Pray Happy For You

Printer-friendly version

I wrote this late at night, worn out from a very disappointing day. All I knew, and it is my only Anchor, was that my suffering is no different from others I know here. I was in utter despair with tears flooding my vision. Much to my total astonishment, some of you enjoyed it. I am non-plused by your reactions, but thank you.

I had not realized that there were several transwomen here who found themselves at an early age. My happiness for you.

To all those who have faced the horror of coming against a society that does not understand. Pray happy for you.

To all those who have been beaten half to death because of something you did not do. Pray happy for you.

To all those who have been befriended and later rejected because you told them. Pray happy for you.

To all those who have lost everything over a biological thing that they did not create. Pray happy for you.

To all those who have faced condemnation from those who say that God is against them. Pray happy for you.

To all those who do not have the chutzpah to go out as the real you. Pray happy for you.

To all those who will do it anyway, knowing that they face the rejection of those whose knuckles drag the ground. Pray happy for you.

To those who will lay down tonight knowing; thankful that they made it through another day. Pray happy for you.

To those who will not live through the day because of their struggles. May your bodies be washed by the tears of heaven. Pray happy for you.

up
37 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rings so true....

Gwen , well said, it rings so true and for me that hit it home in alot of ways and in so many levels. Well said. praise to you.

Blessings

Mellissa (praire_girl_64)

Gwen, if ever you find yourself feeling like that again,

I want you to call me, girl! I don't care what time of day or night it is when you call. I won't have a friend of mine suffering all alone like that! If you don't have my phone number, let me know, and I'll give it to you in a private message here.

Hugs n love,
Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Pray Happy to you

Thank you Gwen for reposting this beautiful prayer/poem. I don't know how many times I've read this in the last few days but every time it brings tears to my eyes. :)
Big hugs!
grover

Bittersweet

Thanks Gwen

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

kis

kristina l s's picture

Simple, heartfelt and poignant. Thank you Gwen

Kristina

I am confused and humbled

Isn't it strange how a time of weakness and anguish; crying out in pain, can mean so much to another. This is a community here, that I have failed to comprehend. Like many of you, I have spent my life hidden and issolated; never able to reveal my true self.

Not surprisingly, I feel shy at times; not knowing if there is acceptance for me.

You've all helped me so much. Ok, so trips to the psych ward and standing on the bridge rail sucks; haven't done either for months.

Thank you so much.

Khadija Gwen Ellen bint Boucher
Princess throw me down and love me. : )

Pray Happy for you

Gwen,
I often wonder why I bother to force another breath into my lungs just knowing that I will feel nothing but pain as my reward. Then someone, somewhere, reminds me that there are are others that also feel what I do and maybe one day I might be able to give one of them something I found along the way that will give them what they need to find the happiness they deserve. Thank you Gwen, the reminder is greatly appreciated.

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne