The Curse 2: The Cursening, Chapter 1: In Which We Begin

Printer-friendly version


The Curse 2: The Cursening

Chapter 1: In Which We Begin

So, if you read my stories (and I assume there are at least two of you out there who do), you've probably read The Curse of Womanhood, which was a pretty big deal for 10 minutes at a time back when I was posting it. Now, if you read my stories on TG Storytime (where I do most of my posting), you'll know there's a sequel to The Curse of Womanhood that's been around awhile over there.

This is part of that sequel.

Yes, much like the first, I'm posting this one in blocks. The only bad thing about that is that it'll take a little longer to get the whole story here, because unlike the first, this one isn't writing itself as easily.

But, here's the first three chapters, with the next three coming at some point in the near future. I don't see this one lasting as long as the first did, but I still have no clue when I'll actually be done with it. I honestly think I'm close, probably within one to three chapters of finishing, but we'll see where the story chooses to take me.

And now it's time for the story to take you...

...r time. Your time. That was a shitty joke, ignore it.

~o~O~o~

1.

"Please tell me this isn't what I think it is?" Mom asked as she held the bra up by the strap. I was frozen in shock, hoping beyond hope that the bra was all I'd accidentally dropped in the laundry.

Of course, the only thing that crossed my mind was, "What do you think it is?"

She rolled her eyes. "What I think is that you brought a girl home at some point and she forgot her clothes."

I felt relief wash over me. She just thought I'd brought a girl home. If she found out what it actually was, I'd be screwed. She'd probably kick me out or kill me if she found out I was a crossdresser. This little event just told me that I needed to find a better hiding place for my clothes. "Yeah, Gabby Larson, last week. She's got a nice little birthmark under the left one."

She rolled her eyes again. "I don't wanna think about what you do with your girlfriend, Kenneth, just make sure the next time you've got one here that she takes all her clothes back."

I smiled. "Yeah, Mom."

She tossed the lacy undergarment at me and left my room. I finally let out the breath I didn't realize (or even understand how) I was holding in. I shut and locked my door, then opened my closet and pulled my foot locker out. I carefully folded the bra and put it away, then returned the foot locker to its rightful place. I shut it back up in my closet and unlocked my door.

Four years. Four years, I'd been getting away with my crossdressing, and it had almost come crashing down on me just because I'd been stupid. I reached for my phone and texted Gabby. Almost caught. You're my exit strategy. She'd know what it meant, as she'd helped me and kept my secret ever since I realized I enjoyed crossdressing. I had to admit, I had a little bit of a crush on her, because she was such a great friend. I should probably ask her out at some point.

The door opened again, and I nearly dropped my phone. Mom stood there, holding onto a laundry basket. "By the way, your cousin will be here tomorrow."

"Which one?" I asked.

"Amanda, remember? We talked about this last night?"

Well, I woulda remembered if not for the near panic attack of losing my favorite hobby. Amanda was my favorite cousin, even though I hadn't seen her since she finished that surprise transition she'd sprung on the family. I probably wouldn't even recognize her now. I didn't know why her sister wasn't coming, but Melanie and I were never very close. Probably had something to do with her being older than Amanda and I.

"Oh, yeah. Do I need to set up the spare room?"

"I took care of that. Just... Don't treat her any different than you used to, okay? Aunt Sarah tells me that there are still some people that treat her badly."

I rolled my eyes. "She's my cousin, Mom. Just because she's not a guy anymore doesn't mean I'm suddenly gonna treat her bad." Hell, a part of me wondered if she crossdressed before that sex change.

"Good. Tomorrow, you meet her at the bus station."

I nodded. "Yeah, I will."

2.

The sun was hitting me hard. It was close to a hundred degrees, and there wasn't a whole lot of shade outside the bus station. I tried going inside for the air conditioning, but they wouldn't let me in. I stood underneath a tree that looked like it had seen better days twenty years ago, but most of the limbs were dead now.

Amanda's bus was supposed to arrive at eight fifteen, but it was a good twelve minutes late. I was starting to regret that pair of panties I had put on, now. They felt wonderful, but the sweat was worse than wearing briefs. I kept having to adjust them every few minutes just to stay comfortable.

Finally, I saw the bus pull into the station, and then five minutes later, people started spilling out of the building. I walked over to the building and recognized Amanda as soon as she walked outside. She looked like a lot like Melanie, but a little more endowed, and somewhat more feminine. Her brown hair had streaks of pink in it, like some anime girl. I almost wanted to laugh, but I was too busy being surprised at just how... Natural she looked. If I had never met her, I'd assume she was born female.

"Hey! Kenny!" she shouted, waving. I wasn't exactly far away, so I didn't understand why she was shouting. "Long time, no see!"

I laughed now. "Yeah, especially since you look like a girl now."

"Uh, I am a girl now. But, you've got a point. How's stuff with you and your mom?"

"Pretty good. How's everybody out there reacted to your... Change?"

She shrugged. "Some better than others. Steve helps, though."

"Steve? That goofy guy you hang out with all the time?"

"He happens to be my boyfriend."

I felt stupid now. "Oh."

"And as far as 'goofy' goes, he's outrageously sweet and that makes up for it."

I picked up the duffel bag she'd set beside her. "Well, I've got Mom's car right now, so let's get going. This heat is killin' me."

She nodded. "Yeah. Just be glad you don't have to wear a bra." She used her hand to fan at her exposed cleavage. "The girls are hot and that gets sorta annoying after awhile."

I laughed again. I almost wondered if it would be a good idea to tell her about the crossdressing.

3.

“So, were you gay?” I asked. The car was being an asshole again. Good thing I actually knew how to fix it. If Mom hadn’t dated that guy who worked at Autozone, this would actually be a problem for me. “No offense, or anything, but I didn’t think people just suddenly started liking their old gender when they had a sex change.”

Amanda was leaning against the side of the car, arms folded under her breasts. “To be honest, I don’t actually know. I mean, I do like guys, but I think I’m just attracted to Steve because he’s my best friend.”

“But, no attraction to girls at all?”

She shook her head. “Not unless admiring them as competition counts.” She smirked. “You got a motive behind these questions?”

I started to blush. “Uh, no.”

“Are you gay?”

“No! I’ve got the hots for girls, pure and simple. It just seemed odd that you didn’t leave the hetero bandwagon even after the opposite gender became the one you used to be.”

She smacked me on the head. “Hetero bandwagon…” I heard my text ringtone. “You’re phone’s ringing.”

“Yeah, grab it for me, will ya?”

She reached in and grabbed my phone off the dashboard. “Somebody named Gabby, asking ‘Has she ever seen the foot locker’.”

Oh, crap. “Uh, gimme that, please.”

“This wouldn’t be the same Gabby you’ve had a crush on for most of your life, would it?”

“It is, but gimme the phone.”

She held the phone away from me as I went to take it from her. “Foot locker?”

“Yeah, y’know. That one my dad left me when he, well, left.”

“The one that just sits in your closet being neglected?”

“Yeah, that one.”

She tossed the phone back in the car. “Your mom would know all about that foot locker. Why is it so secret?”

“It’s not important.”

She was full-on smiling now. “Oh, it sure seems important.”

I sighed. “It’s not, okay? Now let’s get going, I got the fan belt back on.”

She opened the passenger side door and sat down. “Yeah, let’s go, because I want in on this foot locker secret.”

I felt the color drain from my whole body. Great. Gabby waits twelve hours to respond to my text, now my cousin’s gonna know I’m a crossdresser.

4.

I was grateful that Mom was down the road at her friend Stacy’s, because pulling out the foot locker would be frightening enough with Amanda alone. If Mom were home, I’d be downright scared. Even so, I locked the door behind us, opened my closet and pulled the foot locker out. “You gotta promise me you’ll never talk about this to anybody but me and Gabby.”

She nodded. “Believe me, I’m good at secrets. Show me.”

I took a deep breath, unlocked the foot locker and opened it. For some reason, I closed my eyes, as if I was walking into a firing squad. Time felt like it was dragging by, and when I finally opened my eyes, Amanda was sitting there poking through all my clothes.

“Where do you get the money to afford this stuff? These are better brands than I wear!”

That breath I’d been holding in fell out in a wash of relief. “You don’t think I’m… Weird?”

She looked amused. “I’m transgender and you’re a crossdresser, if you’re weird, then so am I.”

“And you’re not gonna tell anybody?”

“Good with secrets, remember?” She flashed me a warm smile. “Besides, you’re my favorite cousin, I wouldn’t tell anybody anyway.”

I plopped down on my bed. “Oh, thank God. I was afraid for a minute.”

She pulled out a bright orange demi bra that I only wore once. “Seriously, where does the money for this come from?! If I could wear stuff this nice, I’d be really happy!”

I laughed nervously. “Well, anything that fits, you can have.”

She shook her head. “Nope, this is your stuff, I’ll just have to scrounge up enough to buy it myself.”

I put the clothes away, locked up the foot locker and put it back in the closet. “Thanks, Amanda.”

“You can call me ‘Amy’, y’know.”

“Thanks, Amy.”

“No problem.” She sat down on the bed beside me and hugged me. “We’re family. And, if the mood strikes me, you can be kind of a dress-up doll for me.”

I shook my head. “No.”

“Either way, we’re family. So, do you just crossdress, or are you actually curious about being female?”

I shrugged. “I don’t really know. I mean, the idea seems interesting, because I like the clothes and would kinda like the body to go with them, but… It just seems frightening.”

She put her arm around my shoulder. “Frightening is a word for it. Also, enlightening, wonderful, silky, warm…”

“Warm?”

“Blankets feel warmer now, I can’t explain it.”

“I just… I don’t know. Besides, it’s not like it can happen overnight, and then what if I wanna be a guy again?”

She looked as if she wanted to say something, but before she did, we both heard the front door open. “Oh, your mom’s home.”

5.

“That is some amazing surgery, sweetie,” Mom said, admiring Amy. “How’d they do it?”

Amy shrugged. “Medical magic and Mom’s got good friends.” Something seemed wrong about how she said that. “She sends her love, by the way.”

“On that subject, how’s it feel to be the little sister now? Your mom would tease me a lot when we were going up.”

“Melanie and I have… Interesting moments. I’m a dress-up doll for her more often than I wanna be.”

Mom nodded. “I know what it’s like being the tomboy little sister.”

“Well, I’m not too much of a tomboy. I don’t go out of my way to wear skirts or dresses, but I don’t exactly shy away from cute things, either.” She ran a hand through her hair. “After all, I did have Mel put these pink streaks in.”

“I did something similar. I had your mom bleach my hair.” Mom laughed. “For a boy, of course.”

I was starting to get hungry. “Uh, so what’re we havin’ for lunch?” I asked.

Mom shook her head. “You’re a big boy now, go find something.”

Amy said, “Is that Italian place I like still open?”

“As a matter of fact, it is. Let’s get going, then.”

6.

That Italian place that Amy liked was literally called ‘That Italian Place’, a joke on the part of the owners. Mr. and Mrs. Traversa had the nicest little restaurant in town, and I meant little. Seven tables, and two ceiling lights, the rest of the dining room was lit by candles, real old-world like.

I always got lasagna, Mom always got spaghetti and Amy - when she was Adam - always got pizza. Her taste buds must have changed slightly, because she was ordering the lasagna for the first time since the place opened.

“What? It looked good. It always looks good, I’m just addicted to their pizza.” Amy dug into her lasagna as soon as it hit the table. Mrs. Traversa looked as surprised as I was. “I should bring my boyfriend next time, get him to bring me here.”

Mom popped a meatball in her mouth. “Boyfriend, huh?”

“Yeah. My best friend, Steve.”

“And he’s fine with your being transgender?”

Amy nodded. “Yep. We’ve been friends forever, it just sorta grew naturally.”

I scooped some lasagna into the gullet. “So, do you two…” I said, suggesting the question I had no intention of outright asking.

“That’s none of your business.” She took a sip of the white wine that the Traversas really shouldn’t have been serving minors. “The answer is no, anyway, but it’s still none of your business.”

Mom nodded to me. “At least you had the decency to hide the question, Kenny.”

I chuckled. “No problem.”

“Why didn’t you ask your friend Gabby to lunch, honey?”

I wolfed down one of the pieces of garlic toast that came to the table. “She prefers Mexican to Italian food.”

“Then why doesn’t she ever come over when I make tacos?”

I shrugged. “I ask. She just doesn’t come.” I took a gulp of my glass of wine. “How long you stayin’, Amy?”

Amy held up her hand in a Hold on gesture, then swallowed her food. “Just a couple of days. The house is getting sprayed for roaches. Mom and Dad are having a third honeymoon in two years, Mel’s at her friend’s place, and Steve is visiting relatives back east. Said friend of Melanie’s is also a friend of mine, and Steve’s sister, but they wouldn’t let me stay with them for fear that I’d root around Steve’s room looking for stuff he bought me. Joke’s on them, I know every nook and cranny of Steve’s room, and I wouldn’t actually have to look.”

Mom laughed. “Word from the wise here, your boyfriend’s sister will never let you stay at their house while you’re dating.”

“I figured that out already. Stephanie’s outrageously cliche when it comes to dates, too. Steve has to pay, even when I’ve got more money saved up for the date than he does.”

“Enjoy it. A boy who pays is a boy who stays.” Mom glanced over at me. “You keep that in mind, too, Kenny.”

I took another drink. “Yeah. Bag a guy who’ll always pay for me, that sounds like good advice, Ma.”

“You know what I mean. You make enough from working with Uncle Terry, when you take Gabby out on a date, you should be able to pay.”

“We’re not actually dating, Mom. She’s just a friend, right now.”

“A friend you’ve been in love with since she first showed up in elementary school.”

I shook my head. “I also had a crush on Christy Forsythe, remember?”

“So did all the other boys in your class after she walked into the locker room topless.”

Amy turned red. “Oh… I wasn’t the only one who did that…”

I burst out laughing, probably confusing the other two sets of people at tables in the place.

7.

“You’re being quiet,” Gabby said. She wasn’t even looking at me, she was fixing her makeup while we sat there, just parked at the lake. “How are you this quiet when your cousin came to stay with you for a couple days?”

I shrugged. “Maybe because all we did was go to lunch and she crashed on the spare bed after a four hour bus trip?”

“Still. She knows now, right?”

“Yeah, she knows, why?”

Because now you can get crossdressing advice from somebody who actually crossed the threshold between crossdresser and transgender, this should be a gold mine for you!

I rested my hand on the steering wheel. “I don’t know if Amy actually was a crossdresser.”

“I’ve seen her Facebook pictures, she dresses way too good to not have crossdressed.”

I laughed. “Nah, she says Melanie helps her out with that.”

“About her for a second, are those implants or did she go with hormones? Because her tits are huge.”

“I didn’t ask, because that would just be rude. Amy’s the closest thing to a sister I have, and I’m not gonna ask her crazy ass questions like that.”

“Oh, cool, so I can ask her when we get back to your place.”

I sighed. Somehow, my best friend and my transgender cousin being in the same room with me didn’t seem all that good. “Just so long as nothing weird happens.”

“Please, you’re thinking too much about this.” She reached for my shirt. “Are you wearing a black bra under here? You’re lucky this shirt is dark, otherwise that thing’d be showing itself off even under your clothes.”

8.

Gabby and I walked into my room, where I found Amy doing something with her tablet. Gabby immediately shut the door and locked it, while Amy just… Well… Laid on my bed doing something with her tablet.

“Amanda, nice to meet you, I’m Gabby,” she held out her hand.

Amy looked up. “Nice to meet you, too. I’ll shake your hand in a second.”

Gabby looked surprised. “Um… Why do I gotta wait?”

“Emailing somebody important. Just… Two… There!” She sat forward and shook Gabby’s hand. “You can call me Amy, by the way.”

I took my shirt off. “What was that email about?” I asked. Amy and Gabby were both staring at me. “What?”

Amy shook her head. “I’ve got the rack to show it off, but he has all the cute bras…” Gabby broke into laughter.

I blushed. “Yeah, yeah, what was the email?”

She turned to Gabby. “You keep his secret pretty well, mind keeping mine, too?”

Gabby nodded. “Yeah, I don’t mind.”

“Okay, now this is gonna sound absolutely crazy, but it’s all true. I didn’t get sexual reassignment surgery.”

“You mean you’ve still got the dick?”

Amy shook her head. “No, I’ve got a vagina, but it’s not cosmetic. I’m one hundred percent genetically female, and a sorceress did it to me.” She looked over at me. “And she’s willing to make you female for a day if you want to.”

I felt my mouth hang open. Crazy didn’t even begin to cover how this sounded.

9.

“So, sorceress equals magic,” Gabby said, “are you saying you became female by magic?”

I didn’t want to believe it, but Amy looked too natural to just be a normal trans girl. I’d noticed that morning that she looked like she’d been born female, and magic could explain that, but I didn’t want it to be true.

On the other hand, though, if magic was real, and Amy had a sorceress friend who would be willing to change me into a girl for a day, then I could actually experience what it felt like to have breasts in my bra cups, or an ass that actually felt right in my panties. The idea of actually experiencing these clothes that I’ve been wearing for fun for four years felt enticing.

“Amy, I don’t mean to be rude, but have you gotten psychiatric help?” Gabby asked.

Amy shook her head. “I’m not crazy, it just sounds like I am. But seriously, if a gynecologist was to examine me, they’d never be able to tell the difference.”

“You’re serious? Like, seriously serious?”

“Yep. Periods and possible future babies included. I thought it was crazy when it happened to me, but it didn’t take too long to accept it. I was closet transgender and didn’t even know, now I’m exactly who I wanna be.”

Gabby sat down on the bed. “Okay, this is just too weird. I’m not saying I believe this, but if it’s true, your friend can change Ken into a girl for a day?”

“Wait a second,” I said, somewhat quietly.

Amy carried on like I hadn’t said anything. “I wouldn’t call her a friend. She’s the principal of my school and she helped out Mel once. We get along more than anything else.”

“But she can do it? And it’s totally reversible?”

“Yeah.”

Gabby turned to me. “You’re gonna do this, right?”

“Wuh - Wait,” I said, my voice a little louder.

She kept on like I hadn’t said a word. “Because this would be awesome, Ken! We could hang out as girlfriends for once and have a great time, you wouldn’t need to hide your clothes because you wouldn’t be crossdressing as a girl!”

I grabbed her by the shoulders. “Wait a second!” I spoke in the loudest voice I could without yelling, so that I didn’t get Mom rushing up here to find out what was going on. “I’m thinking about this, okay?” I took the bra I was wearing off and folded it up. “This isn’t some quick decision I can make, it’s not like just changing a shirt or that sort of thing.” I sat down at my desk. “I don’t even know what exactly I’m going to feel with this change.”

Amy stood up. “According to Ms. Malski, nothing. You’d go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow morning as a girl. Then you’d go to sleep tomorrow night and wake up the next day as yourself again.”

“Was your change instant?”

She shook her head. “No. I went through a week of gradual changes. I still looked sorta like a boy when I went back to school, so that made it easier for people to think I was actually going through a normal transition.”

I sighed. “And what do I tell Mom? I can’t exactly tell her the truth.”

She gave me a weird look. “Why not? I told my parents the truth, they were accepting.”

“Mom doesn’t even know I crossdress, what the hell’s she gonna think when I tell her I’m gonna be a girl for a day? Or that magic exists?”

“That she should call my folks and ask them, because they’ll tell her exactly what I told you.”

I shook my head. “I hate to tell you this, but that’s not exactly gonna put her at ease.” I looked over at Gabby. “Why are you so gung-ho about this?”

Gabby leaned back on my bed. “You don’t get it, Ken. You just don’t. I have no female friends, at all. It’s not that I don’t want to be friends with other girls, it’s just that nobody wants to hang out with me except for you.”

“You just want a shopping buddy for a day?”

She nodded. “Yeah. I wanna know what it’s like, and it’d be nice to see you fitting your clothes properly for a change.”

I stood and walked over to the bookcase on the other side of the room. “This is just… Look, Amy, if this can really happen, gimme a little while to think it over, okay?”

Amy nodded. “Yeah, that’s fine. Ms. Malski won’t do anything until I give her the go-ahead. Take the time you need, because I can always stay a couple more days.”

Gabby sat up again. “I think you should do it,” she said. “Ya never know, maybe you’ll like being a girl?”

I ran a hand through my hair. “I’ll think about it.”

10.

Sleep didn’t come to me. I just laid there, tossing and turning. Thinking. About Amy’s offer. About Gabby’s total certainty that I should do it and that I’d like it. About… Everything. I stopped tossing and just stared at the ceiling. It still had the glow-in-the-dark stars I had Mom stick to the ceiling when I was little.

I sat up and looked out the window beside the bed. I wasn’t entirely sure why the sprinklers were going, but I seemed to remember Mom saying something about the timer not working right. The look of the wet grass in the moonlight made it appear as though the yard was covered in tiny diamonds. I loved the look of wet grass at night. Would that change if I were to take up Amy’s offer? How much would change?

I thought about Amy. She was a bit more feminine, but that was the only real difference between how she was now and how she used to be as Adam. But her change was permanent, presumably to improve her life. If I was gonna become a girl for a day, it might be more playful. I might not be Kenny for that day.

I laid back down and closed my eyes again. Thinking about it. That’s all I’d do for now. Maybe I’d do it, maybe I wouldn’t. I’d have to talk to Amy about it.

11.

I woke up and immediately felt something was wrong. I was still male, so Amy hadn’t changed me in the middle of the night without my knowledge, but something still felt outrageously wrong. I looked around my room and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary, but I couldn’t shake the feeling.

I threw on a shirt and a pair of shorts and walked out into the hallway. I heard talking from the kitchen, so I assumed Amy and Mom were already awake. I walked out into the kitchen and instantly knew what was wrong. My foot locker. Sitting there. Open.

“Kenneth Matthew Brewster, we need to talk,” Mom said.

12.

I felt like my heart was about to leap out of my chest and strangle me with the ventricles. I wanted to shout at Amy, because the foot locker had never been found before she came to visit. Except that I really couldn’t blame her. She didn’t know about it until yesterday, and she’d been here dozens of times as Adam. I just wasn’t thinking straight.

So then I wanted to shout at Gabby. She’d probably called Mom up and told her about the foot locker, trying to influence my decision and indirectly force me to take Amy’s offer. But that didn’t track, either. Gabby had kept my secret for years, and she wouldn’t just rat me out like that just for one day of girl fun.

I walked over to the table and pulled out the remaining chair and sat down. “Look, I can explain,” I started, but Mom held up a hand to stop me.

“First, where’d the money come from?”

“Some of it was from Uncle Terry, some of it Gabby bought.”

“So Gabby knows, too?”

“Yeah.”

She sighed. “And when did you start doing this?”

I started twiddling my thumbs. Why? I was having flashbacks to when I got caught sneaking cookies into my bedroom after dessert when I was little. “About four years ago. After that Halloween party.”

“The one where I dressed you as Little Bo Peep?”

I nodded.

She sighed. “And you’ve kept this hidden from me ever since?”

“Yeah.”

She let out another sigh. “I need to know, do you wear any of this to school? Particularly the underwear?”

I shook my head. “No. Occasionally I’ll wear panties when I’m going somewhere, and Gabby’ll ask me to wear a bra when we hang out sometimes, but not often.”

Mom turned to Amy. “Amanda, did you know about this?”

Amy answered, “Kenny told me yesterday.”

Mom turned back to me. “Kenny, I’m not going to judge you, I just want to know: Do you have a desire to be female?”

I shook my head. “Not in the same way Amy did.” I kept trying to relax. Mom wasn’t treating me like a monster or a freak, she seemed legitimately concerned about this. “Every now and again, I wonder what it would feel like to wear the clothes as a girl, but I don’t want to be one.”

Mom leaned forward. “Baby, why didn’t you tell me about this sooner?”

I looked up from my twiddling thumbs. “What?”

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and explained. “Baby, I never told you about your uncle Hud.”

I was confused. “I don’t have an Uncle Hud.”

“No, you don’t. You did, but that’s the reason you only ever meet the grandparents on your father’s side.”

“Huh?”

She looked over at Amy. “I imagine your mother hasn’t told you about Hud either, right?”

Amy shook her head.

“Hud was my twin brother. When we were six, he went to a Halloween party in one of my sister’s dresses. We came home that night and he talked about how much fun he had wearing Sarah’s dress. After that, he got into a harmless little habit of trying on Sarah clothes and mine. We didn’t see anything wrong with it, it was just harmless fun. Your grandfather didn’t look at it that way.” Mom sighed again. “Your grandfather beat Hud to within an inch of his life. My mother called the police, but all they did about it was haul my father into a cell for twenty-four hours, then he was released and came home to finish the job.”

I didn’t have words. My grandfather had killed an uncle I never knew about. An uncle who had been a crossdresser, just like me. I looked over at Amy and saw pain and torment in her eyes. She was actually trans, this probably hit her worse than it did me.

Mom continued, “My mother immediately took Sarah and I to her friend’s, and then we never saw her again. The adoption was dealt with in less than a week, and Sarah and I did our best to just blend in with our new family. Uncle Terry helped. He’d been Sarah’s friend at school, and already treated us like his little sisters even before we were his step-sisters.”

I asked, “So… Did you ever try to get in touch with Grandma again?”

She shook her head. “No. And she passed just a few months later, drove her car into the lake near our old house. Your grandfather went to prison for murder. I don’t know if he ever got out.”

Amy was hugging her legs to her chest. “That explains why Mom and Dad were so accepting of me when I came out.”

I rubbed at the back of my neck. “I wish I’d known about Uncle Hud before now. I woulda told ya about my crossdressing before.”

Mom took my hand. “Ken, you never should have hidden this from me in the first place. I would have accepted you even if that sad chapter of my life had never happened. You’re my son, and I’d love you no matter what.”

“I was always afraid of what you’d say.”

“You never should have been.” She leaned back in her chair. “So I take it that silky black number I caught in your laundry the other day was actually yours and not Gabby’s?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“You’ve got good taste.”

Amy laughed. “That’s what I said, too.”

I felt a light smile coming on, but at the same time I couldn’t. “How did you find out?” I asked Mom.

“I was walking past your bedroom this morning and saw the foot locker. I hadn’t seen it since your father left it with you, and was curious about what you kept in it.”

I chuckled. “Kind of a surprise seeing an army foot locker with dresses in it, huh?”

She smiled. “Very much.”

“Can I keep doing it?”

“Baby, you bought the clothes, you’ve kept this secret for years, I’d be wrong to take away something that you enjoy, especially since my own brother enjoyed the same thing.” She smirked. “Just one thing.”

“What?”

“Grow your hair out. Short-haired girls don’t have the same flair that you should have.”

13.

“I’m surprised you’re not in that cute sundress I saw in the foot locker,” Amy said, sitting down on the lawn chair next to mine.

I laughed. “Not in public.” I looked over at her, sitting in that standard not-trying-but-still-succeeding-at-being-sexy posture that girls usually had when they sat on lawn chairs while tanning. “Nice bikini.”

She smiled. “Thanks. You had it all the way at the bottom, have you ever worn it?”

I nodded. “Yeah, just not often. Or for the last couple years.”

“I don’t even have a bikini, so thanks for letting me borrow it.”

“I’m surprised Melanie hasn’t made you wear one.”

“Oh, she’s made me wear one, I just don’t own one.” She took a drink of the Mountain Dew she brought out with her. “Mel actually owns more clothes in my size than I do, all because she wants me to wear them.”

“That… Sounds a lot like her.”

“So,” she sat up, “do you still need time to think? Because you can take all the time you need.”

I shook my head. “I don’t need anymore time. I just wanna talk with Mom about it.”

“Good luck explaining magic to her. I had Ms. Malski come to the house and explain it to my parents, neither they nor I understand it yet.”

I laughed. “Yeah.”

“Plus, you’ve still gotta tell Gabby that your mom knows about the crossdressing.”

“Yeah. I don’t know how.”

“Um… Gabby, my mom found out and she’s okay with it springs to mind.”

I sighed. “I know. I’m just… Worried, is all.”

“About what?”

I sat up. “You saw how she was last night when you made the offer. If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear she probably wants me to be a girl.”

“I’m not gonna make any arguments for or against being female, seeing as I’d be kinda biased, but don’t get pressured into being a girl for longer than you want to be.”

I shook my head. “I won’t. Hopefully, she gets it.”

“So, you just wanna talk to your mom about it now, right?”

I nodded. “Yeah. Well… I’m gonna tell her that I’m doing it.”

“You are?”

“Yeah. Female for one day, and nothing up here,” I poked my head, “is gonna change, right?”

She nodded. “Nothing mental is gonna change. You’re gonna be you, but with a bigger rack and slit between your legs for twenty-four hours.” She sighed. “Well, there are other differences. The hips and butt are a little difficult to get past the first few hours. I suggest getting your walk down before you change, otherwise you’ll be tripping over things for awhile.”

I sighed. “This is gonna take more getting used to than I thought.”

14.

I opened the refrigerator and took out the milk. I unscrewed the cap and took a big gulp straight out of the jug. Suddenly, a hand yanked it away from me. “Not so fast, young lady,” Mom said, a smirk on her face, “you’re supposed to be using a glass with this.”

I smiled. “It was just a quick drink.”

“So, what did you want to talk about?”

I put the milk back in the fridge. “Y’know how Amy looks spectacular for being trans?”

“I do.”

“If I told you it was because of magic, would you think I’m nuts?”

She sighed. “Well, I did just find out that you’re a crossdresser. Totally unrelated, we may be moving closer to the asylum next summer.”

I smiled again. “I’m not joking. If she wasn’t in the bathroom, she’d tell you herself.”

“Okay, assuming I do believe this, what about it?”

I took a deep breath. “Amy offered me a chance to be female for a day.”

Mom raised an eyebrow. “A day?”

“Yeah.” I shrugged. “I’m not completely convinced either, but Amy’s too much evidence in magic’s favor than against it. Assuming it’s true, whaddya think? I’m seriously considering it.”

“What exactly would it entail?”

“I’d just be female.”

“One hundred percent?”

“Amy says she’s capable of bearing children.”

“For a day?”

“One day. Or more, if I decide I like it.”

She put her hands on my shoulders. “You want to try this?”

I nodded. “I told you this morning, sometimes I wish I knew what it felt like to have the body type my clothes belonged to. Amy says she knows a way to for that to happen.”

Mom let out a breath. “I want to talk to Amy about this first.”

As if on cue, Amy entered the kitchen, patting her face down with a towel. “Amy hears you,” she said, laying the towel over her shoulder. “What’s goin’ on?”

Mom sat down at the table. “Kenny told me about this offer you’ve proposed to him.” She crossed one leg over the other and laid her hands in her lap. “I’d like to know a little more about what happened with you, first.”

15.

Amy told us the whole story, from the panty raid to the school dance the following week, all about her slow, magical change from male to female. Just knowing that my change would happen while I was asleep and that it would be instant made me feel a little more at ease, but it was still unnerving.

Mom looked in shock. I couldn’t blame her. The whole thing sounded crazy, but Amy was the proof in her own story.

“Amy, sweetheart, I’m so proud of you for being as strong as you are,” Mom said. “If it were me going through this, even if I did feel better as the opposite gender, I’d be scared out of my mind.”

Amy nodded. “I was at first. Luckily, I had Steve.” She took a breath. “Now, don’t let what happened to me scare you, Kenny.”

Mom shook her head. “I can’t say I’m not scared. Even if it’s just a day, it’s a day where I’m looking at a strange girl that used to be my son.”

I hadn’t thought of it like that before. As far as Mom, Amy and Gabby were concerned, I’d just be me in a stranger’s skin. Maybe I shouldn’t do it. I couldn’t make up my mind.

“Baby, if you want to do this, to be female for a day, I’m behind you.”

I looked up at Mom and saw a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. She wasn’t just saying that to act supportive, she was truly being supportive. She’d really be behind me if I actually decided to do this. Amy was smiling, too, and I could tell my favorite cousin was behind me, too. Of course, she’d set this whole thing up, so why wouldn’t she be?

I took a deep breath, and nodded. “Amy, tell your sorceress friend that I’ll do it.”

16.

Amy poked through the foot locker. “Ooh! This one!” she squealed with delight, pulling out the pastel pink nightgown that Gabby had bought a couple months ago. “I’m sure you’ll fill this one out pretty nicely.”

I nervously pulled the nightgown on. “This is gonna feel weird,” I said. Mom looked both amused and sympathetic at the same time. “I’ve only worn this a couple times, and I’ve never slept in it.”

“Believe me, sweetie,” Mom chuckled, “sleeping in one of those will feel like sleeping wrapped up in a cloud.”

I sat down on my bed. “Okay, so I’m just gonna wake up as a girl, right?”

Amy nodded. “Yep. Ms. Malski got it all ready.”

“How does she do this?”

“I don’t actually know. When she changed me, she’d planned it, but the jerk jock she changed was just a whim that same night, so I assume she can just do it mentally or something. I’m gonna warn you, though, I changed gradually over the course of a week, you’re gonna just go from male to female overnight. It’ll probably feel a lot weirder for you than it did for me.”

I sighed. “Well, no turning back now.” I looked back and forth between them. “You can go to bed now.” As if the idea had just occurred to them, they both left my room, Amy turning the light off as she shut my door behind her.

17.

I was standing in a giant white space. Nothing anywhere, just me. I spun around several times, hoping I’d find something, but nothing was there. Eventually, I spun so much that I fell down on my ass, dizzy. I didn’t get back up, I just sat there. I pulled my hair away from my eyes, but that was about it.

Wait… My hair wasn’t that long…

It wasn’t blonde, either.

I stood up quickly, almost disorientingly. Since when did my hair reach my shoulders? And why was it blonde? What the hell was happening to me? It wasn’t just my hair, either. Sure, I had plenty of girls’ clothes in my foot locker, but those stockings on my legs weren’t included. Neither were the heels. And neither was the dress I was wearing. I didn’t have too many dresses, but none of them were black, and none of them were backless.

I don’t know where this outfit came from, but I sure looked hot in it.

Or, at least, I would if I actually had the right parts to go with it.

Not even a hint of breasts, and I could feel my dick. My waist was thinner, my hips were wider, and my ass was bigger, but I honestly just looked like a pear-shaped thin guy in a black dress.

I walked a little into the whiteness, praying that something tangible aside from myself would appear at some point. After God only knew how long I was walking (assuming this was a dream, time had no actual concept), I finally stumbled upon a chair, literally. I didn’t know when the chair came into being, I just tripped over it. I use the chair to stand back up, and then the odd feeling of the edge of the chair hitting my breast rushed to greet me.

When had those grown in? I gripped them, surprised at their weight. They didn’t even look as big as Amy’s but they felt huge. How did Amy deal with big boobs if they felt this heavy? Then again, that’s what bras were for. I wasn’t wearing a bra right now, so they felt heavier.

I gripped the chair and sat down in it, smoothing the hem of my dress underneath me the way Gabby had taught me once. I just sat there and waited, hoping that something would happen eventually. Maybe I’d wake up. I didn’t notice that I had my legs crossed. It didn’t feel too uncomfortable to have them crossed the feminine way. Was my dick gone, too?

“Hey there,” Gabby said. Gabby? What the hell was she doing here? I turned around and saw her standing there, an odd look in her eyes. I couldn’t quite tell what it was, but it… Concerned me. “What’s that you’ve got up top, sugar tits?” She reached for my breasts and gently squeezed the right boob. “Ooh… Nice and juicy.”

“Lemme go,” I said, trying to push her hand off of me. She just gripped tighter. “Gabby!”

She giggled. “Sorry, baby, I just couldn’t help myself. They’re so much more fun to squeeze on somebody else than they are on yourself.”

Okay, that was not how Gabby was. I stood up and backed away from this… thing in Gabby’s shape. The girl in front of me just laughed. “You’re jumpy.”

“What are you?”

“Nothing. Everything. All things. No things. I’m a mindfuck in a bottle, and I’m here to work my magic.”

“Are you… Are you that sorceress that Amy talked about?”

She shook her head. “No. I’m something inside you.” She was suddenly grabbing hold of me, pushing me against an invisible wall. “And I wanna be let out!

18.

I woke in a cold sweat. I was breathing heavily, my heart pounding. I looked over at my alarm clock, it was three-forty in the morning. I laid back down, slowly. I wiped the sweat off my brow. Whatever the hell that was, it scared me.

I just laid there for another twenty or thirty minutes, staring at the stars on the ceiling. I didn’t want to go back to sleep, for fear that I’d have that… Dream… Again. I rolled over on my side and my arm bumped into my right boob. Suddenly, I was very awake.

I sat up again and turned on the lamp by my bed. They weren’t fake, they weren’t imaginary, this wasn’t a dream.

A girl was me.

I got up and walked over to the mirror above my dresser. The reflection looked sorta like me, but the influence from Mom’s side of the family was definitely there. The blonde hair from my dream was there, too, laying gently on my shoulder. I almost fainted looking at the cleavage I was now sporting. I had to be at least a cup size smaller than Amy, but I couldn’t really tell without her in the room. I tugged on my nightgown a little and peeked under it. The sight of a pair of tits hanging from your own chest would likely freak out any guy, and it was sure doing a number on me.

The hallway light came on. I quickly locked the door. “Kenny?” Amy asked. Why was she awake? “You okay in there?”

I gulped. “Don’t come in.”

Of course, that wasn’t the voice I was used to hearing coming out of my mouth. Why would it be? I wasn’t me right now. Except that I was, just not the way I used to be.

“Unlock the door, Kenny, I wanna make sure you’re okay.”

Opening the door would have been the smart thing to do, but I didn’t at first. I was still… Exploring, for lack of a better word. Avoiding touching certain things, for fear that one day may end up being more if I decided I liked them. I wanted to make sure that I could go back to being Kenny the next day, with my little curiosity sated and everything else back to normal.

“Please, Kenny. I don’t wanna wake your mom up.”

I sighed, then unlocked the door. Amy opened the door and stood there, amazed. I pretty much grabbed her and pulled her into my bedroom, then shut the door again. Amy continued to stand there and gaze at me, like she was jealous or (in some odd way considering she was straight) turned on by the sight of me. “Please stop staring,” I whispered.

She nodded. “Yeah, sorry. Last time this happened, I was the one changing, and it was gradual.” looked me over, head to toe. “You look… Why are you blonde?”

I shrugged. “I think my dad was blonde. Maybe being female brought that out?”

Amy shrugged. “I dunno. I just look like a female me, you look like a female you with blonde hair.”

“Yeah, I get that.”

“So, how do you feel? Do you feel different? Do you feel weird?”

I shook my head. “I… Honestly didn’t even notice right away. I sorta had to bump into my boob with my arm to notice.”

“So you don’t feel different at all?”

“No, I feel different, but the differences aren’t really there unless I think about them. Is that… I dunno… Normal?

She shrugged again. “I dunno about normal, but it could be something that Ms. Malski did with her magic to help you along, since this is just for a day.”

I groaned. “I’m not gonna start liking guys, am I?”

She shook her head. “No, no. You’re still gonna have all the same likes and dislikes, I’m just saying that Ms. Malski might have adjusted your mannerisms and things like that. Might have already adjusted your brain to your female body so that you’re automatically used to everything.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I wouldn’t want to just hop on the first guy I saw and start mackin’ on him. But one thing was still a problem for me. “I had this… Weird... Dream.”

Amy nodded. “Yeah. I had weird dreams, too.”

“What happened in yours?”

“An awful lot of foreshadowing.”

“Huh?”

“Just… Stuff. I’d be changing in the dream, or I’d already be female in the dream, and I’d be acting like nothing weird was going on. What was yours?”

I rubbed at the back of my neck. “I was in this big white room, wearing a dress I don’t own. Most of me was changed, but I didn’t have any boobs or other parts. I walked around the room, tripped over a chair and suddenly I was done changing. Then Gabby walked up to me and started trying to… Flirt? I dunno. With me. She groped me, and it creeped me out.”

“Okay, that’s fucked up.”

“Yeah, no kidding.”

“Is Gabby into girls?”

I shrugged. “I dunno. She’s had boyfriends, so she’s bi if anything.”

“Well, maybe you should ask her while we’re all out having a shopping trip today.” Amy walked back over to the door. “I’m getting back to sleep. You probably should, too.”

I sighed. “Yeah. I just hope I don’t have any screwed up dreams again.”

19.

Of course I’d have a fucked up dream again.

I was naked in this one, all five-foot-five of me spread across a table, on my stomach. The table was made of stone, which was just uncomfortable, especially to the boobs. I tried getting up, but then I was pushed back down. “Don’t move, sweetpea,” Amy said. Amy, this time. “Just getting you ready.”

“What’s going on now?” I asked.

“Just, y’know. Making sure you’re ready.”

“For what?”

She sighed. “Your date, dummy.”

“I’m not dating anybody!”

“And who’s fault is that? If you’d just let me help you with your makeup we wouldn’t be doing this, and you know that.”

“Why are you getting me ready for a date I’m not having?”

She made a tsk noise. “You just aren’t understanding it, are you?”

“No, I’m not!”

She leaned in and whispered in my ear. “And you’re not gonna here.”

20.

I wasn’t sweating this time, but I was just as freaked out. I wasn’t going back to sleep this time. I got up and walked over to my desk and pulled out my notebook. It was a habit of mine to write down my dreams, when I could remember them. These being likely magic induced dreams, I remembered every little feeling.

My handwriting was different. Instead of my usual sloppy handwriting, I was looking at probably the girliest handwriting imaginable. I was even dotting my i’s with hearts. That seemed stupid and just superfluous, why was that one of the changes? At least it wouldn’t last long.

I wrote about the dreams. The one with Gabby and the one with Amy. Two of the three people that knew about this. Would there have been a dream with Mom if I’d laid back down? I didn’t want to think about that, especially if it was as sexual as the last two I’d had. Granted, sexual meaning that I’d been naked in one and there was fondling in the other.

21.

The sun started to rise a couple hours later. I had gone from writing about my dreams to just plain writing. It was something I always enjoyed. It was likely being awake two extra hours of the day, or maybe it was actually my change, but I had a rush of inspiration hitting me. I wrote about an elf running away from home because of her abusive parents. I was having a lot of fun writing it, which hadn’t happened in awhile.

There was a knock on my bedroom door, then Amy asked, “Can I come in?”

“Yeah.”

She opened the door, one hand holding a hairbrush and the other a toothbrush. “Remind me which one of these I use on my hair and which one I use on my teeth.”

I laughed. “The big one is for your hair.”

She sat down on my bed. “I knew that.” She started brushing her hair out. “How’d you sleep?”

“Another freaky dream. This one with you in it.”

“Ooh, cool.”

I shook my head. “No. Not cool. You had me on a stone table naked getting me ready for some ‘date’ that I wasn’t going on.”

“Okay, I understand the not cool part now.” She walked over to me and started brushing my hair. “I wasn’t doing this, was I?”

“No. This feels kinda nice.”

“Cool. Whatcha doin’ there?”

She was looking at my story notebook. “I’ve been up for two hours writing this story about an elf running away from home. I just got her to this town where she meets some dwarves.”

“Ooh, can I read it? It sounds like it would be neat to draw some stuff for it.”

I had forgotten that Amy loved to draw. The idea of her drawing stuff for my writing sounded kinda cool. “Yeah. Just, lemme get a little further along, okay?”

“Yeah. You’ve got plenty of time until your mom gets back anyway.”

Wait a second. “Mom’s not here?”

She shook her head. “She got a call a few minutes ago, I’m surprised you didn’t hear it. She told me to tell you when you woke up.”

“Where’d she go?”

“Her work, somebody called off and they need her to fill in for a short shift.”

I felt a little more anxious about Mom seeing me now. I had felt that getting it over with when everybody woke up would be easy, but I hadn’t even heard the phone ring. Hadn’t heard the door open. Had I been that caught up in my writing? Jeez, inspiration was hitting me a little too hard.

“Hey, don’t worry about it,” Amy said, almost like she’d read my nervousness in my hair. “My mom and dad were on vacation the first couple days of my change, they came home and were totally okay with it. Granted, I’d never heard any of that stuff about Uncle Hud until yesterday, so Mom kinda makes sense now, but Dad was totally okay with it, too. He still tricks me into helping him in the garage, which grosses Mel out.”

I sighed. “Hopefully she comes home soon, though. If you and I are going shopping with Gabby today, I sorta want Mom to see a little of me before I get home and go to sleep just to be Kenny again.”

“That reminds me.” She sat down on the windowsill beside me. “You need to pick a name.”

“Kendra’s a name.”

“You’re not really gonna go with that, are you?”

“Right. Because Amanda is so very different from Adam.”

“Hey! It’s kinda backwards at least. You’re using the same first three letters.”

“Mom told me that she was gonna name me Kendra if I was a girl.”

“Oh. My mom wanted to name me Emily. I prefer Amanda.”

I rolled my eyes. “Still. I hope she gets home soon.”

Almost as if on cue, I heard the front door opening.

22.

I quickly stood up and then froze. Mom was actually about to see me. Assuming Amy was right, my mind was changed a little, so I took my new look in stride, but Mom went to sleep last night with the image of her son in a nightgown and was now about to walk into my room and see me filling out that nightgown the way it was supposed to be filled. All the nerves were rushing back to the surface.

“I brought donuts!” Mom shouted from the kitchen. “And chocolate milk!”

Amy turned to me. “If that’s not a reason to go out there, I don’t know what is.”

“Yeah, nervous,” I said.

“I know, but don’t worry about it.”

“I’m gonna be worried for the rest of my life.”

“I assume you mean day.”

“Yeah.”

“Well, how about I go and warn her first?”

“Warn me about what?” Mom asked. She was standing in the doorway, looking me up and down. “I always knew you’d turn out pretty if you’d been born a girl.” She walked over to me and pulled some of my hair up lightly. “I see you got your dad’s hair. Well, a little lighter. Your dad was more dirty blonde, you’re more golden.”

I had to ask. “This isn’t freaking you out in the slightest?”

She nodded. “Yes it is.” She smiled. “But I don’t want to worry you.” She grabbed me by the shoulders. “Today’s for you, sweetie. Experience being a girl for a day. You never know, you just might like it.”

I coughed out a laugh. “I’m sorta afraid of that.”

“Don’t be. If you like it, then you get to be the person you wanna be. If you don’t, then you get to stay the person you always were and today’s just a day to be out of character for fun.”

I nodded. “Yeah.” Then the next question I had to ask. “Would you have rather I been born a girl?”

“I can’t say it hasn’t crossed my mind, but I love you however you want to be.” She walked over to my foot locker and opened it. “Now, I saw an outfit in there that I think should work just fine for you today.”

My eyes widened. “I don’t get to pick my own clothes?”

“I’m not saying you have to wear it, but it’s relatively modest and should allow you some comfort since it’s hot today.” She picked through my clothes. “Though, wearing a bra will probably be a tad uncomfortable with the heat.”

I gulped a little more loudly than I wanted to. Even if I was determined to enjoy it, today was already gonna be a long day.

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So where is this principal

So where is this principal when others need her? I vote for Kendra to remain as the self she is now.

Kendra

Is going to find her friend is going to get even closer.. : ) Which is going to strongly convince her That BFF with benefits is cool!
a

alissa