Popular

Printer-friendly version

Popular.jpgPopular
a Timber Grove Story
by TGTrinity
cover by bela04

///// Chapter One
///// "The Wish"

Devon slammed the door behind him and crashed onto his bed. Tears were streaming down his face as he grabbed a pillow and sobbed like a baby. This over emotional showing on his part made him feel even worse, and soon he was finding it hard to breath.

His ears perked up when he heard a knocking at the door, and he tried to gather himself enough to respond without sounding like he was crying. "Yes," he said as manly as he could muster.

"You okay in there, chief?"

It was Devon's father, and he obviously knew that something was wrong. It was just the two of them living in the house since Devon's mother had passed away, and their bond had only strengthened as they helped each other with the shared grief. They would sit on the porch overlooking the pacific ocean and have long talks about life, while sharing fun stories about his mother. They had become friends, and that meant there was little he could do to hide his emotions.

"I'm fine," Devon called out, doing his best to stifle the crying.

"Can I come in?" He saw no reason in hiding something that his father was plainly aware of, so he did his best to dry his eyes before walking over to the door and opening it. "I knew it," his dad said as he rested his hands on his son's shoulders, "a bad day at school?"

"Yeah," Devon said as he wiped his nose before walking over and sitting on his bed. "The guys were picking on me again," he said as he opened his backpack and pulled out some papers that had been torn up.

"What about?" His father asked as he sat down and began to look through the pictures. He already had a good idea what his son was being picked on about, and the papers verified it. His son was a very gifted artist, and he became a big fan of Anime when he was a kid watching Pokemon. This led to him reading and watching anything Anime that he could get his hands on through his teenage years. During this time he was also growing into his own sexually, so naturally the two came together in the form of Devon drawing anime girls in his spare time. "They went through your sketch book again?"

"Yeah," Devon said as the tears and sobbing had finally abided. "They called me a pervert for drawing thos girls and started passing them around the school."

"Well," his father said before taking a moment to pause. He was proud of his sons drawing ability, but he had recently turned eighteen and was still drawing girls instead of talking to them. He wanted to support his son, but at the same time he knew that the road he was on could possibly be a very lonely one. "Well, you have nothing to be ashamed of," he finally said, "and you only have a month left before you graduate."

"I know," Devon said with a whimper, "but sometimes I wish that I could be as popular as the High School kids on Crunchy Roll... They all have different abilities and looks, but are popular all the same."

His father was at a loss for words again. When he was in High School, he was fairly popular and hung out with the "cool" kids. Afternoons were spent at any number of sport practices, while the nights involved him getting drunk and causing trouble. Having a son that took more after his mother's petite frame meant that most sports were out of the question, not that Devon would want to play anyway. It was a wide gulf that separated the two, and no matter how close they had become it was one his father could still not easily navigate.

"Popularity isn't something you should seek, Dev," he said as he wrapped an arm around his son, "it's just something that happens. You should just focus on having a few good friends, and go from there." He was hoping that what he was saying did not come out as an insult, and he saw that his son didn't take it as one.

"Thanks, dad," he said as he gave him a side hug.

"No problem," he added as he got up and walked to the door. "You're going to be just fine," his dad said with a big smile, "because it's Taco Tuesday."

Devon let out a little laugh that his father added to before closing the door and walking away. Devon was grateful to have a father that was so supportive of him, and he wished that he could be stronger for him. Instead he would try and focus on not being so emotional, as he knew his dad was still dealing with his own issues.

"Okay," Devon said under his breath as he shuffled all of his pictures together and began to see what he could save, and what would have to go. He was saddened again to find that many of the pictures would be unsalvageable, but he heart leapt as he came upon one of this favorite pictures that he had ever drawn. It was a picture of a girl with long blonde hair and the prettiest face that he had ever been able to draw. He was good at drawing the bodies of girls, and had gotten particularly well at drawing their oversized breasts, but the face had eluded him for a long time. He didn't know how he had gotten this girl so right, but the sight of her made his heart flutter.

"I bet you're popular," he said as he hung the picture up on a corkboard on the wall. He then turned to look at himself at the large mirror that was against the wall and sighed deeply. A very skinny young man looked back at him, with a mop of reddish brown hair and a face covered in acne. The shirt that he wore was a medium, yet it still hung on his frame like he was a skeleton underneath. The only reason that he had the mirror in his room at all was the fact that it had belonged to his mother. He often tried to avoid it at all costs as it reminded him of his tortured reality, and one of the reasons he had taken to drawing was to escape reality.

Only now he was wishing he could do more than just escape it.

"I just wish that I was more popular," he told the mirror before letting out a dejected sigh, then something truly peculiar happened. The frame around the mirror seemed to glow a soft pink as the image of him began to swirl. It was like an effect he had seen on his anime shows a dozen times, only this time it was real. "Oh, shit... What's happening!?" Devon called out as he struggled to move from where he was, but he found that he was incapable of doing so.

The pink light soon enveloped the entire mirror, and then it seemed to explode out into the room. For a moment everything around Devon was a bright pink, and then everything faded quickly to black.

Devon was breathing heavily as he struggled to open his eyes as they stung like he had just jumped into the ocean. Everything was blurry, and after a moment he was able to make out the mirror in front of him. At first he was only able to see the soft pink frame, but then an image began to come out of the blur. He had to blink a couple of times to verify what he was seeing, but it certainly looked like the blonde girl he had drawn and hung on the wall.

Only she wasn't a drawing. She was really right there in front of him standing in the mirror where Devon's reflection should be. He raised a hand to reach out and touched her, then froze as she did the same. "Oh, God," he whispered, but it was not his voice that came out of his lips.

He was the girl in the mirror.

"What the hell," Devon whispered in a voice that a soft soprano. She was wearing a pink and white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and enough buttons undone up top that she could... "I have breasts," she said in a louder voice as she quickly undid the shirt to reveal two very large breasts in a flattering pink bra.

"What's happening!?" She exclaimed as she turned around and saw that she was certainly all woman, and a very attractive one a that. It was also then that she noticed that her room had also changed. Where anime posters and doodles had once hung instead showed pictures of flowers with black and white photos taped to the frames. A pink bedspread was on her bed, with at least a dozen big white pillows placed at one end.

Clothes were strewn across the floor in an incredible display of disorganization, with bras, panties and bikinis that seemed rather small mixed in. As her heart seemed to beat out of control, something caught her eye next to a large white bra laying on the ground beside her bed. Devon cautiously walked over and picked up a small pink device that began to vibrate the moment it got in her hand.

"Oh, fuck," Devon said as she finally succumbed to the shock of it all, and fell softly onto her bed.

///// TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed reading this story, please visit my personal site at TGTrinity.com. The site has exclusive stories that have been commissioned, as well as info on how you can commission me to bring your ideas to life. I'd also invite you to visit captions.tgtrinity.com to see my new work with captions, find out how to support me on Patreon at Patreon.com/tgtrinity and visit agearts.com to see new exclusive stories.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ho boy

Jamie Lee's picture

Devon got his wish, but how? And since the bedroom has changed perhaps everything in his life has changed?

Need more of this story to find out.

Others have feelings too.

OMG! I'm a Girl!

(Fade to black). Giggles! And a pretty one too. Nice pic Trinity! Loving Hugs Talia