The Lost Hope of Hope Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Author Notes
I have been a reader on and off for a few years with no account but have decided to have a go at writing a story for you all.
This is pure fiction although some event in the text did happen as this based on the real life world

Prologue

This story is one of a girl named Hope we follow her through the early years of her standing journey. She was born a boy named Harry in an American naval hospital in Japan. Into the Williams, a loving, close-knit military family. Their Father Emmett Williams a Corporal in the Marine Corps, their mother Anne and older sister Kathryn. Kathryn at the age of just 4 was jealous of her younger brother due to all the attention he was getting from the Hospital Corpsman and her parents.
Kathryn was slow to accept her brother, trying to ship him in a box. Trying being an overstatement word she could not hold him long enough to carry to the box let alone into the box. As time went on, she formed a bond with her brother one which will be unbelievably important to Hope’s life.
The bond between Kathryn and Harry was tested a lot as Kathryn began her development into womanhood; with the mood swings, interest in boys and all the social drama of preteens and teens girls. Also, Kathryn was a happy, bubbly girl who’s smile could be seen in space. This was not the case with Harry who was kind of down and out all the time, not overly joyful and never actually smiled. This was the biggest problem between them.
The Williams moved back the states as, the Marine Corps stationed Cpl Emmett and his family at Quantico, Virginia, two years after Harry was born. The strain on the family was high due to the short amount of time to get packed and the increased security on bases and at airports since the attacks on the world trade centre. This meant hours sat at the Haneda Airport, Tokyo waiting to just pass through security. Also, they had a connecting flight, so more sitting at LAX for the same amount of time.
The Williams continued to be moved every few years. Which bring us to the present day where we join Harry.
I hope you enjoy this story and let's hope that hope will join us soon.
The first Chapter is on the way. I am not sure how long this story will but you will help me I sure.

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos