Tammy's Summer Diary - Part 11 "Wedding Day Blues"

Printer-friendly version
Tamara's Summer Diary - A Tamara's Tale Interlude

 

Friday 21st August

I've managed to find five minutes to write up the morning so far. It's been pretty much a blur of hair, make-up and frocks, poor Dave is the only male in a cottage with five ladies, two of whom are the brides.

Suzie's been asked the be a bridesmaid as well, so that meant there was a dash into Truro yesterday afternoon to buy her the same dress as I had, only we couldn't. So, I now have a different frock as well, one of those dresses that uses magic or something to stay up, I keep wondering if it'll appear around my ankles if I do anything too hard or too fast. I can't wear a bra with it either, so much for the new undies.

We were all up just after six to get through the showers, Linda and Sue arrived at eight and started a production line, some how by ten they were done, but Sue stayed in case any touching up was needed. Jo joined us when she was ready and tutted at the mess that was being created.

There was an unspoken rule that any work related discussion was, sensibly, unspoken if there were any guests or visitors. I wanted to ask Jenny a few questions but we didn't have the time or the space so those will have to remain unanswered.

Dave eventually went out, he was ready in about ten minutes and couldn't cope with all the oestrogen in the air. He was back twenty minutes later with a newspaper and looking a little more relaxed as he headed straight out to the garden.

Sophie was wearing her Police dress uniform, with trousers, and looked really smart. She had a cap but didn't look as if it would be worn. Her make-up was subtle, her hair simple but Linda had managed to tease it enough so there was no doubt Sophie was all girl.

Heather was a picture in white, she oozed femininity and I could see that look on her face, the silly look that says she couldn't quite believe this day would ever come. I challenged anyone to wipe that smile off, at great personal risk.

By ten thirty the wedding cars were outside. It seemed stupid for Sophie and Heather to travel separately, and which of them would be traditionally late? Suzie and I were in the second vehicle and the other three followed up with a third, Dave was borrowing Heather's car. The chauffeurs were immaculate, the cars were spotless white Jaguars, the sun was shining but it wasn't too hot. It was a perfect day, in every sense.

***

At ten forty five we were off, by now a few of the street's residents had come to see what was going on. I've got to recognise some of the neighbours but many just ignored the girls, not that Sophie was around much.

It was under a ten minute run to the registry office in Pool and there were plenty of folk milling around already. Dave started introducing Emily to me, who was also in uniform and I saw DI Kevin Edmunds, although he was in a suit. As predicted there was one local police car in the carpark, which left soon after.

Daniel saw me and walked over, earning himself a kiss. He looked really smart, in a way that eighteen year old boys could be smart if they tried. Of course no-one had briefed Kevin so he went to call me Tammy, fortunately Daniel didn't hear and Dave intervened, was he acting as my guardian?

We all trotted into the registry office a minute or so before eleven, I now spotted Ahmed from the kebab shop, that was a surprise. DC Garston was also in the room, next to another police officer type.

The service was simple but it meant the world to Heather and Sophie. It went off exactly as planned with no interruptions or disasters, it really was a perfect day. Dave Brown gave both of them away and caused a few giggles when he handed Sophie a pair of handcuffs. In a rehearsed move she declined them and produced her own pair. The registrar plainly wasn't happy with the interruption but those present saw the joke.

By half past eleven the register had been signed and lots of photos were being taken although the registrar was trying to shoo us all out, presumably there was another wedding party due.

Finally we took the short walk across the carpark to the social club. It was still the wrong side of midday but that didn't stop the alcohol. We were greeted by a glass of pink champagne, although a few sensibly went for the orange juice alternative.

The room turned into a talking shop, with many old friendships rekindled. Daniel was uncomfortable as he knew very few there and was starting to realise how many police or establishment types were present. I did wonder about the sense in bringing him into this environment, but he didn't disgrace himself and stayed the perfect gentleman.

We sat down to eat at one and the toasts followed. Heather and Sophie declared their eternal love for eachother, commenting that it had only been a year since fate had thrown them together. I don't know the back story but it was clear that many there did. Emily and Jenny as the two managers said a piece but Emily caused a ripple of murmering when she said she was regretfully losing Sophie.

Next up was a gentleman who gave his title as Assistant Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall Constabulary. He offered Sophie the job as Detective Inspector for West Cornwall, Sophie accepted and that was that. Of course it wasn't really a secret that she'd applied or that her interview had been on Monday, but I thought it was a little unconventional for a job offer to be made at a wedding reception.

Emily came to see me once the party started and suggested to Daniel he refilled my glass at the bar. Her motive was that she had an envelope for me, in it were two firearms certificates issued by the Met Police, one was for Beccy, the other for Tammy. I tried to hand them back, I had no intention of trusting myself with a weapon on the streets of Redruth or Thurso. She said that wasn't her intention, this was to allow me to take guns out of the safe or gun cabinet, check ammo stocks, audit the weapons and anything else. Without those pieces of paper I couldn't do that, it was an administrative and legal matter and not operational.

That made sense, I knew there were guns in Heather's safe and I had to move them out of the way sometimes, what if I was the only one on the premises? She agreed and said I was now covered legally from prosecution in that regard. This had been covered in the course on Tuesday so now made sense.

Daniel was back so I slipped the envelope in my tiny bag. Suzie wanted to know what that was all about so we went to the loo. I put my finger to my lips and handed her the envelope as she went into the cubicle. Her hand was shaking when she gave it back, she hadn't expected this and to honest neither had I.

We were interrupted by a lady who took a look at us and asked if we were sisters. Admittedly we were in the same frock and our hair was very similar. Suzie had nearly freaked when she saw my newly dyed hair the previous day and snapped a few pics, what will mum say? For simplicity I said we were, she nodded and said she'd guessed, of course she was confused when Suzie spoke, her London accent being at odds with my Scottish brogue.

We skipped back into the function room where something strange was going on. The acting Inspector was talking to Dave and had two constables with him. There was no sign of Sophie, Emily or the ACC so I guessed they were in conference somewhere, Heather was also missing.

I could tell that Dave was not happy and slowly all attention was turning to them. I decided to intervene, moral support for Dave and I signalled to Suzie to find the others. Apparently we were creating a noise, we'd offended someone and there was a problem with the carpark. None of which was relevant.

I suggested to the acting Inspector he was just being a pompous bigot and perhaps he should crawl back into whichever hole he'd recently exited, interfering at the wedding of my friends was the not acceptable. I added that very soon he could return to his Sargeant's job. He lunged at me but I side stepped and he fell on the floor, at the feet of the ACC.

Of course we now commanded the attention of everyone in the room, Sophie was irate and Heather was talking about him ruining their day. The ACC was a little more proactive and arrested him for common assault, instructing the constables to take their former inspector away. Sophie was asked if she could start on Monday instead of a month hence as the post was suddenly free.

Emily negotiated and suggested that the first of September would be the earliest she could release Sophie. That was accepted, and the party restarted, Heather though sat down and started to sob, her dream day destroyed by that nasty man.

Daniel was also really surprised, I don't think he would have expected me to stand up to authority like that so he now stuck to me like a limpet. A decision was taken to finish the reception early, Heather and Sophie went off to Penzance in one of the Jaguars, to spend the night in a hotel. Dave hadn't been drinking so he drove four of us back to the cottage where, unfortunately, I had to give a statement. Two in a week could be considered a little careless, Daniel was with me on the sofa, I didn't have the heart to send him away.

We'd spotted Martin Harris lurking in the carpark but he made no attempt to come into the reception, he also didn't come to the cottage.

Eventually Dave and Suzie took Jenny to the airport, Jo went home to change and I took Daniel to my bed.

Sunday 23rd August

I spent most of yesterday reflecting on my decision to give myself away, it was not planned but it felt right. Of course I was sore and that called for a salt bath and some soul searching, Suzie had come into our room and went through a whole set of emotions before suggesting Daniel went home. Was it worse to question my decision or to have to justify it afterwards, how can you rationalise that?

I didn't venture out at all, Suzie and I spent the day working on the Martin Gore issue and making very little headway, although it felt awkward between us, she wouldn't tell me whether she'd phone mum or not. What was worst, had she called Angela?

I hadn't felt ashamed, used or abused but I felt that that's how everyone would treat me. I was wretched, pitiful and not good company, but I was absolutely not ashamed.

We had a BBQ invite today and that was fun. It seems most of the gang knew about my deflowering but there was no way there would be a repeat, even if Sue did offer her room. Daniel's smug grin told the story to anyone who hadn't already heard, although my encounter with the acting Inspector was also being promoted so the Wonder Woman tag was back. My street cred was going stratospheric!

Suzie enjoyed herself, Pete had an older unattached brother and she hooked up with him for the afternoon. A storm appeared and that closed the party so we relocated to the pub for an hour. There was lots of cuddling but Suzie and I walked back to the cottage without our boys. Heather and Sophie were due back in the morning so only Dave was there, we grabbed a sandwich and a video before heading up.

With Jenny gone the two of us were back in separate rooms so that made things a little easier. Tomorrow we head back to Scotland, in so many ways, I'm not the same girl who came South.

beccy's sig

Author's note: Tammy's Summer Diary ends with the next chapter

up
369 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

WOW!!!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

The whirlwind doesn't slow down for a second. Well Tammy's experienced now, wonder how that will continue to sit with her.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Dear me!

Could she not wait to find someone worthwhile?

Thank you Shiraz,

What a delightful old English term ,"Deflowering" ,a virgin no more !Something that had to happen and the younger
generation see it as a "rite of passage" these days ,we do live in a changing world,whether we like it or not.

ALISON

her first time?

wow, didn't see that coming

DogSig.png

A Shit-Eating Grin

joannebarbarella's picture

I can just imagine Daniel's expression! Tammy/Beccy.....for someone NOT looking, you just fell into bed with your legs apart. At least you can't get preggers!

SRS makes you feel more comfortable,

and confident. Many people will not get it, but many need it to be comfortable with themselves finally. It is physical proof they can't change you back. It sounds odd, but it contributed to my dysphoria, and helped relieve it afterwards. It took me a while to figure this out after the surgery, as with many things on my path.

There are many fewer complications for Tammy having her first affair where it will not come back on her. I just hope she had fun, as I understand it can take a while to learn to truly enjoy the new configuration.

True self revealed

Jamie Lee's picture

No matter the job, there is no job which panics more than a wedding, with everyone wanting it to be perfect. And their's was, at the start, but an AH police officer forgot to check his personal feelings the moment he put on the uniform. And since he was the mucky muck on high, he thought he could trump up a complaint to get the undesirables out of that area.

Dave could have put the dope on hold and made one phone call and the twit would have been history. But that would have begged others how Dave could do something like that.

No, our heroine stepped up as the niece to one go the brides and made the twit look like a jackass by trying to grab a girl who only gave him a tongue lashing. Fortunately the jackass didn't know his boss was in attendance and because if his illegal actions, he now gets a new address and clothing style. Amazing how things work out when the twit's are ignorant.

Was it right for Tammy to finally experience being a woman with a man? Suzie didn't think so, but each has to make such a decision. Tammy's description of Daniel at the BBQ, left no doubt his only intent with Becca was what they did after the wedding reception. Had his intent been more, he wouldn't have acted any differently than he had around Becca at other times. A short, four legged farm animal, with a snout and curly tail comes to mind when referencing Daniel. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Tammy should know by now that she will be getting things she doesn't want whether or not she agrees. Those licenses had to be given to comply with the law, and in case something more is needed; Tammy doesn't see this at the moment.

Others have feelings too.