Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

It’s was raining the next day when Yasmin got up early. Normally, she didn’t get out of bed till eight thirty, but this morning she woke-up at six o’clock. Yasmin heads to the bathroom to do her morning business, which is a different routine for her now. Like the fact that
She needs to sit down to relieve herself, instead of trying to aim half asleep with a major stiffy. Once she was done doing her morning business, she heads downstairs. Her mother and father were in there already drinking their morning coffee. She walks over and give each of them a good morning hug, before taking a seat and resting her head on the table. Her curly red hair covered her head like a mop. Her mother gets up and walks over to the refrigerator and pours a tall glass of milk and brings it over to her.

“Here you go sweetie.” Lydia places the glass of milk near her.

Yasmin lifts her head up off the table and reach for it. She takes a couple of sips of it and set it back down on the table. Now she was brought up on milk that you brought in the store. The milk they drunk at the house is raw milk that has come directly from the cow itself. The taste and texture is totally different. They only have a few cows and they keep their stalls and everything totally clean, so the milk is safe to drink directly from them.

“I put your rain boots outside on the porch by the door, Yasmin. Your rain jacket is hanging up in the closet.” Lydia looks at her poor baby who was barely awake right now.

“Thanks mom.” Yasmin looks at her mother and take another sip of her milk.

Afterwards she gets up and walk over towards the refrigerator and grab the milk again and get a bowl and her favorite cereal down out of the cabinets and head back over towards her seat and fix herself a bowl of cereal.

“Do you think those men are going to come back again?” Yasmin looks at her parents to see which one of them was going to answer my question.

“I doubt it sweetie. They know their cover was blown yesterday when you blew their rear axle off. Since they didn’t see you, it’s a good chance that they will think we are aware of them. I’m just curious why they have taken an interest in our coven. We have always been low key about our activities.” Lydia takes a sip of her coffee while she thinks about what she just said.

“Could it be because of me?” Yasmin looks at her mother when she says that.

“I don’t know why. You look and act like any normal ten-year-old girl, even if your fifteen years old. The only thing that is different about you is your hair color, but that could be just hair dye. I’ve seen some teenage girls do that to their hair. I don’t think it’s you, sweetie. There has to be another reason why they are watching us.” Lydia takes another sip of her coffee.

Ryder has been thinking the same thing. Why have they taken a special interest in their coven?

“Could it be because of what that one guy, said about one of their agents defecting too our side? Maybe they think we might act against them because of the information that agent gave the group it defected too?” She was thinking this was starting to sound more and more like a spy movie.

“That could be a possibility. However, we don’t know anything about an agent going over to the other side. Did they mention any names or anything about this agent when you listen into their conversation yesterday?” Ryder looks towards me.

Yasmin look towards her father when he asks her “no sir. They just said it was out west and that they were a member of the HSL group out there.”

“I’ll contact the heads of the different supernatural’s groups in the area and see if they might know. If the Hunter organization or HSL organization is getting ready to take any sort of action against us, then we need to know why, besides the standard prejudices stance they normally take.” Ryder finishes his coffee up and looks at his wife.

“Do you want me to ask Larry and Carol to come out to the shop with you today?” Ryder was worried that the Hunter’s might attack his wife.

“I called Carol last night before I came home to see if she would like to work today. She’ll be up there with me. I’ll tell her what is going on and we’ll play it by ear.” Lydia leans in and places a kiss on her husband cheek.

Yasmin sits there and just watch her new parents. Her old parents never showed this type of affection towards each other much.

“So? Does this mean I’m forgiven for what I did yesterday?” Yasmin looks at both her parents hoping they will forgive her.

“Yes and no young lady. I want you to spend a few extra hours for the rest of the week working on control. If your magics are like what you told us when you first arrived, then that would mean they are tied to your emotions and since you are having your monthly cycle. You’ll need to learn how to have better control when your emotions are at the extreme like they are right now.” Lydia just smiles at her adopted daughter.

“Now I understand how Piper Halliwell felt on Charmed.” Yasmin leans her head back and then look towards her parents.

“You’re the one who model your abilities after a television show and the other witchy movies you like so much.” Lydia gives her a teasing smile.

“I didn’t know any better mom. I didn’t think any of this was real. I always thought it was fiction, like superheroes and such.” She didn’t know any more.

Lydia smiles at her adopted daughter “well now you know better. At least the spirit had the knowledge to send you to us to get trained properly.
I also think at the same time, it was answering a prayer for us at the same time, by sending us a child that we can be parents too. Because from what you told us of your former life, you needed parents that loved you and wanted you.” Lydia gets up and walks around the table towards her adopted daughter.

Yasmin wipes a tear that was starting to slide down from her eyes when she says that. It was true. She wanted a true family. One that care about her and would love her, not one that thought she was a pet or a burden to them.

Lydia wraps her loving arms around her and pulls her close to her body.

“You’ll always know love in this house and with us sweetie, I promise that.” She places a kiss on Yasmin’s cheek and just holds her.

Yasmin leans her head against my mother’s shoulder and wipe away a tear that had started to slide down her cheek.

“Alright, now finish your breakfast and start on your morning chores.” Lydia ruffles her daughter’s hair and head to where her coffee was.

Yasmin just smiles and finish up her breakfast. Afterwards she heads back upstairs and put on her work clothes and grab her rain jacket and put her rain boots on and tend to the animals. She’s lucky she gets to work in the barn. It is pouring outside right now. It’s like someone turn on a faucet and left it running. It doesn’t take her long to clean the stalls or put fresh hay in them, after checking them to make sure there were no worms or mold.

Yasmin stands at the door opening and look out into the pasture and watch as the rain continues to pour down from the clouds. Wondering if the choice she has made was the right one.

Yasmin knew there was no going back. That necklace she brought was nowhere in her clothes and such. Even her own silver Phoenix necklace was enchanted with magic for her. She had examined the back of the necklace to see if that same writing was there, but it wasn’t. Her necklace looked like it had been made by a master jewelry maker. The design was in an old-world style design, nothing modern about it. It was made of pure silver and had deep ruby red eyes. She normally doesn’t wear it every day, because it tends to get in the way at times, but she does wear it.

Yasmin stands there and just watch the rain as it comes down. She could see all the way down the long drive way that lead to the road. If a sniper set his equipment up, that would be the perfect place. There were trees in the way on either side of the property that didn’t give you a clear shot to the house, but the drive way gave you one. You could hit someone like her standing in the open doorway or someone going up the front steps. Once they were on the porch, they were protected by the magical wards the house had on it.

That was why the coven members when she first arrived stayed on the porch at first. They knew they were protected and she couldn’t have hurt them. Yasmin skipped back to the back steps and stay outside on the pouch. The rain felt nice and the porch was one of those wrap around types. It even had a swing that you could just sit and watch the rain as it came down. She sits down on the swing and close her eyes and extend her senses outwards away from her. She could feel the magic that the coven used to cleanse and protect these grounds and the house. Also, there was something else, just at the boundary of the property. Something didn’t feel right. She forms a red small bird in her hands and then guide it towards the boundary of the property.

It was weird looking through something else’s eyes, but it allowed her to extend her range. She watches as the bird banks and soar, which is unusual for a bird to do while in a down pour. Something wasn’t making sense out here. She causes the bird to fly a couple more miles away from the property and spot what she was looking for. It was another black van monitoring them again. Yasmin have the bird land on top of the van and listen in on what was being said inside the van.

“The rain is making it difficult to monitor their conversation. We’re getting to much background noise. The girl looks to be just sitting on the porch meditating.”

“What do you mean just meditating?”

“She’s just sitting on the swing with her eyes close cross legged and looking towards the pasture. There was a red glow in her hands earlier, but it’s not there now.”

“We need to get out of here. She’s sent a scout out to look for us.”

“How would she know we are out here, Smith?”

“You’re new, aren’t you?”

“Yes, why?”

“She’s a witch in training, stupid. It’s the first thing they learn how to do, besides summoning a familiar to them.”

“We don’t know that. She hasn’t demonstrated any magical powers.”

This was a voice Yasmin hasn’t heard before talking now. The others seem to know more about her or what was going on.

“If she is seeking this coven out for training, then that means she has magical abilities.”

“We don’t know that. She could be like that blind girl that is the daughter of the group leader of our southern branch.”

“She’s not. Plus, there’s no record of her anywhere. We haven’t been able to dig anything up on a girl like her. You would think that someone with bright blood red hair would stand out. That hair color isn’t humanly possible.”

“Maybe she’s a half-breed? Part Fae and part human, we know children of Fae blood lines can have unusual hair color and eye color.”

“True, but normally there would be some sign of her Fae parent. This girl isn’t showing any.”

“It doesn’t matter, we’re leaving now.”

Yasmin watches as the van drives off away from the property. She summons her little scout to her and open her eyes once it lands on her lap.

“Now I wonder who they were referring to when they were talking about me?” Now Yasmin’s curiosity was up. She’ll have to ask her parents about what she just heard.

up
253 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Please keep the chapter

COMING,I am really enjoying this story,She will see the guardian spirit again when it is needed.

Familiar

Oh most witches get cats or owls or such, bet hers is a dragon; one can hope :)