Getting Sam Ready

Printer-friendly version

It’s not easy for a single mother to raise a son but I think that Sam and I have done OK for the last ten years. Of course a job with a good salary helped. Sam and I have grown quite close so it came as complete surprise when I came home to find Sam at my vanity, wearing only a set of sexy lingerie, including garter belt and stockings, crying over the complete mess of an unskilled attempt to apply make-up.

I hadn’t really associated Sam with anything feminine. Never a trace of make-up, no skirts, no dresses. Talking about dresses; the apparently brand new dress, still with the tag on it, hanging next to the dresser was completely inappropriate for a first date. The stress was definitely on the L in LBD. Way too skimpy!

Even though Sam and I are very close we both knew that that was about to end that year with the end of high school and going away to college. I had recently started dating and found myself a boy-friend. Sam had also found someone – Tim, a 25 years old boy! I wasn’t too happy about it. The age difference was too big. On the other hand I liked the boy, or rather young man. Apart from being a hunk, he was mature and intelligent and apparently genuinely cared for Sam.

That night was going to be their first real date. Tim had got tickets for the theater and then had booked a table at the nicest restaurant in town, which only made the skimpy dress even more inappropriate.

Well, there was nothing to do but clear up the mess starting with the hair. I was relieved that we had quite a lot of time because that was necessary. Fortunately the hair was just long enough for me to do something with it. The puffing of the eyes had receded a little by then and with my skill at applying make-up no one would suspect it. To be honest I was quite pleased with what I achieved! I got out my best evening dress from my closet. Frankly I was a bit jealous. I wished I’d look as stunning in it! Add a little bit of my jewelry; necklace, bracelet, ear-rings (well, clip-ons since there were no holes). In front of me I now had a sophisticated woman ready for the theatre and a nice meal with her boyfriend.

I shooed Sam out of my room. I had to make myself ready for my date.

Before leaving Sam came back into my room and said:

- Thank you Andrew. You’re the best son a mother could wish for.

- Aw, Mum! I only want to you to be happy. It’s been a long time since Dad passed away and you deserve to find love again. One thing. Remember that tonight you’re Samantha, an attractive lady and not Sam the only female foreman at the steel-mill.
Have fun and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!

- Oh, that reminds me: Andrew, do you have any spare condoms?

While getting a couple of them for Mum I reflected that the totally inappropriate LBD was completely appropriate for what I had planned for the night.

up
237 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

oh brill what a turn around

oh brill what a turn around loved it Mum getting help from TG Son love it

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

AAARRRRRGGGG

BarbieLee's picture

I can't help myself. I know Bru is going to twist it all around and make a complete shambles of any kind of story telling. The name Bru should give everyone a heads up. That's not a name of a boy or girl. What kind of story telling comes from someone like that?
And then I eagerly latch onto the story as soon as I see one posted knowing I'm going to hate myself for doing so. Hey Sweety, have any more of those stories in the back of that van? Do we have to keep meeting in a Dark Alley? I mean that is so cliche. Next time, Red Horse Salon, midnight, wear something besides that LBD. I'm kinda partial to that little blue sparkly dress you wore to the last party. That was you wasn't it?
Have fun with life, its too short to take seriously
always
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

The Bru

Daphne Xu's picture

What kind of name is Bru? I've never really thought about it; it seemed nice enough for an author. But it does make me think of "brother" (maybe German's Brueder). As for seeing a Bru story posted, I always latch onto it without feeling any kind of guilt, doubt, or regret. There's nothing wrong with enjoying his stories.

As usual, I had to go back and reread the story, once I got to the end, to see where my assumptions went astray.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

What's in a name?

I'm told that the word "bru" actually means brother or friend in South African slang, though that's not the reason I chose it.

Just for fun I checked on different meanings of "bru".
I'd be honoured to be a bridge (Norwegian) between people.
I know too little about to the Bru ethnic group to have an opinion.
The various places named Bru could be interesting to visit. Or why no be a French daughter-in-law?
It could also imply that I'm not very sweet. The t in Brut is silent. Then there is the sparkling water Bru. To continue with liquids we have a variant spelling of brew. Brew/Bru is also a Scotish slang word for unemployment benefit,
The association with Brussels (Airport) makes sense since I worked in that city for a while.

Not your standaed fare of mother helps son become a woman.

Andrew really knew her makeup and clothes and what accessories went good with what dress. Thank you for sharing this delightful little tale of TG son/mother bonding.

With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward.

Barbara Lynn Terry

"If I have to be this girl ion me, Then I have the right to be."

I am used to your twists and

I am used to your twists and turns but I didn't expect this to be turned around and inside out.

Bru, you have a clever mind that I am glad is being put towards good not evil ;)

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Who said I'm not engaged in evil?

I see that you haven't caught on that my stories are all part of my plan for world domination. It's rather complicated so I will not bother you with the details.

Ah...

You forgot to mention the Zombie Ninja Pirate Spiders...

LOL

You're right, I forgot

to mention that Andrew is a ninja (that's why (s)he needed a black dress) and Tim has the bad habit of not being too particualar about copyright.

So Nice...

...I had to read it twice -- to figure out what happened!

One of the best examples of misdirection I've read in a while. Try not to make a habit of it, young lady!

I was sure...

I was sure I've got your twist this time and... arrgh again. I didn't expect that end. It's wonderful. Thanks!

Love the story's twist

Love the story's twist
Yeah Sam swap the steel-toed boots for a pair of 3" court shoes.

Karen

Well now...

Jamie Lee's picture

That was sure a twist in aid. Usually mom makes sure son is presentable for the date. And will act as he should. But son making sure mom is ready? Nice.

Others have feelings too.

translation?

Okay I don't know what country/age group this one is from but for us plain english speakers, could we find out what LBD means?
(forgive me for not speaking acronym - it's far too localized like slang and topic dependent - assuming you know the basic topic to begin with)

LBD...

LBD = "Little Black Dress".

PB

Cute, really cute

Jamie Lee's picture

That was a big turn of events. Big question, how did Andrew know so much in order to help him mom get ready?

Others have feelings too.

Trial and error

Andrew had been on his/her path for a long time (note that Andrew thought the LBD was appropriate for his/her plans for the evening). However, while not against how Andrew dressed Sam had not exactly been of great help. Thus trial and error.