Gaby Book 14 ~ The Girl ~ Chapter *27* Clinical Bonds

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Character Age: 

TG Universes & Series: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

gaby book 14 cover.jpg
 
 get the complete book here! {Or here (US)}
 
 
*Chapter 27*

Clinical Bonds

 
 

Friday – not quite the day of doom but I had more on my mind than Bavarian geology and German colonialism, which didn’t go unnoticed by the respective tutors. I think I have the right to be preoccupied, tomorrows surgery nails the coffin on my life as Drew. So okay Drew hasn’t really been around since Switzerland and only just even then but even so I felt that Drew was at least still an option.

 
 
“See you Monday!” Steff called out.

“Monday,” I agreed pointing my steed towards home.

“Come on, Gab,” Con encouraged.

I’ll admit it; I’ve been a wet blanket all day, the condemned man with the clock ticking the moments of my life away one by one.

BEEEEP!

I yanked on my brakes and nearly tipped the Schauff over getting it to stop forward motion.

“Dumkopf!” the yoof driving the Prat mobile shouted from the safety of his tin box before screeching away across the junction.

“Gab! You okay?” Con asked returning across the road to where I stood.

“Er yeah.”

“Arsehole!”

I’m sure she meant the car driver rather than me, “Yeah.”

“You sure you’re okay?” she pressed.

“I think I’ll walk, you go on.”

“I’ll walk with you.”

It wasn’t far back to mine, about two minutes by bike, ten walking with said vehicle – ten minutes in which we hardly exchanged a word.

“So you’ll call Sunday?”

“Providing I’m home,” I confirmed.

“It’ll be alright, Gab,” she offered pulling me into a hug.

“I’m scared,” I admitted.

She pulled me closer, “Everything’ll be fine, in a couple of weeks you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about.”

Not sure I can agree with that prediction but it was meant well.

“Thanks, Con, I guess I better go in.”

“Sunday, Bond.”

“Sunday,” I agreed as she set off to return to the bakery.

“Tschuss!”

 
 
“I’m home.”

“You’re late,” Dad noted from the lounge.

“Herr Boltt kept me back.”

“Oh?”

“I wasn’t paying attention in class so he gave me extra homework,” I advised.

Dave didn’t have to ask why his offspring wasn’t being attentive today, if the boot were on the other foot he’d likely be pre occupied too.

“Not too much I hope?”

“An extra chapter to read and write one of those sin things on it.”

“Synopsis?”

“Yeah one of them. Where is everyone?”

“Your mum’s upstairs and the others should be here before we leave, Jules rang, there’s been another jumper so all the trains are delayed.”

“Bummer,” I noted. Why would you do something like that? Commit hari kari that is. I might be having a shitty time but I’ll get by, maybe if I didn’t have the family and the girls it would be different but I can’t really envisage intentionally stepping in front of a train or jumping off a bridge to end things. You must be in a really bad place to do it, worse than finding out you aren’t what you thought.

“Snap to it, spud, your mum wants to leave before six.”

 
 
“You ready yet, kiddo?” Mum called up to my eyrie.

“Nearly.”

“Nearly?” she queried climbing the few steps up to my room.

After showering in my ensuite I dried myself but then found myself looking in my long mirror at myself. I’ve no idea how long I was stood there looking at my ‘bits’ and wondering what it’ll be like to not have them. They are part of me even if they, well it, isn’t what I always believed it to be and tomorrow it’ll be gone and something else will be in its place.

I didn’t hear Mum come in so gave a little jump when she wrapped her arms around my naked body.

“It’ll be alright, kiddo.”

“I won’t be the same though will I?”

“You’ll still be our child, you’ll still be a demon bike rider, and you’ll still have the same friends.”

“But I’ll be different.”

“The same but plumbed differently. Time to get some clothes on eh, we need to pick the others up in Remagen, they’ve put buses on as the trains still aren’t running.”

“’Kay.”

She kissed the top of my head and disappeared back downstairs.
 
 

We left a little after five thirty in the end, of course food was out – I’m starving already! Whilst all the tests and stuff have been up in Köln, due to us living in the Rheinland my surgery is taking place in the Frauenklinik at Remagen – at least it’s not far to go. We collected Jules and Mand then drove the short distance to the clinic – even its name forces me to confront my changing status.

As you know I’ve ended up in hospitals more than once, usually after a cycling incident but this is the first time for a planned procedure. Dr Fischer would be carrying out the procedure in the morning but tonight is all about getting me checked in and prepared for surgery.

“See you Sunday, sis,” Jules allowed giving me a hug before being replaced by Mand.

“Don’t let the girls con you into anything tomorrow.”

“They don’t call me Gaby Bond,” she replied with a grin.

“Hey!”

“Come on, kiddo, time to go up,” Mum instructed.

“Take care, Gab, see you Sunday.”

“Sunday.”
 
 

If you are not reading this on Big Closet it has been stolen and illegally posted. This work is Copyright Madeline Bell and no permission has been giving for posting elsewhere in any form.


 
 
 
 
Dad and the girls stayed in the reception area whilst Mum and I followed the nurse up to the surgical ward, I wasn’t to be the only incumbent, I’d be sharing the space with three other girls, women. Yeah women, women’s clinic, women’s problems and I’m getting my ‘women’s problem’ sorted. It still felt wrong to be here in this most female of places despite everyone insisting I’m as female as…well a female just plumbed wrong and after tomorrow that’ll be fixed.

Mum stayed until nine, the end of visiting hours by which time the other beds were all occupied, two older women and a girl about Jules age I guess. The frauen chatted like long lost friends, the girl was listening to her MP3 player leaving me to my own thoughts and geography homework.

 
 
“Gaby Bond?”

“‘S me.”

“Time to get you ready for the morning,” the nurse told me.

“Tonight?”

“Unless you want to wake at five, you are in theatre at seven.”

Seven? Flippin’ ‘eck. I slipped my er slippers on and followed my warder out of the ward and along to a bathroom.

“You’ll need to remove any jewellery please.”

“’Kay,” it’s not like I wear loads of stuff so it didn’t take long to remove a pair of sleepers and my St Christopher chain and put them in a bag with my watch which Hanelore, the nurse, marked up with my details.

“I’m afraid we have to shave you,” she instructed.

I rubbed my hairless chin, “Shave?”

“Not there, the area for surgery,” she grinned.

“There?”

“Yup.”

Now I might be used to the fantastic changing facilities of amateur cycling but actually exposing myself to a complete stranger is not something I ever planned on doing.

“Around my er…?”

“Clean as a babies bum.”

It’s part of being a teenager right, sprouting hair in different places, makes you an adult, I was quite proud of my few sparse hairs. Now even they are to be stripped away.

“You’ll be careful?”

“I have done it a few times before.

 
 
The antiseptic bath after my scalping was interesting, I had to grit my teeth against the stinging in my crotch. It was gone ten when we returned to the ward, me walking slightly John Wayne to avoid rubbing my tender bits. The girl was now asleep; the old ladies both watching the telly, one of those sketch shows that populate RTL’s evening schedules.
 
 

I can’t tell you anything about my surgery – I was out cold. Breakfast was half a cup of water before riding a chair to the theatre where I was swabbed down again before the anaesthetist did his stuff.
 
 

“How you doing, kiddo?”

“Mum?”

“You remember!”

“Mu-um, stop being daft.”

“You feeling okay?”

“Apart from starving and thirsty.”

“Well you can have some water,” she advised passing me a cup with a straw.

I took a long draw of the tepid liquid, it was wet at least.

“Dr Fischer said it all went to plan.”

My hand went to my crotch to be met with what felt like a nappy covering stuff.

“Shouldn’t I hurt?”

“They have you on morphine kiddo, you will have some pain as things settle down, it’s early yet.”

“What time is it?”

“Half two,” she advised.

“How long..”

“You came out of surgery about an hour ago.”

“I went in at seven, that’s over six hours!”

“There was quite a lot to do,” Mum pointed out.

 
 
I’m sure they told us before but I hadn’t been listening, listening would make it real and I didn’t want it to be real. But real it was and now, now it’s done, there won’t be any doubt from anyone but me, I don’t just have the chromosomes but the body too that says I’m a female of the species, full card carrying and operational. I drifted off to sleep – the meds doing a good job of keeping any pain at bay.

The ward was dark when I next woke with the urge to pee, how the heck do I?

Hanelore was on duty again and must have seen me squirming about because she appeared at my bedside, turning a low light on.

“You okay, Gaby?”

“I um need to wee.”

“You have a catheter, just relax and let it flow.”

How embarrassing, I might be a girl but I need to learn some skills that other girls have been practicing since, well, birth. All the gear and no idea that’s me.

Maddy Bell 15.12.15

up
345 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Drew's gone!

Long live Gaby! She's having to deal with major surgery with her family around to support her through it all and she knows her friends are there for her when she gets home.

It's been a very long road

Donna T's picture

Wow! After so much time from the beginning the deed got done. Sorry to see you go 'Drew it's been quite an adventure and we're still your friends. I'm glad I was along for the ride. Hope all the best for Ms Gaby. Looking forward to new chapters in Gaby's life.

Donna

So Gaby is now completely 'in

So Gaby is now completely 'in the driver seat' and Drew is not even a passenger any longer. Very nice indeed. Glad she has her mum, dad, and sister supporting her and being with her on this long journey, as well as her special friends. Will be rather nice to read about Gaby's new life as it comes along.

So that is that

We'll its been quite the journey to see Gaby, a twist in that all the time it was Drew that wasn't real. (although perhaps not the word I am looking for) Still, wonderful story.

++++++++++++
Cartman: A fine day of plundering we had boys. What about yourselves? Here you are lads, plenty of booty to go around. A round of grog for me boys. A round of grog for everyone!

Might be Gaby

Podracer's picture

At the front, though surely the ghost of Drew will linger a while to put a shiver up her back once in a while. Any odd thing can trigger us into a different state of mind, a different perception - especially one of our own self. The face in the mirror isn't always the same one.

"Reach for the sun."

I know how she feels

Pamreed's picture

I remember waking up from my surgery and thinking now I am all female. That was 10 years ago
and I have never regretted having it!!

Blessings,
Pamela

I think -

for all of us, the feelings, the fears and the anticipations all summate to a different sense of completion. But I think for myself it was more a 'Fork in the road' than the 'end-of-the-road'.
For the first three days I never felt the need to urinate because the catheter did the job for me but the day they removed the catheter was one of nervous anticipation. Finally I was able to demonstrate full bladder control about two hours after it's removal and after drinking copious amounts of water. After that I was 'full steam ahead'. A fellow author and friend from BC very kindly drove me home. I was dancing on the stage at the club nine days later and back on my bike (With very soft saddle of course,) within six weeks.
Never looked back.

Thanks for the story and thanks for sparing the many gruesome details.

Bev. xxx

bev_1.jpg

PamsReed

One major difference Pam
You and I went out of way to get to surgery.

Even when Gaby was least drew like, neither persona wanted that surgery. Gaby had it to save his life ... All the accumulated surgery drew had was what a trannsexual would have ....
At this point he an fully functioning female. ... Not a woman with a hysterectomy nor a pseudo vagina.
Functions wise he's no different from his sister or mandi.

The fix is done

Jamie Lee's picture

After putting it off as long as was possible, Drew finally had the surgery that corrected her plumbing issue. But it isn't completely over yet, as Gaby will still think of herself as Drew.

Drew, Gaby, she's still the same person even if her plumbing has changed. Whether as Drew or Gaby, they both are forgetful, hate early mornings, are often late leaving the house for school, and hate wearing dresses. And let's not forget how easily they tune out uninteresting things, causing others to see they aren't paying attention.

Everyone but Gaby, see only one person before them, not the two Gaby often saw. It will take time for her to realize that whether she's Drew or Gaby, she's still the same person others have come to like. Like enough to razz her as often as they can.

Others have feelings too.