No Son of Mine is Going Out Dressed Like That!

Printer-friendly version

Just for once I had managed to get away from the steel mill at 4. It was Friday after all. Coming home tired after a very bad day and opening the door I surprised my 16 year old son getting ready to go out. I was appalled! He was wearing a calf-length dress, pumps with a 2 inch heel, a necklace and ear-rings that had belonged to my departed and sorely missed wife, red lipstick and a little rouge. Where did I go wrong? I had tried to be a good parent but it hadn’t been easy since my wife passed away four years ago.

”Where do you think you are going to go dressed like that?”

”Eh, to see a movie”

”Alone?”

”No”

”Stop stalling. With whom?

In a very small voice ”George”

”So you are going on a date with a boy?”

”Not really, we’re just going to see a movie and then have some pizza”

”Is he paying”

Once more in a very small voice ”Yes”

”Then it’s a date” I was furious. How could he event think about sneaking behind my back like that!

”Go upstairs and change immediately. George is a nice boy he deserves better from you. You know you got awsome legs. Show them off! Get that little short red dress you bought last week, put on some thin black pantyhose and for god’s sake wear your four inch sandals. And why haven’t you used the make-up I got you for your birthday. Your eyes are lovely and with the right make-up he’ll drown in them. It’s evening, artificial lights, remember! Oh, don’t forget to wear the black lace set of underwear I gave you for Christmas.”

”Dad! I can’t wear that! No way I’m going to get undressed! I’m not THAT kind of boy!”

”Of course George won’t see your underwear. I know you wouldn’t do anything like that but YOU will feel it. It’s your first date after all! I only wish you had told me so we could have prepared you properly with a visit to the Salon, perhaps getting …”

”DAD! This is why I didn’t tell you.”

”Oh, sorry Andie I just want you to be happy."

”I know dad but relax. You try to hard."

”Sorry Andie. I still insist to meet George before you leave.”

”Well, since changing will take some time he might just as well come in. I’ll call him.”

----

Before they leave I tell them that Andie has to be back before 1 o’clock.

”1 o’clock? My curfew is at 11.”

”Not tonight. No school tomorrow and it’s your first date. Enjoy yourselves!”

up
367 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wonderful story!

In four lines you had me laughing and reminding myself not to judge a story by its title.

I hope there is more to come.

Notice...

Daphne Xu's picture

If you'd noticed who posted it, you wouldn't be surprised in the least.

I've seen that kind of twist before, in a couple contexts. Well, "The Addams Family" movies were that twist incarnate. One example: one of the kids is going around waving a knife. His mom firmly takes the knife from him and hands him a much bigger dagger.

I agree, it had a certain humor, and definitely was a nice quicky.

The biggest twist of Bru's that I've seen, I think, was his nasty story of the bully getting his retribution after returning from summer camp. Perhaps that was a meta-twist.

-- Daphne Xu

If George is gonna meet you

If George is gonna meet you pa, you'd bettet get changed too.
Pop on those nice capris and scoop neck top. Much better than that old denim skirt and cami..

Give him a break

He just got home from work!

No Son of Mine....

Where does one find a dad like that? Nice story.

GinNC

Awwww! :)

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

That's a nice Daddy!

And a misleading title.
;))

>i< ..:::

No.

Daphne Xu's picture

Not in the least misleading, juxtaposed with the author.

-- Daphne Xu

Not what I expected with that

Not what I expected with that title !! Very nice. 8-)

Karen

D'AAAAAAW <3

licorice's picture

D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW <3

What a nice switch this story

What a nice switch this story was. A Dad who knows, understands, and even wants to help his "daughter"/son be the best s/he can be; especially for her first date.

genius!

Sneaky little angel, this is pure reverse psychology at work! She gets to dress more sexy than expected and gets a later curfew but the luster will wear off fast. She will dress a little conservatively but still sexy and will return earlier than curfew but still have a great night! Utterly Brilliant!

Bru you really know how to turn things around on us but I think you played the ultimate prank in understanding- an understanding dad that's one who knows how to work the system to his advantage!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

(Blushing) Aw, thanks

efindumb I really appreciate this even though I think you credit me with too much.

Bru

Given the Byline...

...I was pretty sure what kind of story this would be, though I'll admit I wasn't expecting Dad to insist on something sexier.

Eric

Glad

I didn't disappoint you.

Bru

brilliant

the complete opposite to my own experiences! if only, giggle

A bit of a shock

Renee_Heart2's picture

But I'm glad accepts his son for what he is. A girl letting her self out. I like this a bit short but good.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Proper perspective

Jamie Lee's picture

Only after reading this neat little story is the title seen in the proper perspective.

Angry because he/she wasn't dressed well enough, and not for how he was dressed.

Others have feelings too.

No son of mine

Sexyamytg's picture

I wish I'd had a daddy like Andie's!

Cute switcheroo

Iolanthe Portmanteaux's picture

[sings]: It can happen to you...

It would be nice if it could!

Very cute story.

- io

Tee hee hee!

Then again, I really should have expected that kind of bait-and-switch from you! :D


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Pleased to see that you are finding my stories

Reading all those back-logged stories on this site must be a tough job.
Or, to paraphrase a t-shirt I have: So many stories, so little time.

So Much...

Daphne Xu's picture

"So many stories, so little time." Oh, how true! But there's also this:

So much physics, so little time.
So much procrastination, so little time.

-- Daphne Xu

Reminded

Daphne Xu's picture

This time, upon rereading, I was reminded of a tetrilogy, with a scene in which something like this was played seriously. The misnamed "Balefire" tetrilogy. The actress in this scene wasn't the Dad, but a hottie high-school senior, with her newly discovered identical twin having just moved in. She puts her foot down and says "No" to her twin dressing in a knee-length skirt with the rest of her outfit comparably bland for an evening with a new male friend. She refused to be seen going around town like that -- not on a date with guy.

-- Daphne Xu

Not Amy Amstel

Daphne Xu's picture

For Clio, the right image was definitely not Amy Amstel. Perhaps more of Cher in "Clueless". Thais, the new arrival, was more of a goody-goody-two-shoes, but neither were archetypes or stereotypes. After Thais unpacks and fills her clothes closet, Clio comments that they both have doubled their wardrobes. Then she looks in at Thais's clothes, and quietly closes the closet door. "We have to get you clothes I'll want to borrow." Thais sees Clio's wardrobe, and definitely appreciates it -- she borrows a nice top for school that day.

-- Daphne Xu

Firm Discipline

Daphne Xu's picture

"No Child of Mine" reminded me of comments I made about firm discipline at least once, maybe several times. I wasn't too surprised to find one in another story of yours: "Getting Lost in the Girly-Girly Swamp". "Firm parents requiring their teenage girls to wear skimpy bikinis, or requiring high heels and painted toenails. In ballet, firm discipline requires girls to spread their legs wide. `Drink your beer, young man. All of it. Now!' "

https://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/comment/582970#comment-582970

Then there's this exchange between Stuart/Amy and Mum in Genni Smith's "The Jade Box":

" 'Do you remember that catholic girl's school I mentioned to Jade on
the day of your accident?'

" 'All right. You drive a hard bargain. But I am not going to wear
high heels.'

" 'Yes you are,' Susan chuckled as she walked off down the hall."

Come to think of it, the mandatory girl's warm-weather school uniform was so short that flashing avoidance required tender loving care.

-- Daphne Xu