Servants Of Redemption: Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

We are the Servants of Redemption. We are seven, five women, two men, united in her service, her Chosen in this world.

She calls herself Redemption in this age. She was here long, long ago, but the name she used then was lost as her people died.

Somehow, someone somewhere on this world found her, even though her name could not be remembered, and believed in her. Even she was mystified at the fact that she was reborn in a sense, she had been floating alone in a timeless void until that first person believed.

Many years passed, a century or three after Her rebirth, I think, before she was able to call us to her service.

As I said, we are seven in number. Initially, there were six men and only one woman, that one being the Servant known as Peace.

Peace is a beautiful woman, tall with long golden blonde hair, just short of being voluptuous, and wears a pale blue robe bearing her emblem. Peace stands with her arms open wide, offering comfort and safety to those in need, and guides Her people in the paths of peace.

Our Lady Redemption's emblem is one hand offering help to another. (See the attachment at top of the story.)

The leader of Her Servants, if there is a need for one, is the female known as Justice. She is blind and wields a balance scale. Blind or not, Justice is able to find those who call on her and is very adamant in her defence of those who have been wronged. Justice, like myself and two others, was a male before She called us. She is tall and strong, with bright red waist length hair and a robe that is half black and half white.

Honour, one of the two males, leads those who wish to serve her on the fields of battle as She seeks to redeem mankind. Those who go into battle for her follow the code of the bushido, much as the samurai did long ago on the battlefields of Japan and other nearby nations. Honour bears a large silver sword, armour and tower shield of the same colour, his shield and armour bear Her emblem. He is tall, very well built, with sapphire blue eyes and shoulder length ash blond hair, he wears a red cape that also bears Her emblem.

I, I am Vengeance, the one she sends when someone has been wronged by one who has no honour in their soul. I am tall and statuesque, with waist length raven hair bound in a braid. I carry a sword and a hammer, my armour and cape are red and black and bear her emblem.

Then there is the Weaver, Peace's physical twin except where Peace's arms are open wide, Weaver's arms reach forward to those she heals. Weaver, like myself, was initially male. Her robe is a silvery white in colour, bringing to mind a freshly spun spider's web.

Next is Faith, she who leads Her priests and priestesses who, in turn, lead Her followers on the paths of redemption. Faith is the smallest of us by far, with waist length auburn hair, green eyes and wears a pale green robe. She, too, was male before she was called to serve Her.

Last is the Reaper, he who collects souls for Her. He is tall and gaunt, his hair bone white, his skin only a few shades darker. He wears a long, midnight black robe that brushes the ground and carries a scythe, the five foot long handle of bright bone attached to a razor sharp blade.

The Weaver, Faith and the Reaper all bear her emblem on their robes. The emblem is the sign of our service to Her.

We are Her Servants, Her Emissaries to the world below. She has called us and given us our duties, now it is time for us to go forth.

AttachmentSize
Image icon Helping Hand78.32 KB
up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A interesting start...

That's a very interesting start, set the players in motion, can't wait to see what happens now. What's their first task? =]

Sara

The link to the image is

Brooke Erickson's picture

The link to the image is broken.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Re: Image link

It works fine for me, not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Perhaps you could refresh your browser, now sure what else to suggest.

Weird, it works now. Before I

Brooke Erickson's picture

Weird, it works now. Before I was getting a message about the link redirecting in a way that would never complete...

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks