Chasing Tales Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version


Chasing Tales

Chapter 4

Twin Time

My dream remained on my mind all day. I wondered why I had that type of dream now? I decided to talk to Jenny about that time and why she took my ring. It is faster to fly so I let my wings out and took off for the Palace. Flying always calmed my nerves so I was very calm when I got to the Great Hall.

I had a flashback of coming here and making the Great Hall of Sanctuary in a very short time. How I used all my pain and emotion to draw out all the magic I repressed for so long. I gave it all to make the palace in one afternoon. I went into the depths of my soul that day and let go of all that had come before. Despite the pain it was a good day.

After landing I folded my wings and walked into the Hall. The throne room was as beautiful as always if I do say so myself. I was really hitting on all brain cells when I redesigned the room the last time.

Angel was on the throne talking to Jenny when I came in. She looked over at me "I was wondering when I would see you Sister. All heck broke loose and I have a feeling you know why!"

I smiled "Well if it hit you as hard as it hit me you know what took me so long. There is a new set of twins in the caves being close to them brought out the Elemental in me. The Elemental gave some hints as to what we can expect this summer. She flat out said it will be decided this summer, all of it."

Angel spoke "My Dragon feels the same way. I am not sure how but the final battle for Sanctuary is coming fast. We need to be ready!" Her look was fierce. I could see her Dragon side just below the surface. She can be scary when she gets like this.

Jenny stepped back when the Queen and I began to talk. I turned to her "I need to talk to you Jenny. If the Queen can spare you for a few moments?" I looked at Angel. She made a shooing motion then turned back to her paperwork. Jenny and I walked into another room for our talk. Where to start? "Jen do you remember why you took my ring off my finger that first time and why you opened the portal?"

Jen looked thoughtful "It was a need I felt. I was wondering if any of what you were telling me could be real. So I had to test it. When the chance came I grabbed it. I am sorry if you did not feel you could show me it was all real. I don't regret doing it. Can I ask why you are brining this up now?"

I smiled "I had a dream last night. In the dream you did not take the ring but still we all ended up in Sanctuary anyways. My dreams usually mean something so I decided to ask. You are my oldest friend from school. If I had stayed Eric I might have even asked you out. In the dream we dated for a while before we ended up here in Sanctuary. Everything has happened so fast since then I guess it has me wondering what if?"

Jenny sounded kind of wistful when she said "I was waiting for you to ask me out you know. We may have been good together. But that time has past! You have Ben and I am dating Byron. I don't know what is bringing this to the surface now but let it go, ok?"

"Well we both need to get back to work. I will see you later Jenny." With this I left without going back to the throne room. I spread my wings and made for the nearest Mirror room. In the next four hours I stopped by all the Mirror rooms to spot check them. That done I headed back to the house and the two Ambers. I needed to find out how they fit in all of this.

Five sets of twins. All of them different ages. How they all will come into play I don't know but this is got to mean something. I can feel it! If getting together with the Ambers boosted the energy level so much what would getting all together in one place mean. Slowly a plan started to filter into my brain.

When I got back to the house I checked on every one then I went looking for Grandmother. I needed her lore of Sanctuary. There was a story I half remember from her telling me about the last days. Stories passed down through the Archmage writings of the time. A tale about a prophesy of the end of days or maybe how to save us all.

Grandmother was over at the alpha house leading a training so I watched as they slowly made shields for the knights in the knights coat of arms. Using the crystal weave this did not take long but it did take a lot of energy and concentration. These girls were the Advance class going to be second years. That meant the were the best of the best of the students. I only lost one from this class, that still hurt. I created the Sorority of Magic to help keep them together and strong. So far it had worked. Grandmother took over watching over them when she retired from being the Archmage. I sighed every knight and mage in Sanctuary is gearing up for war! I got to find a way to avoid that war.

Grandmother caught sight of me and came over. "You look troubled Ember. Tell me what is wrong."

"I had a dream last night. Something is trying to tell me I was destined to come to Sanctuary no matter what path I took. It got me thinking who else may be needed for this final fight. It seems to be centered on the twins here. I don't want to drag all of Sanctuary into this fight if not needed." I sighed again.

Grandmother looked at me "You always take on more than you need to. You got good people around you. Let them do what they can. Face the unknown with the strongest magic possible, All of the people standing right behind you to hold you up and give you strength! Well I am only telling you what you already know so what did you want to see me about?"

"I was trying to remember one of the tales you told me. The one about the statue on the Island. I think it is important for some reason. It is just a feeling but that is all I have to go on right now." My eye's wondered over the shields and wondered how many will live to pass them down. Morbid thoughts aside I had a job to do!

Grandmother looked at me "That one is rather short. it only says 'When the Blue Lady rises the path of the light shall be revealed.' Only I think you already know the way."

"Yes I think I do I hope. It is just when to do it that has me stumped. I need to get back my kids need me. We will talk of this later." With a wave I headed out to my house it was almost dinner time. That means snuggle time with Ben is coming up fast. I chuckled to myself as I walked. I knew that snuggle time was needed to distract my mind so I can work on a problem in the back of my mind. That is the place where most of the real thinking goes on.

It did not take long to get back to the house. Cryss and Skya were waiting for me on the porch. "Mother we had a strange dream last night. There was six glowing orbs all around a single person. That person raised a staff and all of Sanctuary trembled. That is when we woke. We have talked to the other Crystal Dragons and they all had the same Dream! What does this mean Mother?" Cryss was upset by this I could clearly see.

I smiled at her "It is a clue to what we need to do to avoid the war that is coming, I hope. I know many of the clues now I just need to find out what they mean. Let me work on it a bit. No going off by yourself again Cryss."

"Yes Mother I understand. We will wait for you to tell us what you need us to do." They both nodded then went inside to get ready for dinner. Skya was in her Dragon form while Cryss was in her human form. The two were quite the pair. Cryss was the first crystal dragon and Skya was the last born of my magic. Yet they were so much alike yet different at the same time. Both born of my magic in Dragon form. Cryss decided to try to be human and liked it so much she stayed in that form. Every once and awhile she would take on her Dragon form but not often. Skya on the other hand preferred to stay in Dragon form. In this form she acted as my familiar. Since I am the Queen of the race as well as it's creator this was a big job.

Well I better get in to dinner. I just stepped in the door and smiled at the house full of people I loved waiting for me to get there to start dinner. I went and washed up then took my place at the head of the table. I nodded and the maid started to serve. The maids were relatively new. The old maids had move on to start their own shops. So as always I had to break in new maids. This bunch had been on the job for a month. Well I will have to see where there skills take them. I will help them as I had helped the others. The tradition goes back to my first maid who turned out to be a combat mage having been sent to watch over me. Wow my thoughts sure are playing over the past a lot lately.

Ben smiled at me pulling my thoughts back to the here and now. He was good at that. I love him so much. Our wedding was something the likes of anyone would be hard to beat. Again my mind wondered backwards as we ate.

So many People have came and gone from my service. Sometimes I think I am the one keeping the Maid industry in Sanctuary going. After dinner I decided to go talk to the Ambers.

The Ladies were sitting in bed with Dan in a chair looking uncomfortable. Dan stood and moved between me and the Ambers. I smiled at his bravado. Unarmed to face me without magic is not the brightest thing to do. He glared at me "Who the hell do you think you are keeping us here like this?"

I smiled again. It had been awhile since I beat someone over the head with my titles. This might be amusing. "Let me formally introduce myself. I am Her majesty Ember Rose Del La Silver Skyflower-Starstone Queen of the Crystal Dragons, Princess of the Great Hall of Crystalis, Princess of Sanctuary, Duchess of Dragon Scare Castle, Countess of Starstone, Grand Mage of Sanctuary, Sister of Queen Angelica of Sanctuary, Sister of Prince Samuel of Sanctuary, Daughter of Queen Aslina of the Great Hall of Crystalis, Granddaughter of the Former Archmage, Wife to Count Ben of Starstone Captain of the Royal Guard of Sanctuary, Re-Founder of Sanctuary, Leader of the Six of Sanctuary, Creator Mother and Queen of the Crystal Dragon Race, Member of the Dragon 7, Teacher of Advanced Magic at the Academy of Sanctuary, Founder of the Sorority of Magic, Founder of the Princess Betterment Group and the Lady who owns the house you are in right now. How is that? Did it give you a idea who I am?" I looked at the glazed look in his eyes and turned to the Ambers. "Have you recovered from your dividing?"

"Yes, I have recovered somewhat. Those were some mighty impressive titles you have. Since you are grand mage here you should be able to point me to a Teacher of magic." They both smiled at me.

"Yes I could though I need to know why you are here in Sanctuary. There is a chance you are here to play a part in the coming battle."

The Ambers looked at me and sighed. "We know we had a dream while we were out that brought us up to speed on what was happening here."

Hmm more dreams seem like someone is moving pieces into place for the final battle. I need to find out who.


To Be Continued,

As always any comments are welcome and Loved.

up
175 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Curious and even more curious

Curious and even more curious to be sure. The first question I see that needs answering by Ember is why so many other Embers and where exactly did they all come from? Seems like there is a cross link happening, that just may be the cause of what is happening regarding the war coming.

puzzling

Alecia Snowfall's picture

puzzling. So much going on in water as clear as the Mississippi on a foggy night. Which way is up, which way is out? Ember is definitely in for some difficult times.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Multiple twins in one place

Multiple twins in one place and multiple dreams of the same thing? There's a bond between the twins going on that is coming into play and it seems to be stronger than they realize.

Have we learned if Ben has alternates like Ember yet? Dan's closeness to Amber seems a bit too coincidental and her being one of Ember's doubles makes me think that there are too many similarities to be less than a stroke of luck that they are together.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Very anxious of the coming threat.

Gypsy, I hope the end is not coming too soon for this amazing tale. Other than that, the only worry I have is the price that Ember going to pay for the coming war. Cross fingers that nature will find its balance. ;)