Jem…Chapter 173

Printer-friendly version

Jem…Chapter 173

*Billy and Davey…

They saw some of the club that had followed things as they had played out to get a piece of Mike Sterling here in Harper’s Point and these guys had stayed with some sort of deal going on that suddenly made coming to this town more than just a revenge trip.

And that changed things with Mike…Billy could protect him as long as that was the only thing they were around for he could and did call in a marker and have Mike left alone.

But whatever was going on ant it was looking like a piece of the crystal and ass market made it more of a thing and it gave those two assholes Kirk and Dane more sway and that made Mike a whole lot more on the table as club business.

Billy looked at them as they pulled up before the cops got to any of them when the whole shitstorm had happened at the house with Randy McWhitter and the local shitheads.

“Nooo…not a good idea.”

Funny… That was the dude’s club name looked at him and then towards the cops and Mounties.

“What went down?”

“Guff and Zee-zee that’s what went down.”

Funny actually swore. “Those stupid mother fuckers. They weren’t supposed to come even close to this fucking berg.”

Billy nodded. “Would have need smart but that would have meant strings outside of the club telling them what to do.”

There were looks.

Yeah no one was happy about this.

They exchanged looks again and then there were nods and they pulled out together headed for The Motel.

Deke wasn’t happy to hear about the two breaking parole and getting caught.

And Dane and Kirk weren’t anywhere to be seen either and not answering their burned phones either.

There was definite tension going on and Billy looked at Deke. “Pack it up, this place is done.”

Deke gesture at a bag of black meth crystals. “This is good shit, it’s high quality and the market is just opening up here so we just bail?”

Billy nodded. “Heat’s coming, Guff and Zee-Zee might not talk but they picked up locals too and some of them might know shit Deke.”

Several people lit smokes and Davey took a sip of his everpresent coffee and someone passed a pint around.

“Deals were made, there’s a local guy in pretty heavy with things here running the drugs here and the whores.”

Billy looked at him. “What kind of deals?”

“Cash, new product, getting the girls out and elsewhere.”

Davey says. “The girls are here because the local douchbag you’re working with is blackmailing the most of them and he’s getting them hooked on the drugs too. You’re better off getting the fuck out of here in fact we told you to get the fuck out of here.”

One of the guys swore at him and took a swing swearing. “You don’t get a fucking say pledge.”

Davey stepped into the wing catching the force on his chest and jacket before it peaked and he head-butted the guy really hard breaking the guy’s nose and sending him crashing down through the crappy Ikea coffee table in the room.

The guy pulled a gun.

Billy pulled a gun.

Deke said. “Enough…”

He looked at Billy. “This is going to be a loss.”

Billy still looking at the other guy said. “Not ours, we can just walk away Deke, let shit blow over here, trust me I know some shit and they really don’t want us.”

Davey shook his hand holding his Tims coffee looking more upset that he spilled some of his coffee over the top of his hand than the fact there was a guy with a gun pointed at him.

Deke looked at Billy. “So what’s your take on all of this Wild Bill? I mean you’re really here why?”

“Sterling’s protecting family; it’s as simple as that Deke.”

“Family?” The old biker said raising an eyebrow.

Billy nodded. “Family, real family just as much as blood.”

The old biker nodded. “Done…but after shit’s done you need to show up and we need to have council over this shit Bill.”

Billy nodded. “Fine by me.”

Deke looked at the guy still on the ground still in the standoff with Bill.

“C’mon Stork we’re out of here.”

It took less than ten minutes as the bikers got their things and pulled out leaving Dane and Kirk wherever they were.

Billy and Davey pulled out and headed up and around the place through a side road and waited for the inevitable.

*RCMP Robert Fraser….

There were kids that were literally the same age as Angel and her friends in that house and were so drugged out of it they looked like they’d overdosed or close to it.

And then there were drugs and guns and more drugs a really good supply of oxy and dil plus there was some perks and a decent amount of weed.

There was enough to charge the three that were conscious.

And there was more than enough on the phones of Angel and the other girls to get a warrant for the place as well.

They’d share out some of the arrests here.

The town cops were like a lot of town cops mostly over rated security guards that knew too many people to really be objective and that was the best of them.

Here there were a good deal of them likely very crooked.

And sharing out the arrests for this stuff would keep them busy processing things and patting themselves on the back and likely all kinds of things.

The evidence was being fast tracked to a waiting lab in Toronto. The CP had a whole shift standing by on call to process things. Sherriff’s department called in to take the evidence straight there. Now the Sherriff’s department isn’t used for much in Canada they have them and they do things like backing up other law enforcement and wildlife service’s when called in for poaching and other things like evictions or picking up criminal mental patients to get transported to mental care places and a lot of women’s prison care runs.

That’s actually why they were called in. They’re too small a bunch to be really messed with and…they were small enough that when this started they vetted out cleanly.

The usual thing here in Harper’s Point was actually poaching with a decent sized lake fishery here in the town it was a thing and it kept them busy.

And the Marshall family weren’t all that interested in fishing and poaching.

The town ops and some of the OPP on the other hand.

There’s no such thing as paranoia when it came to people like The Marshall’s and how far they could reach.

And if they could get the right evidence then things would roll faster.

Actually the case was rolling in really well.

The punk that Angel hit in the pecker with the security baton had a key for a locker at the local bus station. He was already crying to make a deal and he gave up the motel as a place to score serious drugs from the bikers and ass.

“I told you man, I’m just a dude I’m nothin.”

Fraser looked at him. “You had three kids in there all minors from what I was told and two are being treated for overdosing.”

“Hey I never made them smoke anything they paid and they torched up.”

“Your place.”

“I’m renting it’s not my place.”

Fraser shook his kid. “You know that you’re still responsible and with all the other shit we found in there you’re looking at a long, long time Kevin.”

The punk stared at him shivering from coming down hard and it was starting to hit him just four hours or so. He pulled out a can of Orange crush and popped it and took a drink and the punk stared at him. Sugar helps fight the jones’s that coming down hard does. The guy licked his lips.

“What’s the key for?”

“……………..”

He took another drink. “What’s the key for?”

“…………….”

“Okay fine, you’re going away and it’s all the same to me. Drugs, guns, the sex with the minors…I’m sure the rape kits done on the girl in there will point to you fucking her and we all know what happens to guys that are brought in to gen pop for underaged get.”

The punk swallowed hard….yeah he knew.

Fraser got up and headed out.

“Wait, wait! Fucking wait!”

“What’s the key for?”

“My drop locker at the bus station it’s where I pick up shit.”

“From?”

“Mr. Black.”

“And that is?”

“He’s the new guy around, it’s his shit, the black ice guy.”

“And where do I find him?”

“I dunno, seriously guy I don’t know, he’s like a fucking shadow he’s like that dude from Breaking bad.”

“You drop cash in there?”

“No…”

“So how do you drop off the cash for the drugs?”

“I drop it off.”

“Where?”

“There’s this old motel just out of town…I drop it off at the front desk.”

“And McWhitter?”

“What Randy?”

“Yes Randy where does he fit into all of this?”

“He doesn’t he’s like fucking my sister.”

It turns out the girl that Raven had run into and broke her phone was Kevin’s sister.

But from that they had enough, enough to get a warrant for the motel.

He looked at Kevin and put the can of Orange crush on the table just barely within fingertip reach of Kevin’s cuffed hands. “I’ll talk to the crown prosecutor, we’ll want more Kevin but this is a start.”

Guff and Zee-zee had room keys for the Motel that they knew was being used as a base for the bikers in town and likely other things and their arrest led to the search of their persons and the keys and their breaking of parole led to a fast warrant.

Neither biker was talking though and they were put in holding in separate cells with an officer from the RCMP.

Well the both just said one word. “Lawyer.”

These guys knew the score; in and out prison was a second home for a lot of these guys.

And Randy McWhitter while was a frothing mad fight waiting to happen once he was in custody he shut up tight.

He made one phone call and it was to his mother…not a lawyer or Danny but his mother.

He didn’t need to talk much as his phone had records of his call to Guff and Zee-Zee on it and some to two other known bikers called Kirk and Dane.

And there were more than a few points programmed into his GPS that didn’t make any sense for him to have them marked out in the middle of nowhere.

But it was enough…they moved in fast on the motel and the bikers had and from what the young man running the front desk said they’d just missed them.

He looked extremely freaked out when they all pulled in and started storming the place….clean cut fairly big too with a varsity hockey jacket on the back of the chair.

Fraser recognized the kid from some of the reports from Angel and the notes she made it was Lucas…one of Adam’s testicles and he was on the phone.

Fraser pointed his gun at him. “Set the phone down.”

Lucas set the phone down. “Who’s on the other end?”

“One of my friends.”

Fraser picked up the phone. “Hello who’s this?”

“Adam Marshal and who is this?”

“This is Officer Fraser RCMP.”

“Good to know officer how can I help you?”

“Was this an outgoing call to you?”

“Why yes it was officer, Lucas called me for advice.”

“On?”

“You all pulling in. See I got him the job working there for my father. It’s one of our really old family side businesses. Lucas was concerned about what to do and what to tell my father.”

“I see and yourself, how are you connected to this place?”

“Oh I’m not really, like I said just helping a friend.”

“Mr. Marshall…”

“Yes officer?”

“Don’t leave town.”

“I wouldn’t dream of it.”

“Have a good evening.”

He looked at Lucas as he hung up. “The bikers?”

“Took off like a little while ago.”

Fraser looked to one of the younger OPP officers. “He doesn’t go anywhere yet.”

He left to go and tear the place apart with the others and sure enough there were no bikers. There were the signs of a fight maybe here and there a busted fiberboard coffee table but with this place…there were holes in the walls from fists and boots and just general fucking around.

But there were the girls here…some of them definitely here and with clients…some of them definitely caught off guard. Some of them trying to even run Fraser didn’t stop the younger officers from doing the hard take downs. He knew these guys drove here and their cars were right outside so really they were running just on fear but these creeps deserved it.

Some of these girls were definitely teens and nowhere near legal age.

There was a good deal of charges getting laid as well as a good deal of drugs too all of that went down with the locals taking charge and the OPP having to get brought in to help handle all of the people involved.

He listened to the radios as the chopper overhead called in that there was what they could only call a serious cookhouse out at one of the GPS spots from McWhitter’s phone.

“Alright feed me where and we’ll be right there as fast as we can.”

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

so...

we find out if Adam is as untouchable as he thinks. good chapter, thanks

Bonehead move by him that's

Bonehead move by him that's for sure. Hello search warrant for the Marshall home!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Nah that would instantly let

Nah that would instantly let him know they are on to him, let him think he's safe for a little while longer, the victims unfortunately aren't good to testify in court, they were drugged, their testimonies can be thrown out, wait until they have fingerprints or dna, AND something they can verify as containing his fingerprints or DNA, or some other physical evidence pointing to him to help validate the testimonies.

Somebody bring the marshmallows!

There's gonna be a weenie roast! ;-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

good

very good, maybe this will help bring adam and the other marshalls down. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

It's all starting to unravel.....

D. Eden's picture

And it looks like Adam, being the smug asshole that he is, is pretty sure that he has his father set up to take the fall.

Only thing is, his father is a weak example of humanity, not to mention a junkie to boot, and I predict that he will roll over on the whole deal. People like him would seek their own family up the river to protect themselves. Throw in the withdrawal effects he will suffer when the RCMP get him, and he'll roll quickly.

Yep, starting to come together now.

The big question now is just how desperate Adam will become when the noose starts tightening.

Oh, and I would bet that the fire department and police were headed to the cook house. Most of the chemicals used to cook meth are not only highly flammable (to the point of explosive - after all, explosives are measured in burn rate as they actually are simply materials that burn at an extremely high rate), but also many are highly toxic as well.

Keep it coming Hon!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Just once, though

I really was hoping Dear Old Dad would find his balls and give Adamn the beating of his life. Not gonna happen, I know. But hey, a girl's got a right to dream!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Adam was stupid and mouthing

Adam was stupid and mouthing off officer Fraser, he revealed more than they had known and showed a direct link to his family. He may think they will get away but all it did was turn their sights directly on him. Who knows, if they have decent crime scene techs they could place him at the motel or cook site! And having the sheriff's deputies handle things instead of OPP or locals was pure genius! No tainting of evidence nor mysteriously losing it en-route. I just hope that the deputy has an escort or two with him/her just in case one of the locals gets word to the Marshalls and they go after the evidence.

Bailey, you did us proud with this installment. I hope that when word finally trickles back the girls are going to feel some sense of relief.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime