The Cat In The Cradle Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

When the trio arrived at Mommies and gone inside. They were shown to a back table that Paul and Kat normally requested when they ate here. Kat ordered salads for everyone, while she gave Brittney time to browse the menu to decide what she wanted to eat. Kat was having her normal, which was homemade spaghetti which came with three huge meatballs. The sauce was a Sicilian style sauce made fresh daily. Paul orders his usual which is a Carbonara dish. Brittney didn’t know what to order. So, she orders the same as Kat.

Kat waits till the waitress leaves to ask Brittney who Greggory Miller is. Once the waitress leaves. Kat looks at Brittney.

“Okay, spill. Who is Greggory Miller?”

Brittney takes a sip of her tea and then looks directly at Kat’s blue eyes “he’s one of the counselors at the camp I was sent to. I think he might be the head counselor, but I’m not sure. All, I do know about him is that he is normally the one that administers the beatings given to you by the leather belts. Each belt hanging on the wall in the room you’re taken too. Has been given a saints or angels name. He makes you say that name each time he strikes you with it. If you don’t say the name correctly, he strikes you two more times till you get it right.”

Brittney could remember her first time going into that room. She had been bent over a table and had her hands and legs secure while he whipped her with a belt. She couldn’t sit down on any hard surfaces, which was all they had except their bed.

Kat was squeezing her hand so hard in anger that her claws were digging into the palm of her hands. Oh, she so wanted to find this guy and show him what true pain was all about. She wants to take her claws and rake them down his back till she was drawing blood.

Paul saw how pissed his partner was getting and knew, if he didn’t stop her now. She would work herself up into a murdering rage. Kat’s older sister had told him she had a bad temper and on more than one occasions he has witness it himself.

“Kat, count to ten NOW!” He had to make sure she heard him.

Brittney was surprised when Paul raised his voice, but then she notices that Kat’s eyes were getting darker and a low growl had been forming in her throat. She could see that Kat was getting really, angry.

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10” by the time she reached 10 her anger was subsiding, she could still feel it below the surface.

Kat takes a breath and holds it till she could feel her anger under control and then release it. She had major anger issues and knew it.

“Are you feeling better now?” Paul looked at his partner, especially into her eyes. Her eyes normally reflected how pissed she was.

“Yay, I’m fine for now. I’m going to have to hit the bag after lunch to work the rest of my anger out.” Kat could remember her father making her hit the bag he kept hanging outside on the patio for her to take her anger out. He had it specially reinforce because sometimes she would use her claws to rip into it.

Brittney looks at Kat “Kat, can I ask you something without getting my head bitten off?”

Kat just smiles “Ya, you can ask me anything kiddo.”

Brittney thinks about her question and then figures it wouldn’t hurt asking.

“What are you? I mean, you look like you’re a cross between a cat and a human.” Brittney hopes she wasn’t over stepping the bounds here.

“You would figure I would be used to that question by now. To be honest, I have no idea. My father and his wife found me one night walking home from their evening stroll. They said I was in a trash bag and had heard me mewing. So, they opened the trash bag and found me inside with my umbilical cord still attach and covered in blood in a Pennzoil oil stained box. My eyes were still closed at the time. Since my mother was a nurse at the time. They took me to the hospital where she worked and had me checked out. They tried to feed me formula and such, but I threw it up. So, they tried human breast milk and it stayed down. My mother managed to get her breast milk going again and she feed me. I stayed at the hospital for months while test was being done on my D.N.A. No one could understand how I was still human under the skin, but had features like my ears, tail, teeth and claws.” Kat holds her hand up to show Brittney. She makes them extend out some.

“One doctor figures that some of the birth defects that some humans are born with in small amounts like my tail were multiplied on a genetic or cellular level during my development. The same thing about the rest of my body. I’m basically human with enhanced birth defects. I do have some drawback too. My eye sight is not like a normal person. I can see well in the dark, but bright flashing white light pretty much blind me. I also hear into ranges that normal people can’t hear and its really annoying at times. I need to concentrate to filter out other noises. Same thing with my nose. I can smell things others can’t, but rotting smells make me sick to my stomach. I can't stand being around trash or other strong smells. Those pepper balls I used yesterday on that guy. Affect me worse than say you or Paul. I have strong primal instincts as well. Emotions like anger, fear, jealousy, fright and pleasure are stronger than most people. Paul knows how to keep me center and pleased.” Kat looks over towards Paul with a very pleased look on her face.

Paul just keeps a straight face revealing nothing. He knows Kat loves to have him dominate her in bed and be rough during their love making. He enjoys it as much as she does.

When Paul doesn’t take the bait, Kat continues “I know there is another person like me living in Kansas that looks like a giant version of Gadget from Disney’s Rescue Rangers. She’s a mechanic and works on cars, jets, tractor trailers and airplanes. She’s also a pilot like her father and they live at an airfield that is privately owned now. I found her information among my father’s belongings. We have never met and I bet if I asked her, she would want to know the same question as me to why would someone do something like this to us? Also, who left both of us in the trash? Why were we created in the first place? Maybe not who left both us, but I heard her father found her during a snow storm in a trashcan. Which is like how I was found and why the trash? Why couldn’t it been some where safe?”

The waitress appears with their meal and leaves after making sure each person got what they ordered.

“So, did your parents ever find the answers to your question? I saw pictures of them walking down the hallway.” Brittney cuts the meatball up and twirl some spaghetti with it.

“Nope, they never did find the answers either. My father thought it was a research company or scientist doing work for the government. It wouldn’t be the first time the government did experiments on people without telling them.” Kat was enjoying her lunch. Mommies always gave them too much and would end up taking some home with them.

“Now we need to help you with your problem, Brittney.” Paul figures it was time to change the subject.

“If you don’t mind answering my questions. Who are your parents and where is this camp located?” Paul wants to see if he could reason with

Brittney’s parents in letting her come back home and accept her like she is.

Brittney sighs as she puts her fork down. She doesn’t know how they were going to handle what she was about to tell them.

“My parents are Reverend Fredrick Earl Cerullo and Paula Elizabeth Cerullo.” Brittney looks at both for their reaction.

Both Paul and Kat nearly choke on their food at the same time. They have heard of both those people. Hell, they had television shows that came on every Sunday morning and in the afternoon. They were freaking famous and rich.

Kat was the first to recover “You’re their child and they sent you to that camp?”

“Yes, ma’am. They support it and hire the people to work there.” Brittney just watches Kat.

“Man, we might be in over our heads here. They have power and money. This is something the FBI or Homeland needs to know about.” Kat didn’t know what to do. She knows she now didn’t like the odds.

“Without any proof Kat, they can’t do anything to them. It’s just Brittney’s word against her parent’s church and the camp. If the inspections that have been done shows they have been doing everything they are supposed to do. They won’t be able to stop them and make matters worse for Brittney and those kids in there plus us.” Paul already knew this was going to be a bad job.

Kat had to think on this matter. Her and Paul weren’t law enforcement, so there were things they could get away with that law enforcement couldn’t.

“We could collect evidence and turn it over to my sister. She might know who to turn the evidence over to bring a judgement or something against them. While we are it, maybe blow-up a few of their building and such and rescue the kids?” Kat loved the idea of blowing up a few buildings.

“Let’s plan this out Kat.” Paul wanted to finish their meal and then go back home and talk more about this problem.

up
279 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Blow up the Camp

I see no problems with that plan, seems the sensible thing to do

Besides...

...it would let the "counsellors" at the camp off FAAAAAR too easy... >.>

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

that

sas a qucki. thank you

Interesting back story from

Interesting back story from Kat as to who and what she is and where she came from. Wonder if this other girl she knows of are related because of how the two of them may have been 'created'.
I'm thinking that Kat and Paul could 'borrow' Greggory Miller, one time when he away from the camp and have a talk with him to get some real answers from him about all his evil deeds , the camp, the other children there; and those of Brittney's parents.
You know, just a claw or two between "close friends" type of "talk." :)

Count to ten

Jamie Lee's picture

Oy! Brittney being the child of two well known church leaders, two faced bigots, who preach one thing but do another, muddies the water a bit.

Sending in the Feds won't accomplish anything since they'll hide any evidence of their true dealings. No, covert is the only way to get enough evidence to get all of them in front of a judge. Or not!

Others have feelings too.