Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 207

Printer-friendly version

This was a little worrying. I ran upstairs calling Stella and Tom, but there was no response. I looked in the bedrooms, they weren't there either. Thinking, 'disappeared' = mafia, I rushed downstairs like a whirlwind, nearly falling in the process. Then outside, Tom's Landrover was still there. So where were they?

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Angharad,
part 207.

I opened the door very quietly and slipped inside the house. It sounded very quiet, what a dumb thing to say? How can something sound very quiet? But it did. I tip-toed into the lounge and dining rooms, there was no one about. I looked in the kitchen, no one there either.

This was a little worrying. I ran upstairs calling Stella and Tom, but there was no response. I looked in the bedrooms, they weren't there either. Thinking, 'disappeared' = mafia, I rushed downstairs like a whirlwind, nearly falling in the process. Then outside, Tom's Landrover was still there. So where were they?

I called, I went out to the garden and called and still no reply. What do I do? Make a cuppa. Whenever in doubt have a cup of tea!
I turned on the kettle, but then it had a very low threshold and was easily pleased. Two or three minutes later I made the tea and it was only when I went to get some milk from the fridge, I saw the note.

'Out with Tom & Kiki, will deal with you later!
Stella the Impaler!'

Not the kind of note to instill calm. I sat and drank my tea wondering what sort of revenge she would take. Maybe just sitting here worrying was enough.

I wasted the whole morning, well not quite. The fountain pen I'd ordered for Simon arrived and so did Tom's wine. In between receiving deliveries, I know I sound like a cricketer, I vacuumed the house from top to bottom and then set about making a beef casserole for dinner.

One o clock came, and went. I made myself a sandwich and checked on the casserole. I did the vegetables, well potatoes, the rest were either going to have to be frozen ones or I'd have to go shopping. I waited until two and then went out to the supermarket.

It was getting dark around half three, when I got back with kilos of fresh veg and few more bits of food. They still weren't back. I made some more tea and then I put on the breadmaker for tomorrow.

They finally arrived at nearly five o clock, covered in splashes of mud and that dumb dog walked dirty foot prints all over my clean kitchen floor. Kiki had rolled in something horrendous again, sheep poo or somesuch mess, so Tom dragged her out to wash in the yard while I made him some coffee and Stella opted for a cup of tea.

"What did you have for lunch?"

"Chicken tikka,"

There's a surprise! Now let me guess did Tom have the same? I asked and he did. Cor, was I becoming psychic?

"Sorry about the shopping, I had to see Ann Thomas."

"It's okay, I've had a brilliant day walking with Tom and Kiki."

"We could go tomorrow," I suggested.

"Nah, got things to do."

"Oh, Okay I'll go on my own."

"Why what have you got to buy?"

"Christmas presents, some stuff I'll need for hospital, new nighties and so on."

"Oh, I might see if I can change my arrangements."

"Don't on my account," I said almost in a confrontational way and then modified it with, "but if you do, I'll be glad to have you along."

"You can buy lunch then."

"Okay, I'll buy lunch."

"What's for dinner?"

"Beef stew with dumplings."

"You've done dumplings?" She squealed her eyes brightening up.

"Yes, why?"

"I looooooooove dumplings."

"Oh good." Personally I didn't like them, but I though others might and as I wasn't sure if Simon would be back for a meal tonight, I wanted to make enough, just in case.

I picked up my phone and sent him a text?

'R U home 2nite?
lol C.xxx'

About ten minutes later came,

'no, wot is I missn?
Si. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

'bf stew & dumplns
luv C. xxxx'

'damn! CU 2moro nite.
luv Si. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps. save me sum.
pps, watch out 4 Stella & feeding frenzy.'

I showed it to her and she laughed.

Tom had drunk his coffee and had the dog out on the line or in the microwave to dry her coat. I suggested skinning her and doing it in the washing machine. She simply came running over to me and plonked wet footprints all over my clean jeans. Bloody dogs! I wonder if you can tumble dry spaniels?

Not much else happened that night, I did the veg and finished the dinner, saving Simon a portion before I dished up the rest. I also took out the loaf and started a new bake, a cake this time. Can you believe we also had bread with the stew? Actually it was quite good, although I suspect I may have been a trifle heavy with the garlic, in the stew, not the loaf.

I showed Tom and Stella the pen I'd got for Simon. She nearly fell over. "That is the same model in the same colours I bought for him, years ago."

"It's a Parker 51."

"Nice pen," said Tom, " I have one in my study somewhere."

"I'm told it's the classic Parker."

"I should say." Tom went off to look for his.

"As soon as you give it to him, can I kill him for losing mine?"

"Let him give you your prezzie first."

"Good thinking Batman."

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good job

she's got Stella's prezzie already secreted away -- that's likely what "the Impaler" wants to tag along for! :P

Stella: The Dumpling Monster

I am glad that Stella was not really mad at Cathy. Although, you CAN impale a person upon a pen. But they got the gender WRONG!! BOTH Stella and Cathy are WOMEN!! O.K. technically, Cathy is STILL Charlie, BUT she is living as Cathy.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Do I smell…

…another romance in the air? Stella and Tom? (not to mention the idiot Kiki!)

I'm surprised that Bonzi lets you write a dog into the story, Angharad; I'd have thought he'd have insisted on your including a cat.

Hilary

And here folks were...

... Putting Tom & Pippa toghether a while back.

A nice fun story, though that Spaniel got better than she diserved!

Annette

I like dogs

While Cathy's idea was funny, its definitely not an option. That dog needs some training!

I was thinking the same thing

Hmm..... Stella and Tom? Why not. Also funny that Tom's place has become home for Cathy, Stella and Simon.

Missed a punny

Back at the start. Wonder if Simon is going to be jealous of an easily pleased kettle now. And I would love to see a spaniel in a tumble cycle. That would be as cute as a cat in a micro.......ouch. Sorry kitty.

I wondered that too

Cathy can certainly raise the temperature of that one!

NB

Tell Cathy...

Tell Cathy the next time you see her that she needs to learn to eat better. She can not get a complete nutrition from eating tuna and salads all the time. She especially needs to eat better with her upcoming surgery.

Dogs are nice to have around

Cats move too fast to kick. But I can drop-kick a cocker spaniel at least 15 feet.

KJT

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Janis Joplin


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

LOL

That's all they are good for ;).

Cockerspaniels are definitely not one of my favorite breeds of dogs.

They are not known as being the brightest breed either.

Kim

I doubt that

you'd be able to drop kick a couple of my cocker spaniels. The oldest one weighs in at a whopping 38 lbs! I can barely get her off the ground, let alone flying 15 feet :)

Never let it be said that I don't enjoy the occasional delusion of grandeur

Never let it be said that I don't enjoy the occasional delusion of grandeur

fun as ever

kristina l s's picture

But hey.. I couldn't let a line like this... 'I turned on the kettle, but then it had a very low threshold and was easily pleased...' go without comment. Nice one in a wry understated way.

Kristina

I love how you go from the drama

to just normal life.Stella and tom, I thought he was clean but smelled like a stale old man ew and double ew.But I can see how as since her abortion her other love interest is over since the A never came to see her in the hospital.As for dogs my puppy mutley has been growing more than implied by the previous owner.He likes digging holes and rough housing my older dog causing some damage around the house.Then the other night he managed to pull a water spicket of outdoors causing a big puddle.If that's not bad enough I have to haul in my water because I live in the desert and water lines haven't been ran yet.I can haul water for the rest of my life for the twenty grand a well would cost.So other than ocasionally considering mailing him off to a hungry chinese family I really do love him.May your pen never run out of ink and your thought's always contain storys.Amy

I don't see

I don't see Stella falling for Tom. I have to admit since he went from the prof to Tom I have a little trouble keeping up sometimes. He strikes me as a really good friend, but then I've been wrong many times.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Sooo, what's up with Tom and Stella ? 6hr dog walk ?
Cathy gets closer and closer to V-day

Cefin