The Sirens Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Angel slowly opens his eyes and looks around. He was sandwich in between D.A. and Angie, lying on his side. He had buried his face against D.A’s chest during the night. He could feel Angie behind him with one arm draped over his slim body and her chest pressed against his back. Angel snuggles closer against D.A.’s chest and body. He felt safe between his mother’s body and didn’t want to leave.

D.A. wakes an hour later looking at Angie’s sleeping face and feels Angel press between them. Angel was pressed against her chest, which felt sore for some reason. D.A. slowly moves off the bed and head to the bathroom. She checks her chest and notice it was looking a little raw.

D.A. heads back into the bedroom and notice Angie sitting up waiting on her to exit the bathroom.

Angie notices the gauze on D.A.’s right breast covering her nipple.

“What happened?” She points to D.A.’s chest.

“Our daughter got hungry last night and tried to milk me.” D.A. had a teasing look on her face.

Angie looks down at Angel, who was still asleep and then back at D.A.

“Do you think she did it on purpose or accident?” Angie really didn’t care, but wanted to know.

“I don’t think it was on purpose.” D.A. looks down at Angel.

“I think it was an unconscious act. She was snuggled up close to my body.” D.A. just observes Angel.

Angel slowly starts to stir and sits up with his hair blocking his view. D.A. couldn’t help to think Angel looked like a little kid when he sat up with his hair blocking his view. He looked so sleepy and younger then he was. He leans against Angie, who puts her arm around his waist to support him.

“Good morning sleepy head.” D.A. sits down next to him on the bed. D.A. saw his eye was looking darker then yesterday.

“I have to run to the bathroom.” Angie picks Angel up and sits him down on D.A.’s lap.

Angel holds onto D.A. feeling tired and trying to wake-up. He rests his head against her shoulder. He was sore and tired for some reason.
D.A. just rubs Angel’s back. She could feel the wrapping around his chest.

“Still waking up sweetie?” D.A. felt Angel nod his head.

She holds him tight to her and just sits there comforting her daughter. She hasn’t had a lot of time lately to spend with Angel.

“Why don’t you lie back down for a while? While Angie and I, get dress” D.A. lays Angel back down on the bed and starts getting dress.

She glances over towards Angel, who had fallen back asleep again. She finishes dressing and helps Angie get dress as well. The two of them go and met up with the rest of the members for breakfast, that had been laid out by their host.

Clair and Rachel sit next to Brenda and Kimberly “How’s Angel this morning?”

“She went back to sleep this morning. She woke-up for a little while and then while we were getting dress, she fell back to sleep. I’m going to let her sleep in today.” D.A. was looking for Rachel’s charged.

“What did Sam do to Frankie after we left to bring Angel here?” D.A. looks towards Rachel.

“He left with his son before you got back. I don’t know what punishment he was going to give him, but I can say that the boy is going to get what he has coming to him.” Rachel drinks her coffee.

“D.A., I was wondering if we can go ahead and patch April when we get to Sturgis. She has been setting an example for the other prospects and walking her butt off.” Rachel liked the newest girl.

Angie looks over towards Clair “do you agree with your partner? Since the two of you are her sponsors. It needs to be agreed by both of you.”

“Yes. I agree with Rachel. She has proven herself to me and has earned my respect.” Clair looks back at Angie.

“Then when we get to Sturgis, we’ll make her a full fledge member, along with two others.” Angie and D.A. already knew who the other two were.

When breakfast is over, Brenda and Kim head back to the motorhome to check on Angel. Helena comes in and checks Angel over to make sure he didn’t have a fever or anything.

“It has to be his medicine that is making him so sleepy. Plus, what happen last night. I think it will do Angel some good to let him sleep today.” Helena looks at every one present.

“I’ll stay with Angel.” Kim says to everyone as she looks at Brenda, Angie, Helena and D.A.

“Are you sure, sweet heart?” Brenda walks up to her lover and wraps her arm around her waist.

Kim considers Brenda’s eyes “Yes. I have something I need to work on before we get back. You know as well as I do, that I’m only going to have two days to prepare for my new students. This will give me some time to review the lesson plan I was sent for the first quarter.” Kim kisses Brenda.

“Thank you, Kim. I’ll check on you and Angel later this afternoon.” D.A. looks towards both of her friends.

“No problem.” Kim gives D.A a friendly smile. Everyone after that goes their separate ways.

Kim works on the stuff she had been sent for her class when she gets back. D.A. and Angie stop by to check on Angel late into the afternoon. Angie goes over and checks Angels fore head to make sure she didn’t have a fever. Both women were concern about Angel, but they went ahead and left to help organize tonight’s make shift cookout. Several of the Siren’s went into town to get food and alcohol for it.
Angie looks over towards D.A. They had been in a meeting all day with Roy and Sam about what happened last night. D.A. and Angie had been informed that Frankie had been taken care of. His punishment was so severe that he won’t be able to sit down for a week and he has been grounded for several months. His parents are going to make him do community service for the club as well. Sam knows this could never make-up for what he did to Angel.

“Well, I’m going to go and check on Angel.” Angie turns to leave.

“Give her a kiss from me and Clair, Angie. We hope she is feeling better.” Rachel heads in the opposite direction.

Angie knocks on the motorhome door before entering. Kim was making notes on a legal pad at the kitchen table.

“How’s Angel doing?” Angie looks towards the Master bedroom.

“Still asleep, she was tossing and turning a few minutes ago. I guess she must have had a nightmare or something.” Kim had heard Angel moaning and tossing in her sleep.

Angie heads back to the bedroom to check on Angel. She notices Angel crying and then she starts crying out of her father to stop hurting her, pleading for him to stop.

Angie rushes to the bed and scoop Angel up into her arms.

“It’s alright sweetie, it’s alright. He’ll never hurt you again.” Angel wakes up in a cold sweat when he hears Angie’s voice. He buries his head against her shoulder and cry, while his tiny body shakes.

Angie rubs his back and soothes him. She rocks back and forth with Angel in her arms. Angel stops shivering and relaxes against Angie’s body. He leans back and wipes the tears from his eyes.

“Mom, I need to tickle.” He says those words in his sweeties sounding voice.

Angie puts Angel back down and watches as she rushes to the toilet to do her business. Angie starts pulling a pair of shorts, T-shirt, underwear and a pair of shoes for Angel to wear for dinner.

Angel comes walking back into the bedroom and notice some clothes laid out for him.

Angie looks over towards Angel “are you hungry, sweetie?”

“Just a little bit” He was more thirsty than hungry.

“Okay, let’s change you into something simple tonight.” Angie helps Angel undress and redresses him. Angel felt so tired still, even after sleeping all day long like he did.

Angie takes Angel out of the bedroom and into the living area of the motorhome.

“Well, looks who’s up finally.” Kim puts her pen down and comes over and kneels in front of Angel. She brushes aside a lock of hair out of her eyes.

“You still look sleepy sweetie. Is everything alright?” Kim was a little concern.

Angie looks down at Angel and could see it as well. The poor child looked dead tired, even tho she slept all night and all day.

“You’re right. We need to get Helena to examine Angel again.” Angie was getting concern.

“I’ll go and get her.” Kim rushes out of the motorhome to go and locate Helena.

Angie takes Angel over to the sofa and sits with her. She lifts Angel onto her lap and wraps her loving arms around the poor kid.

Angel leans back against his mother and let his eyes close for a few minutes.

Kim comes back in with Helena on her heels. She has her kit with her and takes Angel back to the Master bedroom to examine her. They come back out twenty minutes later. Helena looks towards Kim and Angie “well the good news is that Angel’s condition won’t last long. Once she starts eating right. The bad news is, Angel suffers from low potassium and iron levels. The low potassium level can easily be fixed by having Angel eat more bananas which will allow it to go away with time. I’m putting Angel on an iron regiment. She’s to take two iron pills every morning before breakfast. Also, …” Helena looks towards Angie.

“All the injuries she has taken both before she came to us and then lately isn’t helping her healing. It’s also not helping her circulation. Her body needs time to heal. She’s already got way too many injuries on her body, then she should have.” Helena knew Angie and D.A. would do whatever they needed to for Angel.

“We’ll make sure she’s safe from here on out.” Angie picks Angel up and holds her.

“Well, let’s go and join everyone else.” Angie leads the way to the party and sets Angel down in a lawn chair in between D.A. and herself. She leaves Angel alone as she goes to get food for her and herself.

D.A. spots her daughter and walks over towards her.

“Well my little Angel has woken-up. How do you feel sweetie?” D.A. kneels to be on the same eye level.

“Tired mommy” Angel covers up a yawn with her hand.

Angie comes walking up from behind D.A. “She’s suffering from low potassium and iron. Helena wants her to eat more bananas and take two iron pills every day before breakfast.”

She hands Angel her food and Drink.

“So, it’s a combination of things then?” D.A. looks towards her partner.

“I’m afraid so. Between Angel having low potassium, low iron and all the abused she has gone through. Her body basically can’t handle it any more. The emotional torment she had to live through isn’t helping her.” Angie sits down in her chair, while D.A. stayed standing.

“Well from now on sweetie, I want you to tell me when you’re not feeling well, so we can get you some help. Everyone in the MC loves you and will protect you.” She taps Angel’s nose with her finger.

Angel just giggles like a little girl.

“Now sit back and enjoy your dinner.” D.A. turns and leaves to get herself something to eat.

D.A. comes back later and sits down in her chair next to Angel. The rest of the night Angel stays with his mothers and enjoy hearing stories. D.A. had informed him they were pulling out tomorrow morning.

up
232 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Add in....

D. Eden's picture

That Angel was underfed and probably suffering slightly from malnutrition due to her "father" (there's a wrong use of the word if I ever saw one) not feeding her, and that simply multiplies the effect of everything else. A healthy body is pretty damned resilient, but Angel wasn't healthy to begin with.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Very interesting story

I'm hooked on it. May all your writing be this good or better. Thank you.

no daddy

When mr. DF shows up. Angle has a lot more protector's now and is going to remember what pain is if, he attempts to hurt her...If; he lives!!

alissa

sounds like internal bleeding to me

need a white cell count and ultra sound DA does not spend enough time with Angel and does not devote herself to the abused child like she should . the frigging MC can exist without her while she pays attention to the kid IMHO

SJH