The Life Of An Angel Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Angel had gotten the girls up and dressed. Tammy and Sammy were getting use to her and loved that they weren’t going hungry and had someone that looked after them. They both hugged her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. Angels felt warm and fuzzy when the girls did this to her. She wonders if her mother’s felt this way when she did something similar?

Angel had escorted the girl’s downstairs to the dining room and fixed Mickey mouse ears style pancakes for them. Her Mother Angie was letting her borrow her pick-up truck today. Angel knew sooner or later she was going to have to buy a car for herself now that she has the girls.

“Okay, munchkin brigade. Let’s go do some shopping.” Angel escorts the girls out to her mother’s pick-up truck and secure them. She slides behind the driver wheel and drive the girls to the nearest Walmart to buy them some clothes. The girls were wearing some of Lisa’s cast off when she was about their age.

“Okay girls. Let’s go inside and get you some new clothes, shoes and toys.” Angel lets the girl ride in the shopping cart as she heads towards the little girl’s section. She lets the girls pick out outfits with they with her help. While they do that, she picks out some outfits for them she knows they are going to need.

By the time, Angel and the girls leave Walmart, she has spent over a thousand dollars buying clothes and shoes. She also brought toys and games for them. She made sure the girls had things they needed and some items they wanted. Angel takes them to lunch at McDonalds and finally Angel takes them to their appointment with Helena.

“Okay girls. Helena is a good friend of mine and our family doctor. She’s going to check you and afterwards, if you’re real nice and behaved. She will give you a lollipop.” Angel tickles both girls as they go inside to see Helena.

The nurse behind the desk hands Angel a clipboard to fill out. Angel follows the girls, while she fills out the forms for the girls. The nurse takes their blood pressure, height, weight and some blood. She has the girls change out of their clothes, which Angel helps. She gives them little gowns to wear with butterflies.

“Angel, it’s good to see you again.” Helena hugs Angel. She had watched this precious girl they found emerge from her cocoon to the beautiful young lady she is today.

“It’s good to see you again as well Helena. I’ve missed you a lot. How is your wife? Did you end up marrying that doctor you sent me to?” Angel knew that Helena and the Doctor she was seeing had been seeing each other.

“Unfortunately, no. She preferred someone different. However, do you remember April?” Helena had fallen for a much younger person.

“Yes, ma’am. She was made a full fledge member when we went to Sturgis. I thought she was straight?” Angel thought she had been.

“Yes and no. At the time she didn’t realized it, but afterwards things started changing for her. We started off as friends and ended up getting married at the courthouse. Neither one of us wanted a big wedding. Both your mothers were there. But enough on me. Who are these two adorable little angels?” Helena kneels to look at the girls.

“This one is Tammy and this one is her twin sister Sammy.” Angel had rested her hand on the shoulder of each girl.

“Well they are very cute. Let’s see how they are.” Helena gets both girls up on the examination table.

Angel watches as Helena examines both girls. So far nothing unusual has appeared, except each girl is underweight and a little malnourish. Unlike Angel when they found her.

“Well, other than being a little malnourished and underweight. The girls seem to be fine. They may need glasses Angel. So, you’ll need to take them by an optometrist have their eyes check out. I know a good doctor that is just down the street from my office. He’s good with children and reasonable.” Helena has sent plenty of people to him.

“I’ll do that Helena. Okay girls. Let’s get you dress and then go and have some ice cream.” Angels helps the girl get redress. She notices Helena writing things down in the girl’s folder.

Once the girls are dressed. Helena gives each girl a lollipop.

“There you go sweeties.”

“Thank you.” Both Tammy and Sammy smile at Helena.

“You’re welcome sweeties.” Helena just smiles at the girls.

Angel looks at the girl “well it looks like you girls are going to outlive me.”

“I think they will. As well.” Helena looks at both girls and smiles.

“Why don’t you bring them back in a few months so I can see how they are developing?”

“I will. It will give the girls time to get their weight up and develop some.” Angel knew that with her and her mothers. They will be up to weight soon.

“Alright girls. Let’s go and get that ice cream.” Angel escorts the girls out of Helena’s office. Across the street from Helena’s office was an old fashion malt shop that had opened the last time she came home for vocation when she was still in the service. Angel takes the girls to the malt shop and buy them an ice cream cone.

Angel looks around the shop and liked what she was seeing. She was going to have to spend more time up here. It was a nice shop and had a lot of antiques from the period when malt shops were popular. She liked the mini juke boxes at each booth and the main juke box against the wall. Whoever design this place had put a lot of thought into it. Even the servers behind the counter was wearing the right type of uniform for the period.

When the girls were done with their cones. Her and the girls head back to her mother’s pick-up truck and head to pic-up Lisa from school.
Lisa notices her mother’s pick-up heading towards her. Her older sister was behind the wheel and notice the twins sitting next to her. Her sister pulls up next to the curb. She opens the door and watch as Tammy stands up so she could sit on Lisa’s lap.

“Hey sis.” Lisa sits down and closes the truck door behind her.

“Hey back sis. How was school today?” Once Lisa and Tammy were settle Angel drives away and towards the motorcycle shop.

“It was okay. I got an A on my Math and English test. All the extra studying mom has been making me do is paying off.” Lisa at first didn’t like the fact her mothers were making her study longer, but now she was glad they did.

“There’s always a reason to our mother’s plans. We may not see it right away, but it’s there.” Angel was being careful since Tammy wasn’t buckled in.

“I know sis, but when is mom going to let me hangout with my friends again?” Lisa wraps her arms around Tammy to hold her still.

“When you improve your grades and it shows on your next report card.” Angel has been down this road when she had been younger.

Sammy and Tammy were listening to Angel and her little sister. They were starting to enjoy the woman that has been feeding them and buying nice clothes and toys for them. Both liked Angel’s crystal Angel necklace and wished they had one like it.

Lisa notice the girls looking at Angel’s necklace.

“I think two someone’s have fallen for your necklace sis.” Lisa tickles Tammy’s side.

Angel glances towards the girls “well, I’m going to have to see if I can find necklaces for them that are like mine.”

Angel reaches down and tickles Sammy while her sister was being tickled by Lisa.

“Both girls were squealing and giggling.” When they reached the motorcycle shop.

Angel parks the truck and turns the engine off “okay girls. Let’s go inside and see your grandma.”

Lisa helps Tammy out of the truck and Sammy gets out with Angels help. Lisa grabs her book bag and head inside with Tammy holding her hand. Both girls are amazed at all the motorcycles inside the shop along with the clothing and accessories surrounding them.
Lisa guides Tammy, Angel and Sammy over towards the parts counter where she normally sat and did her homework.

“Girls, it’s good to see you. Especially you little angels.” Angie comes walking over and gives her daughters hugs and then kneels to give both Sammy and Tammy hugs as well.

Both her daughters hug her back as does Tammy and Sammy.

Angie looks at her youngest daughter “so how did you do on your test?”

“I got A’s mom.” Lisa puts her backpack down and grabs her test papers to show her mother.

“Very good. See what hard work and dedication does?” Angie was very happy about her daughter’s grades.

“Yes ma’am.” Lisa knew if she keeps this up, her mother might let her hang with her friends.

Angel and the girls stay for a while and then head home. She was going out to dinner with Carol tonight and they were going to talk about things.

up
214 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm just hoping that nothing,

I'm just hoping that nothing, say like the twins birth mother showing up and start to cause problems. I do believe that Angel has found herself a ready made little family of lovely girls.

I am surprised at this point

WillowD's picture

I am surprised at this point that the story makes no mention of looking for or having found the mother. Is she dead? Did she leave town and abandon the kids? Is she in the hospital in a coma?

Missing mother

She's been missing for two days now. Also, in the upcoming Chapters she's bring a law suit against Angel because Angel wants to adopt the girls.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison