Never Pull on the tail of a Wolf (revised) Chapter 17

Printer-friendly version

Jack paces himself as he jogs around the boundary of his property. Debbie was still in bed sound asleep and the girls wouldn’t be up for another hour to get ready for school. Chaos was running next to him. It felt nice to be out running in the morning air. Chaos stops and starts growling as a female figure comes walking out of the woods. She was oriental and had shoulder length black hair. She was wearing a form fitting body suit.

“Cheshire, you should know better than to try and sneak up on me or Chaos.” Jack had his gun in his left hand hidden against his left leg.

“Good morning to you too, Jack. I wasn’t trying to sneak-up on you. I know you don’t like visitors. As for Chaos, that wolf of yours doesn’t scare me. I’ve seen bigger animals.” She had a playful smile on her face.

“What brings you to my property?” Jack had already put his gun away. Cheshire was a friend he trusted.

“I’ve been asked to deliver a message by the agency. Stay out of South America for a while. You’re making enemies at the agency interfering into their business. I know all about what happened and I would have done the same thing. Just know, they want you to stay out so they can play their CIA games. You have the cartels down there thinking you are coming for them all and its making the ones that are working for the
CIA nervous.” Cheshire knew Jack didn’t give a rat’s ass about the agency, but she didn’t want to see them coming after her friend.

“I’ll stay out for now. However, should any of them get the idea of coming after me or my family again. I’ll start eliminating every cartel leader and group down there till either I’m dead or they are dead. That includes the ones working for the agency.” Jack hated the CIA as much as he hated the cartels.

“I’ll pass the word along my friend. Oh, congratulations. I heard you got married and adopted two girls. Are they going to follow in your footsteps?”

“Thanks. God, I hope they don’t. I want them to live long enough to see their great grandchildren. What we do will either kill us or drive us insane with all the shit we do. What happened with you getting out of the game?” Jack knew Cheshire had retired to her place in Hawaii.

“I am retried. The agency asked me to come and talk with you since they know how deep our friendship goes. I told them that the next time they disturb me. I’m going to place a nuke up their ass. I’m tired of killing people and solving their fucked up problems. I just want to enjoy life for once and keep what sanity I still possess.”

Cheshire was tired of the killing and close calls. She trained to many other agents and most of the ones she trained were either dead or insane from the crap the agency put them through. Jack may have been trained by MI6, but the two them were close friends and trained a few agents together. Bart Hardy was another progeny of theirs that only her and Jack could take down if he ever turned. So far everything she has been hearing about him, he was becoming more like Jack. He was getting sick of the game and was looking forward to retiring.

Bart had a new wife who she had checked out that was a medical doctor for a prestige’s hospital. He was ready to retire from the spy and assassination game and settle down with his new wife. He already put her in jeopardy once and barely escaped from that situation.

“Let me know if they keep trying to pressure you again to do their dirty work. I have a nuke I can loan you.” Jack had the materials to build one, but kept all materials to do it separated at different storage drop places.

“I thought you said that material sunk into the ocean.” Cheshire just looks at Jack trying to see if he was going to lie to her again.

“I never said anything. You assumed that I let it go down with the ship. I kept it and have it hidden in a safe place if I ever need it for something.
I won’t use it, but I’m sure as hell am not going to let the agency get their hands on it or my government either.”

Cheshire just smiles “look next time your in Hawaii. Bring your wife and kids by my place. I’ll like to meet them.”

She looks down at Chaos “as for you. I’ll let you and Khan decide which one of you is the nightmare and which one is the beast.”

“You still got that old Bengal Tiger.” Jack thought he had died off.

“Nay, this is Khan the third. He’s a Liger and one of Khan’s offspring. He is bigger than what his father was. Him and Chaos would have fun wrestling with each other.” She knew how big and mean Chaos was.

“Next time I come to Hawaii I'll bring the kids and my wife.”

“Well, I’ll see you my friend and remember to stay out of South America.” Cheshire walks back into the woods and basically disappear.

“Come on Chaos. Let’s finish our run.” Jack starts running again.

He heads back towards the house and takes a shower and throw on some clothes so he can take the girls to school this morning. Debbie was having a hard time with the pregnancy and he was doing what he could to help her. She had serious morning sickness and afternoon sickness. His mother had said she went through the same thing carrying him and once it was over she had strange and weird cravings.

The girls were doing their share of helping Debbie with anything she needed. They were excited that she was pregnant. They couldn’t wait to see if she was going to have a boy and or a girl. Jack was planning on having an addition added to the house. So he still had the spare bedrooms and maybe a place for Debbie’s trophies she had won to display.

He’s been letting the girls decide if they wanted a pack lunch or buy their lunch at school. Most of the time they took their lunch, but a few times they brought school lunch.

“Morning girls. Do want a packed lunch or are you buying your lunch today?” Jack looks at his girls.

“We’ll take a packed lunch today daddy.” They go over and start putting their lunches together. He steps back and just watches as they work.
Once they had their lunch and breakfast they head out of the house and towards school.


Stories continue in Gina's and Julia's First week of school

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yikes

Your own portable nuke, just what every ex-spook needs. lol =]

I'm hoping the Cartels leave him alone, there's parts of South America that I like, would be nice to visit them again, but if they're glowing that won't work too well for me.

Sara

Huh?

Jamie Lee's picture

Instead of giving Jack a pat on the back for taking out a piece of trash, he gets scolded for playing in someone's sand box. Seems rather stupid not to take out all the trash, rather than share a bed. But what alphabet agency ever did anything smart?

Others have feelings too.