Unlikely Quarterback – 15 What a Mom Won’t Do

Printer-friendly version


Unlikely Quarterback – 15
What a Mom Won’t Do


By Jessica C


Bryce Royce was eleven before learning he’s androgynous…
Being Elaine not a boy named Bryce, should be okay,
Except Bryce is Mr. Royce’s boy and a football player!
…Bryce/Elaine became an unlikely Quarterback;
…now more fully Elaine.


=^_^=


Tiffany, TS as I begin to call her like Nurse Laura, is driving and with Grams sitting up with her and I am riding in the back with Laura. Laura has a bubbly personality that is infectious. Our first stop is Quality Gowns. While it is nice and has plenty of people there; it is more like a dress warehouse. The biggest help is to see a variety of gowns and their prices. Grams points out the stitching on some as a problem waiting to happen. Even a high priced pink prom dress is scratchy once I try it on. Laura and TS show me an off pink that would be a nice color on me; there is also a plum red that is very nice. But Laura and I agree, each would need another color to go with it.

We checked one of the big department stores along with two women’s stores that I like. I’m a bit disappointed as we stop for a late lunch. Though I did enjoy myself trying on different gowns. There are three that I’m interested in, but as I tell the others, “There isn’t I gotta have it gown.”

Once back into Tiffany’s SUV, Laura says, “Tiffany if you know where Deidra’s Bridal Shoppe and Gowns is? I think that is where we should go next. This young one needs to get excited again.” Deidra’s looks nice from the outside. Starting with the gowns in the windows to a light fragrance as we go in, it has my attention. The bridal section is very welcoming, even for me walking by it.

The specialty gowns and dresses are an array of color and sparkle. It goes deeper back than I thought and is very spacious. We easily spent an hour there. And while I find three gowns I like a lot. Laura encourages me not to rush to a decision. We do buy a comfortable pair of shoes with a 3½ inch heels that can be dyed to match my gown.

=^_^=


I was back home with Grams in time to change, shower and get ready for Dane to take me out with Cousin Heather and her date. We got a bite to eat. It was one of those oriental restaurants where you make up your stir-fry dish choosing meats, fish, vegetables, fruits like pineapple, sauces and then watch as the dish is made before us as we step around an oval grill and many chefs take turns, mixing, cooking and turning the ingredients. Until it is done and the finished plate is handed over. Dane and Jensen each go back for another plate as it doesn’t cost extra.

There is a community play that we go to, but come intermission we leave. I for one am tired and the play wasn’t holding our interest. Heather apologizes saying, “I guess it was more for our ‘rents age.”

Going for a walk would have been nice if it weren’t raining. Parking and kissing were nice until an adult with a flashlight told us to move on. It kind of killed any interest of finding another spot.

Grams told Dane he could stay overnight, but he already told his mom, he’d be home.

=^_^=


I am excited come Sunday when Grams asked if I wanted to go out looking for a prom dress again with Laura and her again. First, we stop at a department store Laura, Grams and I are buying first buying new dresses to wear to the museum gala the following week. Mine is a simple silver and blue dress that helps me look elegant. Laura says, “You will look very pretty in that dress; it will go well with however Dane is dressed.

Grams, for a rare time to my knowledge, treats herself to a dress. Grams is a good looking woman and as Laura says, “You have a Grandma that is young and beautiful. I haven’t heard you acknowledge it.” That wasn’t fully true, but I guess I assume she knew it. Truth be told she was older than my parents which were old enough.

Laura is further along in her pregnancy than when we met at the museum. She isn’t showing much but this might be the last time she can fit into the dress she is buying until after her baby is born. I am pleased for her as her baby bump shows slightly, but it won’t stop her from wearing regular clothes like her sparkling dress. She smiles and shares it with me. She is happy because her breasts are now a full C and will fill out her dress in new ways.

=^_^=


We go back to Deidra’s Bridal Shoppe, Gowns and More. We hadn’t yet looked through half of the prom gowns when we stopped the day before. We’re in another section of gowns when a college-age saleswoman asks, “Can I help you find something special?”

Laura explained, “This will be Elaine’s first prom.”

Camille introduces herself, “My name is Camille and I will be very pleased to help you.” She looks at me and a smile of recognition comes to her face. She pauses like she’s wondering if she should say something, finally; “Pardon me, but your face and name ring a bell. I’m wondering if you’re Elaine, the co-ed quarterback from last fall.”

When I acknowledge that I am, Camille turns to Grams, “And that must make you her Grandma. I am so happy you took her in and help her to still have a home and family. I cannot understand Elaine, how someone could turn you away. Not only are you an attractive girl, but you also seemed to be fearless on the football field along with facing your detractors. I will love helping such a person find the gown of your dreams.”

Camille takes some new measurements and asks what I am looking for. She takes me to a section of long gowns and we begin looking around. I’ve pulled out a pink gown to try on, and Laura has found another that I like. I go to a changing room to try on both. Camille asks, “Would you mind if I set aside a couple of gowns you might consider?”

It was a joy to try on the pink gown but in a way, I was relieved when I decide it isn’t right for me. I had not realized when I chose it, it would cost $750. Laura’s choice of the blue gown is a beautiful one and I’d be happy in wearing it. But I want to look some more if we have the time.

Laura says, “Elaine you need to see this elegant yellow gown that Camille has found.”

I say, “I told you, I want an off pink or a blue prom gown. I don’t see me as a yellow person.”

Camille has the gown in her hand, and her expression quickly changes like I kicked the air out of her idea. She says, “That is fine, I hope sometime you will give a yellow outfit a chance. It would go well with your dark hair and fine features. I would not be surprised yellow will be seen as one of your colors someday.”

I look at the gown in her hand, the yellow sequins and yellow chiffon do look beautiful. The sequin part of the gown would hug my body. I think there is no way I have the figure to wear it and look good. My hands slip down the sides of my body while I’m shaking my head ‘no’.

Laura and then Camille say, “You don’t think you look beautiful enough to wear such an elegant gown, do you?” Camille turns to me saying, “Really, you don’t?”

Camille says to me, “You don’t need to choose this gown, but you should try it on and see how beautiful you are. I don’t know if you have a date or are going with a group, but either way, you should have a good image of yourself.”

I turn to Grams and Laura saying, “I’d like to believe I’m a regular girl, but I still look too much like Bryce. I’m even surprised Dane has asked me to the Prom. If he gets embarrassed because I’m with him at the museum, he’ll take back his invitation.”

Laura says, “Go ahead and try on the gown that Camille has chosen for you; I have an idea.” I know Laura is texting friends as I go back into the changing room.

The saleswoman followed me to the dressing rooms and hands me a bag with some things in it. I closed the door to my dressing room and begin changing out of my clothes. Then I look into the bag and see a pair of panties I could die for. I know they are too expensive. The same could be said of the satin and lace bra, but I will enjoy both for now. My nipples turn warm with the thought. The bra is a simple B cup and as I slipped it on, my breasts and my body tingle with the sensation it gives me. But there are no straps to the bra.

Camille calls into me, “How are you doing? I hope I didn’t lose you, maybe you fell asleep.”

I said, “You know better, I am much too excited to fall asleep now. I’m unbuttoning all these buttons. Even if I can get it on over my head, I’m going to need to have help buttoning up the back?”

Camille says, “I could get your grandmother to help you if you want?”

I ask, “You mean you can’t help me?”

Camille says, “I’d be honored to help you but we’d need to leave the door open a crack.”

I ask her in as I am trying to figure out how to pull it over me. I guess she had signaled my grandmother and the three of us fit into the changing room. I knelt as far as I could without going to my knees as Grams and Camille are helping to guide my hands and arms to find the sleeves. Once they were going up the sleeves my head easily finds its opening. I began to quiver as the gown is now cascading down my body. I turn my back to Camille as I’m smoothing the dress down around me. Camille is buttoning up the back of the gown and I can feel it begin to snuggly fit around my bottom, then my waist and on up as the buttons close the back of the gown.

I cannot see my face in the mirror there, but I’m surprised to see the feminine body in the gown take its shape. Once Camille is done she asks me to turn around and sit down without looking into the mirror.

Camille asks, “Is it okay if I use a little of your makeup and your brush?”

“Yes, but please don’t take too much time, I still need to try another gown or two after this. I don’t want to go home without finding something. Maybe I’ll go back to the blue gown that is very pretty.”

Cami says, “After you see yourself in this one, you will have many more possibilities open to you!” I love her enthusiasm and I am indeed excited to see how I look in this gown. Cami hasn’t used a lot of makeup, two shades of eyeshadow, a light touch of makeup and then blush. She uses some mascara saying I should have had on a pencil liner around my eyes. Finally, she hands me a new stick of lip-gloss asking, “Would you please put this on to your liking?”

“Stand up, please and let’s walk over to the big mirrors.” Laura stops me on the way and shows me pictures of women in evening dresses. One is like my new dress, but even from behind you can tell these are all very attractive women. One by one, Laura shows me them from the front and indeed they are attractive. The first picture is of Laura, I am sure the other three are her friends. Laura takes me back to the picture of the attractive woman in the dress like mine. And she asks, “Do you realize that is of you, and you’re not even made up for an evening out.”

I take a second and closer look, not believing what I’m seeing. I am no ten by any means, but with my hair done and makeup and heels. I’m already a more attractive girl that I had accepted.

Cami now leads me over to the mirror and the young teen looking back with the dark hair surely looks very beautiful in the yellow gown. I quickly fall in love with the gown. I half expect that if I wear it to the prom and have the hair extensions I want, many people will not believe it is me.

=^_^=


My phone is ringing its Sara calling. I tell her, “Sara, you should see this beautiful prom gown I found.”

Sara stops my talking, “Be quiet and listen, please! Mom says she’s near Gram’s and now knows where you’re shopping. She may act friendly but don’t be fooled. Mom is out to cause you more problems. She might not be the one who hurts you or your gown. But she plans to at least to be around to see you cry or get angry.”

I am visibly shaken as I drop my phone reaching for something to hold me up.

Laura has picked up my phone and listens to what Sara is saying.

“How can a woman, especially a Mom be like this?” Laura soon has out her phone, “TS please answer. Call me back as soon as you get this message this is Laura with Elaine, we have a problem!”

‘I don’t want to cry, I want to tell Grams, Cami and Laura I was wrong. I want to tell them I love the gown and it’s my prom dress!’ Cami hands some tissue, “Please protect your gown. Whatever it is can’t be that bad.”

Grams calls someone, asking for help. Now she’s calling my Mom. “Audrene, where are you?” …you don’t mean to come and cause your daughter problems, do you?” It is not hard to tell Grams and my Mom are in total disagreement.

“Now listen here daughter of mine. You better listen to me and let us talk sensibly. …If you are outside, please don’t you come in and make yourself a public fool.”

I can hear Laura telling Tiffany, “Tiff don’t lose any time getting here, It sounds like the witch might be outside waiting for us. …Yes, the same place we ended at yesterday.”

I do not like what I’m hearing and I ask, “Laura can you help me to change out of this quickly. I want you to put it someplace it will be safe.”

My Mom waited for some reason before coming in. I quickly change, though I may be poorly put together. I get out of the dressing room hoping to confront my Mom. I hear her voice coming from near the entrance. But looking around I see friends of hers John and Bonnie Devlin. Bonnie appears ready to grab Grams when I quickly step in between them. She slaps at me and I catch her hand and sweep my foot to trip her. John has a sock he uses to hit me. It has something hard and it hurts. I’m determined to stay standing and I claw back at him. I am not as strong as him, but I am in good condition and know how to maintain my balance. “Where’s your dress faggot?" He swings again at my face and all I can do is block it the best I can.

Soon we hear a police whistle and Bonnie and John turn to run. I tackle Jack and just continue to grabbing and holding him until I hear an officer. “It’s okay you can let go of him and get up. No one is going anyplace until we say so.” I see Officer Tiffany, another Officer who identifies herself as Captain Briggs and another Sgt. Nick Towner.

Tiffany had seen my mother, who had said she wasn’t part of the trouble. Tiffany asked her, “Can you tell me why you are here?”

Mom snaps back at her, “I do have a real daughter who is interested in going to the prom?” Mom is stumped when asked why her daughter is not with her.

Officer Briggs had taken John to question him alone, while Officer Towner was questioning Bonnie Devlin. Most of their answers were the same, but Bonnie acknowledges, “We had been riding with Mrs. Royce and we came to the store after Audrene had received a phone call.”

Grams later told Officer Briggs, “Earlier I had seen Ms. Colleen Schmidt. She was an old friend of Audrene’s and she said hello to me. She didn’t seem to be seriously shopping but I don’t want to jump to conclusions and get her involved.”

Officer Janis Briggs says to Grams, “What appears to be a coincidence often turns out not to be. Do not worry, either way. We will just take one step at a time and things will determine who is involved and who isn’t.”

Deputy Tiffany Reed reported to Captain Briggs, “Mrs. Royce told me, she came here alone. The discrepancy is upsetting to me.”

Officer Briggs asks my mother, “Audrene Royce did you know your friends would be here?”

Mom says, “No, I already told your rude Deputy that I drove here alone. I was near the entrance of the store when the trouble broke out. How do you expect that a woman entering the store would know who’s already here?”

Officer Briggs says, “That creates a problem for us, as the Devlins have already said they rode here with you. Would you like to change your story?”

Mom says, “I would like to speak with a lawyer as I believe there’ been a mistake.”

=^_^=


Officer Briggs in taking charge, “I’d like Elaine, Mrs. Newton, and Nurse Laura Andersen to come to the Sheriff’s Office in two hours to complete your statements and to be interviewed further.”

Laura asks, “Would it be possible to come to the Sheriff’s office in the morning? I have a long shift at the hospital beginning at seven this evening?”

I speak up, “Laura did not get involved in the scuffle; I believe that was out of concern for her pregnancy.”

“If that is true, please simply state that now. I will ask you to report to the Sheriff’s Office by noon tomorrow.” Laura confirmed both her pregnancy and her standing with Grams as a result.

=^_^=


My mother and the Devlins went with the officers to the Sheriff’s Office. I cry with Grams and Laura is hugging the two of us.

Camille returns half apologizing along with asking if we were alright. She asks, “Would you like me to hold the yellow or blue gowns? We can hold them for when you’d feel more like continuing to look at them or others.”

I shake my head no. “I am not quite sure, what the next step should be, but before my mother and others interrupted I was already set on the yellow gown you had me try. I hope I didn’t damage it by getting out of it so fast. I wanted you to take it some safe place.”

Laura says, “How would she have been able to do that? She stopped the woman you called Bonnie from attacking again you.”

Cami smiles, “It got to a safe spot and is still there. I hope I’m not in trouble for taking sides but you are my customer.” She encourages us to come into the back where there are a larger changing room and a place to take measurements and mark the dresses as needed. She turns to Laura, “Are you willing to help me get Elaine into her gown after she changes out of her outfit?” Laura readily agrees and they both reach for a chair Grams can sit in. I’m fitted for my prom dress.

Grams, “Might I ask what the gown costs before we go any further?” I hadn’t thought of the cost before as I did not plan to be selecting it. Camille had asked me to amuse her and treat myself by trying it on. I am now sighing in concern. I think this is prettier than one that was priced at $750.

Camille asks, “How much do you think it costs?”

I am holding my blouse in front of me, “I don’t even want to guess.”

Grams says, “Even if it is near $600, we will find a way to make it work.” My heart glows with a little hope.

Laura says, “I think I saw the price, so I’ll be happy if it’s true.”

Camille says, “Before the 15% discount and other possible saving it was priced at $498.95.”

I ask, “What other savings might there be?”

Camille whispers, “If you take your time in making a decision and especially if you consider going elsewhere. Well, the manager might be willing to make an offer like adding a discount or something offered off of shoes.”

I turn to Grams, “But I want this gown, I don’t want to go looking some other place.”

Laura jokes with Grams, “Maybe Elaine hit her head in that struggle.” I’m ready to say I’m alright but realize what is being said. I have on the gown and I’m up on the pedestal where alterations might be made.

Grams says, “Now is the time for a few tears if you can find them.”

I moan to Camille, “It’s not that it isn’t worth it and I do love the gown, but I can’t let Grams pay that much for this gown. Instead of having a fitting, I’m afraid we will have to look some more.”

I hear from the doorway of the dressing room, “Young lady please don’t go making any rash decisions. Why is it up to your Grandmother to pay for your gown?”

Camille speaks up before I can. “This is the young woman who was attacked earlier and her mother was one of the people taken away by the officers. This is Elaine Royce the former Quarterback, and her parents aren’t taking any more responsibility than what the courts required.”

Grams says, “I will try to find a way to purchase it if possible. But I can’t afford to lose a deposit if we decide on a less expensive gown somewhere.” When asked how much she has, Grams says, some good friends have given over $150 toward her prom night, but there are some big expenses along with the prom dress.”

Sofia Mitchner introduces herself saying, “You are correct there are many other expenses if a young woman is going to enjoy her prom. Camille have you allowed her to use one of our nicer sets of panties and bras to try on this gown? I know you often do.”

Camille hesitates in saying yes but does.

“Well Elaine, I can’t picture you as a football player, even though they say you tackled a man earlier. That is why I was called in. I’m the owner of the store, so if I want, I can make whatever I want to happen.”

“This is a very beautiful gown and it will not likely be here another two weeks. I am not of a mind to let it go for half price but I will sell it to you for $375.00 and give you the panty/bra set if you’d buy a nice stocking set for $15.00. You will still get an additional 15% off from the store promotion. I do want to figure Camille’s commission before the additional discount. If the store is not named in a lawsuit she will even get a $50.00 bonus. It is my understanding she and you prevented things from getting uglier than it was.”

Ms. Mitchner turns to Grams, “I am sorry to say but the offer is for today and Elaine deciding without looking anywhere else.”

I am excited, “Grams, that is like everything for $340 or 50 dollars, please?”

Sofi turns to Laura, “Its Laura Andersen now isn’t it? How come when you’re around we end up making good deals for you and your friends?”

Laura smiles, “It might be because you like repeat customers. I let Elaine look at other places yesterday.”

The owner says to Laura, “Did I read correctly in the newspaper that you and your husband have been invited to the Ryders Museum for a special showing starting next weekend?”

“That is correct and would you like to guess who will be on the arm of the young Artist Dane Pedersen?”

Sofia comes over and gives me a hug, saying, “He must be a special young man as well as a gifted artist. Congratulations, is he also the young man taking you to the prom?”

=^_^=


Sofia says to Camille, “Let me see if I can still do a good fitting of a gown?” With that, she asks me to be patient with her. I am not sure if she has ever been a seamstress and it kind of worries me, but what could I say. She asks, “Is it okay to fit this nice and snug? You cannot go out and break your diet before the prom. No gorging yourself on chocolate and Cadbury eggs this Easter.”

She asks, “Are you use to wearing long gowns, high heels and having a slit off to the side of your skirt?” I turn a bit red, knowing until this winter I hadn’t be able to do any of it without sneaking a few minutes for possibly even one. “I didn’t think so. I would like to open the skirt here. Your legs are a little shorter than the skirt of this gown. I would like to have the bottom of the gown to here; where it is just brushing the floor. I want you to find something to practice dancing in. If needed a week before your prom we can shorten it another inch and a half.”

"We are planning on you looking exquisite yet age-appropriate. I do not like young women giving their young men and others the wrong impression. I do however suggest you and your grandmother decide what would be proper in giving your breasts some lift for the upper appearance of you and your gown.”

It is getting close to 5:00 pm. and Laura is still with us as I’m just got out of the gown. Laura pushes herself into my changing room to hug me. She needs to leave. “Jack is picking me up, and TS will come to your house to help get my car to the hospital. You and Grams should have no trouble driving my vehicle home.”

I say, “You can’t.” The truth she has little choice as there is not a good taxi service out to Grams.

Tiffany is out to Grams by six o’clock. She and I drive to meet Laura as she goes to the hospital at 6:30 pm. It will be the start of her long night. Hopefully, I would have remembered to thank Laura on my own when I saw her. But Tiffany does me the favor of urging me to be express my appreciation and thanks to Laura. It brings tears to my eyes. I’m not only thankful for her help in finding the prom gown. I am moved that Laura did so much and now has a twelve-hour shift at the hospital. Laura wants to show me and my dress off to the nurses in her area. Many of them she says remember me from when I was a patient.

Alas, Tiffany reminds me that Grandma and I still need to go make a report. I ask, “Tiffany, what did they decide with my Mom and the Devlins?”

“You will need to meet with Captain Briggs before you’re told if anything about the others. She will probably want your report and interview done before they tell you any more.”

Tiffany says, “Are you going to show me a picture of your gown?” I almost forgot that I had any pictures as Laura and Grams took most of them. I showed her two pictures that Laura had sent to me that are flattering.

Our time at the County Sheriff’s Office takes an hour and a half; Grams and I are both exhausted afterward. Captain Briggs says, “Your Mom is facing three charges and each of the Devlins is facing two charges all from the incident today. We will wait to see if the County Attorney wants to add or modify any charges after reading your reports and my evaluation.”

=^_^=


It is 9:00 when we finally get home and Grams gives me a hug saying, “Elaine you impressed me with how well did today, coming through all that so well. You have to be so pleased with the beautiful gown you have for your prom. Someone years older would be proud of being so strong.”

I burst into tears, hugging Grams as I cry on her shoulder. “Grams, I am not strong or brave and I’m not more mature.” Grams holds me, encouraging me to let my tears come.

Finally, Grams asks me, “So what’s happening inside?”

“Grams, no one knows but I’m barely a teenager inside. I’ve been so frightened and afraid since I first tried to be me at thirteen. Dr. Anne told me I was holding back, but I didn’t believe her. She was right, I only acted like I’m brave.” Before today, I was hoping my Dad was getting better and things would all turn outright. “Grams, Mom scared me to death. It is like no place is safe. Look at what I’ve done to your daughter. Please don’t hate me for the trouble she is in.”

Grams too is crying, “Elaine, it does tear at my heart about your mother. She will always be my daughter, but you didn’t cause any of her problems. It is sad to say, but your mother has been in denial. She has become sick. Since she was a teenager, she’s been controlling and seeing things her way. You and Sara are the two good things she and your father have done. I don’t know how you two have turned out so well?”

“We’ve turned out well?”

To be continued…

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A good chapter

Renee_Heart2's picture

Now we see mom's TRUE colors it's not all dad but mom too. A controlling BITCH!!! I don't know where she gets it for as grandma isn't like that... The charges are as follows as I see them. Attempted assult on a minir, conspicery to commit assult on a minor, creating a public disturbance violation of an active restraining order (that may have only been on dad) & making false statements to a police officer during an investigation aka obstructing justice.

I'm happy that Elin found her prom gown she deserves it and as for what she c did in the store she was just protecting her self & keeping a criminal from excaping brave, maybe... but it's also self preservation.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Reading

Beoca's picture

I was having issues getting through this last time, but I'm having an easier time now. Not sure what changed, but I'll keep going with this series. Always good to see idiots taught a lesson.

Why

waif's picture

Isn't Mr. Devlin being charged with a serious felony? In every state that I ever heard of, striking someone with a weighted sock is a felony. Even punching a person with a coin roll in your fist elevates a simple misdemeanor assault to a felony.

Hopefully, they will check cell phone use to prove the conspiracy.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Yellow can be a very

Yellow can be a very effective color if teamed up with certain hair colors.
As Elaine was hit by some hard object contained within the sock that Mr. Devline attempted to use on her; I would, if I were one of the officers, charge him with possession and use of a deadly weapon, and also charge him with Assault in the First Degree. Both are Felonies.
Many people have the misconception that deadly weapons are only blade weapons, ie knives or firearms such as hand guns or long guns. There are many, many different items that can be considered as deadly weapons when used in a manner that they were not designed for. Example a hammer, or a bat.
Elaine's mother strikes me as a person who has a Bi-Polar mentality disorder covered over by her drinking, and her view of life from a STRICT religious bent.
Hopefully, the courts WILL require her to undergo mental evaluations.

Flipping loonies

Jamie Lee's picture

Choosing a gown/dress for the prom is supposed to be a fun adventure, the start of memories which mesh with the prom itself.

But not this time. No, not this time. While there are happy memories about searching for the perfect gown/dress, the flipping loonies crawled out of the woodwork and ruined those memories. Now when Elaine thinks about her first prom, what the flipping loonies did will over shadow all those happy memories.

Flipping loonies are self centered AH who care nothing about the rights of others. They can't see they are nothing more than a bunch of terrorists. They believe themselves above the law, morally superior to those who don't believe as they do. They have perverted something which should be beautiful into something that reeks of gutter slime.

Mom is a real piece of work. Self centered, blind, ignorant, mentally deficient. Her only concern are those things she believes are right. She lacks empathy for others, cares nothing for others. Doesn't care about the harm she causes others just as long as she can spoil their activities.

Gram is so right that Elaine is not the cause of her daughters' behavior. Elaine has done nothing but be who she needs to be, experience new feelings, learn how to live as the beautiful girl others can see.

Now if Elaine can see that same beautiful girl. And stop blaming herself for the stupid actions of others.

Others have feelings too.

The Unlikely Quarterback was...

Never hit so hard as when it hits home. Thanks for your understanding, Separating things and hearing Grams in her head, doesn't take away the hurt Elaine feels. It does help her however to let it out and not stuff it deep inside.

Hugs of love, Jessie c

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors