WildFire Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Sasha paces back and forth as she waited for her mother to get done talking with the doctor that had examine the little girl she had rescued. All the children that had been freed by her, Dusk and Jack were being seen or treated by the doctors that her aunt had sent. Siren had taken Rose back to her place for the night. Her adopted sister Janius had come with their mother to handle the legal problems that she knew were going to pop-up especially with the City Council member she had seriously injured. She had wanted him to die, but he didn’t.

The men she had knocked out didn’t want to cooperate with the police. So, her Aunt sent one of her people in and he was getting everything all of them knew. The person she set in didn’t play games and told them up front they weren’t get out of jail or plea deals. When they told, him they didn’t fear him, but their employer more. He said one name in a strange language and they had turned white from just him mentioning that name. After that, they talked and answer all his question. She had asked her mom what he said and she said she didn’t want to know. She had a sad look on her face when she answered her.

Dusk was nervous as well about her boy. His parents had sold him to the human traffickers to pay off their debt to them. The boy was from Austria and the girl was born in England her father had given her to them because they cleared his gambling debts. The two India girls in the group of girls had been passed from one human trafficking groups to another. They were given as payments to the Russian group. The rest of the girls had been tricked or taken against their will.

They knew where other children and women had been taken and describe it to the police. Sasha’s aunt said she would handle the problem and called in several of her people to go and secure those children and women. She told her people to send a message to the human traffickers and their backers that their time was coming to an end.

“You know sis, if you don’t stop pacing back and forth. You will wear a run into the floor.” Janius had watched her little sister pace back and forth like a caged animal. She knew her sister was worried about the girl she had rescued. Their parents were talking with their aunt and the head of the security force sent to protect the girls. They were going to fly the girls to the California property her aunt owns and let them recover there and either find their birth parents or find trusting parents for them.

There was one T-boy among the girls and she had been raped the most because the traffickers were trying to get her to accept the fact she was girl, not a boy. His parents had thrown him out of the house when they found out that he wanted to be himself instead of a girl. That’s how they got him and the traffickers had passed him around as a freebee. They were afraid that he may have HIV. He might be adopted by Sasha’s parents since her mother is a license doctor.

Sasha sat down next to her sister and leaned against her and fell asleep.

“Sasha, wake-up pumpkin.”

Leland had finish talking with his sister-in-law and his wife. He had come out of the room they had been talking in to get his daughter. Because the little girl was asking for her. He saw his youngest leaning against her sister sound asleep.

Sasha looks up at her father with blurry eyes.

“You look tired pumpkin.” He had a smile on his face.

“Sorry daddy. Sorry Janius for fallen asleep against you.”

“It’s okay sis. You were tired and I didn’t mind.” Janius hugs her little sister.

Sasha gets up and follows her father into the room where the little girl she had rescued was.

“Hey sweetie. Have they been nice to you?” Sasha could see shad a lollipop in her mouth.

The girl just hugs her and cries.

“Sshhh, everything going to be okay.” Sasha rubs her back to calm her down.

Sasha mother Janet was standing to one side and watching as her youngest held onto the little girl.

“When do we get to meet our other granddaughter?” Janet had a smile on her face.

“Soon mom. I promise. You and dad will meet her. She’s with Siren right now. There’s a guy after her.”

Sasha was stopped by her mother holding up her hand.

“We know sweetie and you need to back off from this guy. He got connections with the CIA and Homeland security. He’s even got a couple of congressmen and judges in his back pocket. He is well connected and anything you could possibly get him on he will have thrown out or escape from it.”

Janet hated saying that to her daughter, but she was protected of her children and she didn’t want to see her youngest get hurt by this guy.

“I’m not backing off mom. That jerk is the reason we found out about these girls. He wanted Rose taken to that same house and he had planned on selling her to a pervert as his personal sex toy for $70,000 dollars. I’m not backing off. I’m going to fry his ass like I did that council member.” Sasha holds the little girl close to her.

Janet could see that her daughter meant every word she said.

Leland had a smile on his face.

“Do you know who you sound like right now, Sasha?” Leland looks at his daughter.

“I know, she sounds like me when I was hunting scum bags down like she is doing now.” Janet didn’t want to see her youngest hurt. She’s got two babies now to think of.

Janet walks over and put her arm arounds Sasha and the little girl “just be careful sweet heart. You have this young lady to think of and Rose as well. Jack told me what you were planning on so she could join the band.”

“Besides sis, I’m too young to be a mother. Do you really want me to raise this one and Rose?” Janius had come over and lifted the little girl out of Sasha’s arms.

“I don’t know, it could be our oldest brother.” Sasha smiles when she thinks about her sister’s twin. He was a lot like their father.

“Right. He’s as bad as dad here.”

“Hey, I think I did pretty good raising three girls.” He looks at Janius. She took after him in personality, but had her mothers and aunts looks.

“What is going to happen to that one t-boy among the girls?”

“You mean your new brother?” Janet had been quiet watching her husband and daughters.

“You’re going to adopt him mom?”

“Yep, he tested positive for HIV. It was done on purpose from what I found out from your aunt. So, all the men that raped her have been infected. The rest of the girls are okay. Some have some minor STD’s that we can cure, but it’s going to take time. Let’s go ahead and get some food and sleep.”

Janius looks at the little girl in her arms “now I get someone to spoil and give back.”

Janius tickles the little girl and carries her out to the suv her family came in from the airport. They all load in an head towards the hotel they were staying at while in town.

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Drums of war

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting fingers pointed back to Adam has a pissed off Sasha smoldering. Connected or not, likely through blackmail, Adam's days are numbered.

Others have feelings too.

Adam

Can't kill him off like Sasha would like to do, because he is the bad guy to the sequel. The next trilling novel of What You Can't See, Can Hurt You.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison