Where No Man has Gone Before Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

A Star Trek Next Generation based fan fiction novel

Reginald Barclay discovers that space is not the final frontier

Where No Man has Gone Before

Chapter 8: Perchance a Dream

I had barely laid my head down on the pillow, thinking about Geordi, as I closed my eyes. Suddenly I felt as though I was standing. I open my eyes and Geordi is standing next to me in what appears to be either a very large garden or a park. I look down and see I am still wearing the same nightgown I had gone to bed in. Geordi was wearing just a pair of shorts.

Geordi and I looked at one another and were about to each ask what is going on, when we were interrupted by three pretty young girls. Two of them looked a lot alike, sharing similar features and both with auburn hair, the third girl looked barely younger, but with hair so black, it glinted blue in the bright sunlight.

One of the redheads, they looked to be about ten years old, spoke to us, "Hello, my name is Kira, and this," motioning to the other redhead, "is my sister Annika, and our cousin Lucy. We were sent to meet you here. and to bring you along."

Geordi smiles at the girls, "It's nice to meet you young ladies," The girls giggled at that, they were so cute! "I'm Geordi and my friend here is Regina. Can any of you tell us where we are?"

The girls giggled again, like this was all a big joke to them, that only they shared. The speaker for the trio said, "Of course silly, that's why we're here. We're going to take you to visit with my mom and Amma, as well as our older cousin Katie. Come on." Each of them taking our hands.

The raven haired girl, Lucy, was between Geordi and me with Kira on Geordi's right hand, and Annika on my left hand. As I looked down at Lucy, she looked up at me with those big eyes of hers, "You have very pretty hair Regina, those curls look so nice on you."

I smiled at her, "That's very nice of you to say Lucy, thank you! I like your hair too, it really sets off your lovely face. You act very grown up, may We ask how old are you girls?"

Lucy beams, "I'm nine, almost ten. Kira and Seven are ten, they just had their birthdays."

I looked confused, "Seven, who's seven?"

The girls all giggle again, then Annika says, "Sorry, Seven is my nickname, cause I was the seventh born of the cousins in our family. But the joke goes way beyond just that I'm afraid. But momma Freya will want to tell you the rest."

Geordi and I share a look of awed awareness. Looking at Annika, or Seven, I said, "Your mother is Freya, and you're Seven? Oh my goodness, Geordi, Freya? The one responsible for me being like this now!"

Geordi's eyes go wide open, "How is this even possible?"

Kira says, "Actually Freya is my mom, Seven's mom is momma Lauren, and Lucy's mom is momma Gloria. And to answer your question..." The three girls together like they had practiced it said, "Magic!"

The girls led us through the garden, where we eventually came upon a gazebo with a seating area. Already seated, were three very attractive women. The oldest of the three appeared to be mid forties, but could be almost any age. The next youngest was late twenties, and the last early twenties. All three had beautiful auburn hair like the little girls, but the youngest also had horns, as strange as that may sound.

The middle of the women stood to greet us, then gave each, Geordi and I a hug and kiss. She said, "Welcome to my mother's garden. We are very happy to finally meet you in person, this is a great honor for us all." Smiling to make us feel welcome. "My name is Freya, may I introduce, my niece Katie, and my mother FREYA, or Valgerður if you prefer."

Geordi and I were at a loss for the moment. Then Geordi said, "I am very honored to meet you too! This is Regina, and I'm Geordi. But then, you already know that, don't you? The question is how you know."

Freya spoke, "My daughter will explain all of that. For me, let me say, since what happened to her, we have tried to help those who were lost in similar circumstances. Those who have no idea that their lives were wrong from the start. We try to meet each one we help, at least once, to be sure we have done the right thing for them. Tell me truly Regina, are you happy this way? Or do you want to go back to the way you were?"

She looks into my soul, without hesitation I say, "I had no idea that I was always meant to be this way, but it feels so right. I know that had I not lived as I had, I would never have met the friends I have now. I am very happy with my life now. Thank you so much!"

Taking FREYA's hand, kissing it, Geordi said, "I am forever in your debt. Until Regina came into my life, I didn't know how large of a hole I had in my heart, or what was missing. So thank you!"

Cupping Geordi's face, FREYA kissed his forehead, saying, "You have many of the same qualities I found in Freya's father, you will make a great husband for Regina and father to her children. I am sorry that I must leave now, but I am needed in a meeting with Thor and the Allfather. Be happy children!" This last said to all of us present.

Taking on a bright glow and then winking out. Freya says, "Mother likes to make an exit dramatic. Now then, even though we are on the dream plane, would either of you care for some refreshments?"

I look at Geordi, "Lemonade would be nice."

Freya says, "That's perfect! Lucy, would you get momma Lauren to bring lemonade with her, you need to get back and finish your homework young lady."

Lucy says shyly, "Yes momma Freya." With that she popped out.

A moment later, another woman in her late twenties, with dark red hair, pops in. Placing the tray with glasses of ice and a pitcher of lemonade down on the low table. She grabs me into a big hug, "It's so nice to meet you Regina." Then gives Geordi a kiss on the lips, "And you too Geordi."

Geordi and I shared a confused look, then he says, "It's very nice to meet all of you too. You all seem to act like you know us so well. Could you please tell us how?"

*****************************

Freya explained, "For some reason, our timelines are connected indirectly. You see, for us, we grew up watching the adventures of the crew of the Enterprise on television. Both the Enterprise, captained by James T. Kirk, and yours, captained by Jean-Luc Picard. We also have watched the crew of Voyager travel through the Delta quadrant, as well as DS-9."

To say the two of us were shocked, would be a grand understatement. "So, you're telling us, that we are nothing more than characters in some televised entertainment? If that were true, then how can we be here with the five of you?"

Freya said, "No, no, Regina, that is exactly the opposite of what we're saying." Taking my hands. "What we're saying is that we're connected on a deeper level than circumstances would dictate. You are part of our future, and we're a part of your past. Interwoven in a way that defies logic, as Spock would say."

Geordi nods his head, "We can understand that, truth is usually stranger than fiction."

I ask, "That still doesn't explain why you brought us here. If you enough about us as you say, you know that we shouldn't learn about our futures from you any more than we could tell you about your own. The 'Tempor..."

Katie finished off, "...al Prime Directive'. Yes, we know all about that. That's not what's going to happen. All will stay safe, knowing only what you need to know to set your minds at ease."

Lauren continues, "Well, not long after Freya and I became pregnant, actually almost immediately we decided on baby names. Because FREYA knew the twins would be boys and girls, for each of us. We were all so in love with your shows, that we chose names from the series. That led to trying out using magic to create tech that we had seen on the shows."

Geordi and I nod at this information. We didn't believe in magic, but there was no scientific reason for me changing into a woman. Then again, a wise man once said, when you remove the facts that don't support your findings, then, whatever remains, no matter how unlikely, is the reason.

Still holding my hands, Freya says, "The charm you found in that ship you helped was made by Katie and her Amma, her grandmother, and given to me to hold onto, till my daughter Kira was old enough to receive it, on her tenth birthday. And because of my unique nature, change by magic to be born male, and then changed again by magic to be female, after wearing the charm bracelet for ten years, imbued the charms with a similar magic."

Katie said, "What we didn't know, was that, once a charm gathered enough magic, it would seek out someone who was born the wrong gender and correct that mistake. Then after finding and helping that person, the charm would return to the bracelet to charge again, over and over. That is, until Freya gave the bracelet to Kira on her birthday. That charm is gone now."

Shocked, I said, "It crumbled to dust when I change on the transporter pad as I materialized. I'm so sorry you didn't get it back Kira." Looking at the ten year old girl.

Kira came to me and gave me a hug and a kiss. Then she said, "That's fine Regina, I'm just happy that it found you at last. You're very pretty, so much nicer than the old 'you'."

We all started to laugh, as Freya tried to chastise Kira for her words, spoken in a child's innocent belief. I just said, "You're very right about that young lady, and Thank You so much for your kind words. Because of you and your wonderful family, I am now who I was meant to be. With a man that I truly love, that accepts me."

Geordi smiles a big grin, thinking of something, "Kira, the only way I know of to thank you enough, is, when Regina and I get married... " Looking at me hopefully. I nodded crying. "that you and the family are invited to attend. And I ask a further favor, that you are our ring bearer in the ceremony." Looking at her mother.

With expectant awe in her eyes, silently begging her mother, Freya, trying to use puppy dog eyes. Freya lets her stew for a bit, the rest of us already knew she was going to say yes.

Freya smiles, "Of course she may, but I have a request as well." Pausing for a moment, "that you allow me to give you the engagement ring for you to give to Regina. Deal?"

Geordi smiles again, "I know as well as you do, that we would replicate a ring for Regina. And I'm guessing that you're going to create one from magic. So, it's basically the same thing. So, be our guest."

"Thank you Geordi, that's very gracious of you." Thinking for a moment, then continuing, "Now what I think we all feel would be appropriate, is to fashion the ring using another one of the charms from Kira's bracelet." Looking at her daughter, Kira smiles and agrees, "Surrounded by diamonds, set in old fashioned gold, with just enough magic to allow it to fit you always."

Freya held her hands together for a few moments, a glow began, and grew brighter with each passing second. When it was almost too much to bear, the glow faded, and she opened her hands. There, in her palm, was the most beautiful ring that I had ever seen, Just as she described it. She placed the ring in Geordi's open palm.

Accepting the ring, Geordi got down on one knee facing me. My god, my heart was pounding so hard, I thought I was going to pass out. Then Geordi says, "Regina, would you do me the honor of being my wife? I love you!" All I could do as he placed the ring on my finger, was nod, as I fel into his arms.

All the girls squealed as I accepted, so happy for me, they were.

******************************

After a while, Freya says, "It is time for the two of you to return to your ship. Know that when the time is right, on the day you take your vows, we will all be there. The entire family, so you better plan accordingly."

We received parting kisses and hugs, and then began to fade back into a blissful sleep. At the last moment, before we had gone beyond hearing, Kira asks, "Momma, why did the ring glow when Geordi put it on Regina's finger?" Then it was gone, and I didn't hear her answer.

******************************

When I awoke, I felt so wonderful, then I realized I was in bed with someone. I opened my eyes, and there was Geordi, just like he was in the dream. But it had to be more than a dream. Geordi opened his eyes, staring into mine. Before either of us could say a word, the alert klaxon sound was coming from everywhere.

Then, as we were trying to get untangled from one another, a security detail burst through the entry. Phasers at the ready and looking around for some type of intruder.

As the guards checked over the entire cabin, reporting to the lieutenant, that all was clear. It wasn't until then, that I realized we were in Geordi's quarters, not that it mattered, we were together. Geordi and I stood up and he asked the lieutenant, "What is the meaning of this lieutenant?"

The lieutenant, Carson, If I remembered right, said, "Sorry Mr LeForge, but there has been parties searching for the two of you for hours. Since you disappeared from the ship, Sir. Commander Riker has had us on constant alert trying to find you, sir. Is everything ok sir? Miss?"

Geordi and I both said, "We're fine Lt Carson, we thought we had an unusual dream. It seems it's much more than a simple dream...." Looking at me. Just then, Will and Deanna, came running into the room, silencing any further talk.

Will relieved the security detail. Will tapped his Comm badge, "Riker to the Bridge, cancel the security alert, our missing crew has been found. Riker out."

Geordi said, looking between the three of us, "This is going to take some explaining, sir." Will just gave that look that said, 'this is going to be a good one, isn't it?'. Deanna's look, said something altogether different, and I think my face turned many shades of red.

******************************

We were in the captains briefing room, after having changed into some appropriate clothes. The captain and Data were also present. Will was saying, "So, what you're saying is, that, a goddess, from ancient Earth legend, just whisked you off of the ship, to her garden for a quiet chat and some lemonade." Shaking his head.

There was no evidence to support our story, other than having been missing from the ship, and the ring that Freya had made for Geordi to give to me, for our engagement. Data had finished scanning the ring during our narrative of the adventure we'd had.

The captain asked Data for his findings. Data said, "Sir, the reading I get from the ring, are unlike anything I have ever seen. I am at a loss the explain it, other than those given by Regina and Geordi."

The captain looked around the table at all of us, "Well, I guess we'll just have to accept that for now. It's not like we
can do anything about it anyway. So, I should say, Congratulations to Regina and Geordi."

End of Chapter 8

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Annika was the 7th born among

Annika was the 7th born among the cousins? D'oh i missed that joke completely Wait- was she 7 of 9 cousins? :D Well played, Mopar, well played!

I love that Picard is just taking things in stride, so very true to his character!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

7's designation

Renee_Heart2's picture

Actually she is 7 of 12. The 7th of all the cousins but there are 12 as Gloria's mom (formily) her father is pregnant with twins as well.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

7 of 9 cousins was a Star

7 of 9 cousins was a Star Trek joke, a play on her namesake, the famous 7 of 9

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Jokes

Mopar's picture

The joke comes from Annika's birth in the Freya story. When she was delivered, FREYA made a joke about her being 7 of 10. When the family corrected her, she pointed out that once Jolene's triplets were born, there would be ten blood cousins. I am very happy that so many people have enjoyed both of my stories. Thank you to all! To cross sayings, 'Live long and Bless the Goddess".

Mopar

Goddess Blessings!

DATA Perplexed?

Renee_Heart2's picture

That doesn't happen often lol but when it does it REALLY IS a mystery. As a " wise man" once said "Once you eliminate the impossible what ever remains how ever illogical must be the truth." (A Logical Vulcan) Well now there is going to be a HUGE wedding with all of Freya's family the WHOLE family 7 of 12 included lol aka 7 aka Anika & thats just the 12 cousins. So we are looking at.....if my caculatons are correct about 24 from 1 family. Plus the officers & crew of the enterprise.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Quote

Mopar's picture

That was the quote I was searching for. Dahm. LOL

Mopar

Goddess Blessings!

The quote

Drakira's picture

I think the quote you are actually looking for is this: "An ancestor of mine maintained that if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Captain Spock, quoting Sherlock Holmes. From Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Drakira

Valid Point

Mopar's picture

It was Holmes quote I was thinking of, but Spock's would have been better for the story. Thank You!

Mopar

Goddess Blessings!

I really love how you have

I really love how you have interwoven features from all the Star Trek shows, plus now brought over the wonderful characters in the FREYA story.
Looking forward to seeing this charming story continue for a very long time.

Clues

Mopar's picture

Thanks for the appreciation. I left lots of clues for people to find, but no one seemed to connect the dots. I just thought it would be the way to go.

Mopar

Goddess Blessings!

That makes sense, lemonade

That makes sense, lemonade and a magic ring.

Kren

Not Everyone

Mopar's picture

Considers alcohol drinks to be the most refreshing.

Mopar

Goddess Blessings!