Abandoned Child Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

Charles had gotten the information from his contact at the police station. Once Charles heard the name, he knew who he was, he was a friend of his sister-in-law and now he knew why he was here. His son must have found the letter his sister-in-law sent agreeing to be his godmother. If that were the case, it would mean his son knew where the micro-SD card was. If he was here then it meant his sister-in-law was on her way, they needed to find him quickly.

Charles pulls his cell phone out of his pocket “Jordan, I need you to get four other people we can trust and meet me at the clubhouse.”

“You do know the weather is bad outside Charles.”

“I know, but this is club business and it needs to be taken care of straight away.”

“Alright, I’ll get four brothers I can trust and meet you within the hour.”

“Thanks” he hangs up and goes out to his motorcycle.

Before he rides to the clubhouse, he starts looking around on his own, he starts with the hotels near his home, since he knew Jessie would be walking. After driving through the parking lots of several hotels, he spots the truck he saw last night at the park and there was another one parked next to it with Texas license plates.

“Shit” It had to belong to his sister-in-law, he leaves by the rear entrance. They were going to have to strike them before they left or while on the road.

Jessie heard voices and slowly opened his eyes to see who it was, the woman sitting next to him, he recognized from the pictures Charlie showed him.

Mary saw that Jessie’s eyes had opened.

“Well, good morning sunshine.” Mary smiles at her nephew/niece.

“Aunt Mary, you came!” Jessie sits up suddenly and throws his arms around his aunt.

Mary wraps her arms around Jessie and holds him tight to her. She felt his body shake as all the tears and emotions he has been holding back burst out, he had his head buried against her shoulder and clung to her as if he was drowning.

“Shhh, everything is going to be okay now.” She rubs his back carefully, she had seen the pictures Charlie sent to her.

Charlie and Joe just watch as Jessie finally let everything he has been holding back come forth. Charlie especially knew how hard life has been for him, he had woken-up in the middle of the night from nightmares. Mary just holds her nephew in her arms and let his tears come.

She couldn’t image the things through which his father had put this poor child.

Jessie just holds onto his aunt, he could finally let everything he has been holding back let lose. He cries till he has no more tears and finally leans back to look up at his aunt and then over to his uncle.

“You’ve been a very good brother taking care of your sister, Jessie.” Mary brushes aside an unruly lock of his hair.

“I only did what mom taught me to do Aunt Mary. Mom told me it was my responsibility to care for my sister should anything happen to her, since I was first-born. She also told me to hold onto this.” Jessie reaches into Maggie’s diaper bag and pulls out the micro-SD card he has been holding onto.

“Here, let me see that Jessie.” Charlie held out his hands so he could give to him.

Jessie places the card in Charlie’s hand and watches as Charlie gets an adapter out of his computer bag and inserts the card into his laptop.

Charlie tries accessing the information and a password request pops up, he tries Maggie and it didn’t work, next he tries Jessie and it doesn’t work. Charlie thinks about what he knew about Jessie’s mother and then it hit him. He types in My Children Maggie and Jessie, it works and all the files and pictures Jessie’s mother has been displayed. An evil smile appears on his face. He backs all the information up to his cloud account and then sent a delivery date and time to a friend of his in the FBI to receive the information if something happens to them. He erases the card and puts a nasty virus on it that will seize control of their computers.

“This little virus should play nicely with their system.” Charlie ejects the SD card and hands it to Mary.

“We got to make sure they get this card, but we can’t make it easy for them.” Charlie figures this could be their bargaining chip.

“How are we going to do that?” Mary was still holding Jessie when she looks at Charlie.

“We won’t have to do anything. I bet Charles is going to go looking for Jessie and Maggie since he isn’t where he is supposed to be. We let them find us.” Joe smiles at his wife.

“So, in other words, we use the children as bait then.” Mary didn’t like that plan.

“Don’t worry Mary, the kids will be protected, he going to want this information more than anything else.” Joe hopes he can talk them out of doing anything to them, if not, well he never leaves home without his trusted .50 caliber Desert Eagle and he knew Charlie carried his twin Colt .45 semi-automatic pistols with him. He knew Mary had her 3006 rifle down in the truck along with his lever action 3030 rifle, she carried a M1911A1 pistol as well.

They may outnumber them, but at least they could put up a good fight.

“Why don’t we all go and get some breakfast and come back and pack up to go home or do you and Joe want to catch some sleep?” Charlie looks at Mary and Joe.

“We’ll be all alright Charlie, we got some sleep last night.” Mary watches as Maggie started stirring.

“Well look who just woke-up.” Mary nods her head over to the crib for Joe and Charlie.

Jessie stops crying and turns to look at the crib, he releases his arms from around his aunt and wipes the tears form his eyes as walks over and picks up his sister up and checks her diaper to see if it needs to be changed.

“Here, let me change her Jessie.” Mary had gotten up and walked over to see Maggie.

“Okay, Aunt Mary.” He hands her to his aunt so she could change her diaper.

“Why don’t you go and get dressed Jessie.” Joe had watched everything.

“Okay, Uncle Joe.” He goes and hugs his Uncle.

Joe returns the boys hug and smile, he remembers when Jessie was a shy little boy holding tight to his mother’s leg.

Jessie lets go and grabs some clothes into which to change, he goes into the bathroom, while Maggie is taken care of by his aunt.

Edited By:Dave

up
372 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As I said

sugar_britches63's picture

As I said the MC does not realize it yet but they are outnumbered by three gun toting rodeo folk that have a vested interested in saving a couple kids>

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Ah, chapter is too short.

Sabrina W's picture

Ah, chapter is too short. You are doing a good job in building the suspense. Well just have to wait for next chapter. LOL.

As the TV Marine Pvt Gomer

As the TV Marine Pvt Gomer Pyle used to say "Surprise", "surprise"; and that is what Charles, the dad and his four MC friends are going to be receiving.

Charlie's a sly one

Jamie Lee's picture

Finally, Mary and Joe arrive, bringing with them love and care.

Their arrival brings out the SD card and Charlie is a sly one uploading its contents to the Cloud and rigging the card for a nice surprise. Charles doesn't seem to be the sharpest tack in the box, nor any of the other members of the pig squad, so he won't think about the possibility of the information being uploaded and the card rigged. Boy oh boy when the FBI get that information! One thing is for sure, when that information reaches the FBI the others will think that maybe Charles turned them in. His name will be worse than mud when it hits the fan. One of those members may take out the trash before the trash can be taken out.

And Jessie and Maggie will have a new life with two people who will love and care for them.

Others have feelings too.

Good, well told story

I appreciate your writings, LadyDragon623 !

Just now I pray that Jessie, Maggie and his new found friends and family won't be hurt at the looming danger.

Greetings, Scarlett