My Fathers Secret Part 21

Printer-friendly version


© June 2016


Chapter Thirty Six: Wish You Were Here.

    Jessica had spoke to Kirstin a lot over the past week on the phone and by texting each other, but they hadn’t seen much if each other due to Kirstin’s new job working for Tony.

    The car that would take them to the train station arrived, and the driver put their cases in the trunk of the car after he’d helped Joan and Jessica to get in the car. Jessica thought about the fact that this would be the first time she and Kirstin had been apart since they got back together.

     “You must be looking forward to seeing Jane, if nothing else.” Joan said once they were settled on the train and pulling out of the station.

     “I am.” Jessica smiled. “It just feels weird to be going away and leaving Kirstin behind.” She added with a sigh. “I know that makes me selfish.”

     “No it doesn’t, it just means you love her, and don’t like being away from the love of your life, but it will do you good to spend some time apart every once in a while.” Joan said as she reached across the table and took hold of Jessica’s hand.

    Jessica was soon listening to some music on her iPod, while Joan got a book out her bag and was sat reading that as the scenery outside shot past. Jessica thought she must have fallen asleep because they seemed to be arriving in London sooner than she expected. The two of them grabbed their cases and made their way off the train and off to find the driver from the hotel.

     “Jess...! Jess...!” Came an excited female voice that Jessica knew only too well. She couldn’t help but smile when she saw Jane waving like a lunatic as she dodged her way through the other passengers from the train until she was finally able to throw her arms around Jessica and hug the stuffing out of her.

     “Hi Jane.” Jessica giggled as she hugged Jane back. “What are you doing here?” Jessica asked with a little shock in her voice.

     “I got a call from Kirstin saying that you’d been a little down the past couple of days because she couldn’t come down with you.” Jane pouted. “So I said I would come and meet you off the train and make sure you have a good time.” She added in a determined tone just before she gave Joan a hug.” Hi Joan.”

     “I’ll be alright.” Jessica smiled.

     “Damn skippy you will.” Jane shot back as she linked her arm through Jessica’s and started pulling her in the direction of the car.

    Damn skippy...?” Jessica asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “Sorry, but we’ve had a couple of Australian clients in this week, and I’ve picked up some knew words.” Jane giggled. “I’ve been driving my sisters mad.” She added with more giggling.

     “Hello David.” Joan said when Jane led the three of them to a parking area where David had his large black Mercedes waiting for them.

     “Hello Joan, Jessica.” David smiled as he took their cases off them and placed them in the trunk of his car while Jane helped Joan and Jessica get in the car. Joan got in the front with David, while Jane leapt in the back with Jessica.

     “I am so glad that you both arrived.” David said once he was pulling out into traffic. “She’s been driving me insane all afternoon.” David added as he looked at an overly excited Jane sat in the back of the car keeping Jessica entertained with her stories about the two Australian clients she’d had in the changing service.

     “I gather she can be quite the handful?” Joan asked as she tried not to giggle at Jane doing her version of an Australian accent.

     “You have no idea.” David groaned.

     “When did you speak to Kirstin?” Jessica asked when she was finally able to get a word in while Jane had stopped to take in more air.

     “I talk to her all the time.” Jane said it as if Jessica should already know all this. “I need to make sure you’re doing okay.” Jane added with a grin.

     “Then why not just talk to me?” Jessica looked confused.

     “I do speak to you, but all you ever say is that you’re fine, and sometimes I can tell you’re anything but fine.” Jane sounded just a little too smug with herself.

     “I just don’t like to bother people with my problems.” Jessica sighed.

     “But that’s what friends are for, so tell me your problems.” Jane said as she twisted in her seat ready for Jessica to spill her guts.

     “I don’t actually have any problems as such.” Jessica tried to explain. “I just feel moody some of the time.”

     “That’s normal for girls like us.” Jane waved of Jessica’s worries. “You’ve got a ton of female hormones flowing through you, so you’re bound to feel the effects.” Jane explained.

     “I was just hoping to see some changes by now as well.” Jessica sighed sadly. “I’m not even sure the drugs are working on me.”

     “It takes time, and judging by the mood swings Kirstin keeps telling me about, I would say that the drugs are most definitely working.” Jane grinned as she poked Jessica in the side making her let out a squeal.

     “Have my mood swings been bothering her.” Jessica asked with worry in her voice as she rubbed her side where Jane had just poked her.

     “Don’t do that...” Jane said in a warning tone as she pointed her finger in Jessica’s direction ready to poke her again.

     “Don’t do what?” Jessica looked confused.

     “Don’t start worrying about whether or not Kirstin is sick of your mood swings.” Jane frowned, which Jessica thought was an odd look for Jane, as she was normally grinning and happy. “That way madness lie MMMM...” Jane added in her best Yoda voice just before she started to giggle again.

    Jessica was snapped out of her mood at this point because the sight of Jane doing Yoda impressions was enough to make anyone laugh. Joan smiled from the front seat when she saw that Jane had managed to cheer Jessica up.

    David was soon pulling into the hotel and a couple of bell boys ran over and got Joan and Jessica’s cases out the truck once David had opened it for them. Jayden was waiting to great them in the lobby when they entered the hotel.

     “Hello Joan, Jessica.” Jayden smiled as she walked over to them and gave them both a hug. “I hope the trip down here wasn’t too bad?” Jayden asked.

     “The train was a lot busier than normal, but we survived.” Joan smiled.

     “We’ll get you up to your room so you can relax before you come down for some dinner in the restaurant.” Jayden said as she led the way over to the elevators.

    Joan had booked a normal suite with two single beds in, so she looked a little puzzled when she saw Jayden place one of the key cards in the slot to allow them up to the penthouse suites.

     “Where are we going?” Joan asked.

     “To the penthouse, where else?” Jayden said in a matter of fact way.

     “But we didn’t pay for the penthouse.” Joan pointed out.

     “True, but the orders came from Carl himself.” Jayden started to explain. “Carl said he wanted to repay the favour you did him by giving Dawn a job and helping her to get visitation rights with her children.”

     “I should be the one thanking Carl for sending Dawn to me.” Joan argued. “She’s worth her weight in gold.” Joan added.

     “Good luck trying to convince Carl of that.” Jayden chuckled.

     “He really didn’t need to do any of this, but thank him for me when you next see him.” Joan smiled.

    They were soon stepping out of the elevator and making their way into the same penthouse they had stopped in the last two times they had been here. Jessica made her way out onto the patio where the pool was, so she could take in the view which still took her breath away. Jane was still pinned to Jessica’s side, which she was glad about, because she was really missing Kirstin at this minute.

     “I love the view from up here.” Jane said with a sigh as she leaned her head on Jessica’s shoulder as she wrapped an arm around her waist.

     “Me too.” Jessica agreed with a sigh of her own.

    Jessica was soon getting her phone out and snapping a couple of photos and sending them to Kirstin, she then snapped a couple of Jane as she tried to hide and she screamed she didn’t look pretty enough to have her photo taken. Jessica found it so funny that she switched her phone to video mode and then started chasing Jane around on the patio and back into the penthouse. The two of them finally collapsed onto the sofas in the living room and giggled as they tried to get their breaths back

     “Are you not working today?” Jessica finally asked once she had her breath back.

     “Nope. Carl gave me the night off so I could keep you and Joan company.” Jane grinned. “I hope you don’t mind?” Jane asked with some worry showing.

     “I don’t mind at all.” Jessica grinned as she threw her arms around Jane and hugged her while they lay on the sofa.

    Joan joined them on the sofas after she walked Jayden back to the elevator and she decided to sit on one of the other sofas so she didn’t get attacked by the giggle twins.

     “I hope you will join us for dinner Jane?” Joan asked after finding out that Carl had given her the night off to keep Jessica company.

     “I’d like that a lot.” Jane said with a smile plastered across her face.

    Joan poured them all a glass of wine out and they went out on the patio to take in the view while they talked about life. Jane filled them in on all the gossip she knew, and how the plans were going for her salon which Carl was going to be a silent partner in.

     “Don’t you find the thought of running your own business a little scary?” Jessica asked.

     “I find it a lot scary, but styling hair is the one thing I don’t screw up.” Jane admitted.

     “You do have a lot of support to help keep you out of trouble though.” Joan pointed out.

     “That is the only reason I’m even giving it a go.” Jane frowned. “That and Carl is really good when it comes to sorting out a business plan.”

     “I’ll have to make sure I come and get my hair done with you when I come down to visit.” Jessica grinned.

     “You better...!” Jane pouted. “I won’t be happy if I find out you’ve been to someone else. She added as she playfully slapped Jessica on the arm.

     “I don’t know about you two, but I’m ready for something to eat.” Joan said as she looked at the time on her wrist watch.

    Jane and Jessica jumped up and cleared the glasses away before the three of them made their way down to the Restaurant.

    Jayden was down in lobby when the three of them stepped out of the elevator. “Are you ready to get something to eat ladies?” Jayden asked as she greeted them at the desk.

     “Yes, we’re ready to enjoy some more of the hotels amazing food.” Jessica grinned.

     “Follow me, and I will get you sorted out with a good table.” Jayden said as she led the way into the restaurant. “I was sorry to hear about Kirstin not being able to come with you.” Jayden added as she looked at Jessica.

     “So am I. But she’s just found herself a new job, and it wouldn’t be fair for her to ask for time off after just starting.” Jessica explained.

     “No it wouldn’t be very good of her to ask for time off right away.” Jayden agreed. “What sort of work is she doing?”

     “She’s a hostess at a restaurant.” Jessica said with pride.

     “Oh yes, I remember now. She had a spot of trouble at the old place she worked with the area manager.” Jayden said.

     “Yes she did, but this new place is much better, and the only person to worry about is the owner, and he asks all the ladies to marry him” Jessica laughed as she thought about Tony and the harmless fun her was always having with them. “But if you ask me, I think he really wants to marry mother.” Jessica added in a fake whisper.

     “Hey...! I can hear you young lady.” Joan said as she playfully slapped Jessica across the arm.

     “Hey babe...!” A deep male voice said just before Jane let out a scream and ran back out of the restaurant.

    Jessica, Joan and Jayden all turned just in time to see Jane jump up into her boyfriend’s arms and start to kiss him.

     “That girl has no shame.” Jayden smiled as she watched Jane and her boyfriend Mark kissing in the middle of the lobby.

     “What are you doing here?” Jane asked once they stopped kissing and Jane started to drag Mark over to where Jessica and the others were stood.

     “I’ve just finished going over some plans for the salon with Carl, and I was off to get a bite to eat while I waited for you to get done, but I can see that you’re not actually working.” Mark looked puzzled as he spoke.

     “I told you last night that I was taking a night off to cheer Jessica up because Kirstin wasn’t going to be able to make it down this weekend.” Jane sounded annoyed with Mark as she slapped his chest.

     “Sorry babe, I must have missed that conversation.” Mark blushed.

     “I blame that silly football you like to watch.” Jane grumbled as she slapped mark again.

     “Hey...! Stop hitting me.” Mark said as he pulled Jane into another hug so he could pin Jane’s arms at her side.

     “You’re welcome to join us if you wish to Mark?” Joan said as she smiled at the two of them teasing each other.

     “Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn’t want to intrude.” Mark replied.

     “You wouldn’t be intruding, and it was good of Jane to give up her time to keep us company.” Joan said as she waved off Marks reply. “Let us go and eat.” She added as she turned and made her way into the restaurant just behind Jayden.

    Jayden soon had them sorted out with a table and she waved over a waitress to sort out their orders. Joan asked Jayden if she wanted to join them, but she had to get back to reception to carry on sorting out problems that some of the other guests were having.

     “How did the two of you meet?” Joan asked Jane and Mark while they waited for the food to be brought out to them.

     “He noticed me at the club and kept asking me out until Chrissy and Amy talked me into going out with him on a date.” Jane said before Mark could get a word in.

     “I get the feeling that there is a little more to how you two met.” Joan said with a raised eyebrow.

    Mark smiled and Jane gave him a pleading look that was asking him not to say anything, but Mark ignored Jane and spoke anyway. “I first noticed Jane when she was working at the club.” Mark chuckled at a memory he was having of their first meeting. “Jane always leaves out the part where I got drenched when she threw a tray of drinks over me.”

     “I didn’t throw the tray at you, I tripped.” Jane argued.

     “You tripped over your own feet.” Mark pointed out.

     “So the first time you saw Jane was when she soaked you with a tray of drinks?” Jessica giggled as she slapped her hand over her mouth in shock that Jane could leave out such a detail.

     “Yep, and I still state to this day that she did it on purpose so I would ask her out.” Mark laughed as he tried to stop Jane slapping him again.

     “Okay smarty pants. If I did soak you on purpose, why did I keep turning you down every time you asked me out?” Jane sounded smug.

     “You were just playing hard to get.” Mark shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal.

     “You’re so full of yourself.” Jane said just before she stuck her tongue out at him, acting like a small child.

     “If I’m so full of myself babe, then how come you’re now my girlfriend?” Mark asked with the same smug grin plastered across his face.

     “I felt sorry for you.” Jane lied badly.

     “I know you felt sorry for me after you threw the second tray of drinks over me.” Mark grinned.

     “She threw two trays of drinks over you...?” Joan asked with a shocked look on her face just before she started to giggle.

     “That second tray of drinks wasn’t mine.” Jane said in her own defence.

     “True, it wasn’t, but it was your fault.” Mark placed a finger on Jane’s lips so all that came out of her mouth were mumbles as Jane tried to explain. “She was fluttering around me like a small bird as she tried to help get me dry, when she bumped into another waitress and ended up throwing that tray all over me as well.” Mark explained for her. Jane was saved from any more embarrassment when the food arrived and they all started eating.

    They all ate in silence for a while until Jessica asked mark a question. “I hope you don’t mind me asking you this Mark, but don’t you worry about Jane not being able to give you children?”

     “I guess normally I would, but I can’t give Jane, or any other women children.” Mark said it like it wasn’t a big deal before going on to explain why. “I had some sort of an illness as a child which left me firing blanks for want of a better way of putting it.”

     “I’m sorry to hear that Mark.” Jessica blushed at making Mark tell them something so personal.

     “Please don’t worry about it, because I would still want Jane, even if I could help a woman conceive.” Mark smiled as he reached over and took hold of Jane’s hand.

     “We plan to adopt as many kids as they will let us.” Jane answered Jessica’s unasked question.

     “Are you worried about Kirstin, and the fact you won’t be able to give her children once you had the final surgery?” Mark asked.

     “Yes, I’m worried that I’m being selfish by letting Kirstin stop with me.” Jessica admitted with sadness in her voice.

     “Having met Kirstin, I don’t think you’re making her do anything.” Mark said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

     “You do know how Cathy and the others all had their kids don’t you?” Jane asked.

     “I’m not sure on all the details, but I think it had something to do with sperm donors.” Jessica shrugged.

     “It did, but the donors were Cathy, Chrissy and Amy.” Jane grinned. “Mother, I mean Prue froze some of their sperm before they had the final surgery, and then she implanted Sarah, Becky and Amber with it when they were ready to have kids.” Jane was excited and clapping her hands together.

     “Do you think Prue could do something like that for me?” Jessica asked with hope in her voice.

     “If I know mother, I bet she’s already done it.” Jane grinned. “She would have done it when she did all those tests the last time you were down here.” Jane explained when she saw the puzzled look on Jessica’s face.

     “I’m getting all excited about having kids one day, and I don’t even know if Kirstin wants kids.” Jessica said looking worried all of a sudden.

     “Having seen the way Kirstin is with Debbie’s babies, I would say yes she does.” Joan smiled as she took hold of Jessica’s hand to help calm her down.

     “You need to stop trying to control everything, and just enjoy the ride.” Mark said in his best hippy surfer dude voice.

     “I know you’re scared of losing Kirstin again Jess, but I’ve spoken to her about lots of things, and she’s stuck to you like superglue.” Jane promised.

    Jessica wanted to ask Jane why Kirstin was speaking to her and not saying anything about it, but she thought it best to wait and ask Kirstin herself later, or when she was able to get hold of her.

*****

     “Are you sure you don’t want me to come back up to the penthouse with you?” Jane asked when they were stood out in the lobby of the hotel after their evening meal.

     “I’m sure Jane, please go and spend time with that man of yours.” Jessica smiled as she looked at Jane stood next to Mark. “It’s been a long day and I could do with an early night ready for tomorrow.” Jessica added with worry in her voice. She was not looking forward to her session with Sarah the next day.

     “I know it’s not fun talking about your past and all your feelings, but Sarah is only trying to help you understand who you are.” Jane said as she stepped over and gave Jessica a hug. “Just be the real you, and not the tomboy you of old.” Jane added with a grin.

     “Okay, and thanks for putting up with me.” Jessica grinned back.

     “I’m just doing what my sisters did for me, and I’m glad you have Dawn to lean on back home.” Jane hugged Jessica even tighter before letting her go.

     “Thanks Mark for the talk tonight; you really helped me understand some stuff.” Jessica said as she reached out her hand to shake his, but she was shocked when he pulled her in and gave her a hug. Jessica felt so tiny in his arms as her head was pressed against his chest.

     “I’m glad I could help, and I’ll get Jane to pass on my mobile number so you can call me anytime you need to chat about stuff.” Mark said as he broke the hug and smiled down at her.

    Jessica and Joan waved to Jane and Mark as they left the hotel, and then they returned to their suite so they could relax for the rest of the evening.

    Joan had just poured them both a glass of wine out when Jessica’s cell phone rang and Jessica smiled as she knew the ring tone belonged to Kirstin.

     “I’m going to talk in my room...!” Jessica said as she jumped up and grabbed her wine glass on the way to her room. “Hi babe...!” Jessica shouted into her phone once she was in her room and sitting on the edge of her bed.

     “Hey sweetie, how was your evening?” Kirstin’s voice said on the other end of the phone.

     “It was alright, but it would have been better if you’d been here with me.” Jessica said with a pout in her voice.

     “I know babe, but I’m sure you had some company to keep you entertained.” Kirstin hinted.

     “You know I did.” Jessica frowned. “Jane told me all about your little chats.”

     “I told her not to say anything about them.” Kirstin sounded annoyed.

     “Did you really expect Jane to keep your chats a secret?” Jessica asked with humour in her voice.

     “You do have a good point.” Kirstin laughed, knowing what Jane was like.

     “But thank you for being worried about me, and Jane did help me to enjoy the evening.” Jessica said happily. “I actually had a good talk with Mark as well.” Jessica sounded surprised.

     “What did you speak to Mark about?” Kirstin asked sounding a little puzzled as to what Jessica and Mark would have in common.

     “We ended up talking about kids.” Jessica started. “Did you know that he can’t have kids?” Jessica added.

     “Of course silly, he’s a man, and men can’t have babies.” Kirstin made it sound like Jessica was being an idiot.

     “I don’t mean like that.” Jessica frowned. “I mean he was ill as a child and it left him unable to provide active sperm.”

     “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” Kirstin sounded a little ashamed that she had just tried to make a joke out of what Jessica was trying to explain.

     “That’s what I said when he told me, but he said that he and Jane are a perfect match given that she won’t be able to ever give him kids anyway.”

     “Jane was telling me that she and Mark plan to adopt when it’s time to start a family.” Kirstin said.

     “Yes, speaking of you and Jane talking.” Jessica said in a suspicious tone. “When were you planning to tell me about these little chats you and Jane keep having?”

     “I just thought they would help me to help you deal with all the changes in your life.”Kirstin tried to explain. “I wanted to know what to expect when you started taking the hormones and blockers.”

     “Was she able to help?” Jessica asked.

     “Yes, and we’ve become good friends.” Kirstin had a smile in her voice. “You’ve found a really good friend in Jane.”

     “I know I have.” Jessica smiled back. “I do have something I need to ask you, but I’m not sure if it might be a little early in our relationship to ask.” Jessica started to babble.

     “Yes I do.” Kirstin said on the other end of the phone.

     “Yes you do what?” Jessica asked with worry in her voice. Jessica was worried that Kirstin thought she might have just tried to propose marriage.

     “Yes I want to have some babies with you.” Kirstin giggled, as she knew the worried tone in Jessica’s voice. “I also plan to do the other thing with you as well one day.” She added with a purr.

     “Do you know how we will have to conceive the babies?” Jessica asked nervously, worried that Kirstin didn’t understand how it would all work.

     “Yes I understand it more than you do. I spoke with Sara, Amber and Becky at the barbecue.” Kirstin explained. “I would have spoken with you sooner, but every time I tried to talk about us being together long term, you always tried to push me away, so I started speaking to Jane and her sisters.”

     “I’ve just been so worried about you making a mistake by being with me.” Jessica admitted.

     “Not being with you would be the mistake.” Kirstin said with pleading in her voice for Jessica to believe her. “I think we both felt like something was missing when we were apart, maybe you felt it before then, but we have a chance to be happy together, and I for one plan to make it happen.”

     “I guess I was just trying to protect you.” Jessica sighed.

     “I don’t want your protection Jess, I want your love.” Kirstin pleaded down the phone.

     “Okay then, you have it.” Jessica smiled. “I really wish I could hug you right now.” Jessica added.

     “So do I babe, but it will have to wait until Sunday night when you get back.” Kirstin sighed this time.

     “Don’t you have to work on Sunday?” Jessica asked.

     “Nope, Tony said I can have Sunday nights off so I can spend them with you.” Kirstin sounded like she was grinning now.

     “That’s great news.” Jessica grinned. “Now I can look forward to my Sundays.” Jessica added with an even bigger grin.

    The two of them spoke for a little bit longer before they finally ended the call and Jessica finished off her glass of wine and took the glass back out to the kitchen. Joan had already gone to bed, so Jessica turned off the lights and went back to her room to take care of her makeup removal and other duties before she finally crawled into bed and found some sleep of her own.

*****

    Jayden had arranged for a car to drive them across the city to the building where Sarah the psychiatrist worked from, so the two of them had some breakfast in the penthouse before making their way down to reception where Jayden was waiting for them.

     “Good morning ladies.” Jayden smiled as she greeted each of them with a hug. “I have a car waiting for you right outside.” Jayden said as she walked the two of them out the hotel and over to where David was waiting for them with his car.

     “Good morning Joan, Jessica.” David smiled as he opened the car doors for the two of them to enter.

    The two of them were soon in the car and giving Jayden a wave as David pulled away from the hotel and into traffic.

    Jessica was still a little worried about letting Sarah look around in her mind, so she was more than happy to let Joan talk to David while she just looked out the window as she tried to work out how many of the men and women she was seeing were like her, some in denial, and others that were dressed and trying to live the life they should have had from birth.

    David was soon pulling up outside the building and he ran around the car to help Jessica and Joan get out. “Here’s my card Joan, just give me call when you’re ready to leave, and I will meet you out here.” David smiled as he handed Joan a card before he got back in the car and drove away.

     “You don’t have to come up with me mother.” Jessica said as she looked up at the tall building they were about to enter. “I’m sure you can find something better to do with your time.”

     “Don’t be silly.” Joan huffed. “I have some paperwork to read up on ready for next week, so I’ll get Maggie to keep me well stocked up on tea, and I’ll catch up on that while you talk with Sarah.” Joan added as she linked her arm though Jessica’s and led her into the building.

    Maggie jumped up and greeted the two of them like old friends before she led Jessica straight into Sarah’s office before returning to the outer office to make Joan a cup of tea.

     “Hello Jessica.” Sarah smiled as she led Jessica over to the sofa and helped her take a seat before she poured them both a cold glass of water.

     “Hi Sarah.” Jessica said nervously.

     “You’re not still scared of me are you?” Sarah asked with a disarming smile.

     “Yes, a little bit.” Jessica admitted.

     “Good.” Sarah said, but soon added. “I mean it’s good you’re being honest with me, not that you’re scared of me.” She laughed.

     “I think I’m more scared of what I might say, and if it might make you think I don’t really want to be Jessica.”

     “Like I said before Jessica. I am not here to say yes or no, I am here to help you find out and understand why you want to do this, and to make sure that this is what you really want to do.” Sarah put a lot of emphasis on the ‘You’. “Why don’t you tell me what you’ve been up to since we last spoke?” Sarah asked as she sat back and got ready to take some notes as Jessica spoke.

    Jessica was soon telling Sarah all about her last several weeks and how she’d got to know Dawn and how that had helped her a lot. And how she’d been there to help Dawn when her ex had show up with her homophobic father. Sarah would ask Jessica to speak more about things she thought Jessica was glossing over again, like she did in their first session. Jessica found it more like talking to a friend and trying to put the world to right, than her having every thought second guessed.

    The time was soon up, and Jessica had been talking with Sarah for nearly three hours by the time she stood up to leave. Jessica got a bigger shock when Sarah stood up and gave her a hug, which she enjoyed and hugged Sarah back. Jessica did wonder if that was some form of a test, or just Sarah being friendly, but she brushed it off as just a friendly hug and let it go.

    Joan started to put her paperwork away when she saw Jessica wander out and over to Maggie’s desk, so she could sort out her next appointment. Joan made a call to David, and he was waiting for them when they stepped out of the building.

    Jessica waited until they were back in the penthouse before she told Joan about her session and how well she thought it had gone.

     “Do you want to go out and do something?” Joan asked.

     “No thanks, I think I’ll go and rest up ready for this evening, but don’t let me stop you from going out.” Jessica said.

     “I think I will go for a walk.” Joan smiled as she gave Jessica a hug and kissed her on the cheek.

    Jessica wandered into her room and collapsed onto her bed and was soon fast asleep and dreaming about parts of her past, but instead of it being Jonathan doing the things in the dream, it was Jessica reliving each memory.

*****

    Joan was still out when Jessica woke up a couple of hours later, so Jessica poured herself a glass of wine and went out on the patio to watch the sun set while she sipped her wine. That is where Joan found her when she got back half an hour later with a couple of shopping bags.

     “MMM, that looks like a good idea.” Joan said when she saw the wine glass in Jessica’s hand. Joan was soon wandering back out onto the patio with a wine glass in one hand, and the bottle in the other. She topped up Jessica’s glass and then sat down on the sun lounger next to her to enjoy the setting sun.

     “What’s in the bags?” Jessica asked as she looked at the pile of shopping bags she could see through the open patio doors that led into the living area of the penthouse.

     “I found this cute little baby shop while I was out, and just had to buy Debbie’s babies some outfits I found in there.” Joan admitted.

     “You know she’s going to moan at you for spending money on the babies.” Jessica pointed out.

     “Let her.” Joan grumbled. “I can spoil them if I want.”

    Jessica wasn’t going to argue with her on that point, as she and Kirstin were always spoiling Debbie’s two girls.

    The two of them went back into the penthouse and ordered some food to have up in their room so they could get ready after having something to eat. Jane had offered to come and help them get ready, but both Jessica and Joan had said they would be fine and they would meet up with her at the club later in the night.

    Jessica and Joan found Jane and Cathy stood at reception chatting with Jayden, and all three of them looked like they were ready to head over to the club. Jane let out an ear splitting squeal when she saw Jessica, and she was soon running over and throwing herself at Jessica as they embraced in a hug.

     “Are you heading over to the club?” Jane asked excitedly as she bounced up and down on the spot.

     “Yes, we are just about to sort out a car to take us.” Jessica grinned as she saw how excited Jane was.

     “Why don’t you come in the mini bus with all of us?” Jane asked.

     “Will that be okay?” Jessica asked as she looked over to where Jayden was stood with Kara and Cathy.

     “We are all going the same way, so it does seem a little silly for a car to take you and Joan.” Jayden pointed out. “I will admit though, that the mini bus isn’t quite as nice as taking a car.” Jayden warned.

    The mini bus was still really nice and looked as good as new. Jessica was soon laughing as they all sang along to songs playing on the radio as the hotel driver made his way to the club. There was another mini bus parked outside the club when they arrived, and Jessica watched as she saw Chrissy, Becky, Amy and the others all climbing out of it. Jane almost fell out the mini bus when she saw Chrissy and Amy. Jane found her feet and then ran over to the two of them and they all started jumping around and dancing to a song they could hear coming from the club.

     “It’s not too late to make a break for it.” Jayden whispered in Jessica’s ear as the two of them watched three grown women dancing around without a care in the world. “But maybe it is...” Jayden added when she saw Jane, Chrissy and Amy all look in Jessica’s direction just before they ran over and dragged her out the mini bus and into the club.

     “And that was the last we saw of pour Jessica.” Cathy said with a dramatic sigh as she saw the four of them vanishing into the club.

    Joan met up with Mandy and Carla so they could all walk into the club together. Joan looked over at the dance floor as they passed it on the way to the VIP section, and she could see Jessica laughing as she danced around with Jane, Chrissy, Amy and Amber.

    Jessica spent most the night on the dance floor, just taking the odd break here and there to have a drink and then get her breath back before Jane dragged her off again to do some more dancing.

    The night seem to end far too fast, and it was soon closing time and Jessica was saying goodnight to everyone so a car could take them back to the hotel and bed.

    Jessica got ready for bed and looked at her phone before she settled down. She smiled when she saw a text from Kirstin hoping she’d had a good time at the club, and that she was thinking about her, and wished she’d been there with her. Jessica fell asleep with a smile on her face.

*****

    Jane and Mark had agreed to meet up with Jessica and Joan the next day, so Mark could drive them to the train station. Jane had wanted to spend as much time as she could with her bestest best friend. That’s the way Jane had said it the night before.

    The four of them all had lunch in the hotel restaurant before Mark and Jane walked them out to Mark’s car. Neither Joan nor Jessica had bought much over the weekend, so there was no need for the hotel to send anything back, and Kirstin was going to meet them at the train station so she could drive them home, and spend as much time with Jessica as she could.

     “I’ll see you in a couple of week’s girlfriend.” Jessica said at the train station as she hugged Jane goodbye.

     “It sounds such a long time away.” Jane pouted.

     “It will go by in no time at all.” Jessica promised.

    Both Joan and Jessica got a hug from Mark, and he placed their cases on the train for them before they waved as the train pulled out the station.

    Kirstin was waiting for them when the train pulled into the station, and she helped get the cases to the car and put them in the trunk before they all got in and headed for Joan’s house. The minute they were in the house, Jessica had her arms wrapped around Kirstin and was kissing the life out of her.

     “Wow...!” Kirstin grinned when Jessica finally let her up for air. “You really did miss me.” She added sounding out of breath.

     “Yes I did.” Jessica said huskily just before she kissed Kirstin again.

    The two of them were soon heading up to Jessica’s room to make up for the last couple of days.

 

To Be Continued Next Monday  GRIN

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

    Authors Note: Cathy, Jane and all the others that Jessica and Joan meet while down in London, are all characters I wrote about in my; You Have it all Wrong series. Even though you don’t hear about Jane’s story until book four ‘You have it all Wrong Four, the Kids Story’ the time line for this story is set between book three and book four. So to find out more about Chrissy, Amy and Cathy, and how they all became the women they are in this story, you will need to go back and read them.

    Hugs

    SaraUK

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yeah!

LOve it

ed


ed

Thanks for the author's notes

Thanks for the author's notes at the end, they helped out a lot in understanding what was going on and got me to read You Have It All Wrong from the start...hopefully by the end of July I'll be caught up and can appreciate the series as a whole!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Paying it forward

Jessica is receiving a lot of help so wonder what she will do when time comes for her to pay it forward. Helping out another T-girl can save lives. I had an T-acquaintance who very patiently answered my calls and patiently listened during my most stressful decision of going full-time in 1990 and needing to find a new job at the same time. I met her at a support group and am forever grateful for having somebody to reach out to when the evening creeps came.

For all folks who ask and receive extraordinary help, they should be ready to help others. I can see Jessica doing for somebody what Jane is doing for her now.