall, they entered the gym and saw where someone had posted a hand written sign that read “showers.” One of the girl’s from their race walked by and smiled, she was still a bit wet from a shower and carried a couple of bags. Marley looked at Ann almost in panic.

“Oh we don’t need to shower,” Ann said.

Mandy gave them a funny look, “Yeah you do, anyway the best part of finishing a ride is a hot shower.” They went through a tunnel between the bleachers and entered into a hallway, Mandy started to swing open the locker room door and Marley froze, he was just about to make a run for it but Ann grabbed him.

“Umm, Marley’s kind of a late bloomer, and she’s really shy and sort of embarrassed about this, we don’t even have any towels, so we’re going to pass,” Ann said.

Mandy flashed her huge smile towards Marley, “Hey, listen, there’s a handicapped shower stall in here, just go in there, no one will see you OK. And as for towels,” Mandy walked down the hall to a hamper and came back with a couple of towels, “Fresh towel service, No one will be the wiser,” she laughed.

Ann looked at Marley and nodded, Marley gulped and nodded back, they took their towels and entered the locker room. After negotiating a short hall they entered a wide open space filled with steam surrounded by lockers and benches. There were two columns in the room with shower heads sticking out each direction. Most of the showers were in use. Girls were busy lathering up and getting clean. Marley couldn’t help to see, but quickly started looking at the floor. Mandy dropped her stuff at one of the benches that lined the room and immediately stripped off her jersey. Marley saw that she was wearing bib shorts with a very interesting design. The bib straps came together right under her breasts and then separated over the tops of them to go over her shoulders. She was wearing a light blue sports bra, but the straps made her substantial breasts really stand out, Ann looked over to see Marley transfixed on Mandy’s chest. She smacked him, and caught his eye with an evil glance, “Hey, don’t you need to shower.”

Amy stepped out of a cloud of steam completely naked, “She’s probably never seen bib shorts made like that,” she said. Marley looked up at Amy instinctively despite being older and taller she was way slimmer then her sister and had much smaller breasts, he quickly looked away. Stuff like this only happens in Anime, the dirty kind, Marley thought. He thought that he should be excited but really he was so embarrassed that he wanted to run.

“She needs them because her tits are so big,” said another girl showering which caused a raucous laughter.

“Shut up Jennie, you’re just jealous,” said a giggling Mandy. She looked up and saw how uncomfortable Marley looked and stopped laughing. She hopped off the bench and ushered Marley back around a row of lockers where there were some bathroom stalls including an enclosed shower stall. “Gosh I’m so sorry, we’re being so rude, go ahead in there,” Mandy said.

Marley nodded and entered the shower stall. Mandy turned to Ann who had followed them, “I’m sorry here we are making rude jokes and you said your sister was shy,” Ann and Mandy returned to their showering and Marley shut and locked the door on his shower stall. He sat down on a bench and tried to steady his breathing. There was a tall mirror on the stall door and he looked at himself, he saw a girl staring back at him. Marley took off his sister old kit and hung it up then enjoyed a hot shower, but he couldn’t get the images out of his head, he’d never seen naked girls before, nor naked guys for that matter. They didn’t shower in PE and he wasn’t on any sports teams or anything. This was his first experience with a communal shower.

Mandy was right though, the hot shower did feel really good, getting the grime and stink off made him feel like a new man, well that was until he had to put on his sister's clothes. The slightly damp bra and sock stuffers went back on then he pulled up the panties. They were really soft, and he immediately found he liked the soft and stretchy fit way better than the tighty whities he usually wore. They had repeating pattern of rainbow colored hearts in rows and bright blue bands around the legs and waist. He turned around and admired his backside in the mirror. “Nice ass,” he whispered to himself. Marley immediately shock his head and let out a nervous laugh, this is so stupid. He pulled up his sister’s jeans and took a good look in the mirror before heading out. He had to admit that even with the makeup washed off he made a more than convincing girl.

He was prepared this time when he went around the corner and kept his eyes averted from the couple of girls showering and dressing. Ann and Mandy were waiting for him in the gym, they were talking and appeared to have become friends. “Listen I’m really sorry about that in there,” Mandy said.

“Oh, don’t worry, it’s nothing,” Marley said. Ann and Mandy seemed to really hit it off, they chattered almost nonstop as they walked back to the race course. How do girls go on like that, they don’t even know each other and they’re talking like they are best friends. Marley didn’t say much and just followed them around while their discussion bounced from cycling, to school, hot teachers, fashion, hot movie stars, phones, hot boys in their grades, and back to cycling. Marley’s head was spinning, they had talked more in the last 20 minutes then he had his whole life.

“Hey there you are,” Mandy’s dad Paul said as come walking up. You should get to the finish line, your Mom will be coming in soon,” Paul said.

“Cool,” Marley replied glad to be away from the Chatty Cathies.

“Yeah, even more there is a breakaway of three riders coming in and your Mom’s in it,” Paul said with excitement.

Marley and Ann looked at each other, in surprise. “Wow, Mom is good,” Ann said.

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

good son, or is it daughter?

I have to hand it to Marley, he is deep down a good person to put aside his comfort for his mother's pride.

But the shower incident has me a bit perplexed...that wasn't a natural boy or teenage male reaction to either seeing the girls naked nor putting on the girls clothes. Perhaps this whole bike race is a catalyst for something bigger occurring in Marley that was buried deep down.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Thanks,

Thanks,

I was basing Marley's reaction in the shower off my own personal reaction the very first time I walked into a communal shower room, which was just a bunch of guys of all different ages. I didn't realize what I had walked into and seeing all these guys walking around naked without a care in the world emberassed me. I caught myself looking around out of curiosity and tried to remember to look at the floor. I think that my reaction would have been the same if it had been a bunch of females.

Now as far as putting on the girls clothes, I definitely agree that Marley isn't having a typical reaction which I intend to explore.

Hummm, I'm wondering if there

Hummm, I'm wondering if there isn't more to Marley than even he is aware of. He seemed to have more of a female reaction to what was going on in the shower room than a male one.
Be interesting to find out. Also wondering if their mom will run into her old friend at the race, that has been talking to the two girls about her college days and being on a racing team?

bike race showers

Maddy Bell's picture

Are usually a place for comparing tan lines! They are also pretty rare even at professional races hence the team buses. Paul Kimmage has a clone, we are talking the Paul Kimmage, tdf rider I presume? Thought he lived in Ireland but I could be wrong.
Just how many TG bike riders are out there? Is it in the lycra? Does Mr Shimano sprinkle something onto his shifters? Lol


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Hehehe, Paul Kimmage wrote a

Hehehe, Paul Kimmage wrote a book called Rough RIde where he claims to have been doped as a junior cyclist, he is disillusioned with the doping culture in cycling and was instrumental in bringing down Lance. When I was trying to think of a name for this good guy in the book it just popped into my head, I didn't even remember reading Paul Kimmage's book years ago. I guess it left an impression. I realized a while back that he had the same name as the former pro rider, so I thought I'd eventually bring it up as a joke.

As for TG in cycling, I think that's why Lance and Landis took so much testosterone, it wasn't so they could win races, it was to prevent them from wanting to look pretty.

By the way, seeing a comment from you is such an honor!!!!

TG & cycling

Which comes first - the TG concept or is it all about it being BI-cycling ....which conjures up horrid ideas of where the seat fits - yuk
Anyway - for me I think all these ideas are off derailleurs .. no - not another pun. I'll stop now.
AP

New to racing

Renee_Heart2's picture

The two "Girls" maybe new to racing but mom isn't. I hope Marlie will embrace her inner girl she truly is. I'm glad Ann has made a new friend I hope the older girl the serious one. Comes around. I also think mom is in love with one of her college friends.

Love Samantha Renee Heart