The Promotion Chapter 02: The meeting.

Printer-friendly version

in this Chapter Derek meets with miss Amanda about a discussing a promotion that Miss Amanda offer him as vice head of the company, little does the contract he signed will make his life as a man Disappear.
Chapter 02: The Meeting.
It was 4 years ago in September, I was at work trying to make a cold call sale to a family ran pizza shop in little Italy, everyone was nervous because rumors spread that Taylor Insurance was on the brink of closing its doors and I knew it would be hard for me, a college dropout to find decent work in the city. “Mr. Keith.” I turned my head up to Amelia, who’s desk I was closest too. “Miss Amanda would like to speak to you in her office.” I let at sigh to calm down my stress and frustration, got out of my chair and tromped all the way to Miss Amanda’s office. I have only had face to face conversation that was when she assessed me on my performance in sales that first year she took position of head of the company. So the fact that she out of nowhere wanted to see me, the only man that worked at the company made me nervous. I knocked on her door of her office, “Come in!” She shouted and I opened the door and entered quickly. Miss Amanda was at her desk writing something down, next to her was her assistant Paula. “Please take a seat Mr. Keith.” Miss Amanda said without taking her of her paper. I sat myself down in a lavender couch, I remember that so detailed because the whole room what actually very mesmerizing. The office was half the size of building and was decorated in Victorian and other feminine style. The room also made me notice Miss Amanda more detailed. That day she wore a pale pink suit with a matching skirt and it looked expensive and had shiny gold decorative buttons on, underneath the suit was high collar bow blouse, the bow was so big that it almost covered her padded shoulders and she wore was bright stiletto heels that really complimented her pantyhose covered legs. Her makeup was heavy but it was flawlessly done and her grayish blond hair was tied into a tight neat bun. She looked like million bucks... well, anyone probably sitting next to Paula who wore a drab black pant suit that looked like it was bought at the bottom of a bargain bin. It took a few moments before Miss Amanda was finished her work and put her attention to me. “Well... Mr. Keith it’s nice to see you. I sent you to my office today to discuss something that will rewarding to you and potentially help save this company”. I remember giving her a sort curious with my left brow raised more highly than my right. “you see Mr. Keith…May I call you Derek?” I gave her an agreeing nod. “You are Taylor insurance top salesman with the highest sales this company has ever had, and as great as that is that means the rest of the people in sales are having a hard to find clients and keeping up.” Miss Amanda had proclaimed. At that moment I wanted Smack her. The only reason why all the other people sales where had barely any clients and sales was because they were simply just…bad at sales, they were too giggly and some where so ditzy to the point I don’t think they even passed 6th grade. So I found at the time that it was little unfair for Miss Amanda to indicate that I was just stealing their clients. Miss Amanda got out her desk and stated “So I decided that the only thing to do is, Promote you.” My fast pacing heart slowed down. “Wait…a promotion? Seriously?” I said in in disbelieve. Miss Amanda giggled “yes darling, a Promotion. You’re my best employee why wouldn’t I give it to you?” She said with a crack of a smile. “Well Miss Amanda, for time that I have known you thought of you being…sexist.” “Sexist? Dear I might not favor men because I personally found all men to be weak and not up to my standards to what a human and a perfect person should, doesn’t mean I am not willing to work side by side with one.” I looked at her puzzled “side by side? Does that I mean I am you’re partner of sort?” I said sort of excitingly. “Kind of.” Miss Amanda said “you will be vice head of the company, mean of meaning you will take care of how everyone is doing their job, you will take care of any complaint that employees have and you’ll be giving this company a new sense of security.” I looked at her in amazement “oh wow, that’s great. That actually is.” “Well, I am glad you’re accepting it.” Miss Amanda said with big smile.

“you can start immediately, you just having to sign this contract that me and Paula having written stating that you excepted the job and are willing to take responsibilities for it.” The smile ran away from my face “what you mean by Responsibilities?” I could tell Miss Amanda didn’t expect any response from what she said because instead of a eloquently spoken sentence, she gave me a shaky answer “The ones I stated about the job and working late nights and planning parties, that might be you’re thing that you’re used to be you’ll get used to it”. I felt a feeling of relief rush and in that moment tiny moment of disorient and ecstasy…I signed without even looking at the tiny details of it and gave it To the Quiet and shy assistant Paula. “Congratulations, Derek.” Miss Amanda said while shaking my hand. “you won’t regret a thing Miss Amanda” Miss Amanda smiled and said “Please Darling, you’re not salesman anymore…just call me Amanda” Paula then came up and produced a glass in her hand with a bottle of champagne in the other. “Would you like a drink to celebrate Mr. Keith?“ Paula Said as her crimson colored painted lips open up with a big smile. I grabbed and she happily pored that drink in “Thank you Paula.” I said as a sat back down on the lavender recliner. “So Derek Darling, I hope you drink that all up cause that’s last think you can eat for you surgery tomorrow.” I looked at her with confusion and shock and said “Surgery? What Surgery?!” as my happiness shrouded with anger. “Darling I think you misunderstood what I said before, when I said I wouldn’t mind with a man side by side…that doesn’t mean I want work with one voluntarily.” So I hired a cosmetic surgeon to “tweak” something to make you less of man.” Miss Amanda said as devilish smile ran across her. “No. I did not a agree to this, I refuse to do it under any circumstance”. I said with pure rage. “well you have no choice.” Miss Amanda said “you signed a contract and on the second page under “duties and promises” it states “ I Agree to Change My Gender for The position.”” “Wait you’re going to turn in to me into a Woman?” As I felt a panic attack coming along. “I...i got to get out of here” as I to I felt light head sensation and as I knew I passed out. I found out Later on that Paula’s brother is a pharmacist and hooked her up with heaviest sleeping pill in drink to “roofie me” so to speak.

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos