Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale chapter 1 part 2

Printer-friendly version

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without!

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box that changes him into a Drow (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the sudden change. Then all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has the 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with, all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

Shadowsblade here.

this story is the original, the first one I did.

I reedited it and added it to here, You may have read it on fictionmania. But I have added some to this story and edited and cleaned it up a bit so you might want to try it again?

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Over in the break room

Everybody is sitting down.

Bill looks at the monitors occasionally, while he and Mike discuss. What tests to run on her next, after she wakes. They then, can get her into rooms with better test equipment. Dr. Otto listens in their conversation, while he goes over stacks of paperwork. Sir Wallace is trying to keep up with the medical discussion, he adds in. That he would like to do a full arcane exam and test on the young lady, as soon as he can. Especially after Aunghadhail said, that Drows use magic differently than her and store immensely large amounts of magic essence in themselves.

At a table across the room, the three girls were sitting there. Gwen is wolfing down mash potatoes and a large salad. Nikki is slowly eating, a small one. They are giggling and carrying on about stuff at school. Sara is sitting there in a huff, as there is no food for her to eat here. Nikki is starting to toss little tomatoes at Gwen from time to time, in the opening shots of a food fight. Sara sits there shaking her head trying to stay out of the line of fire.

Bill and Mike with Sir Wallace are in the discussion too deep to notice, that the monitors stopped displaying information on the patient and the sound was switched off so as not to disturb them as they worked.

Suddenly they hear a thump come down the hallway.

Bill's head snaps up "What the hell?" then turns to the monitors on the wall and sees that they are all flat-lined.
Bill mutters to himself "Stupid...stupid...stupid...I should have watched the monitors all this time like a hawk!"

Nikki shouts "I think she just woke up...As if she just woke up! That's not a good sound!"

Nikki's demeanor changes as Aunghadhail rises "Go down there with caution gentleman. She might be enraged!" Bill looks at the redheaded and just shakes it off. He's out of his chair like a shot, the papers scattered off the table, as he runs out of the room. Mike is hot on his heels.

As Bill and Mike get to the intersection of the hallways. Another crash is heard down the hall from the room. This one sounds like wood and metal splintering all over the room. At the junction Bill looks down the hall toward the room and sees at the far end all twenty guards in the hallway, guns at the ready. A powered armor suit in startup mode. Guys suiting up, into them. Getting ready to go, from their alcoves. He turns and looks behind him toward the other end of the hallway and the same is happening there.

Bill rounds the corner and sees. The guards standing at the door. The door is closed and they have their guns drawn.

Just then, a horrendous thud is heard from in the room. Something major just got tossed in the room and Bill slides across the floor up to the guards. The guards are both looking at each other, not knowing what to do.

Gwen, Nikki and Sara come scooting up behind Bill, with Sir Wallace taking up the rear.

The two guards stop them from going in the room and they say "WE will be going in first!"

Bill says "The hell you an't!....I am not going to have you fill up my hard work full of holes, before she even gets up and says one word!"

Mike grabs and shoves the guard on his side...away and Bill does the same. Mike on the doors right side turns the knob slowly and opens the door a crack. Then he opens the door the rest of the way...slow.
The room is still dark. Mike looks at Bill "You want to turn the light on. I can't see a damn thing in here?"

Bill says "Not yet...lets wait a bit and see what happens?"

One of the guards, gets out a flashlight and starts to shine it in the room. Bill slaps his hand down.

"Don't use that thing. I don't need you startling each other and you blowing a hole in her!"

Dr. Otto says to the guard and Bill "A flashlight has a tendency to upset people very fast, use the room lights or nothing."

Bill looks at Otto "Your the expert."

Both Bill and Mike look over the room as best they can. With the available light from the hall, but they don't dare enter the room yet.

Bill looks over to Mike in the darkness "Well bud turn on the light switch and lets see what we got in here" Mike turns on the light switch and all the lights snap on in the room.

The room is just destroyed! Bits of the bathroom door all over the floor.
The bed is flipped on its side and smashed long ways about TWO feet off the floor with the mattress side to the wall. It's embedded in the wall...stuck fast into it!

Bill in shock whispers to Mike "That! hospital bed weighs at least a Thousand pounds! She tossed it like it was nothing and its stuck 'IN!' the wall."

"Hey Mike do you see her? I don't see her?" Bill whispers again.

Mike says "Is she in the bathroom??" and they look around some more.

Gwen squeezed between the two "She's in the corner....She's under the sheets, in the corner. I think, I just saw her move."

Gwen looks harder...."She is definitely there! She's under the sheet. I can see a foot!"

Bill asks Gwen "You sure?"

Gwen looks up at Bill..."Elf eyes buddy....I am sure!"

Nikki is about to say something and Sara slaps her hand over Nikki's mouth then whispers in her ear "Don't say anything...if there is anyone in this room that can set her off....it's you! Just be quiet" she whispers.

Sir Wallace says to Nikki after seeing what Sara did "Maybe you should stay back. If she hears your voice in her condition, it might set her off.....yet again ....We've already seen that, she does not like you" Nikki nods back.

Bill whispers "Let me try something?"

Mike says back "Go for it."

Bill softly says "hey you?"

Mike looks at him "What do you mean "hey you?"

Bill says again "Hey you senior."

Mike looks "What are you doing?"

"I was joking with the guy before, about what is his real name and we kind of joked that we need something for the paperwork. He said "hey you senior" Because "Hey you Junior" was taken."

Sara taps Gwen on the shoulder....Gwen jumps for a second "Gwen I know this is a lot to ask, she did like you. Could you go in there and see if you can get her attention? She's under the sheet."

Gwen looks back at Sara, gulps at that question "Did you see what she did to the bed? Like I said in the meeting room upstairs not an hour ago..... Squash me like a bug!"

"Your her friend too Sara" Gwen whimpers.

"Yes me and her have a lot of time in her mind. But I think your voice is a lot more soothing than mine" Sara encourages the Elf.

Gwen moaned "I'll try it BUT, if I end up dead. I'm haunting you!"

Sara looks at her "Idle threats....idle threats....I got enough ghosts haunting me. To worry about little old you."

Gwen's starts walking in and she turned back to Bill..."Bill I forgot something"
He says "What?" anxiously.
"What was that name we gave her?" Gwen voice quivers.
"It was "hey you senior" Bill whispers.
...."Okay....hey you senior...got it" she walks out slowly.

"Be careful Gwen" Bill whispers.

Gwen turns back to Bill as she's walking up on the huddled form in the corner "She won't hurt me, I'm not worried"....she thinks 'I hope.'

Gwen thinks to herself....I've seen this before. Girls at Poe in shock from something or other. Especially the changelings, or the other emotional problems that seem to come with mutating in your teenage years. Anyone that graduates four years of living at Poe, has at least a minor in psychology or is a de facto expert on the subject. After all the meltdowns everybody has. Gwen has even been there herself more than once.

"Hey you senior....it's the green haired elf" she says in this singsong voice as she walks in.

She gets over to the pile of sheets, bends down, figures out where the head is at.
Gwen gets down on her knees and sits next to her. She whispers "hey you senior ...you there?" The sheet just shakes a little bit.
She reaches over and pulls the sheet away from her face, thinks about it.

"WOW!......seeing you for the first time NEAT!...Your cute....In all seriousness, I'm not just saying it....Your cute!"
She pulls the rest of the sheet back a bit and finds a newly minted elf. Curled up in a ball, with her legs up against her chest and her arms wrapped around them.
Then, with her face buried in her knees and she is rocking back and forth saying something.

Gwen looks at the elf and she sees her new friend is looking straight across room. In shock obviously.

Gwen turns to Sara and whispers "Sara I think we are getting more into your zone...now...She's in shock, she's not here, the lights on but nobody's home."

Sara slips between Bill and Mike. Then starts walking slowly, but softly over there to Gwen and the new elf are. Then she slowly sits down next to both of them and touches the shoulder of the dark elf.

Sara says to her in a near whisper "I told you I would be here, when you woke up. You should have at least said something when you woke up. Did you go into the bathroom. Get a good look at yourself and really freak yourself out?"

The dark elf does not respond....She's just looking straight across the room. Totally oblivious to anyone sitting next to her. Mumbling and rocking slightly .

Sara touches her shoulder again, then gives her a 'firm' shake. Sara yells at the dark elf.
"Look at me damn it!
I spent all that time with you!
Not talking to me....that's bullshit!
You talk to me!
Your going to talk to me if I have to slap the crap out of you!"

Gwen says timidly "Don't get her mad!"

Sara yells "Gwen shut up!"

Gwen whispers in the elf's ear "Come on its not that bad. --We've all gone through this. Me, Sara, even N...." Gwen stops herself from saying it...."Others too!" She adds "What?....This is the easy part!"

Sara looks over the dark elf, lifting up the sheet and looking at her "Everything looks pretty intact and healthy....No bruises or injuries, nothing I can see."

Sara noted to Gwen "She is saying something?"....."Gwen what is she saying? Can you hear it?"

Gwen tells Sara "I can't make It out.....She's mumbling too much."
Gwen hugs the dark elf, a Hug trying to get through to her and get closer. She puts her head up to the side of her face. So she can hear better.

Aunghadhail was trying to get a better look in to the room, she takes charge of Nikki and she slips in to the room. As Bill and Mike are no longer standing completely in the doorway. Then she slides along the wall going to the bathroom door. No one in the room seems to have noticed her move, since they were so engrossed by what Sara and Gwen where doing at the time.

Sara pips in "Well?"

Gwen whispers "Give me an minute!"

Sara shakes the elf again..."Speak up! You got a voice use it!"

Gwen looks at Sara "She is saying...I'm a monster...over and over again. The same words hundreds of times....That's all, she is saying"

Sara YELLS at the dark elf "Your not a monster! Don't think that! You're an elf of a valiant old race!! Your a freaking elf...suck it up!"

Sara shakes the elf HARD!...So hard, the elf's head shakes back and forth wiht the motion.

Gwen cries "Don't do that! She's catatonic!"

Sara shouts back "I gotta do something!"

Sara shakes her again...."Talk to me damn it!"

Nothing...The elf just mumbles on....Starring straight ahead.

"TIME for some tough love!" Sara yells at her.....THEN SLAPS THE DARK ELF HARD across the face.

Sara shakes her again "You got people behind you....You got friends and.....

Just as Sara says that last word.

Aunghadhail does the world's stupidest thing...She takes hold of Nikki, pushes her back mentally.....and says ~"Please let me take over"~ in Nikki's mind.

Nikki says "Okay but Sir, said be quiet."

Aunghadhail says to Nikki in their mind ~"I'm in charge!...I know what to do!"~

Nikki relents and lets her have control...

The wheels of fate click in.

Aunghadhail says something stupid and as it echoes across the room.
"Is the child okay?"

Sara's look snaps across the room and just as she thinks in her mind....To tell her mouth to say "shut up" to the stupid Queen...........it's too late.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(in my world)

The next thing I know I'm under a sheet balled up in fear.
Thinking 'I'm a monster.'
My life is over....Whatever life I had is over and I could hear the green haired elf trying to talk to me. I'm just not paying attention.
...........I don't care.
Then I hear Sara's voice and she's trying to talk to me.
I'm mumbling "I am monster" over and over again and they pulled the sheet off my head.
I can see them, but I'm not looking at them.
I can see the guards standing outside the door, Bill and Mike by the door. Someone else entered while, I was paying attention to what Sara was saying. While she was shaking me, trying to get through to me.
I was staring.....listening.

The one who entered! It's the redhead and she walked in the room. Behind Bill and Mike and she's almost dead center the room. Along the far wall, next to the bathroom and she said something!

"Is the child Okay."

Those Words Bore Straight through My Mind like a Lightning Bolt.

In my mind....the mean elf, that I was battling for control of the body
STOP fighting!
We both pretty much nod in agreement to each other....The fights over.
We declare a mental truce IN that split-second and we agree on one thing working together to......
KILL THAT FUCKING ELF!
We are to confront her and then we are going to slit her throat!

I snap out of my daze and think...'I can kill the elf....Get it done in five or ten minutes and go back to wallowing in self-pity.... That's a goal we can do.'

As the sound of her saying "Is the child okay" goes across the room.

I spring up in one smooth motion.
It shocks everybody and I push Sara and Gwen out of my way. I brush Gwen's hug on me and her off me like. She does not even exist. I push Sara across the floor....They both go skittering across the room.

I Stride across the room with purpose, towards the redhead as I do things happen and I have no control over.
The elf in me opens the door in my mind, to all that she knows....
THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM! are mine now....all of it!
How to do everything flooded back in my memory.
How to walk.
How to fight.
How to use a sword.
How to use my armor.
How to use all my magic.
Its is all there for me to use, its like a giant library opened up and its all mine!

My Hard Dark Black Leather Armor manifests on me, to cover my naked form.

A Sword POPS out of no where and flows out of the ether into my right hand. A chosen sword. I know is gonna finish this job quick.

I cross the room. I have the sword pointed at the Redhead's Neck. As I'm walking across the room. My eyes are aglow with ANGER in......Deep Red.

Time is slowed down I can see she's an absolute shock. Now that I'm now standing up and coming toward her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(What Aunghadhail-Nikki saw)

Aunghadhail says as she slides in the room and past Mike-- "is the child okay"
She barely finishes saying it when. She realizes something! That she might have overstepped her bounds.
BUT.....She is Queen! She knows better than these humans! What one of her subjects should be treated like!
As she's thinking that. The DROW stands up more like Springs! up...straight up... Without even pushing off the wall. Knocking both Gwen and Sara skittering across the floor.
The Drow takes two steps forward...her armor comes on....a sword POPS in her hand.

Aunghadhail says "OH NO" and takes a step back.
Throws up a magic shield.

------------------------------------------------------------

(back in my world)

I step forward towards the redhead.
I'm gonna murder her for sure. Its already in my mind.
I see her wave her hands and call forth magic in front of me.
I can see her pull the ley lines to form the shield spell.
I know what magic you do and I know this.
I know what spell she pulled up.
I really know it's weak and it's useless.
She may be powerful....But she doesn't have those skills that a fighter would have.....Not one of me....

......A DROW!!!

I know.....I picked my weapon correctly. I smash the point of it, deep into the shield spell with ease and it splinters, cracks, shatters its smooth surface.
I reached forward through the sword with my own magic.
I rip the magic from her shield from around her. It flows down the sword into me.
I drink up the magic essence, FOR MY USE from now on.
I take another step forward and she backs up....Her back is now to the wall and I have her pinned....The sword right to her throat. She whimpers "Ghost Killer" as she sees the blade up close.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(In Aung's and Nikki's fear filled mind)

Aunghadhail says "OH NO" to Nikki in her mind. As the shield collapses and she recognizes a sword. She whispers "Ghost killer"

Nikki says ~"What's that?"~

Aunghadhail says nothing.

She can see....She can feel the terror from Aunghadhail for the first time.
As her back hits the wall.
~"Aunghadhail what!"~ Nikki wails, mentally

~"I am sorry child"~ Aunghadhail comforts Nikki, deep in their shared mind.
~"I think this elf means to kill us.
I made a mistake.
I have overstepped my bounds.
I should have not said anything.
That sword is made for killing souls...spirits like me.
It rips the ghosts out of possessed people, like I have done to you.
It kills it instantly and destroys it completely.
Problem is young one, that sword accomplishes its goal by being sliced through our neck.
It is going to kill you doing it.
I'm sorry....I made a grievous error.
There is nothing I can do.
We will probably die today."~ Aunghadhail near hugs, Nikki in that shared mental world of theirs.

Nikki says sobbing ~"Aunghadhail what about magic?"~

The Queen answers ~"She is too close. She has got her own shield. Her armor is good and that sword shattered my shield in a split second. By the time I get a spell up. She will run our neck through or have chopped off our head.
She is too fast and I know it."~

Nikki sobs out, crying deep inside....~"What about the Banshee Wail?"~

The Queen tells her gently ...~"Our Banshee Wail is very effective. But this Drow will laugh it off, like it does not even exist. All it will do is hurt your friends badly."~

Aunghadhail consoles Nikki in her mind, for what is about to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(In my world)

I TOWER OVER THE SMALL ELF QUEEN

I have the sword at her neck the point just resting on its skin.

I am ready to drive it home and END THIS!

I Say to Her in a Voice. That's a Combination of My Own and Little Bit of the Dark Elf

I SCREAM! AT HER!

"You Did This to Us...
You Stole Our Lives...
You Took Us From Our Homes...
You Took Us From Our Families...
You Bound Us to Your Will...
You Made Us Slaves....
You Made Us Fight....
You Changed Us to This....
We Were at Your Beck and Call....
Always on Your Orders, Never Having One of Our Own....
You Did This to Us....
To Fight Your Battles....
NO Freedom Our Own....
NO Mind of Our Own..."

"We Would Assume Freely the Fight...If You'd Asked...We Knew the Stakes!"

"You Never Asked....You Just Made Us Do It!"

Thinking with agreement. The Dark Elf says same thing that I'm thinking.
Just stick the sword through her neck....kill this Queen!...The sword Is made just to kill the ghost. So what if the young elf that is standing here dies. We get the ghost that's all we need...REVENGE!

Kill...Queen Aunghadhail the Spirit. That's What We Want!

Sir Wallace Is standing in the door and the two guards are pointing their guns at me. I wave them off mentally they are nothing! I know they their guns are ineffective.

After I kill the Queen. I will kill them and leave this place!

Then, the English Gentleman says something? That burns through the Bloodlust I am in.

He says "Don't shoot her! In her pretty little head. It won't do any good. She's probably got a shield, plus that armor."

Him saying that...snaps my attention.
"Pretty little head?"
He thinks I'm pretty! Really? A human? Thinks I'm not a Monster?
Why a guy saying that to me.....a male? Gets to me. I don't understand?
BUT!
He did say "Pretty" as in not a monster!

Instantly....I snap out of the trance. The deep bloodlust, I am in.
My eyes lose the red glow.
I realize what I'm doing. I was about to stick a sword through someone's neck! and I'm not sure. I One hundred percent hate them? or both of them?

'The sword how did it get my hand?' I'm thinking to myself and I drop it....It disappears, It vanishes in the nothingness.
I take a step back.
Then I'm crying out "What's Going on? What's Going on? I Don't Get What, I Did?"
I step back towards the corner where, I think it's safe.
I notice as I step back. I have Armor on?
As I look at it and cry..."WHY? How did this Happen?" It vanishes.

I finally back myself into the corner and the shock of all of this....The change....This just now. Comes back over me and I slide down the corner of the room to curl up in a ball. I grab the sheets and pull them over myself to cover-up. I want to disappear.

Then the blackness takes me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(from Sara's point)

Sara and Gwen see Nikki come in the room and Sara is about to say "Shut up" to the Aunghadhail. As she says "Is the child okay?"
Sara knew only Aunghadhail, would not listen to her about walking in the room.

The dark elf stands up in one motion, slaps her and Gwen sliding across the room. Armor appears on The Drow....she takes another step. A sword POPS out of nowhere into her hand.

Aunghadhail makes her shield.
Its completely ineffective...The sword POPS through it in a second! It shatters it, the magic coalesces down the blade and into the dark elf. That in turn, drinks up its essence.

Aunghadhail says something she can't make out. She's pinned against the wall. The newly minted elf is saying "You did this to us...You bound us...We were slaves...You used us...Why and as the dark elf is saying all these things.

Sara is trying to get her feet 'What am I going to do?' she thinks 'That dark elf has got the drop on Aunghadhail and there is nothing I can do from here!'

She's thinking what to do and Gwen is stumbling to her feet behind her.

Sir Wallace says something "Don't shoot her in her pretty little head" and that snaps the dark elf out of the bloodlust that she's in. She steps back in shock, drops the sword not knowing what it is. The armor disappears. Then she collapses in the corner and Blacks out.

Sarah looks around the room and it's quiet. VERY quiet!
Gwen still trying to stand up.
Sara looks at everybody "What was that!!"
Sara looks at Aunghadhail and she can see that. Aunghadhail the "Queen" not Nikki is scared, for the first time she's ever seen.

The Queen is actually scared.

Sara looks over at Aunghadhail "Aunghadhail what was that?" she asks.

It takes a split second for Aunghadhail to even notice, that Sara is talking to her.

Sara repeats again "What was that?"

Aunghadhail says excitedly "That was close....That Drow meant to kill us! She was a second away from killing us! I know it and she had the sword to do it!"

Sara questions her, as she shakes her head about "What? Sword Aunghadhail?"

Aunghadhail is trying to regain her composure "That sword was 'Ghostkiller' It was made to kill spirits possessing a person. Its one of the main things that you do with it." she stands there in thought for a few minutes.
"I am sorry that, I said anything I was out of place. This is where you should have been. I thought, I should have done something. Let me get out of the room before, she wakes up and goes on a bloodlust again at me" and Aunghadhail walks out of the room.

The guards are standing there and have their guns pointed at the Drow on the floor.

Sara look at them "Guys those pip-squeak pistols, aren't going to hurt her one bit. You could probably empty the mag and all its going to do is piss her off. So why don't you just put them things away."

The guards look at each other.

Bill glares at both of them "Guys and I'm an ex-marine...yeah...I don't think those guns are going to do one bit. She's an exemplar three?... With who knows what regen level? That we been able figure without doing a full exam. Those guns aren't going to do nothing! Not a Nine millimeter, not versus that! You just gonna tick her off! look!"

He then points at the wall with a BED stuck in it!!
"Look what she did to the bed! She chucked a One thousand pound bed across the room! Do you really think a little pistol gonna really do any good?" He says sarcastically.

They look at each other, as they put away their guns.

"There you go guys...using your brains!" Bill, jests them.

Sara looks to Bill "Is there another room we can use? This one obviously, is kind of messed up now" she giggles.

"There is one right next door, identical to this" Bill answers.

"Well help me pick this elf up and let's get her in there" Sara huffs.

Bill says, as he runs out of the room "Let me change the sheets quick"

"Make sure they are cotton!" Sara yells.

Bill mumbles "I know...I know elf allergies...I read it" and he runs out of the room.

He comes back a minute or two later with a pile of sheets under one arm and says "You want to start carrying her in there now?"

Sara asked "Is there anything to lay her on?"

Bill says "Well....The bed?"

Sara looks at him, like he's an idiot "Does the bed have a plastic cover on it?" she asks sarcastically.

Bill thinks "Oh yeah...Lay her on a plastic cover, she is going to?"

Sara chides him "....Yes....Exactly silly."

He runs into the Hall and she can hear him toss the room. Then, he comes back a couple minutes later.

"Thank God she is still out" Sara says as she helps Bill pick her up and they drag her down the hallway.

One of the guards says "She should not leave the room."

Bill looks over his shoulder, at the two guards "That's not a room anymore. That's a disaster. I'm taking her to her new room."

Mike has been standing there pretty much dumbstruck by the whole thing. Not knowing what to do.

Gwen is still getting her marbles together and stumbles out of the room. Complaining about a hurt butt and other pains.

Sir Wallace is completely unfazed walks out of the room.....Gotta love that British uppercrust.

Sara helps Bill get the elf into the bed. Then throws a sheet on top her.

"Man she is still out" says Bill.

Sara looks to Bill "Wouldn't you be unconscious too?
You just woke up.
Your a dark elf.
Your girl.
You had the shock of your life.
You hear the voice of your sworn enemy across the room-- say something.
You whip out armor and a sword.
You try to kill her.
But you don't realize you're doing it. When you do realize it. That you're doing it. You realize that. You just did something. You should not be able to do!
Like pull stuff out of thin air!!
Don't you think you might pass out too? For a while?
While your trying to reassess the situation?" Sara sasses at Bill

Bill nods his head "Yes I see your point!....So?....What are we going to with her in here?"

Sara quipped "Besides whatever she wants! I don't know? Lets wait till she wakes up. Till then, me and Gwen are staying here until she does!"

Sara turns, walks over to the desk. Grabs a chair then slides it over next to the bed "I'm going to sit here until she wakes up! That's it! I figure she will be up in a half an hour so, as soon as she has finished an "adjustment" mentally then comes back to us."

A minute later, Gwen comes walking the room and sees what Sara's doing with the chair. She looks at Bill "Don't just stand there "Bill" Go get me a chair!"

He looks at the small elf "Okay....I see, you two are in charge now. I'll go get that chair."

He walks out of the room and notices. Mike isn't around? He walks back into the first room. Mike still standing there.

Bill walks up to Mike and starts snapping his fingers in his face.
"Earth to Mike, earth to Mike, come on back!" Mike kind of snaps out of it. "You okay buddy?" Bill asks.

Mike says slowly "W...o...w that was kind of...intense...."

"Yeah...would you get on the same page with everybody else? -- We are on chapter Twelve I think you're still in....like...nine maybe?" Bill jokes at Mikes expense.

"Like...a...yeah" Mike, near drools.

"Dude why don't you sit at the med center for a while and let your brain catch up to this. I know it's not Doctor stuff? But come on...man....you have seen some combat in your life! Don't tell me your having, a freaking flashback or something?" Bill asks, from his near catatonic friend.

Mike looks at Bill "I'm okay nothing like that...just...I've never seen anything like that."

"Welcome to the club bud! You think? I see this all the time working on the floor? Your the mutation specialist I though that you would see people burst into flames or who knows what else, all the time!" Bill adds.

He grabs a chair out of this room. Walks it over for Gwen to sit in. Bill puts it by the bed then, Gwen sits down. She says "Thanks" and waits.

After a while I come to and I am laying back in the bed.
I open my eyes, I can tell it's a different room. The size is different by an inch or so. Then add the paint color is different by two shades I can see, with my new eyes. I wonder why I am here? I sit up, suddenly. Sara's next to me and she puts her hand on my shoulder. She says to me, in a soft tone "Lay back down, your safe...are you okay?"

I lay back down at her insistence. I look at her "What happened?"

She says to me softly "You kind of...flipped out...basically!...What do you remember? Tell me and then I'll fill in from there."

I say "I remember..."

Gwen interrupts "Flipped out?! You freaked out!"

Sara spins around looks at Gwen and gives her the face of DOOM! "Shut! The hell up! I'm working here!" Sara hisses, through clinched teeth.

Sara looks back at me and says softly. As friendly as she can muster "Continue... everything's good."

I close my eyes "I remember getting up, getting out of bed, getting kinda used to what this is" I wave my arms over my body "What I am now...I walked across to the bathroom" I stop and think...far too long...to be normal.

She says "Continue....it's okay"

"I turn on the light, I looked in the big mirror in there" and I stop...I'm sitting there thinking....thinking.

Next thing I know, Sara is shaking me again.

She whispers "Your okay" now she's starts giving me a hug "You're all right."

"What happened?" I ask.

"It looks like you slipped away again."

"What happened?" I ask again.

"I don't want you to key back in to what happened....just remember everything's fine."

I think about it 'I looked in the mirror....ahh shit! I am a fucking monster.'

I'm stuttering "I am monster" again.

I start to skitter off the bed. The sheets start to come off me again, but don't and I fall off the bed. To land on the left side, away from both of them. I start curling up in a ball, all covered in sheets. Back up in the corner, once again.

Everything is starting to fade out and I can't hear her.

Next thing I know, Sara is shaking me awake again "What happened?" I ask.

I noticed, I am on the floor again. Back in the corner.

Sara looks at me "You keep on zoning out there, saying one word. I am not going to say it. Then you zone off, like for a half an hour there....again...It's where we found you the last time, in the corner like this."

I look at her "What was I saying?"....I was looking in the mirr....."

"You said...your a monster...OKAY...lets get over it" she loses some of the kindness in her voice.

"Ya...I...I...I......" I'm stuttering out.

She is on me and Gwen joined in the hug "It's okay we're here for you....You can come back to us."

Sara whispers to me "You're not a monster."

I lean off her hug and look at Sara in her eyes "I am!...What do you expect, I can't go outside? You can go outside! SHE can outside!" I point at Gwen "The redhead can!....I go on the street. They are going to freaking kill me!...I know it!"

I pull the sheets back off me,,, as we all sit on the floor..."Look!...I STICK OUT!" I yell.

Sara says "No that's not going to happen."

"I remember the riots!" I jump back at her.

Sara states "That was the 1970's...This is now! They are a little bit more accepting. I won't say these humans, around here are perfect at all."

She adds "I'm not going to say your not going to stick out. But your an elf One thing I know you can probably do!"
As she says that, the softness in her voice...she had goes and She gets a little sassy to me "Just! like Gwen can do here and I know Nikki can show you!...IS illusions....You can put an illusion on yourself or put an illusion on an object. That you carry around, like a piece of jewelry or something. No one will figure out what you look like. Anyone that can see you, is a magic user. So that means they are a mutant or something and are not going to care. So don't worry about it " she explained to me.

"Anyway" Sara giggles and looks at Gwen "We have got two dark elves at school now"

I say "Really?"

Gwen says "They are "close"....to you, about the same skin color. They definitely! have different eyes! But they are, dark elves."

Sara backs up laughing "Ohh ya one of them is a dark elf all right!"

Gwen starts laughing and laughing out loud.

I look at them both "I don't get the joke?"

"Ohh you'll hear about it later ...You kinda have to....We will fill you in later...it's..it's funny, you will like it" Sara giggles.

Gwen giggles "Well that new one is Belphoebe, she's a baby!"

Sara looks over at Gwen "YA....baby one week old, going on 16 years old...baby."

I ask "What do you mean? One week going on 16. I don't get it?"

Sara shakes her head "Don't worry about it! It's really funny. you're going to love it!"

Gwen looks to Sara "I hate to say this to you" and she starts to look, back at me... "You REEK!"

Sara laughs "Ya we need to get you in the shower."

"Okay" I say softly with some reluctance.

Sara say insistently "Hey...Don't worry about it. Ya turned into a girl. I did it" she elbows Gwen in the shoulder. Gwen says fast, at her sudden nudge "Me too."

Sara adds "The shower it can be shocking. But your going to get used to it. Your going to be around for a while. You might as well start excepting who you are."

I look at Sara, I ask "What do you mean "Around for a while" that sounded kinda ominous the way you said that."

Sara lifts my head up and looks at me right in the eyes and states to me "Your an elf. Your life expectancy is probably like Twenty...Thirty maybe? 100,000 years long....maybe longer?"

I am thinking about what she just said "That's what that dark elf, was saying when we where arguing!"

Sarah gets a surprised look over here face "You where arguing 'WITH?' The dark elf?"

"YA...I've won the first fight with her. Where did that sword come from I had and the armor I was in?" I stop in thought " OHH....I remember that now."

Gwen chirps in fast "Yeah! That's from when you freaked out and almost killed Nikki!"

"I almost killed Nikki...? The redhead?" I ask surprised and embarrassed.

Off she goes again "YA! you almost came close and you had that sword her right to her neck! If Sir Wallace had not said something that snapped you out of it. I'm sure, you would've drilled right through her."

Sara is looking at Gwen with her mouth hanging open. Then she gives Gwen the most evil eye! Then mouths out silently to her "Later, I am going to hurt you!"

Gwen gulps and shuts up.

I think about what she just said "I hate her. But I don't think I want to kill her? But? it's..." as I'm thinking about it. I can feel my voice changing. I know the dark elf is talking.... My voice goes cold "I want her dead!"

Sara looks at me in shock! "What was that? Was that. the dark elf talking?"

"Of course it is...I want her dead! For what she did to us" she says coldly.

"WOW!....can we talk to the human for a while?"

"Fine" I say coldly and I snapback. I look at Sara "That's weird."

"Yep it was...Are you two are still fighting on in there?" Sara asks.

"Yeah it's about equal now. We both, pretty badly kicked each other's butts in here. But I think I got the winning hand on her. That's good...But I'm still thinking about...." I fade out.

Sara says "Don't go there!"

I start losing it again. Say to her "I still think I should be dead....Should've been dead long ago already."

Sara shakes me out of it again. She says to me, in a intense tone "Everything is going to be fine. Stop thinking that way! Your depressing...me, damn it!"

"I can't" the tears are rolling now. I am fully lost in, crying this out "I can't help it. I am not seeing anyways out here....okay?"

Sara- shakes me. She tilts my face up to her's, then looks at me in the eyes "Look at me!...Your going to be okay!...You just need to get out of this hole in the ground!...Get outside. Get to our school and you will start fitting in real quick!..I'm sure!....I will be able to show you some neat stuff. Gwen will too and if you can make up with Nikki?...I'm sure she'll help you out a lot...okay? There's a lot of people at school, that are going love you...okay?" she then, gives me one of those "More than friends" hugs.

She stops hugging me. Then she stops to think for a second while tilting her head in thought and puts a finger up to her lips. That right there is driving me crazy. All too sexy for words "By the way have you thought of a name yet damn it?" She asks me.

I look at her "I thought you would have a baby book for waiting for me? You broke your word! That's not good. To break your word to me!" I say to her...getting REAL serious in my voice on that last part.

I then for some reason I get REAL mad at her for breaking her word. I look up into her face and I say very coldly..."Never break your word to me ever again! I mean it...I was a man of his word. But after this change? Don't ask me why? That betrayed feeling, of someone breaking a word or a vow to me is WAY stronger....I can't stand it!...A persons word has more meaning now to me then ever!"

She gets a guilty smirk across her face "Yeah I kinda forgot the book...okay? Ya know?....I'll print one out for you...right? or we will look up one on the Internet?"

I look back to her "Print out a book, that fast?"

She says "Yes"

"Internet?" I look at her totally lost in the word and what it is "What's that?"

She buries her face in her palm with a slap!
"OY..VEY....We've got a looooong talk...We got to catch you up!"

"Yeah, I kinda guessed that!....Can you get me some books in here? At least on the last Thirty years? Maybe history? That might help out!"

Gwen peeps in "You don't know the Internet? What about computers?"

I look at her with distain "I'm Thirty years out of date...Not Three hundred! I know what a computer is! I'm guessing its a lot smaller and lot faster NOW!" I sass at her.

"Yeah" she says sheepishly.

"So I will figure it out?" but and just as I'm thinking about that thirty years lost...I tear up and lose it again.

Sara gives me, another bear hug "Lets stand you up!"

Gwen looks at Sara "Us? Pick her up? I don't think so...Let's go get a guard."

I am still there in the corner, all balled up in sheets and sobbing a bit. While Gwen hugs me to comfort me.

Sara gets up and walks over to the door, opens it up "Hey you knucklehead."

The guard looks at her, angry "Yes I'm talking to you! Come here" she orders him.

The guard walks over looking at us. Sara asks "Will you do us a favor here, pick her up and get her to the shower?

"I am supposed to be guarding her. Not helping medically" he says.

Sara says slowly, like she is talking to a moron and getting mad at him "Just pick her up and get her in the shower...matter fact...just a second...stand there."

She bolts out into the hallway and yells "Bill" down the hallway.

I then hear a "YO!" now that the door is open. I can hear down the hallway and I am listening. Sara comes back in and Bill is standing there with her.

I see him and say "Hey...its Bill I remember you...devil doc!!" I look up at him "I have one question?"

He says "Shoot?"

"What's with the Twenty-two guys at one end of the hallway and the twenty-three on the other end of the hallway. All with heavy weapons?" I ask.

Bill looks at me in shock...his eyes pop open. The guard, is just as shocked.

Sara looks at me "How did you know that? and two how did you come to an exact number?"

"I don't know....
I can hear them and I could tell one footstep from the next.
I counted the heartbeats.
I know they have heavy weapons by how they hold them in their hands and wear them on their shoulders.
Something else is down there on each end. I hear allot of whirring of small motors or something like that" I say.

Bill looks at me surprised "You can hear all that from here?"

"Yea...I'm finding out I can do a lot of weird stuff." I stutter in thought and speech "...It just keep's...Every second I sit here...More and more keeps pouring in my head!! Like that armor. I know what it is now. How I got the sword and how its works. The more think about it. I know which one it was and why I picked it"

Sara looks at me "Okay..lets start with the sword, why did you pick it?"

"Because it was the quickest thing. I knew that would kill Aunghadhail's spirit out of Nikki's body" I say sharply.

Sara says getting kinda mad at me "You DO!! realize that would have killed Nikki!....right?"

"Ohhh...Yes! I know that it would have killed Nikki...I was sure of it. It was the second reason why I picked it!" I say.

Sara.....more than shocked now, her eyes narrow at me "Lets see if we can get you and Nikki liking each other."

"I don't think being....I don't know about me and Nikki....But me and Aunghadhail are gonna be knocking heads for a while. I don't like her for what she did" I get mad at the end and growl deeply a bit.

Sara kneels down and whispers in my ear "What did she do to you? Your going to have to tell me sooner or later. If you don't want to tell me fine. Tell Gwen. Your going to have to tell someone...so that...we know what to do."

I look at her...I pull away from her. I get mad at her!! and she can see it. She starts to back off....Seeing something coming.
With my right hand. I grab a bunch of Sara's top and pull her real close to my face.

The guard starts to get antsy, on the edge of my vision...I spin my face to him, a face that must look very mean by now "DON'T EVEN THINK OF IT...BOY!" I hiss at him.

I look back to Sara "Why don't you ask the Queen? She obviously hasn't told you and she's supposed to be one your "friends"... Ask her?" I then let go and calm down.

Sara looks at me in shock at the move. I just did and says a little shaky "Ahh did you know that
when your real mad....Your eyes glow red?"

"Nope....I did not know that" I say...'humm' I think.

Gwen jumps in "I though I saw that. But I did not say anything. I though I was seeing things."

Bill adds "I saw it too, when you attacked Nikki."

Bill bends down and grabs me "Lets get you in that shower" and stands me up with the guards help. The guard...he's on my left side and a plan forms in my mind.

Then that silly sheet falls of. Gwen immediately grabs it and starts to cover me up. I stare at Gwen "What are you doing?"

She lectured back to me "Your chick!...please...these are guys...modesty!"

"Whatever" I mumble.

I can seen the guard, is definitely ogling me.

I glare at him...He is easily only inches from my face "Eyes UP HERE BUD!...We are going to the shower."

Grabbing the sheet. I pull it over me. Then they walk me into the bathroom and put me on the seat bench in the shower. 'Obviously this is a well equipped hospital.' I think to myself.

They go to pull the sheet away and I am not having any of THAT!

Gwen shoots in there "I got it from here guys!! You two get out of here! Girls stuff!"

I look at Gwen "Just go and close the door...I got this, give me a while....give me a half an hour?"

"Fine!" and she close the shower door.

Gwen turns to both of the guys "Git!...GO....SCOOT!" she shoos them out of the bathroom and closes that door.

Gwen looks at Bill....then steps up to him and grabs on to his shoulder "Would you mind getting her....like some clothes?"

Bill says quickly "Ya that would be a good idea. Hospital gowns are kinda stupid. I got an idea, there are some cotton sweats in the break room sleeping area. They are One hundred percent cotton, that otta work!" and off he scoots.

The guard goes, to stand outside the room's door and Gwen walks out then walks down the hallway to the med center. Where Nikki's waiting with Sir Wallace and Dr. Otto.

Sara knocks on my bathroom door "You okay in there?" She hears the water and leaves.

By this time I got the water on and the sheet tossed aside. My plan is working. I know, what I want to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(In the hallway med center desk area)

Bill comes back to the med center area, with folded up set of cotton sweats and drops them on the desk "This otta fit her." he says, as he takes his seat.

Mike is just walking up with a coffee service, then nods to the guards "Come here and get a cup of coffee."

They both walk over to the med center desk, couple feet is away from their post at the room's door and pour a cup of coffee for themselves.

Bill says "Well these will fit. That will help her out a little bit. Get her on her feet. Get her moving around. Get her mind off stuff."

Sara looks to Mike "Doc can you get some books in history? A library in to her?"

Mike says "Just about Ninety-nine percent of everything in this building, is on computer and they're not going to let her have computer access. I guarantee that! They are not going to let, a patient at her level. Have a Internet access. They probably won't even pipe TV down to her."

Aunghadhail in control of Nikki asks "How is she doing?"

"She's a little bit better" Sara looks at it Aunghadhail "She hates your guts. There's no doubt about it!....Nikki on the other hand...She might be able to get with her. You and her gotta talk....and Aunghadhail? I'll say this in front of everybody. What the hell did you do to her! It's obviously in the past."

Aunghadhail STATES to Sara "It is between me and her. If she wants to talk about it. Then we will talk about it. I do not think private issues, should be brought out in the open!"

Sara shakes her head "Okay...I know I am not going to be able to argue this with you and I know it!"

One of the two guards says "I hope, she does not flip out again" his buddy nods.

Bill looks down at the guard "Straighten out your shirt, stupid."

He says while fixing it "I picked her up...What do you expect, me to be perfect all the time."

He straightens out his shirt and gun belt again.

Bill looks at him doing it "WHERE IS YOUR WEAPON!"

The guard looks down suddenly, flips his holster flap open and its not there!

Gwen is the first one...it POPS in her mind before anybody else. She starts running down the hallway yelling "No...no...no...no...no...no..no!" excitedly.

Sara looks at them both and yelps out "CRAP!" and runs down the hallway.

Bill yells "NO!"

The guard says "WHAT?" in his confusion.

Bill already at a run looks back "She lifted your gun, stupid!"

The guard says "No not with my gun.....She wouldn't?" he starts to run.

Bill looks at him "YOU IDIOT! if she's in there...dead. I am going to FUCK you up. You stupid moron. You better hope she's in one piece. If she's not. I am going to drill you.....Like no end!" and he runs into the room.

Aunghadhail starts to move that way and Sir Wallace grabs her then says to her "Queen don't go in there....You can only make it worse."

She stops.....her aura, burning up the hallway in anger!

Gwen bolts into the room, slams open the bathroom door. Looks. She sees the dark elf in the far corner of the shower curled up, kneeling on the floor, with her back facing away. She sees, what looks like a river of blood and its coming from the dark elf. She can see the shower water going towards the drain and the color of it is off, but it still looks like blood.

Gwen yells out, in terror "Shit NO!"

Sara comes in the door right behind her and yells "Nope!"

Then Bill, is next in the room and bumps into Sara. As he yells out "GOD DAMN IT!"

Gwen goes in there, throws the shower door open and runs in. They can hear now with the shower door open and the water not drowning out sound.... The dark elf is laughing.

Sara says "Ohh God she's alive"...." Gwen? where is the blood coming from?"

Gwen, even though the showers on. She does not care about getting wet at this point. She sits down beside her. The dark elf looks up at her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'm sitting there in the shower on the floor and I hear them come in the room. I know they are behind me, Gwen, Sara and Bill. I know Gwen, I could tell her walk from everyone else's and Sara doesn't walk like a person. I can hear that difference a mile away. Bill has a flat-footed...floppy flop, kinda guy. I hear, Gwen as she opens the shower door. She finds me curled up in the corner laughing and she looks at me. I look at her. The wounds are still healing on my face.

She cries "What did you....." and she discovers, the gun laying there and the shell casings all over.

I take her hand in mine and I pour six spent...bent up bullets in her hand.

I look at her and say "I can't even fucking kill myself right."

The wounds from the six, are still healing up on my face.

"This pipsqueak gun, couldn't even drill through my skull" I laugh.

She takes the bent up bullets, out of her palm and looks at them.

I say to her "Why don't you keep these for me....I might ask for them back, one day."

I could feel the pain from the wounds on my face, healing fast and put my hand up there. I put a finger in one of the still sealing holes "Man I heal quick...that's a new?...I should be a ventilated cushion right now."

Gwen still upset "You okay?" she sobs, a little to me.

"I think I'm a little better....Now that I got that out of my system."

She says "Ok...ayy" she turns around "Sara?....she is still kicking!"

Sara comes hugs all over me and cries at me "Why did you do that!"

I look up at her and say "It seemed like a good idea at the time?"

Sara giggles then laughs out loud. All most spooking me "It seemed like a good idea at the time?...Great!....All the work I've done with you and your going to end it in one second?...All this work!...All the these days!...I spent helping you out!...and you going to screw up my perfect record?...For helping people out?...GREAT!"

Gwen reaches across me, I can see she's going for the gun...I snatch her hand. she says "Owwch that hurts."

I look at her and say to her face "I don't know, if I want you to have that yet."

Sara grabs my shoulder "I think you're done with that. It didn't do you any good. Your not going to shoot Gwen. Your not going to shoot me so...its just a hunk of two pounds of steel...right?"

I nod "Yep it's just a piece of shit now....It's just a piece of junk."

I let go of Gwen's hand, she picks it up, with the shell casings.

I look at her again "I'm serious about those bullets, I want you to keep them for a while"

She says smiling now "I will...don't worry about that...You asked me....I'll do it!"

She hands the pistol to Sara and Sara reaches over shoulder waves it over to Bill.

Bill takes it from her.

Sara says, while she's looking at Bill "Why don't you walk out of here? Us girls will take care this from here on out."

Bill turns around. She can see that Bill is furious. He walks out of the bathroom and closes the door.

Gwen says to me "Why don't we get you on your feet!" she puts the bullets and casings in her pocket. Then she helps me up....or....I really stand up, as she can't lift me.

Sara still standing there in the open door...the shower water still going.

I look at Gwen "I got, you all wet!"

Sara giggles "Ya she's all wet! She's always been all wet. Wet behind the ears"

Gwen glares at Sara with evil eyes "I'm not that young, damn it!"

I look at Gwen again "I'm okay now" I mumble "Why don't you get out of here and let me take care this. I need a minute or two or an hour or something? When I'm done here, I'll sit on the bed."

Gwen walks out "Okay...Bill got you some sweats to wear. We will worry about clothes for ya later."

Sara chimes in "That's the spirit I need to hear...shopping trip! Right!"

I look at her, I roll my eyes "I don't think, I'm ready for shopping trip yet. With two girls or three or whatever?"

Sara warns "Your going shopping! I went through it. Gwen went through it. Everybody goes through it. You're doing the shopping bit. Sorry you're not escaping the wrath of the shopping trip!" She cackles evilly and starts rubbing her hands together menacingly.

I laugh at that.

Then Sara says to Gwen "Search her before we go....Just to make sure" she giggles.

Gwen looks back at me still standing in the water and she is soaked thoroughly. I look at Sara and I say meanly "Tell me WHERE! Would I put a weapon right now?" I spin around naked....and not caring if she sees.

Sara jests me "Good point!....But huba huba! You do look good!!" She eyeballs me like a well cooked steak...."MMMM yummy!"

"GO.....NOW!" I yell and if you could see red on me. It would show now.

"Gwen you can leave now. Your soaked. But you can leave."

Gwen says "I am not worried about being soaked."

Then she stands up next to me and I look down at her. She looks up for the first time at me fully....completely standing up in front of her.

Gwen mused "Sheesh your tall....What do ya got on me?"

"I guess, I'm about eight inches taller than you...At what Five-four?...That's eight inches."

Sara stares "You're right Gwen what was it you said?.... "she towers!"

Gwen noted to me "I haven't seen a lot of elves in my life. But you are the tallest. I have ever seen...man. If more of you start turning up its going to be cool to being an elf. Having big ones like you...around."

She turns and walks out of the shower.

I see her pull magic out of the air. I shift my eyesight to see magic better.

In the that in the minute. She starts doing it and she's dry as a bone in a second.

I ask her excited, at what I just saw "What was that??

She smartly says "That was magic."

I chide her back "Well duuu I know that was magic. What was that spell? I haven't seen that one?...Could you do it again?....A little slower?"

"Okay it's a little thing that Nikki taught me it's real simple" she says.

I can see her gather up the energy. looking at the Ley lines, she is pulling in and I see what the pattern is forming to be...

"Okay I got it!"

Gwen marveled "You got it? that fast?"

Sara put in "That's pretty neat. You read magic spells out fast and pick it up that fast?....that's....You are going to be....A lot of people gonna like you at school! I think Sir Wallace is going to want to teach you and he's the top dog at the school. I'm going to tell him how fast"....she stops...."can you get out of the shower for a minute?"

"Okay!" I plod out of the shower.

"You said you learned the spell...right?...Do it!" she orders me.

I looked at her and say dryly "Remember what I said about lies and me?"

Sara says "Yes?"...kinda sheepishly..."Sorry I should believe you...But I need to see it"

"Fine!...." I grumble at her somewhat insulted, by her.

I think about what I saw for second. Pull the essence from inside myself and I know that. Do the pattern. Then. I am dry head to toe, hair and all.

"Okay...Yeah....We got something here and you want to off yourself? Your doing cool stuff like this!?...Think about that!...If you can do a drying spell like that. You can put an illusion on yourself, to keep anybody from thinking. That you're any different than anybody else walking on the street!"

"Okay...that's an idea" I turn around and go back in the shower.

They're still standing there. I turn around again and stare at them "Standing there...alone time...remember?"

They say in unison "Okay!"

Then Sara gives me that evil mischievous look "Don't do anything, I wouldn't do!"

I look at her and shake my head "I don't think I'm ready for that ...yet!"

Sara giggles evilly "Don't worry, I kinda figured that....I am messing with you!" she walks out the door and closes it.

Well I am in the in the shower alone. I think might as well get to this.

I stick my head under the shower. I grab ,what I figure is the shampoo bottle off the shelf and put a bunch in my hand. Then start to wash my hair. Man that takes forever to get this much hair done! I have hair going all the way to my butt. I get that rinsed out. Man my hair is long, but real soft from what I remember my old hair was.

I grab the washcloth that's there and find what looks to be like bottled soap something? Instead of the bar soap? So that's new? I squirt some out of the container, start lathering up and rubbing the cloth on everything.

I get to the chest...maybe I'll leave that for a bit! I am not ready for that feeling just yet!
Just clean that real quick, I think. But as I start on my chest, I hit the nipples and just can't stop. It feels tooo good. As I get into the feeling of it and start to moan. That sound coming from me! It snaps me out of it and I stop confused.
After a few minuets.
I start to wash everything else instead. As I wash down each leg, I think 'Man I gained some legs, in looks and length. With...more muscle than I ever HAD!'

As I soap and clean down my legs. I'm looking right at where my pride and joy was. I note the only hair, I have now is on my head! Don't have to worry about bikini wax EVER! and it looks normal down there. Like I've seen on many a girl. So I guess elves plumbing, is pretty close to what everyone else has.
I clean everything is good, as I can without going tooo far and getting myself all hot and bothered.

I rinse off...you know let's make sure we do this right! Let's do that again. I did complete wash down again.
I tossed the washcloth in the corner, step out of the shower.
I think about that spell Gwen did, I pull it out and I am dry again. That's going to save some time!
I walk back out into the main room and sit down on the bed. Sure enough, Bill left a folded up set of sweats. I pick them up. They are cotton and kinda OK? I pull on the top, a long-sleeved model, not flattering. But at least it fits!
Bottoms next...I slip my legs in them and pull them up that's good. I sit on the bed.

I sit there on the bed and think about walking to the door. I went 'NO' in my head...that would be a bad idea! If those silly guards out there, get stupid. I might lose it again. If they get really stupid, that would be bad! So I sit down and think about?...Oooh the call button!

----------------------------------------------------------------

--meanwhile in the hall while I shower---

Sara walks out of my room, to leave the new elf taking care of a shower. She walks across the floor, to the med center and finds the guard that lost his gun there. Sitting in a chair, definitely nursing what appears to be. A solidly broken nose and a busted lip.

Sara walks up to him, looks down upon him and she leans down. Gets RIGHT in his face "Looks like good job!"

Gwen looks at Sara "I thought about cracking him myself, but it looks like Bill did a pretty good job!"

Sara laughed "Bill...way to GO!... YOU did do, a real good job!"

Bill sits in the other chair looking, very pleased at himself. For cracking the guard pretty good.

Sara looks to Dr. Otto "PeeTee Your not going to fire Bill over this, are you?"

Dr. Otto says, while shaking his head "I wouldn't think of it! I think the guard is getting off light! I should fire him myself, but Bill said that this little crack here. Will do for now and he got the guard to agree that if you want to smack him around a little bit. He will suck it up! I thought about doing it! But I'm management, I can't do that!"

Sara finally notices, Aunghadhail sitting down in the corner and she's just leering at the guard. Her aura is just bleeding into the room, full of anger and deep rage!

Sara gets down the guys face again "You do realize, that the Queen of the Elves is standing. RIGHT! behind you and she's probably thinking of a way to kill you right now. For messing with one of her subjects, by letting your weapon out of your holster. To be pick pocketed by a near invalid!?" she sasses him.

The guard looks at her in the face. Then glances over to Nikki, standing in the corner and Aunghadhail's voice comes out of her...BOOMING....just dripping anger! "In my kingdom, I would have already have had, your head chopped off by now!" she says coldly.

Gwen jested at the guard "OOOOO" she sucks in air through her teeth in a hiss "Your in trouble!"

Gwen turns to Aunghadhail "You are kidding about killing him?!"

She speaks again even madder...if that could happen "I do not joke! He failed guarding his charge and injured one of my subjects. Had I been at home, on my throne. He would be gone now!" Aunghadhail adds.

Gwen gets down in the guys face with Sara "You are in trouble...yeah...being just....WOW!! if I were you I would get off shift and like go home. Take a week off ...yeah...she's finally figured out a way to off you bad....by now."

Gwen gets back up and asks Bill "Bill do you have a small bag that seals or a box?"

Bill asks "Why? So, I know how big to get?"

Gwen pulls out the six spent bullets. She promised to keep.

.....Aunghadhail sees that and asks with a roar "What are those?"

"These?" Gwen, plays with them in her hand "are the bullets, she asked me to keep. The ones she tried, to kill herself with. She asked me to keep them safe, till she wants them. I promised I would. So I need a bag or a box for them?" Gwen tells the Queen.

Aunghadhail roars out "THAT IS IT!" the room fills with rage off her. She starts to draw her sword. As she steps toward the guard. Then Nikki takes over. Stops it all and sits down "I took over...She is not going to hurt anyone...BUT! Boy she is mad, almost the maddest. I have ever seen!...You there" she looks at the guard, who just stood up ready to run...."You might want to leave NOW...As I am not so cool right now either!"

The guard walks to the elevator and is gone.

Sara walks over to Sir Wallace "Sir?"

"Yes Sara?"

"I just saw our new elf pick up a spell. That she watched Gwen do once. Then repeat it fully in a second and correctly"

"Really? what one? he asks.

Gwen pips in "That dry yourself one. Nikki taught me a while back. Its small, but cool. That elf got it in one take. After only seeing me do it once and I did not see her use ley lines or actually "weave" the spell. She just kind of "proofed" it."

"Humm we should see more of this. She definitely does magic in a different way. I wonder if that would be true for larger spells??"

----------------------------------------------------------------

(back in my room)

As I sit there I think..."I can't knock on the door....I don't want to get, those guards all mify!"

"I know what! It that stupid bed control thing!" I start flipping through the bed sheets "Here it is! I knew I saw one. Call nurse there it is, Call button!" I push it.

At the med station that call sound starts beeping and Bill jumps out of his skin practically!!

Sara looks at Bill jump and starts laughing at him "I think she's just saying, she's done. I think if she really needed you in there. She would not have hit the call button. I think she's just being cautious, not wanting to open the door. That is next to Tweedledee and Tweedledum there. To have them do something stupid!"

Sara walks over to the room door and stands there..."Ahh....guys I want in there."

Gwen scoots up behind her and turns back "Bill come on!" she sang.

"Okay" Bill turns "Mike?"

Mike yawned back "I'll sit out of this, I'm done and she's done. You three should to stick with it. She don't know me."

"Okay?" Bill walks over there. The guards are just letting Sara in the door.

I hear the door click.

Sara walks in I am just sitting there. Rocking back and forth. Kicking my legs up and down like a kid... that I am now.

"Well I'm done with that! What's next? Stupid pet tricks maybe?" I jest at her.

Sara giggles "That's what I want to hear! You're feeling better now!"

"YA! and I can eat a horse! How about a cheeseburger and fries!" I say.

Gwen walks in, just as I say that and says "I don't think, your going to want a cheeseburger?"

I whine "Why not? I'm hungry!"

Bill walks up behind her.

Gwen looks at me, with a sad look on her face "Hate to break it to you. BUT your now an elf!"

I look at her "Yeah and?....pointy ears...weird looking eyes....likes trees....I guess...SO?" I sass at her "What does that have to do with cheeseburgers?"

She's kind of thinking...a funny but cute "I'm thinking" look comes on her face. I giggle at that.

She tisks at me "Elves really don't like meat. You might eat it. But your not going to like it."

I say "Well you are a 'elf...elf' and I'm A dark elf. Maybe the reason, why I got BIG FANGS! Is that I like meat!" after I am done saying that. I lean toward her and bite the air viscously in her face. Just to prove a point!

Sara spins and looks at Gwen "She might have ya there? She's got definitely pointy teeth. That just say. I eat meat all over it!"

Bill puts in "Pointy teeth! Yep! Eat meat! I believe in that one!"

Sara looks at bill "So how about this Bill? You want to get her something to eat?"

Gwen turns to Bill "Get her cheeseburger...a small one."

I hear her whisper that.... "SMALL ONE?" I screech out "I want like a TWO pounder!...Man! I'm hungry!" I shot back.

Gwen looks back at me "Just go with what I'm saying...okay?"

She turns back to Bill "Get her like a small cheeseburger...okay...get her the fries. That's going to be fine. Get a salad no meat. Mashed potatoes, maybe a good one?...Fruits and vegetables, next thing anything like that. Something for dessert, you figure it out...and a couple cans of soda."

I jump in "Orange!....soda."

Bill says "Okay...shopping list and I'll be back in five!" and scoots out the door.

I am sitting down on the bed and I look at Sara. I pat the bed next to me..."Sit down let's talk!"

Sara comes over and sits down "You're feeling a little chipper now."

"Yeah....I think I got a lot of that, out of my system."

She looks at me squinty eyed, with one eye and says "And the dark elf bit?"

"In the last few hours. We kinda came into an agreement and it's going to be more of me from now on as. She kinda messed up when "WE" tried to kill Aunghadhail. She let me take too much. But once and a while she may come to the surface. She is going to sit back and let me take charge. Because we are now in the modern world and she doesn't know nothing! Even my Thirty years out of the date is more than she knows. BUT...I'm certainly dipping into that knowledge pool, that she's gathered up and man. She knows a lot of stuff!" I stop suddenly.

Sara looks at me and I fade out for minute.

Next thing I know is Sara is trying to pick me up off the floor again. I have been crying for who knows how long and Gwen's got me, hugging me.

I whimper "What the hell happened?"

Gwen says softly "You fell right out of bed! Balled up and just started balling your eyes out!"

I say "What?...I think for a minute..."Ohh shit man....This elf has got some bad memories."

I gasp for air....Wheeze. I am taken back by. What I just remembered from her...Breathing heavy "Yeah she's got some doozies in here! ...WOW...nightmares at night. I know I'm..." I stop " we...have a lot of those."

I laugh for a second.

Sara asks "What??"

"The dark elf just told me something. I did not know....dark elves....don't sleep!" I giggle more "So the nightmare this is out" I stop for a second "Oh she says it doesn't matter. Your going to still remember this shit...Daymares....Nightmares whatever?"

Sara helps me to get back in bed. Gwen gets a wet towel out of the bathroom she says "To clean up that little mess, I made there crying on my face."

As Sara and Gwen get me back on the bed. Gwen cleans up my face a little bit from my little episode.

Bill comes into the room with a tray of food. A big one! Sara sees that he's having a little trouble with it and she grabs the little swingarm table. Moves out it to where he can get to it. He sits it down on the table.

"Here you go!!" he says.

I yelp "OOOHH YES!"

Sara scoots out of the way. As she swings the table to me.

I say happily "This is...this is fine...right here...this is a good start!"

Bill Squeaks "Good start? THAT'S...DOUBLE WHAT I EAT!"

Sara leers at Bill "You haven't seen elves eat have you? For such a small creature. They can pack it away like a football linebacker! I am amazzzed at what an elf can pack away! I don't know where it goes? But they don't gain an ounce. Its! amazzzzing what these elves can pack away! Then.....look at the size of her...sheeesh!"

I grab the cheeseburger out of the wrapper.

"Ohh YES! this is going to be good! Its even got the SAUCE on it!" I sing out.

I take a bite...I am chewing on it and I look at Gwen "You know you're right the taste is kinda off? I am not liking it.... Its charbroiled like I it....But I am not liking it?" I was mumbling through the food, I swallow it.

As soon as it hits the bottom of my stomach.
It's not agreeing with me.
I instantly slap the cheeseburger back on the tray and push the whole thing out of my way.
I Bolt into the bathroom.
I rush right to the toilet and RETCH!
I stand there emptying what should have had been empty. For must be five minutes of throwing up.

Then I hear the dark elf laughing at me in my mind. I think to her ~"Why did you not warn me?"~

She says to me ~"Something's ya gotta learn yourself!"~

~"Great" I think "You hid that on purpose didn't you!...We will talk about that later."~

I stand up and the two girls are standing behind me. Sara is holding my long hair for me and rubbing my back to comfort me. Gwen pips "I told you! You don't eat meat. But I have never seen an elf throw up from eating meat?"

I look at her "The minute that meat hit my stomach. That was it! I guess that...NO...guarantee's that I'm a vegetarian."

Gwen questions "I can stand to eat meat? Nikki eats meat? The other four elves I know at school eat meat once in great while? When they kind of feel they want the taste, YOU....it looks like One hundred percent meat and you do not agree. I guess those teeth are more show?"

I stagger little bit, from retching for five minutes. Back over to the bed to sit down and grab the cheeseburger off the tray. I hand it to Bill. I'm am really starting to smell it now and my stomach is starting to act up.

"Bill just take that away...I...no....mater of fact could you walk it, out of the room for me please?"

"No problem" and he walks out with it. I now feel a little sad....No meat for me.

I start digging in the salad and the mashed potatoes. I look at Gwen "Good suggestion on the mashed potatoes! That works out...little bit of gravy....ya!"

She looks me "Of course I know what a elf eats, I have been one for a while...not a long while, but long enough."

As I am eating, just wolfing it down. Sara nudges me again "Have you thought of that name yet?"

I mumble "No" with my mouth full.

"Ya know your going to need to get on that!" she tells me.

I wave my hand up, and nod.....Then point at the food, that is disappearing at an astonishing rate of speed. That seems to just amaze Sara.

I sit there thinking, eating and it pops in my mind.
'Okay I know what I want...Rohanna It means sandalwood. A scent I always liked plus...trees and elves go together. Plus you can shorten it to "Ro" real easy. Then Lee the other European spelling of it L E I G H....I like it.'

Just then the stupid elf in my head speaks to me "Just so you know Your name from the unit was Shadows Blade....Just so you know."

'I can go with that' I think.

"Currently these idiots, use code words for names for some reason? The two there. Gwen uses Absinthe and Nikki's nickname was Fey remember? silly....But my guess is, they will want one from you soon enough"

I'm still wolfing the stuff down. Bill walks back in then sits down on top of the table across the room and says "Looks like your getting better"

I mumbled through the food....then nod.

Sara looks down "You might want to get her seconds!"

Stopping for a second, I swallow it up "Naw naw. This is good enough for now. Lets start out small. Not go for the whole banquet just yet."

I finish up the food and push the near empty tray away. Bill stands up and gathers it up for me.

I nod to him and say "Thanks!"

He says "No problem...no problem. I am just glad to see your getting better. That's what I need" he walks out.

I look over to Sara sitting next me "While I was eating, I was thinking about that name you want."

Sara joked at me "Okay, your doing two things at once and that's a good sign."

I leer at her and give her the evil eye then. I sigh "Ya two things at the same time. I think I got the multitasking down...OK?....Buuut...I came up with a name while I was thinking."

She says excitedly "Okay...OUT! with it!"

Gwen is already nudging me in the back, sticking her finger my back. So feel it "Come on...come on" she is nudging me ever harder.

I look at Sara "What I want is...Rohanna" it means sandalwood in an Asian language. That has an even older meaning and its a scent I always liked plus. Trees and elves go together...Plus you can shorten it to "Ro" real easy."

Sara says "I like that allot. It fits and the nickname part is too cool!...Last name?

And for a last name "Lee--The other European spelling of it L E I G H."

Sara says "Different spelling, but I like it."

Gwen without missing a beat. Obviously a child of the television years goes loudly "RUH-RO--Scooby!"

I sigh in pun pain "Awwww shit!"

Sara busts up laughing, so hard that she falls back on the bed and can't move. Gwen falls right next to her.

"I just hung myself with a good one" I look at Gwen "Between me and you don't do that again....Please?"

She says after too long for me laughing "Okay....got a free one on ya...on that one."

Sara is still laughing pretty hard and she sits up "Yeah that was a good one I liked it.....ruh-ro!"

"Oh man that's not good" I whine.

Sara giggles "I'm sorry I will not rip you with that ever again....Unless someone else does. Then its fair game!"

I look at them both laying on the bed and they are trying to get their giggles out of them "So what's next?" I ask.

Sara ponders for a second. Then tilts her head in a move that is STILL too sexy to me and is kinda getting me hot "Honestly I don't know, besides just sitting here talking. Let me go see what Dr. Otto's got to say?"

She walks outside and I sit there with Gwen on the bed. I ask her "So what's with the school?"

She gets all excited and bubbly on that question "Okay! The school...yeah....you'll love it! Its called Whateley Academy not too far from here.."

"Okay?" I say, as she thinks.

"Its a basic high school. Plus we have complete Junior high years...Junior high kids run around...not too many...There is like four other elves. You have not met yet! That are more like me....Then there's Jobe!" When she says that name the laughing STARTS!

"I get to hear the whole story about "Jobe" eventually right?" I think for a few seconds "Gwen there are only four other elves at the school? Is that a lot? Or is there another academy for them somewhere else?"

"No thats all I have ever seen is just the four of them and Nikki. We Fae folk, are pretty rare. I was told, that there is just over a thousand of us right now....known? But there might be some in hiding...But not too many. Most died during the sundering....That is what Aunghadhail says?"

I feel suddenly like something died in my soul...and the dark elf is really saddened at it...She is not talking to me right now about it. But I already know...I am alone...the only dark elf like me....no others lived?

"Ya ya...We will get to that 'jobe' stuff later!....But It's like a regular high school, but the subjects go all the way up to and I'm not joking about any of this!....Literally they build nuclear reactors in the basement and everything else you can think of?...Flying space shuttles...Whatever else--?"

"Okayyyy" I say kinda not believing kids under Eighteen having nukes! and FLY in space!

"And of course there is magic lab and then there's sensei Ito's martial arts bit, that he pretty much runs....Then there are the ranges where the guys like to play with guns."

"You have Guns at the school?" I ask.

"Ya we have people that invent them...The divisors and gadgeteers." Gwen adds.

I stop her "I kind of remember some of this. I should have read more books on mutants when I was bored at work...but go on?"

"Ya know...Your basic school...We have advanced subjects in the magic, which is weird and other histories. The labs and people make clones! and people experiment with DNA and then there is the crystal Hall which is where we all eat...you'll love looking at that place and Poe's the building your going to be put in, with the rest of us!"

I say "O...kay I am kinda getting it?"

"And then there is Hawthorne, where the problem kids are kept at. Problem as in physical other stuff or dangerous...then...Melville...all the others I'll get ya a map!"

"That would be a good start ...A map and a brochure and everything else"

"OHH ya I'll bring up stuff tomorrow, maybe after school?" Gwen just smiles at me.

"So you're going to go school?" I ask...kinda stupid...but I ask? with an elf. They look young forever and I know that.

"Well! yeah! I got classes!!" she chirps.

"Okay I assume Sara goes too?"

"Yes! she may be a Baby Demon. But she still needs to go to classes. Just like the rest of us!" she sasses me.

"Okay...Baby Demon...alright...okay Baby Demon. I'll note that one"

Then I ask her "Well what else?"

She ponders on that "What else...what else....Well your going to have to meet all the rest of our friends ya know? Tony and Chaka and Chou, Billy, Jade. You'll love Jade!! and then Hipp! you and her should get along...She's a little taller and a bigger build."

"WOW! bigger than me? That's saying a lot!"

She jokes "Your not kidding Hipp's a freaking giant! But she still is not the biggest in the school! and then you'll meet the rest them! You just have to be there to see it!...You can't describe something like this place!...It's just too much...I mean for your first couple of days, they are not even going let you go to classes and you have to get tested!!"

"Tested?.....what's tested?" I ask, more than a little worried now.

"Oh yeah I need-let me catch up you up! Congress started law that got DPA started and the MCO kinda....they give you mutant ID card a MID."
she spelled it out.
"It has got your picture on it, your basic power sets, that they divide you into. What level you're at and any other information. Like if your an adult. They put on there If your dangerous and whatever else. Sometimes it has your vulnerabilities, if they know it, which I don't think they should. Each one is colored different for, good guy, bad guy, felon, convicted felon, ex-prisoner, superhero registered for working with a superhero team,.....everybody's in different colors. You'll get one for a student.
The MCO just so you know, stands for "Mutant Commission Office"...okay? They're assholes! But my dad works for them and I work for them as a intern. So I get free school, so they're not all assholes. But they are working on being better...okay? Just so you know, the MCO to most mutants is like the boogie man! It's a bad thing...okay? People in school know who I am, what I do on the side and that I'm trying to help them out...all right?" God Gwen said all that fast. But I kept up!

"So! Your dad is connected, that's a good to remember!"

She says "Yea...connected...But let's not use it okay?"
I'm sitting crosslegged on the bed talking to Gwen catching up on the school bit. Dr. Otto walks in and interrupts us. I glance over at him, as he comes in the door.

"Hey....what's up doc ot?" I jest him.

Gwen Snickers at that.

He walks up to me puts his hand out. "I'm Dr. Otto...Formally....Introducing myself again."

I reach out, to shake it. As I am shaking it he squeals in pain "LET GO!"

He looks at me "You have got work on that control a little bit!"

I look at my hand "Did I squeeze ya that hard??"

He looks at me "Ya almost broke it!"

"Oooo I guess I better start figuring out how strong I am?"

Dr. Otto says kinda mad "Yes you should work on that. Maybe I will bring in some stuff for you to exercise with. So that you have an idea how much pressure you put on something...okay?" he sits down at the desk again. But moves the chair sideways looking at me this time.

I say "All right, that would be good to work on."

He starts again getting more "official" in his tone. AKA talking down to me and I did not like it.

"So Sara brought me in here. She says your good to continue with what's going on. So let's continue the questions, we got kinda interrupted with before? Do you know anything about the box?

I look at him and think on it "Can we see it?"

He sits there for a second, I can see him thinking about it.

"I think I can arrange that" he says in guarded tone.

I look at him and I realize. What he is thinking "Are we going to need an army. Just for me to walk down there? You have got all those guys, at each end of the hallway as it is!"

I close my eyes and I listen since the doors is open "Yep Twenty-three still down at one end of the hallway to my left. I point the other way and that way wooo! looks like ya got twenty-six now."

He looks at me surprised "You can?...."

I interrupt him "Yep! I told Bill this before. But maybe you didn't hear of it. I can hear them down the hallway. I can hear their footsteps and differentiate between one of them and the next. I can hear their heartbeats, I can count them. I also know they have heavy weapons by all the wheezing, complaining about them. I can tell how they're carrying them, that they've got....not pistols, but bigger rifles. I also hear some motors cycling on and off down there, something assume? That sound is coming from something else?"

"You have gained some quite impressive senses, obviously!"

I open my eyes and look at him "Yeah one of them wants something from ya too .....I want to get out of here!"

He quickly starts "Well first of all, we have to examine you and see what changes have happened......"

I interrupt him again....getting kinda mad "Dr. Otto in all seriousness! I will give you Twenty-four hours and then I want to know what goals you have. To get me out of here. Because I'm not going to sit in this hole the ground! It's driving me crazy already! and I have only been a complete elf! for three or four hours maybe? Cooped up in a box in the ground! It's already not agreeing with me!" I start to shout louder at the end of all that.

Dr. looks at me "Aunghadhail....." and just as he says that.

I'm YELLING "Aunghadhail!" and I start to get off the bed to stand up.

Sara walks up to me and puts a hand on me to keep me down "Calm down! He's just talking about her....okay?"

I start breathing slowly to calm myself down.... "Okay just talking about her...all right."

Gwen does what she should do, that second. She starts hugging me "Okay" I look at her "That helps....I know I am not going to hurt you...So that helps keep me calm."

Gwen whispers to me "Thank God! I got the hear that from you. That you wouldn't hurt me. I thought for sure you would squish me like a bug."

I laugh at her "You're welcome"....Okay Doctor continue?" I say to him, as I close my eyes. To concentrate on what he is going to say.

"Well she says, that your race of elves is real nature bound and she said to expect that eventually you would want out. I didn't think it would happen this quick. But I agree with you. Give me twenty-four hours. We can do some testing on you real quick and I am going to see what we can do about getting you out of here. At least, out to the surface for a while."

I open my eyes wide to the doc and near yell at him. "We're NOT talking out to the surface....I mean out as in gone! and from what I'm hearing from Sara and Gwen. I'm sure even Aunghadhail outside" I roll my eyes at it. "Will agree that going to their school, whatever it is. Is what I need. So let's just make that a goal and get the....I'm sure the mountain of paperwork done for that! I told Sara what I consider my new name to be, so let's put that in some paperwork, come up a birth certificate or whatever else you need to do! Have the president sign it!, salute IT!! and let's get the FUCK going!"

He looks at me, taken a bit back and the guards at the door look more nervous. As they look into the room at me now.

He says "Okay" sheepishly.

I look at him getting a little bit more than mad "Doc just remember I was a Thirty year-old mean construction guy. I didn't take flak! from any of my apprentices, I'm NOT! gonna take any from you!" I hoped that comparing him to a kid put him in his place mentally.

He nods "Agreed...fine...So you want to go look at the box?"

"Well you want information on the box? I guess I would need to see it?" I say Sarcastically.

"Please give me a minute to arrange that" He walks up to the guards "Guys we are going to take her down to the black level and have a look at the box."

The guard looks at Otto "Did you no know? it's been moved upstairs. It's only couple floors below us. It's out of the black section. As its not tainted anymore."

"Okay even better, so can we get down there now?" Otto asks.

The guard says "I'll arrange that, give me a second to go talk to somebody" the guard walks off.

The Doc turns back to me "Well looks like we have the ball in motion. Maybe we'll will get that done in the next hour" he walks back up to me "Do you remember anything else about the box?"

"Like I said before, I touch the box...poof lots of pain BANG! Next thing I know I'm laying on it, got that stupid sheet, that you haven't showed me yet. Your guys slide down off the helicopter! Zap me and I'm laying here in this room talking to you guys....And I am going to tell you something now and I think I said it to whoever.... The guard?....I think? For some reason now and I know it.....I can't lie anymore. I know that sounds weird? I can evade your question. But I won't lie about it. You can ask me if the sky is blue. You tell me lie about it. Say its is purple and I won't be able to do it., I know it sounds funny. I think it's tied up with maybe an honor thing drilled in my skull. I just can't do it. So I am not lying to you. I don't know why the box....this and that...I'm thinking. I might find out, soon? As I'm still going through my new memories. But at this point, I don't know."

Otto says "I can accept that for now....Soon as you remember anything, would you tell me?"

"I'll consider it....We have already gone through this game before. I'm not going to tell you everything. There are some things, I want to keep to myself."

I go back to watching Sara and Gwen. They are talking at a mile a minute, about what has been going on at Whateley and I try real hard to keep up. But two girls at high speed and me not knowing the basics. I will never keep up! I see Dr. Otto walk out, closes the door. I hope he is working on getting all of us down to see that box. As I am real anxious to get too it, in a BAD way. I feel I NEED it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(outside in the hallway)

Dr. Otto walks over to Nikki. He gets Nikki's attention "Queen....Nikki? We are going down to see the box. I am going to ask that you go down first, we put you in a separate observation room. One that she can't see into, so that you can watch what is going on. So that you can be perfectly safe and it is...far as I know? She won't know you're there. So please go with this guard here. Nikki nods her understanding and follows the guard. Who is escorting her, down the hallway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit there talking to Sara and Gwen for the next Forty-five minutes or so. Waiting for the silly guards to get their act together. So we can look at this stupid box, that I can barely remember. Gwen goes over some more stuff, on the school. Then a couple classes, I might take and she's asking me about the dark elf.

"Me and the dark elf. Like I said, we are in agreement. But honestly it's looking like I pretty much won the fight. It's my body! I won when she let me, have all that knowledge of hers. To attack Aunghadhail. She should have not let me have everything and overplayed her a hand of what she had to offer.
In other words I have it all. I just now have to blend it all together, over the next month or so. I guess? But she can still be a problem for me at this point."

Sara gives me a hug "That's good to hear! At least I know you will not have a split personality. I already have to deal with one of them, with another idiot elf...."

I hold myself back from anger, thinking about who she's talking about
"Yeah I assume that's a problem? That one being a friend and the other one being whatever it is to you?"

Sara asks me softly with hope, in her voice "Do you think you can get better with just Nikki and whatever you can with Aunghadhail?"

"I don't know somehow. I am going to have to talk to that spirit alone. As so that that Nikki can't hear. I will figure something out."

Sara is worried about, what I last said 'What did that Queen do that is so bad. That Ro does not want Nikki to know, till they have this out....What can be that horrible? Ro did say that she was a slave to fight for the Queen? Really? I can't see Aunghadhail doing that to a subject?' she thinks to herself.

I can hear the sounds outside. I look at the door, the door opens up. In comes Dr. Otto asks for Sara to come out and talk. Sara gets off the bed and joins the Dr. outside. As she leaves, I notice more guards are standing outside the door.

He closes the door, to my room for some privacy. "Sara? I sent Nikki ahead of you down there. To a separate observation room, where she can overlook where we will be at. You to have a connection with her. So she can advise you, from afar...okay?"

"That's a good idea Pee-tee" Sara nods to him and he goes back to the door.

"Ready? So let's go!" Otto says as he comes back in the room.

I stand up and start to walk to the door. A new guard blocks my path. This guy is different or something. This guys just carries a small pistol and wears more of an officer's uniform.

He barks at me "No you stay right there, the other girl comes out first" and Gwen walks past him Now I can see outside there are eight guards with rifles and armor now around the door. I guess waiting for me to come out. The leader is standing there looking at me and sizes me up. I don't think he's got any clue what he's dealing with.

This new guy looks over to Dr. Otto "Dr. I think she should be shackled."

The minute he says that I yell "WHAT! I'm not going in irons....I'm not being shackled like a common prisoner, a convict! You can go stick that!"

He just ignores me "Dr. I'm advising this for safety. It has be seen that she's quick and dangerous. I prefer to use some kind of magical shackling on her. To keep her from acting out."

Sara turns to Dr. Otto "NO...NO...NO...Pee-Tee your not! Shackling her not while. I'm standing here!!"

Gwen walks up to the doctor "I know you're thinking about it...Dr. Otto. But only us heard this so far in the room. I don't think Nikki or Aunghadhail's overheard it. You walk her out here in shackles, she's gonna flip out! and come roaring down that hallway. She's going to MESS up everybody in sight and I can tell you that right now. Look what she almost did with the with the stupid guard and the gun? You walk out of here, with her subject in irons. She's going to go nuts and Nikki and will not stop her. I don't think? I think even Nikki at this point will come roaring down here and do it! Bad idea...lets just say we didn't even think of this and let's not discuss that Idea again."

The head guard looks over to Otto, waiting for a judgment out of this. Otto finally says "I'm going to go with what Gwen and Sara are saying. We don't want to aggravate the existing situation already and alienate an entire species. I think shackling an elf in front of the Queen of elves, would be a bad idea and in no uncertain count."

The head guard says "I can understand that political means versus safety always have to have a balancing act." as he turned to Dr. Otto..."Could you walk out of the doorway for me sir?"

He then turns to me goes "Miss, walk forward for me please?"

I walked forward and the guards form on each side of me. Eight in all, four per..side.

I look around and say giggling "WOW only eight?"

I was eye to eye with the head guard and I glare at him "You must really trust me? That you only have eight guards."

He stands there. He takes into consideration what I just said and meant that eight is not even enough. "Dr. Otto Dr. and Sir lead the way" and we start going towards the elevator. Two guards are standing there and have it open for our arrival. We all walk-in. They keep me in the center of the guards.
I'm laughing at them inside! Nearly a dozen people in a confined box with me in the center! That is just the stupidest thing I've ever seen! They should have sent me up or down alone! Having me in the box there...buddy....is asking for dead people and prisoners or hostages. I should say so to them. But I stop myself...Why? Help them? The elevator lowers down by my feeling about Two hundred feet. To make a guess because, being underground is not my thing.

The door slides open at this new level, I haven't been to yet?. This is more of labs and stuff, that I can see down the hallway via the Windows that line the walls on both sides. We walk down One hundred feet of hallway make a turn and come up to a large door. The head guard goes over and opens it. This seems to be an observation room of some sort. Looking over an even larger room. We all walk in. In on wall I see a LARGE window. I see through that window. (by my what senses send back to me. A very thick window. At least a foot of some sort of Glass)

The BOX

I just barely recognize it.
They bring us all in the room and all the guards. But two go back outside. Once I am fully inside the new room, I start studying this room and all see is electronics and stuff. Basically different things monitoring something on the box. I don't understand what they are looking for. But it looks like all this is indicating nothing.
Dr. Otto says "Well there is your box...do you recognize that?"

I say "I do recognize it from when, I was laying on it. That's about it? Nothing else is coming into my memory."

Otto turns to the technicians "You want to let her into the main room and we will go in there with her?"

The technician says back "Sir, can we have a little caution first and I make a suggestion. Have her go in alone. She's never been in contact with it by herself, since the change or the incident. It might react and we might have another problem having all of you in there at the same time. Might be a bad idea?"

Dr. Otto says "I'll go with that advisement and we will stick with that."

He turns back to me "Guess you're going alone. We are going to be cautious just in case something happens."

I nod at Dr. Otto "That sounds fine to me...I'm not worried."

The rest of them stand over by another window. The technicians are assembled to their right and Gwen is standing, between them and the group with Sara. Sara looks at all the indicators, she looks like she knows what some of it means.

I look over at Sara and ask her "You think this is going to be okay?"

She looks to me and she seams to get calm toward me "Genuinely I don't know? You probably know as much as I do right now. So if anything happens, good luck! I don't think anything going to happen."

I could see that she is reluctant to let me go in there at this point. Us not being sure of what's going to go on. I'm kind of feeling fear off of her a little bit.

I walk up to the technician "Okay where we going?"

He leads me twenty feet down the wall to a vault door. He looks at me "When this door opens up. You walk in...wait...second door opens up...walk in...wait. Then the third door opens up to the room its a basic double airlock" and he looks at me "Now listen! Anything goes wrong in there.....Anything bad!...Your in there with it!.. If you get hurt in there and we can't get anybody to you your DEAD! You understand that before you go in there?! That thing had a class X taint on it. Once...again it might be hours before we get to you. Even here it takes hours for us to get ready for that kind of stuff...so you understand?"

I look at him "Yes I understand...in other words. I am taking my life in my own hands with a complete maybe in there?"

"Yes that's what this whole place is about. This whole complex is about exploring ...maybe?"

I sigh "All right...ready" and he opens the door, I walk in, it cycles through the next one. A couple minutes go by, it cycles for the next one and that opens up to the box.

It is about twenty feet away from the door. The box is sitting there. I can barely make out the runes are glowing with arcane energy.
I start walking over towards it.

The technicians are looking through the window at me. One of the younger ones, about twenty something is watching, as I Walk across the room. He whispers to his buddy and Gwen's elf ears pick it right up. With Sara not far behind.
"I know she's only fifteen...GOD! That's one sexy, sexy, girl. I'd bone that in a second! I mean look at her as she's walking across the room. She is just...just...walking, she's like a predator looking for someone to go after. It's scary, but sexy at the same time."

Gwen leans over and she slaps him in the back of the head then says "Shut up! She's under is Eighteen! You idiot!"

He spins around and looks at her "I read the report! The person in that room is thirty and that was thirty years ago!"

Sara glares at him, more than mad "You say one more thing like that. I'll go after you myself."

Dr. Otto overhears them both talk and stares angrily at the guys "Take what the ladies have said as a warning. You open your mouth again like that. I will fire you myself! THEN, I'll see that to the best my ability, I ruin your career!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the room.

I walk slowly towards the box, to about five feet away. At five feet from the box. I get a nice vibe off of it and all the runes glow in sections. More than I saw from across the room. I step that last five feet to it and I'm kinda cautious with it. I touch it.

Immediately! I know exactly what it is! All that I need to know, flows into me like water. My training, spells, my language...Drow! or dark elf as they use it here and how to make anything, I might need. Then all the old...bad memories smack against me....hard. I push them all aside...I will process that later.

My mind is whole again!

I start speaking a dark elf, as I drag my hand on it like an old friend....an old lover. I have my eyes closed in bliss and I walk alongside it. I am full of excitement and pleasure.

"Usstan ssiggrin Usstan orn'la inbal ulu malar uns'aa i'dol harl ghil ulu dos lu'elgg rilkhel ulu inbau ulu dos"

I stop at the other end and walk up the other side of it.

"Bel'la l'zhuantur phraktos ol zhah wun uss in'loil udos ph'rath ul'naus."

I am rubbing the top of it, with my hand across all the runes "Udossta ulin zhah wu'suul."

Meanwhile back in the control chamber Dr. Otto's getting kinda MAD "What is she saying?!" he looks at Sara.

"I don't know....I don't speak...that" Sara stammered.

Then he looked at Gwen "Not any language I ever heard" Gwen says back, as she shrugs.

"Ask Nikki and Aunghadhail We'll get her on the speaker!" Otto orders.

Aunghadhail comes on the speaker "Do you want me to translate it, as we go or all later?"

Otto says...."All up to now, then line for line please."

Aunghadhail says "This is what she said so far..."I thought I would have to fight my way down here to you and kill everybody to get to you"....then...."Thank the elder gods, it's in one piece. We are back together"....then...."Our future is inside"
that is it, so far."

Otto asks "What language is that?"

"Drow" Aunghadhail says.

Sara asks "She is speaking Drow?"

Aunghadhail says "Yes. She is definitely speaking Drow and quite properly I might add. Not like someone that was taught it. More like someone who was raised with it, used it daily, then learned it from a higher school."

Otto says "I did not like her line of "Fight down here and kill everyone to get here" and that one "Our future is in here" what is with that?"

Aunghadhail asks "Are you asking me or some other?"

"Well if you know? Say something.....Anything?" Otto blurts out.

Aunghadhail says "Remember when I told you? That they can be violent? That explains the threat part to get here. The future part I do not know, but I worries me a bit."

Otto looks at Sara "Well? and you?"

"Me? Sara says "I am not an elf....the Queen is the best one, to tell you stuff on this."

"You have been in her head" Otto adds.

"Pee-Tee you know as well as I do. That what's in that head are two persons. That where fighting for ownership of one body. Now they seem to be blending, to who knows what? We will only know....what we will get in a month at least" Sara barks at him.

------------------------------------------------------

Back in the room

As I drag my hands and fingers across the box. I am getting my bearings on what's where. I walk over to one side, I look for a second or so and find the runes I want. I wipe my hand on about six or seven of them. They can't tell which ones from the room that I did. I walk to the middle long side and do two fingers down the whole side on two different sets of them at the same time. Then I walk around the box to the other side and do again. Finally I walk around it to the top and I wipe my hand down the whole length symbols in a pattern across its top. All the runes on the box lights up with arcane energy. I feel it open to me and I am done.

One of the mages when I do that, in the technical booth yells "Sir! all the arcane energy, that is coming off that box just pegged every thing I've ever seen. That things like a white beacon, right now of magical energy!"

Gwen say excitedly, as she backs up from the window "YAH! I can see it through the freaking wall of concrete!"

Aunghadhail near shouts, out of the speaker "What did she do? Even I don't understand what that was. That is a lot of magical energy coming from that box! That is an awful lot of energy! Far too much."

Then I "pat" the box couple times, like it's a good friend of mine. I walk back over to the middle of it to key a couple of the runes, like I know what doing. Like I've been doing this every day of my life, or its something. I do every morning and it turns off. Dead cold....not one glow at all now.

Dr. Otto goes on the speaker into the room "What did you do to it? What are you doing there? You obviously know what you're doing! You lied to me!"

I GLARED at him through the window eye to eye and I was MAD "Doctor I said I'd never lie to you! Do not ever impugn my honor again! I will not repeat these words! Never call me a liar again like you just did! I said to you I didn't know what the box was and I might know what it is when I touch it. I do now know what it is. I know exactly what it is NOW!"

I walk down to the long end of it to my right and it sits between me and the booth, put my left hand on it, on the corner, kinda crossing my body with my arm. Like I am going to move it to my left.

"WHAT! This box is!" I yell "IS MINE!" I then side the box across the floor like it weighs nothing, it just disappears in the ether and I start walking back towards the exit door.

He's yelling at me through the speaker "What did you do to the box?....Where did it go?....Bring it back?"

I walk up to the exit door and I look at where the camera is at.

"I would like to exit now, please?" I say calmly and pleasantly.

Dr. Otto looks at the mage technician and says to him "Magic in the room? Anything? "

"There is nothing. Before there was always just a little. The slightest humm of arcane energy off the box. But...nothing to worry about. But now there's nothing in the room, its just her in there....Sir."

I have a been waiting, standing there for minute. For him and the mage to finish their discussion.

"I would like to get out of here now. There's nothing else in here to do."....I think to myself 'Any more' I giggle.

The door finally opens up. I walk-in the airlock, after a couple minutes for it to do its cycle. I walk into the room with the rest of the group.

Dr. Otto immediately runs up in my face yelling "WHAT did you do? Bring it back ....the box back! We need to examine it!"

Sara runs up in front of him and stands between me and him....really quick!

"Dr. Otto...PeeTee calm down!" she told him.

He's towering over Sara at this point. Sara is starting to get mad herself and she says "PeeTee! You will listen to me!"

Dr. Otto looks down at Sara "She made the box disappear! She lied!"

Sara grows in size up from her five foot stature-ish normal. To near six foot like mine and her clothes stretch a bit. She looks Deep into his eyes "PeeTee your barking up the wrong tree! The only thing keeping her from killing you right now is....I'm standing in the way...You should apologize right now!

What Dr Otto can't see, now that Sara's blocking the view and I turned around from them. Is that I am burning up furious at him. My eyes are for sure red as burring coals. I am barely keeping calm. I start to breath and calm myself, So that I can get out of here! Without blood being spilt.

She shrinks in stature and says to him a little bit calmer and like a mother scolding a kid "PeeTee apologize....now!"

He meekly says "I'm sorry I called you a liar...I apologize profusely on my word."

"Good" she says as she turns to me "Rohanna? Do you except that?"

"I'll let him slide once. This is the last warning! Don't slip in your manners again and call me a liar to my face like you just did!" I say coldly with my back still to him. A sign to him...If he understands it....That I feel, he is so beneath me. That even when a fight might start between us...I still think, he is no threat.

I turn back around to him and I am still calming myself back down. Sara stares at me in the eyes and says "You calm? You sure don't look it?"

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"Your eyes are still glowing a little bit red and I already know that's a warning sign that you're about to do something....not so friendly."

I close my eyes and breath in and center myself...."I'm now calm" I say and I open my eyes again.

Sara says "Okay now I'm believing you now...Pee-Tee you okay?"

He nods, she turns quickly back to me "Okay Rohanna, what did you do to the box?"

I scowl at her "It's mine! I found out that it was mine! When I touched it and knew what to do with it. SO! I claimed it, it's mine and that's all there is to that. I'm not going let go of it. Where I put it you can't get to it and I not going to let them examine it. There's nothing in it that belongs to them. So there's nothing about it that they need to know and that's all there is to it. Now? Can we go back upstairs and maybe have another meal. I am kind of hungry" and I start walking away from them towards the exit door. Where the guards are standing.

Dr. Otto grumbled at Sara "That can't be it! She's got to bring it back! We need to examine it! We need to know why and how it appeared! Why it was tainted with class X on it! Why it was so dangerous! How she got here! Why she changed! We can't do this! There are too many questions. The box, she says the box has all the answers and it sounds like! So we need to examine it."

I turned back to them both and say calmly "It's not gonna happen Dr. Otto, your never gonna look in that box. Just accept that idea. That's what's going to happen. The only way you can get to that box, MAYBE? and it's a longshot. Would be to kill me AND that's not going to happen. So let's just move on past it. It happened, go from there and we can continue on having a somewhat professional relationship" I turn around from them and stand at the door waiting.

Sara taps Dr. Otto on the shoulder "Pee-Tee I believe what she just said. She's not going to lie or exaggerate. She's not going to let you see it, you are never gonna get to see it. You're not gonna kill her for it, I don't think you can kill her to get it. You don't even know how to get to it, if she was dead. So it's like a non-negotiable thing, it happened. You let her in the room, she touched it, its gone- like it never existed. Your just going to have put that in the file and live with it. I know that you need to understand this stuff. With some things you'll never understand."

He looks down at her "We have to know!"

"Pee-Tee you know better than this. You don't have to know. There are just some things, you'll never know and you will never understand one percent of the stuff I know. You read one of my books, in my collection....you will go in INSANE! You know that. So don't worry, you don't worry about what's in that box. It just is, it's something you don't do and you don't have access to. So live with it. So let's go back upstairs."

With that, he gives up knowing that Sara is right and something's in this world. Man was NOT to know PERIOD.

So everybody's assembles behind me. As I have been calmly waiting for them and we go back upstairs.

We go back to the room via the elevator, they just do everything in reverse and they escort me back to the room. The head guard opens the door and I am told by him to go in alone. Sara, Gwen none of them come in with me and he closes the door.

I walk to my bed and sit down and start thinking 'I got my box! I am complete now! I know what I need to do from here on out! and I've got all my equipment! I have all my possessions back!' I am feeling totally happy now. For the first time in what seems to be days.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In my mental sanctuary of my house

The dark elf in my head calls to me.

She's looking at me....the dark elf....As I stand in the living room of the house. My mind had built, She stands only a few feet off....screaming at me.

"WHY! have you not killed the BEAST! SARA! yet? We have our weapons now!... DO IT!"

I ponder her question, why have I not?..."Something deep in me says, this one is not bad. Unlike the rest we hunted and killed....This one, is a new kind of them" I say calmly to her question.

"You may regret not killing her now...We will see if your right then...But for now."

"I can see...And I know you can see, what must be done.....We must gather money here and buy or get our own land...FOR us Sidhe! The Elvin races must have a home. We must gather funds to make an academy for our kind. We will help train them. The old plan is gone...there is no army here, still fighting...the Old ones...the Bastard. So we can sell our supplies to fund it all? The humans will buy up our small supplies, to the highest bidder.

She walks around me.

"Everything is good and pretty much done. I have done what I needed to do here. You can have all the control. I'll come back once in a while. But we are now and forever one and the same! That's all there is to it."

She stops.

"I will be right here with you, once in a while. Over the next several months you will be processing. All I've that I have given you. Blending them with your human memories. You may feel overwhelmed for sure. As allot of my memories are bad ones. But you will cope with them. We will be one again and we can see what the future lies for us from there." And she just seems to fade from the room like a ghost.

I think now that the elf is gone.
"Why don't I kill her....Sara...she is the enemy?"
That empty spot in me is filling....A spot long gone cold....Since the kids where taken from me...."Love?"
I think.
"I know her lust aura has no effect....So why that feeling?...It must be true Love then...hummm?...Why does my soul pick this one?...I can not fight this...So let it be then....FATE has chosen this...So I guess WE are meant to be together?"

I pray that this time it does not end in PAIN, like then.

Then I notice! There are no other Drow in my head...None! I have always heard them. Psychically in my head. My friends, combat mates. We always talked, supported each other in our shared slavery, planned missions, chatted during combat.

NOW there are none....I feel so alone now! I have never NOT had anyone to talk to! The loneliness sets in HARD. Am I to be alone without fellow DROW forever? GAEA that spot is SO empty its driving me crazy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Out in the hallway.

Dr. Otto's got Sara by the med center "What did she do?...She got the....She touched it....Darn thing and she took it! Aunghadhail have you ever seen anything like this?" he asks all upset and stuttering like mad.

"No" she answers "There was a lot of magic radiating off that box. That box is up there it ranks, with items what I would call an artifact level of magic. Whoever built that thing probably took, probably years to build it. Out of who knows what metal? That was an enormous amount of stored magical energy in that box. I do not believe it was being released, that was...just it sitting there...ON...not it sitting there doing something. So who knows what kind of potential, sits in that box." States Aunghadhail.

Otto looks at Sara...she says slowly, as she thinks "Pee-Tee I don't do magic that much it's not my forte. Ancient knowledge...yes....magic...not really. Your going have to look to Nikki or Gwen or ask Aunghadhail further about it.....Sir Wallace? You know anything?"

Sir Wallace answers "I teach magic, I've never seen any object like that before. That was a particularly powerful object. All I have to say and I'm sure Aunghadhail will agree with me. Anyone wielding that box as a power source or weapon. I wouldn't stand in their way! But I don't think it's a weapon, it's something else. Because if it was truly a weapon and she wanted out. Like she does now! She would have walked out by now! She would not be waiting for you to politely to escort her out, give her paperwork and take her to my school."

"Aunghadhail?" Wallace looks at her "I agree with Sir Wallace and his assessment so far. If it was a weapon or anything of that nature. Since she wants out of here BADLY. She would just walk through us all and where she wants to. No one would have been able to stop her and that is all there is to that. So, it has some other purpose that is beyond what I can think of. There is only one other person I can think of asking. But I would never ask her to do anything on this."

Gwen looks at her "You don't ask her that stuff! You know better! Not after all she's been through! Don't bringing her into this!" Gwen thinks why would Aung bring up Caitlin in this, has she lost it??

Dr. Otto asks more than confused...as he is told near everything that goes on at the school "WHAT? who is this person?"

Aunghadhail says quickly "NO! there is nothing you should know about. This person is not ever going to be encountered by you, as far as I am concerned."

Sara looks at Dr. Otto "How about at this point. You do a little good and lets get rid of the guards? Maybe just keep two on her? Because at this point she's accessed stuff in the box, who knows....what extra weapons she's pulled out of it by now?"

He spin his stare to her, then excitedly says "You think she has pulled out more weapons?"

"I would bet money on it!" Sara mused "She probably came here with one suit of armor, that you we've already seen and a couple swords. Who knows what else little bit for traveling. By now, she's probably got her whole collection that was in that box or access to it. She's got it all back! So eight little guards? She will plow through them in just literally seconds!...I'm sure! So lets just get rid of the extra ones in the hall and just go with two from now on?"

"Aunghadhail? would you agree with that? Sara asked the queen.

"But certainly I would agree with that assessment. That box will certainly contained, all of her personal possessions and who knows what else? She has got. She has access to everything by now and with that being said. She has got all the armor, she has probably ever owned, along with all her weapons. With that she will walk through your security force like it doesn't even exist. Your heaviest armor may have a hard time getting her down, if you need to put her down?"

Sara grabs Pee-Tee by the shoulder "Why don't you start being a good host at this point. Treat her more like a friend. Not a test subject, let her out of there and go to the breakroom to sit down like regular people. Have dinner with the rest of us?...okay? Instead of having it brought into her like, she's a prisoner in a cage. You start with sugar and honey on it. She might start listening, talking to you. Instead of ignoring you, like she's done. You definitely made her very...extremely mad down there, when you insulted her and called her a liar."

Aunghadhail interrupts Sara "You insulted her? Called her a liar?"

Sara smiles to the Queen "Yep! and he did it twice...Once to her face!"

Aunghadhail in a very surprised voice "Ohh my...and you still breath?...Drow never let that happen! The human part that MUST be still in her. She did you a great favor by letting you live, you owe her now. Some would say owning a Drow a honor debt is a bad thing.
You must remember, that Drow are simple creatures. They just act on what is seen or done. They do not look for deeper meanings. It is either black or white to them, no "grays". Honor is all to them and they love fully forever or hate forever...that is all."

Sara then continued "I can believe that she's the type that takes an insult of her word of honor very deeply. Honor has a very deep...deep meaning to her and she's going to remember that offense for a long time. Honestly Pee-Tee, you slip again? I don't I am not going to be able stand between you and her! She will carve you in half and I'm not going to be able to stop it! So you have to be calm around her for a long long time. I don't think she is going to a give you any more free reign."

Dr. Otto steps back and leans against the wall....thinks about it for minute and he thinks...."Bill?"

Bill peeps up timidly "Yeah?" as he leaned forward, from his desk.

Otto deep in thought "Ahhh...let me ask you your opinion?"

"Me? I don't know anything about magic. I am just a nurse! A man that has seen a lot combat. That's about it" Bill gulped back.

"That's why I am asking you?....Okay?" Otto shot back.

Sara looks back "Dr. Otto where are you going with this?"

He looks back over to her "Sara? I'm asking an opinion...of Bill....as I talk to him you will know why? Give me a second....PLEASE...." Otto turns back to bill "Bill?"

"Yah doc?!"

"This is going to sound weird...Think of that Fifteen or Sixteen year-old elf. That's in that room as a warrior, that you fought with" Otto asks.

Bill thinks about it "Okay I got that....kind of an idea."

"What's your assessment thinking of her, more as a soldier or a warrior. Then as a girl that was a guy, that turned into an elf....Just eliminate that.... Just go with that it's a soldier....A warrior" Otto asked while leaning on the wall, with his eyes closed in thought.

"I understand where your going to doc.... This goes with what I've read in Aunghadhail's little file on her and what I've heard her mention....Yeah you keep treating her in that room like she's a prisoner and what Sara said kinda makes sense.
She's going to get rambunctious!
She is going to want to get out!
She going to want to get out faster.
She's not going to trust you!
Where you to start letting her have some free reign, like she's more of a guest not a prisoner. She might open up and talk to you...If you keep treating her like prisoner. Not as your guest, she will do the same thing like I would do, if I got captured...name...rank..serial number! That's all you will get Doc, is the same droning thing on over and over.

I'm seeing where your going! That's my suggestion Don't take her upstairs!.. okay...maybe tomorrow?...But let her go to Whateley! That might be a real good goal. She might come back and you can talk to her more or talk remotely or go there? Have Sara talk to her, to find out what's going on. It looks like Sara and her have already developed an incredible friendship already...plus Gwen!
Sooo...that's your best IN to learning anything about her. At this point, is not hitting her in the front. But run around to her side. Be her friend! Don't tackle her and stab her in the back. But be an ally! Is what I'm saying an actual ally is more of what you need to go for. Than in her face "I want this!" kind of person" Bill knew he had tripped up along the way, in his thoughts. But Doc seems to have gotten his point.

The doc says "Okay ---I see what we need to do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Room

Back in the room, I sit cross-legged on the bed meditating, talking to my Elf friend. I hear commotion outside. The door opens up and Sara and Gwen come near, bouncing in. I start getting off the bed to greet them.

"Okay!...you two...what's next?....I managed to pull a rabbit out of my hat and everybody's upset about it. So what's the trick guys want me to do next?
Or should I say I made a rabbit disappear?
Or I should say I made the girl disappear out of the box! That's it! Use that! What sort of trick do you want me to do? I made the box disappear!" I start to giggle.

"Anyone else? you want to have disappear?" I ask them coldly

Sara gets a sly grin over across her face and an evil giggle starts "I've got a couple of people! I know that might need to disappear!"

Gwen elbows her really quick in the side "Aaayyy No...No...No....No...No...don't do that! You'll give her ideas! She might do it!"

I look at Gwen and say coldly with a grin "Anybody you want to disappear?"

She starts thinking in the same way....The same evil grin starts "AAhhh, I know a person or two."

Sara glares at her "Trader!"

I laugh at both of them..."So what's next?..oh...What's next?...What am I saying! I want to eat! So, shall we give Bill a shopping list!"

Sara smiled "No we've kinda worked out a deal with Dr. Otto for you. He's upset you disappeared the box. But he's taking it well and he understands it was yours to begin with. Your property. He got to look at it for a while. He just has to live with it. So what we are going to do, is walk down the break room with Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum here. They will walk with us, because they have to. Into the break room. You'll get to sit in there, all nice and comfortable and have a sit-down dinner with us! Before we have to go back to school, to do our homework and get ready for class tomorrow."

"AWWW You guys have to go? That's not right!" I whined.

"We got to go to class tomorrow, we are still students. Once and a while you get time off, but you're not an emergency any longer" Sara informed me.

"So in other words, if I am still an emergency? You stay?" I mused.

Sara looked at me and kinda scolded me "Don't do something silly please!"

"I was going to break my arm really quick...But it will heal up anyway....Shoot! Idea number one down...hummmm?" I joked at her.

She laughs at me for suggesting that.

"Let's go down the hall to the break room" she chimes and she starts out the door. Gwen follows behind her, I quickly follow them both.

Both guards yell at us surprised "Hey...hey...hey" as we all walk past them.

"We are going to break room! You guys going to follow or what?" I say to them walking away quickly. I am getting bold. Now that I don't have to plot ,on how to get my possessions back and I know it! So I keep on walking down the hallway, Daring them to stop me!

They give in and quickly walk after us. One guard says to our backs "You guys have to inform us, when you want to leave the room...like that."

I look at them "WE! Just told you and we are walking!" I say like a tour guide.

Gwen sputters, trying hard not to giggle at them. Sara leads me to the break room and we go in, she opens the big fridge and then says to me "Have at it!"

"Oh yeah" I squeak! I just go nuts! I pull out two big salads and two big boxes of fruit. Then toss the pile on the table! I go back and grab a couple more things. Sara, just watches me do it.

I say "Well that's for me!"

Sara shakes her head "Elves and that empty pit of a stomach! Ohh...my...God! Pack...IT away!"

Gwen grabs a couple of things out of there and sits down next to me. Then takes near no time in digging in furiously.

Sara looks at me "Listen I am going to go back down the hallway and have Nikki...NOT! Aunghadhail come down here. She's going to sit at the other end of the table. Little bit away from you. To give you two a little breathing room and see if you guys can talk it out a little bit. Can you do that??"

I look up at Sara "For you, I will nail my feet to the floor and be as calm as possible. If I hear that voice come out of Nikki? I make no guarantees...at all... okay?"

"Just stay here and keep eating, while I get her" she starts to walk off.

I look at Sara over my plate "You're not eating?"

Sara says "No."

Gwen already has a mouthful of food and mumbles "Baby demon....remember?"

I sigh sad for her a bit "Yeah...You don't eat food. You live off, living stuff, plants, animals...people. I'm sure this place will not let you do that."

Sara looks back at me "You understand how....I eat?

"Yes....I do now" I say back in a whisper.

That stops her a second, she walks back to me and leans down "Was that knowledge in that box?"

"Part of it" I say back "And lots more."

"So now, we got an idea what was in there...A little bit now" and she turns and walks down the hallway.

Sara walks back down to the med center, where Nikki has been sitting with Bill and Sir Wallace. She walks up to them.

She says "Nikki I've got an idea. I want you Sir Wallace and Bill to come along too, so as to kind of break up the room for me?"

Nikki asks, leery of what is going on "What are you doing?"

Sara looks at Nikki "I want you to go down into the break room and sit across the table. A pretty long table. From Rohanna."

Nikki is about say something...Aunghadhail's aura comes over Nikki "This is a bad idea, I do not advise it. Me in a confined space with a Drow, that wants me dead and your going to put me within practical arms reach of her? You do understand that if, she decides to kill me. You can not stop her. Your fast and I know it. Your strong and I know it. You will not be able slow her down enough, to do anything."

Sara walks up to Aunghadhail "I hate to tell you this "Queen" but your the problem not Nikki! As long as you shut up! Just listen. Don't say a word. She might let Nikki, be a friend and in turn you might be able to patch up your problems. To rebuild that Bridge, that obviously got burned. You understand my idea now?"

"Yes I Sara, I understand where your going. I will comply, I will not say anything and I will to sit and listen."

Sara adds "The reason why I am bringing Sir Wallace and you...Bill. Is just so there are few bodies in the way. I know that sounds like sacrificing a lamb. But I figure she's okay with Bill, more than anyone else and she feels no ill will to Sir Wallace. If you two stand between A and B she might have to go through you guys, to get to someone that acts..."stupid"...she leers at Aunghadhail inside of Nikki's body "We are not going to get stupid again?....Are we?....We have done that more than once" Aunghadhail remained silent.

Nikki's normal self comes back up "She is just staying silent now. She's definitely...I think in the corner learning her lesson right now. That she messed up....So I am willing to go for it! Lets go down there!"

All four of them, start walking down the hallway toward the break room.

Sara stops at the door "You two go in first and get something to eat. Then sit at the middle of the table. Me and Nikki will come in, after your seated and ready...okay?"

Both of them nod, then go into the room. Bill looks at me, as he enters and says "Hi..." then he stops short, at seeing how much food is arrayed around us two elves..."WOW...You just ate and there you both go again? Man your school will go broke, if more elves go to it!"

Gwen and me both start giggling like chipmunks.

Bill changes the subject "You picked a new name now? its Rohanna...right?"

I stop eating and say to him "That's correct Bill...Ro for short....come join us and sit please."

Sir Wallace walks up, to me and puts his hand out "I wanted to make sure that... We where properly introduced. I am Sir Wallace and your Rohanna Leigh...correct? I at this time, I will offer to you...if? You do, get admitted to Whateley. That I would like to take you on as one of my students to teach you what I know and in turn that you will show me what you know. Your obvious form of magic. That I've have seen so far, is quite different than my own."

I stand. then take hold of his hand. As softly as I can shake it, remembering that I almost broke Dr Otto's hand today "Sir...I will be glad to do that. We can exchange knowledge."

He says "Excuse me" walks over the fridge and gets couple of boxed up food items. He sits down at the middle of the table. I notice that Bill does the same.

I start thinking..."They are forming a "wall" between me and where. Nikki will sit...good idea Sara."

Sara walks in the room, with Nikki behind her and she looks at me from across the room.

Sara's voice gets my attention "Ro? Nikki's coming in. Are you okay with that? I just sit, nod and say nothing....trying hard to keep calm. As the bad memories of what Aunghadhail, had done in the past. Pelt my mind.

Nikki comes in and she waves her hand really quickly "I'm Nikki Riley."

I say back to her, keeping calm as I can "I am Rohanna Leigh" that's all, I say to her.

She says "Hi" all cheery, as she goes to sit in a chair.

I say "Hello"....coldly.

Sara steps between us next to the table. She looks at me and gives me a somewhat evil look that just says....disappointment....all over it. "Ro? is that all we can do?...Short choppy sentences of two or three syllables at best?"

I look up at Sara putting my fork down "Maybe?"

Sara is starting to challenge me and I don't like that. I always "dig in" and fight. But since I more than trust her, I will relent....a bit.

She looks at me and she gets a little mad "STOP IT!... You're gonna talk to her...We're going to talk about school and your going to like it! Aunghadhail is going to be good and sit in the corner over there...in a way. Then you and Aunghadhail. At a later time can figure out how, you guys are going to go talk to each other. Without you, wrapping your fingers around Nikki's neck and choking her to death!...I'm sure while doing it!...Now...Do you want to shake Nikki's hand?"

I stare straight at Nikki "No...that would NOT be a good idea right now....The wounds are just a little too deep and allot too fresh. For me to actually have a hand on her and not do something with it."

While I am saying it. The temperature feels like it drops in the room. I am saying it so cold.

Sara still looking at me very displeased "Okay....Nikki what did you want to eat?"

Nikki says "The same salad, I had for lunch."

Sara goes in the fridge behind me, grabs that out and grabs soda pop for Nikki.

Then Sir Wallace being the Brit and probably a master negotiator at his age "Your probably going to be placed in, basic theories of magic or basic introduction to practical magic. Both of those classes, Nikki is an assistant instructor and so your going to be seeing her. Quite a bit of her in that program."

"Okay Sir" I say.

"And your both going to be the housed in the same building, on the same floor. Unless Mrs. Carson decides to label you a violent" he adds.

I look at Gwen real quick "You did not say anything about violent...What's that?"

Gwen swallows her food real quick, then blurts out semi coherent thoughts. "There are some students at school they label ultra-violent's....AKA don't mess with them. They will kill you or they killed people or are really dangerous and easy to set off or they like killing people and causing pain. They wear armbands or ID badges or whatever? It indicates to leave them alone or not aggravate them. They're some that you are not allowed to mess with period! They are....like don't talk to...kinda...ya know that's the only way to describe it. Don't aggravate them...Don't attack them. You'll won't get suspended....You'll get expelled! Like Billie in my building, if she punches you...You die!...That's all there is to it!...Your done! She gets a full on punch on you. You're just destroyed! There is not going to be much left! If anything I mean nothing left! I mean like atomic level nothing...Atoms left you."

I look at her "WOW....that's interesting. A kid walking around with enough juice...."

Sara interrupts me "You're underestimating Tennyo....She won't kill someone, not her nature. But she could level half the planet...Honestly! I'm not exaggerating."

Sara looks at me "Her basic core is, basically antimatter."

"Ahh crap...I understand that concept....yes...I watched enough TV in my life...POOF is basically it?"

"Yes poof!...She's learned a lot of control and being a high school kid. She's a teenager literally, with all that walking around in her. But she's a fun person to be around. Just a beautiful personality, just a blast!...ha..ha..." she giggled.

Sara whispers to me "I am even on the list" for stuff I did.

Okay?" I sit there and keep eating. Then Nikki asks a question of me "What subjects do you want to take for high school?"

"I already went to a high school once and I went to a good one. So if they make me take the same things over, I will be repeating everything again?" I ask.

Sara interrupts me "They will test you for your knowledge and set you in the right classes. So that you can study for a college degree or better. Most likely since your exemplar and an elf you can probably read, a book in a minute! So your are going to fly through your classes. Since your coming, so late in the semester? I don't know if they will consider this a full semester or a get used to the school kinda thing...I think so you might end up in a full year behind us, not just a term but a full year. But so you're still the same building. They might put ya on a different floor or they might move ya, just to keep you next to us...we will see."

So we are sitting there. Talking about the subjects at Whateley, Nikki asks me "Are you going to go in the martial arts program? I would assume with what I've been told, what your skills are from the past. That would be a dead set guarantee for you."

I think about it for a minute and as I do I tilt me head "I will probably go into your martial arts program and see if you have a sword class?"

Gwen chirps in "Ya they do!"

I then go on "Maybe others...like archery?"

Nikki says "We have archery. But if your really good at it, maybe you can give me some pointers?"

I look at Nikki "I would be more than happy to teach a fellow Sidhe. About how to use a bow properly. Its what I used to do at the Elvin academy is teach the bow. I'm sure the humans that are teaching you, on how to use a bow are completely inadequate at doing it!..Now.
I would also be, more than happy to teach you on. How to use a sword properly. As a Sidhe, is a lot different than human. I don't care how good they are. We just bend different, than humans and that's all there can be said about it.
I make that same offer to you Gwen? If you want to learn how to defend yourself better. Because I can see by how you walk and act you're not that good at it...are you?"

Gwen pouts as she says "No I am sad at it. Most of my life's been running and dodging stuff. Not a attacking and defending" Gwen stops to think on how she fights "Now I use a lot of illusions to trick people out of attacking me."

I say back to her "That work's...Deception is a amazing tool to keep people from knowing where you're at. So that you can sneak up behind them and stick a knife in their gut!"

Gwen looks at me at little bit frightened, of what I just said "I wouldn't do that!"

I lean down to her...close "There might be someday you might have to! It might come a lot sooner than you think! You might want to get ready for it."

Nikki sits quietly at the other end of the table and Aunghadhail is in Nikki's head saying ~"By the elder Gods...I want to talk to her right now, I want to stop what she is doing."~

Nikki says ~"What"~ to her.

~"She is corrupting Gwen a little there. Gwen is an innocent young one...So are you! She is talking you into killing people, left and right. Like it does not even bother her. KILLING...it is what she does."~

Nikki pointed out ~"Aunghadhail...I have had to kill the voodoo wolves and everything else around here lately. Then add all the other problems, we've had this last year. I think Gwen needs to be prepared for that eventuality. That she might have to take a life or hurt someone seriously. It makes sense to me. She's had a couple combat finals with people, in last year and she only pulled it off because she had a team around her. Alone she's okay to a point. But she needs to have more. I understand were Rohanna going and I have no problem with the conversation."~

Nikki gets mad at Aunghadhail ~"If you do! Just shut up!...Sit and stay out of it please. Don't aggravate the situation and probably get me killed while doing it."~

I glance at Nikki from my chat, with Gwen "As to your martial arts program...honestly outside of the sword and the bow. Which I'm sure that my skill level is near equal to anyone at your school. Being it uses a dangerous weapon in class it's expected it to have problems. BUT with martial arts, I'm leery of them. Unless a teacher lets me start out, at the beginning of it."

Nikki looks at me "Ito will probably evaluate you and judge from there. Where you need to go."

I say "I don't know, if I am comfortable with that? A lot of what I do....is just not holds and keeping people from doing harm. It's just outright breaking and killing. That's it! There's not much middle ground there between my starting a fight and ending it. Most my fights end up being someone laying on the ground, getting ready to be dragged into a grave. As opposed to...on the ground unconscious or subdued."

She says back to me "Well just advise Ito, what the problems are and he's a very good expert. He will work around them and eventually. He will probably have you...if you're that good? Helping out with all the classes and who knows what else. It looks like you going to be really specializing in the warrior arts and helping people out with that. With that you will definitely end up being, some sort of class assistant! Probably get paid for it. Tutor people on the side, and of course get paid for that! I think after people see your skills, they will flock to you for advice and learning."

I smile "I would be happy with that! One of things I liked doing was teaching!".....I stop for a second thinking about the past and the smile is gone "When I was allowed to. It's a goal that you have, is to teach! When you teach someone, you learn it better. Better than you knew it before! When you see someone else doing it and your showing them the steps. You are learning to see the mistakes that you did. So you correct your own, as you go and when you're done teaching one pupil you're better at that skill. Then when you started yourself."

I get back to eating, half an hour later I start putting my stuff away and grab something for dessert.

Sara says to all "We gotta go. It's getting late. Pee-Tee could you call the teleporter for us and have them waiting?"

"Sure" he says "They will be waiting for you upstairs."

Sara starts walking out the door with me. The guards pick up behind us and we go to my room. Gwen's goes in there with us, but Nikki stayed outside. Because she still a little leery of me, that makes sense.

Bill is standing there, Sara asks "Bill are you staying tonight?"

"No I'm gonna go home...I'm beat up. I'll probably be in tomorrow morning at seven or eight AM after I get a decent nights sleep...in my own bed. Are you going to be okay Ro? As soon as these girls leave, I'm going with?"

"I think I will be fine. Is there any way, I can get anything to read?"

"Outside of a magazine. This place doesn't have books. Its all on the computer and I can't let you have access...I asked. I also asked for cable piped down to the TV...it's in the same way of Internet access. They don't want to have any access to information, it's a trusting thing right now this point" Bill said to me.

"Okay I can understand that...I guess I am going to be very, very, bored tonight."

Sara turns to everyone "Could you let us have the room....we need to talk?"

They walk out the door and Sara walks up the door to close it. The guard says to her only like a guard can "We can't leave you in the room alone."

Sara scowls at him and says to him "If she wanted me or you dead or everyone around here. I'm sure she would have accomplished that goal by now. Being in the room with her doesn't scare me...one bit" and she closes the door.

She walks over to me and she says "Your not going to be alone tonight. I am going to be in your head" she taps my head, to prove a point in a funny way
"I don't sleep either. But I have to be at school tomorrow and have to pretend that I did my homework...at the very least" she was leans up to me and whispers "Is there anyway you can form a privacy Ward on this room?"

I whisper back to her "No...The wards and magic in this place, would eat through anything I put up....pretty quickly. I can put an illusion on the room for maybe about ten minutes at best. Beyond that the cameras are going to start seeing through it or the mages will be alerted to it, being in the room. One of those two... give me a couple weeks in here and I would figure out how to do all of it! But I am not going to stay here for a couple weeks!"

She leans up "Put an illusion, that we are just standing here talking."

I reach down to my essence, pull it out from it and POP the illusion is up "Okay stand exactly where you're at. Do not move any direction, more than six or seven inches. It'll stick for about five to six minutes and they can't hear us now. But stay in the bubble and your good! What do you want to say?"

Sara leans in close and hug's "Just what I said, I'll be up here with you" she taps my head again and then she looks up at me "I don't know why when you changed. I just have fallen for you! BAD I don't get it? Its like oil and water. I got a funny feeling about it. When I read your aura, you don't seem to be affected by my aura at all....that I don't get?"

I sigh to her as I look into her eyes "I know why and we'll talk about it some. After I get to your school. I don't want to say anything here. Too many people listening...but in any case....All that I am, is yours forever....Sara my LOVE."

She starts wrapping her arms around me and She then proceeded to give me the most achingly toe curling kiss. I had ever experienced. I started having thoughts and feelings I had never experienced. My tummy did flip flops in a very good way. I felt warm between my legs and I don't want to stop!!

After she parts, I look at her "I'm assuming with you, that's a start?"

Sara whispers "Yes!"

"I think we should just talk to each tonight...Nothing....Other in my head tonight... Okay...I still don't think, I am physically and mentally ready for that just now."

Sara pouts "I understand...it takes a while to adjust to everything and you have had biggest adjustment in the shortest amount of time. I think I've ever seen."

"I need to see you tonight, one way or the other....Okay?" she asks.

"Okay that will keep me calm, in here and from being alone. With nothing to read, or to do and keep my mind on something. That drives me crazy!!

She leans away "Pull the illusion" I push her back a little bit and pull it....then blended it out, so it looks normal to them.

"Done" I say.

"I'll see you tonight...are you coming by tomorrow?" I ask...in hope of yes!

"After school, I will be here first thing. After when my class ends at about two o'clock or so, I don't want you to wait too long. Because, I can't visit you during class....awake...obviously. I will get here soon as I can. Pee-Tee will set up a teleporter for the minute I get out of class...okay?" she asks.

"Okay I'll stand it...Bill will be here. He will, probably talk to me at least. Not that me and him will have much to talk about. As I don't know medical and he doesn't know anything, that I know."

Sara stops walking to the door "Ohh shoot almost forgot" She walks to the door real quick and opens it "Hey Bill" she yells "Get me a tape measure please!"

She looks back in at me and giggles...while smiling lopsidedly.

I ask "What are you doing? That smile and giggles do NOT bode well!"

"Wait".....Bill shows up with a tape measure and is about to step in...she stops him "Girl stuff" and then closes the door.

"STRIP! she yells at me, then giggles.

"WHAT...why?" I ask.

"So that I can measure you. To have Donna, get you underwear and some kind of descent clothes tomorrow morning!"

So I take off the sweat-suit and stand there. She ogles me "Hubba hubba! now that is a BODY!....I looked at it before.....But now with nothing else in my head YIKES I like! "

"So are you going to measure or stand there!" I mutter.

"Stand here" She says in a husky, sexy voice...then she giggles.

She takes my measurements ...."My, my what a BIG girl!" she says "That height might be an issue sometimes...But there are a lot of six foot models these days and some are built like you in the fitness world."

I say surprised "Really? As tall and muscled up, as I am?"

"Ahhh yep! Back in the 70's girls went for a rounder look...But now, its either very skinny or built like you. They call it fitness or sports models and some bodybuilders too. Man there is not an ounce of fat on you at all...WOOF!...love it!"

"Hummm....really? I pondered as she did my waist, then chest and bust line.

She brushes my nipples while taking the last measurement and that just sent jolts of pleasure through me...I just know she did that on purpose, to get a rise out of me.

"Like I said yep...You might want to look into a modeling sideline, like Nikki does. They sometimes want, the very exotic look like you!" she stands up "Done....I will get this over to Donna and she will get you some things."

I get redressed and flip the camera the bird!....Sara laughs at that "How many are in here?"

I say "Over twenty between this room and the bath! I stopped counting at fifteen."

"Your kidding? She quips.

"AAAhh nope....I wonder if the tape of this, is for sale yet!"

I walk over to the door, open it for her and the guard jumps. Then glares at me "Calm down guys...you have to learn to calm down, around me!" I say goodnight to Sara and watch her, as she walks to the elevator...Then I close the door.

Sara rides up the elevator to the ground floor by herself thinking 'Why am I falling for this dark elf? I don't get it? It's like....nothing like this has ever happened to me before.
She just affects me and my Lust aura does even seem to faze her one bit!
Even though....she seems to, more than like me in return. I don't get it? and she seems to know why? I gotta wonder? She is certainly not going to tell me here and I understand that there are just too many things here. Spying on us, to let anything secret out. I may work for this place and Dr. Otto. Doesn't mean, I trust him that far. Especially when my life is on the line, from anything that they garner from anything I do here.'

The door opens up, she walks out into the office complex and makes her way to where the teleporter usually waits for her. In the meeting room area. Once she gets into that section, she sees a lady standing there in a meeting room.

The lady sees her come in and asks Sara "Are you ready to go? I've already taken everybody else."

Sara steps up "Yes I am" she stands next to her.
The lady says "Ready? and IN Three...two...one" poof...they're standing in the Lovecraft room, Sara turns to her "Thank you."

"Good night" poof the teleporter's gone.

She starts getting her books out to do her homework and there's a knock on her door. She opens it and Nikki is standing there.

She looks at Nikki quizzically "Have you been standing there ,waiting for me to come back Nikki?"

Nikki says "Yes I have been waiting, for nearly an hour."

Sara apologizes "I'm sorry ...We had to do some measurements of her, for some clothes and I wanted to say goodbye nicely ....everything like that."

"I understand. I know you have some homework to make up for. But aahha lets cheat a little bit tonight. I know you want to get back with her. So that, she stays calm tonight. I understand that a couple classes. that we have together. That I am the teacher's assistant. I will cover for you and make it look like you did your homework....okay? So, that should lighten your load in half tonight at least!" Sara jumps up and gives Nikki a Hug!

Sara sequels "THANKS! that's going to help out a lot! I really needed that!"

Nikki says "No problem you didn't need it....She needed it. I know that sometimes the school, doesn't understand some of the stuff that we do. So good night and don't do anything, I wouldn't do!" and she gives Sara that the knowing wink.

Sara looks at Nikki "NOT really doing anything like that tonight...mentally...She is still not ready for it...obviously....But it's definitely in the works, once she settles down a little bit more. Mentally of course?"

Aunghadhail changes, Nikki's demeanor as she comes up "Sara?"

"Yes Aunghadhail?....you have something ask?"

"Sara I don't know if it's such a good idea for you, to get involved with this Drow. You really don't have any idea what they do. Do you?" The Queen questions.

"NO I don't or you can tell me now?" Sara asks.

"Just as like I said with Nikki and you and everyone else. It is between her and me. I will not say anything. You must ask her or she will tell me to involve you. But ask her before, you get too deeply involved" The Queen sighs.

Sara looks at Aunghadhail "What you're saying is does not bode well. I hope you're just not trying to sabotage something for spite."

"Sara I would never do that! That is just not me. Especially with this dark elf. I will help her out as best as I can. I owe her for sure! So have a good night" and Nikki turns and leaves the room.

Sara pulls out her cell phone and punches up Donna's number...she waits for her to answer.

Donna comes on the line "How is my love!"

"FINE!...you and..." she asks.

"All's good here...you need anything? Donna asks.

"Yepers You know that new dark elf, they called me in for at ARC?"

"Ahhh yes I do.....and since you where here for two days, why did you not come see me?" she pouts.

Sara says "Too busy...this elf had MAJOR issues. Took all my time and was DANGEROUS. I did not want to endanger you. But could you, get her measurements off the computers? Then, could you? Pick her up some basic clothes till she gets out...to have...just a few days worth?"

"No problem and measurements? Its all in the med files I have access to...and I will get her stuff tomorrow...ohh and she has the standard elf allergies?"

"Yes and It looks like some are more intense. So stay on the One hundred percent organic side, to be sure and use my credit card!" Sara barked playfully.

"Ahh nope, ARC is footing this bill. They made it! They can pay for it!" Donna jokes back.

Sara says "See you tomorrow...as I want you there, when I see this elf again. So we can go over paperwork on getting her to Whateley this week!"

"Ahh just so you know...Otto is being pressured to keep her here HARD. So they can study a new breed of elf. One that looks like, it was modified somehow. They might try something?" Donna put in.

Sara got mad "I HOPE NOT! This elf will not take it for too much longer. She will go off on them and do something drastic. As she not mentally stable and is quite dangerous at best...Please look into anything on her, for me?....night!"

"I will LOVE!...night till tomorrow!" and Donna hangs up.

Sara jumps back to her desk, gets her books out and starts getting into the homework assignments. That she knows, she needs to get done and those ones she can put away to later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back in my room

I've been pacing around for about twenty minutes, I know Sara's gone by now. Bills taken off.

Thinking to myself "I got to get used to this body again. I know it's movements are the same as normal. But everything else is, so shaken up in my skull. I don't know if I can depend on it, acting like I want it to and when it should."

I knock on the door, to let the guards know. I am going to open the door.

I open it. I look at them both "AHH guys I know this is gonna sound weird, but I'm not doing anything dangerous. I'm not doing anything stupid. But if you hear sounds coming from in this room. It's just me exercising...Okay? I need to get used to what happened to me and I gotta exercise it out. You can understand and are you going to let me slide on this? You two? Or are you going to be restricted by the rules and make me go crazy tonight. Just pacing around the room?"

One looks at the other, shrugs and the one that looks like he's more in charge says "We will let you exercise. As long as we don't hear ya throwing the bed around in there or anything." He thinks about it for a second "Are you going to like benchpress that bed or something or pick it up or make real big noises? So I know what to expect?"

I look at them for second "I never thought about bench pressing the bed? That's a good idea!"

"Great! I suggested it! That's gonna get me in trouble! You do know, that's there is enough cameras in there to fill a bucket....right?" The one guard says.

"I know and I feel them...As long, as you say....I am not tossing the bed into the wall. They're not gonna really care, now are they?" I ask.

"I suppose not" he says.

"How about I just tell them you are going to be exercising in the room and just get it over with? They are going know in two seconds after you start anyway?"

"Okay...just knock and tell me if they get all stupid on you?" and I close the door.

The guard turns to his buddy "You might as well, give it a shot?"

He talks to his communicator "Central?"

The communicator answers back "This is central."

"The dark elf is going to be exercising in her room. So she might be moving stuff around. As in lifting the bed, exercising. Because she's so cooped up. So we like you to be aware of that and is it....okay?"

"One second"...and in central the technician turns to the officer "Should we let her exercise in the regular gym?"

"NO! that's not safe...not unsupervised. She's been listed as too much of a wildcat at this point. But exercising the room Okay...keep an eye on her, to keep her from anything that could damage something drastically. If she does, we will have it stopped" the officer tells the tech.

"Central...advise. As long as we don't see her damaging the room. We are okay with it."

The two guards look at each other "You okay?...yep" and he knocks on the door open and leans in "Their fine with exercising, as long as you don't go breaking stuff in here."

I turned back to him "Thanks guys that helps out a lot!" and he closes the door on my room.

I walk up to the bed and its got a footboard on it. Pretty narrow and only about an inch and a half wide. I push down on it real hard and lift my body weight on it. Good that doesn't move.

I lower the bed to the floor as low as it goes. So I can jump on the footboard and not hit the ceiling. Then I drag it off the far wall. For more room on the other end.

Central is watching me...."What is she doing?" the officer asks.

I just jump up on and land on both feet and balance on the edge with my toes and start walking back and forth twenty or so times to get my balance back.
Then I hop across the length of the bed to the other end, almost miss it and come back. Make that adjustment mentally....and jump across again --all fine this time. I walk back and forth back on the back edge and jump back and forth a dozen times to get used to it.

The monitoring room

The officer is looking at me on the on the array of monitors "She's got agility like I've never seen and she just started back up on it! WOW she can do that and she's got weapons? That's bad. Make a note on everything, you see her doing. Measurements and everything. Put it in the files."

Back in my room

I am jumping back and forth between one end of the bed and the next. Barely even breaking a stride between, one flip and the next.

After about thirty of those. I flip and land on my hands. I say "Okay let's try something? Do this only on fingers" checking my balance and doing one finger push-ups at this point. Not enough resistance to build any muscle. But trying to make sure that my balance gets checked.

I push off and land on the other side on my fingers. I do that flip and finger land a dozen or so times.

I hop off the bed "What's next? that's not taxing enough to get me active" I think.

"I would like to get my daggers out and practice with them. If they see weapons, they will flip out! So what to use?"

"There are pencils on the desk! Perfect!" I grab up the three pencils on the desk and start flipping all through my fingers. Doing juggling, turning, spinning on fingertips. Trying to get my agility back in my hands. I do that for about an hour as I sit in the bed. I start to get bored with it. But I will keep it up to the point where I am just going to stop. I sit there for another hour plus doing that, tossing them in the air and catching them point down on my finger tip. Flipping between one finger and the next I try to get the balance down. But they SUCK.

I feel am getting bored of this and stop. I sit there thinking what next? I will try bench pressing this stupid bed!! I slide under it finally the heaviest parts are up at the at the foot end all of the motors are at and I start in on it. Two arm, lifts then one arm and switching every thirty reps or so.

Back at Whateley.
Sara finishes up her homework as best she can after two and half hours, slaps the books in her bag, hops on her bed, crosses her legs and starts going into her mediation.

Back in my room
I probably lifted the bed up a hundred times. I stopped counting, one hands and anything else?

I feel pressure against my mind and she's back! OHH JOY! I put the bed down, roll up onto the bed, cross my legs, and center myself. I drifted in my own mind and I am standing back at my parents house again in the living room and everything is cleaned up and the dark elf is gone.

I feel brushes against my mind again, I open the front door. That surprises her, that it's the front door and not the kitchen door I open up "Well come in!" I say

She's just dressed drop dead sexy again, in that leather outfit and it looks good on her!

"You're trying to tempt me again aren't you? Or is this just your normal lusty look for visiting someone this way?"

She drags a finger across my cheek, as she comes in the door "It's just my normal look, as if I was trying to give you lusty. You would probably be giving in to me by now."

I walk with her into the living room and sit down on the couch. She sits up next to me, cuddling into me a little bit and she purrs at me "Are we going to do anything extra nice?"

I tell her "No....not at all. Just to let you know something, this is the last time you will see this form of the male me ever that I'm now in. I am going to try to erase it from my mind. Your only going to see female dark elf from here on out. That's what I should've been all this time."

She looks at me "What do you mean by that?"

I look at her "I don't know how to put this But the Sundering and what Aunghadhail and her fellow Royals did. Interfered with today. I can put it to you in this way. They stole from here, for their war effort. The only way to put this is...I'm going to let the cat out of the bag with my problem with her, so you understand some of it."

"When they stole from here, they stole me and they stole others. Since they disturbed the flow. Me and others should have been born elves of other elves. I know that sounds funky, but it's true there should be thousands of us! NOT JUST A thousand or so by now. Even after the Sundering! Ripped us all apart. So you can understand now, why I am super mad at her and her kind?"

Sara nods at me and in a soft voice "I have an understanding now and what you're alluding to I'm imagining it is probably a lot worse."

I look down "You don't know a tenth of it....it's just dragging agony to think about it. So I am going to cut all this loose. The next time you visit me up here, in my head. This won't be a house anymore, I won't look like this and that'll be that."

She looks at me "Are you sure you don't want to do it....one last time?"

"I don't want the last memory of this to be locked in with you. I want to start new ones, with the new me. I want this one left behind. You can understand that?"

She nods "Yes I understand that. A clean break. So what do you want to talk about?...anything?"

I looked down at her "I don't know what to talk about...At this time, I am talked out about the school. Without me being able to look at paperwork and verify stuff. I want to know what's going on. I need to look at actual paperwork. listening to you. I know, you have first hand knowledge. But the paperwork is the end. You know what I mean?"

"I understand that...I understand completely."

Sara and I just start talking a little bit about school. She tells me what's going on lately, so I have an idea outside of the administration paperwork. She tells me about the Halloween little bit and all those problems it brought.

I'm thinking WOW her school got invaded by nut jobs trying to kill her and stuff. I'm not happy about that!

I'm looking down on Sara's beautiful face "If they come after you again and I'm around. You do understand there is going to be bodies hitting the floor! There is not going to be anybody chasing you through the woods, like you said the last time! That's NOT going to happen, while I'm still breathing!"

She suddenly gets up and looks at me "I DO NOT! want you to throwing your life a way to protect me! It takes a lot to kill me!"

I hold her face up to me, by the chin and I look at her. For what seems forever "It takes an awful lot to kill me too."

I pause in thought "I have been thinking about this stuff and I've been exercising in my room to get my balance back. I have one question ask? You said I was a burnout case. Do those happen more than once?"

Sara says "Yes burnouts happen on and off with people. Some only get one or two. Exertion or injury or some other factors come into it and make more. That happened Gwen she had one when she was injured and I got one when I got injured badly. That's usually one of the key factors....major injury."

I look at her and say "I honestly think this is my first step. Because I don't feel quite as strong as, I think I should be?"

She studies me "You think you're supposed to be stronger? Than what you are now? You almost crushed Dr. Otto's hand and that's awful strong for an elf! Any elf."

I shake my head "I'm totally built different remember? I started thinking about it. "It's hard to explain and I don't want go into it."

I asked her "What do you think, I have to look forward to tomorrow?"

She smiles "They will probably get you up early, six or seven o'clock maybe eight. Then start doing as many tests, as they can on you! Run you through every device in the building. Just let them have their fun for one day, after that? If they can't get it done in one day or so? We will start putting a stop to them."

I sigh "So in other words, I should see school paperwork from them by tomorrow evening. When you come from the school?"

She jumps up "You know what! I'm going to make sure that I bring paperwork from the school for you tomorrow when I get there! So there's no excuse for them to go all...."We have to go get it"... and all that non-sense or that, this and that whatever! and try to dodge you or delay it" she says.

She starts thinking about the paperwork "Your going to have a problem."

"What?" I ask.

"Your going to be listed as a Fifteen year-old for sure!"

I start to get worried "I don't get it? Is that a problem?"

"You need a guardian."

I look at her kind of befuddled "Really and ARC can't do that?"

She shakes her head "You don't want ARC to be listed as your guardian. People that want to experiment on you? If you are hurt...they can say....oh she's dead and cut her up! Instead of letting you heal maybe? I can't stop them from doing certain things."

"So who should I list?" I ask not even knowing what to do now....I am so lost.

"Donna's mine, but her having two under her name. Would be kind of stupid and out...I think? You being directly connected me, that would be bad. There's Gwen's dad but? Then your connected to the MCO. I don't know if that's a good idea? I could ask Nikki? I don't think she'd have a problem, because it would not cost her dad anything for tuition. I can't honestly think of anybody else, that's close to me. We could ask the school, but that's not proper for the school. I think I'm going to ask Nikki's dad" She gets excited.

"You really want ask Nikki's dad? I did put a sword up to her neck! He is not going to be happy with me" I add.

She sighs "I'll explain it to Nikki and go over it with her tomorrow during class. We will hack it out. I don't think like I said Gwen and MCO affiliation bad...bad....bad idea. You understand they are the boogie man to mutants right?"

"Yes I got that from Gwen...completely boogie man....yes definitely" I look at her "I don't think I'm going to have a problem with Nikki...Just Aunghadhail...I think as soon as I get out of here, me and her can work it out."

Sara pulls me closer "I talked to Aunghadhail tonight. She wants to work it out with you, she feels she owes you! So at this point, if you can just keep from wanting her dead....every second you hear that voice?"

I pull back shaking my head "I don't know? It's gonna take a bit, ITS such a deep pain. You don't understand."

She put a finger to my head "I am going to drill deeper in your head and find out what you're talking about."

I grab her a bit hard "You don't do that please! There is evil nasty stuff up there. You don't want to play with! I just don't want anything sticking on you from me and hurt you okay? I already have to deal with it, you shouldn't have to see it too."

I shake my head more "They're just some nasty, evil, bad memories up there. That no one should have. I don't think you have any clue, what I'm really talking about here."

She does not like what I said and still wants to help "Well...okay now I will leave everything up there alone for now. Later on if you keep on having problems, I will have to drill around up there. You get it! I have got to help you out somehow. You can't keep all this bottled up forever in you....okay?"

I think about what she asked to do "When we come to that bridge. We will think about crossing it then right? So what else are we going to talk about?"

She was smiling lopsidedly at me again "WELL there is Shopping!"

I pled "Please! lets not talk about shopping just yet...please! I can already feel my maleness slipping away into the nowhere. Let's give it a couple seconds before you beat it down completely to the ground."

She pouts "Okay you have a temporary reprieve for tonight! But the second you get out of this place we're going shopping! If I can get you out of here this week. We are going shopping, WE WILL pound the pavement Saturday!"

I relent "Okay soon as we can....I know....I got an idea. What about this Jobe guy?"

She just starts laughing and giggling "Jobe?....okay that is something we can talk about, that will probably piss you off a little bit?.....see" and she starts explaining to me how Jobe got Fey's DNA and made his ideal lover, basically in a Petri dish with DNA splicing. He thinks it's an elf....a dark elf. Fey doesn't agree, she thinks that they are abominations and so does Aunghadhail. Then she tells me, he accidentally stabbed himself with his own formula. Thinking he was going to save it for his ideal slave, girlfriend, next to be wife. Also he's got some fixation with Elves, pink, almond scented and flavored females.

I'm laughing at this almond scented and flavored females bit. She tells me how she "helped" him out. He thought she was going to help him to be male again and she sabotaged him. I laughed a blue streak at that.

At the same time, another guy took that DNA and was making a clone for himself. So he could put, his mind in another dark elf body. That ends badly and is now Belphoebe. Who is now his daughter. He's now the mother and the other guys complicit as the father. I'm just laughing at....ohh my. This guy is just tripping over everything. Then I am going to come to that school next week and just pop his bubble! Oh my God! I'm so going to mess with this guy and show him what a real dark elf looks like.

She stops laughing for a second "You might want to watch that. He might get really, really, attached to you. He's got a elf fixation, He's kind of demented. I think if he sees you, he's gonna have issues of some sort?"

I say evilly "Oh yes, that's only fine! I'm going to mess with this kid in major, major ways!"

I start asking Sara more on this kid "So he's got elf DNA in him? Allot? he spliced it?"

I start thinking.... "How can I mess with this kid? So....I won't get into trouble? I now got an idea!"

I look at her "You picked up some Elvin traits from Nikki didn't you with that pre-Halloween attack? When I get to the real world I want to try out something with you to see something. But first I'm going to try it on Jobe. Because if he has more DNA than I think. I'm going to be able to mess with his mind really, really bad!"

She asks me "What are you thinking of?"

"I'm not letting that cat out of the bag because. I don't want to spoil any surprises for you or I don't want you blabbing this to anyone."

She smiles "What are you after?"

"Ooh don't worry about it! The first time I see him in....probably Crystal Hall? Will probably be the best place to see him? As I don't do any lab work in the school."

She gets to giggling again "Yep you will see him in Crystal Hall within the first couple of days. He does stick out. He is trying to hide his changes, but he's not having to much success."

"OOOO I'm gonna mess with this kid and love every second of it!" I add.

For the rest of the night we continue on talking a little bit. She's with me until about five or six AM. When she says "I gotta go...get up...get a shower and get ready for class"

I get up with her, walk her the door "Well see tomorrow afternoon, when you get in!"

She says "I already talked to Donna about the about the clothes. Donna will be in tomorrow probably early afternoon at least. With some kind of supplies that she will be able to grab. You do understand you have limits because of your height and size and that you need all-natural, limits the selection. We can get more in Boston easier. She can only get so much in the smaller towns near here."

"I can understand that." I look at her questioning what she just said "No ones really said that to me? I haven't noticed that yet. I get a rash from artificial stuff or something?"

"You get a rash from polyesters, synthetics, anything like that and plastics. So don't sit down on plastic, with your bare skin! Nothing artificial, no nylons or anything like that. ONLY silk, cotton, wool and any derivative of that fabric. Spandex is a maybe if it's a well-made one....little spandex in it, but that's about it."

"Great! That really limits to me, to the expensive side of the room doesn't it!"

"YEP get used to it! she sings "I got to go."

I give her a little kiss goodbye on the cheek "That's all we are going to do...this is the last time you'll see me looking like this!"

I close the door ....off she goes and I feel her leave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday February 12 6:05 AM
ARC----my room

I pop back in my room and sit there more than sad. But lets peel this stuff off and get a shower. I thought they did not give me any extras? I assume Bill is going to bring in some more. What a minute....let ask...the stupid guards! I walk over to the door, knock on it and open it.

To see two new guards there "Hi guys...your new."

One looks at me "Do you need something?"

I pulled up a handful sweatshirt "Can you get me another set of these, so I can shower this morning and have some clean stuff to wear?"

"Sure, it's pretty easy to get cotton sweats" the guard says back.

I close the door. sat down and waited a bit. "I'm not going to do anything until I get new sweats!" Twenty minutes later, the night nurse comes in. A new one. She says "Good morning...Bill will be in about an hour or less. Here is a new set of sweats for you. I made sure that they're all cotton, so that you don't get any rashes" she walks out without even saying her name. Just being impolite or she just doesn't care.

After the nurse delivered my new sweats and put them on the bed. I walked into the bathroom took off the old ones and tossed them into the corner. I then got into the shower and started it up. I let it warm up a little bit, then jumped in.

I mumbled to myself in the shower, as the water hit me "Lets get this over with quick as possible! I know these damn cameras are in here and watching me. I am really getting sick of it.....NO! privacy!"

So I scrubbed myself down as fast as I could, washed out my hair. Everything is clean again. I walk out of the shower and do Gwen's cool "dry me" spell. That she showed me! I'm certainly in love with that one! It just helps, so immensely. After I was done I walk out of the bathroom, No toothbrush, no supplies in here. If they want to stay in here for days or who knows how long? Make it at least a bit comfortable!

I am getting a kind of cooped up feeling come over me. One more day of NOT seeing outside, sky or anything, but four concrete WALLS! Will certainly drive me nuts! More nuts then I was ever as a human for sure, from being cooped up. These humans around me don't understand this, as they get to sleep or want to sleep eight hours or more at night. I'm up ALL NIGHT, it's like a whole new day for me. I have been in here for a day and a half and it's been like Two and a half days to me!. I plod out into the main room and put my new sweats on. I get back up on the bed and sit crosslegged again. Start meditating myself to my center, bring all my memories and thoughts into order. Try to combine, coalescence them all and obtain some sort of uniformity.

About an hour into my meditating. There's a knock at the door. I open my eyes then listen for a second. That's got to be Bill! I could hear....his heart beat, it sounds different than the others.

I yell at the door "Come in Bill!"

The door opens up and he comes in. He looks at me "How did you know it was me?"

"You sound different than anybody else, your feet go flippy flop in a different kind of pattern from everybody else. Then your heart sounds just a little hair different than everybody else. Then you breathe a little bit different than everybody else. Everybody's got a fingerprint or pattern, that I can follow from their sounds and I can also tell the guards got switched out to two different ones out there now. So I guess you're here to get me breakfast? or take me to breakfast? or take me straight to a test? Because they want to start prodding me."

Bill says kinda not happy "They want me to take you to the labs first. As you haven't eaten in Twelve hours. So they wanna do blood workup, without food in ya first thing"

I joke with him "Well Dracula lead the way!"

He walks towards the door and open it for me "This way my bride!!" he says in a Dracula accent

"Okay! we're going to have fun with this today!" I walk through the open door, Before I get fully through it I say to one guard's back "HI! Jacob!"

He turns around "How did you know, it was me?"

"Don't worry about it....I just do!" I look at him while I pass by "Anyway you're the only one of the guards who wears "old spice" I could smell you though the door silly."

Jacob rolls his eyes "Okay?"

"So where are we going to guys?" I sing.

The guards say looking at each other "We don't know?"

I look at Bill "GOOD....to go dude! You kept the guards in the dark? I like that, that's good-- let's keep that up today!! The less that they know. The happier I am! So I guess, Bill is leading this party?"

We plod down the hallway with Bill in front and the guards just seem to be following to the elevator. We go up only one floor, he drags me down that hallway to a lab room. They make me sit down and they are getting ready to take blood from me.

I stop the lab tech "WAIT a minute! the ONLY person that is allowed to take blood from me is BILL!"

The lab tech say to me "I'm am the expert on this."

"I don't trust you...I don't know you and the only person that WILL take blood from me as Bill! We will do it over here and he will do it alone. I have to see everything that comes in, everything that goes out! and then we count it...OR WE DON'T DO IT!"

The lab technician says "I don't understand?"

"I'll explain it to you, if you want to?" I ask him.

"Yes please?"

"Is anyone one in here a magic user or trained in it?" I yell.

They all shake their heads.

"Okay all of you come here! I don't want to say this twice! and since NONE of you know this. Class 101 in blood magic begins...I AM A MAGE, a magic user. Blood based spells are the worst ones on the planet! You can put blood in the ingredient of a spell. As a major component and it will go on without error. To find that target, kill it and destroy it or whatever you want to do with it! It's an automatic heat seeking missile, that never gives up! Do you understand the concept of this? Okay...so your taking blood from me? This is like opening up a target on my back! I'm not stupid enough to let you take it out here, without me making sure that it's inert in that aspect from here on out! Do you understand me? and since you have taken no blood from me that I know of, since I changed. The old blood you have from me was from me as a human, is completely useless. So no worries there!...So ends the lesson...May you all learn more...AKA Read a book, Damn it!"

I look at Bill and giggle "So...Bill I hope your good enough to tap in my veins right now?"

He looks at me "I'll give it a try...I'm not the best at tapping exemplars and you certainly are one! We have these special needles for that stuff. Because you can heal so God damn fast and I know it."

I smile at him "Go on, you can't really hurt me bad. So any marks, you make will be gone a couple minutes. I'm sure, after what I did yesterday."

He gets a little more brave "Oh yeah there is nothing. I can do to really hurt you permanently now is there, after that little fiasco."

Bill starts working on getting his stuff together.

I look at Bill "When you sit down with your tray for stuff Can you make sure you sit down with everything that you need to bring. No adding anything later."

He says "Okay."

"And can you follow my step-by-step directions, the way I'd like to see this go and make it happen? We count all the needles, we count all the whatever tubes and it doesn't leave my sight once. Till I say so! If the numbers are off...no one leaves the room."

"Okay I understand why you're being so strict. I get that."

Bill does all his counts for me and I watch. I trust him. But I still want to watch and verify all of it in my own mind. He draws all the blood, he keeps all of it in a plastic tray. So I can see it.

Bill looks at his samples..."You call this blood?"

"I guess ya...never thought of it before now. As when any was coming out of me. It was in a fight for my life...so...I did not really care what it looked like. Nice color though."

"BUT ITS SILVER! and has all kinds of weird colors running through it!" he looks at the tubes.

"SO? I am a elf, a Drow. You ever take samples from one before?" I jest him.

He just keeps going...after shaking his head. I laugh at him and his confusion.

When a technician tries to interrupt us. I tell him to go away immediately! As he gets done "That....looks like the last bit that they need" bill says to me.

"Good...fine, give me a minute here" I run through my memory, looking for the information. I find what I need. I form up a spell out of my inner essence and drop it over the tray. Then let it settle in and I verify it worked with another spell. Now the samples are all inert, for spell casting of any kind.

I breath slowly "Okay....everything's good."

Bill asks "What was that for?"

I replied to him "Its just a spell to nullify it. So that it's just a blood sample. All that can be in there is DNA. Now there is nothing in it, that a mage could use as a spell component to figure out where I'm at and what I'm doing. OR HURT ME or any of that stuff. They can do anything test wise with that, it's just nothing to a mage now. I gotta be careful."

I get up from the chair and then a guy says "One last thing" and hands me a plastic cup.

"Your kidding? really? I sass.

"AHHH nope" he goes.

"Bathrooms...silly...where is it?" I ask in a bad mood.

"Over there" he points.

I go in there and give him his little sample. Do the same spell thing and hand it to him "Good luck with that! I'm sure you will have fun"

We walk out of that room and I ask Bill "Is this the whole lab section?"

"Yes this is the intake section for the hospital section, for the whole complex underneath of us. Of courses there are the hospital rooms that you're in and it gets more secure the more you go down" Bill tells me as he opens the next door to a testing chamber "Next thing is going to be a CAT scan"

"CAT scan?" I ask not even knowing what he is talking about.

He laughs "I keep forgetting your thirty years out of date and it might've just been emerging technology when you were last around. It's a scan, basically consider it an x-ray and it takes slices out of the body the other direction. This one is quite a fast one. So you should only be in there about five or ten minutes."

We walk into the room and technician says "Hello, we are not going to do a standard check. What we are going to do is an intensive CAT scan on you this will take Forty-five minutes"

Bill questions him "Forty-five minutes for a CAT scan....here? that's not normal."

"Intensive...is the imaging they ordered. They want to make sure to get everything in this lady right the first time around. If you're ready? I'll just lead you into the chamber we'll get you going. He leads me in to the room with a large machine with a sort of bed going into it. "Please get on the bed, that goes into the tube" he asks... "Could you remain perfectly still for Forty-five minutes? The more still you are, the quicker I can go."

I say back "If you want me to I can remain absolutely still, completely, not even breath. If that's what you'd like?"

"You can breathe" he says laughing.

"If you want I can hold my breath for two hours....if you need me to?" I say back.

He looks at me "You can hold your breath for two hours?....Okay that'll help out a lot today!" and he lays me out in the way he wants me to be, on the beds tray "You comfortable?"

I nod, stop breathing and moving....I find it kind of relaxing. So he runs in his little booth. Off the machine goes for the next 45 minutes cycling through, I come out..."Perfect scan! That's what we need, you being so still is just great!"

I start breathing again then look at him "Next time you want me to stop my hearts for about five minutes? If you need me to??"

"I don't think we need you to do that! It's a bit drastic?" I get up and we start walking out of there.

"Where to next?" I ask.

"MRI system...another version of that stupid thing you just" Bill says kinda upset.

I get real quiet "Why did they not just put it all together in one machine?"

"They kind of interfere with each other. But I'm not an expert on imaging. I just use it as a tool. I'm a nurse not a doctor!"

Then he does the joke "I'm a nurse not a Doctor....Jim."

Ohh the pun fallout! "As long as you don't say over me "she's dead...Jim" or
I'm really going to smack you."

"Okay...okay!" he jumps back playing.

I look at him "You really do want to feel my Vulcan nerve pinch do you?" as I stalk towards him, arm out.

He looks at me while we walk to the next room "You probably would know something like that.....That actually works?"

I think on it for a while "I can think of a couple ways it would do it. Actually three....two are fatal...one will stun and paralyze you. If I use it wrong, it will paralyze you forever. But whatever you like!" I mock, going for him again.

He keeps walking and asks "Can you teach me that?"

I look down a bit embarrassed "That's the problem. Teaching someone that move requires a live body. Do you really want to experiment on people and get it wrong?"

"I see your point" he stops "How did you learn how to do it...then? If you didn't kill people?"

I stop "Well at first you use magical constructs, that simulate a body."

He pressures me "I hear....a BUT in that sentence?"

I sigh, getting really embarrassed "Then you move on to prisoners and people that are on death row. Using it on them as practice."

He looks at me, wide-eyed..."You?"

I nod, not looking at him "Yes...I did...My schooling wasn't exactly, all fluffy bunnies, unicorns and rainbows. That I went to learn how to fight in. Not like Pendleton or the Sandbar...Camp Lejeune that you learned at."

Bill looks at me "I guess you using the Sandbar. Tells me yet you definitely did have family that was Marines or you have been around enough of them. That's not a common term for a civi to use."

I think to myself "Thank the elder gods, he changed the subject....it was getting me down."

We keep walking to the next machines room...this technician says "First of all...first step! I need to know if you have any metal on you? Then I lay you on the bed."

I look at him and repeat almost like the last time..."Lay me on the bed. Stay really still for some minutes. How long do I need to stay still for?"

He says kind mad for interrupting him "It's an hour."

He lays me out on the bed then positions me where he wants "Last question?"

"Yes?" I am getting more than mad.

"You are sure you don't have any metal on you?"

"Not on me" I laugh.

Bill chuckles at that one...realizing what I meant.

This machine does the same thing like the last one, just louder! I lay there for an hour. It does its scans, back and forth, back and forth. I'm getting to the point where you fall asleep on this dumb thing, its so boring.
Then we walk out of there after an hour of fun and giggles. Down the hallway and we do the standard x-rays.

Then we go to an ophthalmologist guy who looks at my eyes of course and starts flashing to many bright lights.

I yell at him "That's enough of that!...Your you're done with that! You put too many bright lights in my eyes!"

He started to argue with me "I got, like five more tests to go."

"You're done for the day! You got what you can...I am done with this!"

So they bring in a new guy to test in my vision out again. As the ophthalmologist was only seeing certain stuff and I stopped him halfway through it. This new ophthalmologist tests what my eyes do and see which is a lot easier on me. In a half an hour of testing my eyes and basically going through every test they got.
The lab technician says to me "You are definitely going to be in one for the books. We've never had any one that can see like you can. You see stuff at two miles plus. Like I would see at 10 feet! That is just amazing, the detail you can see! We would have to take you outside to be really fully tested. We can only do so much in this lab. I'm guessing it, at two miles and you obviously can see in the dark. Also it looks like you, can use about ten different wavelengths of light and thermal to see on top of the rest."

Bill then takes me to the hearing specialists....He brings me to the soundproof booth and says "Have you ever done a hearing test in your life?"

"Yes" I say "As a kid."

"This is the same thing..this booth is On hundred percent, completely soundproof and we don't put headphones on you. The speakers are buried in the foam of the walls. We cycle through different sounds and placements. What we have way different here is...you see this panel square on the desk. Just put your finger in the middle of it and you tell us where you think the sound is coming from. It circles all around and up-and-down of course. On the other pad is up and down height only."

He does a demonstration on how to do both at the same time. He starts out in the middle ranges and I figure out where everything is at an pretty much nail in it down exactly every time.

I stop him for a second "How many speakers are in this room?"

"Just under One thousand..." he says.

"That's pretty good. They must be awfully small. I'd like to see one. Because, at one time, my little hobbies was with sound" I tell them.

"I don't have one to display, but you can bring it up on the net."

"There it is! That NET! again, I gotta get on that thing." I hiss.

He starts running through higher and higher tones, then lower ones. Then ones that are out of human hearing range. Finally he starts getting into tones that are actually give me a little headache because my ears being so sensitive in that direction of tone.

"I think that we are going to have to stop. Your starting to really bug me with that" I tell the tech.

"I would like to keep going, if you can stand it" he asks me.

"I will give you a couple more minutes. But lets not venture too far away from where we're already at" I say kind of fed-up.

So he continues on with switching between high and low frequencies to give me breaks. We get to the point with the higher frequencies and they really start to rattle my teeth.

I said "That's enough Guy, we're done."

He said "Okay we will stop with that section of testing. One thing we want to test for is your recent affinity. Is your ability for hearing the smallest sounds. I'm going to start out with stuff that you shouldn't be hearing. He then runs it down and down and down to micro sounds like a bug crawling on all kinds stuff. I'm more than Ninety percent of the time, I'm nailing it exactly where it's coming from and what even I think the sound is.

After an hour of that madness and pain. We get out of that one.
It is getting to be about lunch in my mind and I have not had breakfast yet!

I look at Bill as we walk "Dude it's gotta be like noon?"

"Its is getting close to that, just after Eleven" he says.

"We need to eat! I grumble.

"That would be good idea taking a break now. The next test is the infamous Xavier test" he reported.

"Xavier test? What's that? I question

"It gives you the bracket and range of your mutant abilities" he says that air quotes thing "and it figures out how fast, strong, you are and what your basic skills are."

"Okay....but we GO EAT FIRST!" I yell at him, joking.

We go back down the hallway and go back to that same elevator and that one floor down and we go to into the break room.

"We are going to eat in the break room again! Can't we eat at a cafeteria? If you have one here?"

"Oh we have a fine cafeteria! We have a great one here! Unfortunately you're still in the secured area. They will not let you up there."

"Are you sure man?...What if I promise. I'll be okay! I won't run from ya...for me?" I start to whine.

Bill looks at me "Your word means something to me! I'm sure Dr. Otto believes in your word that you will not run. The guys who run this place over him...Don't care."

I am starting to get mad again. That whiney feeling I "just" had is losing to rage quick!..."I really don't like that idea and someone doesn't care what I have to say as my word! That's not really sitting with me well. I need to start seeing some trust from you guys. I have two guards on me all the time. I don't like being walked around all the time" I stop in the hall.

"I have not seen outside! I'm starting to get a super cooped up feeling.
....you don't.
....you guys.
.....just can't understand it!" I stutter out.

"Every hour in here, to me is like a day or two to you probably. Being cooped up in a hole in the ground. So can you understand that were getting on hour Twenty-four plus here since I changed! It can be likened to me being down here for over a month!.....YOU really don't understand?"

I look at Bill and I'm going past whining and complaining as I talk...I get tearful. "There is not even a FUCKING tree in here or FUCKING plants. Nothing ALIVE live in here! In this concrete FUCKING box! Your driving me...crazy guys! ALL I HAVE TO WEAR is these sweats! I can't exercise! I can't read!"

Bill grabs me on the shoulder "I understand....it's okay, I'm not in control. I would rather have you run outside and do what you want to. Then come back in a week or two. For maybe a half days testing. But...that's me. These guys do whatever they want and I'm sure some of the upper echelon of people are really not happy about that box disappearing. But that's not my problem. I understand what you did. It was yours obviously, it wasn't theirs. So lets just go in here and eat what we can and we will go from there?"

I stood there thinking on what he said....then I asked "I want to know something?"

"What is that?" he asks back.

"In what you just said. That part on the upper echelon not being happy. Is that opinion or you heard it.? Remember, I can tell if your lying to me" and I backed up a step to get a good look at him.

He then said "Its my opinion only" he told the truth. But fear leaked off him.

"Okay...so lets eat" I then leaned into him...and whispered "Never let me see fear on you again please...I will not ever hurt you."

We walked into the breakroom and I got some food together from the large fridge. Sat down and start eating.

A tall good-looking blonde girl comes walking into the break room and she's got half a dozen shopping bags with her. I'm looking at her and I stop eating for a second. I close my eyes to concentrate. I get her smell out of the air. l look her over. This must be Donna!

I can smell Sara on her and my eyes popped open!.... "OH-SHIT! " I screech.

Bill goes "WHAT!?" startled at me.

"AHHH NO I am not going to say anything."

"What! Bill asks again.

"I am going to keep this one to my self...Bill...this is a private one" I stutter out.

I look at Donna....'Wooof I think about it...Donna's got Sara's kid in her...OH MY GOD! I wonder if any of these idiots know that?...I know...Donna should know.' I look at her, as she sets the bags down and is about to say something.

"I'm looking...."she starts to say.

"You must be Donna?" I interrupt her.

"How do you know?" she asks.

"I can smell just a hint of Sara, on you."

A look of shock, covers her face "I read your files. They did say that your senses were just acute, razor sharp and that just proved it. I haven't been around Sara for a week or so."

I think to myself, then sniff "Nine days maybe?"

She giggles "That's about right...wow...you are good...anything else?"

"No nothing" I say as I stop myself from giggling.

"Well I'm going to assume your..." and she starts walking towards me with her hand out. So I stand up "Your Rohanna? she asks.

"Yep...that's correct!" I say, as I shake her hand.

"Well Sara set me out to make sure to get some shopping done for you. Because it looked like, no one else here at ARC was gonna do it for you. Its not like we have elves on staff here, because they are so rare. But I picked up everything I thought you could use, since we had your measurements."

"Oh yeah, Sara did my measurements last night" I say.

She looks at me and giggles "Sara did your measurements last night with you? With a tape measure?"

"Yes" I say wondering what's wrong.

"She knows, she did not need to do that."

I say "What!" more than surprised.

"Sara did not need to measure you with a tape measure, it's on the computer. When you stopped with your burnout, they did measurements with the scanners. They know your shoe size down to the millimeter."

"Really?....okay? So she did not need to do the whole thing with that tape measure and she knew she didn't have to? Really? That's an interesting little bit of information. I'm going to use later on" I mused.

So Donna grabs up all the bags "Lets get you into your room for a while and get you out of them silly looking sweats!"

"OKAY" I say loud.

Then Bill pops the fun bubble, just as I was starting to feel a bit normal "We only got about ten or twenty minutes here...I might be able to sneak ya a half an hour? Beyond that, they are going to start screaming. They want to get the last parts of your testing done."

"Okay...Bill..." I sigh "I know that other people are pressuring you and you don't have a choice in the matter. So let's go with Donna here to my room and see what she's got for me."

Donna gives Bill the "eye"...."He is not coming along! This is girl stuff! We don't need him."

So we walk off to the my room. She puts everything on my bed and starts pulling stuff out "Well first of all! Let's get all this junk off of you!" she says, as she grabs a handful of sweats.

I strip off the sweats and toss them in the corner. After they lay in the corner for a second. I say "no...no...no...no" and I go pick them up "I will keep these for a while at least they somewhat fit, warm and I know that they're good enough."

She looks me over "You know...now that, I'm looking at you alone in the room. For an elf, you certainly are tall....six foot? From what I've seen of elves in the school on and off five foot four or five is about the tallest I've seen. I think there's one that's a five foot six?...You...are going to be a giant among them, at school. I'm pretty sure your not even fully grown yet!" she starts tossing even more stuff on the bed.

"You might pack on another couple inches! who knows?" she says to me, as I look over what is hitting the bed.

I say to her "I genuinely think, I might be putting on at least another three inches?"

"OHH my you get to six foot two or three? You might have a definite problem finding clothes at that point. You'll probably end up in the custom size stuff."

"I already know that. I have to wear all natural cotton, silks and wools and stuff. Which already means that everything that's made out of cheap polyester, is out of the book! So I know I am going to be spending a lot more money for clothes than anybody else does" I say thinking 'man I need cash'

She looks me "Yeah I don't have a lot of experience for shopping for elves, but yes! You are going to have a time finding clothes. So first things first, Your all undressed lets get you" and she pulls out panties all silk.

I look at her like, she has gone crazy "HOT PINK!....really?" I screech out.

She laughs "Okay!...that's just me being evil! There is white and black in here. Black on you just going to blend on you like...no good. I think your colors are going to be a blue or purple eventually. Pink will just stand out like a neon sign on you! But whatever you want."

"I'll just take...the black ones for now." I sigh.

"Lets not put you in a bra yet" as she digs in a bag more.

I ask "Why?"

"You will do the Xavier test next. That's a lot of athletic running and I did find you a sports top that was cotton it has a little the spandex in it. But I don't think it will bother you" She pulled it out of the bag and handed it to me.

I rubbed it against my skin, to make sure.

"Okay that one is fine" I start to put that one on and get it fitted on. I had to stretch and pull that monster into position "That took a quit a bit of effort!"

"Sports tops are tight, to keep everything in place....and your not exactly small up top!"

I step in the panties and pulled them up and slide them up..."That's a nice feeling. I like that, those are good! Way better than those scratchy sweats."

"Just know....that the store, that they came from is pretty decent one. We can get better ones in Boston and stuff. That you're going to want. Then, I got you some cotton yoga pants to wear." she pulls out, some sort of pants from the bag.

"These are more formfitting, than the sweats you had on before. So you will look better in them, less baggy. Since I didn't have a vast selection here's a cotton T-shirt that should be good to" She pulls out a blue T-shirt and hands it to me.

"That's going to look good on you. The colors match with that darker blue bottoms and here's cotton socks."

"You call these socks? I call them booties" I say, as I pick them up.

"They're girls socks! Okay? You want athletic socks? I had a problem finding those in all cotton here, without a lot of spandex. So, these are the best I could find and here's two pairs of shoes. These are cross trainers, will work for ya."

"Cross trainers? You mean sneakers?"

"They are called cross trainers now" she looks at me "I know you've been out of it for thirty years."

"Who brought you up to speed?"

"I work here...I read your file...I can read any file I want."

"That's good to know...you work here and your Sara's friend. At least I kinda have someone to contact with when Sara is not here" I start to pull on the pants and stand up.

She says "Yes you do!" with a surprise hug and I jump back at it for a split second. I almost thought to shove her OFF, but I let it happen and she leaned into my ear.

"I know the rooms bugged. I am trying to get close as I can to ya. If you have any problems just try to get in contact with me and I'll call Sara."

She hugs real close now "Just to let you know they are going to try to keep you here, for a lot longer than you want and they will start using excuses. Coming up really soon."

I sigh "That just great! I didn't want to hear that. So what am I gonna do now?"

I let go of her. I turn around, then cross the room. I fold my arms across me. I'm just thinking about this new stab to the back and I'm getting MADDER by the second.

She comes over and taps me on the shoulder "You have got to calm down. I can already see that your getting anxious."

I turn to look at her and she hops back a little bit.....I say "What?!" in my surprise.

She still stays back from me "I read your file. When you're losing your cool.... You're really obvious....When you lose your cool."

"The eye thing again?"....'man I need to get control over that.' I think to myself

"Yeah...your just starting to show little tinge in there. From what I read in the files and saw a couple videotapes I snuck .....It's not best to be standing right next to you, when you are starting to look like that" and I noted that she is no where near me.

I calm myself a little bit and walk up to her "Your Sara's friend! I'm not going to hurt you! Don't worry about that EVER! Just because Sara trusts you....I automatically give you my trust. So don't worry about it....EVER!"

She calms down, now...."Okay."

I go and sit down on the bed. Get the socks on pulled on, the sneakers "That's a good fit." I say, as I stand and flex in them.

Donna says "The computer gave me a good measurement and I compared them with the manufacturers database. So we get to have speakers that fit. I can also send your measurements out to a couple Pro shops in the area and get you some basic stuff made."

I look over to her "Well that's gonna cost quite a bit of money?" I sit, to adjust the shoes a bit.

"Well I am going to do it at my office, send that off and get you at least three to four days of the school uniforms made up. Do you prefer the skirts or pants?"

"Do both...." I say "Because once I get to school. I will figure out a way not to worry about money problems."

Donna glances at me "You don't have any money." She says like its a fact!

I laugh and say "Not that you know of?....Not that they know of?"

"Ohh that's true. We don't know everything? Do we?" she jokes.

"NO you don't" I giggle back to her.

I stand up and Donna spins about me to look me over.... "NOW I know why Sara is getting hot over ya...WOW those pants sure show off your BUTT!....good!"

As Donna talks to me about what school uniforms to get. Bill knocks on the door and comes in "Ro?....They want at the next test, are you ready to go?"

So I grab the tee-shirt.....and we leave my room yet again. But this time I catch Bill "looking" at me in the elevator.

I decide to mess with him...."Like what ya see?.....The eyes are up here!" and I point at my face.

Donna just giggles out...."Caught! big time!"

Poor Bill turns about five different shades of red. I then turn to the guards and I glare at them --"If you keep starring at my ass...I am going to kick yours!"....I let that sit for a minute, then laugh at them to keep them cool.

We go up two levels and we walk into a room. These guys don't look like regular just lab technicians. These guys look more like specialty people? The first one walks up to me an Asian gentleman "I am Dr. Jones...we are going to be performing the Xavier test on you. Which gives us a base. To see what your mutation is giving you. What power sets, skill levels and everything."

"I am fine so far."

"Okay basically what your going to do is. It's a mind game kind of thing. You run a track, we throw stuff at you, we keep score, you keep your mind up and active while your doing stuff at the same time. Multi-skills, Test all at the same time. Just try to remember, that nothing in this room is fatal. It may knock you around or bruise you. But it will not kill you Okay? As I've been told how jumpy you can get."

Jones leads me into a room This is your first test area. The treadmill and after this will do strength tests agility. In your case probably regeneration and anything else this leads us to?"

"Okay" I say.

"So what's my thing?" I ask.

"You run on this treadmill. Its going to increase in speed to a certain point. It will do endurance and speed tests on you. But the first part is us testing a little bit of your agility. It also does an incline, to see how good you are going up them at speed."

"Okay....it's a regular treadmill surface? I ask "You do understand that if it was like a tree or something like that. I can climb it over vertical for sure! But it being an artificial surface. I can't get more traction on it than normal, especially with these shoes on. That I'm not used to."

"I will take that into account and consider what your saying that a tree has more natural gripping surface than a concrete wall for you? We will take this test as a neutral testing ground for you."

"All right" I hop on it starts out about Ten to fifteen miles an hour then the incline starts coming on and it starting to get up to ten to twenty degrees then Twenty-five degrees. My endurance is standing up pretty good! Even though I just freshly changed a day or so ago to an Drow.

Then! tennis balls flying out of the wall at me once in a while. I'm easily seeing them. I feel the air change, as they come into the room. Time seems to slow down for a couple of them, that even get close.

As I'm going, the feeling that something is wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it and just as it feeling hits me....an iron ball comes crashing from the wall! I jump out of its way.

When I get up...I am HOWLING mad cursing in Drow.

" dos vith'ez estrua xun dos ssinssrin ulu elgg uns'aa ji dos shlu'ta harventh uns'aa phor "
(you fucking idiots do you want to kill me...so you can cut me up)

"ph'dos vigh ulu kl'ae inthuul vholk pholor uns'aa xuat dos zhaun ol shlu'ta elgg uns'aa"
(are you mad to use cold iron on me....don't you know it can kill me)

Bill knows the test and he was staying silent. So as not to mess with the results. Donna does too.

Me not knowing the test I AM MAD. I get up and I go look at the iron ball. As I walk to the other end of the room towards the ball and my eyes are just burning red at this point! I'm smelling that iron ball...and yep...its true cold iron...the worst! I walk away from it towards the rooms main door.

Dr. Jones behind the window, he asks me"The test will continue as soon as you get back on the treadmill?" I just stare at them.

Bill looks at the door closed between me and them, he is checking its locked. I know its still locked.

Bill says "Dr. Jones...DO NOT...open the door, she's absolutely furious and it's obvious!"

"I noticed the glow in her eyes" Jones says.

Bill squeaks "She's not happy with someone in this room right now!"

Bill clicks on the speaker "Rohanna could ya calm down a bit? They didn't mean to hurt you or anything?"

I am staring at the door and I already thought of a way to rip it open.

"Rohanna? Are you hearing me? Can you say something? This was just part of the test...its normal...I knew it was coming."

My eyes fiercely stare at the mirrored window in the wall....right where....I know they are at "Jones have you ever tested an elf before?" I ask, with a small growl.

He says "No we haven't tested one out...they are quite rare still."

"Did you understand what an elf is? What it does? and what its weaknesses? Then what its, assets are?"

"I read the reports and notes on them."

"AND! Yet you still launched an iron ball at my head!" I scream!

Donna guessed...the first one in the room, to get it. "You did! launch an iron ball at her head....are you?" and she looks at Jones "Are you FUCKING insane...an iron ball at an elf's head? Why don't you use an artillery shell, while you're at it!"

Dr. Jones takes a few seconds to think about it. He then says to the speaker that goes to me "You have a vulnerability iron don't you? I forgot all about it. The iron ball is a standard test. Because it's got weight to it, most people don't expect it."

I walk back over the iron ball hanging from the ceiling. Just to prove a point and I know this example is going to hurt like hell! I put my hand on it! My hand just sizzles, smokes and they can hear it the room.

Bill YELLS "STOP! that already....SHIT! you don't have to do that!"
I pulled away...the skin...my skin...was still on the ball and he was at the door. He runs in there with the medical kit in his hand "GOD damn....it! Did you have to do that, to prove a point!"

"Well now....They know it may have hurt me, But now they're going to know that for sure with no doubt!"

Bill looks at me as he's walking me back into the room "Your freaking insane...You want to hurt yourself to prove a point!" and he walks over to the table, sits me down. Starts treating my hand by spraying antiseptic on it and wrapping it.

Bill looks at Jones "I think we are going to stop the test today."

I yell "NO WE ARE NOT! We are going to get it all done today and I want him to remember what he saw...I want him to go in there and look at it! So he knows what he did and I want that guilt burning really nice and deep! That he could have killed me with that damn thing maybe or least injured me more severely than what was going on now! By the way get that thing out of there. I don't want that thing in the room with me... If we are going to continue the test. It will take about ten minutes, I figure to get that thing out of there."

And as I sit there Bill treats my hand. My healing starts to kick in, for what it can against a cold iron wound. Jones gets the ball removed from the room at my request. After ten minutes, my hand has healed up pretty good. So I go out continue on with the test and we can go from there.

Dr. Jones says to me as I enter the room again "I'll make sure that there's no more little more goof-ups like this from here on out."

"You better make sure! Because of anything else, like this happens again. I'm taking it out on you...not myself...Is that understood?" I warned.

"I fully understand and I expect that at this point if. I slip up. I should pay the price from here on out" he says back to me.

"Good, someone that is willing to take responsibility! Your a rare bird."

We continue the tests...with speed and agility and dodging a couple of other things.

"Any results yet?" I ask, as I come out.

"We wait for the computer model till the end because one result, actually influences a secondary result and so on and so on. Not everything is a straight line thing in testing this." he explained to me.

"Okay...I can understand that"...That makes perfect sense to me, as I compared it to what I know.

Weightlifting is next,as we get heavier and heavier weights. It looks like my max is about Tow thousand-ish pounds off the ground. My speed is near Forty-five mph, running full tilt.

The next thing they do is smell test and the end result is that they tell me. Pretty much my nose, is probably Fifty times better than a dog's...the best dog that they have in the lab.

They only have to have the most minuscule speck of anything for me to get a sent off of it. I can't figure out what some of it is? As I never smelled it before.

In one room, they put me through a test for agility, balance and I nailing their balance tests all over the place. It is driving them insane, trying to figure out something else and test me on it till I fail. One was, they had me walk up a spinning pole. That gets more narrow, as you get to the top at an incline. I pretty much walk-up it, with my eyes shut and stand on the tip. Kinda letting it twirl under my foot. Then they have me jump from pole to pole. Skinnier and skinnier sticks as we go. At the end I'm more worried about the pole, actually taking the impact from my full weight and snap. Or going through the bottom of my shoes, as opposed to me balancing on it.

I stop them, and state "It's getting on about to three o'clock now. I'm taking a break. I'm expecting Sara to come in and I'm not going to be testing with you guys all damn day! You have done quite enough for the days run. Six plus hours of this and I'm taking a break" I go with Bill down back down to my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile... as I'm doing all my tests.

Sara's at school going to her classes. She goes in one of her magic class, that she has with Nikki.

Sara pulls, Nikki aside "Can we talk about something? While we are pretending to be doing school work?"

"Sure....for you and no one is going to be listening to us." First Sara thanks her again for covering her for that the homework assignment. Sara then pulls her aside to the more nosy end of the classroom.

"Nikki? I have a favor to ask of you and this is going to be one of the....really deep oh shit.....'IOU' favors. Plus it's going to be one for Rohanna!"

A stunned look, covers her face "Okay that does not sound good. But I'm listening" Sara taps on Nikki's head "Aunghadhail you wake in there?"

Nikki laughs "Yes she's awake silly and oh by the way. My head is not the door that you knock on, to get her attention."

"We have a problem with Rohanna. It's kind of a minor one and a big one at the same time."

Nikki asks "Okay what is it?"

"Ahh we are going to be filling out the paperwork for her to come to Whateley today. I am going to see if, I can get it turned in tomorrow. So that she can be here maybe Friday? I might even see if, I can get it turned in tonight and rush it through. So she's here Wednesday maybe Thursday the latest!"

"But....ahh? The biggest problem is, she needs a guardian to sign her in. I can't do it...you can't do it. They are going to list her for sure as a fifteen year-old. As that's what, she looks like. She doesn't have a past or history to go off. None that she is going to let out. None that anyone's going to believe number two."

She quotes, what Rohanna would say.
"Ohh ya I appeared on a box in the middle of nowhere, over thirty years after the fact I've been listed for dead for well over three decades. Here I am again and oh by the way I AM A ELF! No one would believe it!" Sara says sarcastically.

"I thought about using Donna again? But that means Rohanna will be attached to my name. I don't think it's such a great idea considering what happened on Halloween. To have her immediately Ore hundred percent, attached to my name and with these people that are gunning for me. To have them go after her, from the get go and on day one! So let's put that aside and I thought about Gwen. Then Gwen's dad is MCO, which means she gets that stigma stacked on her. Under the MCO bogeyman and she doesn't need that! Even Gwen is having problems with it once in a while? I would hate to see someone trying to aggravate Rohanna, with the same stuff that Gwen has been going through. Gwen deals with it with illusions and trickery. Rohanna will be more like stabbing people and punching people. We do not want a body count! Then I thought about one thing, it only kinda makes sense and it is going to start developing this way if more Elves are popping up. That need help, that are in trouble, that don't have family."

Nikki looks at Sara....gets a squint in her eye "I don't like where this is leading. This is not sounding good."

Sara looks at her "You have to accept that....everybody's already considering your. The Queen. So this might end up being a part of your leadership role. You're not adult yet. But guess what? I think we are going to volunteer your dad, to sign off on the guardianship for Rohanna and see how that works out."

She is taken back, at the thoughts "I gotta to convince my dad, that he's going to formally adopt an ELF and one that he has never met? That just popped into existence not even a week ago? WOW!....and get all done in a day! The paperwork is not going to be a problem being considering his position. He can sign off stuff remotely, down to building a battleship for Christ sake. But....I have to convince my dad to adopt an elf?"

Sara peeps in "I already know which pitch to use on him. You're the Queen! Aunghadhail's a Queen! It's time to start taking some Royal responsibilities ...literally... In the family until you turn Eighteen and this is going to be the first step among many. He's just going to have to start getting used to that idea! That all came with you changing and he is going to have to start accepting it.
The only thing for sure is, that he for sure will not get hung monetarily for anything. As ARC is going to pick up the bill! Which I'm sure they will. Looking at getting their hands back on Rohanna and test her for more stuff. Considering she's an anomaly! An anomaly at best...a separate species from you altogether! And add everything else, that they will want to try to pry out of her. Or....the school will give her a scholarship for the same things, with Sir Wallace sticking a knife in their back to get it through. Because I'm sure he's probably very willing to do that right now!"

"Not to mention" Sara says "I think Rohanna, after she gets rolling in the school. She is going to be doing a lot of tutoring!! for a lot of students. You get tens of thousands of years of expertise, wrapped up in that body! Be ashamed not to use it! "

"Okay...so I gotta call my dad and tell him all that stuff?" Nikki whines a bit.

"YEP!" Sara says "I suggest we do it at lunch!"

Nikki sighs out "WOW you don't give a girl a chance do you? to even think about anything? You just want it like, a couple hours from now?"

"I gotta do the paperwork with her this afternoon! I gotta to put someone's name down! or she's going to get stuck in that hole"

As she says that, Aunghadhail comes in "YES Sara....I know. She is going to get stuck in that hole in the ground and she is going to go crazy. We can not have that! If she stays in there a week. I figure by then, she will go insane and tear her way out of there. They are going to have to sedate her somehow? Which I do not see really easily happening, with an elf of her caliber and if they can not sedate her. They would have to just out right kill her. So I think you are right. We have to get her out of there immediately. As she is already feeling the strain, with one day...it looks like."

Sara says sadly "You don't know the half of it. She's cooped up in there and they're not letting her have access to books or Internet or anything to get her mind off of being in there. She was exercising in the room, using the bed as a deadweight to lift up. She does not have enough room to walk around in there. They are treating her like a prisoner. There's not a lot of trust developing there on her aspect, she's not trusting in them at all and they're not trusting her. So that they are becoming more fast enemies, than friends. Dr. Otto's is not listening to me, when I said. He's gotta start giving trust....or its going to start getting worse and worse every minute."

Aunghadhail adds in "I will convince Nikki's father to do this. It needs to get done, I think he will understand that."

Sara says to both "Nikki and Aunghadhail? I think it would be good idea and I know you're not going to like this. I think you have to tell your dad, what Rohanna did the first second you guys, kinda met just so that's out. Because Rohanna is going to blurt it out eventually. Might as well get it done now and not worry about it."

"Okay..." Nikki says, flatly, while she is thinking on what to tell dad? "See ya at crystal hall at lunch? Or should we do it in a room?"

"This is a private conversation. We should do it in my room. So meet me there, soon as you can Okay?"

Sara walks, back to her study area.

Come lunchtime Sara meets Nikki in the room. They close the door and lock it. Sara activates the secondary privacy Ward to make sure no one will hear. Nikki pulls out her phone then calls at her dad. The phone rings, on comes her dad "Hi honey...I can tell its you by the phone."

"Oooops I have some stuff to ask you. Just so ya know Sara is in the room with me and I have you on speakerphone so we can both hear and I have a problem."

"Is it an oooops problem like, I gotta send you money. Or oooops problem something's bad and I really, really need to hear about it. Or is it a new type of oooops problem" he asks, in voice only a father has.

"Daddy its a new kinda oooops problem" Nikki says, rather sheepishly.

He sighs "Okay is it good news or bad news?"

Sara says "Honestly Mr. Reilly its kinda in the middle news."

"Nikki....honey what is it?"

"Dad I have a favor to ask from you for a friend, that really needs it. It's really important to me and Aunghadhail. Especially more important to Aunghadhail right now."

He says "What is it?"

"A new elf popped up here, a couple days ago."

"Okay? she's not in trouble is she?"

"No...not really."

Mr. Reilly can feel the BUT coming in the sentence "So what is it....Nikki?"

"Ahh ya dad, she needs a guardian to sign for her. We can't figure out anyone else to do it for her. Because she has no family. So she can come to the school."

"So let me jump ahead of you. You want me to sign for a guardianship on a kid that I've never met?"

"Daddy that's basically it."

"WOW!" he sighs.

Then Aunghadhail takes over Nikki "Mr. Reilly?"

He can hear the change in her voice... "Yes Aunghadhail?"

"You know your daughter is pretty much destined to be the future Queen of the elves and its race right?"

"Yes I do....I don't really get it? But it looks like it is happening."

"And with that....it can carry some responsibilities and since she's not Eighteen yet. She can not take the responsibilities of being an adult in matters like this, that are legal in the human world. In our world, she would already have these responsibilities or have them been bestowed on her and she would have made decrees like this. To affect others, even at a young age of ten to thirteen. She Would be making these decisions already. So unfortunately you, have to accept the burden. I hope you do it...in her name for the next couple years. Until she will start doing them herself.

Inside of the specific elf were talking about. Is what can be best described. As a spirit...with a definite connection to one that served me and my kind before the Sundering. This elf I definitely owe a debt to. A heavy one at that and that is the only way I can say this. I owe her an incredibly heavy debt and this would just be one small part of repaying the debt. So if you can kindly...please...I am pleading with you to except this."

On his end of the phone Mr. Reilly is thinking the Queen is actually begging and pleading with me. She is usually commanding, this must be quite a debt.

Mr. Reilly Says "Aunghadhail this must be quite heavy debt on you. That you would be asking me in that manner. You've never said that to me before now. So since your taking care of my daughter there....when I can't be there. I'll sign off on this paperwork. I don't see a problem in it. Like you said in a couple years she will be able except the burden legally upon her self and will work it from there. If there's others in need. I guess this is can be part of my responsibility for having a daughter that changed."

Nikki takes over "Daddy?"

"Yes honey"

I have also one other thing...daddy....that's kind of like a little bit of bad news. But don't be mad..."

"Okay what is it?" Mr. Reilly said '...thinks...ohh here it comes!'

"When she changed..how can I put this?" Nikki gets sheepish.

Sara interrupts Nikki as...Nikki is going to mess this up.."Mr. Reilly? Let me do this, because I think she's got a little bit more of an emotional attachment to this. Than she should right now."...Sara pauses in thought.

"That elf has a history with Aunghadhail, understand?"

"Okay" he says...'Here it is...Should I put a pillow on my desk, to protect my head when I bang it?'

"It's not a good one. But Aunghadhail still owes her. Because of what she did back then to the elf. I know this doesn't make any sense to you now...okay? But she treated the elf kind of badly and she's. How can I say this to you? And not make it worse sounding than it is...heck...Aunghadhail and her exuberance to find out what was happening to this human. She was...a human...a male at first."

Mr. Reilly says "Okay?"

"The human had. Kind of had spells woven over him, when they found him. She kinda set them off in a bad way. Which caused him a lot of pain during his burnout transformation, to what he is now."

Reilly says "All right...I am keeping up with you."

"And when he heard her voice. He knew what Aunghadhail was and what Nikki was. When he was still human and told her to stay out of the room. We kinda didn't. So we sedated him and that's when we set off the traps in the spells or something like that. We still have not figured out that part yet? When she changed. She was in shock from the change, pretty much, she was very catatonic and out of it. While me and Gwen were taking care of her, while she's huddled in the corner of the room....catatonic. Aunghadhail kind of snuck in the room without us noticing and she said something. With her voice being so different. The elf picked up on it....how can I say this?....she got violent."

Mr. Reilly says "SHE WHAT?"....then soft bangs are heard...via a head hitting a pillow on a desk.

Sara say sheepishly and softly tiring to keep him calm "She got kind of violent. She did not hurt...Nikki!"

"Okay?....what did she do?" he asked.

Sara giggles "Well she jumped up, knocked me and Gwen across the room. Pulled armor out of her collection, out of nothing, a sword and jumped across the room. Basically knocked Aunghadhail's shield completely away, in a split second. Then jammed the sword up into Nikki's neck and was about to drill her through. She yelled and screamed at Aunghadhail....Then Sir Wallace kind of interrupted her with a sentence or two, that snapped out of her bloodlust annn....ahh....yeah."

Sara stayed silent to let that sink in, for minute. To let Mr. Reilly's mind catch up to, what she just said.

Mr. Reilly is silent on the phone for quite some time..."So...what you're telling me is another freak-ing elf that had!"...and he is yelling louder and louder "That I'm gonna be sponsoring! A guardianship for. Had a sword at my child's neck and I did not hear about it and was going to run her through. Probably kill her!" more soft bangs.

"Yes" Sara sighs.

"And I am going to sponsor this kid?" he says a bit calmer.

"We hope?...We wanted to tell you now. So that it wouldn't be a shock later and have you get even more mad. It's better to start out correctly" she says sheepishly.

"So what's the difference now that. I should like, a violent to my child...ELF more than or less than I did a minute ago?" he says quickly, getting kinda mad.

"Well Nikki and her kinda are patching stuff up there. At very quick rate! Aunghadhail and her have got to talk about stuff...in some kind of way in private. I'm sure that they will figure something out at school. Because they want a private conversation without Nikki involved...to work things out."

"Okay doses this Elf know? That you're doing this? Is my first question?"

Sara says "Yes she knows about it. We talked about it last night and there's no one else. Nikki already ran down the list with you. Can you think of someone else?

"No...I can't think of one?" he says kinda defeated "Well...as long as you two think that she's not going to get worse. I think we can...I think I can do this. Okay?....But if there's any problems, I want to know about them first! Don't wait to tell me personally at the funeral! You know what I mean! Both of you!" he angrily roars that the phone "And I want to meet this girl! As soon as we can arrange it! If I am going to be her guardian. I want to least know what she looks like?"

Sara sings "Oh your not really going to have to worry about that! She's going to be pretty much the only one in the room looks like that."

Mr. Reilly asks "What you mean by that?"

"Ohh....she's a dark elf!"

"Okay I heard of dark elves at your school and I haven't seen any photos yet though?"

"She's quite a bit different than Jobe and his little problem are...they say they are dark elves. BUT? This one's a real dark elf! There's a vast difference and you can see it!"

"Okay...well get me some photos, so at least I have an idea. How about you set up a meeting so we can talk. Maybe I'll come down there next week sometime. I want to meet this person. See this person, hear their on words on this! You got me! Both of you! In other words I am preliminary signing that paperwork, it's not set in concrete."

"Okay daddy...I will probably get the paperwork, up to you in a couple hours?"

"I will have my secretary start on drawing up all the paperwork. I need to have go through, to get her in Whateley from my end and if ARC is gonna pay for the bill. They don't need to see more paperwork from down there, except for a scholarship or the check paying towards the tuition. So I will be pushing through everything in my end and make sure gets done!"

"Mr. Reilly?" Sara speaks up "That would actually be good to do it on your end. As you can push it through a lot faster to Whateley, than we can. We are afraid that ARC is going to start dragging their feet. So they can hold on to Rohanna, so they keep on testing her. She's a definitely new species, that they have never come across."

Aunghadhail takes control of Nikki "Mr. Riley? it's me again."

"Yes Aunghadhail?"

"Thank you for doing this for me. I really, really, appreciate it. I do not think you understand how much I can appreciate this and we need to get this paperwork very fast. One thing that Sara's neglected to tell you. Is that this species of elf needs to be outside, in nature itself and not cooped up in a hole in the ground. Like the one, that she is buried in right now or she will go mentally insane and start tearing her way out of there. What I mean is...by tearing her way out there, in a most vicious fashion. We need to get her out of there...probably before the end of the week, tomorrow? Thursday? at the latest! I'm going to say...it has to be soon. And can you put as much pressure as you can, on this project for us?"

"I will...and Nikki honey. I'll get on this paperwork as fast as I can and I'll call up you or Sara as I need to.....Okay?"

"Okay....daddy thanks goodbye" Nikki sings.

Then they hang-up and Sara looks at Nikki...sighs "Well that went...okay? At least he didn't...throw the phone against the wall!"

"Yeah...but he still didn't sound happy. He needs a longer more complete explanation" Nikki mutters.

"Well we need to get this done as fast as possible! Now that he has the paperwork going through. It will get done in a couple hours not days! Now ARC will not have any excuse! After he grabs on to this!" Sara says joyfully.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Monday February 12 3:05 PM
ARC----my room

Well at three o'clock I stop the tests. I basically tell them that we are done for the day. As I was going to be sure, I was in my room for when Sara got there. So that we have every minute possible, to work on getting me out of this place.

Especially after Donna let out of the bag that she's seeing that ARC wants to drag their feet and keep me here even longer. Then add all the other mistakes and madness that happened today, that I didn't like.

As we go back to my room. We stop off the break room, I grab a couple snacks for myself and we all get into my room.

I start going through all the bags that Donna brought in. While I'm doing that Bill and Donna decided to go outside to meet Sara, as she comes in. To see what's up, that they can help out with. Maybe Donna can go upstairs, if more paperwork is needed or whatever Bill can too on top of that.

I start organizing the clothes and go over them all. As I did not before, because of the so called "testing" rush crud.

She got me a couple pairs of jeans. Donna also got me some kind of silk see-through night dress? I don't like that thing, but I guess it's to cover up? But its see through? So what good is it to a point? The Socks, the panties, the underwear and bras. Extra shoes of course. The sweats I already have, I put in one of the bags.

I go set it all in the corner so that its ready to go. Not that I can do anything with them. I can not even wash them. Then add what I'm wearing, that have on me already...is not washed. So why worry about it.

I go and sit back up on the bed crosslegged. Start to relax, calm myself down, meditating, to do my mental exercises. That help coalesce my memories and make it one whole mass. Instead of the cluster fuck, that it is now.

Out in the hallway.

Sara comes down the elevator and Bill and Donna are waiting for her as she gets out of the elevator. Donna goes up, hugs Sara and gives her a kiss. "Hi love..how has your day been?"

"All is good...anything here?" Sara purrs in her ear.

"Hi Sara...I think we need to talk" Bill says. Then they, drag her into the break room and close the door. They figure I can probably hear down the hallway with one door closed. But going into the break room and closing its door. Will drown it all out.

Sara asks "Well what's up? I have got the paperwork running with the Nikki's dad. So he can be guardian for Rohanna and he's running it through on his end. The guys here at ARC should be hearing him screaming on the phone soon, if they haven't already heard him. So what have you been doing all day?"

Bill is the first talking, he states "Sara...Rohanna has had a bad day here, with this test stuff. She just made sure, that they would not run her through the ringer. She made them go step-by-step with the blood workup, to make sure that they weren't pulling anything funny and could use it for magic spells....which I understand."

Then Donna jumps in "They tried to kill her by launching an iron ball, at her head during the Xavier test!"

Sara stopped to stare...thinks for minute "I remember that test....Ya they did use an iron ball and they kept the iron ball? They used it on an elf? That was stupid!"

Bill peeps in "That's not all.....she was absolutely furious! I think she was just within an inch of ripping the door off the wall and coming in there to slaughter a lot of technicians in there including Dr. Jones for it!"

Sara Says "I can actually see why she'd be mad. I mean these guys are supposed to smart around here! Letting something like that simple slip and nearly cave in her skull with an iron ball! I can understand her being mad actually."

Bill looks at Sara concerned "And also she's getting a self-destructive streak, I don't like seeing in a person."

Sara walks over to Bill "What you mean by that?"

"After the ball nearly killed her and we kind of talked her down a little bit. She went over and slapped her hand on it! Until it sizzled on it and left her skin on it! Basically hurt herself to prove a point, that it was dangerous instead of just saying it!" Bill adds.

Sara closes her eyes "That's not a good sign. Not one at all."

Bill grabs on her arm, leans in and says softly to her "She been kinda going over her history....mannnn...that...that kid up there...guy or whatever? There's some really screwed up stuff in that person!"

She looks at him wondering what he means "Bill what...what's up? What did she say?"

Bill hakes his head "We were just joking around about, stuff and came up with the infamous Star Trek Vulcan nerve pinch. She told me how they taught it to her, in her school. They did not just teach it...you used it on...some of her moves are just fatal!" He is kinda lost in the thoughts of it. "They taught you how to use them on people! In other words she HAD, to kill people get through class! Just bizarre in its own right."

Sara closes her eyes and thinks about it "You have to understand Bill. She comes from a society, that values things a lot different than we do. I'm sure when they train someone, they have to make sure. That it's actually going to work. So killing someone with training, kinda makes sense that people will die to make sure they got it right."

Bill says kinda mad "Well I don't have to like it! But I'm just going to have to accept it. She's been steadily complaining and getting mad that she's trapped in this hole. It is driving her crazy. I think she's on that edge, of just thinking of getting a way out of here...no matter what."

Donna in the starts nodding "I agree...she said the same things to me more than once. There's like zero trust going on here. They need to let her out of here! she's going to lose it eventually....If she has not already."

Sara walks across the room and crosses her arms just thinking "I think I will go in there and talk to her myself. Because this is obviously getting out of hand. Donna...while I am gone. Why don't you go get Pee-Tee down here and see if we can start chatting this out. I'm sure he's heard some screaming from Mr. Reilly and DARPA now by. Carson at Whateley maybe, Sir Wallace by now probably been brought into it. So I'm sure, he wants to talk about something by now."

Sara starts walking out of the room, down the hallway towards my room.

Sara enters the room and sees me sitting in the bed cosslegged and I look very bored. The guard stays in the room with Sara. Sara turns to the guard "Can you give us some privacy we need to talk....in private!"

The guard looks at Sara "I'm not exactly allowed to do that."

Sara looks at him again "We need to talk in private and we are not going to talk while you're here! You can ask Dr. Otto? She's not going to hurt me...she wouldn't....she doesn't want to."

The guard looks at Sara thinking about it. He looks over to me sitting in the bed. I look back, I shrug my shoulders and don't say one word to him.

The guard looks back at Sara "Okay I guess you're Dr. Otto's consultant and I know darn well. You're going win any argument we have" he exits the room closes the door.

I unfold my legs and move to the beds edge "Well have you talked to the warden? Can you get me out of here?"

Sara looks me over. Then walks over to me and gives me a hug "It can't be that bad?"

I pull back from the hug, I howl at her "YES IT CAN BE! They tried to kill me today with a cold iron ball in the Xavier test! Then add all the other stuff and STILL NO GOING OUTSIDE!" I start to cry.

Sara tries to calm me..."Bill and Donna just told me about the test and most of the other stuff."

I look at Sara "I don't sleep! I've been here for hours bored out of my mind! Even with last night and us. I mean they don't give me anything to read! They don't turn on the TV set there! Just test after test today, I feel like a lab rat!"

Sara looks at me....thinking of something to get my mind off things "So no Internet service yet?"

"Nope and I still don't really know what it is! Plus no books!" I sniff.

She plants her face in her hand her face and shakes her head...."You still don't know what Internet is?" she finally gets up on the bed, by my side "So girl we've got to talk to you. You need to learn this stuff but BAD" and she starts explaining stuff to me! The Internet and computers! I'm sitting there for the next half an hour mouth open totally aghast, at all the stuff that's walked past me.

A nervous habit POPS up. That I don't realize I am doing. Sara just noticed me do it. In my right hand popped up, like that sword from yesterday. Was an eight inch dagger, that I am just flipping between my fingers back and forth like it doesn't even exist. I'm spinning on my fingertips and I'm not even paying attention...that I'm doing it. I'm just doing it out of habit. I like a smoker would do.

Sara has been talking all the time, but kinda drifts and loses the subject...Then starts to near drool.

I finally after a couple minutes "Is something the matter Sara?"

She looks at my face and she says to me in a dreamy tone that says...I am not all here "Where did the dagger come from?"

"What dagger is that?" I ask not even paying attention.

"The one in you're right hand ya goof!?" she says pointing...and wanting!

I look over and realize I was doing it. I spin it around on my hand to the hilt and look at it.

"This old thing" I look at it "I've had this forever, I forgot where I got it. But it is a good one, it's well-balanced" I added.

I flip it over my fingers. Then point down on my skin. I spin it on the tip of my index finger like a basketball player, then flip it back to back across in my hand.

Sara says to me "Can I see it?"....and she does the gimme, gimme, hands.

I hand it to her and she examines it for about a minute. Then she gets a surprised look across her face.

I ask "WHAT! is wrong?"

"DO YOU! realizes this is a Mithril dagger?" and her tentacles come out and cover it up, trying to eat it.

"Yeah of course, I know its a Mithril dagger...Why wouldn't it be?" I ask...then say "Don't eat it! I know ya want to."

"Do you know how expensive this thing is and tasty?" she asks me kinda shocked I am blowing this off like its nothing....Which it is to me..."And how did you know I eat it....nnooo love this stuff?" Drool....

"I have no idea how expensive it is? It's just a old dagger" I say and look at her drooling..."And Sara?" I wave my hand in front of her face..."Your going to find that near impossible to eat that, as I alloyed it with Asterix and its WAY harder than you think!"

She holds it up to my face and exclaims "It's just a dagger....Just a dagger?...You say?" As she finds its not only Mithril...but she can't eat it. It is too hard...way harder than it should be!

She looks at it some more. She opens up her purse and pulls out a small steel knife. She just taps my blade, on the steel one and it just cuts it in half. I am not surprised at all....steel blades suck!

"And you have been twirling a Mithril dagger. This sharp through your fingers and your not worried about being cut?" she asks kinda concerned for me.

"NO...I actually think that one is kind of dull....I need to sharpen it" I say knowing my blades. "But its not a case of it, can cut me, I just don't let it cut me, by slipping while. I twirl it about, is all?

Sara shakes her head...she hands it back to me. I kind of twirl once, then lay it down on the bed "If it worries you? I won't play with it. But I am still going to hold on to it" I tell her to ease, her concern for me.

Sara then asks sheepishly... "Ahhh do you have any Mithril I can eat?"....I think for a minute "Yep" and I pull out of the ether. A small bar about five ounces and give it to her.

"WOW! are you sure?" she drools..."Yes I have more in storage and I can always make more."

That stops her..."Make more? You can't be serious? You know how hard it is to make this stuff?"

"AHHH yep --but I was trained on a short-cut, to make it faster. All I need is the right tools and a correct forge."

She eats it and seems real happy "What is Asterix? Never heard of it?"

"Its a metal not from here. I mean earth. I got some in trade before all the gates to other worlds where closed to stop the GOO. When I was VERY young. Its the hardest stuff I have ever seen. It holds magic enhancements like mad and makes blades sharp as heck! You only need like a drop for a whole sword, to alloy it right."

She shrugs her shoulders "Okay?" and Sara starts thinking to herself. 'Aunghadhail is right. The Drow....in this girl is definitely more dangerous than I give her credit for. She's playing with a dagger that sharp like it's nothing. That is something, I've got to find out more about.'

We talk about the paperwork that Nikki's dad is doing...for a long time. I thought and I pick up that dagger again....habits die hard!

I hear...a click....Someone is touching the door! I immediately look at it because. I consider this my domain now, that small click tells me. Someone's coming in.

I stare at door the guard opens it up again. That nervous tic is starting again. The is dagger flipping between my fingers again, without even thinking about it.

The guard opens the door and Dr. Otto walks in and the guard holds the door open for him. Then the guard looks at me and I look at him like it's normal.

A surprised look comes over the guards face...he steps into the room with Dr. Otto and he pushes the doctor one side. Dr. Otto looks at the guard and yelps out "WHAT!"

The guard draws his weapon, in one smooth motion points, it at me. I kinda get my feet off my bed from the crosslegged position and the dagger stops flipping in my fingers. I just have it by the hilt, point out to him. My ears noted that, when he drew the weapon. I heard the safety click off.

Sara looks at him "What did you do that for!"

The guard he's been a constant at that station...Jacob...is standing there definitely pointing the gun at me. I can tell, he is aiming right for the center of my eyes.

Jacob. the guard in the room states "Dr. Otto, you said she's dangerous. Now she's got a weapon in her hand. She hasn't had a weapon in her hand before, you did not authorize it!"

Dr. Otto looks at Jacob then me and says "Rohanna?"

I say calmly "Yes Dr. Otto?"

"Would you give up the dagger now?"

"NO Doc, I will not give up my dagger.....it's my dagger!" I say, not so calmly now.

Dr. Otto says again in a calm voice "I think it would be good idea for you to give up your dagger?"

"Not going to happen doc" I say more coldly. Because He just asked the same thing twice. Thinking I am going to change my mind in five seconds.

Sara leans towards me "Rohanna? Could you calm down?"

"Sara...friend...I am calm...the humans in the room are the ones, that are nervous and scared" I say very calm, as I move off the bed to the floor.

Sara looks at me and takes a mental note. That I have already separated myself in my thinking that humans are different than me. Also that I think, that her and I more a like than them.

We are standing there. 'Me and him in a Mexican standoff'...I think...'and not a taco in sight and I am HUNGRY!!!'

Dr. Otto says very softly to me "We can't wait all day...So you have to make a decision."

I giggle a little bit "I can wait till you and he dies of old age. Makes no matter to me or Sara. You guys take less time in the importance of our lives, than changing the color of the paint in our room."

I finally get on my feet...next to the bed...on the floor fully.

She turns her head back to Dr. Otto and says "Pee-Tee I really think it might be good idea just a let her keep the dagger. That dagger is very low on the scale of threat, that I think she can produce at this point. Besides we know from yesterday's little fiasco, that the bullets from a Nine millimeter really can't hurt her."

I interrupt Sara "They changed the bullets in his guys gun. He's got armor piercing ones and probably hot loads. I can smell the change in the gunpowder and the difference in the metal that the bullet is made from. I can smell it."

All three of them look at me, with a more than questioning stare on all their faces.

"Yes...I can smell the difference in gunpowder and metal in a bullet from across the room. It's not that hard...did you read? Today's tests Doc?" I hiss out.

The guard takes one more step in the room and the door closes "I am going to have to insist. We have a policy in place for extremely dangerous individuals that they be unarmed."

I look at him, smile and tilt my head...then I say "Jacob.....you made a mistake."

He tilts his head at me, like a dog questioning something and before he can open his mouth to say something.

I teleport behind him, I have my left arm wrapped around his neck, I have him lifted, halfway off the floor.
The dagger is drilled up in that spot behind his right ear, they call the death- channel.

I am going to drill it, into his brain.

I whisper into his ear, as he gasps a bit "You let the door close. Now your alone stupid. If you're smart. Snap the safety on that gun and just drop it to the floor. If you're a stupid man. Try something, I'll break your neck or drill this dagger into the back of your skull so hard. It will pop out your eyeball. Whether you live or die is all your choice right now. I don't care if you die."

He's thinking about it. The dagger to the back of his neck. While he wheezes from my squeezing of his neck.

Dr. Otto stands there in surprise looking at me "Rohanna? Could you calm down?"

I look at him "I'm perfectly calm doc. I just don't like people pointing guns at me and I think this is the point at which. I am going to have to ask. That you don't have armed guards around me anymore. Your security forces are quite ineffective....obviously and I'm sick of it."

Sara looks at me and is really upset with me "Rohanna these guys have to develop trust with you and you're not really helping out that trust issue right now. The more they trust you, the faster they are going to let you out here."

I sigh "You have a valid point Sara. But I still l don't like it when guns are aimed at me. All he had to do is ask. I would have put it away. BUT being ordered, I do not like ANYMORE!"

I whisper into his ear "All you have to do is ask. Be polite, don't be so demanding and you will find that you get more out of me. By your being polite, having manners and asking than anything else. I respond well to it and just so you know I can't lie to you. It's not my nature to lie. So if you ask me questions properly you'll get truthful answers. Okay I'm going to let you go now. So could you snap the safety on that weapon...ON...for me....Please?" It goes "click!"--- "and aim it at the floor and I'll let you go."

He does as I told him, he aims the gun at the floor.

"Thank you" I say.

I release the pressure around his neck with my left arm. Twirl the dagger out of my hand, with it going back to the ether. I teleport back across room and sit down on my bed. He starts breathing again. He was holding his breath practically the whole time.

I look back at him "See how easy that was? I put the dagger away, all you have to do is ask."

Then I YELL at ALL THREE of them "NOT ONCE DID EITHER OF YOU SAY "Please!" Try it first next time! It works ya know."

I look over at Jacob..."Jacob can I have one of the magazines off your belt...Please?"

He looks at me, still kinda stunned...."Ahh Jacob?" I ask again, to get his attention "Can I have a magazine...Please?"

He finally comes back to us and as he puts the gun in the holster. He tosses me a magazine. I strip off the top four rounds. Then toss one to Sara and one to Dr. Otto.

"Just a minute ago, you said something about...trust...Sara?" I ask her.

"Yes I did and this little thing might just kill allot of it" She says to me kinda mad.

"Look at that bullet" she does...then I get her attention back on me "Watch this about trust from them."

I take the bullet and run the tip across my arm it leaves a sizzling, smoking, burn all the way down "Is this....trust?" I ask her..."They changed the ammo to cold iron cores. Just what ya need to kill an ELF! Like me!"

She looks at the Doc and HOWLS "DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS Pee-Tee?"

"No I did not. But security is not my department. Nor do I tell them what to do" He says kinda sheepishly.

Sara just glares at him, rage all over her face.

I get up and walk over to Jacob and tap him on the shoulder "Hey why don't you go outside and take five or so...You have had a hard day."

I am just about to open the door. I listen for a second and take a small sniff. I turn to the Doc "Ahh Dr. Otto could you tell the twenty guards in the hall, to stand down. So I don't get shot today....Please?"

I then go back and sit down next to Sara. He goes over to the door and starts to open it slowly.....

I lean to Sara "I sure hope he can do it. As if one shot hits me. I will murder the whole hall. Just so ya know."

She gazes at me..."Please don't!...For me. Just take the hit and we will work this out. A pile of dead will not help now. But you with a hole in ya....kinda gets you out faster!"

"Humm I like that idea....might work" I say.

The Doc opens the door all the way...and what do you know. No gunfire.

He then walks out with Jacob and closes the door. After fifteen minutes he comes back in.

"Well that's all fixed. They wanted that dagger. But I told them, We get this one and who knows how many more you have got. We will never know?" and he walks over.

Sara asks him "Has Nikki's dad called you yet?" Sara changes the subject FAST.

"Yes he did....and Sara...You don't play fair. He dropped the whole of DARPA on my head and Carson is calling from Whateley. Plus Sir Wallace." he shakes his head.

Sara just grins "So what is going to happen, with Rohanna here."

"Well even after this mess just now. She is going to Whateley tomorrow is almost certain. Nikki's dad wants....AKA demands a vid-conference with Rohanna tonight. We are starting that in fifteen minutes from now. Nick Reilly will be on this us, as well as Mrs. Carson from Whateley with Nikki there. And Sara?..Carson and me want a report on her tonight for us, with all your notes and mental evaluations. Just so you know, Nikki and Aunghadhail are doing one each. Then add, Sir Wallace, Bill, the med staff on this and me."

He walks out of the room, to get all of this set-up and sent to my room.

Sara turns to me, almost the second he gets out the door and the door closes.

"You teleport? You did not say anything about that!" she jumps at me.

I look at her and smile "I don't tell you everything."

She laughs at that "Okay I can understand that."

I walk over to the bed for my T-shirt and put it on over the sports top "At least I should try to look nice"... I laugh.

"So what do you think he is going to ask" I say to Sara getting the T-shirt on right and looking at least decent.

Sara looks down at the floor "He will probably ask why, you almost killed Nikki? We kind of explained it. But he wants to hear it again, from you."

"Okay..I don't remember much myself." I stop thinking. 'I sure hope that. This one thing does not stop me from getting out of here'... "But you can go from there...I guess? and cover what I don't remember? Anything else you want to add Sara?"

Sara getting a little bit more happy "Yeah! after they are doing research on you tomorrow. They are going to release you from here tomorrow, at some point! Then they are going to ask you to come back for more research latter on?"

"I am OUT?...but....I really don't want to come back to here" I hem and haw at her.

"But they are going to pay for your schooling. So there's that" she adds trying to keep up beat.

"I think once I get to the school. I will pay for my own schooling. If my plans fall together correctly. But if they want to foot it for now. I'll live with that."

Sara starts thinking little bit about her contract work with ARC and paces around the room. She turns to me "You do know that ARC is a private company and not government?--- right?"

I shake my head "No I had no clue. That this was not government building."

She says "No it's not. It's a private company more or less really. So when Mr. Reilly's on...considering he is going to be your guardian. Let's have the ARC contract negotiation now. That your DNA is yours and you own it. So they can't sell it. That keeps anyone else from using it without legal action. So that any monetary gains they get from the research of it. You get a cut and any research on you. They get a cut of it and you do to. This is one way to make sure, you keep a lock on you being you and make money off of it at the same time...okay?"

"Make sense to me...I never thought I would have to argue ownership of myself. But it makes a lot of sense"

Dr. Otto comes walking back in to the room. Turns on the large monitor on the wall and after a few minutes everything sets up on the screen. The first right side half of the monitor POPS on and there's Nikki and this older lady sitting behind a desk in a large office.

I would assume that's Mrs. Carson headmistress of the school and they notice that the monitors hooked up.

Sara talks to it "Nikki? ya there? Can you hear us?"

Nikki replies back..."Yes we can hear you...here."

"Mrs. Carson can you hear us?"

"Of course Sara, I can hear you" the head mistress replies...not exactly looking happy...I note.

Sara looks at them and says "I am going to introduce Rohanna to you Mrs. Carson. she waves her hand to me and then back to them--"This is Rohanna Leigh are new elf and I hope student! This is Mrs. Carson head mistress of the school."

Mrs. Carson nods to me "Glad to meet you Rohanna Leigh. After I get all the paperwork in to me. I will make my decision whether or not your a student. I always have final say so on all admissions to the school and you will know about it tomorrow, not before then. Tonight is just a pleasant preliminary thing that Mr. Reilly wants to do-- okay?"

"Mrs. Carson I can understand that you haven't got all the paperwork yet. So no decision till then." I say.

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow, sometime. That you and ARC will set up a time for you to be here. Just go with what they set for you and you'll be fine. They have course all of our rulebooks there and everything you need to read up on. PLEASE do young lady" Mrs. Carson says to me.

That "young lady" bit. She may have been trying to use proper terms. But it kind grinds on the Drow in me. As I am WAY older than her, by to long to measure.

The second half of the screen flickers on at that point. I could see in it a tall gentleman sitting, in a nice suit behind a desk. Obviously in a nice office.

He looks at the screen "Honey can you hear me?"

Nikki...upbeat as usual "Yes daddy!"

"Mrs. Carson can you hear me?"

"Yes of course is Mr. Reilly."

Dr. Otto speaks up "I can hear all of you at this point. Mr. Reilly of course in the room here, we have Sara which you know and here's Rohnna Leigh your new ward. That you are, going to have guardianship over."

I say "Hello...Sir" immediately.

He says "It's not Sir or Mr. Reilly...it's going to be "nick" from here on out. We are going to be semi-family at least. Lets keep it semi-friendly."

I say sheepishly "Sir I have come compulsions now....ahhh...I can not to do that. Your the Queen's father. So at the least I have to give you some respect. It's either Sir or Mr. Reilly, I can't go below that. Maybe at some other point, I could do it. But not now."

"Yes...I can understand, don't be scared of me and I can not bite you."

I giggle "Okay...Sir."

Mr. Reilly starts off "I wanted to we see you and ask you some questions...for the first part. I am going to ask that Mrs. Carson and Nikki to turn off for a few minutes. As I want to ask you about one thing, without Mrs. Carson hearing in about it. She may read about it later. But she is not going to hear us talk about it now. ...If you can hold the line for a minute Mrs. Carson? I have that as get this one thing out and done first."

"Okay no problem Mr. Reilly" She says in a kinda cold way. That makes me think I am so done and not going to that school.

That side screen goes black. He looks at me and it goes to full screen.

"I have to ask you....Are you a threat to my daughter at all?" he says with no uncertain seriousness in his voice. It is defiantly a defensive....threat on his part. I understand why too. Its his kid after all.

I look at him "At this point Sir...I'm not a threat to Nikki Reilly. Me and Aunghadhail have some problems to work out. If she was a separate entity from your daughter. Me and her would have some severe problems. We would be working out....in a probably not so friendly way. But since...she's basically a ghost in your daughter's body. I can't do anything about that. I can not hurt her to spite Aunghadhail. I'm starting to really like your daughter as a good friend. Just so you understand that being's like Nikki, Sarah, and me are to live a very, very... incredibly long time. So we have to pick our friends pretty wisely. Because we are going to be sticking with them for quite some time and hopefully they don't become enemies. I know you probably don't think like that already. That your daughter can live to probably be a hundred thousand plus years old easily. But we have to, so at this time I am not a threat."

Mr. Reilly asks his next question "So the only reason why you attacked my daughter, was because you thought that was Aunghadhail more or less?"

I sigh...'I knew this was coming...So don't f-this up' I think ..."Yes Sir...I have trouble remembering that part. I was pretty catatonic and out of it. In severe shock, it's kind of blurry and vague to me. At this point Sarah, Nikki, Gwen and Sir Wallace would be your best people to talk about that. They were in the room pretty much the whole time. That was more of...I heard her voice and that was the one thing I didn't want to hear."

He asks "I'm going to ask you the hard question. If sir Wallace had not said anything to you...Would you have killed her?"

"In my state of mind...at that second..Yes Sir" I say plainly.

He glares at me....kinda mad is my guess "You can do to understand, it's hard for me to hear that."

"I can understand that Sir. She's your daughter. I know this is going to sound hard to you. But my memories are coalescing in me. I can understand what losing a kid is like. So let's not dwell on it...Please" my head goes down...blinking back bad memories.

Sara's face looks shocked to me, as she thinking about what that meant.

"So Rohanna...Do you think going to the school can help you out? Wait....I am going to bring back on Carson. As our personal stuff is over for now. Until we see people each other in person."

"Okay...Sir."

"Mrs. Carson Nikki your back on." the screen changes back to its last format "I'm asking Rohanna what she thinks, she can really get out of Whateley?"

I start in "Well Sir...At this point what I think, I am going to get out of Whateley is a basic education. How to get along in the regular world. Improve my own skills. I get time to coalesce and reform my memories to what I have. Get my body used to being me and be me again."

"Okay well on to the next thing is there anything else...Sara...you should ask for Rohanna now?"

"Mr. Reilly considering Dr. Otto is here in the room and he represents ARC. We might as well get this out of the way. I want to make sure, you write up paperwork that Rohanna Leigh's DNA is sole copyright and her ownership. Then any research that comes off of her? She gets a cut or least knows where it's going, so that ARC does not wholesale sell the rights of her. To others and she gets a cut of the profits or say-so were it goes."

"That is an interesting thought. We are dealing with a somewhat whole new species here. A whole new DNA string I am sure, so her having complete copyright and rights over herself would be definitely something that should be argued with now. Dr. Otto what's your is your input on this?" Mr. Reilly, asks

Dr Otto's business man tone comes on full "Okay, I'm a ARC representative. She can have One hundred percent of copyrights to herself or ARC will license it from her. With her permission for whatever uses come up. Anything that comes from the research profit wise and research into her abilities and published paperwork. We will offer twenty percent on the backend net profits, that come to ARC."

"Sara, does that sound good?" Mr. Reilly asks.

Sara say "That's agreeable. I have no problem with that."

I stop her and whisper in her ear....Otto looks worried.

Sara then adds "Pee-Tee she wants 'fifty-k' up front good faith and you pay for the full ride at Whateley. Plus you draw up paperwork on a corporation, off shore for her money to go into. That her or her guardian has control over ONLY! "

Dr. Otto adds "For testing I would like to go monthly. In the first month we want at least two days for testing to get a baseline from her. Plus whatever Whateley does for MID testing."

I say thinking "I'm fine with that first one. But it's going to be bimonthly testing. No longer than four hours and the first two in the first month. Are no longer than eight hours. Also all testing hours will be paid at One thousand per hour for the first four. Then Twenty-five hundred on each over hour. Because if your going to ruin my weekends or time off, your paying for them!"

Dr. Otto turns and looks at me "Why so much time between tests?"

"I don't think I'm going to change that much, in Sixty days and I'm not going to do more than four hours if it can be helped! I hate this place....its too DEEP in the ground! You figure out what tests you want to do, at a time. If you want to make any changes, you have to get my pre-approval and for all cancellations is to be a one week ahead of time!"

Dr Otto agrees for ARC.

"Okay I think we got a little agreement on that one. Mrs. Carson at least your overhearing it so, you know it's going on. Anything else for me Rohanna?" Mr. Reilly, asks me.

"Yes Sir...I want drivers license, with a motorcycle endorsement and a passport. All long with all the rest of my paperwork."

Mr. Reilly asks kinda concerned for me...in his voice "Why would you want a drivers license? I understand the passport. But why, the drivers license?"

I say proudly "Well...Sir I used to drive. I have the skill sets still and it was super enjoyable to ride my motorcycles back when. I want to get right back out on one. Soon as I can get a cash flow to buy one. I might not be doing motorcross in the Hills anymore into the forest. I have too much respect for the forest, to be doing that anymore. So I am back on blacktop and streets with a regular motorcycle. I would also like to get back into driving a car again."

Mr. Reilly asks me "What level of skills did you have for driving, if I may ask?"

"Mr. Reilly You know course I was thirty. I was driving when I was Fifteen with a motorcycle endorsement. two AMA racing licenses for motorcycles. For cars I had three racing licenses, SCORE, SCCA and CAM-AM. I also was listed with my company, to drive commercial trucks up to Forty-five feet, sixty ton weight limit. I was also certified to drive the larger trucks off road."

"Okay, your not a slouch. When it comes down to driving" he laughs.

"No...Sir..I'm not...So I want to get back into it."

"I'll get that done. Its sounds like you want it as a side hobby and not for transportation of course. So it makes perfect sense to me. But as your guardian, I am still concerned for your safety. As it sounds like your going to "RACE"! a bit."

"Mr. Reilly...Yes. I will..race..But I am obviously a high exemplar and a high regen. So even if I get wrecked, I am going to walk away from it."

Mrs. Carson interrupts me "Rohanna? You do understand that parking a car on our facilities is darn near impossible?"

"Yes Mrs. Carson I do... I'll will probably just be on a motorcycle. I will figure out where to put that on my own. I figure anyway. That's if I own cars, they are probably going to be more track cars anyway. That I will store them at a local racetrack. If I have enough money for all this."

Mr. Reilly laughs at me "You must be pretty ambitious, to be spending money already!"

"Sir...We all must have goals, where we want to end up at!"

"Is there anything else, you can think of at this point."

"No Sir nothing I think can of... I'm okay as long as the submissions paperwork goes through will be fine. With Sara and Nikki's help I think, I'll be moving in to Whateley and come up to speed with the curriculum. Yo hopefully add to the campus life."

"Well Mrs. Carson and Nikki unless you have something to add.....Good night to both of you. As I want to talk to the people at ARC for a bit more."

Mrs. Carson says "Good night, Mr. Riley."

Nikki says "Good night daddy!" and they sign off.

Mr. Reilly looks at me "One last thing...Do you think you're going to get more dangerous as a threat? I have to ask that as I work for the government."

"Sir Yes of course I am. My skills are going to coalesce back to what they were. I will keep on training myself to get better and better. Be exposed to people and how they fight. Will I get more dangerous? Of course I will. Just like anything else that grows, develops and it gets better over time."

"I can understand that...So Dr. Otto I expect ARC's report to be submitted to me soon as possible. Sara you know you have a homework assignment that has got to be on my desk and everybody else's by tomorrow morning? So I know what, your going to be doing tonight! Nikki already started working on hers and so is everybody else. I am going to sign off now and good luck to everybody. I will see you soon as possible Rohanna...that's going to be in about a week or two."

"Okay...Sir I will see you then" I say.

And he signs off.

Dr. Otto turns to me and Sara "Rohanna...You're going over there tomorrow afternoon-ish....around noon. All we have scheduled for you tomorrow is one test with the TS machine. We lucked out and managed to get an all cotton suit for you. Special ordered overnight. It will be here tomorrow morning and we want to run you through that one test. The other tests Whateley can do, at the campus for your MID-card. So far what we have from the tests. Is that your an exemplar Four. Sara will explain all this to you and probably Regen four. Of course wizard skills...Sir Wallace will test you later. It also looks like you might be a speedster one."

"The TS device tomorrow will give us more on that. But to show you that trust that you wanted" he walks over the door and opens it up..."Look first step...no guards."

"Okay...I sass..."So I can walk in and out and go to the break room?"

Sara elbows me "Hey!...He's giving you a break here!"

"Okay?" I say...real enthused.

"Don't be sarcastic!...he is starting" Sara barks at me.

"All...right. I...appreciate this effort."

I stand there for a second...listen..."But I appreciate the effort more, that you got rid of the forty guards at both ends of the hallway. So that shows me a significant level of trust. Getting rid of the two guards at my door was nothing. But getting rid of the major heavy equipment at both ends of the hallway. Gives me a little bit more thought, that you trust me."

Dr. Otto goes "I checked on the Internet. The issue of security clearance and we don't know if you can hack computers or not. We don't think you can, of course. But we have to know, before we can let that come into the room and cable TV why? I'm going to have all the Whateley rules and regs books brought down here. We do have all those rulebooks. But you will burn through those in a hour? like Bill probably already told you that. There's not too much printed material in this building. It's all on the computer."

"The next step we are going to do, if you follow me down the hallway" the Doc says.

I think sarcastically 'Going to the break room...great...food or something?'

He walks us to the elevator, He waves us in and we go up....WAY UP?

"Dr. Otto?...you know that one time you had me go down to the box?" I ask him.

He looks at me, a little mad "Yes" he hisses a bit.

"I hate bringing that subject up to you. But you might want to tell your security guards this. As I give you a little a freebie here. Don't put someone like me in a box with a dozen people around me...."I giggle. "In a confined spot. That was the stupidest thing. I think I've ever seen anybody do. Yes....you had eight guards and the rest of you guys where in there. In a confined space.

You should have sent me up alone. Not in irons...but alone. I would have had less of a chance to slaughter all the guards in there and hold you guys hostage. Think about it" I say kinda snickering at him.

"Okay ,they did mess up big time. I'm going to have to bring that up at the next meeting" the Doc says to me.

"I really would not bring up at the next meeting. Use it for ammunition later on. Keep that little nugget for yourself, until you need it" I laugh.

We go up quite a ways and the door opens up...in the main lobby is my guess.

Sara gets all happy "Pee-Tee now your showing some major trust!...Here! You let her outside!"

We walk out of the main lobby and I see this building is under glass. He walks me out to the edge of the area.

I look at the forest beyond. WAITING!

"Okay I guess am not going out there. But at least I'm here, to see some sky" I say a lot more happy.

I think to myself ...'One teleport and this is all done...behind me.' I start feeling the forest out there...my breath quickens, deepens...Its calling me, the forest...Gaea! I reach out farther, to it with my senses...it is calling to me...pulling at my very Soul! Sara taps my shoulder and shakes her head. She knows what I am thinking....I stop.

My head falls to my chest, as I look down and close my eyes....so close! But tomorrow! I am out of here.

Sara sees, my mood change and nudges me. "Wait" she whispers to me. "It will be there tomorrow...I promise!"

Then Otto starts leading us over to the cafeteria..."Well the food up here is a little better because its not pre-boxed. At least we can sit down overlooking the garden. I am hoping that this will help you out a little bit tonight, get some food, eat and relax."

Dr. Otto, Sara and I sat in the cafeteria near the indoor garden. It may be indoors, but at least it had a planted garden. Instead of four concrete walls and linoleum covered hallway! After about an hour of eating with meandering pointless chitchat. Sara announced to me she's got to go back to school to get that homework assignment done and figure out what they want to hear.

So she got up and pardoned herself "I'll see you tomorrow at school somewhere. Don't know what time you'll get there. But I'll try to greet you! But remember, I still have classes. I'm still a student. Good luck with Carson, she can be tough, but usually is fair."

I walked up to her and gave her a hug and said "I don't know about Carson? She looked awfully mad on that conference. Like that she didn't like being told what to do?"

Sara says "Yeah that's kind of what she is. She's in charge, so she does not like being told what to do. She was an ex-superhero"

"Okay? Which one was she?" I ask.

Sara lists the names she had-"Champion's sidekick and Lady Astarte and so on."

"Okay...A superhero to run a school for mutants. That makes perfect sense actually" So I walk her off to teleport, back to the school.

After I see her go. Dr. Otto walks me down to the elevator. As we start going down he says "You can have free reign on your floor where you're at. You can go in and out of your room and to the break room to use whatever is there. But Pretty much your staying there."

I ask him "Since I'm getting out of here tomorrow, is there anyway to wash my clothes? I know they're brand-new and clean now. But I want to all get that that..new clothes gunk...feeling out of them?"

He thinks for a second "I don't know all the facilities....ask Bill before he goes home, he'll probably know."

The elevator door opens up and Otto says to me "I'm going back up to my office, this is your floor and if you want to leave this area? You can't get in the elevator to go anywhere. You need someone to go with you to up or down. But this is your little zone for now on and I will see you tomorrow or is it good night? I will see you tomorrow probably sometime in the morning. But definitely before you depart. I don't have you scheduled for anything but that one TS machine scan and hopefully it works! It's experimental, but we do have to keep on trying it once in a while. It's expensive, but your special case and we want to get some baseline scans on it to see if the thing works...night" the elevator doors closes.

I turned and walked down the hallway to the med center. I see Bill sitting at his desk working on the computer and I walk up...slowly....creeping up...next to him. He is still not seeing me.

The evil mischievous me comes out and says "DO IT!" I get just inches close to him and YELL "HEEE YAYAYA!" at him.

He jumps practically out of his skin! He looks at me all shook up and crazy eyed "Just don't do that!...Jesus Christ your quiet!"

"Well? why wouldn't I be quieter than you?" I question him giggling at his fraid-y cat jump he just had.

He looks at me in thought "Well it kinda make sense. You maybe wrapped in a new chassis right now, body wise. But the brain definitely has a lot more knowledge of how to sneak up on someone than I can ever, get together!...So I guess you're done tomorrow?"

"YEP!" I shriek in joy "Unless someone cancels it. But once I'm out that door. I'm not coming back unless! I feel like it!...But, I do have something ask. Where can I wash the clothes I have? So at least they get that 'NEW' feeling broken out of them?"

"There's a laundry attached to the break room, it's a small stacked unit in the sleeping quarters. But it's there, for personal that get stuck here day after day and can't get home." he started to walk toward the break room.

While he was walking, I went to my room real fast and scooped up all the bags and hightailed it back to him. Just as he walked into the breakroom. He opens up a secondary door, one that I had not seen before. This lead to a locker area for both sexes, in between there was a counter area for doing chores and stacked washer and dryer. I piled the bags on the counter. I know I can wash the jeans and T-shirts in the washer. But the silk underwear Donna got me? 'AHH the sink' I think and I fill the sink add just a little soap and do it by hand slowly.

Bill is standing there watching me. "Well what do you plan on doing tomorrow" he asks.

"Besides? getting the HELL outta here! Anything that gets me out faster! You guys have got one test tomorrow to do on me and that's as far as I know" I rinse out the silks really quick, then use some fabric softer on them.
I complain "I know the damn things are delicate and are going to be pain in the butt to wash later on. But I got to start getting used to it."

Bill sasses to me...like I should know this..."You know there's a bag system for that kind of stuff? Just put it in a bag and put it in wash. But only on delicate or something, some washers even have a system for doing just that. You know?"

I just look at him with the evil eyes, smirk....he takes the hint.

"Doing this never had been my chore...mom kinda did all of that stuff. Except for a couple of loads I did once in a while. Till I hit Eighteen and all that madness happened. As for the Elf side of me....washing clothes what's that? If you really wanted something washed, you beat it over a rock in the river. Magical armor? really doesn't suck up dirt! It kinda just rolls right off of it."

He looks back at me in shock "Magical armor doesn't, suck up dirt?"

"NO! blood, mud, crap...pretty much slides right off, like a well waxed car. You don't really need to clean it. Unless something god-awful weird sticks to it! That happens once in a while. But I wouldn't worry about it too much" after I said... mom did the wash...I started thinking about that...Even as I talked to Bill. Then it hit me hard. I had dodged all that PAIN and GRIEF for the last decade and never thought about it. Now I needed her to be here. To help me over all this "girl" stuff and no one was there. I started to sob.....then the river started.

I walked away and just left the stuff in the sink. As Bill asked "What's wrong?" as I walked off.

I walked back down toward my room and looked around the hallways. As he walked toward me...I was looking for a way out...I wanted outside NOW! I was jumpy and messed up by all the pent-up emotion. Hitting me at one time. I wanted OUTSIDE! NOW! So I could just bust something up, for the sake if it!

He walked up to me, as I stood there at the hallway's intersection, turning around in circles...looking...searching....thinking...confused...mad...grief tearing at my guts...and the river of tears flowing "What's wrong?" he asked again.

I looked at him and I yelled at him like a crazy person...."Just walk away from me for ten minutes! I really don't want you near me right now!"

He looked at my face, as I turned to yell at him. His look just said it all to me....He was scared shitless of me. So I walked to my room and slammed the door. I fell on the bed and just let it happen....grief.

As I laid there, my body just in pain, racking with sobs. I felt Sara bump into my head asking to come in. I yelled at her in my mind "NOT NOW!" and slammed her out!

The phone on Bill's desk rings, as he is in the hall watching my door. He walks over to it to pick it up. "Med desk -Bill."

Someone on the other end, yells at him in near hysterics "What is going on there! What happened! What did they do now!"

"Whoa Whoa down there! Sara? Is this you?"

"YES! what happened! Rohanna is WAY upset! I felt that all the way down here." Sara shouted at Bill.

"I don't know....she wanted to wash clothes and as she was doing that. We where talking. Then she teared up and walked out crying a river. MAD as hell! Man, when she blows like this. She really scares me."

Sara calmer now asked "What did you talk about?"

Bill thinks..."Washing clothes and her armor not getting dirty?"

"That's it? please Bill think for a second....anything else? No matter how little it was?" Sara asked really concerned.

Bill pondered for a few....Going over the whole thing in his head. Then it hit him "She said, Mom used to do the laundry....that has to be it!"

"That would be it!...She needs...Mom....there now, to show her stuff and she is not there. She died when he was eighteen...MAN! I need to be there and I am stuck at Whateley" Sara grumbled at the phone.

"Well I can try?" Bill asked.

Sara warned "NO! don't even think of it. She needs a girl right now. One that cares. A guy is not even going to cut it unless its...dad...and you don't fit either right now. Maybe some day, you could do the "brother" bit for her. But not now."

"How about Donna? she is still here I think" Bill asked.

Once again Sara warned "NO! I don't want Donna in there alone. With her right now. Donna is too fragile and human. Only a person who can take...a hit...should be with her. When she is this distraught, Raw and wild.....Bill are you leaving for the night?"

"NOT! Now" He barked "The next person on duty? I would not let them water my rock garden. As she has no emotions or cares for anyone..so? I will stay."

"I wish she would let me in her head? She shoved me out. Just slammed the door on me and put up her shields. Man does she have shields!" Sara told Bill.

"Should I go ask her to let you in?" Bill asked reaching for anything to help.

"Not a good idea....let her sit. If she does not calm down in an hour. I will come up there. So I will let you go for now, call me if she changes in a bad way" She told him.

"No problem" and Bill hung up.

I wanted outside bad. Just to destroy something Beautiful! To show the world its mistake in making me feel PAIN right now. If someone handed me the Mona Lisa. I would happily BURN IT! and sing while doing it! After letting it all go for about forty-five minutes, I got up and washed my face. Then I walked back into the hall towards the break room to finish what I was doing.

Bill looked at me from his desk/bunker and stood up as I walked out. I gave him the "Don't even bug me look" and he sat right back down. Good....some girl somewhere trained him well. I walked into the break room and after about an hour. I got all that stuff done...dried, folded it up and was sticking it back in the bags. As I heard Bill in the next room standing there. My guess, he was listening. "Bill you might as well come in here. I can hear you out there."

He walked in "Are you Okay now?"

"I am Okay for now....Sorry I scared you Bill. I did not mean to. But I needed room or someone other than you right then." I could not even look at him I was so embarrassed at losing control so easy....yet again.

He started to walk over. I shook my head...he got the clue.

Not now.

I got all the clothes bagged and walked it out of that room with Bill trailing behind me.

As I got near my room Bill sang "I do have a surprise for you!"

"Okay....let me put this stuff back in the room" I say.

I go back to my room dropped the stuff in the corner and walk back to the med center.

"Your going to have fun with this!" and he drops, Four regs and rules manuals from the school on the table.

"Gee...thanks?" I sass.

"They are books! Bill sassed back at me "But I'm not going to be that cruel to ya. I had a project today. While we where doing stuff. I had one of my Igor's do an assignment for me while we where doing testing."

"Okay you got an Igor! that's good...every mad scientist needs ONE Igor! So...what was it?" I asked giggling and the happiness coming back a little.

He rolls a cart out of the secondary office, pulls off a sheet and he does magical TAAA-DDAAA! it's a cart full of books.

"You said every book in this place, is on the computer?"

"Yes they are! I had this guy go pillage every single executive office up and down in the entire area. That we could get into. Most of this junk is coffee table books. But there are a couple history books in there! Some romance novels....yeech! I know that Elves read really fast anyway. I know that from working with exemplars all day, they read like voracious rabbits!"

I look at the cart "You haven't seen anything yet! This is one of my little skills I had, that I had do!" and I start going through the books.

He looks at me with a quizzical look on his face "And what you mean by skill you had to do?"

"Watch this its going to be kinda neat!"

I peel off a stack of half a dozen paperback novels and pick up one.

"humm interesting" throw it to the side.
next..."Your kidding?" toss it.
next... "Yeech who wrote this crap!" toss.

He asked me "You! are reading books by touch! You gotta be kidding me!"

"Of course I can read a book by touch. With my little skill set as being a spy, I needed to go into a building. Read people's stuff as quickly as possible and get out. Its one of the things I did. It took them five years to figure out how, to get me to do that via magic and otherwise. I can't read a multiple subject book or one by multiple authors, in the same cover. Or magic books or what I loosely refer to as "mean books"...with knowledge that should NOT! be known. That would drive you crazy! I can tell those by feeling the cover, that I should not open them. Anyway a lot of those books bite or rip your arm off anyway, if you look at them cross eyed. I have a tendency to leave them alone if they are sitting in the corner barking at you"....But I have to understand the subject of the book to begin with? Or I just memorize it and can copy it back down is all...Its just speed reading, without the page turning? I giggle.

Bill squints his eyes at me "A book barks?"

"Yeah I'm going to bet Sara's probably a couple dozen in her collection. They probably run around the room literally and do other nasty stuff."

"I have to see that!"

"NO! you don't want to see that! A normal human should not see those kind of books. Those people that you have downstairs, locked away with madness in their heads. Probably looked at those books. You do not want to touch those books or even be around them...Please don't?" I beg as I don't want him hurt via simple curiosity.

He nods.

I stack the coffee table books, nice pictures great! I will look at those later. A history book of last fifty years! I think about that one for a minute.

"You stopped?"

"I am letting this one soak in a little bit. So I memorize it really good. I get good memorization from glancing at it. But this one needs time to simmer in me" I held it with both hands letting its words flow into me to become more of a deep memory.

I look at Bill, as I scan the book "So that is what your tattoo means?" I tear up. "BASTARDS!" I yell as I toss the book!
Bill steps back a bit.
"One day, Bill your going to have to talk to me about that!"
He nods "I will, just ask."
I calm myself back down. But it did get me caught up pretty good! Accept the last five years. But good enough.

I run through the pile of fifty books he had there in about half an hour. That left me about six or seven books with pictures of cars ,stuff off to one side and the rulebooks.

Since the rulebooks are multi-author books. I set them aside to read fast...one page at a time that might take ten minutes for ones, THIS thick! The others where one book, with one person writing it. By one train of thought. One subject. I can go through it in a second. But when it gets in this multiple stuff. I can't do it quite as well.

"Thanks Bill! I really needed that. That helped out especially the couple of history subject books that caught me up a little bit."

"So what are your plans tonight?"

"Well look of these, definitely the rulebooks and probably meditate the rest the night. As I think Sara is going to be busy all night with what she's got to do and catching up on her homework. So what's your plan?"

"I leave in about half an hour and I will see you tomorrow at eight o'clock-ish is probably when I will be in. They will not be howling for you before then. You only have that one test. The silly TS machine that and then they will probably be letting you out of here pretty quick! As there is no personal paperwork for the sign out. So you should be out here by ten or eleven. Then take that ride down to the Academy.... So see tomorrow" and he starts getting his stuff together.

I start carrying the books into my room and I see him wave at me from the med center "I'm going right now" he gathered his backpack and walked down the hallway.

The night nurse comes in "Miss a I don't care about you again" I wave at her and she just looks at me....like whatever. Great-she's going to be a great conversationalist! We will talk about everything and make cookies or something..NOT!

I walk in my room and get the books set on one corner of my bed and get myself in a crosslegged position and start reading through the regs manuals. Going over all the stuff they have and the course listings. I ignore all the course listings for gadgeteer-divisor track stuff. I would like to get into mechanical stuff, but it doesn't seem to appeal to me....like it used to.

A magic track seems to have great stuff and of course. The martial arts and weapons tracks of the school. I have to see how many I can get into!
Since you have to do a basic class to start. I want to get an advanced class as soon as I can.

My only fear I have is, that I want to go slow at firs...my way. I don't want anybody hurt by me. As I have a natural tendency to lean to what I was taught in. Nothing I learned was gentler, cuddly.

I get out of the bed and grab a pencil, to circle of the courses I want. I am Folding pages back to mark them. I will keep these books for sure. As this place will get another dozen in a week or two.

I see their archery class listing. I laugh at that one and I don't think they can teach me anything.

Archery is archery.
There is not too much style difference.
Unless your doing some kind of presentation style.
Archery from a horse is Archery from a horse.
Archery standing on the ground is archery standing on the ground.
Archery from a distance is Archery from a distance you can't change it!
Bows are bows and arrows are the same. The only change is what they are made from and what they do.
I might take it to be an instructor?

I take the rulebooks and the schools course listing book. That I really need to keep for a while and set them to the side.

I start looking at the books on cars and planes. The body styles on cars changed. It looks like I'm really happy I missed the whole 80s. With the late 70s 80s gas crisis crap cars. The 90's seem to change, from I'm seeing in the books and the modern era cars pretty good. But there, is not one book on motorcycles? Sure there is the aircraft book on World War II planes. I've seen enough of that going to school.

I wish they had some catalogs. I know that sounds weird. But at least it would have modern stuff in it to study.

It must be getting on midnight- One o'clock. I set the coffee table books aside. Get comfortable in my thinking and feel at brush on the side of my head. Must be Sara knocking on my door again. I settle myself as quick as I can. Then fall into that steady mindset and I relax up.

I came into the center of my own mind. I brush aside the old homestead first thing. The only thing I could think to replace the old house, that I would want to see would be the rooms from the Elvin Academy. I was at for the first few years of my training. Those seem to be at least a semi-joyful time of my life.

It was there I learned what I am today. But I really have to sit and think about what I want to replace that house as the place to meditate in.
I walk out of my dorm room, my form was dressed in the uniform of the Academy. I crossed the common area to the main rooms door and opened it up. To see Sara was standing there waiting. I wave her in and she comes in...I really don't say anything yet to her.

She looks around and says in a questioning tone "Okay? this is not the house in the suburbs? What is this?"

"This is the Academy. Where I got my first instruction to magic, martial arts, military arts and everything else. This point my life, nothing bad had happened yet. So this is kinda the lull before the storm." I say kinda bouncing thinking about this time.

"Humm makes sense Aung, did say your accent in Drow. Said higher education all over it" she asked looking around. "What's this room?"

"This is kinda the common area. Rarely anyone hangs out at, just basic chairs and places to study at and the fireplace that's basically it. Sara...We didn't get to use this that much. We where out drilling, learning or sleeping. If you could call it sleep, it was more meditating or mental practice. I think I might have used this room for an hour a month....at best.
You really didn't hang out with each other, you did not have the time. Besides which, we were really told not to get attached to each other. Because there was a high chance, we would not be assigned together and you really did not want attachments to someone. You might not see in a decade or two. Besides which, I think they where prepping for, not only are you not going to see these people, but they might end up DEAD. So why get to know them." Even as I said it I regretted the way I said it...all the emotion...just gone....just cold dead facts.

I then lead her to my dormitory room and I altered the medieval bathroom. I did the modern touch, I could not stand the old-style. What was referred to as the bed was in one corner, two suits of my armor hanging on the wall, all my practice swords lined up against it, my bows next them. Everything nice neat and tidy. Like a room you would see in a military academy, anywhere in the world.

I look kinda dejected and stare at the floor as I get her in the room "I am sorry, I shoved ya out today....I was a little mad and did not want anyone around for a bit."

"I understand" she said softly "I was just worried as all. I felt that pain all the way down at school. I called Bill and he gave me a clue why you got upset. Your mom? She died and today you needed her to be there for you?"

I just stood there-.....thinking.

"I would bet you never faced all that grief, from the loss of both of them? Did you?...You were too busy with all the stuff, that needed to get done?" She looked at me...waiting.

"Shut-up..for now about that....Please" I asked....I begged.

"You are going to have to face it...sooner or later" she pressed on, concerned but ....still getting on my nerves...hitting a soft spot.

I stood there...."Not now" I said, getting madder at her challenge.

"Then when?" she asked.

"Your pressing me!....DON'T!" now, I am boiling.

"I want to help..." she got real concerned and pleaded.

"I said...no twice" I yelled.
I started to shove her back out of my mind...HARD!...Her form in my mind flickered in and out, She dug in to stay.
A big mistake..... 'I run this show' I thought and I shoved her back harder. Now... her form or image is really faded and was losing this fight....I almost have her gone then.

Sara yells at me "Okay I will drop it!"...I stopped.

"Sheesh your hard headed and man your strong mentally. Not many can shove me mentally around like that. One day we are going to have to talk why your so strong, yet not really showing, a Psychic level one on the tests."

She changed the subject fast. She looks around then sasses "Real cozy...nice personal touches."

"Well what do you expect? We can go back to the sixties house. I can pull that one back out.....I prefer not to."

I look at her, and walk up to her to give her a hug "Not right now" she said.

"Really?...you?...not right now?" I say surprised the "lust" demon does not want a hug.

"I'm only in a staying twenty minutes....I want to get some meditation done of my own down. Beside which I'm sure you need some alone time, mentally editing yourself for tomorrow. Did you read all the books that you need to know? As Mrs. Carson once in a while actually, asks questions on those books. Just to see if you really are serious, about coming to the school."

"Yeah I reread them. The course manual and circled what I think I should be taking for courses. Of course, the track I will be probably doing is the magic track with Martial arts on top of it. I will then start thinking, what I want to do for a college degree specialty or whatever from there. Then I will figure out what I will do for a job or whatever. But like I said to you before, I think if I can get what I want to do at the school going. I will have all the money problems licked! But I'm not worried about it."

Sara asks me "Your not worried about money...why?"

"I don't know about you. But I can walk into the forest and live quite well. Just being in a forest for years on end. I did it before, I can do it again. Besides which I can always hire myself out as an assassin. I'm sure there's lots of people in the world that would pay good money for me, to kill people."

She gets shocked "No! don't do that! You'll start getting hunted!"

"Only if they figure out, I'm doing it and I figure five maybe even ten years before they start figuring a pattern. I'm not that stupid."

She walks away, shaking her head.

"Don't really worry about it. I am not really considering that as much of a job. Maybe just as a side thing...thou! YA know...A girls got to have spending money for shoes and stuff...right? That they always joke about" I giggle at her...rocking back and forth on my feet.

She spins around really quick "You should really not joke about that kind of stuff they will put in you ARC permanently or jail facilities, as an actual villain. They do that...you know!" she notices the rocking motion I am doing...it seems very familiar?

I look at her "Only for the stupid ones! That want to take over the world." I crack a smile at her and keep rocking but side to side on my feet at the hips.

"You should think of something else. There has got to be something else you can do?"

"We or I will figure it out. I have three to five years maybe? I'm sure I can squeeze out going to school for five years. Don't worry too much about it unless, they start having problems with too many students in the school.

Besides which. As far as I can see at the bare minimum Gwen and Nikki and they mentioned four or five other Elves. Far as I can see. All those elves at that school don't know how to be elves at all! Nikki has a clue, what? Gwen she has no clue and the others? I figure have zero clue. Especially on how to fight like an elf! So I figure at one point or another I would be a teacher's assistant. Then maybe in five or six years be a staff member doing it. Like you said before. Might as well stay at the school--not like I need the shelter of it."
What does the world want with my current skill set? Sure you got soldiers and hired killers running around. Probably plenty of those, you don't need me."

I walk up to her and hold up her face to mine "Honestly? What are you going to do? Gwen is always saying "baby demon" I think it's a lot more than that. I'm sure of it! I don't think your going to go around wrenching up souls and gathering minions of the night to take over the world! So...you must have other plans...a little bit?...I mean ten or twenty thousand years. I'm sure you will have a vast different set of plans by then, but doesn't everybody?"

Sara has been standing there kinda silent for a while...Stunned that I talk of time like that. Like a person who knows how long forever really is. As I walk around the room to figuring out, if I want to change in it.

She comes over to me says "I am going, you sure you're good?"

"Like you said, I need to meditate tonight get everything in focus. So do you. I need myself as calm as possible, as I don't think Carson's is exactly a pushover."

"Well you might be right there? Carson puts up with me, she does not exactly One hundred percent, approve of me in the school. A lot of that Halloween dustup we had, revolved around me"

"Well least you won't really have to worry about that much anymore. Now that I am getting in the school. I'm sure that security went right to the roof at the very least like you said. No one is going to be chasing you through the woods anymore, if I am there." I hiss.

Sara sighs "I am going...okay?"

"So I guess this is goodbye? No hugging for the night?"

"No I think you need to rest up mentally from my presence. You should get to be your own person. Without me nudging you around...okay?"

"I can understand that. Its actually a good idea."

I walk her back to the main gathering room to the door "See you tomorrow sometime and I'll give you a clue if anything goes wrong and as I am about to shut the door. I look at her "If anything goes wrong tomorrow."

She looks sad for a second "I don't think anything's, going to go wrong."

I say "I always have a backup plan, Six months from this exact date. Union station, the train station, Los Angeles at noon, at the ticket counter...be there. As if you're not. Its the only one chance you will probably get to ever see me and we will make the plans from there. Until then I'm gonna stay under, if I have to run. I am not going back in that hole! Just keep that in the back of your mind that if I ever get in trouble there's a place to meet up at six months from the date it happens at that station okay? It is one thing that others won't think about. Its too public, its got enough entry and exit points."

Sara says "Stupid dimestore fifty's novel stuff. But it makes sense to me, with today's technology. People tracking each other all the time. See you tomorrow!... Lover."

"See you tomorrow, my Love!" I say.

I close the door.

Well I'm sitting there the whole night long after Sara left me meditating, coalescing my mind. Bringing all the bits and pieces of my memories together. Taking some human aspects and basically throwing them in the mental garbage that I probably will never access. There's little things I don't need to know. I kind of filter through the ancient memories of being a Drow...The bad ones find and address each bad one. I can forget it or at least file it away, so it does not bother me anymore. It doesn't seem to pop up anymore, which is good and as I am concentrating on this. I am now realizing, it's going to take two years of nightly concentration. To filter through, all the stuff packed away. The stuff that might affect me. Make me to flip out or like Gwen said freak out! and I am really getting involved in it.....deeply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my oldest story in a joint fan fic venture with a group of authors, so
far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We
all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of
stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This
one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek Tormented by the past,
Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek They say old soldiers never
die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek Born for
eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave their
nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan Watch what
you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever asked
for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan Struggling with fate, Kelly has
to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade Created for war
and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and the out.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade Ancient and Powerful
Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones.
Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living
in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind,
get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional). This is the Whateley
Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more
than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from
vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong
transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.' If you want further information
you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki
or
http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the
ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those
kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the
'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Or if you want to input more?

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Now looking forward to

Now looking forward to chapter 4 and Ro entry into Whateley; and what an entry it is going to be.

Thank you

Thank you for posting this story here. :)

really liked the story

really liked the story
i noticed when you used except it should have been accept and vice versa
that and sometimes when you started to say something one way you changed your mind half way through

professional paranoia

Thanks for a great story, with hopefully a lot more to come.

The keeping of secrets is a bit over the top.
With WU tech, Jack's old name should take about 30 minutes to find out. Just look in the union records for a certified lineman born in 1946. Certification and/or pension records from the 70's should still exist even if only on micro film.

Very nice.

What you are doing in this chapter is common in people who have experienced traumatic physical loss, mental loss or both. There are parallels in various kinds of losses. I know less about combat related losses where there is loss of limbs or other physical trauma along with psychological trauma related disability. Similar disabling trauma can be induced in various industrial accidents, or in a very abusive home life. I almost did not live.

There are hidden nuggets in this story. I sometimes doubt that she will get out of that hole.

One of my issues with these Whately stories is they all seem to end there. I would like to see her life after graduation.

Gwen

thanks for reading

shadowsblade's picture

yep I planed lots of stuff for Rohanna and I do have long range plans for this character

BUT

she has to get through the next 6 months and live---muhahahha

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

money

She can make plenty of that filthy green stuff by making and selling mithril.

So much fun. And Aunghadhail

So much fun. And Aunghadhail was acting more like the fool then a Queen for most of this story so far. Well, thanks for writing this, and bye for now.

When I first read Shadowblades origen story

I enjoyed it, until I moved to later chapters, it came across as disjointed. So I stopped reading, That has been fixed, and I have some serious catching up to do. Thank you.

Glad you are liking it all, I

shadowsblade's picture

Glad you are liking it all, I have tried to improve over the last 2 years of writing this and a few other characters

ask any question you might have and have fun!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Knowitall

Jamie Lee's picture

There are many like Aunghadhail, think they know what they're doing but screw up big time. And only after they cause the problem do they realize how bad they screwed up and didn't know as much as they thought.

Going from biking to thirty five years into the future, or being unconscious for thirty five years, waking up on the box that wasn't a box before, getting hauled into a secure facility, then going through hell while transforming, and not knowing what's happening, could have driven a person over the edge. But Ro survived, though not without difficulties.

Getting to Whateley is best in helping her assimilate and learn what was lost in thirty five years. Hopefully Whateley will be able to help her learn to deal with others without burying them.

Others have feelings too.