Jem...Chapter 191

Printer-friendly version

Jem...Chapter 191

*Adam…

I was expecting this.

I was expecting the RCMP to show and I was expecting the actual show to happen because they want me. Well they want my family and they always have but police are as vain as anyone and they wanted the show.

They got Donnie and that sort of led to Justin and I and that’s actually fine. It’s more than fine it’s actually all according to plan.

I knew he’d fold and I knew that we’d get implicated but there’s also the fact that he’s a plant by me.

I have him saying what I want and that’s I was dealing and running this all for my father. Oh yes I’m involved for sure but I’m still going with the defense of me not really having a choice.

I had “Friends” well actually consultants when I got Kirk and Dane here that told me a lot of what police, real police do these days.

And right now they needed my arrest much more for getting more warrants to go over everything on the computers and in virtual storage.

Which means having enough for warrants for outside servers companies to let them look.

Again fine.

They won’t find anything that wasn’t there on purpose.

And I didn’t even hack things.

I just made them.

My father’s computer skills are no better than surfing and bare word processing with him having others doing all of that for him.

I’m not much better really in the day to day but I know content and what they’d be sort of looking for and what would make father look even more guilty.

But there’s nothing on my computers that will show anything towards the girls and the drugs.

And dear old dad never passworded his laptop or any of his devices since who’d ever think to come after him.

So downloads of breaking bad, google searches on drugs and making them, crime stories about drug lords and google map searches of where the cookhouse and the sex motel were.

And a little deeper saved to clouds his porn, his porn and the videos of the girls from the motel that were made here and there.

Including the one of the hispanic girl in the coma.

It was novel actually getting arrested and going through the process it definitely made it’s mark.

And not just getting fingerprinted though that and my “Mug shot” are good as well and my lawyer will get access to those and that will get “leaked”.

I’m in music this will give me street cred in a lot of ways in the industry.

Which wasn’t part of my original ideas but I’m rolling with it.

As Limp Biscuit says….rollin, rollin, rollin.

We get separated of course and i’m confident in Justin and Lucas with no worries they know who’ll get out of this and who will take care of them and Donny.

Well, Donny does too.

He’s a minor like me, no offenses and he’s not going to get much especially if he testifies against my father.

The cops, the prosecutors will take the bite of the apple they’re being given. There’s too much political gain to be had by arresting and putting my father behind bars. I’m literally as far as they know too young and too small a fish to fry up and grandfather is well...he’s grandfather and pretty much untouchable.

Not that the old bastard does much of anything these days.

Just sits around reading the papers and collecting dust and interest.

We get the ordered shower and searches and then the whole outfit too and I spend the rest of the day in a cell waiting for my appointment with the police psychologist.

She’s easy.

She’s looking for tells and signs and abuse.

And I don’t hold back with her either.

Well I’m not sobbing like a little bitch about it but I have lots of stuff from my past that’s real enough.

Dad before he got sloppy was a son of a bitch and he still is but he got sloppy, got okay with coasting and the status quo.

Oh he fucking liked to enforce what being a Marshall meant and he was pretty ruthless and sneaky when it came to getting back at my egg donor.

Yeah.

That bitch of a mother of mine, left and she left taking a lot of wealth with her but she and dad were consummate haters and cheaters.

And he never was caught, instead he caught her.

And… and well like all bitches she wasn’t there for anything but a payday.

And leveraged me for millions and literally sold me.

And she never looked back.

Oh I could find her, she’s still sort of around. Not so much here in Harper’s Point but Toronto...I think she has a place there or something.

I don’t know I haven’t looked since I was ten.

But yes, loads and loads of trauma and Dad is a coke head so I’ve seen him high and I’ve seen him drunk and I’ve seen him both and being less charming with people than he thought he was being.

So all those little hurts, all those little punishments and demands and things that were forbidden come out.

And I can see it on her face.

Especially as I literally put out the. “I’m the son, I’m the only son and grandson...sure there’s cousins but it’s all on me, it’s always been on me and there has never been a way out.”

“Even after this, unless...I...Even after this there’s still not a way out.”

She asked. “Is that why you’re trying to go into music?”

I nodded. “Lakes are getting rougher with the fish and pollution and then there’s lumber fading out and I don’t, don’t want to get into law like my father….so...I know music...and media is something that’s still growing...and I can call it communications.”

And all of that was true.

And not, I think that we have the mill and the fishing still solely for the town and that’s grandfather’s deal. Mostly our money is doing things in other things like a lot of the properties and businesses.

But in the end I think she literally got what she wanted.

And I was taken back to my cell and had a lovely TV dinner as my supper and then was let out in the yard.

Well I’m not in prison it’s at one of the local jails so it’s a ten foot wooden fence with a chain link one out of sight but higher so we can see the overhang of barbed wire.

And there’s two picnic tables firmly set into the concrete.

And a few other criminals out too with some of them just talking and some bitching about not being able to smoke here anymore.

Then there’s this big black fellow that I recognize and I steel myself as he comes over.

“Fucking rat.”

And he starts with a brain rattling punch to my face and I’m seeing stars as Derry makes sure that I shut my mouth...in fact he says it enough for the others to hear it.

I taste my own blood and I’m falling to the ground as the whole world spins and starts going black on me.

He did a good job.

Guilty masterminds don’t catch beatings like this.

It’s all going to plan.

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well........

D. Eden's picture

Adam certainly learned how,to manipulate people at a young age. He is definitely a conniving little bastard, on top of being an abusive asshole.

The ending of this reminded me a lot of Dirty Harry. In the original Dirty Harry story, the serial killer that Harry is stalking pays a rather large African American gentleman to beat the shit out of him so that he can blame it on Harry.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Dear Adumb,

You may think you're safe. You may think you're untouchable. You may think you hold all the cards. Little do you know the wheels of karma are turning just out of your sight. Karma is coming for you, and she always gets her man. Enjoy what you have now because it will not last. Your joy will turn to ashes and you will know your debt is paid.

Yours truly,
Karma

too bad the punch didn't give

too bad the punch didn't give him a little more brain damage and leave him a drooling idiot. that would be poetic justice you pay someone to beat you up and it goes a little farther than you wanted.

Karma is patience

When your debt comes due, the only one to blame is your self. You loaded, held the gun to your own body part, then....... I am now 62 almost 63, and it has taken until now to pay off my bill for this lifetime. Your are @-&_ right I am living the clean life thank you.

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif