Eyes Finally Opened Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Amy felt groggy and weak as a kitten when she got out of bed the next morning. Every part of her body felt stiff and sore as she climbed down from her bed. She shivers as the cold air in her room glided against her warm body. It woke her up a little bit more, but still felt weak and tired. Amy knew she needed food to replenish what her body had used up healing her last night. She slips on her slippers and opens the door to her room and walk out into the hallway.

Jose had been requested to watch over Amy as she slept. He had heard what happened last night after dinner to her and wonder why she didn’t fight back. He has personally seen what she is capable of and knew for a fact, that she could have wiped the floor against those that hurt her. He heard her bedroom door open as he closed the newspaper he had been reading. He stands up out his chair as he watches Amy walk out of her bedroom. He couldn’t believe how tired and pale she looked. She didn’t have her normal color about her.

“How are you feeling kiddo?” Jose stands up as he she comes walking out.

Amy looks at him “tired and sore” as she projects her thoughts to him.

Ever since April spoke to her mentally, she learned she could also do it on her own. She didn’t need her adopted mother’s help to translate for her.

Jose felt and heard Amy’s mental voice in his head. It didn’t bother him. His sister could do the same thing.

“Then you must be extremely hungry. Come on let’s get you to the dining room.” He leads the way down to the dining hall.

Amy follows behind him as he leads her to the dining hall. When she walks in, she notices her adopted mother wasn’t there.

She looks up at Jose “Where is Lady April?”

Jose felt Amy’s thoughts again. He looks down at her.

“She’s still in bed. If you want me too, I can go and wake her for you.” Jose knew April wouldn’t mind being woken-up if it concerned Amy.

Amy let’s her thoughts reach out to her adopted mother. She felt her adopted mother’s mind when she lightly touched her mind. April was still asleep, because she had stayed up late worrying about her.

A warm feeling crept over Amy. No one has ever worried about her or showed as much concern about her welfare like April was showing to her. She could feel that it was a motherly instinct that propels April to be concern about Amy.

Cain comes walking into the dining hall and saw Jose and Amy standing still. He could see that Amy was thinking about something and Jose was watching her. He also notices that Amy wasn’t looking to good this morning either.

Tears escape Amy’s eyes and flowed down her cheek. She had never felt that anyone would care for her like April does. She wipes the tears away. She couldn’t show weakness.

Amy felt strong arms wrapped around her and lift her up off her feet. She knew right away that they belonged to Cain. She turns around in his arms and buries her face against him and cry. The barriers she had put up a long time ago busted wide open and the tears just came pouring out of her.

Jose watched as Cain held Amy. He had watched Cain as he walked up slowly behind Amy. He could tell his Alpha was concerned about her, because even he noticed the tears sliding down her cheek. He watches as Amy buries her face against his alpha’s chest and cries. He had watched as Amy wrapped her arms around his alpha’s huge chest.

“Go and get something to eat Jose.” Cain looks at Jose as he held Amy in his arms. He couldn’t believe how light she weighted.

“Yes alpha.” Jose walks off to get some food to eat. He takes one last look at Amy as she is held against Cain’s body.

Cain carries Amy up to his study. He could feel the poor girl’s emotions right now. He had felt the barriers she had inside her mind burst wide open. Cain tries to help Amy cope with her emotions that were flowing out. He just holds her as he hears April’s footsteps coming towards his study.

April had woken-up and went to check on Amy, when she notices that Jose was gone. She had scanned the dining hall and discovered that Cain had her adopted daughter up in his study. The two of them had talked mentally about what was happening to Amy. Cain had informed his sister-in-law that Amy’s emotions were over whelming her. He told her what had happen and figured he might be able to help her.

Amy keeps her face against Cain’s shoulder. She was feeling every emotion she had held back when she worked for the HSL. Everything she had to hide from them, because of how she felt about what they had been doing to her.

April walks in and notices Cain holding her adopted daughter. She could feel how her emotions were washing over her.

Amy felt her mother’s mental touch on her mind. She tries to stop crying, but her emotions just wouldn’t stop.

Cain looks down at Amy “I’m going to give you to your mother Amy. She can help you more than I can with your emotions.”

Cain hands Amy over to April. He wishes he could help her more, but his talents didn’t lay in that department. April’s did and so did his wife’s talents.

April takes her crying daughter from Cain and holds her tight to her. She could feel the poor girl’s turmoil as she held her against her body.

She tries purring to sooth her as well as rubbing her back. She could feel Amy relax some, but kept on crying. April touches her adopted daughters mind and tries to sooth the emotions as they slowly slowed down inside her mind. She couldn’t stop Amy’s emotions from coming.
Amy could do that herself, but they weren’t going to be closed off any more.

“Everything is going to be better sweetie. You’ll never have to lock away how you feel any more.” April mentally tries soothing Amy with her love and what Amy means to her.

Amy slowly starts to calm down and after a while falls asleep against her adopted mothers shoulder. She was so emotionally and physically tired. That’s he couldn’t keep her eyes open any more.

April felt her adopted daughter fall sleep against her shoulder. She felt relieve that she had managed to calm Amy down and mad at what the HSL had done to her to make a weapon out of her. She hopes the Alpha’s of every Were group can come up with something to punish them for their crimes.

April carries Amy back to her bedroom and lay her down to sleep some in her bed. Not the bed in Amy’s own room, but in her bed. Amy could smell her scent and still feel like she was with her. April tucks her in and places a kiss on her forehead, as she backs quietly out of her bedroom. Afterwards April heads back downstairs to the dining hall. Her stomach was growling. As she walks in, she notices her sister and Cain at the table eating and talking. Marge and her staff have already placed her plate on the table, loaded with her favorite breakfast items.

Cain watches as his sister-in-law sits down next to his wife. April and his wife were extremely close to one another. He and she were close as well. They had gone to the same school and grew up together. His wife had been in a boarding school over in Europe, but when she came home for the holidays and summer vocation, they had met and it was love at first site. His beast knew right away who his mate was.

“How is Amy, April?” Cain takes a bite of his steak.

“She finally cried herself to sleep. I peeked at her memories that she has been holding back. You wouldn’t believe all the things they wouldn’t allow her to do. She was treated like a weapon, never like a child. No affection, no one there when she hurt herself to comfort her, nothing. She crazed this affection, but no one would give it to her. Even the room she had been kept in was kept free of anything that would show any kindness or affection.” April takes a bite of her steak as well. Marge had brought her a plate of steak, eggs and hash browns for breakfast.

“The HSL call us monster, but they take an innocent girl and turn her into a weapon and treat her like a monster.” Joyce couldn’t understand these humans. Why would anyone do something like that?

“I know. I have a feeling that it’s going to take me a few months to undo years of neglect they did to Amy.” April felt sorry for her adopted daughter.

“I’ve managed to talk with the rest of the Alpha’s and share the information Amy gave us. Each pride or packs are sending over two enforcers from their group to form a task group. I would like Amy to work with them. She’s a skilled fighter and knows how they fight. She can past that knowledge on to them.” Cain figures she was the best candidate for this.

“I think it’s too soon to ask her to do that Cain. On top of that, she’s going to need someone to communicate for her as well,” April didn’t want to push her daughter so soon.

“I’m assigning Troy to be her voice. He’s wanted to know how she manages to do all she does. I figure he would be able to communicate what she wants them to do. She can give him the information to look for and he can make them adjust their stance.”

“I still think it’s too soon. She may not want to fight.” April didn’t want to push her daughter.

Amy comes walking into the dining hall still dress in her night clothes and walks over to April and climb on to her lap. She was too big to be treated like a baby, but she wanted her mother’s support right now.

April looks at her daughter as she held her in arms and on her lap.

“You were asleep, sweetie. What are you doing up?” April wonders what woke her daughter.

“Food, plus I could hear Uncle Cain even when I was asleep.” Amy was resting her head against her mother’s shoulder.

April looks toward Cain “you woke her with your thoughts broadcasting.”

Cain looks at Amy and couldn’t believe she was picking up his thoughts. He made sure he wasn’t broadcasting what he was thinking.

Cain looks over towards Amy” would you teach a handful of our people your style of fighting and let Troy work with you?”

“Yes” Amy figures she wouldn’t mind teaching her pride how to fight the HSL. Her fighting style was unique and most of the HSL didn’t know it. She had been taught a lot of different styles of fighting throughout the years.

“You know you don’t have to do this.” April looks down at her daughter.

“I know mom. I don’t mind, but the ones Uncle ask me to train might resent me teaching them.” Amy’s tummy rumbles after speaking to her mother.

“Here sweetie. Why don’t you eat some of my breakfast?” April picks up her fork with some of her breakfast on it and feed it to Amy.

Amy eats a good portion of April’s breakfast. Her body was craving the calories to replenish what she has lost due to her healing. As she ate, her body started to get its normal coloring back and her energy levels were returning to what they normally were.

Cain had to scoop more food onto April’s plate since her lap was full of Amy sitting on her lap.

April pulls the chair out next to her “over you go sweetie.”

Amy moves over to the other chair and continues eating breakfast with her Uncle, Aunt and mother. She stops after a third filling of her plate and sit back against the seat with a full belly and her body fully energized and her color back.

“I think she’s full.” Cain looks over towards Amy and notice how happy she looks.

“Amy, do you know why the HSL would create someone like you?”

“Yes, they knew normal humans can’t compete against the supernatural. They wanted a solider that could be a match against the supernatural. So, I was created. They tried to make another like me, but the genetic material they used became contaminated. So, I was the only one to made successfully.”

“Do you know who sponsor your creation?” Cain was curious.

“No sir.” Amy didn’t have access to that information.

He just smiles at her “so? Do you think you can take on Troy later?”

Amy looks over towards him “if he can deal with losing against me. I’ll try to make it look good.”

“Them fighting words, kids.” Troy just looks at Amy with a challenge in his eyes.

Amy just smiles at him.

“We can go after breakfast if you would like for us too, Uncle.” Amy was getting use to be able to speak mentally. She wishes she knew she could do this when she was with the HSL.

up
239 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Why do I believe that Troy is

Why do I believe that Troy is going to have his butt handed to him by Amy? He is going to suddenly discover that he nor any of the others defeat this "little girl", unless it by use of massive use of overbearing force.

Poor Troy

She's going to invite several others as well. So, she is fighting six at once.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

I Think

That Amy is extremely lucky. That she realised what was done to her.
Also I feel that if she had been able to read and talk mentally. earlier while in the hands of the HSL,
She would have found sooner the deception she was under but if the HSL had realised that I feel she could well have been killed,
Matt

What a complex girl she is

Troy needs to up his game and learn that girls can fight too. How will he handle his ass whooping? Is he going to be a man or a boy about it? Crying isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of healing as he's about to find out, right Ms Dragon?

Hooked on your story. Can't wait for next chapter.

Hugs,

Santacruzman

Poor Troy

Yep, you're right that crying is a sign of healing and emotional release. Something that men don't understand.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Great!

Loving this story!!!

alissa

Surprises abound

Jamie Lee's picture

First Amy discovers she can communicated even though she can't speak. Then Troy and others are going to learn a very valuable lesson, never believe you're better than an unknown opponent. It will save having the doctor trying to sew your head back on.

Others have feelings too.