Vantier a Whateley Tale chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Vantier a Whateley Tale.....Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

In this chapter....Kyley and Becky journey to Whateley for Kyley's first real meeting with Carson to get into the school

He is saved from the death of his race and planet....to start all over again....but can she survive?
A human high school and being a teenager? Will she remember what was? And grow in power?

most of my current stories can be found on Fictionmania

Or if you want to input more?

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Thursday August 9 2007 6:10 am
Guest cottage area
The green space in front of my house
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

I am running through my morning routine, when Becky rolls up with a cart and Gunny is driving. I glance over the carts back deck, to see traveling bags all laid on it?

I walk over to see what is happening "Hi Gunny what is going on?"

"Heya Kyley, Ahh I think Becky should tell you? As I don't want to get hurt!"

"Haaa you old warrior. Your afraid... this little one?" I jest him.

Becky's mean leer at him...tells all "Yes I am! She knows things!" he laughs out.

"Kyley!" Becky's stern voice sets my teeth on edge "You forgot the 'of' again!"

"Yess mom!" I tested her.

She picks up a small bag and tosses it at me. I duck it easily.

"See she is a fighter! I don't mess with their kind...but I married one!" Gunny says as he readies himself for another bag to fly at us both.

"Yes she is...but she forgets I can do this!" I put out my arm extended at her and a magic shield forms up. I watch as the next bag bounces off it "See...brains! they work!"

"Ya but I know where you sleep!" she hisses at me.

"She has got ya there!" Gunny jests me, as he elbows me lightly in the ribs.

"Well drop that...thing and get over here. We have some packing to do, your going on a trip!"

"What?....Where?... Can I ask one thing!?" I say as I drop the magic shield with a wave of my hand and it fades with a waver of air.

"What?" she asks.

"Tell me at least a day ahead of time....MY PLANS. I would like to know them...for a change!" I snarl out.

I then walk over to the cart, as I pick up one of the tossed in anger bags. Then I grab more off the cart, to carry a few of them into my house and place them on my bed. Once we both get in the house of mine, I watch as Becky grabs some of my underwear, socks and other things and then places them in one bag.

"Well don't just stand there...get like three of your best pants out and four or so shirts or blouses. Then lay them on the bed and I will show you how to pack as we do it here." she orders me

I do as ordered and I also see her take out two of my better dresses from the closet. I stand there and watch her pack all of that for me.

"Ahh where are we going?" I question her.

"Its a surprise!"

"Becky?" she turns to me "You have to start telling me things. I don't like this at all."

"Well Twain told me to do it this way?"

"Fine. I think Twain has got a lot nicer of late...but He is not Us? We are near ONE and He is 'other than US' You have to start thinking that way."

She looks at me, not quite understanding.

"Becky...dear We are joined and soon even more? You have to start thinking its 'US' verses them? or we might have trouble. I don't want to make you tell me. But your still thinking like...them. Understand me?"

It dawns on her.

I nod to her, as I get the feelings from her over our link.

I hug her and whisper in her ear in the old language "If this trip is overnight? and it looks like it is. We are joining fully on it and you will know what I mean even more." I hug her even tighter and then let go.

After a few hours of choosing what to take, we get all the bags packed and Becky tells me to get into what I feel is most comfortable. I smirk at her evilly and start taking off everything.

"NO! you know what I meant! Now go find some nice clothes!"

I go and get all dressed in clothes I find comfortable and walk back out to my living room. To find Twain is just coming in my door.

"Hi Kyley. I have to tell you where your going." he says to me....a little too...friendly?

"I guess its pretty far? By the numbers of clothes Becky had me pack?"

"It is. But your going to an Academy."

"Military?!"

"No its a private school called Whateley."

"Ohh Becky mentioned it a few times. Its where Sara is at...or was? and its where she says, you school mutants that have issues?"

"Yes it is. And its one of the finest learning academies in the country. If your accepted? You will be asked, along with your regular classes, to go over their library. Just like you have done most of ours here and a few others real close by. Then they might ask you to help out in their math studies programs too? All of this will be paid for by us and you will get paid well for your time working on top of the scholarship."

I reach out to him just a little and feel no ill will from him. I have to be sure of this...as this was or is Sara's school and it might lead to a trap for me?

"But to go on?" he starts again "The plan, is for you to go out there and stay in the local town over night. Then go to the main school and meet with Mrs. Carson the headmistress of the Academy. As she will interview you and she approves all that go there ....or not?"

"Carson? that lady from the fourth of July? Is she.....same?"

"Yes, I had her come out and get a 'preview' of you. She just fell in love with what you did with our library and then your formulas for the 'gates' you talked about made her 'drool' a little!" he boasts to me.

"Okay? so a little chat and I in then?"

"I am in...dear" Becky interrupts me.

Twain winks at Becky "Yes your 'in' and maybe over there, they can confirm your dimensional gate travel formulas and how you think you can link a gate to a small object? As so far, your WAY! over what we understand here?"

"I have told those men, many a time....its so simple! But they cant get over it?"

"But here is my little present for you" I watch as he takes out a large manila envelope and out slides my oath for this place. He then takes it in both hands and tears it in half. Then hands me the two parts "Kyley you are free to go as you choose now. I hope you will stay or visit us, if you get into Whateley?" he smiles at me and offers up his hand on it.....I take it up.

"Fine by me. I will call this 'home' till, I make one of my own. If that is fine with you?"

"It is! I will make this your permanent house and move Becky's stuff in since you two seem to be in here together most of the time anyway?" he winks at me.

I hand him back the torn oath "You keep this, as a reminder...okay?"

"I will keep it and you will see it framed on my wall soon enough. Now get going you two, its a long way to New Hampshire!" he says while stepping out of my doorway and waving at the cart.

We take the cart to a waiting van and our bags get loaded into it. We get in and off we go. After a few miles, I notice we are going toward the testing area? But then we make a right turn, to yet another part of the complex I have not been to.

"Becky? there is no road out of here on this side of Homestake? Where are we going to?"

A near yelled....."Wait!" is all I get in reply.

So?...I sit and 'wait'? I am completely baffled, this road is going in the other direction from going to New Hampshire? But soon enough I see buildings on the end of the road and PLANES!

"Becky?" I gulp more than nervously "Are we going to fly in one of those?" I ask as I start to sweat!

"YEEEEEUP! we are!"

"Ahhh how about I just 'fly' ahead of you all and meet you there?"

"Nope we all fly together."

"Hummm I think I can carry all of you? It might be hard But I will try!"

"No love, we are taking a plane."

"What? me in one of those?" I gulp again "Its a can with wings! They crash all the time! How can I trust a human to 'fly' me about and the human has no 'real' wings!...nor ever had ANY!"

"Its fine" she says as she takes my hand. Then she sees, I am really scared of the idea!

"Sheesh you are really scared of that? aren't you?"

"Wouldn't you be! All I see is a tin can with wings, flown by a human that has never 'flown'! Then add, it is one of your 'human' machines...that I see break all the time! Then its a tube with no real easy way out...IF it falls! THEN its filled with GAS! that goes BOOM!" I stutter most of that out VERY fast!

"We will be fine! Just try it?" she insists at me.

As we drive up to the planes side, I see that its a larger private jet. One that is suppose to be REAL! comfortable? Heck my brain goes 'give me a biplane, at least it has two wings and you can jump out of it!

Becky gets out first and grabs my hand AND near has to drag me out! I now see Gunny is with us and he is putting our bags in the jets belly. I can't show that I am 'chicken' in front of the old warrior! Then one of the engines starts up! 'bwok, bwok, bwok!' goes my brain. As I start thinking to walk off.

Then Night jumps in my thoughts ~"GET ON THE PLANE!"~ then she gives me a mental KICK!

I get on the planes stairs and climb in. Once inside the large jet, a lady shows me a very nice seat and I sit in it at her prompting. Becky sits next to me and shows me the seat belt. "Ohhh brother that is not helping Becky, if you need one of these!" I say as I snap the belt into its home.

Well after near three hours of flying, Me screaming about six times in terror! and Becky needing her hand healed twice! from me holding it! And Gunny laughing near all the time...and me remembering him doing it!

I get off the jet and hand the stewardess. The NOW very bent and mangled armrest off my seat.

"Sorry about all that?" I mumble out to her "I've never flown in one of these before."

She smiles at me "Oh your first time flying?"

"No I love flying. But I can't stand being cooped up like this, in a can with wings. With no wind blowing in your hair! Or the way it feels under your wings. With nothing between you and the heavens but the air currents your riding on."

The more than puzzled stewardess, watches me as I walk down the stairs.

I go to a van next to the jet, that I see Gunny is getting into and he is still laughing at me. "Keep it up! and next time! I will let the Dark ones EAT YOU!" I leer at him AND he keeps on laughing at me.

Once all the bags are loaded, the van only drives off a short way to the main terminal...if it can be called that! As its so small. As we park, Gunny tells me and Becky "Even thou that was a private jet used by DPA. We still have to go through the MCO desk here, so get that MID out, both of you. As I have mine out."

I shift my vision a little and now that I am thinking on it. I can see that Gunny is indeed 'one of us' "Gunny your a mutant? I just never looked at you as that, as I just don't care!"

"Yep I am. I have a exemplar one and a devisor two. OR I like to make things go BOOM! That's how I got my job in the Corps!"

"Humm So you must have been near one of the first....here?"

"Yep and for that, I have seen allot. Too much! I even see that look in your eyes once and awhile...eyes that have seen too much...death. All of my old friends had it....That 'stare'...." and then I see Gunny fade off from us ...thinking ...remembering.

"Hey its fine? We all have burdens. Just share once and a while?" I say as I try and give him comfort.

"Ohh I might do that with you sometime, over some good hooch! But lets get this crap over with!"

As we go in, Becky pulls me aside and tells me in old language to only use the 'Vantier' name with these MCO people. As they can use other names to track me!

I stand just behind Becky and watch the man go over her ID and other papers. As she gets done. he waves me up and asks my name. I give "Vantier" as I was told to use by Becky.

"Humm a DPA issued MID. That's unusual Miss?"

"Vantier?"

"Ohh right 'Vantier' weird name you got there?"

I feel off him, a near want to do me harm? Then a feeling of loathing...like he hates me.

"Its nowhere 'weirder' than your name of 'Shugo' is to me?"

"WHAT? Are you trying to be funny?"

"No."

"So what did you mean by that?"

"In one language I know 'Shu' means excrement and 'g'oh' means pig...or pig shit?"

"WHAT!.." He glares at me "What language is that?"

"Drow?"

"What in the heck is a 'Drow'?

"Hummm to layman?...a dark elf? And that's an insult to one, if you call them that."

"Humm Drow...Dark elf?" he says, as he works on the computer "Okay they do exist, so I will let you slide on that!"

"They do? Really? I thought they all died off?"

"Nope according to records, there are two...twins and that's all I can say. But here are your papers back and have a nice day. AND thanks for the joke, I will pull it on dad!"

I walk out to the rest of the group outside the doors and see that we are still riding in the same van. So I go and jump into it and lean on Becky like a pillow "So lets go, I am comfortable!"

"Hey I am not a pillow!" she whines at me.

"Humm but you treat me like one? So it only fair, I get to use you as one too?"

"Fine...and the word is 'ITS' not 'it'."

The van drives off and we travel about an hour till we get to a real small town in the hills called Dunwich. The van pulls up to a nice looking place 'The Dunwich Arms hotel' and we all pile out.

As the bags are unloaded and separated. Gunny starts his speech "Well I had to give you two separate rooms...because Kyley is a minor. BUT there is an adjoining door to Becky's room, so an adult can check in on her...just incase!" he winks.

After we get all set in our rooms, I unpack what little bit of what I need alone. I set out some basic needs for tomorrow on the dresser and set out a nice blouse and slacks for tomorrow. I jump on the rather large bed, then lean over to a orange soda, I just put on the table and start sipping when the adjoining room door knocks.

I jump up and over to the door to let her in. I hug Becky as she comes in "Well I guess, I am as ready as I can get?"

"Did you read all that literature I gave you?"

"Yep...it only took me five minutes? Too many pictures!"

"So lets go to bed and enjoy the night?"

"Ahhh nope we are going to..." I stop and put a finger to my own lips, showing her I want silence.

I pull out my Axe and take off its gem. I then toss the Axe back to its place, with a flip. I look around the room and I see evidence of very light, very old, very faded magic wards allover the room. 'so? I am not the only mage who sleeps here?'

I find the rooms 'center' and slap my gem down on the floor. Then burn its symbol into the floor, as a magic ward. I stand back up "All done! now, no one can hear or see us? Unless, they have far more power than I have ever seen?"

"So Becky are you sure you want this?" I ask her gently...with hope she still does.

She nods happily to me "Like I told you...its my goal in life, to live on in someway like this!"

"So you understand what I am asking of you? This is forever, as in FOREVER. You and me joined for all time. I may have others in life like this, but your my first and my love for you is very special. You and me will bond like no other in your life till now. You will hear my very thoughts and feelings...as much as you can take? and I yours. I promise on my very life to protect you and seek you out for any needs you have! I can with this, ask you to do tasks, as I need them. But you will have free will on any of them. You can refuse to do any of them and give me no reason if you want to?"

"I want this! Lets do it PLEASE!" she nods at me.

"Fine, I use this gem" I toss my Axes gem in the air "This gem is mine and its my link to others. It also stores the 'souls' of those, I care about in its space. But It also imprisons the ones I defeat! If or when you die, you go into this and join with me via it. Once in there...nothing can hurt you that I put in there, as its punishment. So don't fear any of the Dark ones, I add later. AND if you were to 'pass' soon. You could play and talk to my two youngest kids, that I now store in this." I gulp a little thinking of them. Trapped, not knowing...that where they're at and that this is not a game of daddy's.

Becky sees my pain and steps forward to me, I wave her off. "Now Becky? This gem leaves a small mark when used. So where would you like it?" I show her the gems carving, so she knows what it looks like.

"Humm how about on the nape of my neck here, under my hair! So its 'personal' and I can show it off, if I want?"

I take her hand, lead her to the bed and sit her down on it. I get behind her and move her hair to one side. I kiss her on the neck, just at her hairline "Here my love?" I ask.

"Yes there!"

I kiss her once more on the place. Then I ready the gem with a thought. I shift my vision to a deep one, so I can see her very spirit, her 'soul'. I line my gem up with its center and press it to her skin. "Ready? love." I get a nod and a soft 'yes' from her and I push my life force to hers till they blend. Our blending light fills the room for a barest second and its done. I feel her pass out, from all that she now sees and I lay her down on the bed softly. For the rest of the night I show her...what real 'love' is like for my kind...deep within our joined minds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday August 10 2007 6:05 am
Dunwich Arms Hotel
Dunwich New Hampshire

I am just finishing up with my shower and walking out while drying my hair. 'Gods I hate this much hair!' I think. As I take the towel off my head, I see Becky laying out my clothes for me...AND the shock of what she chose hits me!

"Ahhh no, I am not going in a skirt, that blouse and jacket! NO!" I shout "I already chose a blouse and slacks for today!"

"Yes you are. You have to make a good impression and this is how you do it! Now start getting this stuff on!"

"Ohhh I hate this! Fine!" I shake in anger.

I start dressing in my underwear and then get the skirt, blouse and shoes on. "I should just go in that leather outfit!" I threaten her.

After I get all done dressing, Becky asks me to sit at the dresser and she will fix my hair up. As I sit she goes over 'once again' all should need to know. Then as she finally gets done with that last bit of my hair. I watch as she pulls out her RATHER large make-up case.

"Ohh no! Not that too!" I shriek.

"Ohh just go with it! I will do only 'light' make-up on ya!" she smiles at me. But I feel nothing but pure evil over our link!

"Fine! I guess that this WHOLE day is going to be a PAIN!"

While I wait for Becky, to come back from her room all ready to go. I have been reading my notes. on the books that I have gone over for filing back at the library. What I am pondering on, is how to tell people what is in some of the more dangerous books. Without getting some poor human's brain fried, as I do it?

As I finalize a note, on one rather nasty book on Mythos magic. I get a knock at my door. I close my book and put up my writing utensils, with a sigh "That can only be Gunny, as its exactly Nine AM on the dot and only a military man would be so prompt."

I side off the bed, to my feet and walk to the door. Sure enough when I open it Gunny is standing there, along with six more guards. I wave Gunny and the men inside, but only Gunny comes in? "Hey you guys can come in if you want?" All I get is head shakes from them "Fine guys have fun?" I say to them, as I close the door.

I say, as I go back into my room and see Gunny staring at my book on the bed. "Gunny you know, you should not think about reading my books? As you never know what I am doing?" I scold him a playfully.

"Yes I know. But I always have had a fascination with magic" he smiles back.

"Well you can try learning it?"

"Nope...not a magic bone in my body. It would take years, if not decades to get the basics even done."

"Baloney! Magic is easy? You just have to find 'that' link to your mind and 'tell' it what you want?"

He laughs at me "Easy for you! Your not human?"

"Magic is all the same. Far too many humans and others. Use words and goofy hand jesters as a crutch!" I say as I wave my arms in the air "But if they just studied it, with the right teacher? Then, they could master it!"

"Well, I am too old to learn that now."

"Really? You believe that?"

"Even if I wanted to do it? I have family to be near and this job?"

"Humm...family I can't help with. Nor the job, as I have no real money myself...yet!"

"Like I said? There is no way?"

"Humm Gunny? Ahhh I can always use men like you?"

"I would take your offer, if I was younger. But as an old man...no...that stuff of following you around is for the young." he says back in a near sad tone.

"I might some day, be able to fix that. As I need men like you?"

"Men who know how to fight are easy to find. Just look at my team? I can call up just about any army in the world and get a list of men that are...dropping out soon?" he states to me.

"No I need men like you. That think before a fight starts...real men don't fight!
They solve issues, then fight, if all fails...that is YOU!"

"I don't know?" he tones out cautiously.

"What I am saying is...this? When I got a little mad that first time I saw Sara?" I say more than embarrassed "You did not come in the room guns blazing? Is how you say it? But you stood there as I calmed down and waited for me to cool off?"

"Yep I saw you where just upset at her and did no damage. So why make a bad thing...worse?"

I giggle "I remember what you said that day! Even thou at the time, I did not understand it?...'So? are you all done now? Good!' is what you said!"

"Funny how you remember that? But we have to get going! I thought Becky would be in here with you?"

"Why would you think that?" I grin.

"Hummm I can't recall?" he laughs.

As he starts to leave, I whisper in his ear "If your life goes to heck? Find me I might have answers by then?"

He nods to me "I forgot to tell you when I came in? You sure do look good in that outfit!" then, he walks out to go bang on Becky's door, to get her moving along.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday August 10 2007 10:10 am
Whateley Academy main entrance
Dunwich, New Hampshire

Our van rolls by the schools guard post and we enter the main gates. I look about trying to take it all in and see something I want to share with Becky.

As I take up her hand, I point the large stonework gates and the 'gargoyles' on top of them "Becky, look at them with my help."

As Becky looks at the 'gargoyles'. The one she is looking at, turns its head to follow her gaze. The look from it startles her so much, she grabs onto my hand even tighter. "What was that ...thing?"

"What it is called here? I don't know? But they are harmless...unless your trying to attack the school, that is!" I grin at her.

After some driving the van stops at a large, old brick building 'Schuster hall'. Gunny gets out of the passenger door and opens the slider door for me and Becky to exit. I slide out from the seat, to the ground and start to look around. What I see around me, is a regular looking campus. A quad area at the building's front, a large bronze statue in its middle and buildings far off in each direction.

I watch and help Becky out of the van. As I do I suddenly get very nervous about all of this. "Becky?" I ask her "Did you bring my cigars by chance? I really need something to do before I go in there."

"Heck no! Why would I bring those stinky things?"

"Shoot!"

"Hey calm down? Sheesh I can feel that nervousness off you....all the way over here. Put your shields up, before someone else feels it!"

"Sorry? I don't know why, I am so messed up right now?"

"Hey its fine. Your being nervous, your at a crossroads in life. Your leaving Homestake for here and that's a big change. Here try one of these for a change?"

She tosses me a plastic tube with a funny head on it, 'Scooby doo?'. "What in the heck is this?"

"Its candy, a PEZ dispenser."

"A what?" I ask looking at the thing, more than puzzled.

"Here, silly...pop the head back" she shows me "and out pops a mint for you to suck on."

I take the offered mint "MMM okay, I like this. Can it keep it?"

"Yes" she hisses out. Then she hands me a file "Now off ya go! and make a good impression on her!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Friday August 10 2007 10:10 am
Whateley Academy Headmistress Office
Dunwich, New Hampshire

Mrs. Carson picks up the file on her 10:30 appointment for new student evaluation and starts reading the name off the very long form there.

Kyley Barron

Age 15
noted maybe far older?
eyes blue
height 6 feet variable to 7 foot 6

Mage lvl 4
Exemplar 4/6 mental and physical packages.
Regen low 6--Healer 5
Shifter lvl 4-trait for size change and wings.
External energizer energy expulsion- lvl 4
Phyc empathy receiver/ sender- lvl 4

Weakness none found.

Carson rereads the whole page. But this time, she sees new additions to what she read in July. When she was called in by Lee to see this one. They added in the high math skills in dimensional physics and her ability to read any Class 'X' material with no issues.

The next noted section really caught her eye. This was from a physiatrist on the staff there at Homestake. She read it and what it basically said to her, is that Miss Barron seems to put out a low form of empathy, that sooths most and seems to calm most. It suggests she would and can be...best used to help others with mental issues. As Kyley is even tempered and patient to a fault.

"Humm' she thinks 'I can use that.'

She goes on with a report from Twain. In his section, he mentions that Miss Barron is most likely an immortal being of some unknown type and maybe related to the 'GOO' Mythos? He also mentions, a familiar, that is a rather large hawk?

He goes on with a most flowery recommendation to anyone reading the section. As Carson reads on, she notices that, there is no mention of the 'Dark One' that Miss Barron called it...incident at all? As Carson has her own...vast network of information and had read the whole report on that battle for the complex within the deep mine storage area.

"Funny Lee, you did not mention that one? But as usual Lee, your being a nice guy and trying hard to get her out of that 'hole' your in charge of!" she sounds out with a smile. "I am going to...unless she fails this day badly...Lee..... take her off your hands! As she will do very fine here I think!"

Carson stops reading when her intercom system beeps to her. She closes the file and slides it up a little.

"Yes? Elaine?"

"Your 10:30 is here?"

"Send her in please."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday August 10 2007 10:20 am
Whateley Academy
Dunwich, New Hampshire

I walked into the building and up the main staircase as I was told and found a nice looking woman behind a large desk working on mountains of files. I walk up to her with my folder in hand 'Gods I am nervous!'

"Hello I am here to see Mrs. Carson? Am I in....right office?" I squeak out.

The lady with auburn hair looks up at me from her work. "Why yes you are and you must be Miss Barron?"

"Yes that's me. Here is the forms I was told....have?" I say while handing them to her.

"Well I am Elaine Claire. Those forms there, you hold onto them."

I watch as she uses a intercom, to call in the Office behind me. She gets her reply and points at the large double wooden doors. "Go on in, she is waiting for you"

I walk over, open one door and find a large nice office beyond. In side the large office I find a lady there I have met before, she is standing, waiting for me just behind her desk.

"So, Miss Barron good to see you again! Come on in and have a seat?" she asks me, while waving at the chair in front of her desk.

"Thanks...but do you mind...I stand a bit for now, as I...really nervous about this."

"Humm fine by me" she says while sitting down.

I start walking around the room looking at various pictures she has on the wall, of her much younger self. I also find some of family and then some of students over the years.

"So, Miss Barron, you want to come to us here at Whateley? And why do you think that is a good idea for you. As I find here from your file, that your being sponsored by the DPA and will be during your stay here. Helping out both our library and the science department via your math skills."

"I guess" I say as I pull a nice looking magic tome of the shelf "This would be...good choice for me and my continued growth. As....Homestake my interaction with others is extremely limited" I flip thought the pages memorizing each one and finding small flaws in the formulas here and there.

"So you think coming here may change that for you?"

"Yes...and do you mind....I read these?" I ask as I keep turning pages.

"No...nothing on that shelf is dangerous, but go on please" she urges me.

"Hummm...A change in my current environment to this one, will surly let me see how...teenagers act in this world and thus the rest of your world or should I say my world. I have to get used to the fact its gone" I say while changing to a new book, as the last one and its one hundred and twenty two pages where in my memory now.

"Okay, tell me of where you came from? As so far, you have not really done that for anyone...we know of?"

"No, that I keep....myself. As it will do no good going over it...its gone." I say simply, as I shelve yet one more book back on her shelf and pick a new one.

"Kyley, are you paying attention to what I am saying to you?"

"I turn to her "Yes I am Mrs. Carson? I can read many...book while thinking on what your asking of me, I do this all the time at Homestake. Is this wrong?"

"Kyley, In this case, it is. In situations like this, you are suppose to be giving me your full attention. I do understand that you can do many things at the same time, but its considered 'rude' to do so."

I ponder on what Mrs. Carson just said to me "I understand Mrs. Carson. Its just at Homestake, that all the scientists and researchers. Never pointed that out to me as not being...courteous? My reading, while they asked questions. But since your a leader of teachers, I will stop and sit down."

After Carson chuckles out a little "Kyley I can understand why the science personal at Homestake did not correct you. We have that same issue with students here all the time. We have to remind them of manners, from time to time."

I put the book back on the shelf, then turn to go sit "But Kyley, if any of those interested you? You can come and ask to borrow them anytime" Carson says with a smile to me.

"Humm thank you, I might do that sometime soon." I say as I get seated.

"Okay...but onward. So are there any others like you around, we might see soon?" she asks, leading me on for more information.

"No...unless you have heard of one showing up? As I am pretty much kept in the 'dark' as you say it?"

"No we have not. Have you thought of what classes you want to study here?"

"One would...english, as I seem to be having such a hard time....with it? The others? A history class or two, A language other than english, maybe three or four of them before I leave here?, A magic course would be nice!, and of course some higher math...to keep...mind busy?"

"Ohh you being in the math department here...if you come here, is a given! The others, we can offer that and more."

"That sounds fine to me." I say.

"So you need some english lessons? I can hear you miss, a few words now and then? But no real issues?"

I say nothing to her.... 'I said I needed it? so why does she ask me not too?' I think.

"Are you listening to me Miss Barron?"

"Yes I am. I was just thinking, on why you would ask me twice is all? I need that class, as I am a perfectionist? I guess?... and I want what I am saying understood by all. So I need the classes." she nods back and makes a note on the paperwork.

"I have one question for you? A student called Sara, saw you many months ago and helped you start communicating with us."

"Yes I remember her, she seemed nice. She was rather helpful to me."

"Well she was to write a report for me and the school, about what she saw while at Homestake and about you. But all I got were her notes and she disappeared before finishing that full report."

'I wonder what she is after?' I think, as I begin my answer "I heard that she disappeared about May 1st via summoning spell from what I have been told of it. Then reported missing on the 5th?, but not acted on by...the guard on staff...sloppy...very sloppy! I hope, he has been let go? or worse?"

"Huumm So you heard of it? from I guess...Becky? your translator and teacher?"

I gaze at Mrs. Carson "Yes I heard it from Becky"....'what is she after?'

"So you know it was a summoning spell then?" she asks me......'my guess she is trying to see what I know about it? or I may have helped?' I ponder.

"Yes, from what I was told?...that...only thing it could be?...and hold her this long?"

"So, you don't think, she was bound to serve someone then?" she asks me.

"Her?" I laugh out "a Dark On....sorry a 'GOO' as you call them? I think?....they do have so many names! No, I don't think she is 'bound'...not one of her lineage. As if she was?...there would be signs?....from it by now?"

"Signs?" Carson asks while tilting her head in thought.

"Yes" I say as my sight is caught by a case of nice books, just over her shoulder. My mind quickly reads off all the titles, off the eighty two books in that case. "Signs...As in lots of dead people or disaster of some sort?"

"So you think she is that powerful?"

"No..but she has the connections that are." I state coldly. Then I add "One does not need to 'be' actually powerful...if you have the right connections...that is."

Mrs. Carson chuckles a little "You sound like 'Chou', one of my other students. She has little snippets of wisdom like that. But I have to also ask you....since you had a fight with and 'killed' a 'Dark One?' and Sara might be one to you? Will you have any issues with her if or when she returns?"

"Huumm No?...But that would depend on her?....As I don't start fights. I am peaceful. On...or in my world, my kind was seen, much like your police officers...We kept the peace." As I end saying that, she spends time writing a note on my paperwork.

As she writes a note, my eyes wonder over the room, to a shelf behind her desk. I look at some books there and I find none appeal to me. Then I see a small box on the large desk beside her. I find it grabs my attention.

"So, how about martial arts classes? or are you going on our evasion, survival track instead of combat?"

I near laugh at the question "Me? in a evasion and survival track? A Hawk Lord? I maybe part bird in a way...but not chicken!"

"I had to ask" Then I see her write something down.

I point to the box on the table and stare at it "Do you mind if I look at this?"

"Yes...I do mind, as its dangerous. So please leave it alone and stay with me for now."

"Hummm, Sorry for doing that yet again.... But that is a real nice wand in that box. Fine craftsmanship...who ever made it" I say while getting more comfortable in the chair.

"What! You should not be able to see that in there? Its a shielded and warded box" she says more then upset.

"Well, it is warded and shielded in this dimension...in others I see, that box is made of glass." Is all I say to her.

I see the puzzlement on her face, as well as feel it.

"Humm Now that is unusual. You showed quite a skill in magic there just now?"

"That was not skill in magic? I see things that you don't, is all. Does that bother you?"

"No...not really. Its just not normal, is all."

"What is normal is based on your reference point at the time. Like me doing that, is not normal to you. But to me earlier this week, I saw a car and motorcycle. They are not normal to me. Like this" I take out the PEZ dispenser "I never saw one till today! I like this little 'gizmo' you call it?" I take a candy from it and start sucking on it "So, I have genuinely allot to learn here Mrs. Carson." I say as the candy clicks on my teeth.

"It seems that you do Miss Barron. I have to add this now, I watched you walk in this room and by your walk and stance. I can see that your not really used to or comfortable with being female...yet?"

"No...I was a male for....along time so..." I wave a hand over myself "...this will take some getting used too. Then add some of your customs are far different than mine?" I add.

"Like what? If can ask?"

"Clothes...Back in my home. We did not wear any, except armor or when we had special guests and then, they where only body wrappings. So...I have got somewhat used to that idea...I don't like it...but I have to blend in and conform to your standards?"

I watch as Mrs. Carson seems uncomfortable at the subject and blushes a little.

I change the subject for her as a courteously "I also don't need to eat like you humans do...but I have found....good way to interact with others. So I will.....here?"

"That sounds like a great idea for you. You should plan on taking most of the regular meal breaks and talk to other students here."

"But back to what, I was going to tell you. Since you have some issues along those gender lines. I would place you in a cottage that only has those types of students in it. You would be in a group we call changelings. Or those who have or are changing their sex." when she is done she looks me over for a reaction. I don't care, so...I give her none.

"So you separate students based on this issue?"

"Yes we find it helps them. By putting them with others that have the same issues. As putting them in with the regular students can and does cause issues."

"Humm sad...that acceptance is so little. Then add the student is a mutant. I have seen and felt some humans loath mutants greatly."

"Yes it is. But I think...I will tell you now. I have chosen to take you on as a student at this academy. So your in! Are there any questions for me?"

"A great many...but, they all can wait till, I see if they cover them on my first days here?"

"So do you want a tour?"

"Only if your doing it and have available time for it?"

"Sadly no I don't, I have to talk to other students today yet to come. But your more than free to do it on your own?"

"I will think about it and ask the rest of my party. What they want to do?"

"So, I will see you in a few weeks and welcome to Whateley!" she says while extending her hand. I take it, in a gentle shake and let go.

"I will be here, unless plans change that is?"" I say as I go to the door to leave. "Thank you for your time Mrs. Carson."

"Have a good day Miss Barron." I hear from her, as I close the door behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday August 10 2007 11:13 am
Whateley Academy Schuster front entry
Dunwich, New Hampshire

I come bouncing down the staircase toward the door more than happy 'I did it! I am going here!' as I see the door an evil Idea hits my head 'I am going to let out a little sadness to our link and fool Becky!'

As I walk to the door, I open my link and send a little sadness down it toward Becky. Then I come out the double doors looking upset as I can act!

Becky near jumps out of the bench, she is seated in and yelps out "SHIT! I can feel it. THAT CARSON....SHE SAID NO!"

I walk up to all of them and sniff a little. I can see and feel that Becky is holding back allot of anger right now "I am sorry Becky But? I have to tell you this....Get packing I made it!" I laugh as a grab her up into a fierce hug.

"Oowwww you little...hellion! I should!" Becky threatens me, as I hold her by the shoulders to gaze at her.

"Little?" I say, as I shrug and LOOK down at her "ME? little?" I laugh and now I hear Gunny laughing too!

"Hey this deserves a drink. I am paying! JB for me and the group!....soda for The kid!" I bellows out.

"Soda? are you kidding!? I want....something! harder!" I pout.

Gunny whispers at me "I will get you something at the hotel? Okay?"

"Fine, I can wait. But what now?" I ask.

"I say, we eat here and leave for the hotel. Then you two make up the plan from there?"

Gunny leads us off, as he has a small map of the whole campus. "Where we are going to, is the schools cafeteria....they call it Crystal Hall." he points at a building nearby.

As we all walk down the path around the administration building. I notice that there are near no kids around at all "Gunny where is everyone?" I ask.

"Kyley, its summer session and they have limited classes during it. Then add the session is near over and the semester break is starting up."

"Okay, so this school has limited classes during parts of the year then?"

"Yes" he says as he stops to point to the south "that building there, the one under construction is Poe. That is where you will end up at. So I am told by a few buddies I asked, that I have here."

"Yes I was told that because, I changed my gen..." He stops me.

"That is a school secret. I only know because, I know people working here and I asked as part of my job. So Kyley, don't tell anyone who or what is in that building to protect the kids in it from prejudice....please, for them?"

"Ohh I understand now" I say as I think 'silly humans and even sillier notions like that'

"Thanks" he offers, as he holds the door to the cafeteria open for us.

"Funny this, I am going to be doing 'a job', in a way that I have done near all my life...yet again" I laugh as we all enter.

"And what would that be?" Becky asks while Gunny looks on, with some interest at my answer.

"Me being sent into that building, I will be most likely protecting the weak again and keeping the peace." I state as I enter.

Once in the cafeteria, I see how vast it is! Its huge! over Three stories of a glass dome, that is covering a serving and seating area....AND a water fall?

I fall into a short line behind Gunny and Becky. I see in this line, lots of serving trays of food. So I grab a tray, a large plate and start my 'sample' plate for this place today!

Once done with my selection, I go over to the end of the line where Gunny waits for us all and he pays the bill as promised. When I am done, Becky bumps me to get my attention and leads me off to a far off section.

After we get settled in. I start sampling my food slowly, so I can enjoy each taste on its own, while I listen to Becky and her great plans. One of them is, she wants a 'condo'? 'What ever that is?' near the school, so we might be able to see one another on some weekends. BUT she does not want me over every weekend! She wants me to be with the other students, so I can 'grow' here.

After a long chat with her...mostly her talking! Gunny has to come get us on our way. I take my tray to the clean-up and leave it. Then exit the doors at the tail end of our group, as I always seem to fine something that gets my interest!

I have to near run to catch up to my group. As I just come up on Becky I see a small, young, Asian girl walking to one of the far off buildings. She is wearing a security uniform with purple accents? But what is most strange is the rather large halberd she has on one of her shoulders?

Becky stops when she sees, that I am not right beside her or near behind. "Kyley? What is that your looking at?"

I just stand there wondering I have seen that before? Now Becky comes close to me feeling my puzzlement via the link. "Kyley what is it?"

It finally comes to me. The word, I was looking for and I say it very softly "Harvester."

"What? harvester? What's that?" She questions me while grabbing my arm to get my attention on her.

"Ohh nothing? We really don't want to know." I say as best I can.

"THE Heck it is! I feel your...shook up at best...at something? AND for you that's bad!"

"I saw something I....its okay, lets go?" I grab up Becky's arm and walk off toward our waiting van with Becky on my arm. All she does while we walk, is try to be quiet and 'feel' me out, via the link.

Once we all get set in the van and start rolling off the school grounds. Becky tells Gunny "Hey we need to stop in town and get her uniforms!"

I whine out "Uniforms? I already have nice clothes and they need more?"

"Yes...they do! As its proper to wear the schools uniform, as much as you can. So we are stopping at a..." Becky gets out a piece of paper from her VAST pile of notes "Rogers' Fabric Boutique. I have a letter from Twain to get us in. As she only take appointments from those she knows."

---------------------------------------------------

Friday August 10 2007 12:33 pm
Rogers' Fabric Boutique
Dunwich, New Hampshire

I see this fine looking clothing shop as we roll up to a stop. Becky is studying the window of the shop and tells me with glee "Kyley! This lady knows fashion, look at that stuff in the window! I would kill for a dress that nice!"

Becky leads the group to the door of the shop. with her letter in hand and knocks softly. After a few second pass and rather nice looking lady comes to the door and looks at Becky and our 'mob'

"Ahh appointments only please, call or e-mail me and I may get back to you." and she starts to close the door.

Becky's hand stops her "I have a letter of introduction form Mr. Twain. Does that get us in? As my friend needs uniforms for Whateley and next term?"

She takes the note from Becky's hand "Humm a note from Lee? Maybe?" then she looks up and sees the rest of the group and Gunny near hiding on the edge of the large group of ours. "GUNNY! you old dog! Why didn't you knock! I would let you in here anytime!"

"Hi Cecilia. I did not know I was coming here. As Becky is in charge of this unit?"

I mumble out "Darn right she is!" that garners a sneer from Becky.

The door near flies open now and she grabs Gunny by the wrist and yanks him in. "Well the rest of you don't stand there...come in" she sings to us all.

After I watch a more than embarrassed Gunny get dragged in. I find a really nice shop inside, with many displays of I guess are the latest fashions? That Becky is immediately drooling over! As I watch her go MORE THAN a little nuts, I notice the other guards just check the room and go to wait outside.

"Have a seat all of you...please! I am off to get some tea for us all. Gunny please help me and we can chat it up while doing it?" Gunny yields to her pleas in defeat and walks off to the back with her.

I sit down in a nice chair, as I watch Becky look at every dress like an insane person. After a few minutes a frazzled Gunny comes back in carrying a tray of glasses and a large pot.

"Well you need new uniforms for Whateley?" Cecilia asks me.

"Yes? I guess I do? I just learned, I am going there today?" I tell her as I take a cup of this 'tea'?

"Well then lets get started shall we?" and she takes my hand and leads me to a chamber "now get in and strip fully, so I can get your measurements and do you shift forms at all?"

"Yes I do. I have wings and I grow in height, but that form does not need clothes. As I have Armor for it."

"Humm I have to see this 'armor' of yours!" she asks me.

"I can show you now? If you want?" I say as I get near the large tube like machine.

"Kyley? that might not be a good Idea till Gunny leaves the room?" Becky tells me.

"Why? I don't care?" I say.

Gunny squeaks up "But I do and if my wife finds out I was ogling a young girl that looked like you! She would kill me!"

"Gunny its fine. Stay if you want to...it does not bother me"

"Ahh nope. I will wait outside" he says while walking to the door.

As Gunny closes the door "You want to see that armor now or after the measurements?" I ask.

"Now is fine?"

I start shifting my form and my clothes vanish, as my armor flows off my bracelet. Within a few seconds Cecilia is looking up at my face.

"Ohh my...you are a big one. But that armor...its so...black?" she leans over to me and touches it "and cold. Is it cold for you?"

"No its warm inside it. Also...this here, is my normal form. The smaller one is...to 'blend in?' I think it said?"

"ITS!" Becky barks, then giggles at me.

"Well then Kyley. Please go back to 'normal?' and get in the booth for me?"

I shrink down and stay nude and start into the booth.

"Humm with that nice body? I have to work at showing it off! Do you want only uniforms or?" she grins at me "maybe more!"

"I don't know? I have nice clothes and I really only need the uniforms?"

Becky beams at me "Might as well get something...while I have Mr. twain's credit card!" she sings out while waving it.

"Ohh goody! charging mass amounts of clothes to Lee...to much fun!" Cecilia says rather loud.

"What ever she says Cecilia, I find its easier not to argue with her?"

I step into the booth and it starts measuring me. After several minutes. I hear on a speaker, a mechanical voice "Please assume your other form now...this form was entered as 'wings'..."

I let the wings out and the measurements start again. Once it finishes the tube opens up and I see Cecilia waiting for me. She hands me a robe to wear. I put it on, to be nice.

"Well lets see what I can come up with!" with that said, I see a blank dummy form into a body exactly like mine! Then fabrics fly around the dummy and form up a very nice looking long blue dress, with a long slit side on one leg and it shows the belly via a small cut out "Well how's that"

Becky gushes out "Its perfect! It matches her eyes so well!....We'll take it!"

"Becky! when or WHERE! am I going to wear such a dress like that?"

"Ohhh you will wear it! I will find a place or two for you! Besides Whateley does have dances!"

"Whateley has some fine dances at it and they go to even more. I should know I teach the class!" Cecilia states to me. AND I feel doom! coming at me!

"Kyley! take that class!" Becky near orders me.

"No." I say simply.

"Why?" asks Cecilia.

"I want to choose my classes...that's why!"

Becky sneers at me "Hey, I was making a suggestion?"

"No you where not. We will talk later on this" I say calmly.

"Hey you two? No fighting in my shop."

"I am fine." I say "So what's next for clothes then?"

"Oky-doky Lets try this one!" Cecilia sings out.

I watch the dummy lose its clothing, to mechanical arms that take it a way and box it up. Then fabric flows over to the dummy again and forms up a rather nice professional pants suite. That is in a good blue color that matches the theme Cecilia has set so far.

"So how's that?"

"I like that...I like it allot!" I say, as I look it over as it spins about.

"We will take that one Cecilia" Becky says out, before I have a chance to.

"Please make one more, just like it in a shade or two darker?" I ask.

I watch as the set of garments is taken off to be boxed and the fabric flows to form the same outfit in a darker color and its even nicer!

"Done, I will take that one too!"

"Now Kyley, step up onto the platform for me?" Cecilia asks while the clothes are taken away, then the body form goes into the floor.

I walk over to it and step up and then get centered. "Like this?" I ask.

"Your just fine, now just toss off that robe for me?"

I do and then the fabric flows over me and finally molds its way into a Whateley girls uniform with jacket. I look down at the shirt length and find it fine for me.

"I can get used to this, But I still like pants thou?"

"I can do that for you and I will. But! first Kyley put your wings out for me?"

"But, they will shred this top!"

"No they won't...trust me?" she says to me.

I do as she says, I let my wings out expecting the clothes to shred and after both wings are out? I feel the clothes are not in tatters. I spin about trying to see what happened!

"Nice!...How did that happen?" I ask.

"That top and jacket are a new devisor cloth, that senses when your wings are coming out and when it does. It splits away and folds away from your back."

"I like this! Lets do most of what I have in uniforms like this and a few other shirts?" I ask.

"I can do that. But its not cheap? Lee might get mad?....But who cares!" Cecilia jests.

I laugh out "After what I did for him so far? If he complains I will 'charm' him!"

"Becky can you come here for me?" I watch, Becky as she does as I asked her.

"What do you need?"

"Can you just look at the back of this while, I shift my wings in and out?"

"Okay?"

I shift my wings and watch my own back via Becky's eyes and I now can see what is going on. 'nice' I think 'human tech is almost better than magic!'

I put the wings back in and turn to Becky I watch as she blinks a little "You do know when you do that, I can see what your looking at? and I get a little dizzy?"

"Really? I never thought of that. I will tone it down next time for your comfort?"

I watch as Becky gets reseated and then whispers something to Cecilia. Then the bots start helping me take off my clothes and they get all boxed up. I am about to get off the platform when, Cecilia clears her throat "Hemm Not yet. We are not done!"

The next thing I know, fabric is flowing around me and I feel a cinching on my middle as it covers me. The flow goes up and down my legs and near covers all of me. When all the motion is done I find I am now wearing....a blue corset, with some kind of garter a stocking set to match. I look in the mirror and it does look rather sexy! on me.

"So why this?" I ask a little pleased. Then I feel Becky's hidden lust comes at me with her leers!

"Dealers choice! honey, she has the 'card' and you don't! So she gets to choose something 'nice' for you!"

"Okay...I give. I do like this? But I can't wear it all the time?....Then add, I already have Kora's outfit too?'

Becky coos out "You can wear it at home? When your with me?" her desire hits me again. I smile back and nod to her.

"That I can do! So what's next? I ask.

Cecilia starts to say "Done" .....But Becky interrupts her.

"She still needs good underwear...as we have only got her just enough and its the cheaper stuff!"

I now watch as that outfit is taken away and new fabric flows again. This time its soft just like that last batch. But this only covers my butt and breasts. I stand there wearing a nice, black bra and panties. The fit is perfect! Dead on!

"Okay I can see why you said the other underwear was cheap and not so good. I like this far better!" I say more than happy at its feeling on me.

"Glad you like it." Cecilia says, then turns to Becky "So add a weeks worth of this in various colors?"

"No....do three, so she is really set...correctly."

"Okay!...I might close early today!" she jokes.

I watch as all that flows away. Then the dummy and two more come up from the floor next to me. "Kyley we are done now. You can get dressed. via how ever you do what you did?"

I step down, think about my clothes and they reappear on me. As I sit I watch as cloth is flowing on one dummy to make uniforms and the other two are underwear and regular blouses or t-shirts of various nice designs or colors.

"Well ladies unless you want more? I am done and will have the whole order for you when you get to Whateley. AND remember my garments are guaranteed! So if you rip one, just send it to me for repair!"

I speak up "One thing Cecelia?" I watch as her eyebrows perk at me. I want Becky to have one outfit...like that special one." I blush.

"Okay I can do that! So Becky STRIP! and get on the platform and lets get those measurements!" Cecilia orders her.

I watch Becky disrobe, very fast and get on top of the platform. I sit and leer at her just like she did me!

I watch the fabrics wrap around Becky and from this angle its amazing to watch it happen. I can see what look Cecilia is after already. She is doing a twin to my outfit in red for Becky.

After it fully forms, Becky starting twirling about showing it off. God the corset just hugs her body 'just' right! I sit there near thinking of 'jumping' her right in front of Cecilia. "Lady you sure do good work! I love it!" I say to Cecilia

"Yes I do!" she boasts.

Becky moves her hands up and down the soft fabric. Then breaths out in little short breaths "Kyley? this did not seem as tight on you? This corset seems to be making me breath funny? Why did you not complain about it?"

"I don't breath" I say out, then I start rolling with laughter! "But!" I gasp out "I can help you out, by untying you from that and having fun!" I wink at her.

"Maybe later?" she says and I feel that 'playfulness' come off her.

"Well I guess that means its sold then?" Cecilia asks me.

"Yessss" I let out in a husky voice.

Cecilia waves her arm and the bots start taking the outfit off Becky and boxing it up for us. I watch as Becky gets her clothes back on, all the while thinking about how soon are we going to have fun. As Becky pull up her stockings I see that knowing glance come from her. 'she is feeling what I am right now' I think out.

~"Yes I am"~ I suddenly hear in my head and it startles me!

~"You can talk to me? I thought the link would take at least a month to form up this well?"~ I ask her in thought.

~"Well it did not? I have to push hard to talk to you. But it works!"~ I hear as her body smiles at me. I smile back

Cecilia Gives our boxes to the guards to load into the van and I shake her hand. "Thanks for this. you helped out allot today."

"Your welcome, and do come back?" She asks me, as I nod to her and climb in the waiting van.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday August 11 2007 4:20 pm
Airstrip
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

I walk down the staircase of the jet...calm as can be, with Becky falling in right behind me.

"Kyley! what happened this time? You where so...calm on the fight? Last time, you near tore my hand off and ripped off the chair's arm rest in fright?"

"You know when Gunny was in my room this afternoon...before we left for the airport?"

She nods to me "Yes?"

"He reminded my that a plane, is as flimsily as a soda can and that if I want out? I can tear myself out of one, in no time at all!" I smile.

I climb into the large executive van and plop in one of the nice seats. I lean back and think over the last few days, I got into Whateley. But, in my opinion that was a given? They need or want me for what I don't know? Then me and Becky made a full bond! and last night we opened the boxes with those nice outfits in them. Then over the next two hours....we playfully put them on, then over the rest of the night, they came of rather slowly during our 'fun'! I smile at that last part and I see Becky's head pop up from her not talking, as she worked on my papers to smile back at me.

She whispers at me "I felt that!"

I nod "Good! I intended you to!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This is my newest story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

But remember all. I am not leaving Shadowsblade behind! I will start writing her soon!

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and the
out.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmmm

I wonder if Vantier is going to be able to find Sara? It's also leads me to wonder if Kyley and Rohanna will be meeting up at Whateley, that would be an interesting meeting as they could talk, complain, and help each other be better students. And all the while they could talk in Drow and drive the staff up a tree! Kudos!

so she's going to Whately

wonder if she might meet another winged girl ...

DogSig.png

A Haevester ....

Sammi's picture

....at Whateley, with Kyley being so spooked they cannot be a good thing.
The question is does the 'Harvester' know what it is or like most there at Whateley just beginning to deal with the changes?.

Rohanna might become an ally as both care for a certain missing lust deamon, then there is both speak Drow.

Interesting that the MCO guy would mention Drow twins (will they be attending the Academy? are they true Drow?), and also Rohanna might find this information intriguing on many levels.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

Another excellent student for

Another excellent student for Whateley because of our wonderful Miss Barron. Will she be meeting our famous real DROW, as I don't believe the Drow twins mentioned by the MCO guy are truly real Dark Elves.
What a very neat machine that Cecelia has for making clothing. Would truly love to have one, and it would indeed be a real blessing to the fashion industry.

nice

a interesting chapter indeed. going to be interesting and I think that Kyley may be roomed with Ro to aid her PTSD with the empathy glamour she puts out, Although I think some of the timing is a little out with Kyley Sara disappeared a month or more ago.
and with Ro they were just on the shopping trip to Boston, so I get the feeling this timeline happens a while after Ro is there. But it is confusing as Nikki / Aung is there at the start of Ro's time at Whatley?

Matt

Check the dates in Rohanna's story

Gr8tS4g3's picture

I believe that Rohanna's story takes place in February of 2007 according to the most recent chapter ( Shopping trip of Hell). I think that Kyley needs to meet Rohanna as a matter of urgency before Psycho Drow kills everything.

The Nature of Monkey is Irrepressible!

the timelines match

shadowsblade's picture

its just that the rohanna story is about 6 months in front of the kyley one

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Very nice

I like happy, playful characters. Thank you.

Gwen

I'm thinking

I am enjoying the stories of both Kyley and Rohanna, and I am hoping they get together at some point. They both use/display many of the same combat attributes like the way they manifest armor and weapons as needed, their use of magic, and of course their combat skills. Kyley’s control should be good counter point for Rohanna’s PTSD and because I think they share similar backgrounds Ro could have someone that understands some of the trauma she has been exposed to, and they can discuss it in the Drow language.

Could the Drow twins the MCO talks about are Jobe and his twin?

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

twins

shadowsblade's picture

"Could the Drow twins the MCO talks about are Jobe and his twin?"

I am not talking----nope nope nope

and for note

Ro and kyley fight a bit different

Ro fights fast and smooth like an assassin does
kyley is like a hammer and A BIG one

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Finding Sara.

I smell something cooking here.. if Vantier get involved in finding Sara, how will it happen without interfering with other related story? Ofcourse my question here stand, only if that happen anyway. lol.
Unless you all writers has been meeting up secretly and plot something together to surprise us all. hehe :)

Spider web directions

Jamie Lee's picture

I did another "awww shucks" when I reached the end of this chapter, it's such an interesting story.

Kyley now coming to Whateley opens many possible directions this story can go. She shocked Mrs. Carson by telling her about the wand in the box, the reason she could see the wand. As some have asked, is it her fate to use this ability to see things from another dimension view point to help discover Sara in the old storeroom? Only the Shadow knows.

Because Kyley is unusually calm, most of the time, can she help calm the Drow and Sara, when she is finally found?

And how will Becky react when Gwen and the others put the "move" on Kyley? How will Kyley react? And will they garnish Kyle's ire if she says no and they persist?

And as Kyley wonders, what does Mrs. Carson have up her sleeve--besides her arm?

And, and, will it be long before the next chapter is posted?

Others have feelings too.