Mercy Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

Mercy Chapter 13

The next few days were as close to “normal” as Faith had gotten since her transformation. She attended classes, she hung with her friends, and she spent time on her computer.

And she had her first period.

Fortunately, her body seemed to protect her from the worst of the symptoms, and so while it wasn’t an easy time, afterward she felt like she’d be okay, even during “that time of the month”.`

She even reached a kind of peace with the fact that she saw boys in a sexual way, realizing that just because she did a double-look at a boy didn’t mean she had to act on the impulse, and if she found someone special she wanted to share herself with that was okay too.

Of course, not everything was “normal”.

More than half her classes were related to her powers - two classes in Magic, a class in power theory, a class in self defense, and a flight class. But she understood the importance of learning how to control her power, especially with Brand still out there.

Despite her course load, she did find time for her friends, becoming closer to Talia, Arwen, Ivy (Flygirl), and others. She also spent time in her dreamstate with Ava, Fido, and her mother, learning all she could about her people. Along the way, she learned that when she accepted the position of protector of the Book, she got the Hawk-lord language at the same time, and in fact English was now like a second language to her.

Near the end of her first week, she got a treat - her magic class was given a tour of the magic library, and Vantier acted as a tour guide, and Vantier offered to dreamwalk with Faith if she wanted her to.

After a couple of days, Faith was feeling like a human being again.

Which was ironic because she found herself becoming less human, and more hawk-lord in some ways.

Like as the week went on, she found she needed less and less sleep, until by the end of the week she could get by with a couple of hours at the most. Uncertain what to do with herself with the extra time, Faith wandered around and discovered by accident a group calling itself the Night Owls. She was surprised to discover how many students either didn’t sleep at all or slept only in the daytime, but they seemed like a nice group, so she promised to come whenever she could to their meetings.

Unfortunately, things were about to change ....

Author’s warning. The following part gets inside the head of a person who I would consider a sick puppy. Please be careful reading this section. You might feel the need for a brain-bleach afterward., but don’t worry. I’ll be right behind you ...

Donavan:

Donavan Ryder couldn’t keep the smile from showing. Today was the day, the day when his plans would be set in motion.

Donavan was one of those people who everybody noticed, but everybody underestimated. He had two sets of powers - one that was flashy and obvious, and one that was subtle and hidden.

The flashy power was a TK field he could generate, and then channel into strength, durability, or speed. It was the source of his code name - Golden - because when the field was active it glowed a bright yellow color.

But it was the subtle power he was going to rely on to accomplish his goal - to win the girl of his dreams - Faith. That power was the ability to make a person feel good, while at the same time fogging their judgement.

In other words, he could make people high.

For some reason, girls and women were more susceptible to his power than guys were, and even before he had realized he was doing anything, Donavan was using that gift to get girls.

Unfortunately, one of those girls had moved away, and once free of his influence, she saw her time with him in a different light.

He had been lucky to not be charged with a crime, but his parents had sent him to Whately and gave the girl a large sum of money to keep the whole thing quiet.

Since he had arrived at the school, he had been very careful. There were too many magic users or psychics who might detect his power if he “pushed” anybody too hard.

But Faith had changed that.

Because Donavan had become obsessed with her.

In his eyes, she was the ideal girl. She had a mix of confidence and fear, innocence and wisdom, strength and gentleness.

And he knew he simply had to have her.

So he had nudged a teacher to make Faith his partner in one of their classes, doing an assignment that would make sure they would have time together alone.

He planned to start slowly, gently giving her a small amount of his gift. But over time, he would increase the “dose” until she would be so lost in pleasure she would agree to almost anything.

And then he would use the down side of the gift.

Because just like a drug, the pleasure he gave, if given in a large enough dose, would be addictive.

She’d be “hooked’ on him, forever.

Once that happened .... well, he had fantasies he would have her act out for him ...

And it all started today ...

To be continued ...

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

...a would be lover? This is

...a would be lover? This is going to be a battle of wills and her inner peace and take a lot of help from those who truly care about her and care for her.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

a battle of wills

yeah, I think Faith is going to need all her the help she can get ...

DogSig.png

Oh My Goodness!

Dottie, your a devious Minx! Faith, I think, will persevere, and see through Donovan's devious plan with Momma's help. Loving Hugs Talia

humm?

shadowsblade's picture

I can see this ending badly for Donavan Ryder, he will have to keep all that from those in dreamspace somehow? And after faith lets Vantier into her space, she might be able to enter at anytime? Then add Vantier might be able to 'sniff' out that change easy too?

faith has many people on her side that Donavan is not even aware of? or most of the school at large for that matter!
then with her siding toward Hawklord more and needing less sleep, he might have an issue being around her enough to keep her medicated?
Then add magic to that mix, one thing that IMO does not mix will with those who's mind is foggy. As you will fail doing spells correctly and that will get seen!

Donavan might have a heck of a time keeping this girl and maybe even alive past that first try?

good part here loved it

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

thanks, Shadowblade!

glad you liked it. You'll have to wait and see whether his plan works or not ...

DogSig.png

Goddess help me.

You have that power too. I am addicted.

(blushes)

I promise to use my power for good!

DogSig.png

Mice and men

Jamie Lee's picture

Oh dear boy, don't you realize the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray?

Donavan may be in for the shock of his life trying to pull his little stunt. Seems he didn't learn his first lesson very well, and he's at it again. Will be his butt that actually gets kicked this time? Wouldn't that be one he's MD never forget?

Others have feelings too.

"the shock of his life"

read the next chapter, and see what happened!

DogSig.png