Secondhand Life - Part 45

Printer-friendly version

When I got back to my suite, Dennis informed me that Matt wanted me to call him.

“No need. We just met in the coffee shop.” I smiled.

Denis grinned. “I just got off the phone with him. He seemed a little embarrassed.”

I rolled my eyes and called Matt.

“I'm still fine.” I smiled as he picked up the phone.

He laughed. “Jeez, I'm not that worried. No.... it's just... you sort of derailed me at the coffee shop. That wasn't what I wanted to talk about.”

“Oh, so you don't care how I'm doing after my near death experience?” I said with exaggerated offense.

“You're doing it again!” Matt chided through his laughs.

“I wanted to talk ….business.” Matt said with more than a little hesitation.

“Business?” I was surprised, but my overwhelming reaction was ….curiosity.

“Uh... some old contacts of mine.... uh... saw some of the coverage of the ...uh... phone videos from the people on the beach yesterday.... and noticed me in the background ...uh... with Nancy.”

“Um hmm....” I made a small ...'go on' sound.

“So.... they wanted to know....” Then he laughed. “Actually, they wanted to know a lot. What I was doing in Hawaii, what I was doing on that beach. Who that girl was...”

“Nancy.” I posited.

“Nancy.” He confirmed. “Actually, they had a million questions, but the real question, the only one that really mattered to them, was 'Did I have anything on The Supermodel and the Seamonster'”

“You DID have a camera hanging around your neck. That must have been a rhetorical question.” I laughed.

Matt laughed back. “I guess so. I guess the real question, although no one ever came out and asked it... was 'what have you got and how much are you asking?'”

“Business.” I smiled.

“I didn't give anyone a direct answer, but promised I would... I was working for you. For your fashion friends, I guess.... it's their material. I was on the clock for them. It's their stuff.”

I nodded. “True.”

I held the silence for a Keller-long time. I could tell it was torturing Matt.

“The material isn't yours to sell.”

Matt remained quiet. And I let him simmer in silence a little longer.

“This is why you sucked as a paparazzo.” I said flatly.

There was a pause while the stunned Matt grappled with how to react to my unexpected declaration. Then he exploded in a guilty laugh.

Good.

“Obviously, the stuff you got that would be more.... action scenes.... the blurry, swoopy, frantic shots and video.... well, they are decidedly NOT what you were hired to shoot. They are of NO use for Ads and fashion spreads.... so getting @reaLI to waive any claims to them should be pretty easy... Leave it to me.” I said, all businesslike.

“But they're probably worth a small fortune....” Matt objected.

“Not unless they decide to pivot and become a news outlet instead of a fashion house. Anyway, they can't use any of it without a signed talent release.” I said gently.

Matt snorted into the phone. “You would do that to them?”

“I would do that. ….FOR you.” I said quietly.

Matt seemed stunned. “I don't want to get you... I uh... don't want Katherine to piss off....”

I cut him off with a dismissive 'pffft'. “Oh, there's plenty of room left on the enemies list.”

I grinned to myself. “It was pretty full when I got it, but if I add to it, it's just more of the same.” I said breezily. “Anyway, I don't think it will make too many waves.... worst case, you won't get your full fee because you didn't complete the assignment.”

“Uh... because we were interrupted... by a shark!”

“Still. If they want to play hardball, you don't get a full fee.... I'll still make sure you get full photographer attribution... you get a pro-rated fee and you get full ownership of any unused material for... whatever use you choose.”

Matt laughed. “Yeah. IF I can get a signed talent release.”

I grinned. “I think what you'll be keeping could probably be considered 'eye witness news footage' all gathered outdoors in public. I think even if your subject balked.... which I don't see happening... you would have little trouble making a legal case for use of your material with or without the permission of the subject.”

Matt let out a sigh. “Yeah. I guess you're right. I guess I don't need your ...or anyone's... permission if I can make a case the material IS my property..... I had thought I'd need a signed....”

“I stand corrected.” I loudly interrupted. “THAT is why you sucked as a paparazzo!”

Matt laughed.

We agreed I'd 'work it out' with Rei, Andy & Jamal. Which wouldn't be an issue since the whole shoot was my idea and being bankrolled by Hauteshot's angel infusion. Matt didn't need to know that. Rei Andy and Jamal were more than happy to just get the 'fashion shots', and for the considerable buzz around the shoot which was getting them a fair amount of collateral publicity.

I did insist that Matt work with Dennis over how to market his material.

Dennis dutifully complied with my request, but he seemed quite ambivalent. I don't think he ever expected himself to be on the selling side of the paparazzi food chain. I pointed out that he knew the market and the players better than anyone else on our small team. I teased that this was his chance to make the parasite press pay, and no one knew better how much the market would bear, than someone who had been on the receiving end of the celebrity scandal machine. I think I made him feel a little better about what I was asking him to do. He wanted to help Matt make as much as he could on this nearly as much as I did. I also reminded him that Matt hadn't planned any of what happened... he just happened to be in the right place at the right time... with a camera. I almost had him convinced that it would be immoral to suppress the photos... but I began to feel I was overselling, so I backed off.

Still, I managed to assuage Dennis' ambivalence over selling the pictures to the sensationalist press.

Calming his dismay at combing through those often alarming pictures and videos, was harder.

I would frequently keep an eye on Dennis and Matt poring over his photos and videos. Whenever I'd see Dennis getting wide eyed or blanching at something, I'd interrupt them by loudly announcing “Still HERE.” And waving an arm from head to toe like a game-show model. “Still intact!”

I realized I was using that same disruptive distraction technique I first ambushed Eoin with on that morning show at the beginning of our North American tour.

Next time I saw Dennis and Matt look shaken staring at a photo, I cupped my hands to my mouth and shouted “Spoiler Alert! She LIVES....” with a smug grin.

That did it. Their dismay turned to nervous relief as they laughed along with me. I think I successfully derailed their emotional reaction going over those admittedly disturbing pics and vids.

Once I was sure Dennis and Matt were OK, I was free to huddle with Mikey and get back to planning our Luau stunt.

It wasn't easy, but once again my amazingly resourceful team of collaborators managed to make the improbable and hopefully unimaginable seem downright unavoidable.

##

I got a few hours sleep before getting ready for the Luau.

It occurred to me after everything I had put them through, it would be polite to invite Matt and Nancy to join us at the Luau.

“Nancy's already going.” Matt said with a chuckle. “I think her aunt is afraid to leave her alone after what you did to her.”

“Hey!” I protested. “She can't think any of that was actually my idea?”

Matt chuckled. “I don't think she knows what to think of you. Anyway, she's dragging Nancy along to the Luau whether she wants to go or not.”

“I'll talk with Colleen at the Luau. You said Nancy is doing better?”

“Not better” Matt said, “but you've definitely changed her playlist. I really do think this will be easier to fix. OK. Yeah. Maybe better.” he conceded.

“Can her aunt see that?” I asked uncertainly.

“Maybe not yet. But she will.” Matt smiled.

“OK. Nancy is already going. So. …..Wanna come?” I grinned into the phone.

“Should I bring my camera?” I could hear the smile in Matt's voice.

“I have every expectation that tonight will be MUCH less exciting.”

Matt laughed.

“But just as surreal. So yeah. Bring your camera. It's your cover for being in my entourage anyway, but I'm optimistic you'll get some …..good stuff.” I beamed.

##

Mikey and Dennis assured me we were all set for the corporate Luau. Dennis even bragged that he got the bar to stock Absinthe especially for me, but Avitae proved difficult to wrangle, so I would have to settle for plain water.

“Absinthe and agua is still A&A” I smiled. “Anyway, this time I'm planning on nursing ONE all night!”

Dennis smiled and nodded. “Still, it's affairs like this that prompted Katherine to come up with that tamper-resistant drink. I wouldn't let you go in there defenseless.”

“I already had Mikey working on a fallback.” I smirked.

“I told the event coordinator that Ms Keller had specific dietary requirements.” Mikey beamed. “Including a non alcoholic fruit based refreshment that she wanted to make available to everyone who chose not to patronize the bar.”

Dennis shot us a look. “Fruit based refreshment?”

I smiled “All totally vegan. Apple, pineapple, passionfruit, guava, papaya, apricot, orange. Here they just call it punch.”

Dennis processed this for a moment. I saw the grin slowly form across his face.

“Hawaiian Punch?” He asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

“Here it's just punch. In Canada, they call Canadian Bacon 'Bacon'. In America they call American Cheese 'Cheese'.” I smiled.

Dennis rolled his eyes. But he couldn't suppress his grin. “So you had them stock the Luau with Hawaiian punch.” he snorted.

“Well, I didn't know you'd be able to score me A&A. I had no idea they had Absinthe in Hawaii.” I looked Dennis in the eye. “Have YOU ever seen a Hawaiian goth?”

Dennis laughed out loud. “There are a LOT of things I never expected to see. But since knowing you, less and less surprises me.”

We got to the Luau more or less on time, still, from the rambunctious crowd, it looked like it had been raging for hours.

“Welcome to the real shark pool, hon.” Dennis said quietly into my ear as we left the car.

“It looks more like a frat party than a Luau.” I observed.

“Bullseye. All these tightly wound type-a corporate strivers put on a loud shirt, stupid straw hat, pour some rum down their throats and morph into extras from all those bawdy teen comedies they loved as horny teens. Watch your ass.” He warned.

I nodded. Then Dennis shook his head and grinned.

“No. That wasn't an expression. That's a literal warning. These guys are out of control. A lot of the women too.” He flashed a jaded grin.

“Good to know. Shields up.” I grinned. Dennis gave me a gentle pat on the shoulder, slid his arm down around my waist and we sauntered into the chaos.

“THERE she is!....” Eoin proclaimed from across a sea of boisterous revelers. He pried himself from a gaggle of women who were virtually hanging all over him, fondling him like a coveted trophy.

“Sweetie!” I exclaimed loudly and held open my arms as he quickly scurried through the throng and fell into them.

“What the hell took you so long?” he whispered as he appeared to be nuzzling my neck.

“You seemed to be getting along rather well without me.” I whispered back into his ear. “Am I going to have to have you dusted for prints later so I know where to send my green monster?”

Eoin shuddered slightly. “My god. I thought they were going to eat me alive.”

I chuckled. “Don't worry. They wouldn't dare. They need you for Spartacus. For the moment, you have a stand-in.” and I motioned my head in the direction of the large boar roasting on the spit.

Eoin let out a small laugh. “Poor bastard.”

I nodded. “Yeah. His last film went over budget and underperformed.” I laughed.

“Thank God we're a hit.” he chuckled.

“Have you seen Dez, Colleen or Cyril?” I asked.

“I thought I saw Colleen with that creepy quiet girl. I think Cyril got lucky with a hula girl. I saw them sneaking out a few minutes ago. And Dez...... yeah, over there.” and he pointed to a large mob of people.

“I don't see any pitchforks, and the tiki torches all still seem to be on their stands, but still.... think he'd welcome a rescue?” I smiled to Eoin. He returned the smile and we tore into the drunken crowd like a coast guard cutter.

“Ah! HERE are our stars!” Dez loudly exclaimed as he glimpsed us through the crowd pressing in on him. The boisterous crowd turned and eyed us like hungry animals.

I felt Eoin falter and begin to slow down, so I pressed my palm into the small of his back and propelled him along with me. Pasting on a large smile and saying through my bared teeth “Remember. ...Rescue!”

“Oh my goodness. Thank you everybody! This is so overwhelming. You really didn't have to do all this!” I permasmiled gesturing at the large Luau spread. I knew they thought I was thanking them for doing this for us, when we all knew it was just an excuse for them to let their hair down and get unhinged in a judgment free environment.

The mob all smiled and raised their tiki mugs.

“Who's empty?” I shouted with a huge grin. “Next round's on me!”

And with that everyone lowered their hoisted drinks and stampeded to the bar.

Suddenly freed from his crowd of 'admirers', Dez smiled glancing from Eoin to me.

“You do know, this is an open bar event?” He flashed a sly smile.

I grinned and nodded. Looking at the throng accosting the poor bar crew. “I guess they forgot?”

Dez snorted. “Half of them probably don't even remember their own names.” He then turned to Eoin and me. “If you want to skip your performances, that's fine. It's not exactly an attentive crowd. No matter how hard you knock yourselves out on stage, no one will remember a thing the morning after.”

“That's why I brought a witness.” I cocked my thumb in the direction of Mikey and Dennis guarding a teetering Matt on his crutches from the drunken stumbling crowd. Dez saw the large DSLR around Matt's neck.

“Do you ever worry that you'll oversaturate the tabloids and they'll become sick of you?” Dez grinned.

I rolled my eyes.”Oh, God. If I thought there were even a chance of that I'd do whatever it takes to get them over their Katherine Keller fixation.”

Dez shot me a glance. He knew I meant it. If I could find a way to get the paparazzi off Katherine's back before she returned, I would do whatever it took. But we both knew that was a pipe dream.

“So,” Dez asked “...should we get your performances done before this whole event devolves into a giant melee?”

“Or an orgy” I muttered. Eoin snorked.

We all safely retreated to the crude stage area and prepared for our performances. Dez said something about Colleen and Cyril planning a duet, but that Cyril seemed to be M.I.A. And Colleen appeared to have her hands full with her niece and the drunken executives. Eoin and I quickly agreed that we could pick up any slack. Given the attention span of the crowd, shorter was better anyway. Since Eoin only had to get into his priest garb, we agreed he'd go first since I confessed I'd need a little more ….prep. That brought raised eyebrows from Dez & Eoin, but they quickly shrugged it off. I guess they figured they would find out soon enough.

The musicians at the Luau were quite good. They accompanied the orchestral stem Kirk sent along, and Eoin's performance of “Call me Father” was surprisingly true to the version in the film. Which really means it was a bit of a snooze, and could not hold the attention of the inebriated crowd.

As he left the stage, a bit glum over the lackluster reception, I tried to console him.

“Look at this crowd. Nothing's gonna move them short of Louie Louie …. or maybe Chumbawumba” I laughed.

Eoin smiled and nodded. “You seem pretty cheerful for someone who is going to face the same crowd...only even drunker the longer you take.”

“They're not the ones I want to entertain tonight.” I shot him a wicked grin and a wink. “Oh, by the way. You may want to leave the costume and collar ON tonight. It may help dampen the …ardor... of your admirers.”

He grinned and nodded, refastened his collar and slipped out to join the crowd.

Mikey helped wrangle my ...props... while I got into my costume.

I discreetly slid over to the musicians to confirm that they were on board with the plan. They grinned and nodded. They got Kirk's charts and the mp3 of the original song. They were clear on the changes I wanted made to the arrangement and had worked on it all afternoon. They assured me that I would not be disappointed.

“Remember” I smiled. “There is no such thing as over the top here. Trowel it on as thick as you can then trowel it on some more. OK?” They all grinned and nodded.

I beamed at them. “Alright then. Let's turn some heads!”

The orchestral opening from the MP3 Kirk sent blared over the sound system and a handful of heads turned, but most just kept to their drinking and talking even louder to get over the music.

But when the slide guitar came in where anyone who was paying attention expected to hear a string section, a few more heads in the crowd turned to the stage.

It was clearly, unmistakably recognizable as “Anywhere... from here.” Dez's none too subtle ...'tribute'... to Julie Andrews opening number in The Sound of Music. Only this was the plaintive song of the young shepherdess lonely on her distant ranch, pining for the exciting world beyond her limited vistas.

The number worked surprisingly well 'Hawaiianed up' with local instruments and an extremely pronounced Polynesian feel. I wandered onto the stage in my grass skirt and cartoonish coconut bra gently swaying to the rhythm of the ukelele. Wireless mic in one hand and a bamboo looking shepherds staff in the other, followed by our ...props. Eleven live sheep. I wasn't sure they would follow me onto the stage, but I acted like a shepherdess and apparently fooled them, because they just wandered along behind me. I put the mic to my lips and sang the number pretty much straight, only keeping to the beat of our new arrangement and swaying my hips like a hula dancer. I was beginning to get the drunken crowds attention. But the sheep were quickly getting bored. They just milled around the cramped stage. Mikey had blocked off their one avenue of escape once we all took the stage. I planted my feet firmly so I wouldn't trip over the milling sheep and was grateful the mic was wireless.

I played it absolutely deadpan. Between the swaying polynesian arrangement and the flock of live animals surrounding me, I could afford to underplay this. It did not take too long for one of the sheep to notice my grass skirt. And as soon as one noticed, the other soon followed...like... uh...

Well, if there was anyone still ignoring us, THAT got their attention. Confusion turned to mild alarm, but quickly it devolved into uprorious amusement while I tried to finish the number while my skirt was being attacked as if by a school of piranha. My demeanor went from anguished sincerity at the opening to escalating panic as I flailed at the munching mob, shoving them away with my staff, trying to hipcheck them while still keeping the hula sway, and seeming to actually conk one or two with my staff, although in truth, I pulled back at the last minute and barely even made contact, like a stunt-punch. I hoped I gave a performance that would have made Lucille Ball proud, and judging by the reaction of the audience, it was working as planned. They didn't need to know that we deliberately did not feed the sheep from the moment we picked them up for this performance. Or that the grass skirt was sprayed with a sugar glaze, just in case the sheep didn't take the hint from the fragrant fresh cut skirt itself. Maybe it was overkill. But it seemed to work. By the time the number was nearly done, I was soldiering my way through the song with escalating panic on my face and the sheep were working their way precariously close to the waistline. They were nearly done when I finished, so I discreetly released the drawstring and the next tug of a gnawing sheep pulled the entire garment off and into a heap they immediately descended upon.

I splayed my hands over my 'naughty bits' and scurried off the stage. Although if anyone had been playing close attention they might have noticed the small 'pineapple skin' thong I wore to accompany the coconut bra - Andy's inspired idea and fabricated on Rei's brilliant machine. I don't know who had the notion to put the pineapple leaves in a very suggestive place, but I applaud their devious imagination.

The reaction from the crowd was rather ….buoyant.

OK. They kinda went nuts. But I'll blame the alcohol. I tried to get back to Mikey and get dressed, but the crowd stormed backstage and I was clearly not going to make it.

A caterer was just beginning to set up a table near the roasting boar when I swooped in and stole the tablecloth out from under him, trying to wrap it around me like a sarong.

Dez and Eoin quickly came to rescue me from the mob and the three of us formed a wedge to slice through the crowd.

“Well, I'll never be able to hear that number the same way again.” Dez laughed.

“I hope you're not offended.... I just figured 'when in Rome'....” I shrugged with a smile.

Dez laughed and gave me a squeeze.

“And you even used real sheep!” Eoin laughed. “Didn't they have to CGI them in the movie?”

I turned to Dez who shot me a sly grin. “Apparently you get along a lot better with these than the ones we tried when filming.”

Oh crap. She didn't perform with real sheep in the movie?

I just looked at them ...um... sheepishly. “They weren't THAT well behaved.” I nodded down to the tablecloth wrapped around me. “I was supposed to have help. I thought we booked Babe to help with the herd....” then I turned and scowled in the direction of the roasting spit. “But it looks like the suits got to him first.”

Dez and Eoin laughed politely at my cynical joke, then Dez suggested that we power-mingle and slip back to our hotel before things got too wild.

Eoin and I fell back into the routine we developed for the first meet and greet. He would say unctuous things, I would appear distracted, disrupt the conversation with something random and alarming and we'd move on. I noticed that the rowdy execs were always trying to buy me drinks, whenever they'd ask what I drank, I'd reply that the bartenders know. So I was constantly being handed fresh absinthes. Well, not so fresh, because most of them were milky green. Oh my god. These guys really DID think they were in some horrible 80s frat comedy where date-rape was a punchline.

I had only planned to nurse one absinthe all night, but I kept dumping the tainted ones into the large punch bowl, since it seemed to be merely decorative and everyone at the luau was getting rum drinks from the bar.

I have no idea how many milky drinks I dumped, but it was a miracle the bar didn't run out of absinthe. How much did Dennis have them stock?

Even when I had a clear one I could politely nurse, it seems the moment my attention wandered, I'd look down at the drink in my hand to see it had turned cloudy. These guys were as skilled as pickpockets. And a lot less savory.

I managed to get through the night unscathed, while the crowd continued to get more drunk and rowdy. By the time they were ready to start carving up the boar, I played the vegan card, feigned squeamishness and excused myself back to the hotel.

I said my polite goodbyes to Dez and Eoin who admitted they were not far behind. It seems Colleen and Nancy had slipped away even earlier when it hadn't been half as rowdy. Dez assured me that at this point no one would know or care that the alleged 'guests of honor' had bugged out early. The mood had evolved from old R-Rated politically incorrect frat farce into full blown suits-gone-wild bacchanalia.

Our little group got home before midnight. On the ride back, Matt confirmed that he got a LOT of good stuff. Not just my performance, but some really over the top shenanigans by the drunken executives. He showed me some playback from his camera. Apparently I wasn't the only one dumping my drink in the punch fountain. Many disgusted females seemed to be doing the same thing. I didn't know if they had a litmus test like Katherine's, of if they just knew their loathsome coworkers too well and were being preemptive.

We all had a light midnight snack from room service and declared it a successful night.

Dennis woke me the next morning at 9.

“Can you take a call from Mister Lehmann?” he grinned. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and nodded as he handed me the phone.

“So now you know.” He chuckled.

“Know what exactly? Why Katherine needed a break? Why she's always in and out of rehab? Why the net is filled with pictures of her kneeing guys in the groin or crowning them with an empty liquor bottle? Why you brought me in to be her decoy?” I laughed.

“I guess I'd have to say all of the above.” he laughed. “I just wanted to make sure you survived the night unscathed.”

“Except for a few small sheep hickeys, but that was my own fault.” I kidded.

“It appears you left just in time.” Dez said wryly.

“Do tell. What did we miss?” I looked to Dennis and Mikey who was wandering into my bedroom staring at his iPad with such an evil grin on his face. “Do you mind if I put you on speaker? My P.A. Dennis is here and my cousin Michael. Since we all missed it, can you fill us in?”

Dez agreed and I turned the speaker up on my phone.

“Eoin and I stayed for the meal, but quickly the toasts became ….rather inappropriate... and we decided the politically expedient thing to do was thank our hosts and slip away. But we didn't get out before the event coordinator informed our hosts that the bar was being closed and the guests were shut off. That didn't go over well at all, and Eoin and I became concerned that we were not going to be out of there before the police arrived. Eventually a compromise was reached, I assume some ...private transactions... were made and it was agreed that the guests could stay and continue the feast and celebration, but the bar was not negotiable and the guests were shut off. So they had to resort to punch.”

“Oh, shit!” I snorked and dropped my phone, which fortunately landed on the bed.

I could feel the heat in my face and knew I must be red as a papaya... as red as that 'special punch fountain' I insisted on. I clamped both hands over the grin on my face and stared at Dennis and Mikey who both returned my devlish grin.

“Hello? Are you there?” I heard Dez's muffled voice from the crumpled bedsheets as I retrieved my phone.

“Yeah. Sorry. I dropped my phone. So you were saying.... how long did you guys stay?”

“Things had already devolved by that point, so we just headed back to the hotel. I got the distinct impression the argument with the management was the break between halves. The crowd seemed to be catching their second wind ready to resume the party, if only with punch.” He said.

“A nice Hawaiian punch.” I muttered, grinning to Dennis and Mikey.

“What?”

“Nothing.” I snickered.

“Well, maybe that was all for the best. Because it really felt like the night was ready to devolve into a melee like you said.” Dez chuckled.

“I think Eoin said melee.” I corrected.

“Oh. Right.” Dez remembered.

“I said orgy.” And I shared a wicked grin with Dennis and Mikey.

“Oh. Right.” Dez recalled with a chuckle. “Good thing they were given the punch.”

“I'm sure they were.” I laughed. I was having a hard time keeping it together, and Dennis and Mikey were only making it worse. “So can we expect any more corporate encounters or are we free to move on with the tour?”

“I expect after last night we'll be seeing little if any of our corporate patrons.” Dez chuckled while Dennis Mikey and I fought to stifle our laughs. “So relax, rest up. Well done last night and I'll see you on the plane tomorrow morning.”

I had just enough composure to bid Dez a polite farewell before ending the call and breaking into hysterics with Dennis and my cousin.

up
307 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Kat is very lucky that what

Kat is very lucky that what she did is all she did. Drinking Absinthe in very large amount is not good for your body and definitely not good for your head. You will feel it very much later as she is now finding out.

Absinthe

Absinthe, good stuff quite nice then again drinking scotch or whiskey is large quantities isn't too good for you either :)

++++++++++++
Cartman: A fine day of plundering we had boys. What about yourselves? Here you are lads, plenty of booty to go around. A round of grog for me boys. A round of grog for everyone!

Secondhand

Would that be Hawaiian Punch or Knockout punch I'm sure it was a chemically interesting drink. It's nice to see this story please keep it coming.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Grinning

Sheepishly, of course. Baaaaaad.

What's good for the goose...

Hoist on their own petard *snicker*

That oughta punch out those dickhead's lights.

It's real sad that these 'elites' think they are so much better than other people.

Talk about a 'forgetable' event :)

I'm glad she escaped being drugged

and they ended up drugging themselves, so some kind of justice happened, but still, slimeballs, the lot of them ...

DogSig.png

Yes, I must admit

This segment was influenced by a 'funny or die' bit where they looked back on 'classic teen comedies' of the 1970s and 80s and pointed out how absolutely ....sociopathic... the 'heroes' were. 'Getting lucky' by methods that would all be considered crimes by today's standards and totally objectifying their opponents so there would be no guilt, remorse ....or consequences for the 'hijinx' they pulled under the 'boys will be boys' defense. I wanted all the corporate suits to be throwbacks to the unenlightened adolescents they were once the alcohol stripped the veneer of adulthood away, and to - literally - get a 'taste of their own medicine'.

I only hope I did it in an entertaining way. :-)

And to think, the whole Luau bit began simply as an excuse to have the sheep eat Katherine's skirt during the performance... until I started writing it and the other stuff... just spilled onto the page. (Curse/Thank you muse!)

K@

You reap what you sow?

Great concept nicely executed. Katherine certainly rules the roost.

Love the turnabout.

Sadly working in a hospital in a Uni town I see too much of that sort of thing.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers