Shadowsblade weekend shopping

Printer-friendly version

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without!

In this part:

Rohanna goes shopping and bloody Boston is the place! Heads will roll and the blood will flow!

this part has allot of fighting in it, you have been warned!

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box that changes him into a Drow (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the sudden change. Then all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has the 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with, all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

Shadowsblade here.

this story is the original, the first one I did.

I reedited it and added it to here, You may have read it on fictionmania. But I have added some to this story and edited and cleaned it up a bit so you might want to try it again?

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Saturday February 17 5:20 am
Whateley Academy - Poe cottage

I walk out of Doyle to greet the sun coming up and a great day to come! I now feel totally relaxed now, that I got that need.....to wreck something out of my system!

With a thought. I port to Poe's door, walk in and then scoot down the hallway to my door. Once in my room, I strip as fast as I can, get my robe on and I am off to the showers.

As I stroll into the showers, I see Rip is there just finishing up with her morning routine.

"Heya Rip!" I sing out to her "Up early on a Saturday?"

"Yeppers! got stuff to do in Berlin!" she sings to me, while brushing out her hair in the mirror.

I start to get ready to hop in the shower then remember, that bandage is still on my back. I walk over to the mirrors so I can see it better and get it off. As I am trying at it and it's on a spot I can't seem to get too! Rip notices my little issue.

"Hey you got hurt?" she asks, with more than a little concern in her voice for me.

"Ya" I near sass "I got popped last night in the sim's. A bullet found a seam in my armor and bang. But you know, little things like this happen?"

"Ya got shot! In a sim? That's nuts. They should not have used real ammo on a first timer! You might have got killed!" she yelps at me. Now she is even more alarmed for me.

"It happens, I asked for it to be rough....so they gave it to me? But can you take this off me? As I am sure it's healed up by now?"

"Sure? If you think I should?"

"Please?"

She then comes over to me and carefully takes up one edge of the bandage. As she does, I wince a little...as its still raw. She sees that 'wince' of mine and stops.

"Hey this is hurting ya?"

"I am fine....just still healing up a little. Please get it all off? As I have to shower up after that sim run."

She finally, takes it all off and looks at the wound on my back for some time and she presses her fingers all over it and checks the wound out for me.

"It looks all sealed up....but its still a little....hummm? off in color? As you really don't show...redness?" she questions me.

"Ya I am a weird color" I laugh "But it should be just a shade lighter and more purple while it heals. Then it fades?" I state back to her how my skin looks, or should look in this case.

"Yep, that's what I see now. But man you got blasted! This is a large wound?"

"It was small, the Doc had to open it up to get the bullet out. As it was stuck in my ribs."

"Ohhch!" she cringes at me.

"But thanks Rip! I needed that," I say as I hop into the shower.

Once I am done with that quick shower, I get all dried off and start to brush out my hair. Then after I am decently cleaned up. I head back to my room, pull on a set of yoga pants and a T-shirt. Then hopped real quick downstairs to Sara's door and knock.

I feel her open the door, as its wards change and she peers out at me "Well you're back!" she purrs.

She then quickly opens the door and drags me in as...I yelp in surprise!...'boy she can move fast, when she wants to' I note mentally.

After I get in the room, one of her tentacles slams the door closed. As she wraps me in a deep hug. I sigh out as she does, then note with a sideways glance. That Rosalyn is still on the bed and She is 'out' to the world. But there is a definite look, of pure contentment on her face.

"Well? did you have fun?" Sara asks in a lustful tone.

I near yell out like an ecstatic kid, that just got back from Disneyland. As I bounce up and down in glee "YES!..I was lucky...I got time actually in a sim of my own in that building! I had a run of over an hour and just ripped that place apart! I loved every second of it! I have to go back as much as I can!"

She says to me, smiling herself "I can tell...I mean look at the smile on your face! You look like you just won the lottery!"

"So when are we going?.....to Boston that is?" I ask.

Sara starts to wag a finger in my face playfully "Donna's going to be here early at Seven. So that, we are at Boston on time....FOR ALL THOSE LOVELY STORES TO OPEN...they won't know what hit them!" she cackles in glee! "AND I mean Seven sharp! She should probably be actually here at Six Thirty, she's that kind of a person."

"Great!...."

"I looked at the weather for us, so its getting a little warmer. Even though, I know you don't care. But we don't want to be driving there in a blizzard."

"Well that's good, at least we will get a good drive in. So what's the general plan?" I ask.

"Well?" she says as she lets go of me, to sit back on the bed "We will probably hit Boston at the speed Donna drives!...by Ten AM...Then buy everything in sight is the general plan!" she giggles out.

"So what should I bring?"

"Ahhh..get out of that workout stuff..and get in your jeans and a t-shirt. Then we will buy WAY more stuff from there?"

I wink at her "I love that 'WE'...You really mean me! AND lets not buy all sexy stuff? AS I know that's what you're after!"

She growls at me and pulls me on the bed "You're right!" she says, then starts giving me yet another deep hug, followed by a long kiss.

I lean back up and ask her "So do you want to do anything right now?"

She near pushed me off the bed and sasses back at me "Donna's going to be here in an hour. So go get ready."

"Hey I already took a shower, I am halfway done!" I sass, back to her.

"Well...then, why don't you go make sure Gwen's up and ready?"

"Yep I got it!" I give her a kiss on the cheek and I am off out the door.

Up the stairs my legs bound, almost in one leap. Then scoot down the hallway to Gwen's room. As I get there, I see her door is open just a crack. I knock softly and peer in.... to see her roomie is just getting ready for a shower. Once in the room, I find in the corner. Gwen is still on her bed FAST asleep and she is all curled up in a ball.

I nod to her roomie and shush her. "Awww how cute!" I whisper "I have to fix this!"

I may have been here for only a few days, but have already heard rumors that Gwen is a real trickster!....'Well!' I think 'I should put that idea out of her mind..her tricking me...now!' mumuahhaha!

I creep over to her bed as quietly as I can. Then slowly slip my arms under her whole mattress, really, really, gently and lift the whole mattress off the bed. Her roommate is getting on with I am doing. 'I am going to have a little fun.' She starts to stifle a snicker, as I step back from the bed. I got it just level just enough, so she does not notice. I port outside really quick, to an area that should be quite busy even on this Saturday morning! IN FRONT of crystal hall!

And since she's done a couple of ports with me already, she did not feel that. I watch her, as she kinda squirms around for a second or so outside in the cold air. There is a light dusting, barley any snow coming down. I stand there for a while and wait to see how long before, she figures out she's outside. I was thinking to lay her mattress on the ground? But it would get wet and I don't want that to happen.

Gwen, she starts curling up more and more into a small ball to keep warm. Then she reaches to her feet to grab at a nonexistent comforter, that was laying at her feet. I smile as other kids pass me, to walk into crystal and get breakfast. All of them are trying REAL hard not to laugh and keep the joke going. She starts to notice 'ITS COLD OUT' ...she rolls over to grab that cover, that was at her bedside.

I smile at her face, as she tries "Good morning!" YELL OUT!

"EKKKK!" she screams out...."WHAT! are we doing here." She barks at me, while her head spins about. She now notices, we are in the middle of the Quad by Crystal hall and a couple people are passing by us, are snickering at her. Then She looks down, to see that I am holding her up on her bed.

She looks at me more than cross "What are we doing outside?" Then she bops me on the head.

"Oooch! Well I was here to get you up sleepy. We got to get you UP! and get some food. Heck I might just go get some food without you now?"

"I'll be up in ten minutes! All I need to do is to dress and other small stuff. NOW! Put me back in my room will you!" Gwen yelps in a very sassy voice at me.

I smile evilly at her "That sounded like an order...you know? I could be a real, real bad person. AND just drop you and this mattress. Right here on the pavement. Then let you figure out how to get all this stuff, back to your room?"

She near hisses back at me "You wouldn't?"

I glare at her, deep in her eyes "You daring me? OR are you thinking of daring me?"

"NO!.no..no..no I wouldn't dare you. Please take me back to my room?" she begs me.

"Okay!" I say as I port back to her room. Then I go to put her down gently and at the last second. I TOSS her mattress and HER on to the bed frame.

She lands with a THUMP!, jumps up and screams at me "YOU!" and tosses one of her glamour filled Pixies at me.

It hits me and I know its supposed to be like a LSD trip. But I shake it off with little effect. Then glare at her, as I shake my head "Really? a glamour....of yours?" laugh at her "if Sara can't bust through my freaking shields....you think you can?"

I turn around to see her roommate twiziling around the room, saying something about orange ponies and other strange things. Obviously the glamour filled Pixie, bounced off me and filled the room up!

I start out the door, laughing "You might want to help her out... you... you smacked her pretty good with that one...she is going to be dizzy for ten or fifteen minutes I'm sure!" Gwen, she next throws a pillow at me in reply!

I dodge it with ease "A pillow? come on! You can think of a better weapon than that?!" I play with her.

So she snatches up a slipper and tosses it at me. I catch it easy and toss it back at her. I watch it bonk her on the head, as I slam her door.

I walk back over to my room. Within a few minutes of getting back in my room, I have all my stuff on...'what I own so far!'....just one of my shirts and a pair of blue jeans. As I leave my room once again, to get Gwen on track. I see Rosalyn trudging up the stairs.... TIRED!

"Rough night?" I ask her playfully.

She looks at me, with a smile on her face "Yes and I loved every second of it"
and before she gives me a kiss, she looks at the indicator in the wall. Just to make sure its a green light, then she gives me a little peck.

"Well I am going to go get breakfast."

"If I can get ready fast enough? You want me to catch up?

"Don't you want to shower, after all that....ahhh fun last night?"

She ponders it "Yea?"

"You go get a shower, I'll stand by the door and then I'll show you little trick that Gwen showed me."

"Okay!" she yelps and she runs upstairs to get her stuff "Well come up here stupid! I am not going to shower on your floor!" then she is off again.

I jumped up the stairs, toward her room. As I get there I see her shoot down the hallway to the bathroom. As she goes, her robe is flapping around and giving quite the show! I go and stand there in the doorway waiting for her to come out, like I said.

As I watch her go into a shower I tell her "Don't worry about drying yourself, just walk out of the shower and tell me when you're ready?"

While I am standing there, Angel comes out of her shower. The look of her with those wet wings! I stifle a giggle, but she hears it and tosses me the 'dagger stare of DEATH!' Then I watch her go over to an array of dryers on the wall and it starts blowing on her. I can see she hates it, but you do, what you have to do? So to make up, I toss a 'dry spell' on her and she finds...she is done.

"What? who or what did that?" she asks.

"I did...sorry?" I giggled "You just looked like my parakeet, after a bath is all?"

She walks over to me and gives me a hug "Thanks? Can you teach me that?"

"Are you a mage?"

She shakes her head to me.

"Well I guess....that would be a no? I can't teach that to a null."

As I stand there, with a more than naked Angel hugging me. Rosalyn comes out of her shower and glares at me. I see how this looks....ohh shit! But I Whack her with a 'dry spell' and she is all done.

The glare of anger, leaves her face and changes to one of surprise "Hey I am all dry and my hair too? Ohhh this tooo! cool! I have to figure out how to do this!"

I look at her, as Angel lets go of me. Then shake my head "Sorry it's not your cards to learn magic, it would take you probably a decade to get any magic. But if you studied real hard? You might be able to get it down five years, but most humans that they are not inclined that way....they never get it."

She grabs her towel and leans to Angel "She is mine....but I can share her, if you want?" all she gets back, is blush from Angel.

Rosalyn then scoots down the hallway, shoots into her room and starts tossing on clothes like mad. I stand in her door and say "tick tock..tick tock..tick..tock!" while I fake looking at a watch.

I see, that she skips some steps to get ready faster and walks out into the hallway. Once she is all set, we go downstairs to find, Gwen is just groggily walking out of her room. She stifles a yawn at me, then walks down the hallway and] out on the front porch.

As Gwen starts walking out into the cold air and starts shivering. Gwen stares at me "Well? where is the spell?" and keeps on shivering.

"I was waiting for you to wake up a little bit more? I was hoping that the cold air, smacking you in the face....would do that?"

Rosalyn Snickers a little bit and I whack them both with a warmth spell. Then I take hold of both of their shoulders and port over to Crystal Hall. As we all walk into Crystal and get in line...a short line today luckily.....as its Saturday...So there's not too many people trudging in this early in the morning.

I am drooling over the whole lineup for breakfast. I start to thinking 'this is the first time I have sat down at breakfast in a while?' I think about it more 'I actually missed breakfast for two or three days in a row now! Gaea I have been too busy!'

As I look over all the food I say out "Gaea! I would love, to be able to eat bacon again...I miss that taste!"

"What? Why Ro...I don't get it. I have seen elves eating meat once and a awhile. They don't like it..but they can eat it?" Rosalyn asks me.

Gwen waves a piece of melon at Roz, that she is nibbling on "Nope! Rohanna can't eat meat at all."

"Why?" she asks again, as Gwen nibbles more.

"Ahhh the last time she tried...she blew chunks. AND that was with one bite!"

"Roz I am the same species of Sidhe as Gwen...but, I am built different. Way different ...Remember?....The best..Drow magic can make!" I boast.

Breakfast is going pretty good. As we all sit in our regular spot, chat and eat.
I see Sara skittering around downstairs, I watch as she grabs up what she is going to eat and then she drags the whole mess upstairs to our table and sits down.

Rosalyn, shakes her head "I'm not gonna watch this....it's...its just one thing that I don't do."

I leer at Rosalyn and smile with a cheesy, toothy grin in her direction "Weak stomach do we?"

She blurts out "kinda?"

"You want to date me? AND you have a weak stomach?" I ask, playfully.

"WELL! I don't expect you to be dragging dead stuff home!"

I say "Well?"

She shakes her head at me "Don't even think about doing anything weird. Then bringing it back to my room or yours!"

Gwen's is just snickering at both of us, as Sara turns an old dog and a couple of cats into dust. Then she goes down to put the cages away.

I look at what she just did... to think to myself 'I just hope, she doesn't go bad. I hope that my instincts....my first instincts, they...said to slay her the second, I saw her. BUT! my brain and my heart... said don't?'

After some more chatting and eating. Sara gets up and says "We had better wait at Poe, incase Donna is early?"

We all agree...that sounds fine and get up to leave. I port, the pack of us back to Poe's porch. As we walk in Sara tells me "I am going to wait, in the sunroom for Donna to come?"

"Fine with me. Let me just go get that laptop and you all can run me through more of it while we wait?" I ask the group. I get nods, all around in reply.

Over to my room I go and retrieve my laptop, then back out to the sunroom and I plop down there on the carpet. Gwen and Rosalyn start showing me more stuff on how it worked. They walk me through a word processor and all the other little accessories on it for the next half an hour or so.

After sometime, I hear the main door to Poe opens up, so I look up. My eyes watch as the green light turns to red and Sara jumps up to run down the hallway to the door. As that 'red light' told us a Non-Poe person was on the floor. I watch as she runs over to Donna, who is just coming in the door and Sara wraps her up in a hug and a kiss.

As Sara is giving that little kiss, Mrs. Horton is eyeballing her and Sara gives her a wink. Then the light goes back to a normal green, because obviously Donna knows that there is something going on in the cottage. Sara drags Donna from the door to the sunroom and sits her down on the couch. Then the both of them get real close for a few and reacquaint each other a little.

After they are done finally, Donna says to us, "Well its barley Six-thirty. But I'm here, I said I would be here before Seven! So lets get this going?" Then she stands up, with a bounce.

I take that as a cue. That we are off and get up so that I can put that laptop away. As I drop the laptop in its carry bag, Donna comes up behind me and wraps me in a hug.

After she is done, she spins me around and then holds me out by the shoulders to look me over "So you look fine? How's the first week here been so far?" she asks me.

"I am putting up with it all so far...I am liking it so far too? A little problem here and there. But so far so good! I think....I think, I can stay with this?" I say, with a little shade of doubt in my voice.

"I hope so?" she tells me "You really need to stay here. You need to get acclimated and this is the place for that. As you just running out into the world? You're going to have problems I think?"

Gwen then teases me "She can't even work a remote control for the TV yet!"

I sneer at her "Yes I can!"

"NO! you can't. Not for the plasma?" she giggles at me.

"Plasma?" I question her "I have not seen the plasma yet! Whatever the hell that is?"

She giggles at me, then she points at the wall next to us.

"The picture frame?"

Sara starts laughing at me to then say "That's not a picture frame...stupid. That's a TV!"

I go to touch it and ask "What do you mean by plasma? As that's a form of light?"

"Its called that because, that is what is in the picture tube of the TV or its panel" Sara informs me.

I ponder it awhile, to finally bark out "Another thing to look up on the net! damn it!" then I turn to Donna "We are stopping by an electronic store today!"

Donna giggles at me "So that's, going to the LAST vestige of your maleness leaving...before it dies?....Is going to an electronics store?"

I shout back "Damn right!....Unless we find a fantastically fun motorcycle shop?"

She glares at me, only like a mother can do "A motorcycle in a snowstorm? Are you crazy?"

"YA? and?" I sass back.

"You would ge...."

"Get hurt?...you where going to say... I don't feel weather effects. I am an exemplar four and a regen five? If I hit a wall at One hundred miles and hour. I could, shake all my broken bones back together and be healed up by the end of the day? Plus, I love to ride bikes...I always have!"

"Your money?" she says as she shakes her head. Then she looks around at all of us "Well?... you all packed and ready to go?"

Gwen steps up "Well I got everything I need. As long as Rohanna has got a credit card, that's all I need!"

I glare at her "SO! I guess that means TODAY is on me?"

"Well of course? You're buying all your stuff. Then you're going to be buying lunch!" she says to me and starts walking toward the door.

"CRAP!.. lunch for two sidhe and a human! That will be couple hundred bucks EASY!"

Donna Snickers at me "Yeah and we are not going to go to a cheap restaurant! If you feed me....you do it right!" then she follows Gwen out the door.

Sara shakes her head and starts walking out the door after them both.

I joke at Sara's back as she is walking out "We can always stop by a pet shop or a kennel for you!"

She turns around to me "I might make you do that!"

"Ahhh come on?" I hiss out.

She just laughs at me and keeps on walking out. I bring up the rear, as I close all the doors to Poe behind us all. I hit them all with a warmth spell. Just as Donna is putting on her coat. I stifle a giggle, as we all watch to see how long it takes her to notice its not cold out....suddenly! Finally Sara explains it to her as they hug on the walk to Donna's car at Schuster.

Once we get to Schuster's small lot, I see Donna's car. All I can do is say "WOW! I have not seen many cars yet?" I say as I walk around it "They don't park too many on campus."

Sara asks her "Looks like, you got a new car since last time?"

"Yep, picked up two weeks ago...745 I series BMW brand-new"

"Nice... a Beamer! NICE! When I was around these cars looked like shit!....Can I drive!?" I ask more than hoping.

"Hell no! It's brand-new and your fifteen years old...you don't have a drivers license."

Sara says in my defense "Yes she does!"

Donna mulls over that for a second.

"Yeah that's right. I know what you're thinking? I was a thirty year old guy and I obviously knew how to drive a car. THEN.....I know damn well, I can drive this thing better than you do. Even though I have not touched one, in forever."

As we are near arguing, Gwen opens up the door and then slides in the backseat really quick.

I'm am still looking at Donna for my answer. "No you're not driving!" is what I finally get.

"Shoot!" I yell....Then I go and jump in the backseat with Gwen.

Gwen gawks at me as I do. Then Sara asks me, as she opens the passenger door "Why don't you sit in the front seat, you're so tall?"

"Nope..just slide your seat forward a little, so you can sit next to Donna at least."

She tilts her head at me and smiles "Thanks!"

"No problem...You two don't see each other so much.... now. So see each other damn it!" I giggle at them.

Once we are all set, Donna starts us off toward Boston. Sara and her are talking up front, as Gwen and me sit in the back and we are going over the laptop even more on the way. I have to learn this silly thing. As week after next, I have to use it for each class for my work!

As we get nearer to town, Donna looks into the mirror and asks me a few questions while driving. "So Ro...tell me more about this first week?"

"Well...for some reason Mrs. Horton gave me a single room? I don't get why? But she said 'I will need it?'... Then I got some other more private stuff done..." saying that, earns a look over the shoulder from Sara "Also I got all the MID's done...thank Gaea, no more lab rat for a little. Ohh I kind of made up with Aunghadhail...for now." I ponder a little "I got in a cool run in, the Sim's last night! I got nicked a little during it...but I am fine, its near healed."

Sara near spins around fully in the seat, to look at me....this spin is far from normal....as a person with a spine can't do that! "WHAT! you got hurt?" she asks me.

"Ya a bullet got past a seam in my armor...its nothing?"

"Nothing?...getting hurt during a sim run, with a bullet!.....is not nothing!" I can hear her anger in her voice.

"Hey I am fine? Please..don't worry about it?...." Sara relents and turns back around "But any way...I am so far, liking the place...I still have to find everything out about it?"

Sara starts laughing it up "You forgot that little trouble you got into and had to do time, cleaning up Puppets room?"

"Ya...But cleaning up in her room was fun...I like her. I could have done without that small fight in the basement thou...woof! that smell!"

Donna looks over to Sara "Fight? What fight?" Then she looks at me, via the mirror "Are you in trouble for that?"

"No..." I say flatly.

Sara breaks in "Don't ask...its nothing." she warns.

We sit in silence for a little more after that statement....then Donna suddenly looks at me in the mirror "Ahh Rohanna? How are you?....going to fit in today?"

"Ohhh I had better put that on!" and I start reaching out into my 'storage' in the ether. To pull out my illusion charm.

"What's that?" Donna asks.

"I made an illusion charm, so I look like a 'normal' human teen. With this on...I can 'blend' in today, as we go shopping."

Sara sasses at me "Yep she will blend...like a prom queen! Yeech!"

"Hey...I have to do something?" I start to tear up a bit.

Gwen sees that and gives me a hug for it. Sara hears my voice change in tone, to one of near sad and turns around to me "Hey I am sorry...I forget sometimes. I look normal enough to pass...and others..." she sits back down "But soon enough...things will change."

I nod to her...."Soon.... to us, a few hundred years...is soon?"

Gwen helps me get the necklace all clasped and looking good. Donna sees the change in her mirror "Hey...now, that's neat ...and you look cute! Heck you might have to swat the boys off on this trip!"

"Ohhh I will SWAT them alright." Sara warns.

"But Donna? How's Bill....my fav nurse...guy?" I question her.

"Bill's fine...doing good. He worries about you?"

"Well please tell him, I am fine." ....'Even when I am not 'fine' That darn book and the Geas on me keeps me from saying other!' ...'GODS I hate that book!' my mind thinks.

"Genuinely he's really concerned about you. He wants to make sure you're getting good care. Because he knows you're having problems."

"I am dealing with it. They have me seeing the doctor on campus. He's okay.... once in a while, he presses issues and I asked him to stop. But he just keeps carrying on..."

Sara interrupts me "Doctor Bellows is good at what he does. You just have to listen to him."

"Sara once in a while, he presses a little bit too hard. I asked him to stop on a subject four times. I almost had to leave the room."

I had a talk with him last night and he will not be doing that anymore with you."

"What?"

"Remember? I went to his office yesterday? He called me into his office. We talked about your little compulsions, Being ordered about, us asking too many questions of you. So he will take a softer touch with you, from now out. As it's obvious to us.... that its hitting you hard and you bulk up your shields even more."

I sit there pondering, what she just said. I near mumble to myself "Yah xsa'us voiry Usstan daewl Usstan gumash tesso mina."
(God damned book, I wish I could tell them)

Sara asks "What?"

"Don't worry about it." I say flatly.

I'm looking out the window. Thinking about what this doctor's been after in my head. I say softly "vel'bol shlu'ta nindel suingmc rivvil tlu p'luin" (what can that silly human be after?)

Donna gets my thoughts back into here and the car "Bill was thinking about coming down this week. But he thought to give you more time, to get more acclimated to the school. Before he starts interrupting your day."

I hop up a little to look at her via the mirror "Please tell him to come down anytime! It does not matter...he does not have to worry about interrupting my day. I like to see him come by once in a while. I feel better, when I see him!"

"Its just...He genuinely thinks that, he reminds you of that stupid building?" Donna adds.

"Please tell him...he does not. He can show up anytime he wants to. If he is worried about driving too far, tell me. If he wants to see me I will port up there and we can port somewhere else. Then have dinner or something? What ever he wants to do?"

Sara sasses at me "You sweet on Bill?"

"NO!....he just understands....me."

"Hummm? how? If I can ask?"

"uk zhahus natha t'larryo sarol. saph Usstan tlun nin, jhal uk aslu alur" I mumble out. (he was a broken weapon. like I am now, but he got better)

Sara just nods her head and remembers my words. As she will ask Aung, what I just said. As its best not to press me...she can feel, I am annoyed at best.

Donna peeps up a little bit, more cheerfully "I will tell him that for sure." Then
she gets a little gruff in her voice "I hate to tell you this? But Dr. Otto's getting a little bit 'antsy'. He is going to want more tests soon. But on a happier note. Allot of the research facilities, have been going through your documents, all your paperwork and on your lab results so far. The money has just been ROLLING into your account. ARC has been charging everybody an arm and a leg, just to look at your stuff. Then since Whateley did the medical exams in your MID tests, to get you into the school. They have even more, for comparison with that done. ....BUT I am telling you right now. Expect Otto will be banging on your cage, in a couple weeks or less. To get you to back up there for even more testing."

I grumble some more and start cursing in Drow "Nind ssinssrin uns'aa ulu tlu natha vith'ez lab jor 'sohna SHU!"
(They want me to be a fucking lab rat again SHIT!)

Gwen starts giggling on.... "Well there she goes again? Saying stuff in a language, none of us understand."

Sara chimes in "Ohhh not for long...I am starting to figure out how to understand it" She taps the side of her head "Remember I have a link to Nikki up here. I can ask her questions, then she asks Aunghadhail and I'm getting translations once in a while on that. So you grumbling and cursing in Drow. Isn't a private conversation, as it used to be."

I dwell on that statement of her's 'maybe I should tell Aung about not translating for anybody anymore?'

Then I lean to Sara's ear "Sara I think, I should tell Aunghadhail not to translate for you anymore. So that if you genuinely want to know, what I'm saying? Maybe you should just learn it?"

She starts to ask me "So you're chall..."

"Yeah I'm challenging you, to figure out how to talk in the same language I am. I know you're never really going to get it down pat. But at least give it a shot, you learn quick."

"Is there even a book, on how to speak Drow?"

"NO...not really? I have got some books for you to read through. But you're going to have to translate them from Sidhe. I know that sounds hard, you're going to have to learn how to speak Sidhe first and then pick up on the Drow as a sideline?"

When Gwen starts giggling at Sara's new predicament, I lean over to her and elbow her in the ribs hard. "Hey maybe! You should help her...AS! you can't string more than two lines of Sidhe together yourself! AND YOU ARE ONE!"

"Shoot....you're right. CRAP more homework!" Hummf! she sounds out.

I leer at Gwen "Speaking of homework? How about you show me that Plasma TV and other stuff?....Before we go shopping at an electronics store?"

"Cool beans! Good idea!"

Gwen near yanks my laptop from its bag and fires it up. After a few minutes, she is showing me more information on new age electronics. She goes over with me DVD's, MP3 players, CD's, Video tape, flat screens, and finally more computers. Then she runs me through the basics on how they work.

The stuff she is showing me is making my...old male self DROOL. Gaea.. I need to get into a store fast and BURN that credit card up! I am making a running mental list on what to buy!

"Hey Gwen? Pull up some info on new cars? I want to see what's out there."

As Gwen is working on the web to find some cool stuff to look at, Sara spins around and looks over her shoulder at me "So looking for a car already?" she asks.

"Naww...not too much? A motorcycle maybe?" I mused.

Gwen finally pulls up a page on Harley's. I see that and say to her "No..no..no cruiser bikes...If it does not go fast. I don't want it."

I watch as she looks for me "How about this?" she asks. While showing me a page for Kawasaki.

"They do make a good bike. But I liked that Ducati, you found a few days ago? Lets see that one again?"

Gwen finally finds it for me. "Humm?" I start to run down what is made out of "Carbon fiber, Lots of aluminum, Titanium. I know that metal...man that stuff was expensive back then!"

As I read it again...this time, I ask more questions. "What is carbon fiber?" I ask her.

"Ohhh its just...super tough fiberglass in a way. They make it like woven cloth and then mold it?....right Sara?" Gwen states to me.

"Yep that's it...basically?"

"Cool! So the only real large things on this bike, made of Iron or steel. Will be the brakes? Good, that will make it easier for me to ride."

"Ro you can get brakes made of carbon ceramic?"

"What?....Gwen help me look that up?" After she finds a page on it. I read into them....."Haaa brakes made out of dinner plates? Who would have thought!"

"But Rohanna? Why do you care about the iron in it? As its not true cold iron?" Sara asks me.

"Well...its just easier for me to ride on, with less iron.. weight wise? But I plan on using a spell to store it in the ether, like my swords are done now? AND less iron makes that WAY easier!"

Gwen finds a factory specifications and options page for me. I start going over the list and checking off what I want. "Well it looks like 35,000$ would cover a fully outfitted bike for me?"

"WHAT!? Thirty-Five 'K' for a motorcycle! are you insane Rohanna!" Donna howls out.

"YEAH!....It goes Two Hundred and Nine miles an hour and does Zero to Sixty in less than Two seconds! ....Hell ya! Speed costs money?"

Donna shakes her head at me. "I don't know?"

"I can ride it...plus this bike will last me for years....As I will only ride it on some weekends and at a track once an great while? Heck it might last decades at that rate?"

Sara glances at Donna "She raced bikes before....SHE says!.. Note! That we can't confirm her history.." she looks her shoulder and GLARES at me...to say slowly "Because...she...won't...tell...us....it!"

I look away from Sara's intense gaze, as she is grilling me.

"Hey don't look away, while I am talking to ya."

I grumble a little "You know I don't want to talk about that...my past."

"Well one day you're going to have to cave-in? I am only going to ask you twice this time......Like I said, one of these days you're going to have to cave-in?"

I sit there and dwell over her request again "Guys...I really appreciate...you all caring about me" I stop for a few seconds...thinking "Its just...I forgot what its like....to have others care about me....either one of my old selves..." I start to tear up...But hold it in.

Sara can feel it from me "Hey...Its alright Rohanna...Just one day? I hope you will open up that trust of yours even more and talk... Maybe that might help?"

I jokingly say back to her "How about when we are not...on this planet anymore? A dinner date on Mars?"

Gwen jumps in "Well they are planning a large colony for Mars in less than a Hundred years? So maybe you can arrange that in Two Hundred years? Its not too far off. So it can happen?"

Donna is once again shaking her head at us all "You guys planning on meeting each other up on another planet in Two hundred years. It's like you're saying... it's next month or something? Sometimes I don't understand your idea of time between you guys?"

"Donna...it is what it....just is?" I say flatly.

Sara, leans over her seat and gets right into my face..to sharply say "Rohanna I know what you're going to say...just shut-up now, before you upset people."

"Okay Sara" I say, as I lean back in the seat.

Gwen leans real close to me and whispers to me "What are you talking about? Why is she suddenly upset?"

I put my hand up toward the front of the car and wrap a 'silence spell' around it. So that Donna and Sara can't hear us anymore.

"She's afraid I'll upset Donna, because Donna is starting to really realize that Sara's gonna live over a hundred thousand years and a hundred years. Is just a tick of a clock to her. Donna is just a flash in the pan, at best. Among other things that Donna's got to realize" I start thinking...I can't say what I know on Donna "Lets just say that there are a lot of things involved between the two of them. Then Donna sees that....persons like Sara, you and me that she in hanging around with..she is not going to be here to affect our lives that much?" I look into Gwen's eyes "You don't think of it..that way yet either...do you? You might have to start...I hate to have to tell a kid, as young as you that...But you know, I can't lie...you asked?"

Gwen leans back to her side of the seat and thinks on what I just said. Then pulls up some more things to show me.

Sara, while we where talking. She called to Nikki, via the sisterly link they made and asks her what I said. ~"Nikki? What is this that Rohanna said? can you get Aung on it for me?"~

A few second pass and Nikki comes back. ~"Sorry I was working on this new Elf issue"~ she giggles in her mind ~"But what she said was 'he was a broken weapon. like I am now, but he got better' was the most important one...But Sara? The first one? and second one about 'Bellows'... Aung does not want to translate those for you...she says its too personal. The last one is just her cussing! as usual?"~

Sara thinks on the translation...~"Nikki, can I talk to Aung...please?"~

~"Sure..if she wants to?"~

~"Yes child? How can I help you?"~ Sara hears Aunghadhail's mental voice in her.

~"Please..tell me more. So I can help Rohanna?"~

~"Sara...I know you're trying? But she asked for something's to be kept..secret. Then I know, on others....I should never talk of them...as they are dangerous to her and others near her. The first one deals with that. The other is...."~

~"What!?"~

~".....She is not sure of Doctor Bellows and what he is after. You have to remember, that the only people she trusts. Are us Sidhe...that's how she was...how can I say this.....made? Is the best term?"~

~"Aung! Darn it! You have to let me know something. I can't help her, if I am in the dark all the time? That first thing she said? How can that be dangerous?"~

~"It...is. Just....think in that, what she is talking about. Is like knowing her true name...just worse!"~ Aunghadhail says out mentally and Sara feels that she is hiding something also.

~"Worse than a knowing a beings true name! How can it be worse?"~

~"It...is. Like I said."~

~"Aung....we have to talk in the Grove...SOON! As this has to come out. Back then...you really messed her up and she needs help now...before anything bad happens."~

~"Yes child...we can talk. As soon as we get back. Or maybe? Sooner? If Rohanna wants to let me?"~

~"I might ask. But? As soon as we can? Deal!?"~

~"Yes..."~ and the connection fades from her mind.

As Gwen shows me some stereos to maybe buy, as we start hitting the edge of Boston proper. I like what I am seeing and how they work.

"You know? With the way you're drooling? If we go to a electronic store and shop for clothes? I don't think this car is big enough to carry all of it! I think, we might have to get most of it shipped back to Whateley!" Gwen jests me.

"I don't know? I can carry an awful lot in my storage?" I boast.

Donna hears us talking and starts to lay out the day for us "Well we will certainly try to fill this car today! I know this one little street...slash..open air mall, that's an upper scale one. It has a Victoria's Secrets in it and it has got one store there. That I know its going to have clothes for someone, your height, body size and type. It also has one of the best shoes stores in this end of the state! Then add it has a Great! jewelry store!"

I near roll my eyes..." Sara, jewelry? Honestly I have that. And with me? Come on...when or where would I wear such things?" I sass.

Sara turns to look at me "You have Jewelry? You never said that?" she questions me excitedly.

"I got some tucked away in my cabinet."

"Well then, why have you not shown me any of it?"

"OR ME!" Gwen near shrieks at me.

"To me its just a monetary item, one that I should get rid of...soon. For something I might be able to use?"

"Well next time you're with me. You're going to have to show me some of this stuff?" Sara insists.

"ME TOO!" chirps Gwen.

Donna finally perks up "I want to see it, when we get back!"

"Fine?" I say flatly.

"You got any earrings? Gwen asks.

"No.. not really. But you will like what few I have...they are made for us Sidhe."

"How is that?" Donna asks first.

"They cover the top of the ears to the points. They do this in a way that makes them almost impossible for a human to wear...but Sara can wear them?"

"That sucks...that means, they cover the fun bits!" she says in a seductive voice.

"Fun bits? ....what?"

Gwen starts giggling "Ohhh Sara has not told you yet!"

"Shussh kid!" Sara demands.

"Ohhh no!" I state "This is going to come out!" I say in a mischievous tone.

I kick Gwen a little "Well tell her? As you're closer to whisper it all in her ear and show her!"

I watch as she leans forward "Ohh ya and show her this too....Now relax a little Gwen?"

I watch as she does. Then I touch on her back, just below her neck. She just lets out a moan and melts! "Ohhh my GOD! that felt so good! WOW!" she moans out breathlessly.

"Well show her?"

"Ohhh I will!" she beams.

After a little whispering between them and Gwen showing her. Donna looks at Sara in near lust "Ohhh that is just too cool! So this will work on her too?"

"Tried it last night. It does not work as good on her, as one of us Sidhe...but good enough!"

I watch as Donna keeps looking at Sara. I just know they are talking via her 'mark' in some mental way.

"But Donna? When we get back to Whateley. I will let you go through my stuff and you can pick....something out you like. One of my smaller items, in my little collection... As payment for today and for what you have done so far?"

Donna eyes me, via the mirror "Hey I never expected payment from you...on anything?

"Well you're gonna get it!" I insist to her "I can't think of what to give ya..? I have some stuff in gold, some in silver and a little in Mithril?" ......I think for a few seconds on what, I have and my mind almost goes too deep in remembering where, I got some of my things....the horrors of it all....is starting to come to me. BUT I manage to shove them all down.

Sara near moans out "MMMM Mithril! ...yummy!" and her voice pulls me back from the bad memories, I was just in.

"Hey this is jewelry! NOT snacks!" I bark at her.

"What? eat jewelry?"

Gwen leans toward Donna's seat back to say "That's right...you just heard it! Your Sara, eats metal for snacks AND its a very expensive metal TOO! I might add" she then laughs.

Donna gets off the main highway and meanders around in downtown Boston. Till she finds the Mall, she is looking for. As we drive into the parking lot, I check that my illusion is working with Gwen and I get a thumbs up from her.

Donna pulls up to a Valet service and starts to get out. Gwen and me hop out of the back. I slip on my light coat for show and Gwen has a hoodie to wear. Sara has on a Goth cloak, that makes her look fine and then I watch Donna start to pull out a heavy coat form her trunk. I toss a 'weather' spell on her and this time she notices me do it.

"What was that?"

"Ahh did you not wonder why, it was so nice and warm as we left Whateley?"

"Humm I did notice..something? Then Sara told me something about it and I was not really paying attention at the time?" she blushes.

"That was me and this spell. With it on you, you're not going to feel the cold and the snow will not make you wet?"

"Hey I like that!"

"So grab that lighter jacket...As you don't need that parka?" I inform her.

Donna gets her ticket, from the valet guy and walks us to a mall entrance. "Okay I took a liberty Rohanna. I used your credit card to reserve us, a private buyer in few of theses stores and this will cut down on the searching for clothes that 'fit' AND are natural fabrics. I told them your size before today and your needs. So they should have a selection ready...to show us, all laid out?"

Then Donna takes the lead again and shows us the fastest way through this mall. To the outside street area and the stores she has planned for us to see. On this end of the shopping center is a rather large mall, that Donna is near running us through. After a few minutes of walking to the far end. Donna shows us a door, leading out into a open dead end street and its lined with lots of high-end stores all along it. What I notice as we all start out the door, is a small feeling and its getting worse as I exit the mall. It just does not 'feel' right? Something magic based, is pushing against my ability to teleport. AND I don't like that!

I stop and get everyone's attention "Sara? This does not feel right?" I pull Gwen to me "Do you feel anything weird magically?" I ask her.

"No...I feel nothing? Why?" Gwen says to me.

"Sara...the whole area here feels.....Ahh the only word I can use is, 'funky'..Something is pushing on the edge of my teleport. Like its slowing me down? Like normally, I port between one spot and the next in a split second. Now? It feels like...I have to push it and it would take five to ten seconds for it to work?"

Sara ponders what I said "Well this is...Boston? Maybe some old mage, left a 'ward' or a spell hanging around here. Its all together possible? As the city is near Four Hundred years old?"

"Okay, I can see that..might be it?"

"Besides there are all kinds of mages in Boston...even that stupid old Necromancer is here, I had a run-in with him with last year?"

"Who?"

"Ohh I will tell you later. It was a long time ago. Maybe one of his old spells is lingering about."

"Okay...if you feel its nothing? I just..really! don't like not having my teleport really slowed down or near turned off like it is? It just bugs me. Its like locking a fire-door..its an escape, incase crap hits the fan?"

Sara insists to me "Everything's fine, we're in the middle of a public street. What's going to happen here?"

"Okay?" I say...not too sure? That little voice that saves my butt, is screaming LOUD!

Donna takes the lead once again and leads us all to the door of a high-end clothing store. She opens the door and waves us all in. She has my sizes written down on cards and hands us each one for our use. I then notice, this Lady is on a mission...Gods she knows how to shop! She is a pro! Then she goes over to a sales person, asks about our reserved clothes and is shown several large racks of clothes.

I watch her go over to a rack of tops, that have a plaque on them that says 'organic?' Then she starts pulling items out and comparing them to me for size. I also see Gwen and Sara doing the same. I am just standing there in a bit of shock. They are just going at it...Its like watching, wolves tearing into prey!

They start to pile stuff up, as I watch it all. Donna walks up to me with a few items in her hands and starts comparing lengths on me.

She hangs, a nice shirt in front of me "Ahhh that looks good!...." and flops it on the rack, then pulls out a pair of blue jeans and puts them up to my waist "Hummm that's good!..." then another "this one is too short!"

Then Sara and Gwen start doing the same, as I stand there. I am starting to feel like a clothing dummy! Between the three of them, as they all zip around me and grab stuff.

Donna grabs a whole pile stuff and shove it all in my arms "Well going into the changing room and figure out what fits and not?"

"Okay?" is all I say. As I'm kind of bewildered and dazed by how fast they are.

I go into a rather nice changing room...a rather LARGE changing room! I look about it. 'Man I have been missing this? I have never been in one this big or one with such a cool seat and so many places to hang things.'

I then realize as, I put on that first pair of Jeans...why the booth is so nice! OVER a hundred bucks! for jeans! That's nuts! But I get into them, as I really have no choice. My height and size, its going to be hard to find clothes. Then add my allergy to anything not natural, makes me doomed to shop only in the expensive section of the world at large.

Donna finally slips in the dressing room with me and says to me. As I get that first pair on "That's a nice one..its a keeper!"

All I can say is "What?" in my mass confusion....'how can she judge that quickly...I barely got them on!'

Then Sara comes bouncing in the room, with yet another pile. AND its even bigger! Then Gwen's got four or five things with her, when she comes in. Now I know why the room is so big!

They all near chorus to me "WELL start going through stuff!"

I am like being ordered about! by them...all three of them at the same time! I'm more than confused by it all. Its happening too fast!.....this! Last nights love fest!....as a chick!....the clothes...the school....everything! I am looking, at all three of them teaming up on me!

I put my hand up and sit down on the seat there. All I have on me, is my top and panties. "WAIT a minute! Slow down, not so fast!" I warned.

Sara starts giggling at me "What did you expect? This is shopping...we are killing prey out here?"

I'm shaking my head to her. Then I lean down and put my face in my hands

Then it hits me like a ton of bricks!

"Hey..slow down. I was only a guy a week ago TODAY! Last I knew, I was riding a bike in the hills...then BANG I am here! Then I am a chick and A DROW!" I run my fingers up into my long hair, as it flops down over my face "GOD I had sex last night as a girl!...this is happening too fast!" I sob out.

Gwen sits next to me, to hug me with one arm gently "Hey I can understand this a little. My change took some time. But, you will cope and make it through this. That is why, we are all in Poe?"

Sara sits on my other side and starts rubbing my back to sooth me "I know exactly how you feel...My change took a day. Just like yours..But in my case I kind of welcomed it, as I was so sick in life. But like Gwen said...We are here."

"I am...so not used to this kind of attention. As a guy, I never really needed it or got it. Then the Drow in me, is near running around in my head...Gods that part of me, is so confused right now. She never had any of this. She never had nice things, it was just not allowed. What she had, she stole and hid. Then it had to be small or useful in someway, or why take it?"

"Hey we are all friends here. Take a minute and process this?" Sara asks me.

I look up at her and then the rest of them "That is the problem. The Guy in me wants that a little...But knows in a small way, all that leads to is...You all leaving at sometime? Then the Drow? She darn well knows, not to make friends or connections. As its too painful!"

Gwen asks me "Why would she, not want friends?"

Sara says softly to Gwen, as I lean down again and lay my face in my hands "They all died. That's why...You have to think of that part of Rohanna, as the worst horror film you ever saw. As a One on a scale of Ten, But in her case it was, a Twenty! on a good day."

"Ohh..." Gwen says out.

"Thanks for being here" I sniff out, then wrap Gwen in a hug "I need someone."

"You're not just saying that like, last night...again?" Gwen asks.

"No...this time its me and not the...compulsions making me" I finally let go of her, to say "Well what's next on the pile...lets get this over with and have fun?"

"This is the fun part!" Donna boasts "I am spending your money!"

I start laughing hard, at that statement! "Gaea I love ya Donna!"

"Hey..she is mine!" Sara jokingly growls at me, then changes her tone to say playfully "But, we can share?"

"Hey I am not up for 'dibs'!" Donna barks, then shoves a new set of jeans at me.

"Okay..." I start to slide them on, while they all ready the next wave of clothes for me.

I get them on "That's a great fit!" Donna says.

I go through, what's got to be about... Fifty or Sixty things. The group of them, only picks a third of that. That they all agree on that, both looks and fits good. Donna goes for more of a tight pair of jeans on me. While Gwen leans toward a looser set. I finally take both, as each has its merits.

Donna disappears for a bit and she comes in with a mini-dress. She says "Put this on?"

"This? Its a bit ....short?" I more than question her.

"No it's not. Soon as the weather warms up, you'll love it!"

"Okay?" I say as I get into it.

Once its on, Sara 'wolf whistles' "Its perfect!"

Gwen's got her thumbs up! as her vote!

I look at myself in the mirror and turnaround a little The dress is very short and is hugging me perfectly "God my ass looks great in this!.... Did I just say that?..... Wow, I guess it does....If I wasn't me? I would be jumping me!" I toss that in the "keep' pile. I guess that's where it belongs, they're telling me. I am kind of agreeing, on that one.

Donna the main hunter of the group, grabs a store clerk and has her take my vast pile to the register. Then another lady comes in to clean-up and restock our other pile for us.

She says to me while, I put on a top "My, my you're a tall, very fit one for your age. Are you a gymnast or something?" then she thinks "No a gymnast wouldn't be it quite as big, tall and built up top like you are. Your mom or dad is like a fitness model, bodybuilder or something, to keep you in shape like that?"

"What?" I say flatly to her, as I get dressed to go.

"Maybe I know them? As we have lots of models pictured here?"

"No they...do other stuff." I don't lie...as they did?

She finally gets to our keep pile "You ladies are keeping all this?"

All three of my tortures! say "Yep!" in near unison!

She starts carrying that pile, to the register as the 'mob' of mine. Just keeps looking...incase, they missed something? What...that could be, I will never know!

Donna stands at the register while it gets all rung up and I join her. I watch the bill climb and climb...UP! The final bill, is near Two thousand and I huff out slowly. Then slide my credit card across the table.

The clerk takes it and says to me "Your parents must be loaded?"

I look at her and sigh "The day has just begun. This is just, our first stop!"

She kinda cringes "Your mom or dad, are either giving you a lot of leeway or come Monday morning. They are going to tan your hide! BUT I don't care...you only live once?"

I near fall down laughing at that one and Sara joins me "If you only knew!" I say out to her while, my sides hurt.

"What?" the lady asks.

Donna smiles at her..."That joke of only living once...they always find that one funny. I don't know why? But those two, are very strange sometimes?"

The clerk finishes ringing it up and taking my card. Donna leans over the table "Can you have this dropped off, at the package pickup. For the for the valet parking lot?"

"Sure, can ma'am"

Donna grabs the receipt out of my hand. Then puts it in her purse "This receipt is an itemized list, to what we are supposed to get. They seal up the bags and then we pick them up in the package area. I always do this, so we don't have to carry bags all day!"

I Think about it "Hey that's a nice service!"

Donna stares at me "With what you just paid! Its not a service...its the way it should be!"

Donna leads, the pack of us all farther down the long line of stores. I stop to gaze into the jewelry store window, she talked about and find nothing even grabs my newly developing tastes 'nothing a Sidhe would wear in this place...it does not 'sing' to me?' is all I can think.

We walk on and Donna stops at a coffee shop "Hey I am going to grab some coco for all of us, go grab a table outside and we can watch the crowds walk by?"

Gwen runs off and grabs a large table right on the railing that borders the street. Lucky for us in a way, there are three space heaters next to the table. With them next to us all, we won't look so weird sitting in the cold outside.

I plop down on the chair next to the railing and Gwen grabs the one next to me. Sara grabs the set across form us for Donna and her. I once I am seated, start watching the crowd walk by us. The amount of people walking by certainly has grown since we got here so early. You might even say its getting crowded a little.

As I sit and watch the crowd, Sara asks me "Well? So you like this so far?"

"What? being out or shopping my last maleness to death?" I jest her.

"Both!" she states while winking at me.

"Well I love finally getting out. Even the campus can grind on me a little? I guess my mind is just set on seeing only Sidhe built things....is all. Now this shopping? I am dealing with it so far...and I needed this break between beatings!" I joke to her, with a small giggle.

Gwen spins to me and breaks in "Hey there is a bake shop next door! I am going to grab something!"

"Fine" I say as I fish out my card "Take this and pay for it....anything is good for me.....Sara? do you want something to nibble for the taste?"

She shakes her head "Nope, I can just try some of yours....if you voracious elves don't eat it so fast!"

Gwen nods to us both, snatches my extended card and she is off. "I sure hope you find something good!" I say to her small dust cloud that she leaves behind, via her speed.

"So...what's the plan for next week?" Sara asks me.

"Heck if I know? Get my classes set and get my books?" I question her.

"Well Bellows will get on that for you on Monday, is my guess and...." Sara is interrupted by a boy jumping over the rail on her side of the table, then one follows him on mine.

Both of them, grab the seats right next to us. The one next to me says in a 'sly' tone to us "My buddy and me noticed, you two look a little lonely sitting here....so? We decided to put a stop to that!"

"Yep" the one next to Sara says "We can't have that!"

My eyes scan over him very fast! No weapons...no skills....no threat? "Ahh....We are not exactly alone guys. Our friends are off getting something to eat."

"Hey..that's fine! There are only two of us now...We can get a buddy for your girlfriend. I saw walk off?"

"Humm I am not really looking for a boyfriend?"

Sara chirps in "Hey! he is a cute one!" then she eyeballs the other next to her "But this one? hummm I don't know....I don't think you're my type?"

"I might be?" that one says.

"Humm maybe?" Sara leads him on "I like my play ROUGH!" and she grabs his collar and pulls him close.

I look over the guy sitting next to me and just blurt out "Ya Sara, you're right this one is cute...but can he keep up?"

Sara's head near spins like a top and stares at me "What! did you say?"

"I...I...I said that!...shit!" I look back at the guy and now. I am even more confused.

"Well I think you're more than cute...you're a total BABE!"

That 'babe' line totally shuts me off. "Ya lost me...with that line. Now shooo!"

"Awww I can stop that?"

"NO! now go please. Besides, I don't live anywhere near here."

Gwen just arrives with a huge bag of goodies "Hey who are these two?" she asks while sitting.

"These two? Unless Sara wants them both?...They where leaving."

The one next to me, near jumps at Gwen "Well your friend turned me down..You looking for a guy?"

"Ahh nope...got a steady one now" she says while handing me a muffin.

"You do Gwen?"

"Yep Collin, over in Twain Cottage. Been going with him for sometime. So BYE!" she says to the boy.

He then gets up and Sara release her 'catch'....lucky for him! The one that was next to me says "Ohh so you're all 'prep' girls? But anyway, here is my number in case you change your mind?" and he hands me a card.

Both of them walk away, I just seem to fade out and stare at them leave..... just as Donna shows with a tray of drinks. I on the other hand, lean down to the table and wrap my arms around my head, as I lay it there. THEN start banging my head on the table...hard "Why did I say that!" I screech.

As I do, the Drow in my head gets on me ~"You might have to consider a male human for a mate...no matter how revolting it sounds....if we are to have kids again?"~

I mentally scream at her ~"SHUT UP YOU!"~

Donna asks "What did she say?" as she sits down and hands out the coco.

Sara giggles out "Rohanna here...called that boy 'cute'!"

I have my head down in my arms and mumble out "Quiet you!" as I point at her.

"Hey, you're the one. Who blurted that out! Don't blame me!..Besides? I saw you checking out his cute butt, as he walked off!" she winks at me.

"I....I did?....?"

"Ayyy yep, I know LUST! When I see and feel it! Its my job!"

I lean far back in my chair and cover my face "Ohhh my God. I did...I am so confused!"

"Hey get over it? You're fine. Just deal with that, as it comes?" Sara says to me.

I lean back to the table and start in on that muffin. Gwen drops two more in front of me. As I nibble on one, Sara starts on the other.

Donna says to me "You have lots of time to figure your life out.....so take it slow?"

"Thanks...." I drone out. As I sit and think...'what am I going to do?'

I finish up my last muffin...as that was easy! Since Sara, was not just taking nibbles off them! Then we get up, to continue the pain!

The next store on the row, I see Donna starting to walk into is... 'Victoria Secrets'....'So this is what they were talking about all this time' I think to myself 'Its a high-end underwear store for girls!'.....I then suddenly lock-up. I am standing there in a DAZE looking at it. My feet are 'glued' to the pavement.

"So this is when the last part of my old 'male' self is going to die? This is the where?....the place? THE HOW!" I mumble out.

Donna walks in and starts immediately looking at the displays. Gwen grabs onto my arm and starts tugging me into the store. I dig-in my feet and stop moving. My head starts to shake back an forth "No!" I squeak out. As she yanks on me, even harder. My male side screams out in my head NO! and the Drow is mostly saying to me...'why?' as she only sees practical parts.

Sara walks up behind me then, gives me a firm shove. I stumble forward and as I stumble forward. Sara laughingly says "Masculinity! Manliness! Die! Die! Die!" as she pushes me through that the doorway.

I turn around to stare at her, as she shoves me harder and my feet slide over the smooth ground. I stutter out "OH crap...oh crap." My mind thinks out 'darn useless human made sneakers! My Sidhe boots would have HELD!'

As I am finally dragged...pushed into the door. I watch Donna as she walks up to one of the clerks. To ask her "Where is your lead saleslady, that runs your fittings?"

"Ohh let me grab her!" and she walks off, within a few monuments she brings back an older woman "This is Ms. Jacobson she runs our fittings" the younger girl introduces the older lady too us, then goes back to stocking the shelves.

The new lady shakes Donna's offered hand "So I am told you need a fitting? Or buyers assistance?"

"Yes that is what I need...actually" she points at me, being near dragged in by Sara and Gwen "That young lady needs it."

"Just so you understand, there is a Seventy-five dollar fee attached to the service. For fittings of this type?"

"We're going for all the high-end stuff. So I don't think your fee is gonna really matter that much now is it?" Then she waves the receipt from the last store in her face "We just spent....this at the last store and probably will spend twice as much by the end of the day."

Ms. Jacobson's eyes light up at the sight! "Obviously...you're a commission store? Aren't you? Well, you are about to earn it today. Because this poor girl here, is One hundred percent! allergic to synthetics. So its, cotton or silks or nothing. Even spandex is kind of a problem with her." Donna says to her.

"Well then lets get her into a fitting room" Ms. Jacobson urges Donna, as she hands her one of my measurement cards. The sales lady looks the card over "I am sure these are correct. But its best to let me re-measure her anyway."

The lady leads our hunting party off to a private room, Donna follows and Me? I am near dragged along. Once in the room and the door is closed! Sara lets off a mechanical laugh at me "Muhhahhaha! Now the fun begins!" she cackles in glee.

The fitting lady asks me "Take off all but your bottoms?"

"Okay" I squeak out and start striping off my shoes as I sit, then work my way up to my pants and top. Then I stand next to her when I am all done.

She starts to say to me "Might be good idea for..." And she reaches for my necklace.

I snatch her hand, as I see it coming "That's one thing you don't get to touch... please?" I say to her.

"Okay...sorry?"

Gwen snickers for second "Family heirloom, you don't get the touch it. She never takes it off." she explains to her.

Then she wraps a tape around me, to get my measurements "Humm you are a big girl? I have never seen such muscle on a lady like this? And darn near no fat! at all? You must really workout?....." I just nod to her "But lets see?" she goes on "You got a 40 C... 25 inch waist and 36 hips" she looks over my legs a little "if you want a stockings? I think we can fit you...with these certainly more beefy legs you've got here."

Sara suggests to her "What would look good on her is, High cut and made of silk. In that new style that came out last month!"

The fitter agrees with her "Okay...I can see that on her. Let me go get a test set, in cotton for a try and then we can go from there?" she walks off and her two assistants are running out into the store or going into the back storage, to get the rest.

I notice Sara, starts flipping through one of the high-end catalogs that sits there and she is picking out stuff for me to try on next. AND I see, that Donna and Gwen are doing the same thing 'ohh no they are going to do the same thing as last time!' my thoughts say.

Within a few minutes, they start coming back with items for us to look at. But before I put anything on. I see that Gwen, rubs it really quick against her skin and a couple things she automatically rejects. Then throws in the corner "Whatever those were... those don't come back in here again." she states.

"Those should just be One Hundred percent....silk?" the fitting lady says back.

"The tag is lying. There is nylon mixed in there somewhere? In the lace or something else. I felt that. I got the same allergy as she does" Then Gwen shows her arm really quick and there is a red rash on it "We break out,... bad with that stuff. So don't try and slip any of that stuff past us, we are going to know it instantly" Gwen warns her.

"Humm I did not know there was anything synthetic in it. I will mark that one down at they are lying, then tell the supplier. As we shouldn't be charging over a hundred dollars for top, that's not 100% silk?"....I hear that...'ONE hundred dollars for one top!....ohhh my!'

After Gwen checks all the items they bring out. I start sliding into the first sets for a test fit and a look see? I find all the stuff that they bring me, is a perfect fit! This lady knows how to fit a person.

Next Sara, Gwen and Donna start running me through items at a fast pace. the bunch of them run it all like an old panel of show judges, but I seem to like this type of attention. As they dwindle down the selection, I find Five or six decent looks, I like a bunch and in two different colors at least on each one. I stick with the basics on everything else.

At one point Donna speaks up to the sales lady "Please bring her some of those nice workout tops and bottoms?"

Gwen adds in next, at that idea "Hey that's a good Idea! She practically lives in those things!"

On Donna's orders, they bring in several tops for me to try out and some matching bottoms. I have to try wiggling into several of those tight tops and bottoms in several styles till I find a style that fits me and I take ten full sets of them in two colors. As I just know, I am going to be hard on them during my training and exercising.

As I get all those sorted out. Sara gets up and takes a catalog to the head sales lady, then points out some things that she wants to see me in next. The lady says as Sara goes over her selection "She will look simply divine in that!" and runs off.

Sara gets a evil mischievous grin across her face and I see it. Then I see Donna nod to her with near the same grin?.... 'What are they up too?' I pondered.

The staff brought in the new items for me to try on. But this selection I started to notice was...very sexy indeed! After I put on one set of it....in a wild red color. I look into the mirror at myself 'Gods I look good in this!' I think to myself, as I twist and turn in the set of mirrors.

I can see Sara near drooling at me. She is eyeing me like mad and I can feel her undressing me...with those eyes. The next set is brought to me, as Sara says "She will take that last set!"

Sara seems be dressing me up from one stage to the next, in sexier and sexier outfits. At one point my mind says 'bordello wear'....and I can just feel her 'lust' aura bouncing off me. The overflow of it is not affecting Gwen too much...but Donna is really getting it bad?....As I notice she is squirming in a real way...that says, she is getting 'hot and bothered' by it.

Then It happens...As the other two clerks are out getting me other things to try. The youngest one, is fitting me with a most sexy bra and bottom set that came with stockings and everything in a bright pink. She brushes against my breast, as she helps me into the outfit. That move and the contact, along with how I look dressed...gets me more than running a bit. She then, leans down to adjust something. AND for no reason, while the girl is standing back up from adjusting my stocking. She wraps a arm around me and kisses me deeply. I want to return it...But I am in so much shock from the sudden move...I don't.

In a second. She jumps back off me and is near into tears "I am sorry! I don't know why!....I did that!...PLEASE don't say anything? I will get fired!" she cries.

I say to her softy as I pat her shoulder "Hey its Okay....I will never say anything. You got bit by a 'love bug'..." I leer at Sara "Now go to the restroom and calm down a little and come back....Okay?" she nods to me and walks out.

Gwen gets up to close the door, as the next clerk comes back to the room "Hey can we have a few?" she asks her. Then closes the door, with a click.

As Gwen closes the door, then leans on it to stand guard. I am standing, in the middle of the room and I am now very confused. AND somewhat mad at Sara.

As I go and sit down, I flop my long hair off my face and sigh out "Well I guess, the old male me is dead...now?"

Sara starts to get up to come over to me....But my leer at her, stops the move "And you? Why the aura? Can't you rein that in....JUST for one day?" I ask her.

"Sorry...I slipped up? You just look....so delish! In that!" she said in a teasing voice.

I glance her way from my seat "Okay...I can see that? But my mind has seemed to have accepted this...." I wave hand over my body "Is what I am now. All I have to get over from here.....is all the mental baggage" I start to stand up "Well what's next?" I ask.

"Ahhh if we where alone? ....I'd jump ya!" she jests me.

I ponder her statement, as I go and look at myself in the set of mirrors "I might let you do just that?" I glance at Gwen, to be sure she has the door and take off my charm. The illusion fades off me. Then I look at myself in the sets of mirrors, to see how this bright pink looks like, when matched against my dark skin "GOD...I look so hot in this!" I say in a seductive and provocative tone at Sara. I then adjust the bra and put my necklace back on.

Sara is sitting there, near drooling at me and licking her lips at me...more than lustfully. Donna notices it all and orders her "Down girl! Not now!"

Gwen and I laugh at her for it all. "Well...I think we are done here. Poor...Sara is near brain dead from this! And I think we cleaned them out on my size?" I state.

I start to get that outfit off and Gwen lets the sales ladies back in the room. Donna says to them as they come in with even more... "Well I think we are done and she will take that stack we set aside. So get it all ready to go...please?"

I finish getting on my clothes, as they get all my purchases rung up and bagged for us. When I get done, I go to the counter and watch yet another receipt climb in damage. When the total is shown to me, my eyeballs almost fall out! For the second time today!

I slide them my credit card and its done. Donna has them do the same thing as last time and has everything sent to the pick-up at valet.

As we walk out of the store, Sara wraps a arm around me "So, I feel a little from you?..that you're.. coping with all this?....But?"

"I am coping. I just have to let go of that last bit....is all. Can we...when we get back...just talk tonight? Nothing else?"

"Yes we can do that? I will make sure...not to go nuts on you tonight...even after you FIRED me up in there!" she laughs at me.

At the next store in the row, Donna is already at the window. She points out some shoes for me and we go in. I spot a nice pair of boots, I always like boots back when and even with a taller heel that are on these, I like the look of them. I finally look at the price "EIGHT hundred dollars for one pair!" I yelp.

Donna whispers in my ear "Honey? You already have Fifty thousand in your account and in last week's alone bill-ables coming in. I can guarantee you close to Seventy five thousand, on top of that probably by the end of the year. So live it up! It's not like you spending it on your room and board....are you?"

"Ahh Donna you have to remember? I thinking of different prices?"

"Oh yeah? a hundred dollars to you...last week. Was like a thousand!"

As my mind keeps reeling over that point. I look at a few more boots in that display and Sara comes over with a set of heels that have to be at least six inches tall! She starts dangling them in front of my face. I start shaking my head to them. I look to Donna and she is nodding to them, I am shaking my head and they are nodding. That's two votes to my one! ANNNND I look to Gwen for support on my side? The coin flips! and she starts nodding too!

"Crap!" I near shout. I then look at the price tag and its four hundred dollars! "We are going to spend more here.... then we did on clothes!" I screech and a high voice.

Donna gives me the stare of death. I sigh out "Ohh well its only money?"

I put on the pair and stand up from the chair and I am already shaking my head at it all. I am already Six foot tall and add another Five to Six inches as I am standing in them. I'm just towering over the rest of them all, like a basketball player! I'm shaking my head at the height "This is ridiculous!"

Sara chimes in "Its all a package 'look'! So what, if someone is standing next to you and gasping at your height? Just live with it? As at a distance, you look GREAT! These heels make your legs look fantastic!"

Well, I give in to the group and take them. I try everything, else that looks good to my eye. I get the right sizes, down and find some really decent dress shoes. Ones that I can wear on campus, I get a couple pairs of those and two pairs of boots I like. Then we all leave and the damage from that stop was not too bad? As I bought the lower priced items.

We all walk farther down the street to the next store. I watch as Gwen shoots off to look in a window behind us, she must have seen something really cool to get her to move that fast. Sara has me stopped looking in one window at a real nice dress, I can see why she likes it. Its real tight and leaves nothing to the imagination! Donna walked on pretty far ahead of us, to get the next store ready for the invasion!

"Sara? Are you sure you don't want to spend more time with Donna?"

"No Its fine, we are all having fun right now. Besides she is in her element! Shopping that is! And if she shoots off to find something for you? Fine...it makes me happy, that she's happy."

My head gets that feeling? That something wrong again? That....That...That bug in my skull, it tells me that something bad is about to happen. I start looking around, as I am looking around. My eyes catch something to my right, just on the edge of my vision and I can barely make it out. I know its in the middle of the street...right behind me.

Since I'm looking at Sara, what bothers me... its just right on the edge of my vision. I start to turn my head to look at it. THEN I feel that the air is being disturbed really quick and 'The Air element' is telling me something is wrong! Just as, I turn my head really quick.

I see a bullet slam into Sara's face and her head near vanishing with a 'POP'...at the sight of Sara's face being blown apart by that bullet and head popping all over the place. Shock starts in me.

All I can think is 'NO! not again! I got close to someone and death is taking them away again!'

That thought is destroyed, as two more bullets slam into her chest and most of it is tossed into chunks. Those chunks NOW hit, the newly broken window behind her.

I turn my head toward the danger and take a step forward...all on instinct, to protect someone I care about! BUT I am slammed to the side of my right cheek, by yet another bullet and it blows through my mouth. It exits at the left side of my jaw. It takes a good chunk of my face and neck go with it. All of that mess splattered across the pavement.

That blow starts me into a spinning my whole body around. Just as I am calling my armor on, just in that that microsecond between it being here and not. Another bullet slams into the small my back, to the right side of my spine. I feel it pop, through my skin and smashes about four ribs. It then travels through my lower lung and sticks there. A gush air from the impact rushes out my mouth, along with a ton of blood from both wounds.

As my armor is on now, I feel three more smash into my back...Great Gaea that HURTS! Then I fall with a practiced spin, to my right knee and use the magic shield spell that is woven into my left arm. From there on out, the bullets impact it and actually are hitting WAY harder than the bullets did last night!

'What is this nut using for ammo!' is my only thought!

As I look at him through my shield spell. I see the intent on his face...he wants me dead! The rifle I see him using, looks like a M16...but? Its not? The magazine on it is real big and the shell casings it is tossing out on to the ground are WAY bigger? What in the heck is that thing?

As more bullets, are slamming against my shield. I glance at Sara, with my left eye and find it has been blurred by the wound on that side of my head. That glance finds that, she's down and she's not moving at all! I stare at her head, three-quarters of it is blown all over the pavement and there are two giant wounds in her chest. As I watch her for that second, she's not moving much....a couple tendrils of her's, are flopping around. My thoughts go to 'She is dead or dieing?'

My attention turns back to the man, trying real hard to kill me. I study him through my shield. I find he knows, what he is doing. Instead of ripping at full auto on me, he is doing short controlled bursts and they are all well aimed! He must know that when that Huge! Magazine of his runs dry, I am going to act!

I would smile at him, if I could. 'I am going to kill you for this...human!' is my only thought! Rage is filling me fast, an absolute lust for murder. As soon as, he is out of ammo.....I am going to kill him!

As I wait out those seconds, till he runs dry on ammo. I put up a second shield in front of my arm mounted one with a wave of my left hand. This new one, draws on my magic essence. I will use this one instead of the suit one, that was starting to run out of its own magic. As what ever he is using for ammo, was biting at my shield even more than the armor piercing bullets from last night! With the new one up, I start recharging the armor mounted shield.

Now in my right hand, a sword is called from nothing. I have the blade reversed and it lays close to my arm with the point to the rear. I did this, so all I have to do is stand and swing out from my cover and he is DEAD in one stroke!

I see his eyes dart, to the new blade in my hand. He must be worried now!

THEN! he runs dry! The rifle bolt clicks open, and he lets the rifle fall from his grasp. He is going for a large pistol on his belt. BUT before he gets to it. I drop my shield, as I stand and I slice out with my sword across my body. The blade easily removes his head, it rolls off his shoulders and hits the concrete with a hollow thud. His headless body, jerks for a second and then his lifeless body, like a puppet with its strings cut....falls to the concrete.

I glance toward where Sara is at and she is still not moving. Then I look down the block to where I know Donna is at. She's already curled up in the corner of the walkway and a short wall. She is where, she was looking in the window and she is there huddled with four young kids that she must have herded up. I reach out with my senses and I can't feel Gwen anymore? My eyes quickly scan the street for her, I don't know where she's at? I hope she's hiding with an illusion....Because, I don't need to worry about her right now.

I turn to look back at Donna, she's in shock and holding on to her arm in pain. She starting to turn around to look at me. But she's wedged in the corner of the building, she's not going anywhere anytime soon. Then I see a man, that's about Forty feet in front of me and he is leveling a gun...MAKE THAT! a huge Canon! I can see what is written on its side and says it says 500 Magnum on it! A Fifty caliber revolver!? and the gun is an absolute monster! It's got to be something you kill bears with!

He's already got it leveled at Donna and the hammer is already clicked back. He is in single action! So, he is about to drop that hammer on her! I to go teleport, I could feel that resistance against me and its burning against me. I can't push it away?

In that split second, I run down my list of spells and anything I can hit him with in that list. He is going to fire anyway, from the pain of the hit or the impact. My bow is out, by the time I get it out and a shot off? Donna will be dead! Then I think of a holding spell? But I don't have any memorized! They are all in books, as I don't use them near ever. I run down my list of quick spells again and I find only one that will do the job. BUT its a very vicious spell, its only really used in combat to demoralize troops. I hate to use it in this situation, as its overkill!

But I got no choice! So, I throw it at him. I hate doing it honestly, but at this time. I am so filled with rage and anger at the guy. I almost do it with glee and enjoyment. Because I know he's gonna feel the pain any second, as it locks onto him. Then it renders him completely immobile, like a statue. I know the next step, as it ramps up all the pain centers in his body and his brain three or four hundred percent. This is so you feel even more PAIN!

I start my run to Donna, as that first wave of the spell hits him and he is held In that wave of the spell deep in that growing...pain. My legs move me about ten feet. When I see the next wave hit him, all his clothes are blown off him by it and his gun sails out of his hand. As I pass him, the next wave takes hold on him. Its the vicious part of the spell. As he is being peeled like a apple of all his skin, starting at his head. As it goes all of his skin, is peeled off his body and thrown in meaty chunks all over the pavement. To land around him in a 10 foot circle.

I am near past him and some of the chunks hit my armor, But I have to keep going. I have to get to Donna, to cover her up. As Sara is either dead, gone or I can't help her? Then Gwen is nowhere to be seen at moment. I have to get to Donna! As she is vulnerable as hell! Because if that guy had fired that gun at her and she is just an exemplar one or two human. That round would have torn her in-half, as far as I can figure? Especially if it used, the same ammunition that rifle was firing at me!

The last wave hits him after I pass him, so I do not see it at work. But I know it well! It does the same thing all over again. But this time, it does it to all his muscles and his other flesh that covers his body. The spell starts tearing into his muscles and flesh. Then starts flinging those off in chunks. Its shredding him, from his head down to his feet. As it passes his rib cage, his guts all slide out onto the pavement and his feet with a meaty-wet plop! Then the spring action from his guts all falling out, starts to lean and pull him forward. Finally his esophagus and lungs snaps away from the rest of his body. This springs his body back, too look like a Jack-in-the-Box backwards. To land onto the pavement and it all lands with a weird clunky thud, as his now naked bones hit the pavement.

I skid, slide to a stop in front of Donna. I am wheezing badly from the run, as I had to close off half a lung from the wounds and my mouth wounds are not helping. Just as I do that slide, I turn to scan the street for threats and see a large man exiting a van that is in the middle of the street. I watch in horror, as he swings out a....God damn belt fed machine gun! My mind goes nuts! 'Are these guys totally crazy! Do they want to kill me or Donna or who?... what the hell!'

He swings the gun around and starts firing. His first burst was at a poor security guard, who is blasted to bits in a second. The next burst, catches a lone brave cop that was moving for better cover...he never made it. The first round hit his head and he splayed onto the pavement. The 'nuts' next target is the whole darn street! He sweeps the gun, all the way down to us! The whole block is 'lit-up!' and stuff is flying everywhere! Bits of buildings, cars, potted plants and the worst...innocent people!

I throw up my arm shield, as he gets to us and its chopping into it hard. My other arm is busy tossing a shield over Donna and the children with her. As I am backpedaling toward her. My arm shield is already down, nearly Eighty or Ninety percent of the essence that maintains it from my suit! I start to squeeze up to her, so I can get behind my main shield. That arm shield is almost gone, as dozens and dozens and dozens of rounds slam into it! I stare, at the 'nuts' gun and see that a huge box magazine is feeding this monster! Its got to be well over five hundred rounds of ammo in that thing!

I finally get behind my main shield, my main shield is feed off my own essence and can take this kind of damage for hours if need be. I move it a little farther out for 'breathing' room. Then I make sure everyone is shoved behind me, I shove them all as deep into that corner as I can! Donna looks at my face, as I turn to check on them all one time.

A look of shock and horror covers her face.....then she asks me "Are you alright?"

OHH boy what a question? Half my face is gone! I am hurt real bad! But, all I do is nod to her. As I never tell anyone, I am hurting. In the past, if you told them you where hurt. They killed you, plain and simple. Why waste time and supplies on the hurt slaves?

As I check once again, to see that we are all covered up. The 'nut' starts walking up on us as he is firing and my guess is...He intends on getting close and chop us all up.

My mind sees that issue coming up and I push out. To see if, I can teleport now. But I find I am still near fully blocked. Whatever spell this is? It will take me several minutes to get by it...Time we might not have. I then consider this, I can surly teleport me and Donna....But? Leave the kids behind?

NO! I can't do that!....One, I can't abandon them and the other? I just remembered. Donna, she got Sara's kid in her and I don't think that GOO kid can stand a teleport? Not with me needing to 'blast' past this spell, as that will be a bumpy trip at best!

Now a new issue comes up! The 'nut' stops walking to us and I can see he is grabbing at a large grenade with his free left arm. While his right fires shorter bursts, from the gun at us. My new guess, is he intends on blasting us out of our hole! As I see this. I start to step forward to him, with my left arm out holding up my shield. A sword appears in my right, I ready it for the only thing I can think of. I am going to rush him and hope I can cut him dow....before he kills me.

I gurgle out a sigh, past my hurt mouth and get ready. I have no choice now. Because I can't fight from behind a shield, I can't drop it and toss a spell at this guy without the people behind me getting hit!

'Well it was fun today. And I had last night...At least I have that!'....I lean into getting ready.

As I get ready, I see Gwen running toward us 'GOD Gwen, PLEASE! don't make me chose between saving....Sara's kid and one of us...I can't! It hurts too much!' I turn back to him and ready myself.......I am going for it!... before, he sees Gwen.

Then I see a glamour laden Pixie, smack the guy in the face! I spin to see three illusions of Gwen running up to the 'nut'...He is messed up by the blow...but he is far from out of the fight. I see him back-up a step, while firing at me and pull out a pistol. Then he fires at one Gwen and it 'pops' away. I can make out the real one out of the group! But lucky...that is not his next target!

Gwen tosses her, kunai style blade at the man. It hits his left arm and the pistol drops! Just as he fires, at the last 'fake' Gwen.

Now a gunshot hits the 'nut' in his armored back, he then spins around and readies to fire, at a cop that just got there. I see my chance! I leap at him and slice down on his right arm and chop the gun in half and some of his arm too! Then he goes for that grenade with left and since his right is hurt, but is working. He starts to fumble for yet another pistol. He is fast....but not fast enough! I bring my sword down across his shoulder, at his neck and split him practically in half and then chop the top of his body, from the lower half as it falls to the pavement.

A cop steps over the dead guys chopped up corpse and turns his gun on me. He yells at me "Stop" or something? I am not really making it out. I really don't care anymore. Anything with a gun or weapon at this point, is now a target between me and keeping my friends safe.

As the cop steps forward, I back-up to regain my spot to best cover Donna and the kids she has with her. Then I stop, as I feel Donna's gentle touch on my back and my head spins to the right for a second to check that all is well behind me. Once I see that they all are, I guide Donna farther behind me with a wave of my free left arm.

The cop takes another step to me and starts yelling at me even more now. I am so far in my single minded mode, for protecting those behind me. I don't even notice him or what he is saying. All I see is his gun aimed at me.

Donna places her hand on my back to say "Rohanna? He is a cop, do as he says!"

All I do, is wave her behind me again and then grunt...gurgle a reply to her. As my mouth is still trying to heal up. All that sound from me does, is spew more of my blood on my armored top.

Then my left eye, it catches some movement from that van all these guys came from! I have to twist my head a little, to get my right eye on that van. As my left is so messed up still, from the gun shot wound. When I get the van in focus, I see a man standing up from it and he fires his rifle at the cops back. The shot misses the cops head by an inch. The cop in front of me, ducks out of the way and looks for cover. Then the shooter curses, as he clicks the rifle from single fire to full auto...which was his intent! He never gets a chance at that next shot, as I hit him fully in the chest from a Levin bolt tossed from my left hand. The bolt blasts him back into the van, where is body lays smoking from the hit and now he is dead....or near dead.

The cop regains his feet and goes right back to aiming at me. "STOP! drop the weapon!" is what he yells next.

My reply is, to start cooking a Levin bolt in my left hand.

"Rohanna!" Donna shouts at me "it's a cop, it's a police officer!"

I glance at her again and step even more...to keep covering her up.

Donna, she shakes me with both hands "Rohanna stop! It's a police officer?"

Now another cop joins his partner and aims his gun at me "Stop! drop the sword NOW!" he demands. All I hear is a person ordering me! and his gun.

Donna shakes me again and she pleads with me "Rohanna please stop?" she shakes me again "He's just a cop. he is doing his job?"

I just shake my head, as best I can and try to keep her hemmed in behind me. As all I see, is a gun pointed at me. I trust no one today, that is not a friend or a fellow Sidhe! As damned humans just, tried REAL hard to kill me....and I near sob out at the thoughts....they killed Sara!

"Hey lady!" one of the cops shouts at Donna "Get her to drop the weapons and get on the ground...or she is going to get shot!"

"I will try...but she is hurt real bad...and...I don't think she is in her right mind now?" Then Donna points at the one I saved "Hey you...give her a chance...she just saved your butt!"

Donna leans to whisper in my ear "Rohanna...please listen to me. They are cops...you have to stop now. We are all safe."

I shake my head, to her...all I see is....the guns. Guns held by humans...and humans just tried to kill me!

Gwen slowly walks up to them both, then holds out an ID for them to read, she has both hands near up and tells them "Hey I can help.. I know her and I work for the MCO. I can help?"

One cop swivels to her and aims at her "STOP...get on the ground!"

Gwen starts to kneel down, as I get more than mad and overprotective! The Levin bolt on my left hand starts to crackle even more, as I ready to lose it at him. All that fills my mind is, He threatening a Sidhe!

Gwen can feel that flow of magic in the air and yells at me "Rohanna I am fine...no!" Gwen turns from yelling at me, to the cop on her "Hey officer...you might want to lower that a little....please? I am an Elf just like her, I can talk to her and end this?" as she says that...her mind races. Then notes my eyes are the most blazing red, she has ever seen on me....yet.

Donna pleads at the two cops "Please let her try? My friend is hurt bad and does not understand what is going on?"

"Hey Samuel...let her try. As I think this one" he points as best he can with his arm "is nowhere scared of us. She just seems real messed up and is protecting the lady?"

"Okay...But don't do anything silly or pull out a weapon!" he orders Gwen.

Gwen gets up and starts walking to me...she stops and glances at the cop "Officer? I am just saying? You shoot me and she will kill you...that's a fact. AND I can't stop that."

Gwen finally gets up in front of me "Hey Rohanna?" she says sofly.

I keep watching the cops....I dare not look away.

"Rohanna look at me please?" she begs.

I easily give into her request and look down at her.

"Hey its over, let these guys do their job and clean this mess up. I will watch over you and make sure they are fair to you."

All I can do is barely sob out, with a gurgle of my blood "Sara?" to her.

Donna yelps out "SARA! I forgot...I need to help her!" and she tries to run, but my arm stops her from doing it "Please let me go Rohanna?"

A sound of large trucks and sirens is heard by us all and a mass of large armored vehicles pulls up. Then SWAT teams pile out of them. They....once out, start pointing even more guns at me and they are some of the biggest rifles and shotguns I think I've ever seen.

All I do is get madder, breath even heavier and my heart rate shoots way up. As my body gets ready for a fight! Gwen feels that change in me, wraps around my waist in a hug and looks into my eyes "Please don't? They will kill you!"

The first cop barks, at the newly arriving men "Hey back off, we nearly got her to give up...till you goofs all showed up! Now back away!" most of them lower their guns and start looking at the other dead gunman on the street.

I look down at her.... those eyes she has, tell me to give up. Then add Donna is near climbing allover my back to get to....what's left of Sara? I finally give in. I drop my sword and it vanishes, as it hits the concrete. Then the spell on my right hand, drops away and I let it fade.

I then fall to my knees, as they asked me to. But Gwen stands her ground to them, as they run up to us both "Hey get her a medic, she is hurt real bad! and be gentle damn it!"

A SWAT member ignores her fully, wraps a meaty paw behind my neck and slams me to the ground. My already hurt head bounces off it, to be hurt even more. The sudden motion, opens the wound on my back even more and new blood flows out from under my armor.

The guy on my back is given huge cuffs and wraps my hands in them. "Well she is not going anywhere now!" he boasts. "Those are 'brick cuffs' made for the toughest mutants."

Gwen tries to get to me again "Hey I asked you to be gentle with her, what gives?...You hurt her even more!"

As she moves to me, one SWAT member tosses her back and she falls on her butt hard. When I see that, I spin out from under the cop and almost to my feet. But, Gwen gets on top of me during the commotion, as fast as she can and lays me back down.

"STAY down you idiot! These guys will shoot you!" she yells, at my face.

The same SWAT member that tossed her back before, does it again and tosses her off me hard "Get out of here, you DAMN MUTANT!"

As Gwen is flung off me, I spin again and wrap this guy up in my legs. Then I flip him to the ground and try real hard to snap both of his legs with mine all wrapped around his. 'Hurt my little sister! I will hurt you bastard human!' my mind rages out.

As I am trying real hard to hurt this guy, I can't get any leverage. Because my arms are cuffed behind my back and my back is hurting like mad. I try to spin again, but Gwen gets on me and rolls me off him.

"Stop that Rohanna! I am fine...he is just an asshole!"

She gets off me, after I calm down allot and yells at the cop who's life I saved. "You! you're the one who should watch her! As you owe her a BIG! favor and GET THAT MEDIC!...NOW!" she barks at him.

That cop, does as she asks him too with a nod of his head. He yells into a radio for a medic. And far off, one starts coming over from where they where helping the wounded innocent shoppers. That the guy with the machine gun, had cut down. As he sprayed the whole street.

The cop I tried to hurt, finally gets up from rubbing his hurt legs and stands next to me. He starts to whip a foot back to kick me in my hurt side. But stops when Gwen laughs at him

"Go ahead and kick her, she will just not hurt your legs this time. She will try and kill you...is my bet and do it! I will just stand here, watch her do it and record it with my cell phone here! Ohh ya moron, this is loading on the net live via a friend of mine...It will be all over the net, a minute after you do that!" she boasts to him.

As she yells at the guy, I sit up and try to see what Donna is up too with Sara. All I can see is...she is going near nuts and yelling into her cell phone. That does not look good. My head goes down and I nearly cry.

He backs off in fear of me. And to prove a point to the man even more, she pulls out her MCO ID and shows him "See this...you're going to be in my report of all this! Have fun trying to keep your job!"

A medic gets to me, as she touches me to look me over. I jolt in sudden fear, as my head was down...thinking Sara is gone. "Its okay..." she says softly "let me look at you?"

I let her and she slides me to the curb of the street. To sit me better and looks at my face "Jesus! WHAT the heck hit you?....You should be dead! ..from that wound?"

She starts to look at the busted jaw even more. I mange to gurgle out badly "I am...fine. Leave me alone." The medic backs off a little and looks at Gwen "You're her friend...please calm her down a little.....and is she a high regen?"

When Gwen hears that, she gets down next to me "HEY you're nowhere near...fine. Let the medic look at you...she seems to be a nice girl?" Then Gwen turns to the medic "Yes, she is a high regen...a five I think?"

I nod then... gurgle out again "I am fine..."

The medic just stops at Gwen's warning, puts on some longer gloves and gets back to working on me.

Gwen whispers in my ear as she sits next to me "Is this...those silly compulsions at it again? Don't lie to me. I know you can't!" she laughs trying hard to cheer me up.

I sigh....then nod to her.

"So...when you're hurting....you still say you're okay?"

I sigh...then nod again. But now the tears are flowing. I moan out "Saraaaa?"

"I don't know? But Donna has that.... and us or just me over there is not going to help any bit more? So I am staying with you, no matter what! As these GOONS" She yells suddenly at the group and the medic laughs when she does "might try and kill you!"

"Hey....lets get her up and in the back of my wagon. So, I can help her more and get her to the hospital?" Then the medic stands up and with Gwen' help. They both, get me standing.

The medic, she starts to lead me off to a waiting ambulance. Once there, she gets me in and sits me down. The cop I saved...he just watches the whole thing. Darn guy doesn't even try and help? All he does is mumble allot.

One thing I make out from that mumble is "Monster!"

My rage at him raises and I gurgle out at him "Not monster!" as best I can.

Gwen heard what he said too and jumps into his face "Hey why don't you just shut...the...F-up! and leave her alone! GOD save someone's life and they talk shit!"

The cop just gets mad and closes the door on the ambulance. While he warns me "Don't do anything stupid!"

The medic wraps my face, in a special tape to help seal the wounds and wraps the whole mess in a bandage "Well that should do, till we get you to proper care. Now lets look at the wound on your side..shall we?"

I watch her go for my side and try to remove my armor. I move off from her grasp and shake my head. She tries again, I move again. Then she says to me "Hey I have to look!" and does it again.

This time, I snap out with my foot and shove her to the wall of the ambulance. In this confined space its a move, I should have not been able to do....But as I say, Sidhe are built different and move different from a human. Then there is me..in a strange place beyond that!

Gwen wraps a arm around my leg and tries to pull if off the girl...But I am not moving. All the medic says is "I have to look under that leather of her's, at that wound?"

I flex my toes and a blade 'pops' from my boot, to lay on her neck. She looks at it and squeaks out "Okay fine....I understand...I am not looking under that leather armor of yours...I get it!"

The blade 'pops' back into my boot and I let her off the wall. Gwen hisses at me "What was that!"

"Armor....never off in fight..." Is all I can gurgle out from the bandages now.

Gwen nods to me "You don't feel safe..so till you do...That shell stays on? I get it."

The medic nods to her "Girl, your friend here is....woof! I have never seen that...even in a Jackie Chan movie!...But I am not telling the cops about that...It would be a bad idea..." she then winks at us both.

I feel the spell of whatever it was keeping me from teleporting fade, like a dying light bulb. I nudge Gwen "Teleport....back"

She glares at me, then scolds me "Don't you even think of porting out of here. You will make things worse by doing that!."

I nod back to her.

Then she whispers to me "Save it, till you really need it?"

We all start to relax and the medic is wrapping my face and neck in a new towel to soak up the blood. When the rear door is suddenly wrenched open, by an older cop in a cheap business suit.

"So here is the murdering mutant, that killed four humans and got a cop killed by being here. THEN add three! more civvies died because she is here!" He grabs my arm, wrenches me out of the ambulances back and I tumble to onto the street. I did not have a chance to keep from falling, as my hands where cuffed and any move I make...might get Gwen hurt.

Gwen near screams at the old cop "WHAT! she never murdered anyone! I was here and watched it all. HECK! she saved lives! Including one of you're own cops!" she looks at the cop, that she is talking about "Well say something? You owe her your life!"

The cop coldly states "She did not save me at all. I saved myself!" and walks off.

"HA shut-up mutie bitch!....Unless you want some of this trouble!" he says, as I am dragged to my feet by him and a partner that just showed up.

The both of them drag me over to a four door sedan and start to shove me in. The older of the two, yells at me "GET IN!" and shoves me into the car's roof, as he does "Whoops you should have ducked, you stupid mutant!" after a few tries he gets me in the car...battered even more...but in.

I leer at him and I chose not to fight back..Gwen said it would go bad if I did.

He then leans in and tosses a towel around my neck to soak up more blood "Here, this is to keep you from getting that crappy blood of yours all over my car!" and he slams the door.

The other leans in the car, to do my belt "What kind of freaking mutation are you? With this dark skin, weird eyes and pointy ears! Are you some sort of silly Christmas elf or something? he barks at me.

"Hey! stop that!" Gwen yells at the older cop, who had just slammed me hard into his cars door and roof.

"I said shut-up mutant! Unless you want the same!" the older one shouts at her.

"Try me..." Gwen takes out her MCO ID and shows them "I want to go with you, to make sure she is unhurt!"

"NO!...you can follow later...as this IS not! an ...MCO car or their jurisdiction!" he barks at Gwen, as he and the partner get in the car.

"I want your names...please? As I have to file a report too?"

The younger one says "I am Don Kelly and the old fart is Steve O'Hara."

Gwen turns to the medic who is watching the whole thing "Can't you stop them...she needs a doctor?"

The medic shakes her head "Sadly I can't...But take my name...I saw all that and will TALK about it later!" she threatens.

Gwen watches them drive off and just sees a MCO car pull up. She runs over to it "Hey I need you to drive me to the police station, where the girl in the middle of all this mess is going to!...please?"

One of the men just exiting the car, looks at her to ask "Why?"

"Well...one, she is a mutant and it might be our jurisdiction?" and she shows her ID to him "the other...I know her and the cops who took her are already mistreating her!.....and she needs a hospital bad!... "

The agent takes a look at her ID "You're that kid, from the Berlin office?" Gwen nods to him "Okay lets go" he opens the door for her and off they go.

Gwen, after she is settled in the back seat. Hops on her phone immediately "Hello Dad? I am in Boston, I need real help fast! My friends and I got attacked here just now and its real bad!" she rips off at him, at near the speed of light.

"WHAT? Slow down honey...tell me what happened slowly."

"We were shopping for stuff for Rohanna and then a bunch of guy attacks us. I was off looking at one window and a guy blasted Sara...with a machine gun!....I don't know how bad she is....it was in the head ..dad! It was gone...but she is....a GOO? " she starts crying when she thinks about it.

"Hey..keep going....I need to know things...keep professional. I know its hard." he encourages her.

"Then...that guy, shot Rohanna!...I did not see most of that. But when I looked up after the shooting stopped from him. His head was.....off...dad, she cut it off." she stops...thinking of the sight, of the mans head rolling in the gutter.

"Gwen...please keep going I know its hard...."

"Then I started to move...and a new guy...tried to shoot Donna..Sara's friend. AND Rohanna...she killed him with a spell...God...that was messy.. Then Rohanna...she got to Donna and some kids. When a new guy jumped out of a van and ripped up the whole street with a huge gun. I think it was a M60 or something of that sort? I ducked when he did that...but people got hit and a cop died then. Rohanna kept everyone that was near her, behind a shield of her's and saved them. The guy was doing something...I started to go over there and Rohanna looked like she was about to do something real stupid. Like charge the guy! I distracted him with a Pixie of mine and my knife. Then Rohanna cut him bad.....he tried to shoot me. He missed" she starts balling bad now. Even the guys in the car with her....are mad now! As someone tried to kill off one of their own.

"Gwen..stay with me?" her dad, asks.

"She cut him down. When a cop shot him in the back. Then the cop and her...just stood there for...ever! I helped talk her back down. But not before another guy jumped out of that same van again and tired to shoot that cop...Rohanna..she cooked him! Then she gave up...DAD she was hurt bad..half her face is GONE! on it's left side AND I think she is wounded very bad in the back. She was wheezing up blood all over! The two...what must be detectives that showed up. They took her from the medic treating her and would not let her go to the hospital!....Dad! what do I do?"

"Well...honey. Calm down, call the school and let them know what happened. Then call Rohanna's parents..if you know the number? I will come right down to the station! As this has MCO written all over it....Rohanna is an elf like you?"

"Yes..she is mostly. AND Rohanna has no parents. Her Guardian is Fey's dad."

"WHAT! her guardian is Fey's dad? Well call him! He can get ten times what I can done!...But I will be right there! ...so bye and let me get going and make calls."

As soon as her dad hangs up, she skims through her contact list and finds Fey's dads emergency number. Nick Reilly answers the phone on the third ring "Gwen? Is something wrong?" he asks, with more than concern bleeding through his voice.

Gwen squeaks out "Yes, I was out shopping with friends and we all got ambushed. Rohanna got shot.....and she had to kill four guys to save us all."

"Damn it....how bad!"

"She got one to the head at least...and one in the back! The detectives of Boston took her to the station...SHE really needed to go to the hospital! Half her face is gone!" she sobs.

"I am on this, I have a few local friends. One will be there shortly...and the phone is ringing...one line is the school and the other......is Donna? Your other friend?"

"Yes Mr. Reilly...Donna was here too. She is also with Sara....I think Sara is dead. Rohanna thought she was?"

"Well you stay with Rohanna and try to keep her calm...as we both know that Drow can be dangerous. I will work all my contacts and have this washed away! So bye...." and the phone clicks off.

Gwen...leans back into the seat and takes a moment to cry it all out....to get all of what just happened out of her. So she can think later on. As she cries and sobs. One of the MCO men in the front hands her a pack of tissues "Hey I heard all of that....And if others say the same thing? Your friend might get a medal out of this? Heck maybe she should tryout for a Cape Squad position with the 'hero's?"

"HA my friend a hero? If you only knew her past!" Gwen laughs, the funniness is just what she needed right now.

While Gwen and I are going through our madness---------

Donna had run over to Sara's laid out form. She finds small parts of it moving and trying to reform. But Donna knows that this will take time, as the damage was huge! She gets her cell phone out of her bag and calls Dr. Otto.

"Otto!" she barks at the phone, not even giving the man a chance to say 'hi'... "Sara is down! I need help here! AND add Rohanna is hurt badly, she is being taken to the police station right now! "

"What....Donna!" that shriek is so loud from the phone, people near her heard it "I will get a medical team set for Sara...will she need substance of any large levels?"

"Yes...she is hurt bad and needs something after she gets back up....or she will feed AND we don't want that! I just turned on this phones ARC ping for location!"

"I am typing in a request right now and hitting send. So how bad is Rohanna then?"

"From what I saw, a large head wound to her mouth...on both sides. Left side of her neck hurt bad. Then she seems to have a wound on her back on the right side, as I saw lots of blood leaking out from that side. But the worst...is that I saw the cops taking her. Gwen went after them all in a different car?"

"Well I have a dropship lifting off right now and will be there in...say Twenty minutes. Then I have a legal unit on the way to the station, to clean up this mess. Hold tight and keep this phone on!"

"Otto...send Bill along ...As Rohanna is mentally really messed up and he might be able to calm her down!"

"Got it...lucky, he is in today and my message has been seen by him. So he is on his way to the pad for that second ship to lift off. Sit tight....help is on the way!"

Donna hangs up on him and her next call is to Paige. As she can do damage control for this mess! "Paige!" she barks at the phone.

"Donna...shit! I am glad its you. I felt Sara get hurt! I know she is with you. I can't feel her!...is....she dead?" she asks, starting to cry a little.

"No...hurt bad yes. BUT! before you go all nuts, she is healing up. I have Otto and them on the way to fix this."

Paige interrupts her "You want me there?!"

"Please...no. What I need is your hacking skills to clean up, all the video of this mess and lose it. Then find what looks good and hype the crap out of it! So that the public morons at large, are feed the story we want and this goes bye-bye!"

"I am SO! on it!" Then Paige's voice changes a little "I see you via that cam over your right shoulder...I am searching out the video cameras on the block, copying what I find and then nuking it...after I leave. I have all the cell phone video too now and killing that off. Ohhhh I found Rohanna and she is almost at the main police station...Gwen is right behind her."

"Good Paige...please keep an eye on her?"

"I will...Otto's boys are almost there. They are marked for a parking lot right behind that building. The cops are clearing it right now. Ohhh MY GOD Donna...I just found the vid on what Ro did...sheeesh.....yech. I am never going to piss her off ever again! I wonder....can she?.....show me how to do that!? That looks like fun? Want to see?"

"Ahh no, I watched it live...that was enough!"

"I bet" says the disembodied voice off her phone "But I have Rohanna in my sights and will watch her. Ohh here is that ship...now!"

The line drops, as Donna watches a medium size dropship just clear the building. It moves to land beyond it, just as Paige said it would. Within a few minutes the ARC technicians and guards. They have set up quite the little area around Sara and Donna. The cops are pushed back and privacy tents are setup to cover the whole mess. The techs take samples of all the ammo used and photograph as best they can, all the bodies.

Another ship arrives and Otto himself walks off it and comes over to console Donna. As he hugs Donna A few well trained techs and medical personal are going to the tent with small cages full of animals.

"Well how are you Donna?" Otto asks his friend, as he hugs her close.

"I am better...I see you brought Sara a meal just in case. No blood this time?"

"Nope this is better, we have found this out from our studies of her. But I have another ship on its way to Rohanna" He looks around the area "this is quite a large mess here? You think this was just an attack and you're here by accident or planned for Sara or maybe Rohanna?"

"I have to wonder?" Donna says "Rohanna felt something blocking her ability to teleport, as we exited the mall? I have to wonder....was that just a general thing or...something aimed at her?"

"I'll look into it."

"I shake at this thought....Otto?"

"What?" he asks gently, as he can see she is scared.

"If this was for Sara?....Then Rohanna...she being here. Saved us all."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The car I am in, winds its way through the city. It goes toward what I guess, is the main police department and its jail block. I am going over what happened in my mind and once I see what happened. My thoughts can only go to one dark place.

....'They are going to blame me for all those deaths and kill me!.....'

The Drow in my head is out screaming, what little human I have left in my head 'See what did I tell you! We should have left that first time they let us outside! You felt that 'pull' of the forest. But you listened to Sara...and now we are paying for it!'

My head hangs in shame...the Drow was right! 'But I loved her? She meant no harm to us?'

'Loved is right...she is gone and we have to get out of this!' the Drow rages on!

My body starts working on the wounds now, as I think to myself... 'I have to get out of this place. My face is not healing well, got to find someone who can at least get it all lined up right to heal faster. My Back and lung on the other hand. Are not healing at all. What ever the bullet is made out of? Its not letting me heal right? Its not magical or cursed? I would have felt that? It must be some weird new human alloy?'

The towel around my neck, is now soaked in blood and I am now starting to feel the loss of that blood. I feel a little sluggish and woozy. My body shoves that off, with a burst of adrenalin it calls out.

Then the car drives into an underground garage and I nearly scream. But I don't. I have to wait....wait till they have their guard dropped and I am healed enough! Then I have to see no other options and I am out!

The car stops in a gated section, the old cop waves his hand at a window. Then the gates close and when its closes the car is locked into a near escape proof section. The younger cop gets out first, to go to that window and talk to someone behind the thick glass. The older one gets out and then yanks me out of the back seat "GET out of there you mutant bitch!" he yells at me.

"Hey Steve you might want to ease off a bit?" the younger one asks.

"No this bitch, she is not worth it. She's mutant scum! None of them are worth it, all of them should be put to death at birth!" he howls out.

The elevator opens up and he shoves me in it. I bounce off the back of the elevator, then he finishes shoving me into the corner...face first. I want to fight back...but hitting a cop now with all these cameras and witnesses. They will kill me for sure! Or I will be jailed for years...and being in a box that long...I can't take!

After we go up, the doors on the elevator open up, he spins me around and I look over the floor we are now on. I find its a regular, near life, imitating art, police detective office, room. A modern one...but all the same. The sign on the wall is 'Major crimes..murder unit. I am shaking my head after I read it..... I'm in deep trouble.

A few of the officers watch me stagger by, with a blood soaked towel wrapped around my neck. Blood is starting to drip off it onto my armor and then to the floor with each step I take.

One of the detectives blurts out "Hey she is injured bad...you might want to take her down to the infirmary?"

Steve yells out "She's just fine. She's a mutant! She will heal up in a couple of minutes."

"Ohh a mutant...monster! Don't worry about that! If she dies even better" one boasts from across the room. I stare at him 'Call me a monster...your face I am going to remember....AND a face I remember, is one that does not live long!' is my only thoughts.

The first detective yells back "Hey she is still a person. Take her down to the infirmary. She is leaking blood allover the floor?"

Steve glares at Don his partner "Hey go get a new towel. So that she does not get her crap blood allover our floor!"

Steve, while his partner is gone. Takes me down a hallway, to what looks like an interrogation room and spins me into a chair at a table there. He leaves my cuffs on, so now I find the chair edge is all I can sit on. I still can't talk at all with my wounded mouth, as all the bones are busted up and still moving around in there. Then add all the bandages on me. All I can get out is a gurgle once and awhile and some moaning.

Don finally comes back with a new towel. He puts on gloves and pulls off the old one and drops it in a trash can. Then he puts on a new one in its place. He removes the gloves, drops those in the can, then pulls it out and ties the bag shut.

As Don sits, he says with a yawn "Well Steve you should read her.....her rights?"

"Ohhh I will read her, her rights alright!" and he walks out of the room. I can just barely see him as he goes to his desk? Then he opens the bottom most drawer and pulls out something from the far bottom of that drawer. He then walks back to this room, shuts the door and stands over me.

The older cop, He looks at Don "Hey Don I will read her....her rights!...Here is you're right!" he then smacks me across the left side of my face. He just hit me with a leather wrapped rod, he hit me just hard enough to mess up what bones, had just lined up in my jaw and messed them up all over...again!

I felt more than a sting from that blow....as now my skin where he hit me. Starts to burn a little.....'COLD IRON!'...My mind screams as it remembers that pain. Damn it he is using cold IRON on me! Does he know what that does to one of us Sidhe?

"Well that was you're first right! Here is another one!" He hits me on the right side now. My wounds are even more messed up now and blood starts flowing even faster out of me.

My body with near no thought from me, shuts down all the blood flowing to that section of my wounds. The blood itself is great for helping to seal theses wounds...but I can't afford to lose more, I already feel the loss of so much now.

"ENOUGH Steve? You really starting to mess her up, She started to heal up and now she's back to square one again or worse?" Don complains to him.

"She's a healer, a regen or whatever the hell they call themselves. She should be fine by the time they get down here and really interrogate her!" he smacks me again.

A low growl comes from deep in my chest and the younger of the two can hear it "Well look now Steve? Ya really pissed her off now!"

"SO? what is she going to do? She is locked in 'brick-cuffs'....Near no-one has ever got out of those!"

My hands are trying to work the lock on the cuffs now, as fast as I can! Cop or not 'I am going to wrap my hands around his neck and squeeze the life out of this human!' my mind yells.

"SO are you going to talk now?"

Don laughs at his partner "Steve? she is so messed up....and you expect her to be able to talk? Maybe we should take her down to the Infirmary and have her patched up a little bit? ......then maybe she can talk?"

He puts the rod back down on the table "Hummmm" the old one ponders "Okay...fine then. I'll take her to the infirmary, to patch her up and then we will see if she can talk. Then she can until spill her guts and admit to murdering three men in the streets! Three human men! This piece of filth!" he picks me up violently, then drags me towards the elevator again.

His partner Don follows us both, all the while he is shaking his head. Then I am spotted coming out of the interrogation room, by the one detective who showed actual concern for my health out of the whole room. He glares at Steve "WHAT! did you do! She's worse than.....when she went in there?"

Don waves at him really quick and the 'blue line of silence' falls over the room. Then I get shoved into the elevator again and it goes down. Once the door opens I see...jail cells in front of me. My body tenses from the sight 'locked up again! I can't take...I just got out!'

Steve, feels me stop and shoves me forward. But he shoves me to another door. A door that says infirmary on it and Don opens it for us all. Once in it, I see its a really small place. Made to handle two or three patents at best. This is a medical clinic for inmates, quick patch-ups and anything worse goes in the hospital. A nurse and medic that work in the room, are shocked at my entrance via my 'beat to a pulp' state.

The medic jumps up and shouts "Jesus Christ what happened to this one? She should be going to the hospital."

Steve shoves me forward to the medic "She is fine. She is one of those mutant regens or what ever. Just get her face back together and she will be great."

The medic leads me off to a treatment room with Steve at my back shoving me the whole way. Once I am seated on the exam table there, he leaves and locks the cell door to this section behind him. "I am going for a snack and some coffee. So take care of the bitch and I will be right back" he near orders the medic.

Once left alone the medic, takes off the towel from my neck and face. "Holly Crap! Half your face is gone! You should go to the hospital!" he blurts out, more than startled by my wounds.

All I can do is glare at him, in reply.

"I don't know what to do with this?" he says out.

He keeps on looking a little, then stops and pulls on a set of longer gloves. Then adds a apron to his top. I am sitting there, fully thinking about what is going to happen to me. The more I think, the deeper I go into a lingering depression. 'I saved Donna...but lost Sara. Now they are going to blame me for killing the guys who attacked me? Then add this...cop! Wants to add the people who got in the way to my bill?'

As the medic finally unwraps the last of the other medics fine work, that STEVE ruined! He tilts my head up, to ask me "Hey if I fix this, can you heal up? If you're left alone long enough?"

I nod to him....yes. I always say 'yes, I am fine'. When I am hurt, to do so in the past was death. I then put my head down again and resume my plunge into the dark.

"Hey look at me?" I look up at him "Will it be an hour or two? Nod your head for each hour."

I nod twice to him and tilt my head....I am saying two maybe, three to him. I am not sure. As this wound, was caused by a strange bullet and I am having trouble healing because of it.

"Okay two to three?....ya think? You're not sure?" he asks.

I shake my head to him...no I am not sure.

"Well I am going to do the best I can. I saw some wounds like this...in the sandbox. So I have some Idea how to fix this, as I helped many of the docs do this same stuff there. But you should go to the hospital?"

I nod as best I can....'yes moron, I need the hospital or something!'

"I don't think Steve, is going to let you go to the hospital. He wants you to suffer and I can't override him. I will lose my job for sure."

He then starts taking special devisor tapes out and other bandages. His hands and fingers work hard at moving, what is at least three broken parts of the left side of my jaw back into place. "Jesus...so much damage here, what hit you?"

I just look at him.

"Did someone shoot you?"....I nod my head a little "If I was not afraid of losing my job...I would send you to the hospital. These guys will make me lose my job for sure and then I will get blackballed for sure! "You understand?"

I shake my head for 'no!' I don't understand why you're WEAK! I try and glare at him, with my busted up face. 'if you can't strand up for what you know is wrong.....then you're useless to the world. Then add, this guy is a medic like Bill was!'

He washes out the wound more than once, to get all the loose objects out of it and then plucks out several pieces of the bullet. He gets it all together, as it should be and then he seals it all up with a special glue.

"There all done, as best I can. Now that glue will dissolve pretty quickly, as you heal. So leave it alone....if you can? I want to get some fluids into ya. But you're gurgling on your own blood. I don't want you choking on anything I give to ya?...Should I put an IV into you?

I shake my head very furiously to that question. 'human IV in me, a Drow! hell no!'

He starts cleaning me up as best he can. He wipes all my armor down with water and big gauze pads. As he does that he states to me "You have some of the weirdest blood, I have ever seen! I bet this is a level four biohazard!"

I nod my head a little. Then he drops it all into a waste can and then drops that into a burn station in the wall. I am happy he did that, now I don't have to worry about that blood of mine getting lose!

"Well that is the best I can do? I hope they take you to a hospital soon, then you will heal up faster. I am sorry I could not get you better help" I look at him in rage... I am burning up looking at him by the second. I pity him..he is weak and useless. He then stands me up, hits a pad on the wall and gets the cell open again. The door slides open with a loud clang and he helps me out.

He hands me over to Steve, who barks "Looks like she is patched up good enough!"

Then Steve and Don shove me at the elevator again. After the call button for it is hit.....it finally comes and with the opening of the door. The medic gets some guts back and yells at them as they shove me in the elevator "YOU know she should go to the hospital!"

Don shakes his head, puts his finger to his lips to shush the man and the door closes on us three. Once down stairs, Steve puts me in that same interrogation room and sits me down "Now you sit there for a good little while and see if a half an hour to forty-five minutes heals you up!" and he then slams the door on me.

Now my meditation starts and tries to center my mind. I drive my concentration toward my wounds, to get them healed up as fast as possible! After about thirty minutes, My face is starting to heal up really good. That medic managed to pull, the bones close enough for my healing to take over. I am now sure that his washing out of my wounds and plucking out of the bits of bullet. Has sped up my healing. Concentrating on it, meditating and pushing my essence into healing.

My mind is wishing, I had bothered to have learned a freaking healing spell! Then I might be able to do something for myself! Those two things are placed on top of my list of spells to learn in magic class, a healing spell and a holding spell DAMN IT! I start berating myself for not knowing these two things. I do know a holding spell or two. But have to add it to my repertoire, MUCH closer to the top. I can not go ramshackle over everybody anymore, killing at my free will anything that moves! I'm thinking back to the four guys I just killed. I am actually happy that I just carved up four guys! I have not lost my touch! I am happy I did it! That made me feel good. As I am thinking to myself that shouldn't be, I should not like carving people up?...the human part tells me that. BUT the DROW she craves it...It felt good and I liked it.... I liked it allot!

As my mind sits deep in mediation, the door to my room gets near ripped open. Steve comes in the room in a huff and sits across from me. One of my eyes barely opens to give him notice. Don quickly follows and stands in the corner.

"Well are you going to talk now!" he shouts at me. Then he rattles off the standard Miranda rights to me. Then shoves me back in my chair and I nearly fall. I smack the underside of the table with my boot, to keep from going over to the floor.

I mumble out "No" as I lean far back, with his hand on my chest.

"Humm maybe some more of this will get you to talk....then!" and he waves that leather covered rod in my face "Confess you mutant FREAK!"

I can smell the old cold iron in it, as he moves it closer to my face. I instantly wince and move back, as I feel it starting to sting me. My face even twists way from it, as he does.

"SO you are scared of this?!" he barks at me.

Don, on the other hand sees something is not normal "Hey Steve, she was shot in the face...Yet a metal club like that, she is scared of? Don't make sense?....let me see that?"

I watch him hold it, after Steve hands it to him and he hefts it a little. Then looks it over. "Hey Steve this is real old? Where did you get this?"

"Dad gave it to me....A cop or what can be said to be a cop in my family. Has had that, as a piece of luck for over Eight Hundred years...or more? It came from Ireland."

"Humm Can I open this flap and look at it?"

"GO ahead. But stop, if it looks like you might ruin it?"

Don undoes a simple tie, that was holding down a flap and out of the leather tube. Slides a cold iron rod, that is about fifteen inches long. Now that its out, I can really see that its the 'old' style iron and Nature made....Nature made, as in Via some kind of natural act, lightning, or a meteorite. Then someone in the past, put a spell or two on it! I can see that now, the leather was covering that up! I bet the spell is carved into the rod! If I could only see it, I would know for sure

Don slides his hands all over it and studies it closely. Then leans into the light to see it better, as he does "You know Steve there is some funny writing all over this. I think this is some kind of Iron or steel?"

Don then does something I though he would never do. He waves the rod at me, as if to hit me. As it comes close...too! close! I wince back! AND fast! What ever it is, or is on it...it was made to hurt Sidhe! I can tell that now.

"WOW Steve...she really does not like this thing. Let me test something?" he then pulls out a small stun baton and snaps it open. Then whacks me hard on the leg. It hurts...but not as much as the other rod will...if he uses it!

Both of the tone out 'humm' a the same time.

"Let me look something up Steve?" Don then pulls out a data tablet and goes on it.

Steve turns his anger back at me "Well you talking or what?"

I mumble out "No....I want a lawyer....please?"

Steve just sits there and tries real hard to intimidate me with his stare. I just sit there and look back at him and don't blink....that seems to unhinge him a little?

He jumps up to strike me again and Don stops him "Hey before you do that, read this?" and he hands him the data tablet.

After he is done reading, he looks up at me and smiles "SO you elves don't like iron...and the older the iron the better!"

Steve then snatches up the rod off the table and waves it to my face. "So are we talking now?" he asks while putting closer to me.

"No" I say flatly.

He gets REAL close and I wince back a little "How about now?"

"No"

Then he lays it on my face, right across my 'good' cheek. It burns like mad! Smoke just pours out of the boiling wound on my face. I try to wince back or move and find I can't? I am 'held' ...stuck fast. Something in that rod, is magically holding me from moving! THEN I scream in pain, like I have near never done! My very bones hurt! My flesh feels like its on fire.

When I scream, both of them jump back from my howl. As it was THAT loud! Steve looks that simple rod in his hand "Jesus! You would have thought, I used a white hot rod on her! WOW! this thing is the real deal!"

"Ahh Steve..Buddy don't do that again? I think we are going to be in trouble, as it is!" pleads Don.

I sit there and curse their very existence!

"Vel'drav Usstan inbau doeb d'nindolen, Usstan tlun aluin ulu drital l'vaen keven d'vlos dal dosst k'jakr taeborss xukuth! Dos Vith'ez rivvil!"
(When I get out of these, I am going to drink the last drops of blood from your still beating heart! You Fucking human!)

I am about to make a swear to their deaths...but something stops me. The human part stops that...as I will have to do it and killing a cop is a very bad idea!

Then the door is near slammed open and three other cops stand in the door. One asks "What the heck was that!"

He sees me sitting in the chair panting like mad, like I have just run twenty miles. I bark at him "I want an attorney and my guardian. I am a minor! I am exercising my right to remain silent!"

"YOU two have to stop this now....or we all might get in trouble! So get her down to lock-up and stow this shit!" he barks. The one that is talking ..is the only one that seemed to care about my health, when I came in.

Don stands up, then says "Well that's it!....He is right, so lets get her down to lock-up."

Both of them get up, walk over to me and stand me up. I am not cooperating at all. I do not want to be in a cell or box ever again!

"NO! I am not going into a jail cell!" I bark at them.

They both grab harder and drag me out of the room. I am thrashing about like a wildcat "NO I don't want to go to a cell!"

"How about this...since you don't like cells...I can put you all by yourself in a solitary cell WAY down in the mutant and supers holding area!"

I scream "NO!" and really start thrashing now! I near toss one off me and the other is barely holding on. I start to think about.....killing is the only way out. The Drow in me is screaming out...NO!

Next thing I know, that same cop that cared. Is racking a huge shotgun in my face. "NOW! listen....little girl. This is a Brickbuster shotgun! It will remove the top of your body! Now calm down, I can see you do not like the idea of a cell? But bear it for four hours....if four hours go by and you're not out yet. I will personally come, get you out and put you in a better place? But you have to be good and stay for now?"

All I say to him is "Are you swearing to me?"

Don hears that and shakes his head "Don't do that! She might be a mage and that would be bad!"

The man asks me "Are you a mage?"

I nod to him.

"Okay....I will only say, I will try as best I can....then will that work?"

I sigh.."Trust a cop? A human cop after today? Really?"

"Got to start somewhere?"

I nod "Fine...take me away?"

After that nod of mine, they drag me into the elevator and we go down. I count the floors as we go and find we go over or near six floors below what I can guess is ground level. Once there, I am taken through two huge locked doors....what an I thinking doors? More like Vaults! Then walked down, a long hallway of cells to the end. Steve opened the door and I see a yet another inner cell door.

'Great' my mind goes 'two doors to have to get through...this is going to be fun!'

Steve tosses me into the last cell and slams the door "Have fun!" and out he goes. Then the next door shuts and the light turns off. My eyes don't even notice the change...morons...they think, I can't see in the dark? I sit on the bench and start working the locked cuffs. Since I have been working on them all this time...I think I nearly got them. Then add the morons did not even put a 'spell ward' on them or the room! As I sit in the dark and working that lock...I argue with my 'inner' Drow and the human part....tries to keep her calm!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

While I am just having fun.......upstairs, Gwen has been yelling at the desk sergeant in the lobby trying to see me.

"But you have to let me see her! She does not do well in confinement! She will go nuts....and you really don't want to see 'nuts' out of her!" Gwen pointed out to the desk sergeant yet again!

"Look little girl. I don't care if you have a MCO ID. You're still a intern, not an agent. Then you're not her guardian or parent or a lawyer or an adult! SO! sit back down, before you get into more trouble than her!" he barks at her.

Gwen sasses back "I don't see how! You're framing her for murder! So what are you going to charge me with? Killing the U.N.! or something!"

"GO SIT NOW!"

Gwen gives in, as she has no real choice. She thinks to call dad again...But why? He is on the way and yapping to him will not make that happen faster! In a huff Gwen finally gives into her growling stomach and goes to a vending machine. She grabs a soda and a candy bar. Then sits back down to munch and stare at the old man behind the desk.

As Gwen sits and finishes up that candy bar. The huge elevator door to the lobby opens up and she sees Bill walk out. AND boy he looks mad, he is flanked by four guards from ARC and they are well armed. His head spins about looking for something to vent on and sees Gwen. When he does, he calms down and walks over to her and sits next to her.

As he gives her a hug "How is my green haired elf today?" he asks.

"I am better now that I can see the Calvary is here!" she wept on to his shoulder.

"So any word on Rohanna?" he asked.

"NO! they will not let me in to see her. Heck, I am not even sure they know where she is?"

Once Bill hears that, he gets up and goes to the desk. After sometime arguing with the cop behind it, he comes back defeated. "I got the same....I hope they are treating her right? As her locked up, is like a great white, in a tank full of goldfish!"

-------------------------------------------------------

Back at the mall

Donna is pacing outside of the tent, that was erected to cover up Sara. Dr Otto for most of that time has been on a cell phone with near dozens of people. He is trying to track down who has HIS Drow and where she is. Donna has noticed he is getting madder by the second by all the red tape in front of him. As she does what has to be her thousandth lap in front of the tent. She hears a stirring inside. So she peaks in and finds Sara up...but feeding on the caged animals to fill her need, after all that regeneration she just did.

Donna lets the tent flap slide from her fingers and stands there waiting till it opens on its own. Sara stands there and waves her in. Then wraps her in a huge hug and kisses her.

"God, I thought for a second they might have got you!" Sara near cries.

"I am fine...thanks to Rohanna." then, she hands her a new dress to put on. As the one she has on, is ruined by her blood and Rohanna's.

As she puts on the dress "Ohh MY GOD! the last thing I can remember....is seeing her. I got shot...but there must have been dozens of bullets flying at us!" Sara gasps out.

"She got hit.....and hit bad. But she was taken care of...." Donna says slowly.

"There is a 'but' in that...what happened?" Sara questions. As she exits the tent and surveys the damage. She can see the four dead gun man laying on the ground and a off down the block where innocents still lay in the street.

"The cops came and took her. But not to a hospital, like I am sure she needed. They took her to jail....and want to charge her with all of this! All the deaths. That is what Otto has found so far?"

Sara's anger grows into a rage....one that she rarely has. She near stomps over to Dr Otto. "Well PeeTee what's happening!" she demands.

Otto lifts the phone off his ear and closes it...As who was on the other end, is nowhere as important as calming Sara down "Rohanna...she is at the main headquarters and is from what I hear being questioned. Some yahoo detective there, wants to try and charge her with all this? I also called our lawyers and they are almost there. Bill is already there...but they have him sitting on his hands? Nick Reilly is coming and he called in a favor with a headhunter in the justice department. Then add Gwen called her dad at the Boston MCO and he is going down there too. If we leave now? All of us should hit that door at near the same time!"

Sara growls out "LETS GO!"

Otto hears that, leads her and the group to one of the waiting dropships in the parking lot.

After they all get onboard and it lifts off Donna hug on to Sara "Who where they after? They shot you, then Rohanna and were without doubt after me!"

"Love....I have no idea. But this had to be all planed!" she lets go of Donna and asks Otto "So any word on who these guys were? or who sent them?"

Otto shakes his head..."So far none of them come up in any data base? The van comes back as stolen? Then the guns!...All of them have no serial numbers ...they never did!"

"The ammo? As that was no normal ammo that hit me!"

"Yep its strange stuff! It has an alloy of Orichalcum in it, among others. Who ever made them intended on them, stopping not only your kind. But darn near anyone of the Fae or mythos! But Sara I have...most of ARC working overtime on this one! We will find something!"

Sara nods to him...then starts thinking 'Who would be nuts enough, to attack out in the open..in a major mall!'

---------------------------------------------------

Back at the police HQ lobby

Bill's phone rings and he answers it to hear Sara on the other end. "Bill? are you with Rohanna?"

"No...they will not let us near her."

Gwen plucks the phone from Bill's hand "Sara... they are being mean to her. I have cell phone vid of one of them bouncing her head off the car, as they put her in it!"

On the other end Sara's rage grows and the cell phone in her hand. It starts to crack, as she tries to crush it in anger "We are on our way" is all she gets out, before it fails from the damage.

Gwen hangs up the phone, as the desk sergeant gets a call and a mad rush starts happening behind the glass of the desk there. At the same time the elevator door slides open and a very pissed off Sara steps out. With her is Donna, Otto and about ten more ARC troops. This bunch has even heavier armaments than the four with Bill!

Sara and Donna grab Gwen in a group hug, then let go. Sara asks the elf "Well any word?"

"No...they will not lets us in to see her. We are not family or lawyers." she states.

As Gwen talks, four more men step off the elevator into the lobby and walk up to her "Miss Wylann? Your dad sent us over to help and keep an eye on you till he comes. Are you fine?"

"I am fine." she flatly says

"We heard another of your party was hurt bad? Carmilla?"

Sara stares at him "I was....but I managed to pull myself together" she says coldly "If I had not been so tough to kill...I would be laying out there...dead right now."

"Good to hear?"

"Did you find out who did this!" she barks at him. Barely keeping her growing anger in check.

"No...but we are looking into this. It may take some time?"

As he finishes, a group of well dressed men walk out of the elevator. The leader says out "I am looking for Gwen or Sara?"

"Here" Gwen says dryly.

"Hi Miss? I was sent over by Mr. Reilly. We are here to represent Miss Leigh. AND this gentleman, I met in the entryway. Is the local Federal DA. Who will be investigating any of this...that looks out of place."

The desk sergeant immediately face palms and moans out 'Ohhh crap!" as he recognized the most expensive law firm in the Boston area, is in his lobby and the federal DA. He grabs up the phone and starts to call the commissioner.

As the sergeant makes that call. The pack of legal muscle walks over to his desk. "Officer?" the leader asks him "We are here to represent Rohanna Leigh that is in your custody. We have been told she is being questioned without legal representation or her guardian present. Then add, we have been informed she needed medical care and has yet to receive said care? After she was wounded gravely. We need to see her NOW and if we don't in the next ten minutes. I will file a lawsuit on that! AND I might add it will be so BIG. That you will be lucky if your motor cops, are not using tricycles by the end of the month!"

The desk officer finally gets the public relations officer to come down, along with one to the commissioners. They both greet the crowd, but that greeting falls off real quickly into arguments and near threats from both sides.

After both sides have been going at it for near half an hour Gwen's dad walks in. Gwen when she sees him, runs over and gives him a hug "Not right now honey, we have to take care of business" he whispers to her.

Mr. Wylann wades into the group, and gets their attention. "So? let me guess? All of you have not gotten anywhere?" he looks at the attorneys "Did you tell these officers Who 'IS' Rohanna's guardian yet?"

All he gets in reply is a head shake. From the legal eagle.

"Well let me do that and maybe this will go faster?" he looks at the commissioner "Who are you? and why am I talking to you?"

"I am the assistant police commissioner!" he boasts.

"Well you might want to go get your boss! Because? Do you realize WHO! the guardian of this girl is? Do you have any clue?"

The lead attorney interrupts him...."I have been trying to hammer that into his brain...But he is not figuring it out?"

"Well then....who is her guardian?" asks the commissioner, in a huff.

"Its Nicholas Reilly...he is incharge of DARPA. He has the Presidents phone on speed dial, they hangout, eat barbecue ribs together, they drink beer, they play pool. Do you guys have any idea who you're messing with?! NOW GO FIND MY ELF!" he demands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Down in the cell

I finally got those cuffs off! Gaea they where tough, it took me over two hours to get them off? Either I am slipping or the humans are that good? My first thought, as they hit the floor. Is to blast them with a spell. But no, I will save them! Now I move to the inner door, from the ether I pull a lock pick set and start on the lock. I find its a real wired one, that has a very strange shaped key? Its a semi circle and flat with holes in it? Then add it has a set of electronics in it! One of my spells, zaps that in short order and that part is TOAST! On to the tumblers of the lock itself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The commissioner when he hears that long description of who is the elf's guardian, grabs a desk phone and calls the major crimes unit. Then has both detectives sent down. Once they both get there, he pulls them off into a corner to talk. Before the crowd gets to them.

"Well where is this elf? As this whole crowd is here for her!"

Don swallows hard, as he readies himself "Haaa sir? She is down in a cell in the mutant holding area?"

"What? Why would you do that?" the commissioner asks.

Steve peeps in "Well she is dangerous? and a mutie!"

The commissioner barks at the older detective "Shut-up with that! If they over heard you...you're so dead meat to me! Now stand here and shut-up, till I ask you to talk!"

The commissioner walks back over to the group to inform them "She's downstairs being held in a cell?"

"You're holding a minor, in a cell with regular prisoners?" the attorney barks.

"Hold on....she is not in general population. She is in the mutant, super holding facility, Six stories underground and in her own cell."

"WHAT!" shouts the attorney "Was she dangerous? did she hurt any officers?"

"She is dangerous ..she murdered four men!" Steve shouts.

"Murder is a strong WORD! We all know standing here. This was a case of self-defense! She and her friends where attacked with machine-guns! For Christ sake! They where not throwing bad words at her!.....Then lets add she was wounded and her friend her nearly died! If this young lady did not have any skills...she would be a corpus right now! Then add, she saved Donna her friend and four other children. THEN ADD I AM TOLD, SHE SAVED ONE OF YOUR OFFICERS!"

"Well lets go get her out and talk this over?" suggests the commissioner.

After he does so....the whole party is lead to the elevator behind the main desk and taken downstairs. The group exits the elevator and Sara near yells out when she finally sees how far down they are and the conditions of the cell block "You locked her down here! Don't you understand, she has BIG issues with being locked up!....God I hope she is alright?"

They are all led through several sets of large vault doors, then finally to the solitary cell section.

"Commissioner?" the Federal DA says to him in a not so friendly voice "your department is in real trouble putting a sixteen year old girl down here!"

The commissioner eyeballs both of his detectives "Gentlemen I hope...for your sake, she is in good shape?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my wonderfully appointed...cell.

I just got the inner cell door open, then finish jamming the lock on it, so it can't be used, to lock me back in too soon! Once I am done, plans form in my mind....door opens? and I am out of here! Is the main one! As I wait, I suddenly hear someone near the outer door. I snatch up the cuffs, as they will make a great weapon!

As the door opens. I throw he set of cuffs, as hard as I can...But I don't aim at the guard. As he has not done anything ...yet!

The group from down the cell block hallway, sees a guard open my cell and my cuffs come FLYING out. Then they bash into the wall, just missing the guard.

As they bash into the wall with force, as I scream at them all "Zhah nindel l'alurl dos inbal? Nindolen waele cuffs! Ph'dos Bu'thunasson uns'aa!"
(Is that the best you have? These stupid cuffs! Are you joking me!)

Sara snickers in the hallway "She seems to be doing well?"

Gwen starts laughing at the line.

Donna is shocked at both of them and their humor "What you mean?"

Sara laughs out "I honestly expected this whole end of the jail, to be rubble, at this point and her walking down the hall tearing the cell doors off. Then maybe gone up the elevator shaft by now?"

"She seems quite calm?" says Gwen, with more than a giggle.

Donna questions her "Calm?"

"They locked her in the cell six stories under the ground? Just like at ARC? Shot her, locked her in the dark and handcuffed her! Don't you think? She looks really calm considering?"

I'm still cursing to the cop, who does not dare....come in my view of the doorway. "Doer wun ghil lu'Usstan tlun aluin ulu niir'l dos maglust! Dos xa'huuli rivvil!" (Come in here and I am going to tear you apart! You worthless human!)

Gwen tugs on Sara, to get her attention "Do you know what she is saying?"

"I have no Idea, what she is saying...I don't speak...THAT!" Sara giggles out "You know? she was right in the car down here? Both of us, might want to learn that language she is saying? Obviously with her getting mad all the time? She is going to be speaking it allot!"

Gwen laughs at the thoughts.

Sara says in a melodic voice "Rohanna?"

I hear that voice? I can't believe it! I peak around the cell door and see Sara, along with Gwen and Donna standing in the hallway. They are all smiling at me. My heart fills with so much 'joy' I run down the hallway to her.

I get to her, wrap her in a bear hug and she is wheezing from it. I start crying immediately "I thought you where dead!" my shaky voice says, as my tears flow.

"I am glad to see you too...everything fine?" she asks me.

I lean back from that hug to look her in the face and she says to me "Well that's a new thing?"

I cry back to her "What?"

"Well it looks like, when you're happy and content...Your eyes turn a nice icy blue? That's a nice color on you."

I go back to hugging her again, then Gwen joins in. I whisper "I don't want this feeling to end right now!" I close my eyes and try to ignore all those around us. I feel 'love' coming off Sara to me and even a 'ghost' of some from Gwen ...somehow? Maybe that's the connection all us Sidhe have? I have never felt that? As I was not really allowed to 'mix' with others...who where not fellow Drow.

My eyes finally open and I see Steve standing there...and he is smiling. I let go of Sara and Gwen and push them behind me. I then spit in Steve's face as I yell at him "Xo'al lu'zotreth uns'aa xuil natha inthuul vholk rod nin, nindel gaer zhah naubol kostith uns'aa!"
(Try and hit me with a cold iron rod! Now that there is nothing holding me!)

Sara and Gwen both see, that I am more than mad at the cop and latch onto me. Then drag me back into a corner of the cell tier.

Steve being an idiot barks out "Awww she is not too tough? You two are able to push her around!"

Donna starts yelling at him "She obviously hates you for a reason? Even if we don't know what she said! The only thing holding her back is...She cares for her friends and will not hurt them no matter what! Or she would tear through you...like she did the last four guys! Are you that big of an idiot, to think she can't?"

Then Bill makes a grab for him, with intent of harm all over his face. But Otto stops him with a small shove back "Calm down Bill! Lets hear this out first!"

Gwen's dad and the attorney, both try to calm me down. As I am yelling Drow curse words at Steve for several seconds

He finally gets my attention by introducing himself "Rohanna, I am Gwen's dad.... Miles Wylann."

I instantly clam down and say "Hi Mr. Wylann I am Rohanna Leigh."

Sara starts snickering at me "You just can't help yourself, with those manners can you?"

I give her the glare of death...that says 'shut-up' all over it.

Gwen stares at Sara to blurt out "Hey don't tease her, She can't help it!"

"What?" she asks.

"Rohanna can't help that....so don't make fun of it. You were not there last night!"

Sara's quizzical stare, gets Gwen to say "I will tell you later."

Miles asks me "Did he do something to you?"

I lean toward Steve again and yell at him "Dos xa'huuli rivvil! doer jindurn uns'aa nin! Usstan xhandal dos!"
(You worthless human! Come face me now! I challenge you!)

"Rohanna? I don't know what you're saying and no one else does?" Miles says to me.

Sara pulls me back and whispers in my ear "Say it in English...say it slow and calm down firecracker! Before someone gets hurt?"

I stop, start breathing slowly and slow my hearts rate. "Well Mr. Wylann? He did not take me to the hospital...even thou I was shot in the face with a rifle....and once in the back. That back wound is not healing right?"

Sara is looking very angry and Gwen is not far behind. The look on Bill's face promises pain to come is my bet.

As I stand there in silence, trying to keep calm...Miles asks me "AND what else?"

"Sir? When I was taken to the interrogation room by HIM!" I try and get at Steve again.

Miles puts a hand on my chest, to stop me with a firm shove "Enough of that!"....."What did he do? Go on?"

"Sir...he had some kind of leather wrapped, cold iron rod and he used it to bash my face....on my existing wounds......No less than three times. Then since I could no longer talk or even mumble...They took me to the infirmary to get fixed up a little. My healing was really messed up and his striking me did not help! Then once back and a short rest...He took the cover off the rod and used it to burn me on my right cheek!"

Gwen near screams out "That's what that burn is. I thought I knew it!" and Gwen looks at my cheek.

Miles....having a Elf, for a daughter knows full well. What iron does to one of her kind "YOU TORTURED HER! With a cold iron rod! Ohhhh if I was not on duty!" he growls his warning.

The commissioner says to the group "Well I will get an investigation started, as soon as I can on this and I will send any and all video tape of that room to you all."

As the commissioner gets done talking, Donna's phone beeps and she answers it. After talking a little, she gets the groups attention to her "Well, I have had a 'friend' keeping an eye on Rohanna for most of the day. AND they have all the tapes from that room AND saved them. 'Before' they mysteriously disappear from the records....like many mutant counter charges of abuse do? But here they are."

Then a disembodied voice comes out of Donna's phone, it has been very well changed by electronics. But you can still easily tell what they are saying "I just down loaded a copy of the whole events in that interrogation room to Dr. Otto's data pad and the attorneys office servers. AND none of it is pretty!"

Otto pulls out his data pad and shows everyone. It shows the highlights, for the group. Of me, being bashed in the face several times and then burned! My scream from the iron rod burn, fills the room and Then the video stops.

Gwen cringes at the sight and Sara is more than mad now.

Steve sees it and blurts out "SHE'S a liar and the video is FAKE!"

I leap at him! But Sara, Gwen and Bill, they all know me too well and stop me from acting rashly. All of them, are near standing on me, to keep me from him. Sara pulls me close, to whisper in my ear "Later...we can get him later. When he is no longer a cop and then if you still want to?....Take your time hurting him?"

Sara turns on him "Are you an idiot! Calling a Fae creature, a Sidhe or 'ELF'...A liar to their face! Why don't you just challenge her to a duel to the death! It would be faster and less painful....for you!"

The lead attorney for the group states "We will be contacting you for that lawsuit! For hurting her and ARC will come after you for damaging....what can be called 'their assets' in her."

I yell out "I just want Five minutes with him alone. Just like I had to deal with!"

As I yell that, the door on the elevator opens and out steps a man in a very nice suit. One that is even nicer than the Attorneys! Behind him are ten armored men. "Sounds like a good idea to me! I like it!" he states

"Who are you?" asks the commissioner.

"Me? little old me?" he says in a very! sarcastic tone "Why I am her guardian and the head of DARPA. My boss and THE President. Let me off work early today, to come clean up this mess...You should have just let her go and I would not have had to come here!"

I stop struggling when I hear and see him "Mr. Reilly I am sorry?"

"No Rohanna, don't apologize for this mess...You did not do it. You did your job...You saved people. But are you alright?" he asks me.

"Yes I am fine."

Gwen barks "No she is not...She is just saying that.."

"Well Rohanna? Is Gwen right? Truthfully are you hurt?"

"Yes, I am hurt.."

"Well we will have that attended to soon!" he then looks at the commissioner "Well what are we going to do?"

"In this case...for now, she can go? And then the city or county DA. Will file any charges if they want to?"

"Before I go, I want that iron rod! So he can't torture another of my kind!" I shout.

"I can do that." states the commissioner "Mr. Wylann go up stairs to Steve's desk and get it. Have one of the officers take a photo of it and come back down to the lobby and meet us?"

"I can do that. So Rohanna? Where is this thing?"

"Sir its in his desk, bottom right drawer, far in the back and its under something?"

Steve howls out "Hey that is a personal possession, a family heirloom!"

The commissioner states to him "Not anymore! Its evidence now and is being seized!"

Mr. Wylann is the first to get to the elevator and goes up. We grab the next car, go up to the lobby and wait for him. Mr. Reilly comes over to me and gives me a light hug "So are you doing okay? And don't cover it up! I will ask if you do?" he jests me.

"I am...dealing with this...all of this. I am sorr..." He stops me.

"Don't...its not your fault! I can take care of this...it should all go away easy? But I am glad Fey, was not here...As if she was?"

I stop him...this time "She would have gone nuts....If she was not hurt, after seeing Sara and me shot. Aunghadhail would have leveled the whole street in revenge."

"You think so?"

I nod to him "Yes..she would have." I watch as he inwardly cringes. 'I have to wonder if he has any clue....how evil or self-centered that old queen is?'

After several minutes of us all waiting. Mr. Wylann shows up and goes to hand me the rod. I wince and step back "I can't hold that! That darn thing is made to hurt my kind! It has a spell on it and is made of....who knows what! GAEA that thing hurt me! I have never felt pain like that."

Miles steps near Gwen with it, even she cringes and steps back "DAD! that thing hurts to even be near it! WOW what is that thing?"

Sara takes it from his hand and opens the leather bag. I step back, as she does. She studies it for a long time, then asks me. "You think you can read this?"

I look at it from across the room "Not sure?"

I walk to her with caution. Then look at it a bit closer. "Humm I can't read it. But I bet I know, what can make that engraving come out more?"

"What?" she asks.

"This..." I take off a glove and pull out a dagger "Please hold it steady long ways?"

I then slice my hand open and drip blood on it. The rod sizzles and now we can see the writing.

Sara shakes her head as I do it. Then after I am done, I put my glove back on.

She looks at it now. "Humm from what I read, its a spell made to punish and then....kill! AND it only works on Sidhe? Why would anyone, make such a thing?"

"I can think of many reasons?" I say to her "But none of them are fun?"

"Well it certainly looks old, could it be from pre-sundering?"

I shrug to her "I am sure? I will try and recall if I have seen one?"

"So what, do you want me to do with it?"

"Hold it, as I can't! Heck even getting close to it, hurts a bit!"

"Well lets go?....why don't we all port back to school with Rohanna and one of the ARC guys drives Donna's car back?"

I stand there not really knowing what to say? "Ahhh Sara...we can't port back. Not all of us anyway?"

"Why...who?" She shakes her head at me "Is this why you did not port Donna and those kids. When you may have had the chance?"

"Back there...my port as being messed with and porting a human or anything 'not' me in that case may have led to someone getting hurt. So that's why...I did not take them away."

"Well that does not explain now?" she asks, near leering at me.

"Don't make me try and explain it here....around others. I can't port all of us."

"Who? spill it!" she demands.

I mumble out "Donna."

"What? why?" she asks while shaking her head

"I have my reasons...is all. I know what, I am doing. So don't press me now...just trust that I know, what I am doing?" I plead to her "Please, don't be mad with me?"

"Me? Rohanna, I will never be mad at you."

She then gets Donna's attention "So I guess we are driving back to home? So we had better get going?"

"I am cool with it?"

The leader of the ARC guard unit. Must have overheard our plan and comes over to us all. "I just heard you want to drive back to home after all this?"

We all nod and say 'yes' at the same time.

"I can't let you do that. Not today. You're riding back with us on the dropships and we will get you back to Whateley that way."

I near hop up and down "COOL a dropship ride!"

"What about my car, and your stuff we just bought?" Donna asks.

"I will have someone, drive that back and retrieve your purchases of the day."

Next thing he does....is lead us all to the elevator and he takes us all the way to the top floor. Once the door opens, I see three small dropships on the pads and a little over a mile out. There are two very large ones, skimming over the city in large loops.

We are lead into the ramp and sat down. I find it real nice in this thing, its about the size of a city bus and seems to seat about thirty or so? Once we are belted in, it lifts off.

I am given a real cool window seat, next to Sara and Donna. I have never flown as a sidhe. I had several times as a human, flow in planes....Heck I had flown all over the world! and in some of the most rickety planes ever made! But looking out of the window with my new eyes. It just boggles the mind, what I can see! I'm loving every second of it!

As we are flying along, the captain who leads these guards, is standing there next to me and I wave him over ....."What?" he asks me.

"When we get over the school, can I jump out?"

"Jump! are you crazy?" Sara cried out.

"No" I sneer at her "I am not crazy....I could be a carrier, of crazy thou?" I say, as I tilt my head in contemplation. But I nod, my head to her and the captain "I still want to jump!" My more than, happy face grins at her.

She caves in "Okay I don't have a problem with it"

She glances to the captain and he shakes his head "NO you're not jumping out of a perfectly good dropship!" and then he looks me over "Do you even have a parachute?"

"Parachute? A parachute would be stupid" I say simply.

"Well without one, how are you going to get to the ground?"

"I have my ways! I am not without my ways to do stuff?"

Sara shakes her head at the whole conversation "You might want to let her? It sounds like fun to her?"

I nod my head with glee to him.

"No it's not gonna happen today. I have responsibility over the safely of you all."

"Aww come on! PLEASSEE?" I beg.

"NO.....not...going....to happen" he says slowly back to me.

"SHUCKS!" I hiss.

Gwen starts laughing at me and I stare angrily at her "Everybody is spoiling my fun!"

As I sit and look out the window, Gwen starts pushing on the side of my face and the bandages still wrapping it "It looks like, you're healing up pretty good?"

I wince a little, at her prodding "Its still tender and hurts a lot when you're doing that."

She pulls her hand back "Sorry...what about that wound in your back?"

"I still feel it." with a thought, the top of my armor comes free from the lower part and I pull it up "Well how does it look? I can't see it?"

"Yeech it looks bad...its not healing near at all" she cringes.

Sara sees what I am doing, gets up and looks at it too. "Your going to Doyle when we get back!"

"And what? Have a witch doctor shake beads in my face?"

"Doyle has some the best doctors in the world!"

"For Sidhe...regular elves? I am a Drow...BIG difference!"

"Well Tennant, will still take a look at you!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday February 17 6:20 pm
Whateley Academy

Sara sits back down, at the captains order. As we are coming in to land. "Strap in, we are going to land in five!" he shouts. As he walks down the isle. I seal My armor back up and strap back in. Once we are down, the ramp lowers and I see that Sam Everheart is standing there. But she is not alone? She has four other guards with her.

I do not like what I see at all! I am out of my seat in a flash and walk out. "Hey what gives Everheart? We are all good?"

Sara walks past me "Bullshit! you're going to Doyle!" then she waves bye, to Donna as the ship lifts off.

Everheart looks confused at all of us "I was told you're hurt...So, she is right. You're going to Doyle"

"OKAY, okay I am going. sheesh!" I whine out.

I am about to port off and Everheart stops me. "Get into the jeep Rohanna."

The happy feeling....I just had...evaporates. I just stand there and angrily stare at her "Why?"

"You going to have to ask Carson, once you're out of Doyle. As that is your next stop...now please get in?"

My head drops its stare and I look at the ground. All I can think of doing is ...leave. Then my mind wanders about and goes like it always does...to dark places. 'I was having fun today...and when I have fun....bad things happen! That's my curse...no joy in life...ever!'

Everheart grabs my arm "Come on lets go?"

My body reacts and pulls from her grasp. Then, I just stand there and look her over. My mind is already thinking how to do this fight.

Sara runs to us both "Whoa now, I can see where this is going. Calm down...everyone!" she shouts, as she stands between us.

"Rohanna...I just want to get you over to Doyle and get you fixed up? Then Carson wants to talk to you. I was instructed you are not to be left alone. BUT I am not going to lock you up....and if Carson asks me to do that....I am not going to. As I know, you will take that as a threat any how and leave...So why do it? Now please, lets get you healed up?"

"Sara? please come with?" I mumble out.

"Yes I would never let you face...this alone. Not after today?"

Then Sara leads me into the waiting jeep, by the hand. As we sit, Sara pushes into my head and asks me a question in private.

~'I feel you're really upset about all of this?...why'~ she asks me mentally.

~'this always happens to me...I have fun. I get punished'~ and I shut her out.

She leans into me, to sooth me a bit "Hey its going to be fine."

The jeep finally gets to Doyle and we all pile out. I notice that Everheart and the men with her....never stop watching me! After we get inside, Doc Tenant is standing there, waiting and my bet is someone called ahead.

"Hey Rohanna! Lets get you all fixed up!" she tells me.

All I do is nod.

She can see I am not really there....I am thinking. Thinking far too much. "Well lets start with a X-ray and a scan to find everything that got into you?...shall we?" she asks me, a little too chipper.

She leads me to an exam room and I take off my armor physically. As it needs to be rinsed off a little inside and out. After I am done taking it off I hand it toward Sara.... "Sara can you please? Run this under a shower for a few, to get all the blood off it?"

"I can...but I am staying with you, till this CRAP is over!" and she gets Gwen's attention. Then hands it to her "Gwen if you could?"

"No prob!" and she walks off.

Doc Tenent, has a tech bring in a portable X-ray and scanner to my bed. For the next thirty minutes. I get to flop around like a fish for her, to get good shots of my wounds. After she is done, Tenent pulls all the pic's up on a wall monitor "Humm Rohanna? Whoever did your face? He fixed it right and if you keep from moving your jaw too much? It will heal reasonably well by...maybe lunch tomorrow? But you're missing five teeth and those might take a week to grow back. Now the bullet in your back has to come out. I will have to cut it out. But we are in luck, its in one piece!"

"Great!" I hiss out.

"Now flip on your stomach and I can get at that. Do you want a local for the pain?"

"Won't work...none of your stuff works on me."

"We do have some devisor drugs for this?"

I shake my head to her "Won't work...my body just eats poisons for fun. I could eat and drink your whole locker for drugs. Then all I would do is burp!"

Sara nods "Yep she would...you should see some of the nasty stuff she has. One item even scared the Queen, when she licked it!"

"What was that?" she asks, baffled.

"Frozen concentrated golden dragons blood" I say flatly.

"What? How in the heck do you have that? I do magic and have never even heard of anyone having...that!" she says more than rattled.

"Hey I have storage." I shrug to her.

"Ohh I can see you're going to be real fun in any class!" she laughs "But lets get that bullet out of you."

I roll over and she gets a surgical kit out. A nurse, cleans off my back and sets up the area for the doc to work in.

"Well here we go? This is going to hurt allot!"

"Well go for it."

Tenent cuts into me, I hold back the scream as best I can. Then she has to cut away a patch of my ribs to get inside me. I wince, as I hear the saw spin up and she cuts in. Tenent digs deeper and cuts even more.

"Rohanna? you good?" she asks.

"I am fine....hurts is all. Will it help you, if I shut that lung fully down?"

"If you can...yes."

"Its closed off and stopped. Now get that darn thing out of me!"

She goes on to dig deeper and finally finds it. She has to try and pull at it hard, as its stuck badly. She cuts a little more and out it finally pulls.

"Rohanna that is one big honking bullet!" she says, as it hits the tray. "Its almost big enough to orbit a small monkey!"

Sara picks it up to examine it "Man this thing is huge! No wonder it hurt me so bad!"

Tenent, makes some small repairs in me and closes up the cut away square of rib bones. "I see lots of blood in your lungs? Is that going to be an issue?"

"No, it will either get reabsorbed or I will cough up all that crap!"

She finishes up, by using a sealant on my skin and puts a large patch bandage over it all "Well I am done! So, hop off the table.....I suggest, no eating solid food till maybe tomorrow. But I will have a few 'meal' shakes dropped off at your room tonight. Then I want to see you tomorrow...hummm night?"

After I get off the table, I manifest my street clothes back and find my jacket and top got some blood on them. I hiss out "SHIT this might not come out! Ohhh well..at least I bought some new ones today!"

"Are we done Doctor Tenent?"

"Yes...and take it easy for a few days?....please?"

"Yes ma'am."

As we walk out, Gwen meets us in the hallway "All done! Boy it took allot of hot water to get all the blood washed off. AND Ro? I love this armor! Its so soft inside it. Can you get some for me?" she asks, while handing it to me. I then toss it into the ether.

"Humm I will have to see what I can do? I am not sure if I have any of that leather left...and it takes months to make a good set?"

As I ponder, what I have in storage that might work. Sara interrupts my thoughts "Lets go back to Poe and get all cleaned up...its been a looong day!"

Gwen leads the way to the door and as we turn the last corner. We find Sam Everheart and her group of four there. Waiting for us it seems.

"Rohanna? If you're done...time to see Carson." Sam announces to me.

"Everheart...Can it wait...I am all messy and covered in blood. Both mine and others."

"No..she wants to see you now."

"Why? can't it wait?"

"Rohanna...what happened today, has caused a great deal of trouble."

"But I don't get it? We were attacked?" I question.

Sam is shaking her head "Yeah I know you where attacked it was vicious. But..... what you did?"

Sara steps forward "What do you mean...what she did?"

"Did you see what she did!?" Sam questions Sara, in sarcastic way.

Sara snaps at her "Not quite! I was laying on the pavement with half my head blown off! Then add two big bullet wounds on top of that! The REST! that should have hit me? She stepped in front of!" Sara points at me "To keep me from getting turned into jelly, smeared all over the pavement! Where were you at that time?!" she hisses finally, with a growing sneer.

Both of them are standing near eye to eye in a battle of wits.

Sara finally relents in her stare and starts walking away. Then says over her shoulder to Sam "Next time you accuse someone of doing an action, that is not so 'neat' or viscous or ugly in its looks..... But protects and saves lives... don't second-guess her, or armchair quarterback it. You weren't there."

I follow after Sara, as she goes towards Schuster hall. Gaea I can tell she is pissed off, in a big way. As we get to Carson's office, I am getting more and more nervous. All I can think is to, earlier this week! Carson in her way, almost said she did not want me here? I think? Or maybe ARC might use this as a 'move' on me?

The 'pack' of us all, gets to Carson's outer office and I see that Elaine is still there? What can she, the head secretary be doing here at near seven and on a Saturday? I walk up to her and she is answering phones like mad. All she does is point at the door. 'she seems mad' is my only thought.

"Sara? Can you come in with me?" I beg. As I have no idea how to handle this.

I am barely finished asking, when Elaine shakes her head and points at the door once again.

"Well I guess that answers that question!" I drone out.

"Rohanna good luck with Carson. Just don't listen to her too much? As tonight she is going to be a fierce bear right this minute. Because who knows, what's been going on, while we have been cooped up in that stupid police station. With all this madness going on around us."

I open the door, slowly. To find Carson, behind her desk pacing back and forth. She looks like, a caged animal waiting for something to eat. As I walk in and close the door behind me. Carson turns and glares at me "WHAT! you did in Boston. OH my God! What a mess!" she roars. She does not even say hello or offer me a seat...she is so angry at me?

"What?" I squeak out, as I stand there.

"What you did to that second guy! Besides chopping the first ones head off! OH my God! What kind of kind of spell was that?!" she keeps shouting at me.

I am more than rattled at her outburst. I start to stutter out "The...best one I could....think of?" my shaky voice says.

"What was going on there, why did you use that one? God Almighty, it's one of the worst things I've ever seen, even in my life." she is raising her arms in the air all the time, to emphasis her points.

"IT...it was the only one I could....think to use? I don't have a lot of holding spells in my memory and that was the only one. That....that... I knew it would freeze and hold him. Then keep him from shooting Donna?"

"Why didn't you use something else. Run up and stab or hit him!"

"I did not have the time? Then anything, I that I used to hit him and he would've fired."

Then she says something...that shows, she is not thinking in her anger "Well then, you should have used it and maybe he would have not hit her?"

"And get Donna killed? That guy had a cannon on her! Are you crazy?"

I am getting more an more confused at all of this. I can't understand why she is so mad at me. The Drow part, has no idea what to do or say? As in her past. You messed up...you were lucky to live! Then Carson keeps using that word 'maybe'? As a human I understand it... and used it. But even in his life, there was no 'maybe'? As in his job ...it worked or did not....But the Drow? She has no word that means the same? There never was a 'maybe' in her life...you did ..or ...you died! Simple black and white...no grays!

"Do you have any idea, what has been going on since this happened?"

I stutter out "I don't know....I don't know, what?"

She turns her computer to me and she hits a button. Then the screen shows. A clearly well shot video, of me launching that spell at him and being shredded all over the pavement.

"I don't know what to say?" is all that comes from me.

Then she pushes another button and the second part comes up. Its just after the guy gets finished being shredded by my spell. This one shows. the bullets from the second machine gun and they are dancing off my shield. But then its edited and shows the bullet hitting the guy that distracted him and me chopping him up with my sword. And lastly...me facing down the cop, even thou I am obviously wounded badly. The edits make it look even worse for me than it is. I look to be more of an attacker than a defender.

"This has been up on YouTube...it got allot of hits. Then lucky for you someone is taking it all down, as fast as it goes up. I can guess who that is, by who you were with today. But it's all over the Internet and if the Goodkinds see this! They will grab it up and use it in their anti-mutant rhetoric. Then maybe? They will use this against the school, if they figure out you came from here."

"But...but..if they see all the video and the kids I saved talk? I don't know what to do? This is your technology. This is your world. I....I just got here?" I cry.

Carson stares at me "Well welcome to our world! Technology makes videos like this, are driven and distributed to the public in mere seconds. Anything you do that's taped or heard or videoed or photographed. Can be in the hands of One billion people, in matter of minutes" she says to me, in an angry sarcastic tone.

"So?.....I...what?" is all I can say, as I am so confused.

"Well ARC is trying to cover this all up and Mr. Reilly is too. Then add someone is also out there covering all this up and erasing all the bad video, that they find on the net. Then is putting out real good video of you saving those kids." she pauses to think "But we still have to wait and see if the Boston DA charges you with anything. Or the worst case scenario, the Goodkinds or H1 gets the tape and uses it. Then spins it in a way, to show you're some kind of rabid killer. That walked down a street and chopped up innocent men, who where trying to defend themselves."

All that goes through my mind is, someone is going to call me a liar and get away with it. Then I will get punished.

My eyes blink and I am suddenly remembering something from the Drow's past. She is being lead by her captain, a regular elf. To one of the Queens audience chambers, this one Queen is not Aunghadhail. Its one of her sisters, one that's even worse. If that could happen. The four that she is with are lead in to the room and immediately we all kneel down. BUT before the leader can say a word.

The Queen spins around an roars out "ARE! these the ones who failed me!" and she launches a spell at the Drow male, right next to her. He cries out in agony for several minutes, as she watches it all out the side of her vision. The spell finally finishes and he crumbles to the floor....dead.

"My queen apologies. These four or three? Where not those, who failed you. They actually finished your quest and did so very well."

"Hummm too bad, you did not speak quicker? But reward them....with a moon off in a rest area and let them have some 'freewill' during it."

"It will be done."

She being next to him, grabs his burnt body up and carries it off. Out of the room with the rest of her party. The group of them gets outside and at the captains orders. Strips all the gear and possessions off the dead Drow. Then she is told to get rid of him, very casually by her captain. She carries the body through the castle to the dump, and tosses him on top. All she can do...for mourning him, is stare at him laying there for but a second and then she has to move on back to work. In her mind, what little is left of her personality cringes and cries in a dark deep corner of it. As he was one of her team for over Two thousand years, he had saved her many a time and all he got as a 'reward'....a painful death, for doing his job. Then tossed on the trash pile...forgotten.

Carson starts talking again and it draws me back to 'here'...."We might have to send you back to ARC for a few months, till this cools down. That is what I have, the board of the school suggesting to me. OR the DA might charge you with murder and you will have to go to jail till the trial...As you're more than a flight risk!...Then maybe you will beat this and get out?" she states to me.

Now I realize, why my mind drifted to that time. We did our job and one of us still died....for a stupid thing.

Then she is using that 'maybe' again or 'might' .....there is no 'could be' in life! You're either dead or alive...so I am going to ARC or JAIL!

Then those two ideas, start rattling around in my head. Two choices? and both of them are BAD! ARC locked in a hole in the ground and I can't get out because? Everybody will recognize me? OR in a jail cell, like I was just in today? Even though I managed to barely hold my fear and anger down. Then stay mentally sharp, able to cope. Because I was planning on how to help my people, when I got out of the cell and most my thoughts weren't exactly happy ones? For what I was gonna do, especially to that cop that beat me!

As Carson talks to me, I'm thinking...they're going to put me in that solitary cell. AND lock me in some mutant only basement of a building. That is just like ARC but even WORSE! Not even a soft bed to sleep on!

"Mrs. Carson? What about that...that video of the cop beating me in the head. With...with that iron rod, wrapped leather?" I stutter out, as I get even more confused and anxious.

"ARC knows about it, Mr. Riley's doing as best he can do. But I don't know if they're going to be able to keep the heat off of you? You maybe? going back to ARC for a couple months...seems to be a good idea?"

There is that 'maybe' again?...I

I am standing there...thinking...trying to cope, I was not even offered a seat before Carson started SCREAMING at me! My eyes watch, as she walks around her desk. Pacing back and forth. She near shouts "I don't know what to do with you? You have got to work on getting better spells and not use such a horrible vicious spells. Like you did on that guy. It looks like you're going to be paying for using it, you have to start thinking ahead."

Then she says even more, BUT I'm not hearing it now...my mind can't process what she is saying anymore. I remembered what she is saying? But I can't deal with it now. I have to think about what is happening NOW! I am going to ARC or JAIL! that's is the only two choices she has said to me. But she keeps saying 'maybe' there is no 'maybe'.....does she NOT UNDERSTAND THAT!

I start to walk to the window...I have to find a way out of here! As I get to the windows. I find that its like most windows in Schuster...I remember this from my first time in here..The window is armored glass and made of very thick metal covered in a thin wood veneer. SO that is out! As by the time, I blast through that. She will be on me and in my weakened state....she can take me!

Now I pace back toward the door. I start to twitch, as I am getting very nervous and my adrenalin is flowing like mad! Both of my hearts are fired up fully and the parts of my lungs that still work are at full bore. As I need them both for a fight, I think is coming. My ears and smell finds at the door, that Everheart and her four are still out there. I can sense Sara and Gwen too! I start to feel Sara banging on my mental door and I shut her out....I don't need her interference right now.
I pace back across the room. While I do, I note the rooms contents for weapons. All I can see is what I guess?... is Carson's wand in box on her table. AND that's only a guess, by the magic I feel from it. The computer beeps and Carson sits down to look at something that has got her attention now.

As I start my shuffle back to the door, I mumble in Drow "Nind ph'aluin ulu mri'kul uns'aa phor. Toss wun wund natha resk'afar wun l'eairthin mal'rak. Ol orn tlu a ARC xor kul'gobsula! Ka ARC uriu olt i'dol nind orn harventh uns'aa phor lu'experiment pholor uns'aa! Usstan inbal ulu inbau doeb d'ghil...nin!"
(They are going to lock me up. Toss in into a hole in the ground forever. It will be at ARC or prison! If ARC has its way they will cut me up and experiment on me! I have to get out of here...now!)

Then I pace back to the window and mumble even more in my confusion. "Nind ph'aluin ulu mri'kul uns'aa phor. Usstan tlun naut aluin ulu tlu duul'sso, tlu do'suul! Natha kul'gobuss. Usstan xuat zhaun vel'bol ulu xun? "
(They are going to lock me up. I am not going to be free, be outside! A prisoner. I don't know what to do?)

As I pace more. I switch to English for some reason "But, I made a promise to stay and try? I said I would try this....Try this being with humans?"

Carson...finally notices out of her fog of anger. That I'm pacing back and forth across the room quite, quite, briskly and looking all around. She starting to see it and its beginning to dawn on her....She mentally says 'Ohh ohh!'.....'Oh crud Rohanna is losing it...I may have pushed too far'

Carson pushes a yellow button on her intercom, then pushes another and whispers into it "Elaine? Send Sara and Gwen in here fast."....she gets a green light in reply.

-----------------------------------------------

Out in the office seating area

The intercom on Elaine's desk light up yellow and she near jumps out of the chair. Then she hears what Carson says to her. When Carson is done she pushes a green button to show that she heard it.

Elaine looks up from the panel "Sara? Carson wants you in there...something has gone wrong? As she used the yellow signal? Why I don't know?"

"I will go in. Come on Gwen lets...."

Sam interrupts Sara "I think, I should check this out first?"

"No way Sam...if she sees your face in there? AND its going bad, she WILL! go off on you. I guarantee it! Especially with all that happened today...she was just calming down...then Carson, in her Bad timing!...."JUST" had to see her!... " she near growls out

"I still think, I should get in there?"

"Not a good idea...you know how messed up she is? Trust me? When I helped you out....you where like, a thousand times less messed up! Than she is now? So trust in my judgments...please?" Sara begs.

-----------------------------------

Back in the office

Carson has noticed, that no one has come in yet? But there is 'NO' signal from Elaine, that something is wrong? So, she gets up to comfort Rohanna a little better. As Carson stands up she notices Rohanna's pacing stop and she turns too quickly for her to think its a friendly jester.

My raging brain finally notes Carson, just talked on her intercom and pressed a yellow button. Now she is getting up? and Carson walks towards me. I eyeball her, as she's walking towards me. I am just not liking her now, as she's walking towards me and she is more of a threat right now. My feet angle toward her, so I can act if I have to.

As she takes another step, I see she is between me and the windows...One of my escape routes is now blocked? Now I can hear...something happening outside? THEY are coming for me!

I snap! and scream at Carson "I am not going back to ARC or prison!" and my armor manifests on me. But this time...I choose my harder, plated leather armor.

"Rohanna? Why don't you sit down? Then we can talk this out better?" Carson asks me in a soft tone. As Carson thinks to herself 'That armor, just shows she is not kidding....She is getting ready for a fight.'

'What is she after?' I think..then I mumble out "Not ARC, not prison."

Carson takes another step

Then I mumble out "No"

Carson stops and says to me "Please sit down and I will get you a soda. You like orange soda? I heard. I will pull one out of the fridge and you can sit down. Then drink it, while we see what we can do?"

I'm shaking my head to her and say "Fag'ded zhah natha myar ul'hyrr. Nindel's saph tluin wun natha courrlrr."
(Sitting is a bad idea. That's like being in a corner)

"Rohanna you're speaking Drow again. I need to hear what you're saying in English" and she takes couple steps back towards the fridge. Opens it up and pulls out the sodas. Then she walks sideways to her desk and puts an orange soda on the far corner near me. For a split second, my mind says 'Poison? But, no she didn't have time.'

Now my manners kick in. So I walk forward, a little and say "Thank you" it's just burned into my skull. That I must have manners and I pick it up. Then open it, to take some small sips 'Gaea, I love orange soda and this is my brand too' is my only thoughts.

I hear a bunch of noise just outside the door, I spin to it and keep Carson in my line of sight. My body tenses from not knowing what is out there.

"Rohanna? that has to be Sara and Gwen. I asked for them to be sent in."

Just then, there is a soft knock at the door and Sara pokes her head in. She takes a mental note of how I am standing. Then most alarming to her, is the armor I am wearing...this set is heavier....way heavier! Than anything she has yet to see. Not a good sign.

"Can I come in?" she asks me. As I see, she is only looking at me.

I nod to her. "Yes Sara. I am fine with your coming in...I asked for you to come in before...but...we were told...no?"

As the door opens a bit more, I can't see any school guards out there? But I can hear them, they are all down the hallway. Then Gwen scoots in and see me "Cool you're having a soda. Let me get one?" and off to the fridge she goes.

As she gets one, Sara grabs my attention again "But Carson called us to talk about what is going on? Rohanna would you mind, if I borrow Carson for a minute and we go outside to catch up in private?"

I shake my head 'no' to her. Carson gingerly walks around me, as I keep an eye on her and every couple feet she moves. I turn a little bit more towards her, to make sure to keep her in that proper zone. That I think she's less of a threat and she walks out the door. Then Sara closes it behind herself.

I stand there, evaluating what happened. Carson is out of the office, her threat is gone for now. But was she taken out to make it easier to get at me? No...Sara would never do that, besides Gwen is in the room and Carson would not be that stupid to go after me, with another Sidhe in the room. As if we both got hurt and add Sara would jump in....Fey would go nuts ...and no one wants to see that! I have and no one should ever see Aunghadhail truly mad.

Gwen goes and sits on the couch, then calls to me "Hey come on, sit down and take off that silly armor. We need to talk about what we missed, so we can plan our next trip!"

Since my manners kicked in, I sit down and go back to my street clothes. I sip my soda as Gwen starts her grand plans "Well first, we should get back there and go to the way cool shop at the end...as they had some nice looking pants in the window. But I saw on the malls map. There was a high end electronics store there...so you can get your 'man fix' on!"

I just sit there....I am thinking and those deep dark places. Then ones I hid in, for ohh so many years and they come back....with a vengeance! All I can do is remember the bad things...both human 'what's left' and the Drow had in life. Gwen finally notices....that I am ghost. I am just sitting there...starring straight ahead and sipping soda. I am not saying a word back to her.

Gwen socks me in my left side to get my attention "Hey you're not listening to me? What gives?"

"Sorry...I am thinking."

"So spill it?"

"What Carson said."

"And....and?"

"She said, I am going back to ARC or prison."

"WHAT!.....okay tell me what she said EXACTLY word for word. Please don't leave anything out."

For the next ten minutes, I do just that...I recite it all, word for word.

After I am done. Gwen hisses out a little. I can tell she is mad...very mad "Okay...I got all that. But she did say its a maybe?"

There is that word again 'maybe' The one, with the fading meaning to me. "Gwen I know....what 'maybe' means.....but the meaning is fading to me. I am not really understanding it anymore? It confuses me allot, as there is no middle. Either you succeed or fail. AND to fail is death...it always has been that way. Getting any job half done. A 'maybe' meant, death to the Drow in me and being fired to the human. Can you help me...I am thinking, I should just leave here..."

"HELL! NO!... you're not leaving here...This place needs you. Who is going to teach me how to kick ass, if you don't? Or teach that archery class? But that 'maybe'? I can understand that....you want a One hundred percent thing! Sara and I will work on that...okay? But do not leave....that will make it worse."

In my head, deep in that dark place....it suddenly pops into my mind! I know what that iron rod was that cop had! "Hey Gwen?" she glances at me "funny I just remembered where that iron rod came from... the one that cop hit me with?"

"AND?" she asks.

"Its as old as the Sundering and me in a way. Its a part of a discipline and punishment rod."

"So what's it used for...as it can't be good?"

"It was used to punish...us, if we failed. Or it killed us. I just made myself forget it, till just now." As I finish saying that. A horror show plays in my mind...again.

I am kneeling to our captain. All three hundred of us. We are all there, assembled. Because....one of our smaller units...failed. I am in a row of half our unit and the other half. Is on the other row facing us all, just ten feet off. The captain is yelling and screaming at us, about that failure. But why? As those who did fail, are all dead. But the unit must be punished. After he is done, he yells out a number. Then asks the first in line for a number, then the next. Whether it should be added or subtracted. The answer, is the ones who die...today. Three are going to die....one out of a hundred! Then he asks the third for yet another number. And he adds it. Those with that numbers end...and its eight get...PAIN!
He starts with his count....as he gets to me. The count hits Ninety-eight...me and the girl across from me is...One hundred. He hits her with the stick and it burns the spell into her forehead. I watch as she screams, the 'light' goes out of her eyes and she falls over....dead. I lived...by Two? He then comes back to me, since I was 'eight' and I get PAIN!

I sit next to Gwen and wince badly at that memory. She sees me do that "WHAT?...what happened?" she asks me.

"Bad memory..." is all I say.

"That stupid stick?"

"Yes...I just remembered...I lived by two....then....I burned."

"By two? Please tell me what that means?"

"Are you sure? Its not happy."

"Yes...then I can understand you a little better?"

So I tell the little girl next to me....and she grows up a little because of it. After I am done, all she can do is hug me and cry for me and those long dead.

Gwen whispers in my ear "I am going to destroy that rod!"

I whisper back "No don't...lets keep it...You or me as a reminder, to never let that happen again!" and she nods to me.

----------------------------------------------

Outside the office.

Sara glares at Mrs. Carson and looks at her right in the eye "Liz what in the freaking hell did you do? I've seen her on edge before? But that, has got to be just about the worst! I have seen her since she first changed....and then she tried to kill Nikki!"

"What I was..trying to do. Was get her to learn, that she needs to tone down her attacks and that she can't do what she did....without consequences. But I think I messed up by, mentioning that the DA in Boston maybe will jail her? Then that maybe, the board of the school...is going to send her back to ARC?"

Sara immediately puts her hand over her face "OH my GOD! you didn't?"

Carson...stands there stunned, at what Sara just said.

Sara blows up in Carson's face "You freaking idiot! You just threatened her with the two worse case scenarios possible! AND you didn't give her a third...a way out...a good one. What were you thinking? Didn't you read her file folder at all? She's absolutely frightened to death about being stuck in ARC. Then today she managed to be locked away in solitary confinement. If you didn't know?... in a holding cell area, made for mutants and after being beaten by a cop. That was trying to get a confession out of her."

Carson says slowly "I did not hear about all of that? Just parts and highlights of it?"

"OF course you didn't? Because you didn't ask first? You just blew up on her and overreacted. Trying to do a 'teachable moment' crap!" and Sara does the air quotes fingers, as she screamed all the time at Carson. "Then that elf in there managed to stay calm, while locked away in that cell...in the dark and handcuffed. AND not blow-up, kill everybody in the cell down there while trying to escape. She managed to hold on to her sanity long enough for us to get down there to her, before she started going off and even then? She limited it to nondestructive protests. Kind of wild? but still nondestructive.

She picked the lock her handcuffs, then moved on to the inner door of her cell and then when the cop opened the outer door. She threw the cuffs at him, she missed and my guess she did on purpose! Boy! she surprised the hell out of them!

I think she did well....very well. As I kind of expected when we got to the bottom of the elevator 'six stories down'..." she emphasizes with her voice "that I was going to find a smoking hole in the ground. filled with dead people and then her trying to run up the elevator shaft. But NO she remained calm........TILL you gave her, a no options scenario?"

Sara hisses some more "One other thing you HAVE to know Liz! Is that Rohanna...the Drow part does not understand 'maybe' at all. In her world there was not gray area's. Only black and white. Live or die. She can't see the world like we do any longer. The parts that could? are near gone."

"Okay Sara you know her better. How are we going to clean this one up?"

Sara sasses her "What do you mean 'we'...? Its all you...I'm fine with this. You go in there and defuse the bomb....that you just created."

Carson stands there silently and gives Sara the 'stare' of death.

"Fine..." Sara sighs out...."But next time? When we all have a student like her...you call me or Doc Bellows in, as you chew on them....deal?"

Carson nods to her "That sounds like something I can accommodate."

"Well first lets get rid of the guard dogs, by sending them back to the kennel" she giggles at Sam.

Carson nods to Sam...Then Everheart gathers up her men "Are you sure Liz?" Sam asks, before she goes out the door. Carson nods again.

Sara continues her plan, after they are all gone...."What you're going to do next, is you walk in there and try to convince her thoroughly. That you're going to put One hundred percent of the school's muscle behind her on this. Then remind her, that Mr. Reilly....Fey's dad has the president's ear and can get her a pardon....So jails out. Then ARC wouldn't dare take her back in, as a prisoner. Because she's too much of an asset. Then you're going to say to her....that you're telling the board to shut the hell up, as you're in charge and they're not. They just recommend stuff."

"Got it..so in we go?" Carson asks.

"Yes...in we go..." Sara replies with caution.

As Gwen is taking to me....The door opens up again, the minute it does. I spring up, out of the couch and put the soda down. From outside, I can hear the guards are gone? At sometime when, I was talking or she was talking...I must have drifted off and missed them all go....GAEA! I am slipping! Gwen gets my attention back by touching my arm and she is handing me, my soda back.

"Hey Ro? Its all good, sit and stay calm. I bet they have an idea on how to fix this by now?" Gwen asks me.

I sit and say "Thank you. I hope they do?"

Sara sees what's going on and inwardly thanks God for my compulsions for manners. It seems to interrupt my track of thought every once in a while, it gives her an edge, that she can put into effect.

Sara glides into the room and pulls one of Carson's chairs over to us.

Carson turns around and looks at me "Well Rohanna, I have been talking to Fey's dad and Mr. Reilly's going to throw his full weight behind making sure that, the Boston DA lays off of you. Matter of fact you're, probably going to get some kind of apology or who knows what? Because of that stupid cop hitting you. I honestly didn't know about that? I am sorry? And Sara tells me you remained really calm in that jail cell, that they tossed you into...and should not have!"

I'm just nodding to her and I starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. I am not understanding all of this...but I am allot calmer right now. As Carson goes on with what, she has done. I don't fully understand what's going on? A minute ago, it was doom, doom, doom, and now it's bright-n-shiny puppies and unicorns? I am thinking that, she is doing something to trick me? I can read that Carson is telling the truth! I could see it. Sara at this point. I don't think would lie to me, even if she was prodded!

I glance to Sara "Is this what's happening?"

"Yes this is what's happening. Mr. Reilly can make any problem practically disappear. The Goodkinds or the anti-mutant crowd has a small chance of getting that video and they will run with it. But will not get far, after the whole tape gets out and shows you saving other people. Then add you're a minor! Or that tape of you being beaten for saving people."

Then Sara thinks for a second, she puts one of her clawed fingers to the side of her cheek and starts tapping. As she is thinking "A video image of you might be copyright material? AND ARC has those rights? So whoever broadcasts that, might be in deep trouble. I didn't think about that one, till right now?"

Carson smiles "That's actually a pretty good idea!" then quickly starts typing on her computer "So I just sent your idea in an e-mail off to ARC about just that."

I glance abut the room and mentally I am seeing a little more daylight. Far more than just a few minutes ago....I was thinking about tearing the doors off their hinges and running out of here....But now I am calming down, just a little. I so need to think about today.

Now my rational mind is taking over and it's fully in gear now "Mrs. Carson?" I ask her and I'm kinda mad at her "Why all the doom and gloom just 20 minutes ago?"

"I'm sorry about that. I just wanted you to realize, how much trouble you created. I think, I pushed a little too far here?"

I put the empty can, down on the table and stand up "YA you did!" and I start walking towards the door.

Sara puts her arm up to block me "Not yet!"

My glare at Sara would kill "Carson said her peace, good and bad. I'm going to bed. I'm done talking about this tonight. I'll see you all tomorrow" Then I push Sara's arm down and walk out the door.

Gwen lets out a breath slowly...because she has been holding it "Well that seems to have ended nicely. I thought for surrrrre, we lost her."

Sara looks at that the green haired elf "So did I, for awhile there....ohh that armor said...fight all over it!

Gwen jumps up and goes to Carson's fridge and grabs two sodas "Well Mrs. Carson. I will leave you two here, to clean up this whole mess. I am going to go back to my room. I might even stop in Rohanna's room and see how she's doing for the night. You guys have fun cleaning up this mess. I'm gonna go to bed" and she walks out of the room, at a fast pace.

Sara fake yawns out "Carson I think we will..maybe just talk about this tomorrow. AND let everyone sleep on it fully. Because this has been a utterly bad day" and Sara turns and starts walking out of the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday February 17 7:50 pm
Whateley Academy - walkway near Shuster hall

I am walking across the campus, while my mind rages about today...most of what bothers me, just happened. Why did Carson have to do that? I still have dark thoughts, that she is lying to me and setting a trap. My confusion is near never ending.

I keep my pace up, but I hear Gwen and she trying to catch up to me. I'm not sure, if I want her to catch up. But I ponder...I need to talk to 'the' one person...So far, I know I can trust fully. As I am doubting Sara a little after today...and Aunghadhail...will NEVER get my trust. Then Carson is a human...they are always short sighted and scheming for themselves! I want to talk...so I slow down for minute and let her catch up.

She hands me another soda. I smile at her "Thanks."

"So what are your plans for the night. I know you don't sleep?"

I sigh "I don't know, go to the Grove for a couple hours and relax?"

"That would be a good idea, want me to go with you?"

I think about it for second "I don't know?....why not! I glance to her "Did you want to walk it? or go fast?"

"No lets walk, make it a nice slow walk...across the campus."

"Okay."

Several minutes later, Gwen and I walk into the Grove together. As we come in, the Pixie that seems to be assigned to me, 'Violet' shoots out of a line of brush and sits on my shoulder.

Violet shouts in my ear "You're hurt!"

"Violet....we have guests" I say to her softy. She nods to me, her understanding.

Violet then glances behind me "Hi big sister!" she says to Gwen.

Gwen stares at Violet, somewhat shocked by her being here and so familiar with me...to ask her "Well are you two, like sticking together or something?"

The Violet haired Pixie bows to Gwen "I'm suppose to take care of Rohanna."

Gwen asks "What do you mean take care of?"

Violet turns to me and says in Pixie "Should I tell her?"

I look at Violet "Tell her anything you want. It's all history, doesn't matter if she knows it now?"

Violet bows again to Gwen "Well back into the past, us Pixies and Drows like Rohanna used to team up quite a bit. Like a scout and fighter team. We scout out for them, or spy and keep them informed. Then they protect the Groves, that we called home and made sure that the dark ones would not come in hurt us. Then if the Drows, when they were hurt and needed to place the rest. They would rest in the Grove and the Grove would protect them. A mutual protection thing going on. But then the dark ones started to figure out, what we were doing and started just attacking Groves along with us Pixie. As maybe that's where the magic was coming from. Us Pixie, we had to hide. It was a bad time, the Drows had depended on us and we on them. When we were separated, we fell separately" Violet shrugs "That's what I've been told supposedly? I'm still young."

Gwen is taken by the story "Oh I did not know that?"

Violet hops on Gwen's shoulder "Sister if you want one of us to be a personal teammate for you? I'm sure we can find one, that would be suitable to help you out?"

"Well that would be nice. But I don't feel like it's proper to just pick one of you? When I like all of you!"

Violet just giggles "Well! we'll will ask the elders, what they want to do?"

Violet Flies back, sits down on my shoulder with a little plop and she asks me "What are we doing tonight?"

"I need to meditate, I have had a bad day."

"What happened to you?"

"Violet its been a bad day" I sigh.

"You got attacked. I was not there to help you?" she sounds, so worried for me.

"I know, we were in the city" I say to her in Drow "A city of man. You can't have done much good, but distract them. It was bad" I now hiss, as my anger grows again.

Violet begins looking me over by, flying all about me. I can see, that she is using some magic, to help her quest at seeing how bad I got hurt. I watch her hover at my face, then I am sure, she is at my back and she is checking on all the damage.

"You got hurt very bad. I can see it now. You will want to go soak in the warm spring. That will help you out, it'll relax you and make you feel better" she near demands of me.

I ponder her suggestion....But I am so mentally messed up now. I can't think straight "not tonight?"

"I insist! You need to relax and you need to heal! You're not fully healed up! I can tell it!" she is more than demanding now. If there is one thing, I learned in my long Drow life...listen to your Pixie if you're hurt...they truly care for us.

Gwen laughs at my predicament "You had better listen to her...I think she can take ya in a fight!"

"Okay...fine lead on."

Violet leads me through a winding path, that goes deeper into the groves heart.

Gwen is behind me trying to keep up "Where are we going to?" she asks.

I peek back at Gwen "She's taking me somewhere to heal up" Then, I say to the brush all around me "Elders? why don't you talk to Gwen for a while about, what you Pixie want to do?"

Then more than six, of what I guess are Elders shoots out of the surrounding brush and lands on Gwen's shoulders and starts talking to her. Violet, gets my attention back and leads me further and deeper into the Grove. We finally get to a section, I did not know was there. Its a small bunch of springs and I can see steam rising off most of them. A couple look to be very cold? I find that odd?

"Here we are!" Violet sings happily to me.

I see a water nymph get out of a pond about Fifty feet off. I study her and she starts walking over to me in a most sexy manner. She starts asking me in the most sexy voice, trying to influence me to join her...I close my eyes and since my mind is raging so badly today...I nearly fall for it "Not today..good try" and Violet yells at her, in a language I didn't understand and that nymph runs back into the water.

Violet flies back over to me "She will not bother you, anymore."

I look at the warm spring, I put my hand into it "Ahhh that's a great temperature!" I then shed my clothes off me and slide into the water. As I soak, My body starts relaxing, I stick my head under the water really quick and pull it back out.

I mumble out "There's got to be something about this?"

"Yes it's got good healing properties in it, there's a lot of essence flowing through the waters. Its is probably charging you backup. Please just sit on the edge and relax and you'll be just fine" Violet informs me.

I go to lay back in the corner under the waterfall and start to meditate. My mind starts to settle down, immensely and I can now find some way to go over today's mess.

As I soak, Gwen talks to the elders and finally decides with them. That having one of their kind. Partner with her, at her young age. Should not be done now, But the elders agree easily to helping her train, like they have been doing all along.

Gwen notices the passage of time and asks "Where's Rohanna?"

"She is resting and before you ask. No, you can not go to her, she needs uninterrupted rest now. I can tell, that her mind and body are badly unbalanced. The human world did this to her today...I can tell. My kind have cared for Drow for ages." the eldest states to her.

Gwen gets back up, more than tired "Well if I can't see her? I am off to bed. Now you take care of her!"

She gets the nods, she hoped for and walks off in search of her bed.

As I soak for near an hour, At head level. I finally sit up, on a small ledge in the pool. I can see Violet staring at me. "Hey where is Gwen? I ask her.

"Humm she can't come here. She is not hurt and does not need this place....you do!"

I study Violet for a second "Hey you're not Violet!" I bark.

As I say that, another Violet shoots out of the Grove at the imposter "Hey I told you to leave her alone!' she roars out, as she plows into her.

"But I like her too!" the other shouts, as they roll about on the waters edge.

"Hey you two, what gives!" I shout, more than mad. As I was just relaxing.

They both tumble to a stop at my shout and stare at me "Sorry?" comes from both of them in chorus.

"WELL! Explain!"

"She is my twin sister. I am the older, smarter one!" The Violet I know, growls.

"ARE NOT!" the other says.

"ARE TOO!"

I splash both! "SHUT IT!"

The now fully wet, Pixie calm way down.

"Sorry Rohanna....my younger sister wants in on helping you?"

I look over the new Pixie and find. Yep, they are perfect twins! "So you two figure this out. As I only need one!" I state.

The new one looks crestfallen and starts to fly off. "Hey you...sister of Violet. Talk to me later...just not tonight. I need rest, not problems!" she looks joyful now and flies off at speed.

'Great, now the Pixie are fighting over me....got to find more Drow!' I think and shake my head.

Violet turns to me "I have a plate of food for you...if you need it?"

I nod to her.

She claps, but once and a nymph comes out of pathway. This one is clothed in a near see-thru body veil, she places a large plate of food on the waters edge near me and leaves.

"These are the best fruits in the Grove for healing. Please eat up."

After I eat...'GAEA I needed that!' I rest a little more. And wake from a short...but good dream? That was funny? No nightmares? But what woke me, was my face inching. So I tear off the bandages and find most of the wounds are gone? Then I do the same on my back, to find the same! 'I love this spring! I have to use it more often!' I think to myself.

I relax and drift off again and wake over an hour later. The dream was better, but my mind is actively still thinking about 'CARSON and her wanting me gone!' I can't sit here all night, I want to be in my room...incase I have to pack. As I want some of my things! Once I hop out of the water. I notice my clothes are all clean, dried and neatly stacked by the water edge.

I whisper "Violet must have done that somehow?"

As I get all my clothes on...Violet shows up "You're leaving?...Why?" she asks.

"I want to be in my room..near my stuff. I am considering leaving that....school. The....place....awwww it scares me!" I cry "They want to lock me up...but they keep saying 'maybe'? Violet? maybe? There is no maybe in life? Is there?"

"Not in the Grove....But you can stay here...Wait a decade or so and then see if they...the silly humans change? You can do that?"

I nod to her..."That can be a plan. Instead of just running?"

"BUT! if you're leaving I am coming with! As the last time I let you out of my sight, you almost died on me!" and she comes and sits on my shoulder.

I nod "Fine?" and port to Poe's door.

---------------------------------------------------------

Saturday February 17 11:50 pm
Whateley Academy - Poe cottage

As I open and go into Poe's door. Mrs. Horton comes flying out at me. 'GAEA this lady can hear or she uses magic....allot!'

"Rohanna? Are you alright? I heard about what....happened. Gwen gave me more that what Carson e-mailed me about it."

"I am fine...I needed sometime to go heal up."

"Where?" she asks.

"The Grove...it takes care of me."

She looks a little shocked at that simple statement of mine "Okay...But if you need to talk...my door is open?"

I shout at her, as my brain rages out "TALK about what! That I had to kill four men today? How I had to slice off one's head, make one into a meatloaf with a spell CARSON hates" my tears starts, as the rage from Carson grows "OR cut one in two, or lastly burn one down with a Levin bolt. Or how about they shot me and a friend near to pieces! THEN! add I saved five others, than my friends. ONE a cop and I get no thank you!" I start crying bad now "THEN!....THEN I GET beaten and tortured!.....you want to talk about that? Okay.......then lets just talk about CARSON wanting to send me BACK to ARC or jail!"

After my rage is done. I tear off to my door. As I go down the hallway, bunches of kids pop there heads out. Horton is right behind me and shoos them back into their rooms with a mere glance.

I hit my door open, go in and finally slam the door closed.

I can hear Mrs. Horton at my door "Rohanna I would like to talk...but I will leave you alone for now. Please come to me when you're....cooler?"

I jump onto my couch, as I have not made it to its bed shape and I wrap myself in my sheet. I can just see Violet land on her shelf and she watches the door for me.

My feet, kick off my shoes and I curl up into the corner. My legs pull up to my chest and I wrap my arms around them. I pull the sheet over my head, near bury my face in my arms. To rock back and forth to think...to slow my uncontrolled mind a little.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my oldest story in a joint fan fic venture with a group of authors, so
far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We
all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of
stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This
one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek Tormented by the past,
Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek They say old soldiers never
die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek Born for
eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave their
nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan Watch what
you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever asked
for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan Struggling with fate, Kelly has
to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade Created for war
and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and the out.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade Ancient and Powerful
Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones.
Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living
in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind,
get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional). This is the Whateley
Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more
than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from
vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong
transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.' If you want further information
you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki
or
http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the
ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those
kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the
'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Or if you want to input more?

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
230 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Action packed

What a weekend for poor Rohanna. Those guys had serious fire-power. I hope those involved with the police brutality get prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Do we get to find out who was behind the whole affair?

I am enjoying this.

Joanna

Look up

Please look up the word leer.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Do or do not, there is no 'maybe'.

I believe there is a saying in the USMC. 'Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to DO or DIE'.
Someone should explain that warrior ethos to Carson. Bardue or Everheart should be able to enlighten her, even if Sam was a Swabbie.

They don't get it.

The squids don't get it-the type of ordnance they throw around guarantees that a maybe=a kill. The airforce, well maybe the fighter pukes get it, the rest of us don't. The salt water cowboys and grunts definitely get it. Gunny Bardue or Caitlin would be the best ones to enlighten Carson about the facts of life according to those on the sharp edge.

thanks guys

shadowsblade's picture

you two going at it over that, really helped me today....I really needed that laugh

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Which is why

NoraAdrienne's picture

My brother was one of "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children" back in the days of Nam.

HMmm

getting interesting.
it looks like the Ambush was planned so looks like a leak either at Whatley or ARC. the spell was set to trap teleporters, and it was set to Kill Sara and Ro I mean the Ammo load out they had also the weaponry they used.
Mrs Carson either didn't truly read all of Ro's file or didn't realise the true depth of problems that Ro is facing.
She does need to also speak to Aung to try and get a basic feel of Drow's like Ro so she truly knows what and more importantly say to keep things straight.
I know very well that a lot will not get said but maybe something will sink in on how to interact with Ro and get the message across with out Ro going into either a PTSD attack or just leaving.
looking forwards to more and I could almost feel sorry for the ppl who planned the ambush if Sara and Ro ever discover who they are. but only almost and well the cop's truly screwed up.

Matt

Good chapter but messy

I appreciate your long chapters, you grab my attention and hold it until the end! You give a full story in the chapter, a beginning, a middle filled with action, humor, terror, and affection (love), and an ending that although leaves the story open, also leaves me satisfied for the moment.

I feel for Ro, she does what her training and conditioning say is the correct thing to do (and it is) but she still gets into trouble for it. She saves the lives of her friends and strangers, but Carson dwells on carnage, without having all the details. I'm glad that Sara read Carson the riot act, I hope it leaves an impression and Carson opens up to new ways of dealing not only with Ro but with the other students also.

Shadowsblade, I enjoy your story telling, please keep it up!!

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

Iron punishment rod

jennifer breanna's picture

Why would the elves even have this? I mean its just stupid. The geas has already taken away the drow's free will. They are going to do as ordered regardless of their opinion or desire. It's like abusing your sword cause you missed your target. It's not going to make them fight harder for you, thery don't have any choice in the matter. The entire concept is abhorrent, and then decimating the remains of your slave troops just idiotic and wastefull. I would have expected the elder race to act better than a golfer rageing on his clubs.

a little hint

shadowsblade's picture

the regular elves don't know, that the Drow are slaves to the geas

so they punish the drow the same as the other troops. That gives you an idea how bad the royals are and why Ro does not like Aung at all

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

That so-called cop Steve

That so-called cop Steve definitely needs to be removed from the Force, along with any others who abuse their official duties and treat anyone with utter destine simply because they may be different. I used to take a lot of heat when I was working because I would refuse prisoners into our jail if they had any blood on them. They WERE REQUIRED to be taken to the ER and an admittance form made out by an ER doctor brought back BEFORE they could be brought into the jail or department interview rooms. Had more than one officer try to get me to change that policy and I never would. Not then, not now. Way, way too much legal and financial issues wrapped up in it all, not including just proper human consideration of others. And I don't care what the charges are either.

What happened

So I have been following for a while. What I don't understand is what happened to her charm. You never mentioned that it was destroyed or what. Does she still have it? Does it not work when attacking? Just wondering.

the charm

shadowsblade's picture

she still has it when the armor came out
it was sent off to her storage.

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Real excitement.

Somehow I forgot that I am reading.. not watching hollywood movies. I love how this part ended. Thank you for this story. Kudoss. (hope you understand my english. hehe)

brilliant

2 drows ??!! at scool ??!!
it was also mentioned in the dragon story , was it gwen or are there realy 2 drows ?
cant wait to read about a meet and greet between Ro and caitlin or with Jobe and/or his girl/drow pack
thx and keep them coming please

erik je

Don't poke the bulldog

Jamie Lee's picture

What a fantastic story, and attention grabbing.

How often does a 40,000 year old being reappear in modern times? One who can't lie and must learn how to survive in a modern world.

Sara and Gwen both need constant cold showers. It's any wonder they get any class work done. And yet the way Sara read Mrs. Carson through riot act shows she truly cars about Rohanna.

Oh to have a bank account so large you don't worry about the price of things. Well, at least others don't. But Rohanna did need a new wardrobe.

A person has to wonder just who are the real monsters in this story. The kid's who've been through traumatic experiences or those who take it upon themselves to kill those who are vastly different. And that Boston police department needs a forced march off a short plank into a deep canyon. All but a few are utter pigs. How would they feel if the shoe were on the other foot?

The Pixies are gems wanting to help Rohanna, especially the twins. Their arguing was cute, like two five year old.

I sure hope there's more of this great story. It was an "awww, nothing more to read" moment when I reached the end of the last chapter posted.

Others have feelings too.

Wonderful!!

I am so enjoying these stories!!

alissa

I wonder if Carson really understands

how badly she messed up.Roe does not trust lightly, and Carson burned a lot of goodwill that day. It will take a long tim to get back, if ever.