The Spanish Flower Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Carmen starts getting ready for her number. Her and Jesse had, had an argument this morning about her coming back to work. One, because she really isn’t of legal age to perform as a drag queen and two, because the cartel guys that were after her were laying low, because another group was moving in on their territory and they couldn’t spare any one right now. That’s what Jesse had gotten from that guy he had caught the other night. She was getting tired of being shut-up in his house with nothing to do except watch television and listening to his cd’s.

She has promise that she would call him when she was ready to leave. Besides, she really needed the money. True, she still had some of that money she had found, but that was emergency money only and it was in her safe deposit box at her bank.

“Carmen, it’s your turn sweetie.” Georgia Swan looks over at their youngest entertainer and hope everything was alright.

“Thanks Georgia.” Carmen gets up and heads out on stage and start her number. After a few minutes, she loses herself to the music and start shaking her assets and bouncing around on stage. The number she was performing was an old Gloria Estefan song. She does two number she had practice and then goes into another that was a Spanish Lullaby

By the time she was done sing, she was exhausted. Carmen takes her bows and head into the dressing room.

“Girl, how do you expect me to follow that act?” Jessica Moon was shaking her head.

“Sorry Jessica.” Renata really looks sorry. She didn’t mean to make it hard.

Jessica just shakes her head and goes out to start her performance. Renata could hear that music she was lip syncing to was an old Cher number and then another one and finally something more up to date. Carmen sings a little to herself while she fixed her make-up and go out into the bar and mingle with her fans. This is what she enjoyed. Performing and entertaining to a crowd and singing.

“Carmen, why don’t you come up here and do a number with me.” Jessica Moon motions for Carmen to come up and join her.

“Okay” Carmen gets up on stage and they perform a duo song that both knew the words to and rock the joint.

The two of them go into another song and continue the energy that was building. Everyone starts chanting for more. So, they do another number. Once that number is done, Renata and Jessica get down off the stage and have a cold drink to relax their vocal cords.

“So, have you found a boyfriend yet?” Jessica takes a sip of her drink while watching Renata.

“No, I’m living with a guy right now, but he isn’t my boyfriend. He’s more of a friend.” Renata knew there was no way Jesse could ever have anything to do with her.

“How about you? Any one special?” Renata smiles when she notices Jessica eyes light up.

“Yes, he’s an account at Williams and Williams. Everyone knows he’s gay. So, there’s no problem with our relationship.” Jessica was beaming with pride when she thought about her boyfriend.

“Maybe one day you’ll find that special one Carmen.” Jessica rest her hand on her shoulder.

“Thanks, Jessica.” Carmen takes a deep breath and let it out slowly. She hopes one day she will find that special person, but for now she’ll just have to live a lonely life.

Renata stays the rest of night and enjoy the company. Around two in the morning, she calls Jesse to have him come and pick her up. She hates doing this to him, but he insisted that they do things this way. He arrives within fifteen minutes and she walks outside making sure it is safe.

Once she is inside the car and belted in.

“So how was tonight?” Jesse had never been inside a gay club.

“It was fun tonight. Me and Jessica rocked the place. I think you would have had fun being there, all though. I might have to beat the other guys off you.” Renata wonders if he would show one night.

“You beat the other guys off me? Are you telling me you’re gay?” Jesse had been wondering about Renata, but felt uncomfortable asking her.

“No, but everyone at the club thinks I am. I want a traditional relationship between a woman and a man. I want to find a man that could accept my past and love me for me.” Tears were sliding down Renata’s cheeks, but she didn’t want Jesse to see them.

He glances her way and watches as she tries to hide something from him. The rest of the ride he thinks about what she had admitted to him while they drove home. Was he starting to feel something for her? He’ll have to see where their relationship goes from here.

“Jesse, would you mind if we stop and get something to drink please? I didn’t buy any more soda for the house.”

“Sure, no problem Renata.” Jesse pulls into a Shop 24 and parks.

“I’ll be just a minute Jesse.”

Renata gets out and walks into the store and picks up two, two liters of Pepsi and a bag of gummy bears as well. She heads back outside and just as she is walking towards the car, a car squeals by and gunfire could be heard. The next thing Jesse sees is Renata being hit and the guy behind her as well. The car that had done the shooting takes off down the road.

Jesse gets on his radio and call for the ambulance and after he does that. He gets out of the car and rushes over towards her. He notices she had taken several bullets to the stomach and to her nether region. He does what he can to stop the bleeding from her wounds till the ambulance arrives.

Renata looks up at Jesse and in a weak voice “why do bad things keep happening to me?”

Jesse just smiles at her “don’t know darling, but you do tend to draw attention to yourself.”

Jesse stays by Renata side till the ambulance shows up. He had managed to slow the bleeding till they got there. The other person had taken a bullet through his head and through his chest. More cop cars show at the same time as the ambulance. While the paramedics stabilized Renata, Jesse tells the other officers what happened.

The ambulance takes Renata to the nearest hospital. Jesse follows and waits while they operate on Renata. The Doctor does manage to fix one of the wounds of Renata, but inform Jesse that they will have to change her gender.

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not quite how she envisioned it.......

D. Eden's picture

But I'm sure she'll be happy with the outcome of her surgery!

The real question here is how Jesse will react.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

So some good does come out of

So some good does come out of a very bad situation. Renata has received what she has wanted most, even if it was not in the way she dreamed of. Hopefully, Jesse and the rest of the Texas Rangers in his Squad and the local police will be able to track the shooters down and by doing so help to quash the cartel's business in the region.

Hmm

Beoca's picture

Something tells me Renata will have no problem with this outcome.

Curious

but at least Renata is completing her journey several years earlier, but interesting thing if it was the Cartel why didn't they also shoot Jesse at the same time unless they mistook the other chap ?
But perhaps there is another choice for the shooter, perhaps it was the Sister drag queen that set up Renata to be captured?
or was the other chap the target and Renata just caught in the fire zone?

Matt