Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

“Grandma, what was daddy like when he was younger?” Gina looks towards their grandmother as they sat outside enjoying the sunshine around the pool.

“Well, your father was a rough and tremble type of child. By the time he could walk, he could speak a few words and recognize letters. As he got older, he was a daddy’s boy, but love me a lot. He may had enjoy being with his father, but he hated being separated from me for a long period of time. He played peewee football and took gymnastics and tumbling. Your father was very athletic and could ride bareback by the time he was seven years old. He could already speak five languages by the time he was eight years old. When he was in school, we had to skip him ahead. He was too smart for his own good.” Cara thinks back on her son and realize he has always had a strong sense of justice and wanting to help people.

“He excelled in sports and worked part time with the local gunsmith, learning everything he could about guns. Your father has always known what he wanted to do with his life and dedicated himself to that goal.” Cara knew her son had always known what he wanted to do since he was little.

“Why do you ask Gina?”

“Well, we don’t know much about daddy and wanted to learn more. In a lot of ways, he’s still a mystery to us. We know he’ll do anything for us. Both me and Julia were happy that daddy saved us and took us in. We just want to know about our father. Like what is his favorite things? What was he like as a child? What is his favorite color and song?” Gina and Julia had talked about their father and wanted to do something special for him.

“Well, your father’s favorite color is navy blue, his favorite song is The Warrior by Scandal and he loves the Beetles. His favorite movie is the Dark Crystal and Casablanca. His favorite past time is riding horses and raising puppies. He loves camping and hunting. He loves old cars from the 60’s and the 70’s. He’s only been married once and his high school sweet heart lives in England. Also, I will tell you girls. You two are the most important people in his life now. Before his wife died, they had been talking about having children. You girls have given him a second chance to be a father. Never doubt that he doesn’t love you. He’ll turn heaven and earth upside down to protect you and find you if someone takes you. Your father protects his family. It means the most to him.”

Both girls look at their grandmother and move over to hug her. She had given them what they wanted to know about their father.

All three slide into the pool and enjoy splashing and chasing each other. Gina was getting use to the water if her sister or grandmother was with her. If she was by herself, she still had issues, but if she has a family member with her. She was alright.

Around four in the afternoon, Jack comes walking out on the deck.

“Daddy!” both girls climb out of the pool and rush towards him and hug Jack tightly.

“Well, what brought this on?” Jack hugs his girls back and wonder why they hugged him so tightly.

“I think your girls miss you Lad.” Seamus had one of Jack’s Irish beers in his hands.

He picks Gina up in his arm and held her to him. He wraps his other arm around Julia and held her tight against his body.

“Well, I could get use to this type of home coming.” He places a kiss on Gina’s cheeks and on Julia’s cheek.

Cara looks at her son with a silent look asking if his hunting was successful.

Jack nods his head yes to his mother’s unspoken question. He puts Gina back down on the deck and walks over to sit in his favorite chair on the deck.

Chaos comes walking into the backyard looking a little wet. He shakes and walks over and sits down next to Jack. Jack reaches down and pets him. He was proud of his partner. They did good work today. The next step is going to take a little longer and he’ll need to inform Selina, Seamus and his mother about what he was going to do next. He’ll need them to protect the girls while he is gone on business. He was considering having Debbie come over, but he knew she had a rodeo to compete in.

“So, have the girls been good?” Jack looks towards his mother.

“They have been angels, Jack. They have been entertaining me and showing off their skills in the water.” Cara looks lovely over at her grandchildren.

“Well, that is good news.” Jack looks at both his girls with a proud look on his face.

Selina comes walking outside with a huge tray in her arms “I thought we would cook outside tonight sir.”

“Sounds good to me. Uncle Seamus, do you want to do the honors tonight, or should I?” Jack knew his Uncle loved cooking on the grill.

“Jack my boy, I would be honor to cook for the ladies tonight.” Seamus stands up and walks over towards the grill. He tells Selina what other items he’ll need.

up
249 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I do love how you are

I do love how you are character building each person in the story so they are more well rounded as the person we are reading about.
Also very happy the two girls are getting to know their grandmother on a really personal basis rather than just over a computer screen; as well as being able to find out more about their Dad.

What's Up??

I think Jack's about to go on a little "business" trip to South America.. ?

alissa

Theme song to Dragnet

Jamie Lee's picture

Sanzo should be hearing the theme song to Dragnet about now. His hit team has made a big boo boo and paid the price--they took the contract on Jack.

Now hell on two legs has Sanzo's name circled and sighted for demise. He believes he'll take Jack with him if Jack comes for him, but he's never met a man like Jack. Or Chaos.

Wonder who Jack will send Sanzo's head to?

Others have feelings too.