The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 04

Printer-friendly version

 

The Stations Late Nite Princess cover art.png
Chapter 4 of
 
  The Station's
 Late Nite
  Princess

 

up
693 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I saw it coming,

Dawnfyre's picture

the nude driving thing, and I still howled with laughter at it. :D

I can see somehow before the weeks end after the station going on air Dawn winding up as the on-air personality.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

Better and better!

GypsyWoman's picture

You got a great build-up going here! Keep it going.

Kat H

A great chapter

Kids got backbone and principles.

It will be interesting to see him have that conversation with Marty.

And how he'll get on air.

I'm very much looking forward to some more great writing!

I guess dad suspects

sugar_britches63's picture

I guess dad suspects something may be amiss or is that a miss? Either way I think Dawn may be coming out of the shadows soon. Another wonderful chapter to this tale. Alas I must wait until next Friday, oh the heartbreak of waiting.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

OK, . ok already I'll do it, . . .

. . if you'll turn the key so the , . . . So many lines that cracked me, . . r' all of us up. EOF, you are on a roll !!@! jjc

johncorc1

great

Chapter indeed couldn't stop laughing at the last Cpl of chapters,
Don also put the jock in his place, He sure knows what to say and more importantly how to say it.
Even telling off the cheerleader that was a very good point and I cannot wait to see what happens when Don really starts working at the station I am sure there will be a few more commercial's to his/her credit.
Cannot wait to see what happens next.

Matt

OK, . ok already I'll do it, . . .

. . if you'll turn the key so the , . . . So many lines that cracked me, . . r' all of us up. Snow you are on a roll !!@! jjc

johncorc1

Late night princess

This just keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to the next chapters. Thanks for sharing

If Blake turns the station

If Blake turns the station into a request type station, I can see lots of "various voices" calling in and requesting different songs and music.
This is not only a funny story, it seems to me that it becoming a true "coming out" story for Sonny.

Doggone there Snow it was

Doggone there Snow it was really getting extra good & there you go leaving a hanger.. lol hope I gotcha all bs aside I really liked it & can survive till next friday

Lovin it Already

Good story developing here. I'm hooked

Late Night Princess

Love the story, can't wait for the next chapter.

Willow

Willow

Loving

the story. Had to laugh at the prank Don pulled.I wonder how long before he and his Dad have their "talk".

I look forward to the next chapter.

Joanna

Very nice

Beoca's picture

Very nice story so far - I found out about it earlier this evening and am now fairly sure I will follow it to the end. Not that I expected anything else after "Frills". Seeing quick wits in action is always fun, and Don is a very intriguing character.

Will just have to get used to your publishing schedule.

I loved this chapter

I loved hearing about dawn's sudden shopping trip, conveniently-found money. I love reading about how she consistently and calmly handles the pressure of the football team wanting special treatment.

I almost hoped that her friend could see - but i have a feeling her act of kindness could cost her dearly later - if tara ever sees 'don's' car, for example.

Anyway, i look forward to the next chapter.

Xx
Amy

Gets better with every post.

Love the story. I got a feeling big things are coming for Dawn. Can't wait to see what happens.

BitStream

This one's going to be big

I'm really enjoying the story so far - it's very well written, lots of fun and both intelligent and interesting. Decently sized chapters and a relaxed pace make me feel like I'm heading up the gentle slopes of a great mountain; with writing this good it promises to be an impressive journey. My only frustration is having to wait for the next chapter!

.

Really good.

Excellent even.

T

BTW, did I mention that this is a great story?

very good

very good

I finally got a chance to read this......

D. Eden's picture

It's been a hectic weekend and this evening was my first chance to sit down and relax with a few new chapters of my favorite stories. Reading this one made me glad I took the time, but mad that I waited until now, lol.

The story is really developing, but I can't help wondering just how long it will be before Dawn gets caught - Marty is already wondering, I can't help but think that Marty's mother suspects something based on her questions, and we already know that Angela and her mother suspect something.

Between Don becoming more bold and wanting to spend more time as Dawn, his father and Perry noticing things about Don, his friends, his enemies at school - including a certain cheerleader, and the staff at the station, the only real question is who figures it out first.

Can't wait for more!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Doubled up on the Purple and

Brooke Erickson's picture

Doubled up on the Purple and Pink shirts, huh?

I wonder what the two colors Don/Dawn didn't take were? Red? Green? Yellow? Gray?

And, of course, we all know that *something* is gonna happen to "force" Dawn to take the mike one night. Maybe the engineer gets laryngitis?

Or maybe (for once) it *won't* be an "accident" or "forced". Maybe they'll decide to give Dawn a chance? Maybe after the response to a few commercials using her voice?

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

The top that won't stay up

Oh man, I about busted a gut laughing! That kid will go far, if Perry doesn't kill him first. :-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Prankster can't take a prank

Jamie Lee's picture

Jackpots like that don't come around very often. But aren't unheard of. And of course, that made a shopping trip, a necessity.

Dawn was the person who helped Tara with the flat tire. For Dawn, helping someone needing help was the right thing to do. Had it been Don spotting Tara in need of help, it's unlikely he would have stopped to help because how she treated him.

Don is standing up for himself more as time goes by. Even telling Tara and the two football players his thoughts, at the risk of getting pounded by the players.

The "talk" between Marty an Don should be interesting, and not the talk Don expects. Maybe it's time Don level with his dad?

Perry relishes the pranks he pulls on others. But if the worm turns he gets upset. Yeah Don!

Blake and Lyle sure are impressed with Don't voice impersonation. After hearing Don, Blake started thinking about ads which Don could help create; and the savings he would realize by not needing to hire an extra person to help create the ads. Don's voice impersonations may take him places at the station no one could foresee. No more so than Don.

Others have feelings too.

For Those Interested

Radio station DJs do not have to get any kind of license from the FCC. It changed in 1995, according to an omnibus rules change detailed in 95-412 issued by the FCC in Oct. 1995. There are a few other rules changes that might pertain to this story, but I'm not generally interested in mucking up things.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

*Snerk* Loved the phone prank!

Loved the scene with the jocks too/
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers