Daniel aka Danni: A Little Cheer Story

Printer-friendly version

Foreword: I thought I'd attempt to write a cheerleader themed story. Although I've seen cheerleading happen at football (soccer) matches, I don't think it's very big in the UK, however I've seen that there are UK-based sites/suppliers, so it is a thing for sure. So, I'm coming at it from a position of relative ignorance, please take that into account if you will. I'm not versed in the cultural significances that it may hold to the US reader, or the realities. My naivety may be a good or a bad thing.

*****
Daniel aka Danni: A Little Cheer Story
*****

A small town somewhere in the North-East of England.

It was a slow, dreary, weary, Tuesday afternoon, and Daniel was lying on the grass on the perimeter of the playing field, dodging a P.E. lesson with his two best male friends, James and Craig. He was pretending to be chatting with them, but his attention was only cursory. It was hard to maintain the illusion of interest in their conversation... it was something about the latest sci-fi film, or something like that. He couldn't care less really, truth be told.

What did have more of his attention, on the other hand, were the girls on the other side of the field, practising a cheerleading routine.

Among their number was Kelly... and Daniels best friend, Beth. Daniel and Beth were close friends. They'd been friends since as far back as either could remember.

He was watching them practising, and thinking absent-mindedly what it would be like to be part of the group. Yes, he wanted to join in and feel the bond of belonging as one of them, part of a female group. He was all too acutely aware of what those feelings meant, and the barriers that existed, imaginary and real.

'I like their camaraderie, I like their team spirit, I like their feminine forms, I don't like being this jealous!' He mused.

Daniel knew he was different, he figured out as much from an early age. He knew the expected societal norms, but he always knew there was more to his character or make-up than that. He wanted to join in with the girls, and be one of the girls too. That's what felt natural, but he'd learnt that it also wasn't the thing to do. He learned to keep it a secret from an early age. One learns early on in life what's expected of us behaviourally, particularly in the regard of gender roles, and aberrations are too commonly frowned upon, if not all too readily corrected.

Yes, it's a secret.

Not a complete secret though... Beth knew about this side of Daniel. The two knew each other inside out. He didn't know what he would do without at least one understanding person to confide in, she was a rock. And he, hers.

Tuesday's school day ended wearily too. Beth was waiting at the gates to meet up with Daniel, so that the two could walk home together, they always walked home together and lived just around the corner from one another. Their proximity to one another in all regards was a sort of accident of nature. Their respective parent's were friends, and both their mum's fell pregnant withing 5 months of each other. It was like it was destiny for the two to be close. They joked 'it must have been something in the water'.

"Coming round to mine's after tea?" Beth asked

"Sure"

After his tea, Daniel called around to Beth's and rang the doorbell, Beth's mum answered.

"Hi dear, how are you?"

"Fine thanks, Mrs C, how are you?"

"Good, good"

"Beth! Daniel's here!" Mrs C called upstairs to her daughter

"Come up" was the shout back

Daniel wiped his shoes on the doormat 3 times, and entered the house, and made his way upstairs to Beth's room.

"Hiya!" "Hiya!"

Beth's room was lovely to Daniel, just how he'd like to have his, though he knew he couldn't. Mainly white decor, with baby blue, and lilac accents, it was trés put-together, and distinctly feminine.

"You can help me with this homework, I hate calculus" said Beth.

"Sure, no problem" replied Daniel.

"Are you getting changed first?"

Now here was a question.

See... Beth and Daniel knew pretty much everything about each other, and Beth definitely knew about Daniels gender 'thing'. She'd sussed something long ago, the clues were there to a keen observer such as she, and when she discovered his secret, she swore not to tell a soul.

Now they had an arrangement whereby sometimes he'd change clothes into something more feminine when he was visiting with her. She had a small corner of her wardrobe set aside, with some of his things. Conveniently enough, they were similar enough in sizes to be able to swap clothes quite easily, but they both thought it would be nice if he had a few things exclusively of his own. Online shopping was certainly a godsend for such purchases.

Beth's mum or dad wandering in wasn't an issue, so far at least (touch wood), as they knew and trusted them enough to leave them to whatever they were doing in peace.

"Are you getting changed first?"

"No I don't think I will, I'm not feeling like it tonight" replied Daniel

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just I don't feel like it I don't think"

Daniel was feeling a little subdued and wistful, probably from wanting something out of reach.

"Go on, you know you wanna, don't be a misery guts"

"Okay then" he smiled.

He looked at the small selection of his things, and picked out some plain underwear, and his favourite long blue dress. He liked that dress in particular because it covered his whole body, from the crew-neck neckline to the hem at the ankles, apart from the sleeves which were short, and the fabric was smooth and cool to the touch. Pale blue and white flowers on it were subtle, but there, for a definite feminine touch and a 'je ne sais quoi'.

He got changed behind a screen Beth had in the corner of her bedroom. It was a white painted screen which co-ordinated with the décor, and with a blue painted swan stencilled in on the front. Her own handiwork, which she was very pleased with.

"You can help me with this homework after you've finished admiring yourself, girl" Beth said cheekily.

"Righto..." "and I wasn't admiring myself"

He grabbed a white cardigan to put on over the dress as his bare arms felt a chill.

He was glad she'd insisted he got changed, as he figuratively and literally felt a whole new person. The nagging feelings of just before had dissipated.

As he helped Beth with her calculus homework, they chatted the while. He was good at maths but didn't really enjoy it as a subject. English was more his thing.

Time passed too quickly, and it was soon time to be getting ready to go home. They both disliked it, but time's march is inevitable. Danni straightened his dress out, and went behind the screen to get changed. He re-appeared as dreary Daniel, in a t-shirt and jeans, and placed his female clothing back in the wardrobe, his section, neatly folded.

The pair hugged and said their g'night's.

That night Daniel lay in his bed, playing in his head 'Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet'. I'm just a romantic I guess... He was thinking to himself of Kelly... and in his imagination he was serenading her. He had a vivid imagination while lying in bed, keeping himself awake at nights. To him, she was perfect. He pictured her and him on a beach at sunset... sharing kisses as the sun kissed the sea. Sigh.

He looked at his alarm clock, then at the light creeping around the curtains... 'Jeez, soon be time to get up and I've still not gotten to sleep' he reprimanded himself.

*****

The next days were uneventful, boring really. Though that Thursday night was to be eventful. Beth had invited Daniel around to hers that evening.

Daniel arrived at the front door at approximately 7pm as arranged, and rang the doorbell. He was curious about something Beth had said earlier in the day, which was that she had a surprise for him.

"Hi dear, how are you?"

"Fine thanks, Mrs C, how are you?"

"Good good"

"Beth! Daniel's here!" Mrs C called upstairs to her daughter

"Come up" was the shout back

Daniel wiped his shoes on the doormat 3 times, and entered the proferred door, and made his way up the familiar stairway, meeting Beth at her bedroom door. She was standing with her door closed behind her, and whispered 'Hiya' to him so as the parent's downstairs couldn't hear.

"What? Is everything okay?" enquired Daniel, whispering back.

"Well... you know that I know how you feel about being on the cheer team, and there's nothing I can do about that I'm afraid, but..."

"Yes... what?"

"Well I reckoned, next best thing, we could play pretend you're on the team... So..."

She opened her bedroom door and ushered Daniel in.

"So I thought, why not? It might be fun"

Daniel followed her hand gesture and his eyes were drawn to the uniform that was laid out on Beth's bed.

"Sorry for the drama, but I wanted to set the scene!"

"My spare uniform, it'll fit you"

"Wow, I'm not sure, Beth" said Daniel, thoughts rushing.

"Bad idea?"

"No not that... are you sure it's okay?"

"Of course, Danni"

"Well, it could be fun"

"That's the spirit!" Beth grinned.

The two walked over to the edge of the bed where Beth's spare uniform was laid out.

"Are you getting changed too?" asked Daniel.

"Sure, I'll get changed at the same time as you"

"Okay then"

Beth picked up the garments and laid them on top of a chest of drawers situated near the painted screen.

"Here you go, you get into these things, and I'll change over there, okay?"

"Okay"

Daniel went to his little stash in the wardrobe, and picked out fresh underwear for himself, and then slipped behind the screen.

As he undressed he looked at the uniform, and thought of all the times he'd admired the girls on the team wearing the same thing, and a tingle went up his spine.

He pulled on the knickers he'd selected, and adjusted himself politely, then put on his bra. Back to front then slide it around. He was a slender 32b, with some padding.

'What goes on first...' he thought, of course, and picked up the shorts off the top of the pile. They were blue short shorts, to maintain modesty, he knew that. He slid them on, and pulled them up to his waist and smoothed them down.

Then the top. It was a white, cropped, long-sleeved top. He slid his arms through the sleeves, and noted how close-fitting they were and the fabric clung, stretching to give a little, and then pulled the rest over his head. He pulled it down over his bust, with a little twist. It fitted neatly, and felt nice.

Then he reached over and got the skirt. It was a blue straight skirt with white trim and a notch detail on the front left. He unfastened it, and placed his feet into it, and slid it up over his legs until the waistband was situated around his waist. And fastened it, it was a pretty snug fit, but do-able.

Last thing was the shell top, which was blue and white, and made of a similar fabric to the skirt. He pulled it on over his head, and pulled it down, it fit him pretty nicely.

He straightened himself out a bit until he thought he was looking satisfactory.

"Are you changed yet?" he called out to Beth.

"Just a mo..."

A minute or two later Beth called back...

"Okay I'm ready, are you?"

"Yes" he replied and stepped out from behind the screen.

Beth grinned, and Daniel felt a little shy, but not too much.

"You look great, Danni... how do you feel?"

"It feels funny, but really good I think, it's really smart"

"It is isn't it!" replied Beth.

"Great!"

"Now, let me show you a couple cool moves" Beth motioned the pair towards the full length mirror situated beside her dresser table "First, you'll need these..."

Beth walked over to her cupboard, and produced a pair of pom's "these... essential things" she handed them to Danni.

Positioned in front of the mirror, Beth walked Danni through a few simple steps and basic movements.

"You're a natural, and you look so cute, it really suits you... I'm quite jealous actually" she poked Danni in the side.

"It's a shame you can't join us on the team, I'm sure you'd fit in, well if it wasn't for, you know"

"I know" Danni shrugged in a downbeat manner.

The two mucked about and chatted for a little while, and all too soon enough it was time to get changed back.

"Sigh, I suppose".

*****

The next week, Monday lunchtime, Beth and Daniel were talking alone.

"Y'know Daniel, I was thinking about it, and I think I know a way we can wangle you onto the cheer team, just for a go like"

"Oh? Really? How?"

"Well... we could play it like you lost a bet, and you have to agree to join in for a game 'as punishment'" "Or, it was a dare, I dared that you'd never do it" "But you'd have to pretend like you hate it I think, to keep appearances like"

"Hmm... I'm not sure about that" Daniel pondered.

"Was just a thought, think about it"

"I will"

That evening Daniel thought about what Beth had suggested, laid on his bed listening to music. It did seem an enticing ruse.

"What if... hmm no, but then again... but it could be so much fun... what about Kelly, she'd be there" "I'd die if she found out I wasn't forced into it, about me..." "I'm being stupid... it does sound fantastic though, just imagine..." "I couldn't... could I? "It could just work, if we did it right, it could".

The next day, at lunchtime, the two friends met-up again.

"I was thinking about what you said yesterday" said Daniel to Beth.

"About my idea?"

"Yeah" "Well, do you think it would work?"

"I think it just might you know"

"What would we say, it was a bet?" enquired Daniel

"We could say that, yes"

"What sort of bet though, it has to be plausible"

"We could say we had a race" "You teased me that cheer wasn't a sport and you're fitter than me, something like that, maybe"

"We could, though you know I can run faster than you anyway, and it's not a sport..." teased Daniel, who received a shove as a result.

"Well, you're the greatest smoothest cyclist"

The pair laughed. That was Daniels excuse, if anyone was to notice he didn't have hair on his legs, that he shaved them for his cycling, 'it's a cyclist thing, don't you know'. Well it's only half a lie, nobody else need know the bigger half.

The two discussed it further, before the bell rang. It did seem a shame that such subterfuge and intrigue was necessary, but thus was the situation.

"Maths next... sigh" groaned Beth.

"I've got art, and you know I can't draw to save myself... and Mr Walker's annoying" replied Daniel.

*****

*
Plan's a go-go
*

Beth and Daniel met up at Beth's house that Tuesday evening.

"So it's on then?" asked Daniel.

"Yeppers, it's looking like it, you're not having second thoughts about it are you?"

"Of course"

"Well it's too late now, I've arranged it with the others'"

Beth had told a couple of friends from the cheer team that she'd bet with Daniel, and that he'd lost. She'd beaten him in a sprint race. As he'd been dismissive of the girls' and cheerleading as a whole, she had thought it would be funny, and appropriate, if he had to join them for a short half-time routine at a football game in a few weeks time. And that she hadn't thought through the implications prior, but she had it worked out now. If only the others agreed first.

Then the question of a boy in the team arose, 'how would that work?'. Beth had informed them that he'd wear her spare uniform, and she'd thought about all that stuff. He'd fit in her spare, and she'd give him a proper make-over... 'don't worry, you wouldn't know it wasn't your long lost sister!'.

This whole thing was apparently a bit weird to a couple of the girls, but they were okay, and to the rest there was amusement, teamed with a playful sense of 'we'll show him'.

"I hope it's not going to be vengeance time?" asked Daniel, questioningly, and a bit apprehensively.

"No no, it's all in good fun, I was careful to frame it right".

The two discussed how it was going to work. Beth was going to teach Daniel the moves they were going to be doing. It was only a brief routine. Half-time football show consists of 'we run on, do a quick routine, and run off, it's all over in 10 minutes'.

"You'll walk it" Beth re-assured.

"You'll have to come to a couple of our practices, to learn what to do with the others." "Don't worry, it's simple enough, you won't have a starring role" "You've come to watch us a few times before, you'll already know what to do I bet".

"Anyway, nobody appreciates us, there's only a few people there, and they're busy on their phones at half-time, or wondering what to have for tea". "It's a travesty really, such a travesty" Beth held the back of her hand to her forehead and feigned indignation.

That night Daniel lay in bed, unable to sleep again, with wandering thoughts in his mind. How will he act in front of the others... be confident, that's it, confidence. And if you don't have confidence, then 'fake it until you make it'. What's Kelly going to be like, he wondered. Him almost like an intruder in the group, though he wasn't intruding, they'd agreed to this. Confidence.

He played music around in his mind, one lyric appealed to him - "If you were a season you would be in bloom, I wish I had good reason to see you soon".

*****

As planned, Daniel met Beth at her house the next evening. The two were to walk from there to the sports centre where the girls practised for an hour or so. He was attired in his shorts, t-shirt, and training shoes (there was no need to look passable for practice), Beth was similarly attired in female versions.

"Hiya" said Daniel

"Hiya... ready Freddy?"

"Ready as ever" was Daniel's reply

"Let's do it! Positive mental attitude!" enthused Beth

They arrived at the sports centre soon enough, and the two signed-in at the reception, and Beth led Daniel through a corridor to the hall where practice was held. Daniel could hear the chatter from the far end of the corridor, and his stomach turned knots. He reminded himself 'be brave' and 'fake it until you make it', though his stomach was telling him different.

Beth greeted her friends cheerily, and introduced the loser of the bet. As had been planned, he looked rather like he didn't want to be there, but was only there as a good sport. It wasn't hard to play the part though, as he was nervous enough to be sure it showed on his face. But the story had to be adhered to. That he was a good sport, and that 'if a job's worth doing...'.

After the introductions, and some friendly banter, the group settled into getting some work done. They guided Daniel in some basic steps that he was privately already familiar with, and did a good enough job that a couple of the girls commented that he was a natural and 'sure you haven't done this before?'. A question answered with a sheepish denial.

One keen observer noticed his legs were shaved, and enquired if he was practising shaving in readiness too. To which he replied that he was a keen cyclist, and it was a cycling thing... don't you know. The answer sufficed, and she learnt something new.

Time past too quickly. By the time Daniel was settling in and relaxed enough to enjoy things, it was time to wind things down. Lots of friendly banter and goodbye's were exchanged, and Daniel and Beth departed together.

"That went well I think, don't you think?" asked Beth

"Yeah... it was fun actually, I was starting to enjoy it"

"I knew would, I knew you'd fit in, they're a good bunch" "And notice you didn't get too much stick, I warned them not to milk it"

"Thanks Beth" Daniel smiled

Next practice was Friday evening, same time, same place. Though when they said practice, most of the time was spent chatting and messing about, as Daniel found out to his amusement.

"More of a social get-together isn't it" he joked to Beth

"Shh... don't let on" was the reply

The plan was that they'd meet together again next week, Wednesday and Friday evenings. And that that following Sunday was a football game that he'd be participating in the half-time routine in. That was the plan.

Further, he was to go to Beth's house that Sunday morning to get changed into their uniforms, and do make-up and get ready. Then they'd walk the 5 mins to the football park where the match was, meeting the other girls there. This would be do-able, and Beth's parents were due to be out of the house all morning visiting relatives. This allowed the two to sneak out without the parents catching them and recognising Daniel/Danni. That would cause a whole world of problems.

The intervening days dragged slowly, and much of Daniel's attention was on what was going to happen, how fun it could be, or how badly it could go wrong. Too much time to think is a bad thing, for sure.

Sunday morning came around soon enough, and Daniel was in his bedroom, just out of the shower, when he got a text from Beth. The text caused alarm and increased anxiety immediately, and was followed a minute later with a call from Beth. Disaster had struck, Beth's parents weren't going visiting relatives after all, they had changed their plans last minute.

"What are we going to do now? They can't see me, I'm not 'that' passable that they wouldn't know it's me!?"

"I know, I know... I'm thinking..." Beth replied

"How about... I have an idea... I'll get back to you in a few minutes, got to make a call" Beth added

Daniel wondered what her idea was, and who she was calling now, he was soon to find out, and if he thought his stomach did all sorts of turns before, now there was worse to come.

"Danni?" Beth had called him back on his phone

"Yes?"

"I've got a solution, but I'm not sure how you'll like it"

"I don't know, what is it?" Daniel was apprehensive at the words and tone

"Well we can still do this... if we go round to Kelly's house and get changed there, her parents are out and she said she's cool with it"

There was a pause.

"Shit... I don't know about that, you know how I feel"

"I know Danni, but it's our only option if we want to do this, and she really is cool about it, you can do it, I know you can"

"Can I call you back, I need to think about this" said Daniel

"Sure, okay, but we don't have long"

Inner turmoil struck hard. Oh what a tangled web we weave... The best laid schemes of mice and men... 'Oh shut up' he told himself. Daniel thought, he had to go with the change of plan, he wasn't going to pull out now. Be brave, be a man! He called Beth back.

"Okay, let's do it then"

"Good, you know it'll be good, we'll have fun, you'll see"

Daniel made his way round to Beth's house and rang the doorbell.

"Hi Daniel!"

"Hi Mrs C!"

"She's just coming" "How are you?"

"I'm fine thanks Mrs C, you?"

"Good, good"

"Well you two have fun!" Beth's mum said as the two left together.

"Got everything?" asked Daniel

"I sure do, we'll have a blast, you'll see"

The two arrived at Kelly's house, and Daniel was filled with trepidation, his stomach was turning again, and his heart beating fast... 'be strong', 'fake it until you make it'.

"Hi Kelly!" chimed Beth as Kelly answered the door

"Hey you two!" she smiled

"Well? All clear?" whispered Beth

"All clear" was the reply "You know you really are a great sport doing this Daniel, most guys would have backed out, but not you" "I'm impressed" Kelly smiled at him

"Erm... thanks" Daniel smiled back nervously

"I thought you can get changed in the bathroom if that's okay, you'll have privacy there, while us girls get changed in my room"

"Yeah... erm... okay"

Kelly led the way upstairs to her bedroom. As they entered Daniel took in the scene, Kelly's room was decorated even more nicely than Beth's. White decor mainly, with lots of pink accents. He admired it inwardly. Beth placed her bag down on the pink carpeted bedroom floor, and proceeded to take out her's and Daniels uniforms. Well, this was it.

"Here you go Daniel, the bathroom's just on the left if you want to go through and get changed"

"Sure... okay" he said, taking the items gingerly from Beth's hands, blushing slightly at the underwear on top of the uniform and what Kelly must be thinking.

"Do you know how everything goes on?" enquired Kelly

"Yes, we did a trial run the other day" Beth replied for Daniel

"Oh good, such a trooper"

Daniel took his things through to the bathroom, and locked the door behind himself. 'Deep breaths' he told himself. He remembered the first time he'd tried the uniform on, those short weeks ago. And repeated the process again, he took his time making sure everything was just right and he was presentable. 'Here goes nothing' he said to himself, pulling at the hem of his skirt and straightening it, before unlocking the bathroom door and stepping out. He crossed the landing over to Kelly's bedroom door.

"Are you two ready? Can I come through yet?"

"Give us a minute..."

"Okay, you can come through now"

He thought he heard Kelly saying something along the lines of she was dying to see what he looked like. He braced himself and peered round the half-open bedroom door.

"Don't just stand there dopey" said Beth "Come in"

He entered rather shyly, though as confidently as he could. There they were, the three of them, looking at each other, and Beth laughed a little.

"You look so nervous, chin up Daniel, it'll be okay"

Daniel smiled.

"We'll have to get our make-up done now, and I'll do yours and your hair Daniel" said Beth "I wonder what we can do with you"

She pretended like she wasn't sure what to do. On the contrary, the two of them had experimented with styles and looks plenty of times, and Daniel knew how to do his/her own make-up and hair. But, now was not the time for such honesty. Pretences had to be maintained.

Daniel sat down on a chair beside a dressing table, at Beth's behest.

"What to do, what to do" she feigned ignorance

Kelly looked on observantly.

"Your hairs just long enough to do something nice with, and I'm glad you washed and conditioned like I suggested" "Here, I'm sure I can work wonders with you".

And she did work wonders, soon Daniel was pretty unrecognisable as his former self, and to the casual observer looked like a girl, very passably so.

"He has got great eyelashes" remarked Kelly "I wish mine were like that" "And the bone structure"

"I know, huh" said Beth "He makes a pretty convincing girl, I did tell you"

At that moment Kelly's face lit up like a light bulb had gone off above her head.

"Ooh! Ooh! I know..."

"What?" Daniel and Beth replied together

"Well I just thought, we can't call you Daniel, not looking like that, so how about... Danni!!!"

"That's a brilliant idea Kelly!" exclaimed Beth, looking at Daniel, the pair trying to stop from laughing.

"Rub it in why don't you" was Danni's reply, trying to look po-faced, and a grudging sport.

"Danni it is then!" said Beth, nodding approvingly.

"We all ready to go then? Don't want to be late"

"Ready Freddy"

The three made sure they were looking their best, and left Kelly's house for the park, a good ten minutes walk away. They chatted along the way, the two other girls checking that Danni knew what to do, and what was expected.

Upon arrival at the park they met-up with the rest of the group, and with amongst the greetings were astonished comments about Daniel's transformation.

"You weren't kidding when you said you'd give him a good makeover" was one girl's comment

"I told you, didn't I, have a little faith" replied Beth

Danni wasn't sure where to look at times, but tried to be relaxed as much as she could, like how she was with the other girls during their practice get-togethers.

They watched a boring football match ensue, chattering and sharing tit-bits of gossip all the while.

There was a small spectatorship, mainly of friends and family of the players, a few family of the girls', and a few passers-by, oh, and one man and his dog.

They got ready for action when it got nearer the time, and when the whistle blew for half-time they readied to go onto the pitch and do their show for the spectators and assembled adoring masses.

All went well, and all looked and performed their parts with practised ease, including the new girl that nobody paid much attention to. She performed her role admirably.

Then almost as soon as it had begun, their time was up, and they departed the field for the sidelines again.

"Told you nobody appreciates us here" said Beth, mock indignation on her face again.

"You did really well!" was heard from several of the team, directed at Danni.

"You did really well Danni, you were great!" chirped Kelly.

"Yes, you're a natural, you'd be an asset to the team, really... it's a pity you couldn't join in more often!" was one girls' comment.

Beth looked at Danni with a smile.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking...?"

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

My second story. It was a

HeatherAckroyd's picture

My second story. It was a long time in the making, but I hope it's worth it and you enjoy!

**********
Heather Ackroyd

This definitely ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... needs a sequel, or maybe it could be chapter 1 in a serial. Very good/sweet!

BE a lady!

Murphy appears

Jamie Lee's picture

What a neat little story, but only the beginning of a story which needs completed.

Every time someone tries to keep the parents in the dark, Murphy usually makes an appearance. This time a work around was found, but that isn't always the case.

After the "bet" was paid, what Danni hoped seemed on the verge of coming true. Will it?

Others have feelings too.

Thanks for the replies, I

HeatherAckroyd's picture

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the feedback. I sort of agree, it would be nice for a sequel, I'll have to think on what that could be. I'm not a confident or prolific writer by any means, so writing more is easier said than done!

**********
Heather Ackroyd

Please do a sequel

gillian1968's picture

Fun story.

My sons were avid soccer players. When the team got into the state tournament, the school cheerleaders attended to help encourage them. They made it all the way to the finals.

Gillian Cairns

This was a fine cheerleader

This was a fine cheerleader story. More stories please.

Kathleen