My Fathers Secret Part 17

Printer-friendly version


© May2016


Chapter Thirty Two: Dawn’s first date.

    Dawn Made her way over to reception where she could see Doug and Peter talking to each other, but they both stopped when they saw Dawn approaching. Dawn was still worried about the two men knowing about her past.

    “Is everything alright Dawn?” Peter asked when Dawn reached the two of them.

     “I’m still a little shaken up, but I’ll be alright once I get back to work.” Dawn said as she forced a smile. “Thank you for covering for me, and stopping Joanne from attacking me.” Dawn added. She had just picked up some papers and had to put them down again when she realised her hands were shaking.

     “Your past is safe with us Dawn.” Doug said with a promise in his voice as he placed a hand on Dawn’s when he saw her shaking.

     “Thank you for that.” Dawn sounded grateful.

     “I hope you don’t think me to forward Dawn.” Peter said sounding nervous as he swallowed a gulp of air. “But I was wondering if you wanted to go out and grab a drink and a spot of dinner at some point?”

    Dawn looked shocked at the request for a couple of seconds before she found her voice. “Thank you for the offer Peter, but I don’t feel that I am ready to start dating yet, and I would hate to give Joanne and her father any more ammo to use against me.” She was also worried about painting a target on Peter’s back and getting him dragged into her problems.

     “No strings attached Dawn; I just want to take a pretty woman out to dinner.” Peter pushed.

     “I’m still not sure that I’m ready for going out on dinner dates just yet.” Dawn said with a pained look.

     “I think you should give it a go Dawn.” Jessica said as she arrived at the reception desk. “Why not make it a double date?” Jessica added when she saw that Dawn was still about to say no. “My girlfriend and I could join you.”

     “I’m sure that Peter doesn’t want to spend a night with three women.” Dawn tried to argue.

     “I don’t mind if it means I get to spend the evening with you Dawn.” Peter smiled.

     “It’s a date then...!” Jessica grinned. “How does Sunday sound?” Jessica asked.

     “Sounds fine to me.” Peter smiled even more as he looked at Dawn to make sure she was alright with going out on Sunday.

     “Okay, Sunday it is then.” Dawn finally said when she couldn’t think of any way to get out of it, but she did give Jessica a look that said she would be having words with her later. Dawn was soon sorting out some clients and Jessica could see that she was coping alright, so she made her way back to her own little office space to carry on with her reports.

*****

     “What’s got you grinning like a Cheshire cat?” Debbie asked when she stepped out of her office to hand Jessica some papers she needed adding to the files Joan had given her earlier in the day.

     “I’ve just set Dawn up on a double date with me and Kirstin.” Jessica said with pride in her voice.

     “Who have you set her up with?” Debbie asked with shock in her voice.

     “Peter said he was interested in taking her out, and he asked her when she returned to reception, but she was trying to brush him off until I said we could double date, and this will give Kirstin a chance to meet Dawn as well.” Jessica explained her little plan.

    Aren’t you worried about Peter finding out about you being like Dawn?” Debbie asked with worry in her voice.

    Jessica went to say something, but stopped when it dawned on her what Debbie had just said, and how there was a good chance that Peter would find out the truth about her. “I hadn’t thought of that.” Jessica admitted with a nervous laugh. Do you think I should call it off?”

    It’s a little too late for that now, and Peter would still expect to take Dawn out, even if you said you couldn’t make it.” Debbie said with a thoughtful look on her face.

     “You and Paul could come along.” Jessica said excitedly. “That way you could help me steer the conversation away from anything to do with my past.”

     “There is one little fault in that idea Jess.” Debbie said in a tone that let Jessica know it was a large fault. “Our babysitters won’t be available.” Debbie smiled a smug smile.

     “Crap...” Jessica said when she realised Debbie had a valid point. “We could get Joan to look after them for you.” Jessica suggested.

     “I think Joan might object to trying to look after two babies on her own.” Debbie frowned. “I think you will just have to pray he doesn’t find out.” Debbie said with a sigh. “The other thing you should have thought of, is whether or not Dawn is looking to start dating guys.” Debbie pointed out.

     “What do you mean?” Jessica asked with a puzzled look.

     “Well, do you think you will want to start dating men once you’ve had the final operation to make you a woman?” Debbie asked.

     “No... I love Kirstin, and nothing is going to change that.” Jessica shot out with fear written all over her face.

     “So how do you know that Dawn doesn’t feel the same way?” Debbie asked. “She may only like women still, just like you.”

     “She’s never said she still likes women.” Jessica said.

     “Did she tell you that she liked men now?” Debbie asked.

     “No, but...” Jessica trailed off because she didn’t have an answer for her. “She’s never said anything to me about her dating habits, other than to say she hadn’t thought about dating.” Jessica mumbled.

     “I’m sure it will all be alright in the end, and Peter is a nice guy. I can’t see you having much trouble with him, even if he did find out. He is going on a date with Dawn after all, so he must be alright with Tran’s people like you and Dawn.” Debbie said as she patted Jessica on the shoulder just before she wandered back into her office.

    Jessica let out a sigh and then carried on typing up the reports and worrying about the double date she’d set herself up for on Sunday.

*****

    Jessica was just making a pot of coffee for herself, Joan and Debbie when she saw Dawn poke her head around the kitchen door.

     “Hi Dawn.” Jessica said with a nervous smile. Jessica was waiting for Dawn to blow her top with her.

     “Hi Jess.” Dawn smiled back.

    Jessica was a little shocked that Dawn seemed alright with her. “Are we still good...?” Jessica asked.

     “I am a little mad with you over the date thing, but I know you are just trying to be a good friend.” Dawn said as she stepped into the kitchen. “That’s the reason I came to see you.” Dawn added.

     “I’ll understand if you want to cancel.” Jessica said hopefully. “I should learn to keep my nose out of things.” She added with a little laugh.

     “I think you did the right thing, and I do think Peter is kind of cute, but I’m just worried about my ex screwing things up.” Dawn sounded nervous now. “I was wondering if you would be alright if Doug and his boyfriend came along to make it a three girl, three boy date.” Dawn asked.

     “I think that would be a wonderful idea.” Jessica grinned.

     “I thought it might help Peter stop asking to many questions about you as well.” Dawn said looking a little to smug.

    Jessica’s mouth fell open when she realised that Dawn had already thought of the same thing Debbie had. “I must be the dumbest person in the room.” Jessica admitted.

     “What makes you say that?” Dawn asked looking confused.

     “Debbie pointed out the same thing you just did, and I never gave it a thought.” Jessica frowned.

     “I think you were just a little too interested in helping out a friend, so don’t worry about it because I’ve got your back girlfriend.” Dawn grinned as she pulled Jessica into a hug. “And thanks for caring so much.” Dawn added as they hugged each other.

     “I’m sorry for forcing you to go out on a date, but I thought it would help you get on with your life, and it sounds like you could do with a good night out.” Jessica said once they broke the hug.

     “True, but I’d have been just as happy having a girl’s night out.” Dawn smiled.

     “We can still do that some other time, and as for your ex causing trouble, I can’t see as she can do much because Peter already knows about your past, and she can’t cause trouble for him here at work.” Jessica shrugged as she finished off placing the cups and other items on a tray ready to take them into Joan’s office where Joan and Debbie were waiting for her to join them.

     “You do have a good point there.” Dawn smiled as she realised that there was very little Joanne could do to her.

     “Do you want to join us for a cup of coffee?” Jessica asked as she picked up the tray.

     “I better not; I’ve taken up enough of Joan and Debbie’s time today.” Dawn said as she walked to Joan’s office door and then opened it for Jessica to enter.

     “Hello mother, I hope you don’t mind, but I asked Dawn to join us for a cup of coffee.” Jessica said as she entered the room, taking no notice of what Dawn had just said.

     “I was just going to head back to reception.” Dawn said, thinking that Joan might get upset with her if she spent anymore time away from her post.

     “I’m sure Peter and Doug will man the fort while you have a cup of coffee.” Joan said as she waved off Dawn’s worries. “I hear that Jessica’s been playing cupid.” Joan added with a grin.

     “Yes she has, but I am looking forward to meeting Kirstin though.” Dawn smiled as she took a seat on one of the sofas Joan had in the corner of her office.

     “Dawn managed to talk Doug into coming as well, so I’ll get to meet his boyfriend.” Jessica said as she sorted out their drinks and handed them out.

     “I thought it might look better if there were three boys and three girls.” Dawn said to Joan’s raised eyebrow.

     “And you’re alright with going out on a date with a man?” Joan asked as she looked at Dawn.

     “I know that I will have to start dating at some point in the future, and I do like Peter.” Dawn blushed. “He’s been really nice to me since I started on Monday, and he doesn’t seem bothered now he knows the truth about me.”

     “Peter is a very kind man, and I know that you can trust him to be the perfect gentleman.” Joan said to reassure Dawn she wasn’t going to be disappointed on her first date as a woman.

     “Have you always liked men Dawn?” Debbie asked.

     “Not really, but I never really felt right dating women either, but since I started on hormones and I had the surgery, I’ve started to notice them in a new light.” Dawn admitted.

     “Do you think the hormones made you start liking men?” Jessica asked with worry on her face.

     “Partly, but I think I always kind of swung that way, so I wouldn’t start worrying about you going the same way.” Dawn said when she realised what Jessica was thinking. “Chrissy, Amy and Cathy never started wanting to date men when they had the surgery.” Dawn added.

     “There is no way you could look at Kirstin like you do and then want to start dating guys.” Debbie said as she pulled a worried looking Jessica down on the sofa next to her and gave her a hug.

     “Never...!” Jessica said with a shudder as she thought about a man trying to kiss her.

     “That’s how I feel when I think about being with a woman.” Dawn said with a laugh.

     “Any woman or just Joanne?” Joan asked with a smirk.

     “Mainly Joanne, but I think she put me off wanting to be with any woman.” Dawn sighed. “When do you think you will start taking hormones then?” Dawn asked as she hoped to move the topic away from her new love life.

     “Soon I hope, but I’m still waiting to hear back from Prue, and I need to go and see one of the doctors on a list that Prue gave me.” Jessica explained.

     “Do you have the list with you?” Dawn asked.

     “Yes, it’s in my purse.” Jessica said.

     “If you grab it, I may be able to help you pick out a good one.” Dawn said trying to be helpful.

    Jessica jumped up and ran off to her desk and returned with a folded sheet of paper with a list of names and addresses on it that Prue had given her when she was having her tests done.

     “This is the doctor you need to go and see, she’s really understanding and has helped me no end.” Dawn said as she pointed to a name that was halfway down the page.

     “Is this the doctor you’re seeing now?” Jessica asked.

     “Yes, and she is a good friend of Prue’s so you will be in very safe hands.” Dawn promised.

     “Thanks, I’ll give her a call and get myself booked in for an appointment.” Jessica smiled.

     “Why don’t you go and do it now why it’s fresh in your mind sweetie?” Joan asked.

     “Okay...” Jessica said with a puzzled look, like she thought Joan was up to something. “Why are you suddenly so eager for me to go and see this doctor?” Jessica asked as she got to her feet.

     “Because Prue called me earlier and said she wanted you to call her back when you had the time.” Joan grinned.

     “Did she sound happy or sad when you spoke to her?” Jessica asked with worry written all over her face.

     “She sounded like Prue, but I don’t think it’s going to be bad news sweetie.” Joan said.

     “I think I’ll go and call Prue before I call the doctor then.” Jessica said as she turned and ran out the room.

     “I hope she’s not expecting to see any magic change after she takes her first pill.” Dawn said to the closing door Jessica had just gone through.

     “I’m sure she is, but I also know she will feel better once she’s moving forward with her transition.” Joan smiled.

     “She’s a good kid.” Dawn smiled just before she took a sip from her coffee cup. “And she’s lucky to be able to pass so easily as well.” Dawn added with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

     “She was on a path to self destruction as Jonathon; it was only finding out about her father, that she found her real self.” Joan said with a faraway look in her eyes as she thought about Donna, Jonathon’s father.

     “Jessica hasn’t told me much about her past, just that she wasn’t a nice person to know, and she lost Kirstin because she was too much of a tomboy.” Dawn grinned at Jessica’s little joke about herself.

     “Yes she did, but fate brought them back together, and now she’s living life to the full.” Joan grinned.

     “I hope she gets everything she wants out of life.” Dawn smiled.

*****

    Jessica went in her purse and pulled out the business card Prue gave her and she called her number.

     “Hello, you’ve reached Dr Prudence Walkers surgery, how may I help you?” A female voice asked on the other end of the line.

     “Hi, this is Jessica Phipps; I was left a message to give Dr Walker a call.” Jessica said nervously.

     “Hi Jessica...!” The voice said sounding happier now and friendlier. “It’s Kim.” She added.

     “Hi Kim, sorry, but you sound so different on the phone.” Jessica said when she realised who it was on the other end of the line.

     “That’s alright; I have to put on my posh voice when answering the phone.” Kim said with a laugh.

     “I was asked to give Prue a call; do you know anything about it?” Jessica asked.

     “Yes I do, but I’ll let Prue tell you, just hold the line while I pass you over to her.” Kim said just before music started playing.

    Jessica didn’t have to wait long before she heard Prue on the other end of the phone.

     “Jessica...?” Prue’s voice asked.

     “Yes? I’m here.” Jessica said as she gripped the phone tightly in her hands.

     “Hello dear, how are things going for you up there?” Prue asked in a motherly way which reminded Jessica of Joan and how she spoke to her most the time. “I hope you’re keeping out of trouble?”

     “Hello Prue.” Jessica replied. “Everything is going fine, but I hope they will be going even better soon.” Jessica added.

     “And why is that?” Prue asked.

     “I’m hoping that you are going to give me the go ahead to start taking female hormones.” Jessica said with a whine in her voice.

     “Is that what you thought I was calling you about?” Prue asked with a pout in her voice. “I might have been worried about you, and just wanted to chat.” Prue added.

     “So you haven’t had the test results back yet then?” Jessica sounded heartbroken now.

     “Yes I have.” Prue admitted. “And everything is fine, I just need to know which doctor you’ve decided to go and see. So I can send them the information for your prescription.” Prue added with a smile in her voice.

     “You can be so mean Prue...!” Jessica whined, but she was grinning as she said it.

     “So everyone keeps telling me.” Prue laughed. “So which doctor did you decide on in the end?”

     “I’m working with another woman like me called Dawn Fraser, and she told me to book in with a doctor called Shelley MacLennan.” Jessica said as she read the name off the sheet of paper Prue had given her.

     “Yes, I remember Dawn. How is she doing? I heard she was having some problems with the ex.” Prue asked with some anger in her voice.

     “She could be better.” Jessica started to explain. “Her ex showed up here at the office with her father trying to get Dawn fired, but just ended up getting her father arrested for a public order offence instead.”

     “Is Dawn alright now then?” Prue asked with worry in her voice.

     “Yes, she’s doing much better now she knows that she’s got good friends watching her back.” Jessica said with pride in her voice over just how amazing Joan had been.

     “That’s good to hear.” Prue sounded much happier knowing this. “God knows Dawn could use a little good luck and friends in her life right now.”

     “We can’t do anything about the luck, but she does have a good group of friends behind her, and she’s even agreed to go out on a date with a man.” Jessica fake whispered down the phone. “It will be a triple date with me and Kirstin, as well as another guy that works here in the office.”

     “Give Dawn a hug from me, and keep an eye on her.” Prue asked.

     “You don’t need to ask me to do that Prue.” Jessica said with a smile.

     “You’ve made a wise choice choosing Shelly.” Prue said approvingly as she tried to get back on track with sorting Jessica out. “Have you made an appointment with her yet?” Prue asked.

     “No, not yet, I wanted to speak with you first, but I will give her a call as soon as I get off the phone with you.” Jessica sounded excited.

     “I’ll email her all your details and tell her to be expecting your call then, and I will see you at the end of the month when you come down to see Sarah.” Prue said as she typed away on her computer.

     “Thanks for everything Prue, and I look forward to seeing you at the end of the month.”

     “Okay sweetie, be safe, and call if you have any problems.” Prue said just before she ended the call.

    Jessica took a couple of deep breaths as she looked at the sheet of paper, then she punched in the number for Dr Shelley MacLennan. It only rang a couple of times before Jessica heard a woman answer it.

     “You’ve reached Dr MacLennan’s surgery, Mandy speaking, how may I help you?” The woman asked in a happy sounding voice.

     “Hello, I want to make an appointment to see Dr Shelley MacLennan please.” Jessica asked.

     “May I ask what the name is please Miss?” Mandy asked.

     “My name is Jessica Phipps, but I’m not actually a patient with you yet.” Jessica explained.

     “That’s strange then, because I have a file showing on my computer with your name.” Mandy said sounding a little puzzled. “May I ask what your address is and date of birth? Just to make sure I’ve not got someone else with the same name.” Mandy asked.

    Jessica gave Mandy her date of birth and Joan’s address, just to make sure there wasn’t another Jessica Phipps living in the area.

     “I’ve been seeing a Dr Prudence Walker down in London, and she said she was going to email my file up to Dr Shelley MacLennan, I’m not sure if that might have something to do with it.” Jessica explained while she could here Mandy typing away on her computer.

     “Yes, that’s it, Dr Walker has emailed Dr MacLennan, and she’s already set up a file for you.” Mandy sounded relieved on realising this. “When would you like to come and see her?” Mandy asked. “I can get you in at nine am on Monday if that’s not too early for you?”

     “That will be fine.” Jessica said eager to get started on her course of hormones and blockers.

     “Do you know how to find us alright?” Mandy asked.

     “Yes, I have your address, as well as a friend that comes to your surgery.” Jessica grinned as she thought about asking Dawn how to find Dr MacLennan’s Surgery.

     “We’ll see you on Monday then.” Mandy said with a smile in her voice.

     “Yes, see you Monday, bye...” Jessica said before she put the phone down and then skipped back into Joan’s office where she’d left Joan, Debbie and Dawn drinking their Coffee.

     “Is everything alright dear?” Joan asked when she saw a happy looking Jessica skip into the office.

     “Yes, it’s wonderful...!” Jessica said as she almost floated across the room and fell onto the sofa next to Joan. “Prue’s said everything is fine, and I’ve booked myself in to see Dr MacLennan first thing on Monday Morning.” Jessica explained as she let Joan wrap an arm around her and pull her closer.

     “Does this mean you’ll be wanting some time off?” Joan asked with a shocked look on her face.

     “I can get the appointment moved to dinner time if that would be better for you mother?” Jessica with worry edging her voice.

     “I’m just teasing you sweetie.” Joan laughed. “I’ll be driving you there, so we will both be a little later into the office on Monday.

     “Thanks mum.” Jessica said as she wrapped her arms around Joan and hugged her while resting her head on Joan’s chest.

    Dawn wrote down instructions on how to find the place, and the best place to park, just before they all got back to work.

*****

    Jessica ran to the front door at home that evening when she heard the doorbell chime because she knew it was going to be Kirstin. Kirstin had done the early shift at the restaurant that day so she could spend the evening with Jessica.

     “Hi baby...!” Jessica shouted as she opened the door and saw a tired looking Kirstin stood there.

    Kirstin soon perked up on seeing Jessica, and they were soon hugging each other while stood in the doorway as they kissed. “Hello baby.” Kirstin said between kisses.

     “Tough day at work?” Jessica asked once they broke the hug and she led Kirstin into the house.

     “Nothing I couldn’t handle.” Kirstin replied as she let Jessica lead the two of them up to Jessica’s room so she could take a shower and get changed.

     “Do you mind if I join you in the shower...?” Jessica asked with a pout. “I thought we could save water by taking one together.” She added with a smirk.

     “Look at you, little Miss Green.” Kirstin grinned.

     “Is that a yes?” Jessica asked.

    Kirstin answered Jessica by helping her to undress and then let Jessica help her before the two of them entered the bathroom and then the shower.

*****

    Joan was checking on something in the oven when Jessica and Kirstin arrived in the kitchen. They both walked over to Joan and gave her a hug and kissed her on the cheek.

     “Hello Mother.” Kirstin said with a grin, she still loved being able to say that.

     “Hello dear, how was work today?” Joan asked as she hugged Kirstin back. “Has that nasty little area manager finally left yet?” Joan frowned.

     “Yes, he’s finally gone to annoy someone else.” Kirstin said with a sigh as she collapsed into one of the chairs at the kitchen table.

     “Does this mean I won’t have to put up with little Miss Grumpy pants anymore then?” Jessica asked with a pout as she slid down onto Kirstin’s knee and stole a kiss.

     “I’ve not been that bad have I...?” Kirstin asked as she looked at Joan and then back at Jessica with worry.

     “You have been a little snappy, but that’s to be expected when you have someone like that nasty little pervert watching every little thing you’re doing.” Joan said as she tried to stop Kirstin getting upset with her and Jessica.

     “The worst part about it was the man has no idea how to run a restaurant, and everything he told us to do doesn’t work.” Kirstin complained, forgetting all about what Jessica had just said about her being little Miss grumpy pants.

     “What do you plan to do now that he’s gone?” Jessica asked as she got off Kirstin’s knee and started to help Joan finish off making dinner so they could all sit and eat.

     “We’ve already gone back to doing it the other way again because that system works.” Kirstin shrugged.

     “Won’t you be in trouble if he comes back and finds out you changed things back to the way you were doing them before?” Jessica sounded worried for Kirstin.

     “The worst he can do is fire me, which wouldn’t be a bad thing if doing the things his way is the only option left.” Kirstin grumbled. “The restaurant wouldn’t last long if we carried on doing it his way.” Kirstin added with a laugh.

     “Are you still off on Sunday?” Jessica asked, wanting to change the subject away from Kirstin’s area manager.

     “Yes I am, and I plan to spend the whole day cuddled up to you doing as little as possible.” Kirstin grinned.

     “I hope you don’t mind, but I kind of made some plans for us.” Jessica sounded nervous as she said it.

     “What plans...?” Kirstin asked with a frown.

     “We’re going on a triple date with some people from work.” Jessica said as she tried to look busy helping Joan.

     “A triple date...?” Kirstin sound annoyed. “With who...?” She asked.

     “Dawn and a couple of others.” Jessica offered.

     “Who are the others?” Kirstin asked, she could see that Jessica already knew she wasn’t going to be happy with her choice.

     “A guy called Peter asked Dawn out, and I said we would go and make it a double date, and then a friend of Peter’s said he’d like to join us and bring his boyfriend along.

     “You mean Dawn the trans person like you?” Kirstin asked, wanting to make sure she was thinking about the right person.

     “Yes, that’s her.” Jessica nodded.

     “Does this Peter know about her?” Kirstin asked with worry in her voice.

     “Yes, he found out about her today, and still asked her out.” Jessica started to explain. She then went on to tell Kirstin all about Dawn’s ex wife turning up at work and then her ex wife’s father turning up and trying to get Dawn arrested, only to find himself being arrested and taken away.

     “That poor woman.” Kirstin said when Jessica finished explaining everything that had happened. “Is she alright now?”

     “Yes, she’s fine now she knows that she’s not alone, and Joan and Debbie are going to take on her case and help her get the children.” Jessica said with pride for her mother.

     “We will do what we can, but I think the ex’s father will give us a pretty good fight.” Joan warned as she tried to stop Jessica thinking it was going to be a piece of cake to get Dawn custody of her children.

     “Dawn’s been living in fear of what crazy stunt her ex would do next, so she’s not been going out or living much of a life since she left her ex, so I thought she deserved a night out.” Jessica went on as she tried to convince Kirstin it was the right thing to do joining Dawn on her date.

     “I think it’s the least we can do, but aren’t you worried about this Peter finding out about your secret?” Kirstin asked.

     “Yes a little, but Dawn said that Doug and his boyfriend could join us as well to help keep the conversation away from any touchy matters that might come up.” Jessica explained. “And I think that if Peter knows about Dawn’s past and is alright with that, then I can’t see him finding out about me being too bad.” Jessica added with a shrug.

     “Not if he wants to keep working for me it won’t.” Joan said as she sounded like a protective mother.

     “Mother...!” Jessica sounded shocked at Joan’s tone. “I don’t want you to fire him if he doesn’t like me.

     “I think he’d have to like you if he plans to keep seeing Dawn.” Kirstin pointed out.

     “Have you told Kirstin about your other good news?” Joan asked with a grin, she seemed just as excited as Jessica about it.

     “What news is this...?” Kirstin asked as she looked at Jessica.

     “I’ve heard from Prue about my transition.” Jessica grinned.

     “Is everything alright...?” Kirstin asked, eager to find out more. “Can you start taking the hormones and the blockers?”

     “Yes, I’ve booked in with a doctor and will get my first prescription on Monday I hope.” Jessica said as she jumped up and down while clapping her hands together excitedly.

     “That’s wonderful baby...!” Kirstin squealed as she jumped up and threw her arms around Jessica to join in the celebration. “Do you want me to come with you?” Kirstin asked once they had stopped jumping around.

     “Mother is going to take me, but you’re welcome to come along as well.” Jessica said with some pleading in her voice for Kirstin to say she would.

     “I’d like that very much.” Kirstin said as she looked at Joan to make sure it would be alright for her to tag along.

     “I think that would be a good idea.” Joan agreed, already knowing that Jessica would be bouncing off the walls by Monday morning, eager to start taking the pills that would help her become the woman she wanted to be.

    Dinner was soon ready and the three of them sat down to enjoy it. Jessica and Kirstin offered to do the clean up while Joan went to relax in the living room with a glass of wine and a book while listening to some classical music.

    Once the kitchen was clean, Jessica and Kirstin went up to Jessica’s room after popping into the living room and saying goodnight to Joan. They said that they were tired, but Joan smirked as she knew they weren’t planning to get an early night.

*****

    Kirstin had to work on the Saturday, so Jessica helped Joan do the house work and some washing as they didn’t normally go into work on the Saturday. Debbie had invited them over for a spot of lunch though, so they did take a break and go over to spend some time with her and the babies. Paul was at home and he made them all lunch while Debbie got to relax and spend time with Joan and Jessica away from work.

     “Are you nervous about tomorrow night and your big date?” Debbie asked while they all sat around the dining table enjoying their lunch.

     “I’m a little nervous about Peter and Doug finding out about my secret, but apart from that I’m looking forward to it, and helping Dawn to let her hair down.” Jessica grinned.

     “Unless you come out and tell them Jess, I can’t see how they would work it out for themselves.” Paul said. “I still wonder if you’re all playing some kind of a trick on me.” Paul admitted with a laugh.

     “Believe me Paul, I wish we were playing a trick on you and I really was a woman.” Jessica said with some pain in her voice.

     “You are a real woman Jess; you just need a little help to bring her out.” Debbie said in a scolding tone.

     “I think your actions have a lot to do with who you are, and all I see is a wonderful caring woman when I look at you Jess, the fact you helped us get this wonderful house is proof of that.” Paul said with pride in his voice.

     “You wouldn’t say that if you ever saw me as Jonathon.” Jessica said with a sad sounding laugh.

     “I think we all go through fazes where we play up, but in the end we always find the right path, whether it be on our own, or with some help from our friends.” Paul shrugged like he wasn’t bothered about Jessica’s past as Jonathon.

     “Did you ever go through a faze?” Jessica asked.

     “Paul was a goth when I met him in college.” Debbie giggled.

     “You were a goth...?” Jessica asked with shock written all over her face.

     “Yep, long black hair and dark eye makeup and everything that went with it.” Paul admitted.

     “What made you change?” Jessica asked still finding it hard to believe that the man wearing the pale blue polo shirt and khaki shorts was once a goth.

     “I was rebelling against my parents at the time, and I liked the music, which I still do, but I realised when I met Debbie that I wanted to impress her more than I wanted to upset my parents, so I got my hair cut and started dressing more normal.” Paul shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal for him to change his ways for Debbie.

     “I don’t think I was rebelling against my father though when I started acting like I did as Jonathon.” Jessica admitted.

     “Maybe not, but wanting people to respect you can be just as bad as a parent, so you started acting like they wanted you to be, so they wouldn’t look down at you.” Paul started to explain. “But losing Kirstin made you realise that you wanted her more than you wanted to impress anyone else, so you stopped hanging around with them and you realised that you needed Kirstin in your life.” Paul added with a grin as he saw the realisation dawn on Jessica’s face.

     “He’s not just a pretty face is he?” Debbie grinned.

     “No he’s not.” Jessica agreed.

     “So you think my husband is pretty then?” Debbie smirked as she saw the worried look appear on Jessica’s face.

     “No...! Well yes, but not like you’re thinking.” Jessica said sounding all flustered as she started to blush.

     “Should I be worried?” Debbie asked with fake horror on her face.

     “No...!” Jessica shot back as she threw half a bread roll at Debbie for teasing her. “You did just say pretty much the same thing as Sarah my therapist said down in London.” Jessica admitted as she tried to take no notice of Debbie having a giggling fit across the table from her.

    They finished lunch and Jessica helped Debbie clear the table and wash up while Paul helped Joan entertain the babies in the living room.

     “I’m sorry about teasing you earlier Jess.” Debbie said as she wrapped her arms around Jessica from behind and rested her chin on Jessica’s shoulder. “Are we still friends?” Debbie asked with a pout.

     “Yes we’re still friends you silly cow.” Jessica said with a roll of her eyes. “Paul is a great guy though.” Jessica admitted.

     “I know that.” Debbie said it like Jessica was an idiot for even having to say such a thing. “And you’re a great girlfriend to have.” Debbie added as she kissed Jessica on the cheek.

    Jessica laughed and then carried on washing the dishes while Debbie dried them and then put them away. “It’s strange it took me admitting I wasn’t a man to find a real group of friends.” Jessica said with tears in her eyes.

     “You didn’t just find some friends Jess, you found a family.” Debbie said as she pulled Jessica into a hug and then helped her dry her eyes.

    Once Jessica had recovered herself, she helped Debbie finish cleaning up the kitchen before they went to see how Paul and Joan were coping with the babies.

*****

    Kirstin had come back to Joan’s after work on the Saturday, and Jessica was now lying in bed next to her watching Kirstin sleep. Jessica decided to let Kirstin have a lie in while she went to take her morning swim with Joan, but she didn’t make it out the bedroom before Kirstin woke up.

     “I hope you’re not sneaking off to have a swim without me.” Kirstin pouted as she sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

     “No, I was just pottering around the bedroom while I waited for you to wake up.” Jessica lied.

     “Liar...” Kirstin grinned and she pulled Jessica down onto the bed next to her. “Do you normally potter around the bedroom while wearing a swimming suit?” Kirstin asked as she pulled open Jessica’s bathrobe to reveal the black Speedo swimsuit underneath.

     “Sorry, but I thought I’d let you have a lie in for once.” Jessica admitted as she leaned in for a kiss.

     “That’s sweet of you, but I’d rather miss out on a couple of hours sleep if it means spending time with you.” Kirstin said between kisses.

     “Do you want me to wait while you get ready for a swim then?” Jessica asked with a grin once they stopped kissing.

     “Do you really need me to answer that?” Kirstin asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “I’ll wait right here for you then.” Jessica grinned as she watched Kirstin slip out of bed and run off to the bathroom.

    Jessica was good to her word and was still sat on the bed when Kirstin returned and then walked over to the chest of draws where she pulled out a vivid blue Speedo swimsuit and then slipped off her dressing gown and night shirt to leave her stood naked in the middle of the room before she stepped into the swimsuit and then pulled it up so she could slip her arms through the shoulder straps and then adjust it until it fit her properly. Kirstin then grabbed her bathrobe and slipped it on so she now looked like Jessica did in hers.

     “Shall we go take a swim then?” Kirstin asked as she held out a hand to Jessica so she could get up off the bed.

     “I feel like doing something, but it’s not swimming.” Jessica purred as she tried to pull Kirstin in for a hug.

     “Well I want to swim.” Kirstin said in a teasing tone as she slipped out of Jessica’s arms and then ran out the room.

    Jessica was left with a shocked look on her face, which soon became a frown just before she ran out the bedroom as she tried to catch up with Kirstin, but Kirstin was in the pool when Jessica made it down to the poolroom. Joan was already down in the pool, so Jessica knew she would have to wait until later to carry on her pursuit of Kirstin in a romantic way.

    Kirstin had gotten a lot better with her swimming and now she was able to keep up with Joan and Jessica, so they all finished at the same time and climbed out the pool before heading back up to their rooms to take a shower and get dressed.

    The three of them spent the day relaxing apart from going to the local supermarket to do some food shopping. Jessica and Kirstin spent a little time on the phone talking to Jane down in London. Jane was excited for Jessica going to see the doctor the next day, and the fact she’d set Dawn up on a date. Jane had asked if Jessica had been taking lessons off Chrissy, but Jessica had no idea what Jane was talking about until Jane explained that Chrissy liked to play matchmaker whenever she got the chance. They finally ended the call, but not before Jessica had promised to give Jane a call the next night and let her know how the doctor’s appointment went, as well as Dawn’s date.

*****

     “How do we look?” Jessica asked Joan as she and Kirstin walking into the living room where Joan was sat reading another book and sipping on a glass of wine.

    Jessica was wearing a little black cocktail dress over a corset and stockings; she had spent extra time doing her makeup and her hair to make her look extra hot and sexy. A fact not lost on Joan as she looked at the way Kirstin was looking at her.

    Kirstin was wearing a purple cocktail dress and she had spent just as long doing her makeup and hair. Joan thought the pair of them would be breaking a few hearts tonight if they found out these two only had eye for each other.

    Joan noticed that Kirstin was pulling a little bit of a pained look as she wriggled her waist around. “Are you wearing a corset?” Joan asked Kirstin.

     “Yes, Jess decided to call in that bet I made down in London.” Kirstin pouted as she nudged Jessica with her elbow.

     “But you look amazing in it though.” Jessica grinned.

     “Thanks, but I was hoping to be able to eat something this evening.” Kirstin complained.

     “You could do with losing a few pounds, so this could be a good thing.” Jessica said as she tried to hide the smirk.

     “Are you calling me fat...!” Kirstin shouted as she started slapping Jessica’s arm and any other part she could get her hands on while she tried not to laugh.

     “You’re not fat...! You’re not fat...!” Jessica ended up shouting as she tried to get Kirstin to stop slapping her.

     “Damn straight I’m not.” Kirstin grinned as she struck a sexy pose.

     “You are very beautiful though.” Jessica said as she stepped over to Kirstin and wrapped her arms around her as she leaned in for a kiss, but Kirstin stopped her.

     “I’ve not spent hours getting ready just to have you destroy it by locking lips.” Kirstin said as she broke the hug and stepped back.

     “Tease...!” Jessica complained.

     “You’re the one that set up this little date night, so you can now wait until we get home to enjoy any of this.” Kirstin warned as she waved a hand up and down herself.

    Jessica just let out a sigh as she drank in the image before her. “You drive a hard bargain baby.” Jessica said with another sigh.

     “I know, but you’re not the only one that will be suffering all night and wanting to get back home again.” Kirstin purred as she looked Jessica up and down.

     “I think the two of you better get going before you end up back upstairs.” Joan warned as she got up and walked Jessica and Kirstin to the front door and waved them off.

    Jessica was going to be driving the two of them to Tony’s, the restaurant where Joan liked to eat every now and then. Joan had called Tony and asked him to save a table large enough for six, and he’d been more than happy to do so for Joan. Jessica was going to pick up Dawn on the way and then meet Pater, Doug and his boyfriend outside Tony’s.

    Kirstin had programmed Dawn’s address into the sat nav in Jessica’s car just before they left Joan’s and they were soon pulling up outside the address and Jessica got her cell phone out and called Dawns number.

     “Hi Dawn, we’re waiting outside.” Jessica said when she heard Dawn on the other end of the phone.

     “I’ll be right down.” Dawn said sounding a little nervous.

    Jessica and Kirstin watched as they saw Dawn step out the house and make her way over to the car before she opened the back door and got in.

     “Hi Dawn, I’d like you to meet Kirstin my girlfriend.” Jessica grinned. “Kirstin, this is Dawn.” Jessica added.

     “Hi Dawn, it’s nice to finally get to met you.” Kirstin said as she turned in her seat and reached out to shake Dawn’s hand.

     “Hi Kirstin, it’s nice to finally meet you. Jessica’s told me so much about you that I feel like I’ve known you for years.” Dawn said in her trademark soft voice. “I trust that Jessica’s told you about my past?” Dawn asked as she looked back and forth between Jessica and Kirstin.

     “Yes I know all about your past, and I don’t have a problem with any of it.” Kirstin said to reassure Dawn.

     “I didn’t think you would for one minute as you are an item with Jessica.” Dawn smiled. “You are very lucky to have her in your life.” Dawn added as she smiled at Kirstin and then looked over at Jessica who was now driving down the road towards Tony’s restaurant.

     “I know I’m lucky to have her in my life.” Kirstin agreed as she watched Jessica driving her car and doing a pretty good job for saying she was wearing four inch heels. “Jessica and Joan were telling me about all the trouble you’ve had with your ex wife.” Kirstin said with some anger in her voice for a woman she’d never met, and didn’t want to.

     “Please don’t get me started with her.” Dawn frowned. “I can’t even begin to understand why she suddenly hates me so much, or why she feels the need to try and destroy what life I have left.” Dawn said with a sigh.

     “You mean apart from being totally nuts.” Jessica laughed.

     “There is that.” Dawn laughed in agreement. “It does feel good to have friends I can talk to about it all, and know I have a job that Joanne or her father can’t do anything to destroy.” Dawn added with a grin.

     “I’ll make sure you have all my contact details before the end of the night, so you can call me if you ever need to chat with anyone.” Kirstin said. She actually wanted Dawn to have her details in case Dawn was ever worried about Jessica and needed to call Kirstin and let her know. Kirstin thought that Jessica was more likely to talk with Dawn than she was anyone else about her transition.

    Jessica was soon pulling into the car park outside Tony’s restaurant. Jessica let out a squeal when she looked out the side window and saw Peter smiling at her as he leaned over to look in and make sure Dawn was with them.

     “Are you trying to scare me to death?” Jessica asked as she got out the car and slapped Peter on the arm for scaring her.

     “Sorry about that Jessica.” Peter apologised as he tried to defend himself while fighting the urge to start laughing. “Wow Dawn, you look amazing.” Peter said when he got a proper look at Dawn once she was out the car.

     “Thank you Peter.” Dawn blushed as she looked down at herself worried that she didn’t look alright and Peter was just being nice to her.

    Dawn normally dressed smart but plain at work, but tonight she had gone all out with her hair and makeup and then she’d put on a deep red cocktail dress that showed off her feminine curves and natural cleavage. Even though Dawn wasn’t a short woman, she still looked small when she stood next to Peter because he was well over six feet tall.

     “Peter, I’d like you to meet my girlfriend Kirstin, Kirstin, this is Peter.” Jessica said when she saw that Dawn was a little tongue tied at the minute while she processed the compliment Peter just paid her.

     “Hello Kirstin, it’s nice to finally meet you.” Peter said as he took Kirstin’s hand and lifted it to his mouth and kissed the back of it. “You have a wonderful girlfriend.” He added as he looked at Jessica while he kissed Kirstin’s hand.

     “I’m extremely proud of her, and feel very lucky that she’s all mine.” Kirstin smiled as she looked Jessica up and down again as she thought about her plans for later in the night when they got home again.

     “Are Doug and his boyfriend here yet?” Jessica asked in a hope that she might be able to steer the talk away from her.

     “He just called and said he’d be a couple of minutes late due to there being roadworks on his route and he had to find another way.” Peter said with a roll of his eyes due to the local council always digging up a road and causing trouble for anyone using the roads.

     Peter had just finished speaking when they saw a car pull in and Doug was behind the wheel. Jessica couldn’t see the man in the passenger seat, but she took it to be Doug’s boyfriend.

     “Sorry for being late everyone.” Doug said once he was out the car. “I hope none of you have been waiting very long?” He asked as he waited for the man in the passenger seat to get out and join him at the back of his car.

     “Don’t worry about it; we’ve only just got here ourselves.” Jessica said with a smile. “Doug, this is my girlfriend Kirstin, Kirstin this is Doug.”

     “Hello Kirstin, it’s nice to meet you, and may I introduce Samuel my boyfriend.” Doug grinned.

     “Hello Doug, Samuel.” Kirstin smiled at them as she stepped over and reached out to shake their hands.

     “Hello Kirstin, please call me Sam.” He smiled back as he reached out and shook Kirstin’s offered hand.

     “Samuel, this is Jessica, Dawn, and you already know Peter.” Doug said as he introduced his boyfriend to the others.

    Dawn reached out and shook Samuel’s hand and then Jessica did the same but as she got a better look at Samuel, she realised that she knew him from school, but it didn’t look like he recognised her though, but the more they looked at each other, the more puzzled Samuel’s look became as it looked like he might be trying to place where He’d seen Jessica before.

     “Have we met before?” Samuel asked as he studied Jessica’s face a little harder as he tried to jog his memory.

     “I don’t think so.” Jessica lied.

     “What’s your last name?” Samuel asked.

     “It’s Green.” Jessica lied again in the hopes Peter didn’t know her real last name. She guessed he didn’t because he never said anything or even looked confused with the fact she said her last name was Green and not Phipps. “I’ve just got one of those faces.” Jessica shrugged with a smile.

     “Shall we go and eat? It’s a little too cold to be stood around out here.” Peter said as he held out his arm for Dawn to take hold of it so he could lead the way into the restaurant.

    Jessica and Kirstin followed Peter and Dawn, leaving Doug and Samuel to bring up the rear. Kirstin gave Jessica an odd look, but she understood that something was wrong when Jessica gave her a look that said she would explain later when they were alone, or away from Peter, Doug and Samuel. Jessica found herself wondering just how much smaller her world could get as she tried to work out the odds of Doug’s boyfriend being someone Jonathon went to school with. Jessica had no idea that Samuel was gay. She remembered he always had his pick of the girls while they were at school. But she thought that Samuel would probably be just as shocked to find out who she really was, if he found out.

    Peter was just about to ask a woman stood behind a counter about a reservation for the six of them when Jessica heard Tony calling her name as he made his way through the tables to where the six of them were stood.

     “Jessica...! And guests, please follow me, it is so good to see you again.” He said as she stepped up to Jessica and cheek kissed her on both cheeks.

     “Hello Tony, thank you for fitting us in at such short notice.” Jessica said with a smile.

     “I always find room for a pretty lady or three.” Tony smiled as he looked at her and then Dawn and Kirstin. “You get rid of these three men, and I treat all three of you to a wonderful night of wine and dancing.” He added with a grin which disarmed Peter, Doug and Samuel. The three men just laughed.

     “What would your other customers think?” Jessica said playfully.

     “We make them jealous, no?” Tony said as he wiggled his eyebrows at her.

     “Tony...! You can be such a bad man.” Jessica said as she playfully slapped his arm. “Show us to this table you’ve been saving for us.” She added in a bossy tone.

     “You just like your mother, she boss Tony around as well.” He said with fake sadness in his voice as he led Jessica and the others to a large table in the middle of the restaurant.

    Tony helped Jessica take her seat and then he helped Kirstin to take her seat while Peter helped Dawn and Doug helped Samuel to take his seat before Doug sat down next to Samuel. Samuel ended up sat facing Jessica who was sat next to Kirstin at the round table. Tony waved over a waiter to take their drinks order, but he never said anything about them ordering food.

     “I have your food sent out in a little while.” Tony said just before he wandered off in the direction of the kitchen area.

     “He never asked what we wanted to eat.” Samuel pointed out as he looked puzzled.

     “Tony seems to know what people want to eat, and he’s never been wrong yet when my mother and I have come here.” Jessica explained.

     “I didn’t know you knew Tony.” Kirstin said. “I’ve heard he can tell what people want before they know, but I never believed it.” Kirstin added with excitement in her voice.

     “Mother knows him, and she introduced me to him and we’ve been friends ever since.” Jessica shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal.

     “I tried to get a job here when I first got back in town, but I couldn’t even get him to look at my CV.” Kirstin said in a whisper. “I’d kill to work in a place like this.” She added as she looked around the restaurant and the class of people that ate in it.

     “I’ll have to bring you here a little more often then.” Jessica smiled when she saw how excited Kirstin was. Jessica had never bothered telling Kirstin where they were going to be eating because she’d sorted it all out with Joan, and then she’d told Dawn, Peter and Doug while they were all at the office.

    Jessica could see that Samuel kept looking at her like he was still sure he knew her from somewhere, but Jessica hoped he would have the same problem Kirstin had when she first met Jessica and she looked very different to what Jonathon looked like.

     “I will never say no to you bringing me here baby.” Kirstin grinned as she took hold of Jessica’s hand under the table.

     “I need to go powder my nose.” Jessica said as she felt the need to get away from Samuel’s constant gaze. Dawn and Kirstin must have read Jessica’s mind because the two of them got up with her and followed her to the restrooms and entered the ladies.

     “Is everything alright Jess?” Dawn asked with worry in her voice. “You’ve seemed a little weird since Sam asked if he knew you from somewhere.”

     “I went to school with him, well Jonathon did.” Jessica said after she’d checked to make sure they were alone in the toilets.

     “Do you think he knows it’s you?” Kirstin asked as she pulled a shaking Jessica into her arms and hugged her.

     “I don’t think so, but he keeps looking at me like he’s trying to work it out.” Jessica frowned.

     “I can’t see how he can, you look totally different now, and you used Joan’s last name as yours, so he won’t work it out that way either.” Kirstin pointed out.

     “Samuel is dating Doug, so even if he did work it out, I don’t think it would be that bad, but he may be a little upset that you didn’t tell him who you were to begin with.” Dawn said.

     “So do you think I should just come out and tell him who I use to be?” Jessica asked with shock in her voice.

     “You could, but that would also mean Peter and Doug finding out.” Kirstin warned.

     “Telling people who you once were is all part of transitioning Jess, people from your past are going to find out, and it’s how you cope with that, that will help you become a stronger person.” Dawn explained.

     “I’m just worried about them freaking out and making a scene.” Jessica said close to tears now.

     “That is something you need to face now rather than later.” Dawn said as she placed a hand on Jessica’s shoulder. “I’m not saying you won’t have people freak out on you, but I think that as groups go, this could be a good one to start with.”

     “I think Dawn could be right Jess.” Kirstin agreed.

    Jessica turned to face the mirror and she looked at herself and smiled when she saw her cleavage poking out the top of her cocktail dress and then her perfectly made up face. “Do you think they will even believe I was once a boy, or still am under all this?”

     “Probably not, but at least you’d have come clean and told them.” Dawn smiled.

     “Okay then, let’s do this.” Jessica said as she took a deep breath, or as deep as her corset would allow. The three of them turned and left the toilets to return to the table so Jessica could inform Samuel that they did know each other.

    Peter looked a little nervous when Jessica. Kirstin and Dawn got back to the table. And it looked like Doug and Samuel had had words with each other and they were now almost facing away from each other.

     “Is everything alright?” Dawn asked as she sat back down next to Peter.

     “Yes it’s all fine.” Peter said with a fake smile.

     “Does this have anything to do with my past?” Dawn asked, thinking that Samuel might have said something to upset Doug.

     “Our problem has nothing to do with you Dawn.” Doug said as he looked daggers at Samuel.

     “I don’t have any problem with who you use to be and who you are now Dawn.” Samuel said with his hand on his heart.

     “Does it have anything to do with me?” Jessica asked nervously.

     “No... Well yes Kind of, but Doug is just letting his green eye think for him.” Samuel said with a growl.

     “Then why do you keep looking at her?” Doug growled back as he stabbed a finger in Jessica’s direction.

     “Doug...!” Peter warned. “Jessica is not a ‘her’.” He added.

     “I’m sorry Jessica; I didn’t mean anything by it.” Doug said as he tried to calm himself down.

     “It’s like I said Doug baby, I just feel like I know her from somewhere, and it’s really beginning to bug me that I can’t work out where from.” Samuel admitted.

     “We do know each other Samuel, but I doubt you’ll be able to work it out without me telling you.” Jessica said with a nervous smile while she playing with the napkin in front of her.

     “Did I go to school with your brother or something like that?” Samuel asked as he thought he had it worked out.

     “Sort of.” Jessica laughed nervously. “Do you remember a boy called Jonathon Phipps?” Jessica asked.

    Samuel looked to be deep in thought for a couple of seconds before he seemed to remember something. “Yes, do you mean scrappy doo?” Samuel asked with a grin.

     “Scrappy Doo...?” Kirstin asked with a raised eyebrow as she looked first at Samuel and then back at Jessica who was blushing now.

     “Yes, we called him Scrappy doo because Jonathon was always wanting to fight the bigger kids at school to prove he wasn’t a push over, and someone would always have to go to his rescue like Scooby and Shaggy did in the cartoon.” Samuel explained to everyone. “You do look a little like him, is he your brother or cousin?” Samuel asked.

     “No, I am Jonathon, or I use to be.” Jessica said and then waited for the three guys to lose it and start making fun of her.

    Samuel, Peter and Doug just sat looking at Jessica with their mouths hanging open. “You’re Scrappy?” Samuel finally asked still not believing what Jessica had just said.

     “Not anymore, but yes I was Jonathon Phipps, but now I go by the name Jessica instead.” Jessica said as she held up her arms and then said “surprise...!”

     “So you’re just like Dawn then?” Peter asked in a whisper so as not to let anyone on the tables around them overhear what he was saying.

     “Yes and no.” Jessica started to explain. “I am just at the start of my transition, where as Dawn has finished hers.”

     “Is that how you two know each other then?” Doug asked.

     “Yes, but only because we are both friends with a great group of people down in London.” Dawn answered. “They called Joan and told her about the trouble I was having, and Joan offered to give me a chance working for her, and I became friends with Jessica.” Dawn added with pride in her voice.

     “Is everything alright between us Sam?” Jessica asked as she saw that he was still sat looking at her like she’d suddenly grown a second head. “You’re starting to creep me out a little now.” She added with a little laugh.

     “I just can’t believe that you’re the same kid who would fight with anyone who called him a name.” Samuel said as he shook his head like he was dreaming.

     “Well believe it because it’s all true.” Jessica said as she let Kirstin take hold of her hand under the table to let her know she wasn’t alone. “I’m sorry for lying to you all, but I was scared of how you would react if you found out about me.” Jessica added as she looked down at the table in front of her.

     “I can understand you lying to me out in the car park.” Samuel said as he brushed off Jessica’s worries. “It must have been a shock to find out that I was Doug’s boyfriend.” He added with a laugh.

     “I had no idea you were gay.” Jessica whispered. “You always had a girl hanging on your arm when we were at school.” She added.

     “True, but it was all an act to stop anyone working out what I was.” Samuel shrugged. “I use to play lots of sports as well, in the hopes of throwing people off the scent.”

     “I remember you use to be good at soccer until you got kicked off the school team for a nasty tackle on what’s his name.” Jessica said as she tried to remember the boy Samuel had hurt during a practice session.

     “Simon McKay.” Samuel said with a grin.

     “I was supposed to fight him after school that night, but he ended up being taken to hospital with a broken leg, and you were kicked off the team because you were the one that tackled him.” Jessica said as it all started to come back to her now.

     “I actually knew about the fight, and I also knew that Simon would have wiped the floor with you, so I stepped in and stopped him without you ever knowing about it.” Samuel smiled proudly.

     “Why would you do something like that for me?” Jessica looked confused.

     “I thought you were cute, and I was kind of hoping you might be like me.” Samuel shrugged. “But I can see that you were a different kind of mixed up to what I was.” He added as he took in the way Jessica looked compared to how he remembered Jonathon looking the last time he ever saw him.

     “Are you happy now Sam?” Jessica asked.

     “Yes, most the time, when this big ox isn’t getting all jealous because he thinks I’m eyeing up some girl I’ve just met.” Samuel rolled his eyes as he bumped shoulders with Doug.

     “I’m sorry, okay?” Doug asked with a whine. “Please forgive me?” Doug pouted.

    Jessica, Kirstin and Dawn all had to hide their giggles when they saw Doug acting so camp.

     “Yes I forgive you, but I told you I knew her from somewhere.” Samuel sounded smug with himself. “I never would have worked it out though, not if you hadn’t told me.” He added as he made it look like he was tipping an invisible hat to Jessica.

     “So are you and Kirstin really girlfriends?” Peter asked with a confused look.

     “Yes, we still love each other, even though I will be a woman myself one day.” Jessica smiled as she looked deep into Kirstin’s eyes.

     “How does that work?” Peter asked, still looking confused. “If you still love her, then wouldn’t that mean you don’t want to be a woman after all?”

     “I’m just a lesbian female trapped in the wrong body.” Jessica said in a matter of fact way.

     “That can actually happen?” Peter sounded shocked now.

     “Sadly yes, but I’m learning to deal with it, and I have Kirstin to help me get through it.” Jessica grinned as she gave Kirstin’s hand a squeeze. “I also have some friends down in London that are like me and married to women, they even have children.”

     “I’m happy for you Jessica.” Samuel smiled. “You never did look happy as Jonathon, but you are blossoming as Jessica.” He added with a grin.

     “Thank you Sam.” Jessica blushed. “I hope I can trust the three of you to keep this a secret for me?” Jessica asked as she looked at Peter, Doug and Samuel.

     “You have my word that I’ll keep it a secret Jessica.” Peter said.

     “You can count on me to keep this a secret as well.” Doug added.

     “I don’t hang with any of the old crowd from school anymore, so you can count on me to keep your secret.” Samuel promised.

     “Thanks guys.” Jessica said as she fought back the tears because she was so happy that her telling someone about her past hadn’t been as bad as she thought it would. “Do your parents know about your being gay?” Jessica asked as she looked at Samuel.

     “Yes they know, and they also kicked me out the house and haven’t spoken to me since.” Samuel sighed.

     “I’m sorry to hear that Sam.” Jessica sounded sad for Samuel.

     “I coped, and my Gran took me in and she stopped talking to my parents over it.” Samuel laughed a sad laugh. “She said that no matter what I was, it still didn’t give them the right to turn their backs on me.” Samuel said with pride for his Gran.

     “It was through his Gran that we first met each other.” Doug smiled. “His Gran and my mother are good friends, and they got us together at a barbecue a couple of years back.” He added.

     “I’d love to hear the story of how you got to be like this.” Samuel said as he waved his hand towards Jessica.

     “I’d be happy to tell you, but not here.” Jessica said as she looked around at some of the tables where she could already see some of the customers looking at them like they might have overheard parts of what they were talking about.

     “Maybe we can get together at one of our houses one night, and then you can tell me everything.” Samuel sounded excited now. “That‘s as long as it’s alright with lover boy here?” Samuel asked as he looked at Doug.

     “I’ve already said I was sorry for jumping to conclusions, and I can’t see you dragging Jessica away from Kirstin anyway.” Doug sounded smug.

    Jessica gave Samuel all her details, and he did the same with all his for her. Jessica actually felt good about having some contact from his school days.

    The food was soon being placed on the table and once again Tony had worked his magic and guessed what all of them wanted, and they all loved the food. Doug had told Samuel about the trouble Dawn had been putting up with since her transition, and also what had gone off the other day at work, so Samuel spent some time asking Dawn if she was feeling any better now.

     “I’m having a really good time.” Dawn smiled. “This is the first time I’ve had a night out since I got back from London after my surgery.”

     “We plan to have a lot more nights out as well.” Jessica warned.

     “I hope you will let me take you out again sometime as well.” Peter asked.

     “All you need to do is ask me out.” Dawn blushed at how forward she was being, but she liked spending time with Peter.

     “We could go and see a movie tomorrow night if you don’t have any other plans?” Peter asked.

     “I think that would be really nice.” Dawn smiled.

    Jessica was glad that Dawn was getting on so well with Peter; it meant she wasn’t going to be hiding in her apartment waiting for her ex to start tormenting her again, and Jessica already knew Peter could take care of himself and Dawn, if he needed to.

    The meal was soon over and Jessica won the battle over who would pay the bill, just to find out that Tony wouldn’t charge her or any of her friends.

     “You pay me by looking so pretty and bringing your two beautiful friends with you.” Tony said as he walked them to the exit. Tony’s kind words earned him a kiss from Kirstin and Dawn, which left him blushing. “I even get a tip.” He grinned.

     “I hope you don’t mind Jess, but Peter is going to run me home.” Dawn grinned. “Thank you for forcing me to come out with you as well.” Dawn added as she gave Jessica and Kirstin a hug.

     “I’m glad it turned out so well for you and for me.” Jessica grinned back as she looked over at Samuel as he stood talking with Peter and Doug.

     “It will help you deal with the negative people that will show up in your life when you have a good group of friends to help back you up.” Dawn said with pride over Jessica coming clean with Peter, Doug and Samuel.

     “I hope you realise that as well.” Jessica asked.

     “I do now.” Dawn smiled as she gave Jessica another hug. “Now get home and let this beautiful woman make passionate love to you all night long.” Dawn added as she pushed Jessica towards Kirstin’s waiting arms.

    Jessica and Kirstin said their goodbyes to Peter, Doug and Samuel before they walked over to Jessica’s car and then made their way home. Joan was already in bed when they got there, so they went straight up to Jessica’s room where Kirstin was quick to peel Jessica out of her dress and throw her down on the bed where she started to kiss her like a mad thing.

    They did finally get to sleep, but not before they both enjoyed an orgasm or three. Kirstin did make sure the two of them stripped out of their corsets before they cuddled up in bed together this time.

 

To Be Continued Next Monday  GRIN

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

    Authors Note: Cathy, Jane and all the others that Jessica and Joan meet while down in London, are all characters I wrote about in my; You Have it all Wrong series. Even though you don’t hear about Jane’s story until book four ‘You have it all Wrong Four, the Kids Story’ the time line for this story is set between book three and book four. So to find out more about Chrissy, Amy and Cathy, and how they all became the women they are in this story, you will need to go back and read them.

    Hugs

    SaraUK

up
200 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

There you go.....

..... folks, sorry it was late being posted but finally found the time to code it. Hopefully will have more time next weekend to get the next chapter out on time.

Hugs GRIN

Sammi

Ya know

Sadly the reality is that gay people don't understand trans any better then the other cisgendered. It's a small world. I live states away from where I grew up with. I interviewed with a company and it turned out one of the interviewers knew one of the guys I had worked with(!) Jessica needs to have a mental plan in place for such situations. She opted to come clean but there is no right answer as she has no real obligation to do so except for the significant other in her life.

love your work

nuff said
ed


ed

Reprieve

Jamie Lee's picture

Good to see Dawn was able to go out without the leech sucking out her fun. And being accepted as herself.

Jessica was also helped by the dinner. Not only was see accepted but gained a bit more self confidence.

And while all six may not realize it, they've started a group which has a lot in common.

Others have feelings too.