Tea & Red Roses Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Tea & Red Roses Part Two

*Before…

But I just couldn’t and I took another sip of tea before I asked. “So I don’t mean to pry or anything but is this your first time at a trans heavy bar?”

She looked like it hadn’t quite occurred to her, then I could see her turn it over and over in her head and she looked at me again and the look was different. The bright sparkle was gone but there was a thoughtful look instead of anything that I’ve seen that might mean trouble.

But her hand slid from mine ending the extended handshake and she looked me over again and this is a look I know, it’s that just found out and seeing if I pass, if she can tell or if she can pick out my many faults and flaws.

“So you’re a trans woman?”

I nodded and took another sip of my tea.

Chris took a drink of her club soda and set it down and looked out to where others were dancing and then back at me.

“So do trans girls dance?”

She offered me her hand and took hers and she led me out to where everyone else was and we started to dance with the crowd.

*And Now…

*** Chris…

I wasn’t expecting Rose at all.

I wasn’t expecting to be really self forward with the things that she had said.

I wasn’t really expecting her to be a trans woman.

I know it’s pretty crappy but I have this whole image in my head of just what a trans person means well what a trans woman means and is and it’s always kind of been the too burly dude looking people in dresses and horrible make-up.

Or like those she-males that you see online with the sex ads like those ladyboys and stuff.

I know it’s really not likely what all of them are like or even most of them are like but it’s the image that I had going on in my head when I met Rose.

Instead she was truthful and forward and artistic and fun and when I had asked her out to dance with the others she was shy too at first and she was fun too.

And that honestly was both sort of shocking and cool.

I don’t know I was expecting a whole lot of things I think but having her there dancing with me and she could definitely dance was a lot of fun and I wasn’t the only person that thought so either.

This was her spot, her place sort of and she knew people here and through the rest of the night as we danced she introduced me to people, lots of people and she danced with everyone that asked once she was actually up and dancing and it didn’t seem to matter if they were guys or girls or both and neither….and there was a lot of those folks there.

She was just Rose to them.

I had a lot of drinks or I think that I might have would have if Rose hadn’t had me have some club soda with lime a couple of times and she well, well she stuck to her tea and the bartender guy didn’t even seemed like it was a wacky request or something.

We even went to the bathroom together and that was well.

Actually it was a total non-issue.

I think back and I think I was waiting for the sound of her peeing like maybe I could hear the distance or the height or something and there was nothing. And after that she fixed her outfit and she checked herself out in the mirror and touched up her hair some but not even a whole lot of make-up was being done by her….just enough, heck she actually made looking that good pretty easy.

I had more going on than Rose did.

And more than once I was checking her out actually checking her out. She looked great, a nice butt and she had these really nice breasts and I’m not going to pretend that I don’t look or that I don’t like looking at girls I’m just well not like a guy and catcalling or leering.

But she just was sort of well pretty amazing.

And biggest and oddest thing that turned me on and actually made me self-conscious was that when she wiped off her mouth to do her lipstick she actually brushed her teeth with one of those purse kit toothbrushes. Then she put fresh lipstick on and there I was feeling like I’d definitely have bad breath or something.

And we closed Rusty’s down too and that was actually cool since I’d never actually closed down a bar until last call before and while we left as a group and everything and talked and waited for cabs and smoked or vaped I had lost track of rose for a few minutes and she came back with her car.

It wasn’t fancy or anything an old Nissan with lots of body work done to it and more in need of being done and yet it ran and she offered drives home.

The car had these really neat seat covers that looked like those wall hanging tapestries but not like the real ones or the expensive ones but like those ones that my grandmother had hanging that she bought at the same furniture place that sold her the plastic thing for the carpet with the barbs that were on the bottom of it.

We packed in with eight of us in the car and we were literally on top of each other and the car was sitting really low and yeah it sure was illegal too and rose might have gotten if trouble if we were stopped but we didn’t get stopped and we even ended up going through the drive through at Burger King and McDonalds after a shouting match between those of us that wanted McDonalds and those that wanted “Meat!” “Burger!” and one of the guys were like “Fire good!” and he did that Tim Taylor grunt thing from the show Home Improvement.

And Rose compromised by going to both places and driving us around until after we ate it all in the car and we listened to music.

Right down to the stereotype kind of fun of playing Bohemian Rhapsody while cruising around at night.

Honestly I’d barely ever done that before. I wasn’t really all that out in high school and I was sort of just skirting the fringes of like the people that had fun a lot even if some of them were friends.

Doing it drunk or well really buzzed with food and tunes in an overstuff car full of people in Toronto was really all kinds of awesome.

And I was the last person that Rose dropped off home and it was like after four in the morning and she got out of the car with me and she walked me to my door and used a flashlight on her car keys so I could find mine.

“Thanks.” I smiled at her.

“No problem, I do that all the time myself.”

“I had a really fun time.”

“So did I, it was really nice meeting you Chris.”

“Just nice?” and I remember thinking where the shit did that come from?

“More than nice, it was a really good night for me.”

She was sort of back to being shy again and I bit my lip and just could almost feel her holding back and not letting this be whatever it might be because of something…?

I took out my smokes and ripped off the top cardboard tab and I got a pen and I wrote down my number and my e-mail and my Facebook for her and Then I stepped over and I kissed her on the cheek as I slipped the notes into her hand and she smelled good.

She didn’t smell like a guy even under the make-up smells and deodorant and perfume she was wearing.

Our fingertips sort of fumbled and played sliding touching teasing tag with each other as I gave her my info and I stepped away blushing myself and opening the door and turning the outside light on for her.

“Call me or e-mail me or something maybe? I really wouldn’t mind doing this again.”

Rose nodded and she gave me this sort of shy smile but a really great smile at the same time. It was like one of those really genuine ones and she took my information and she put it in her bra which was like all so very…hooo….that’s not padding…and she did it while looking at me with some whisps of that really rawr-red dangling in her eyes and she sort of bit her lip a little with the end of that smile as she sort of walked backwards a little bit.

“I’ll do that, I really had a good time Chris.”

She went to her car and opened the door and she looked at me and I looked at her and she said loud enough for me to hear her from over there.

“Chris?”

“Yeah…?”

“Thanks…”

She got in the car and she drove off and I just sort of stood there with this sort of kind of ache going on because that thanks…it just sounded on the edge of stuff grateful.

God that feeling when you think you have a crush on someone maybe and they’re kind of maybe hurting and you don’t know them well enough that it just sucks.

up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

drawing together

I eagerly await where you are going with the two fast friends, there's strong magnetism between them that is starting to draw them together. Hopefully it won't be long before this magnetism becomes love.

Bailey, you really have a way with stories. IMHO you now have three amazing ongoing love stories that deserve reads. Nicely written and tugs at your heart in all the right places.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Yeah, major suckage.......

D. Eden's picture

When you get that feeling that someone you think you could really, really like has some serious hidden pain going on, and you just don't know them enough to be sure - or to do anything to help.......

Yep, been there. And yeah, it hurts down deep inside when you see that look and you can't do anything about it. You can't do anything except be the best person you can, and he that it's not too little, too late. Hope that you gave a chance to get to know them and get a chance to help carry their burdens, even if only for a short time.

Needing to help and not being able to......

Yeah, it sucks.

I missed the first chapter of this when it came out Bailey, so I had to go back and start at the beginning tonight. It was so worth it Hon.

I know there's a lot of people out there that just don't understand that gender and sexual identity are not the same, and have some kind of idea that transgender girls are just gay men who can't admit they're gay - or just the opposite, the feminists who believe it's all about men trying to invade the ladies room or some such horse shit. Me, well, I've know since college that I am bi - kind of, lol.

The best way to describe me is to borrow a phrase you wrote in Sweet Dreams. I can't remember the exact chapter, but Hunter says that she is "Alexsexual", meaning that she is attracted to Alex rather than being attracted to men. I'm kind of the same way. I am attracted to specific people, some male and some female. What matters most is the person, and not their sex. What attracts me is their personality, their soul if you will.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

A sweet start

Looking forward to seeing where you take it.

slow build up

but looks like both of them need that. good one, thanks

Totally flashing back to my

Totally flashing back to my twenties with this one. Any given weekend would have found me in similar circumstance lol

*big hugs*
Jenna