blood Splattered nights (revised)

Printer-friendly version

Blood Splattered Nights

Prologue
Cold, cold is all I feel, no flash off my life before my eyes just cold, no pain as the warmth flees my body, I can't believe this is how it will all end laying, in a pool of my own blood on the pavement in a dark alley, alone it just felt so surreal as my eyes and mind fill with darkness, no bright light where my lost friends and family awaits just… nothingness cold and black...

.

Chapter One

Let's back up little here first off let's start with my name, I'm Alisha Gray, I'm 18, 5 foot 6, 100 pounds soaking wet with a brick in each pocket, slender legs smooth flat stomach, ample bust, flawless complexion, blue, grey eyes almost like steel all framed with beautiful golden locks of blonde hair with black tips, I have a gothic emo chick look about me always wearing black, from my combat boots to my studded choker, I'm a senior at Roosevelt High School, I don't use drugs won't no can’t go down that path ill smoke weed from time to time but nothing hard never ive seen what that shit does to a person, my mother is a junkie doing anything she can get her hands on, my father the piece of shit over dosed in front of me on cocaine when I was ten. Sometimes I think mom is not far from it some days. my step-shit dad Richard is an alcoholic meth addict beating me whenever he can and my mother defending him every step of the way, we live in a piece of shit apartment in New York City more of a hovel than a apartment if you ask me but that's enough about my home and family life more about myself I cut myself once almost died slicing my artery with a razor like it was butter I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for my best friend Andy coming to see me finding me sprawled out on the floor pale telling him in almost a whisper to leave me be just let me die I honestly thought it would have been an improvement that no one would even miss me boy was I wrong. … I still remember it like yesterday although it’s been well over a year…

You can't go like this Andy screamed at me slapping me trying to keep me awake will dialing 911.
Don't let them win don't give your parents the satisfaction of beating you I heard him say knowing he was right I just couldn't give up so I fought with all my strength to stay awake as I hear the ambulance pull up I can see the look of disappointment in Andy’s eyes as he stares at me being hoisted on the gurney I couldn't stand that look he gave me it made me cry for the first time since, since my stupid attempt at ending things then just black as I passed out in the back of the ambulance as they pull off...... Andrew “Andy” McCall was a rack of bones skinny almost looked as if he suffered from malnutrition he had shaggy brown hair deep blue eyes you could almost fall into if you looked hard enough he was average, nothing special but he was my closest friend since childhood we were almost inseparable as kids still are he lived next to my grandpa who was a simple man very religious he use to preach at the local church every Sunday until grandma passed, he fell into a hard depression after she passed, but still read the bible every night before bed. I miss her I used to feel like her and grandpa were they only people in this world who truly cared for me I still feel that way sometimes.

Chapter Two

"Alisha" yelled Andy from across the street running up to me bringing me out of my head from all those painful memories bouncing around in my skull.

What's up I answered?
Seeing the look of worry on his face.
"What's wrong Andy something up?"

It…ah it’s your grandfather he had a severe heart attack they took him to Saint Vincent's Andy said stammering

My head started spinning after I heard the news I couldn't breathe I felt light headed it felt like the world just came crashing down on my shoulders as the concrete rushed up to meet my falling body Andy hands wrapped around me to keep me from doing a full face plant into the pavement then nothing but black as I fainted with tears rolling down my face.

Andy frantically reached to catch his best friend before she hit the ground getting to her in the nick of time carrying her to his rusted blue 66 nova around the block, he gently laid her in the passenger seat hoping she would come to before they reached the hospital he studied her face man she is beautiful he thought while brushing the hair from her eyes he climbed into the driver seat wishing he had the guts to tell her how he felt about her but alas he thought better of it thinking she didn’t feel the same way he drove of towards ST. Vincent hospital drifting into his thoughts about Alisha if only she knew she was the love of his life.
But now was not the time for his feelings she was going through enough turmoil in her life without him adding more to her stress, she started to come to as he neared the hospital where her grandfather was admitted to.
“Andy?” I whispered “what happened”
“You fainted to much on your mind girl” he told me as he entered a parking space in the lot across from the hospital entrance
“I guess” I answered absent mindedly not really fully there
“Come on lets go check on your grandpa the nurse at the info desk told me he was in room 214 when I called but wouldn’t tell me anymore” he said while helping me from his car
We entered the hospital minds thinking of the worst possible outcome......

"paging dr martin to room 312 paging dr martin to room 312" echoed through the hospital speakers while we sat waiting for my grandfather to come out of surgery.

"do you think he will be alright" I said

I worryingly paced back and forth through the hospital waiting area.

"i'm sure everything will be alright just let the doctors do what there here for and they will inform Us when they move him back to his room."

"but andy people die from open bypass surgery all the time"

"come on Alisha lets go get some fresh air I'm sure he is fine but you need to calm down before you give yourself an ulcer"

I reluctantly let andy lead me by the hand from the deserted waiting room.

as the we entered the parking lot andy pulled his bag of herb from his pocket.

"wanna smoke one to calm the nerves?" andy asked questionably

"yes GOD i need something i feel like i'm loosing my mind."I said handing Andy some rolling papers while climbing into his nova.

"hand me my rolling tray from the glovebox" Andy said while pulling some buds from the bag.

"have you heard from your mom yet"

I shook my head no saying "she is probably passed out in a ditch somewhere i don't even think she would care considering the last time they spoke to each other they weren't very civil. I don't really want to talk about her not a very relaxing thought "

Chapter Three

He observed her from across the street just like he was paid to do taking a draw from his fourth cigarette before flicking it out the window of his of his company sedan as he watched the blonde climb from the rusted Nova in the hospital parking lot he dialed the number of his employer
"Yeah it's rusty I found her" he croaked into the receiver
"As soon as she is alone I'll take care of it just like we talked about, don't worry, I got this, OK, I will call when it's done" rusty shut the phone off and lit another smoke just waiting for his moment.
Fortunately for him it didn't take all night like he thought it would, he watched as ms.gray ran from the hospital with tears in her eyes
"Here we go" rusty mumbled to him self as he carefully follow her to the back of the hospital rusty approached the young woman with a deadly quickness determined to finish the job "excuse me Ms. Gray" Alisha spun on her heels as rusty pulled the trigger on his .38 snub.

Chapter Four

"Shouldn't he be out of surgery by now" I mumbled to myself whilst pacing in the waiting room waiting for the doctor.
"He should have been took back to his room by now maybe they forgot to tell us come on let's go check" said Andy

I could barely think straight as we walked back to Grandpa's room I saw the doctor walking towards us I couldn't read his face he just seemed to calm
"Ms. Gray" asked the doctor as he approached
"Yes that's me"
" I’m Dr. Gacy, the Cardiologist on duty. your grandfather was brought in with an myocardial infarction… I'm sorry a heart attack"
"Yes what else" I replied slowly
"Well Ms. Gray we did everything we could we worked on him for almost an hour I'm sorry the clot was to extensive he didn't make it"

"Oh my god" I felt as if it wasn't real
It was almost like watching someone else do something as I turned and just bolted out the hospital door I don't know why I did I just couldn't stay there anymore I ran behind the hospital i felt as if I couldn't breath I stopped to catch my breath when I heard someone say my name.
BANG!!!!

I've lost my mind that must be it I've gone crazy I've heard of people going nuts after a death in the family but I didn't know it was going to be such a sudden onset but there is no other way To explain it, is there?.

I watched stunned as a bullet just stopped in front of me I felt this sense of power just wash over me and all I seen was iridescent purple.........

Run! We have to get the hell outta here" yelled andy as he shook me

"W...what happened " I stammered I could here the sirens In the distance getting closer and closer.

"It doesn't matter I'll explain later we have to go"

Andy grabbed my hand practically dragging me to his car.

"What the hell just happed andy"
Oh my god I have totally lost my mind I thought "there's no way that just happened"

"That's where your wrong" Andy replied nonchalantly

"Stop the damn car and tell me what's going on" my mind is racing a hundred miles an hour I couldn't think straight.

I can't stop until we get someplace safe I'll explain it all then Andy reached for the glove box grabbing a cell phone
He dialed frantically and waited for an answer on the other end.

"Hello? Who is this? How did you get this numb..." Andy cut the voice off on the other end saying "it's me, she has awoken, this is an unsecure line I'm coming to you" then he hung up

I sat there shocked staring at Andy wondering if I even really knew him.

The silence in the car was deafening and you could cut the tension with a knife .

I didn't know how to feel I didn't know what to think it was like sensory overload everything seemed to be happening so fast.

"Who are you"

Andy didn't answer, I have know him my entire life I thought I knew everything about him but this person before me wasn't the boy I grew up with he had a look of pure determination on his face as he uttered " please Alisha you have to just trust me I will explain everything in time, it's just there is someone you have to meet first"

"what the fuck is going on" I forced the words to fall from my mouth I didn't know if I wanted to know the answer but I had to start somewhere.

My entire life seemed to have ended, the entire foundation my life was built upon was lies all lies, I didn't even know who I was or what for that matter.

I couldn't explain what had happened back at the hospital that man had shot at me from point blank range yet here I was without a scratch I recalled the surge of power that had flowed through me, the rush, the adrenaline I had felt, then that light I couldn't remember what happened after that no matter how hard I tried, and that scared me and not because of what you would think I wasn't scared because I couldn't remember, I was scared because I had no idea what I was capable of, what had happened to my attacker or did I even want to know.

Andy still hadn't responded to my question, I studied his face intently I mean I really concentrated. trying to figure out what he might be thinking.

I don't even know how to start I heard andy say.

"From the beginning would be nice" I snapped back

Andy looked at me puzzled

"what" I almost screamed

"I never spoke out loud, how did you know that's what I was thinking"

"What are you talking about andy stop trying to change the subject i spat feeling irritated that he was trying to throw me off my questions.

I thought about it for a moment had he really spoke or had I really heard his thoughts, "what the fuck is going on with me" I had said it almost as a whisper but andy still heard me.

"Your about to find out" Andy's nova slowed to a halt in front of an old cabin in the middle of nowhere.

I felt as if the place was calling to me, as I stepped from the car.

Chapter five
Rust tripped over his own feet as he scrambled to get away from the hospital.

"What the fuck" rusty stuttered to his self as he fished his phone From his pocket.

Rusty could barely dial the number of his employer in his frantic state
He continued to walk further from the hospital while listening to the ring and waiting for the response on the other end.

He felt a sense of dread grow stronger with each ring.

"Is the job done Mr. McKnight" responded the gravely voice

"No..no something happened I don't even know if I believe it myself but she stopped the bullet you got to believe me" rusty stumbled over his own words erratically "please Sir I couldn't have done nothing that shit was unnatural"

"Shut up you fool" the man on the phone uttered nonchalantly "you've failed I'm done with you dispose of yourself"

"Yes sir" responded rusty before pulling the trigger splattering himself on the pavement behind him.

The mysterious man immediately disposed of his burner cell laughing to himself "you've outdone yourself this time Terry that was truly beautiful if I say so myself"

"Now to plan b" Terry muttered "this is the fun part"

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Certainly "bloody"

Certainly "bloody"...but stopped the bullet. How?

just have to wait

There's more to come hopefully you will enjoy them

For every book there is a worm eating up the knowledge

Center?

Kinda reads like it is in the Center universe. If you haven't read them they are by multiple writers, the Center is an open universe. If you need to more contact Lilith Langtree here on BC. If nothing else you'll find some good reading.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

never read them

But will definitely check it out thanks for the suggestion

For every book there is a worm eating up the knowledge