The Life Of An Angel Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Carol was thinking about everything Angel had told her last night on the way to work. Angel had said she was going to file for custody for the girls. She also said she wanted her to be part of that life as well. The question was, was she ready to become a mother and a wife? She knew how Angel felt because of her background. Angel had told her about her past and that if it hadn’t been for D.A. and Angie. She would had died that day for sure.

The question was how did she feel about becoming a mother? She had never thought about starting a family, except having Angel as her wife. She had fallen for her the first time she saw her. She had seen Angel sitting behind the reception desk when she had applied for the position.
Carol had thought that Angel had been hired to fill the position, till Angel’s mother D.A. interviewed her.

Angel had escorted her to one of the conference rooms for the interview. She had been wearing a dress that matched her eyes and showed off the curves of her petite body. She had admired looking at Angel’s legs as they disappeared under her mid-thigh dress. The subtle scent of the perfume she had own that day was intoxicating. It was a floral scent that tickle your nose and played with your senses.

Carol shakes her head to keep herself from getting sidetrack. She pulls into her usual parking spot and heads into the office.

“Morning Carol.” D.A. was standing there in the reception area with a cup of coffee.

“Good Morning Mrs. Swan.” Carol hadn’t expected her boss to be waiting for her.

“Carol, after you get settle in. Could you come to my office please?” D.A. just wanted to talk with Carol to see how she felt about what her daughter wanted to do and to also see if Carol wanted to be part of it? She knew how Carol felt about Angel. She had notice how she looked at her daughter whenever she was around.

“Yes, ma’am.” Carol watches as D.A. walks back towards her office.

Carol hopes this doesn’t put her job in jeopardy. She knew how protective Mrs. Swan was towards her daughter. She had heard stories of how she had threatened the private school when they denied her a locker in the girl’s locker room. She had also threatened to sue the teacher that had a problem with transgender people. D.A. had worked with the school council to work out how other transgender students and teachers could get the same protection as her daughter.

When one of the local church organizations tried to boycott and block her daughter and other transgender people from taking part in sports and going to public bathrooms that they identified with. D.A got her motorcycle club to provide protection and escorted them. Sure, some of the ladies in the motorcycle club didn’t agree, but they knew that they had to stand as united.

D.A. had allowed transgender women to join her motorcycle club as well. If any of the women needed help with how they should act or their make-up. Brenda, Rachel and some of the other women would help them out.

The question now is, how does D.A feel about her relationship to her daughter and how does she personally feel about helping Angel raise the girls and becoming a partner to Angel?

Once Carol is settle and has gotten her morning routine completed. She gets one of their interns to manage the desk as she walks back towards D.A.’s office.

When Carol arrives, she notices her office door was closed. So, she knocks genteelly on the door.

“Enter.”

Carol walks in and notice Mrs. Swan was just sitting behind her desk drinking her coffee.

“Please close the door behind you Carol and have a seat. I would like to talk to you in private.” D.A had made time to talk with Carol. She wanted to know where she stood with Angel’s plan to involve her in her life and those of the girls she had found and planning on adopting.

Carol closes the door behind her and sits down in the opposite chair Angel normally sat in when she visited her mother.

“Have I done something wrong, Mrs. Swan?” Carol hopes seeing Angel hasn’t caused her to lose her job.

“No Carol, you haven’t. If nothing else your performance around here has been exemplary. No, the reason I want to talk to you. Is I wanting to know how you feel about Angel and her plans to adopt the twins?” D.A. sits back in her chair.

“To be honest on that Mrs. Swan. I think what Angel is planning on is a good thing for the girls. If you had seen the girls when she found them. I know you would had wanted their mother’s blood. I know how you and your partner feel about parents abusing their children.” Carol knew that both Debbie and Angie took a hard stance on abuse. After what Angel went through and then Lisa being abandon by her birth mother.

“But how do you feel about her involving you in her life. I know how you feel about my daughter and I know she wants you to be part of her life and that of the girls.” D.A. had talked with Angie earlier and decided that she should talk with Carol to see how she felt.

“I don’t know Mrs. Swan.”

“Call me Debbie or D.A. please.” Debbie didn’t mind Carol calling her that while they were talking.

“Very well, I know I love your daughter very much. She’s someone I have been looking for a long time. She’s sweet, innocent, funny and caring. She’s got the most amazing emerald green eyes I have ever seen.” Carol loved everything about Angel. Her short petite size, her loving heart and the fact that Angel was transgender didn’t bother her. She had dated men when she was younger and never felt anything for them. They didn’t do anything for her. One did manage to get her pregnant, but she had a miscarriage. At the time, she felt she was ready to be a mother. She knew she was five years older than Angel, but that wasn’t a problem.

“But you don’t think you’re ready to become a mother as well? You wouldn’t mind being married to her, but having children thrown in at the same time scares you?” D.A sort of knew how Carol felt. When they rescued Angel, she didn’t think she was ready to be a mother either. She knew Angie had wanted to adopt a child because she couldn’t have her own. At the time, child services weren’t going to approve them to be foster parents. However, when Angel dropped into their path and the poor girl clung to her when they were asleep. Things changed for her right then and there. She knew she had to protect that child.

“Let me tell you a story Carol. When we first found Angel on the road in front us. I didn’t think I would want children either. I’ve never been the motherly type. My sisters and brothers have children of their own and I enjoyed being the cool neat spoiling aunt. It wasn’t till that night when Angel woke-up from a nightmare and clung to me crying that I knew right then and there that I wanted to be her mother and protect her from her father. She had suffered a lot from him and lost her mother because of him. I even shot him in self-defense when he tried to kill his own child. That was how much Angel changed my life. Now, your situation is a little different and I think you and Angel should talk to each other about it, but I want you to know this. Angel has fallen for those girls and she will go ahead and do whatever she can for them.” D.A. knew Angel had made an appointment for the girls today with Helena.

“I know. We were going to meet tonight and talk about the situation.” Carol and Angel had made plans to go out tonight to talk about what she wanted to do.

“Good, it will give me and Angie a chance to bond with the twins.” D.A. didn’t mind being a grandmother and she knew Angie didn’t either.

“Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?” Carol hopes it was.

“Yes, and don’t worry about your job either. I don’t fire people who break my little girls heart. I only fire them if they screw up.” Debbie had a mischievous smile on her face.

Carol just shakes her head and leaves D.A.’s office.

up
220 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Carol's Feelings Are Understandable

jengrl's picture

I think anyone would be scared about suddenly being a mother like D.A and Angie were with Angel. I think that it's a fear of doing things wrong and screwing their lives up . That's pretty common with parents expecting their first baby , too . Sammy and Tammy have already been through so much in their young lives . I know that in a perfect world, there would be time to grow as a couple before children come into the picture, but life has a way of happening while you're busy making plans . I think that the more she bonds with the girls , the more she will come to a point where she would move mountains and walk through fire for those precious children and her love for Angel will grow even stronger ! I am so looking forward to seeing more of this wonderful story . I have been like a kid on Christmas morning , just waiting for this chapter !

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Because of the circumstances of my childhood.....

D. Eden's picture

I was never around young children. I was the youngest child in my family, and also the only boy in my generation. I was never exposed to younger siblings, and as the only boy I was quickly pulled away from the other children by my father and his brother and cousins; pulled away and indoctrinated into the families beliefs and told my place as the head of family for my generation.

As old southern gentry, my family lived by the old cavalier tradition where duty, honor, and family are everything as a man. It was my place to live by those beliefs, and to protect the family and all those who depended on us.

I was never ready to be a parent - right up until the first time I held my oldest son. My wife gave birth by emergency c-section, and as such she was given a general anesthetic. This meant that I was the first in the family to hold my son, and I was the first to ever feed him. Within minutes of his birth, I was seated in a rocking chair in the nursery holding my son and feeding him.

From that moment on, I knew that I would do anything to keep my child safe. That I would kill to protect him and the rest of my family - and in all honesty, I knew I was good at doing just that.

Something inside me bonded with him the first time I looked into his eyes, and I will never forget that feeling - for any of my children.

D

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Bonding with your child

I personally know the feeling of instant bonding with your children. When I saw my oldest daughter for the first time, I knew instantly that she was born from my heart. And that I would do everything I could to expedite her adoption and protect her with everything I had. And when my youngest daughter was born, I was right there in the surgery. Back in the room, I held her and had her suckle my thumb to maintain her suckling reflex for more than five hours until my (now ex) wife was ready to try breast feeding.

It broke my heart, that my first daughter (aged between the other two) died right after the emergency c-section after complications and medical negligence after being over-term. Since I had really bonded with her during the pregnancy.

The day after my eldest turned 18 (the age of adulthood in my jurisdiction), she told me as she moved out: "You are not my father! You never were my father! And I don't want any more contact with you!" Talk about stabbing the heart. Now five years later, she still maintains that attitude. That was two years after her sister was kidnapped by my ex after a judicial visitation, denying me any and all contact with my daughter.

Almost nine months later I was able to recover my youngest when the police arrested my ex for contempt of court. But the damage was done after three years of brainwashing. And half a year later, my ex again kidnapped her, managing in the process to get a restraining order against me by forcing my then 14 year old daughter to accuse me of sexual abuse. Though the district attorney, after a little over a year, had the case thrown out as a false accusation. But the case file for the restraining order has been hidden from me ever since, so have been unable to have that lifted.

After fight for the custody of my daughters for over eight years, I was finally forced to give up, when my only recourse was an appeal to the supreme court. But many judicial functionaries (judges, clerks and public defenders) told me about pressure they received from various members of the supreme court to find against me, even though the law was completely on my side, and my conduct to date had indicated to them that I was the better parent for custody. Corruption at the very top!

Since my youngest reached adulthood this last November, she was finally able to visit her grandmother (my mother) over the holidays. My mother tried mediating a reconciliation between us. But because of the years of brainwashing by her "mother" and the meddling of several religiously bigoted relatives of mine, my daughter is so psychologically traumatized that she still maintains that my gender issues are sexual abuse towards her.

Thankfully my counselor was able to help me avoid sliding back into a deep depression. I have to live with the consequences of these false accusations, and I am trying to make the best of a bad situation. But my daughters, both now adults, will also have to accept and live with the consequences of their attitudes and actions, even though they still have not grasped the extent of them.

Jessica