Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 229

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Down The Stairs,
by Angharad glin blin*
part 229.

"I hear you fell off your bike?" Stella said to Simon.

"Yeah, a relatively gentle tumble."

"So you're not badly injured then?"

"No, but thank you for your sisterly concern?"

"I'm not concerned, just wondering why you didn't help Cathy clean the bikes."

"She knows what she's doing."

"She could have shown you if you'd waited. She isn't the chauffeuse you know!"

"No she's the cook," he winked at me, but I ignored it.

"I'm going for a shower," I said, "I'll leave you two to exchange sweet nothings." With that I walked out and went up to my bedroom.

I came down expecting to have to cook for all of us, so I was relatively scruffy, in jeans and sweater.

"Put your glad rags on girl, Simon is taking you out for dinner."

"What?" I do a great line in sparkling retorts.

"Go and change into something nice and put on some slap, 'cos big bruv is taking you out for dinner."

"Why?" you can see the glitter from there can't you?

"Because it was remiss of me to firstly, not help wash the bikes and secondly, to suggest you are the cook. You are my fiancee and I am sorry."

"That's okay, no offence taken and you can wash the bikes next time."

"I'd also like to take you out to dinner."

"Just me? What about the others?"

"Tom's out somewhere, and I'm not that hungry. I'm sure I can find something in the fridge or freezer."

"Why don't you come with us?" I asked Stella.

"Nah, I'm quite tired, so I shall have a snack and go to bed."

"I'm not sure I can be bothered getting all dressed up at this time."

"Hey, you haven't been a woman long enough to use that excuse," said my future sister in law.

"Headache?"

"No, it's food not sex."

"Oh, erm, period pain."

"You what?"

"I suppose pregnancy is out then?"

"Honestly Cathy, you are funny. Now go and change and be quick about it."

"Come on babes, I've made a reservation."

"Oh bum! Alright." I ran up the stairs and took off my jeans and sweater and the tee shirt underneath. I had a black pair of panties and bra on, so unless I changed those too, I needed something dark. I had a black top, which I pulled off the hanger, then the red and black skirt and the red boots. I finished it with a red scarf and then did my hair and make up. I think the whole thing took about fifteen to twenty minutes.

"Hmm, I may have to throw you out of the girl's club," said Stella.

"What have I done now?" I asked not even sure what she was on about.

"You managed to look presentable in less than two hours."

"You told me to hurry."

"Oh alright, I'll let you off this time."

I shook my head and looked at Simon. "Will I do?"

"I think you look splendid. I always like that skirt."

"You'll have to lose some weight if you want to borrow it," I said and smiled at him.

He blushed and laughed. "Come on Missy, your carriage awaits."

I grabbed my coat and bag and off we went. He took me to a nice Chinese restaurant. I like some Chinese food but not enough to make it worth while ordering a full menu for two, I'd much rather pick particular items, so that's what we did. I had chicken fried rice and beef in mushrooms while Simon had about six other things, including birds nest soup. As that is made from the saliva of cave swallows, I decided I didn't want a taste! Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good.

Simon also finished half of my stuff, it was too much really but it was a nice way to spend a Saturday evening. Tomorrow was my last day of freedom, on monday, I wasn't allowed to eat anything after lunch and I had to use a suppository to try and empty my bowels. Apparently things like enemas happened when I got to hospital. I wasn't looking forward to that.

"A penny for them."

"I don't think they are worth that."

"Can I be the judge of that?" asked Simon.

"I was thinking about Tuesday." I blushed as I said it.

"Not having second thoughts?"

"No, but I'm a bit scared."

"It's a big step to take, an irrevocable one."

"Yes I know, and I hope it's irrevocable, 'cos I don't want it to grow back, having it the first time is a nuisance!"

"So what are you scared of?"

"Pain, the unknown, that sort of thing."

"Haven't you spoken with anyone who's had it done?"

"Not for a long time, I tend not to hang around with others."

"Why not, don't they have support groups and things?"

"I'm sure they do, but it's not my scene, okay?"

"Okay, don't bite my head off, I'm only trying to help."

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm just a bit edgy, that's all."

"That's okay, no problem. Do you want to do anything?"

"Just go home," I felt my eyes filling and I ran off to the toilet and shut myself in a cubicle where I sobbed to myself. I was frightened and angry with myself for being a scaredy cat. But I couldn't help it.

I was there for some time and eventually someone came in and called my name. "Cathy, are you alright, Simon is getting worried?"

"Yes, I'll be out in a minute."

"Are you okay, really?" asked the pleasant female voice.

"Yeah, I'm on, got a bit of tummy ache."

"Oh poor you, I think I've got some pain killers here, if you want one?"

"No, it's okay thanks, I've just taken one."

"I always find evening primrose oil helps."

"Thanks, I think I have some at home, although I usually take starflower oil." I was getting better at lying, but I had seen an article on it in some womens' magazine, or maybe the paper.

"I don't know that one, does it help?"

"I think it does a bit," I lied unable to be more specific.

"I'll have to try it then, thanks. I'll tell Simon you haven't fallen down the hole."

"Yeah, tell him I'm having a hot flush."

"Oh, very good. Bye then." I heard the door close and I emerged from my cell and took a look at my makeup. Much of it was down my cheeks. I washed off what I could and went back out into the restaurant, collected my coat and allowed Simon to give me his arm as we left.

Back in the car, he asked how I was.

"I'll be okay, I'm just tired."

"Yeah me too, that bloody bike ride I think and my bum is sore, well stiff rather than sore."

I smirked, yes smirked. "We'd better go again tomorrow then."

"What!" he sounded horrified.

"Well hair of the dog and all that," I said smirking again.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

* glin blin = sore knee (been cycling).

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Umh, hon?

Cathy, hon, it's called waterproof makeup. Saves a lot of time and hassle - crying or sweating.

KJT

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Janis Joplin


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Awwww, Mawidge

Gawd,they're such a couple, ain't they?

Good to see that Simon's extracted his cranial dome from his dorsal nether region...

I'd think that Cathy'd be a bundle of nerves. She's nearing the completion of a life goal, but she's not there yet, and surgery's a scary thing... Then again, she's been spending so much time in hospitals lately she'll probably feel right at home....

But who's gonna bake bread for her?

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
~ Mark Twain

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Stella Should Have Been There

For the dinner considering what happened there. I must admit that Simon is learning how to be considerate of Cathy and her feelings. It is nice to see this bloke grow into the Prince that Cathy needs. I just wonder what misadventures she will have while in the hospital.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Go again tomorrow huh...

Nice episode. Thanks.

Riding 2 days in a row... Simon won't be too stiff? :-) Looking forward to hearing how that ride goes.

Come On

Simon! You can do it. Cathy will help. Sort of. When she isn't laughing.

if she's laughing...

Then I'll be hyena'ing. ;P

Abigail Drew.

Support ?

There you go, toss some letters into a hat, and however they come out, you make words. indecipherable!
Can you imagine ? a location where tg /tv people can chat ! What is Simon thinking of.
Simon, do you think Cathy's a little scared of the SRS coming up? And I don't mean the wizard's place

Cefin

Cefin